This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 Episodes

I had just read on Aintitcool that season 4 of battlestar will be 22 episodes and not 13. Is this bad or good new.

Plus we also get a 2 hour movie about the pegasus after the intial cylon attack.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31976

Well, it says official word will be out today. I guess we should find out if this is true or not.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I tend to ignore aintitcoolnews, since I can't help but wonder how much everyone is paying that knob to get excited over everything.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's true! Hollywood Press confirms!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=19493

This is the best news I've heard in ages! However, methinks...

Spoiler:
        It was picked up in full because it will be the final season
        sigpic

Comment

i don't see anything good in 22 epizodes .. if anything, 3. season showed us that RDM doesnt have nuff stories for so many epizodes ... i am actually close to stop watching BSG cause it became really boring ... not to mention annoying (quad).

13 eps wuld be more then nuff to wrap it up and give it closure .... 22 is way too much ... speacially considering

(spoilers for finale):
          Spoiler:
          that Starbuck returns and she found Earth (or it seems so)
          Last edited by silence; 22 March 2007, 01:07 AM.
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=40676

SCI FI Boosts Battlestar Order

SCI FI Channel has increased its episode order for the fourth season of Battlestar Galactica to 22 from the original 13, including a special two-hour extended episode that will air during the fourth quarter of this year and be released on DVD by Universal Studios Home Entertainment thereafter. SCI FI made the announcement at its upfront press event in New York on March 21.

Battlestar Galactica will air its season-three finale on March 25 in its regular Sunday 10 p.m. ET/PT timeslot. Production will begin on the new season in May, with an eye to an early 2008 premiere.

The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio and is executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick.
            Overall not too bad. I am surprised they'd go from 13 episodes to 22 so soon, has there been an increase in ratings that i've not heard about?
            With the lower ratings BSG was supposed to have been receiving, I would have expected the 13 episodes to have just been ordered to keep the show around with the lower ratings.

sigpic

Comment

well I already guessed that it will be last season, so I think 22 episodes are good for more character developement and a set up for an amazing finale, so I'm happy now!!!

although I'm a bit disappointed about the movie! I guess no Edward J. Olmos and Mary McDonnell then

Comment

I'm sure they're trying as hard as possible to get near 100 episodes. Repeat syndication is where some real money is.

Comment

According to the link here on Dark Horizons, http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070322b.php it will be actually 20 episodes plus the 2 hour movie.

Now comes word via TV Guide that the series has been picked up for the 'back nine' which brings the total to a full 22-episode fourth season. The pick up includes a two-hour telemovie to air in the fall on Sc-iFi Channel as well as a direct-to-DVD release. The other 20 episodes will begin airing in 2008.

Comment

I don't see why so many people think this is a sign of finality. It just means that both halves of the season have been picked up. Talk about jumping to conclusions. And if RDM meant what he said in the Maelstrom podcast, that Maelstrom is the first chaper of the third part of what he envisions as a four-part series, then there should be at least another season to go after season 4.

Comment

22 eps is good without doubt. As it is, 4 seasons is cutting it short. Never have I been so captivated and enthralled with such a gritty, dark and politically-heavy sci-fi with a great deal of existentialism thrown in for good measure.

For those who think that 13 eps or 4 seasons is enough, consider this: SG-1 could have finished on an 8th season but found new material to keep hammering on for 2 more, and needed the extra time to TIE IT UP because they had even more ideas for an 11th season. The episode with the fuel carrier and the strike just goes to show that there are excellent ideas that we haven't even considered that the creators and writers have up their sleeves. Long live Battlestar (for as long as possible).

PS - With the final season looking to be the next one, anyone know how the spin off 'Caprica' is doing?

Comment

Another article and press release at

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....star_gala.html

Comment

Well,don't really care how many episodes they will make,but I don't mind if season 4 is the last one.Why?Because every show has a beginning,middle and the end.
                          They just cannot run forever because the ships are in really bad conditions,population continuously declining,ect.
                          So I'm happy with these news.

Comment

Originally posted by icf View Post
                            According to the link here on Dark Horizons, http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070322b.php it will be actually 20 episodes plus the 2 hour movie.

Now comes word via TV Guide that the series has been picked up for the 'back nine' which brings the total to a full 22-episode fourth season. The pick up includes a two-hour telemovie to air in the fall on Sc-iFi Channel as well as a direct-to-DVD release. The other 20 episodes will begin airing in 2008.
                            2008 ?!?!?!?!?! I won't be able to wait that long !
                            Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
                            McKay: You need to get out more.
                            Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
                            - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Comment

Strange move on their part. As far as I know the ratings have not made a come back.

I'm really hoping this isn't a sign that Sci-Fi's planning to make this the "last" season. Five Seasons of BSG is much more appealing that just four.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Working...
                              X