Why does Smallville keep stopping???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Smallville keep stopping???

Why does Smallville keep going off the air for a month or so. I know some shows when there shown in America take a mid season break at there two parter, I know Stargate did and because of that the UK got to see the incredibly anti-climatic last episode of Stargate first, I won't go into detail in case it hasn't been shown in other countries yet, but back to my question, why does Smallville keep stopping???

Plus there was no trailer for the next episode at the end of 'Combat'.
    http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Because a lot of tv channels are doing this crap now. More than one hiatus in a season. It sucks, but it is becoming the new tv reality.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Seems like they are taking a break every two weeks
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Yeh its annoying in England, they don't do that, they just show all of it I don't get why in America they do it.

I mean I live in england watch the shows the next day after you guys in the US watch it, and its hard to keep track of the shows, especially "House".

I mean what they've done with "24" is good they aren't gonna do a hiatus but just one continous run.
        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

They are all doing it because they want their shows to end during May.

It's all down a little mystery called 'May Sweeps'. Why everyone would want their shows to end at the same time is beyond me, but I try not to understand Americans, it could make a person's mind collapse.

Ending a show when nothing else worth watching is on seems best, instead of ending a whole bunch of good shows at the same time.

sigpic

Comment

This is only my one man's opinion but what I think is happenening is that other programs or events (such as Nascar racing) have begun offering MORE advertising money than what commercials normally bring in. So the network is making room for the shows that pay more money for the airspace.

And this is how ludacris I think the whole advertising market has become: If some terrifically awful product like, oh, a peach fuzz shaver were to suddenly offer twice the advertising rate for the time slot Smallville appers on, we'd have an hour long commercial about the peach fuzz Flowbee instead of the show. And Smallville would be bumped to Sunday at something like 9 in the morning!

That's my take.

Comment

Because TV producers like to torture fans and watchers alike.
              Or something like that.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
              Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
              "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
              My deviantART profile

Comment

I don't know why they do it and the person that came up with it should be shot. I have already lost interest in Sopranos and have no desire to watch anymore eps. because of it. I already cancelled my HBO. I know a lot of people that don't even watch TV anymore because of it. My brother is one of them. We have a life and TV is not it. So pissing me off isn't going to get me to want to watch it. It is going to get me to not watch it and not care. No swet off my back. I will wait for the DVD and watch it all at once. The network won't make crap. We have four more eps. of Smallville and it better not take a damn year to watch.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

its film in vancouver, canada and it's surroundings. if your not from here you wouldn't know that it rains alot. and
                  most episodes you see is done 4weeks to 2months ago.

but i'm assuming the real reason is so you dont wait like 2-3 months inbetween breaks and then suffer another 4 months of summer break.. rather they air a few episodes and then give you a 2 weeks break.. and repeat..

Comment

It is normal. House M.D. had a two week break showed one episode and the had another three week break right after showing just a single episode! A lot of series do that lately and I hate it. I guess they do it to draw out the season.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                      I guess they do it to draw out the season.
                      They should make the seasons longer then...
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Because a lot of tv channels are doing this crap now. More than one hiatus in a season. It sucks, but it is becoming the new tv reality.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                          They should make the seasons longer then...

or start the shows later!! argh!! it really wouldn't be that hard. and I for one would love longer seasons.

Comment

Yeh and how do you americans know when the show is gonna be on when there is such long breaks, or there is 1 ep then 2 week break then 1 ep then 1 week break, how do you keep track??
                            I HATE SY-FY

Comment

American television is oversaturated. American TV Network Executives think that Americans have nothing better to do than watch TV. If you're not watching Smallville, no biggie, you'll watch something else. Notice how TV seasons and the episodes themselves have gotten shorter?

Season Length
                              In the 1960's, a standard TV season was 30 episodes. This has shortened to 26, 24, 22, and now 20 episodes per season. Some shows have 13-episode seasons.

Episode Length
                              In the 1960's, a standard TV episode was 50 minutes long with 10 minutes of commercials. The ratio changed to 45-minute episodes with 15 minutes of commercials. Now the ratio is 42-minute episodes with 18 minutes of commercials.

Comment

Working...
                              X