This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violence in Atlantis

I saw ‘Rising Pt1 & Pt2’ a few days ago.

Atlantis is a Sci-Fi show that is for mixed ages. Old and Young.

When I saw ‘Rising’ a few days ago, I noticed that Ford put a Buttet in one of the Wraiths face point blank range. (with blood gusting out)

I understand that as it was a Pilot Episode, the episode had to be quite high budgit, action packed and generally fills us with the SG universe but does anyone else think that this short of violence should be bought to session 4 which I have been told will be allot darker than the previous sessions.

I personally think that viewing rating will not decrease if you put in this ‘darkness’.
    Just look at how popular BattleStar is and that is quite a Dark show.

Simply questions.

Bullet in Face O.K – Yes or No.
    Bullet in Face with Blood Gusting out – Yes or No

Would you like to see a more darker Atlantis like we saw in ‘Rising’ and ‘The Storm’ more

In SG-1 we never saw a Goa'uld get a bullet in the Head. I like to see this in Atlantis
    Last edited by VSHARMA; 19 April 2007, 05:39 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

As long as it is not to disgusting (meaning: you have to close your eyes and wait until it's over), I'm fine with it. As you already said, the other shows are a lot darker than Atlantis, so the normal audience is already used to it.

For the younger viewers it's bad but Atlantis is aired in the evening (at least in Germany) so that the possible very young viewers cannot watch the show unless the parents allow them to.
    Plus, it's sci-fi which means that some strange and darker things are often included;-)
    Last edited by BeckettRulez; 25 March 2007, 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
    Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

When I saw ‘Rising’ a few days ago, I noticed that Ford put a Buttet in one of the Wraiths face point blank range. (with blood gusting out)

I understand that as it was a Pilot Episode, the episode had to be quite high budgit, action packed and generally fills us with the SG universe but does anyone else think that this short of violence should be bought to session 4 which I have been told will be allot darker than the previous sessions.

I personally think that viewing rating will not decrease if you put in this ‘darkness’.

Simply questions.

Would you like to see a more darker Atlantis like we saw in ‘Rising’ and ‘The Storm’ more

In SG-1 we never saw a Goa'uld get a bullet in the Head. I like to see this in Atlantis

Mods Feel free to add a Poll.
      Trust me when I say that unless youre AMISH or BLIND youve seen worse than this on tv by the time youre 5. Complaining about a common accurance and fact of life is a little naieve imho. Theres nickelodeon and qvc for the faint hearted, the rest of the world will just have to grow a pair and keep up with the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
        Trust me when I say that unless youre AMISH or BLIND youve seen worse than this on tv by the time youre 5. Complaining about a common accurance and fact of life is a little naieve imho. Theres nickelodeon and qvc for the faint hearted, the rest of the world will just have to grow a pair and keep up with the rest of us.
        How sad.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          How sad.
          Yeah but he is right. Some stuff out there is pretty awful.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Simply questions.

Mods Feel free to add a Poll.
            It's obviously considered acceptable because it was in the Drone's face mask. No blood came out, which is like everything in else in SG when somebody gets shot to sh#t. Therefore no blood = no gore.

If he had been shot & blood burst everywhere, then it probably wouldn't have been allowed.

However they've always marketed Atlantis as being darker than SG-1, so personally don't see a problem with it. In truth, I still even think it's a little less dark as a series. I'd probably consider it more campy than anything else. Written for boys by bigger boays. Which is how they put in stuff like Vagina monologue, or the constant busty bimbos & wenches.

I'd love to see them do an 18 rated uncut version released on a special edition DVD where there is gore galore! Somebody gets shot with a big ass gun & the insides spill out & all the rest. To me that would be cool!

Comment

SGA reminds me of the A-Team, lots of fire arm but no one gets hurt. A-Team was packing heat and spreading the love but the aim was all off. When ever I see a wraith go down, it's the same... No blood, no guts---then all is good in the world.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

i like the darker side of stargate, i think no matter what it is or when its on, if you are worried about what you're kids are watching, try and do your best to monitor it. I know its impossible all the time, but even talk to your kids about it, explain its not real, and why people shouldn't do that in real life etc.

almost all shows have a parental warnings on them on our local 'space;' channel
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

There's an SG-1 episode that I won't identify in the latter half of S10 where someone gets shot and it seemed quite graphic compared to their usual. I for one am all for it. Atlantis in particular needs to go darker. Season 1 was really, really dark at times, but Season 2 and somewhat Season 3 have really taken the foot off the gas.

I've really enjoyed these past two seasons a lot, but unfortunately, they lost what was a totally awesome "tone" for the show in Season 1.
                  Theoretically spoilerish:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I think there is dark as in psychological mind games and then there is the crap that most American TV shows think is dark, such as the blood and guts, no consequences for actions, and the attitude of "heck they are just the evil enemy it is just fine and dandy to torcher them!"

This is why I hated the opener's to season 3.
                    Spoiler:
                    It is not find and bloody dandy to do what they did imho. It was immoral. But hey I am just a viewer what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcKayCan View Post
                      There's an SG-1 episode that I won't identify in the latter half of S10 where someone gets shot and it seemed quite graphic compared to their usual. I for one am all for it. Atlantis in particular needs to go darker. Season 1 was really, really dark at times, but Season 2 and somewhat Season 3 have really taken the foot off the gas.

I've really enjoyed these past two seasons a lot, but unfortunately, they lost what was a totally awesome "tone" for the show in Season 1.
                      Talking about Talion? Also I think While I love season 2 asm much as the rest it wasnt as dark till the end, season 3 IMO has been much darker and season 4 even more so. I do think though if some are concerned by some eps then just don't watch it around your kids.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

That;s not even counting the cop shows, where there are full on autopsies.. or history/learning channels where they show medevil fights...
                        Or just the plain old news, reporting on the lastest suicide/roadside bombing..

Comment

Idiot. I'm not complaining. I want to see more of it. Where does it say on my post that I disagree with the Violence?

I say bring back on more of this violent behaviour and gore.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I expect it to be easier to watch then the nightly news.

I staying as positive as possible.
                            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                            Individuality is freedom lived.
                            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

I say bring back on more of this violent behaviour and gore.
                              Yeah!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X