This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ark of Truth vs. Continuum POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Which Movie Do You Think Will Sell Better ?
    Ark Of Truth Or Continuum
    I Personally Think They'll Both Do Good For Different Reasons
    1. Ark Of Truth - A Lot Of People Will Want To Know How The Ori- Arc Gets Finished
    2. Continuum - Although A Time-travel-like Sort Of Story (i Know Quite A Few People Who Aren't Fond Of That) Has Rda In It And If Used Appropiately The Stand-alone Story Could Do Just As Well As Ark Of Truth

Personally, I'm looking forward to 'Continuum' more than 'The Ark of Truth' as I wasn't too fond of the Ori to start of with and I'll be glad to have old team back in the second movie. From some of the spoilers that I've read about, it should be like a good ol' SG1 adventure from seasons 1-8, which were my fav seasons.

I just feel that the storyline will be more exciting as we don't know what's coming. Where as with the first one, we know it's just about defeating the Ori. However, I may be wrong, so we'll just have to wait and see. But to answer your question: I'm more excited about 'Continuum' and think it will sell better because it's more like seasons 1-8, which had higher ratings compared to seasons 9-10.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

If every consumer was like me (obviously not true!), I think Continuum would sell better than the Ark of Truth. I enjoy the time travel episodes the most and especially the character of Jack O'Neill. So Continuum would have everything I like about Stargate in one mega-movie!!

The Ori arc is interesting, especially its strong ties to Judo-Christian religion (is that the right term?) but I prefer the Gou'ald arc far better. Mainly because I am more interested in Egyptian/Roman/Greek mythology! I miss the old SG days where the enemies are named after Gods and the people's superstitions and myths were explained away by alien technology. That's what hooked me on SG at first.
      sine sine cosine sine,
      three point one four one five nine!
      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Not sure actually, there's different aspects of both which are to like.
        Personally i think i will like The Ark of truth better.

The Ark of Truth:
        Not a big fan of the Ori but it brings everything forward and will conclude the series of SG-1 as we know it right now.
        We will get to see what the Tau'ri decides to do with the new Asgard tech recieved and well, there's some twists to the story that i didnt see coming
        Spoiler:
        Sure we saw Tomin (Vala's husband from the Ori galaxy) question the actions made by the priors but he never questioned the Ori, and yet in the movie he will see the Ori as the false gods they are and will give info to the SGC about the Ori etc..

Continuum:
        I really hated the timetravel episodes of SG-1, heck i even skipped the Moebius episodes after watching for like 10 minutes.
        While Ba'al is a good villain he's been overdone.
        Spoiler:
        As far as i can see on the plot etc though we might not see that much of Jack as i'd hoped so it wont really bring back the feeling we had in S1-S8 since it will still be Cam that will run the mission to restore the world as they know it.
        Might be fun to see Vala in her Goa'uld form of Katesh and Teal'c back as first prime this time to Ba'al though.
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I hate the Ori, but I hate time travel more so I think Ark Of Truth will do better.

Comment

I like the Ori story arc more and wasnt too happy with Moebius which I think Continuum is imitating so not looking forward to that one. So hail be to the Ark of Truth.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I am thinking Ark of Truth will be better.

Continuum sounds a lot like a rehash of Moebius, while Ark will be concluding the Orii story which alone makes it more anticipated for me.

While I would expect more people to like Continuum for RDA and such, and how it can seem like old SG1 (because not everyone likes S9+) I think that Ark of Truth has more potential.

sigpic

Comment

I'm going with Continuum, not just because Jacks in it, but its a solid single movie story line, no crap about the Ori etc.
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  While I would expect more people to like Continuum for RDA and such, and how it can seem like old SG1 (because not everyone likes S9+) I think that Ark of Truth has more potential.
                  How do you figure it will seem more like old SG1 when its Carter, Daniel and Mitchell who's going to save the day and not the old team? Seems more like a shortened version of the S9-S10 team.
                  Of course not everything is known to the public about what will unfold, but from what's released it says that it is in fact Carter, Daniel and Mitchell who will be the team even if RDA will be in the movie it doesnt mean he will be on the team, for all we know he might just be there to tell the team to go for it and wish them luck..
                  Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?

Comment

How do you figure it will seem more like old SG1 when its Carter, Daniel and Mitchell who's going to save the day and not the old team? Seems more like a shortened version of the S9-S10 team.
                    Of course not everything is known to the public about what will unfold, but from what's released it says that it is in fact Carter, Daniel and Mitchell who will be the team even if RDA will be in the movie it doesnt mean he will be on the team, for all we know he might just be there to tell the team to go for it and wish them luck..
                    I really wouldnt take RDA appirence for granted. How often you'll get a chance to see RDA again befor he retires from Film industry for good, let along Stargate Universe.
                    Lets appretiate this kind of moments, while we still have them.
                    We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                      I really wouldnt take RDA appirence for granted. How often you'll get a chance to see RDA again befor he retires from Film industry for good, let along Stargate Universe.
                      Lets appretiate this kind of moments, while we still have them.
                      That's true, but from many comments i've seen in different posts it seems many people think he will take a lead role in the movie and i dont really see that happening, that was my point.
                      But i'll take as many appearances by him as possible

Comment

I think both will do well. I know the first one is basically what season 11 would be and enough people will be curious to see what it would've been and see the Ori SL wrapped up. Why I think the second one will do well is because partially RDA and it will give the classic SG-1 fans what they want the Gou'ld the enemy they like better.
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I think they both will do well, We really want them to
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Personally, I think both SG-1 movies will be awesome. I can't wait for Ark of Truth, to see how the Ori arc is wrapped up. And as for Continuum, I can't wait for that to see what new path they set SG-1 on.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                            X