This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate doesn't win Emmy?

Stargate SG-1 episode "Lost City - Part II" loses the Emmy Award for best visual effects to Enterprise? Pardon my French, but what a load of ****! Those old farts at the Academy wouldn't know good visual effects if bit them on the ass.

Sorry about my anger, but I've seen both episodes respectively and Lost City absolutely ****ted on anything "Countdown" had to offer.

Any thoughts?
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

I agree completely. I rewatched Countdown.
    sigpic

Comment

One must learn to disregard what prize commities think. They have no taste. They're the kind of people that enjoyed "Gigli."

Comment

Even though i love stargate i think enterprise deserved to win. They had amazing special effects in nearly every ep in the whole of season 3!

Comment

It's a really tough choice between the two. On the amount, I'd say Enterprise. For the quality and "OMG" moment I'd say Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Charmed88
            Even though i love stargate i think enterprise deserved to win. They had amazing special effects in nearly every ep in the whole of season 3!
            But the award wasn't for every ep in season 3. It was for 'Countdown', and IMHO, the visual effects were better in TLC.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              But the award wasn't for every ep in season 3. It was for 'Countdown', and IMHO, the visual effects were better in TLC.

Sorry I have to disagree with you guys. Enterprise deserved those emmy's(it got one for music too.). I really can't see how you think that TLC had better effects. They were realistic and good yes, but the enterprise's countdown effects went above and beyond what was called for. While TLC had some ship and planet effects, enterprise had much more complicated things, like blending CGI with practical sets fot the Xindi weapon, along with CGI people. Also it had excellent and memorable ship destructions like the Xindi-aquatic ships, when the water it had in it turned to ice when the glass cracked and the immense deck detail the arboreal ships got when they were destroyed in the anomloly. I think that the emmys finally got something right.

Comment

You also have to take into account that Enterprises budget is probably alot bigger the Stargates Budget. Also about Enterprise i heard that there budget is being reduced for season 4, Though it will probably still have a larger budget than SG1 lets see how it does this year.
                I know that in season 8 there haven't really been that many special effects but i think thats because they are saving money for the last few Episodes which are apparently going to be the biggest they have ever done, according to the creators. And lets not forget Atlantis, Rising had great Special Effects, and im sure more episodes will. Better luck next year Stargate.
                But congratulations Enterprise (Star Trek isn't exactly a Critics favourite show so i doubt there was favourtism), I actually like Enterprise, its no SG1 thats for sure (and im a Trekkie) but i still enjoy it. I guess you could also call me a Gatey(???). Have not actually seen Enterprise Season 3 yet but it is starting Next Wednesday in Australia so i will be able to see for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                  I guess you could also call me a Gatey(???).
                  I prefer Gater.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BIG UNIT
                    You also have to take into account that Enterprises budget is probably alot bigger the Stargates Budget. Also about Enterprise i heard that there budget is being reduced for season 4, Though it will probably still have a larger budget than SG1 lets see how it does this year.
                    I know that in season 8 there haven't really been that many special effects but i think thats because they are saving money for the last few Episodes which are apparently going to be the biggest they have ever done, according to the creators. And lets not forget Atlantis, Rising had great Special Effects, and im sure more episodes will. Better luck next year Stargate.
                    But congratulations Enterprise (Star Trek isn't exactly a Critics favourite show so i doubt there was favourtism), I actually like Enterprise, its no SG1 thats for sure (and im a Trekkie) but i still enjoy it. I guess you could also call me a Gatey(???). Have not actually seen Enterprise Season 3 yet but it is starting Next Wednesday in Australia so i will be able to see for myself.

If you enjoy enterprise seasons 1+2, then you will love enterprise season 3. Compared to 1+2 it is like night and day. It's been the best trek since DS9. About treks budget cut, after interviews with scott bakula, he stated that you won't see any change in the visual effects or the quality of the production design. Hopefully his statements are accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Servo
                      Sorry I have to disagree with you guys. Enterprise deserved those emmy's(it got one for music too.). I really can't see how you think that TLC had better effects. They were realistic and good yes, but the enterprise's countdown effects went above and beyond what was called for. While TLC had some ship and planet effects, enterprise had much more complicated things, like blending CGI with practical sets fot the Xindi weapon, along with CGI people. Also it had excellent and memorable ship destructions like the Xindi-aquatic ships, when the water it had in it turned to ice when the glass cracked and the immense deck detail the arboreal ships got when they were destroyed in the anomloly. I think that the emmys finally got something right.
                      Fine. So long as Atlantis gets one next year for the spectacular scene of Atlantis rising out of the ocean.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't believe that Stargate didn't get an Emmy for " The Lost City" .

I haven't seen it yet but by the looks of it on the net it sounds like the visual affects are spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                        X