X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agard upgrades on Atlantis

What do you think about this:

Earth now have Asgard database and there are plans for Neutrino Ion generators
    they could reverse engineer them and made some of them to power Atlantis shield. There could like 6 or 7 generators to power the shield. Could they power the shield or a star drive maybe. And ZPM would power everything else.
    I would like to fly with this baby.

I mentioned that in another thread, but it'll never happen. It would make the team too powerful.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

they will never be to powerfull maybe another 100 years or so.

we dont know what the wraith are capable off and the asurans the wraith even beat the ancients so one city that can survive with the asguard extra's will not make us all powerfull.

i even think that we will ever hear about the advancements and the asguard database it will just be forgotten.

Comment

If you want Atlantis to have more than 4 Seasons then pray TPTB destroy the Odyssey because it has to many good things on it .

Comment

Originally posted by genius21 View Post
          they will never be to powerfull maybe another 100 years or so.

we dont know what the wraith are capable off and the asurans the wraith even beat the ancients so one city that can survive with the asguard extra's will not make us all powerfull.

i even think that we will ever hear about the advancements and the asguard database it will just be forgotten.
          It would prevent Atlantis from being directly threatened by the Wraith. It's been said since the series premiere that the Wraith were never capable of getting past Atlantis' fully powered shield.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

First, its not Neutrino Ion Generators, they simply stated Asgard Power Core. And while I know they may be found in the database, they're definately obsolete.

Secondly, they can't use the Asgard Power Cores anywhere in Pegasus because the Ori Ships will detect the the subspace anomaly and they'll have a whole other galaxy to convert. One that they wont face much resistance in. They would find Atlantis, and there goes the most advanced tech.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Atlantis is already a completely Ancient designed city ship. I doubt it could be "upgraded' very much by Asgard technology. At the very least I hope that we can understand some of Atlantis' technology better than we do now.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                Atlantis is already a completely Ancient designed city ship. I doubt it could be "upgraded' very much by Asgard technology. At the very least I hope that we can understand some of Atlantis' technology better than we do now.
                I think it's more about powering the city with Asgard Power Cores (which will never happen), not upgrading the tech. As for alerting the Ori: 1.) The Ori already know about Pegasus. The Doci has read Daniel Jackson's mind. Danny discovered Atlantis' address. Several other SG-teams have also had their minds read by priors. 2.) The Ori won't be a threat by SGA S4.5.
                sigpic
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

I think they could use a Asgard powrsource to power the Atlantis. This won't make them gods amongst the other races because we still don't know all of there tech and how to use it. I mean to make an Asgard generator will take time, just because we have the knowledge doesn't mean we know how to make it yet. But in time if we don't know how to make a ZPM yet then we will most likely use the next most advancded races power source. As for the Ori, I don't think we have to worry about them that much anymore
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

if anything, the asgard knowledge may help us understand the ancient database a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett View Post
                      if anything, the asgard knowledge may help us understand the ancient database a little better.

But the Asgard had trouble understanding parts of it so it would not be to much help
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Secondly, they can't use the Asgard Power Cores anywhere in Pegasus because the Ori Ships will detect the the subspace anomaly and they'll have a whole other galaxy to convert. One that they wont face much resistance in. They would find Atlantis, and there goes the most advanced tech.
                        The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I would like to see the ORI convert the Wraith or the Asurans .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          If you want Atlantis to have more than 4 Seasons then pray TPTB destroy the Odyssey because it has to many good things on it .

I got a feeling they will destroy it in the Movie. Maybe they'll say something like they could only save 5-10% of the Asgard Database.

Now that we the Asgard Database, everyone thinks that Earth is unstoppable but thats not true because we have had the Ancient Database for 3 years with not much success of creating any of their tech.

I’m getting bored to death of everyone saying that we now can now destroy Hives ships and Own the Ori now that we destroyed 2 ships. We only have the one ship and I doubt the rest of the 304’s will be upgraded for another few years…. If ever.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            I think it's more about powering the city with Asgard Power Cores (which will never happen), not upgrading the tech. As for alerting the Ori: 1.) The Ori already know about Pegasus.
                            The Ori have made no indications that they are aware of any activity in the Pegasus galaxy or that it even exists.

Originally posted by Ripple in Space
                            2.) The Ori won't be a threat by SGA S4.5.
                            What makes you say that?

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                              The Ori have made no indications that they are aware of any activity in the Pegasus galaxy or that it even exists.
                              Oh they know. Joe Mallozzi confirmed it in his thread many moons ago.

What makes you say that?
                              Spoiler:
                              Ark of Truth?

Comment

Working...
                              X