This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how the Asgards...Unending spoilers

now that the asgards are die, people will miss them, but how about the holograph in the DSC-304? maybe the holo can act like the Doctor from Star trek vogayer and have a personally?

Nope. The Asgard hologram just brings up the image (and voice) of the Asgard, nothing was ever said about it having the ability to create a personality or being able to interact like that. After a few years of "that can not be done" coming out of HoloThor, I think Carter could have tried to do that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Nope. The Asgard hologram just brings up the image (and voice) of the Asgard, nothing was ever said about it having the ability to create a personality or being able to interact like that. After a few years of "that can not be done" coming out of HoloThor, I think Carter could have tried to do that.
      Lantean Holograms might be able to do it.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        Lantean Holograms might be able to do it.
        Possibly, but in the end any hologram wouldn't be the real version, or an accurate version. Any personality would need to be created from the begining and that could end up being a very different thing to Thor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Possibly, but in the end any hologram wouldn't be the real version, or an accurate version. Any personality would need to be created from the begining and that could end up being a very different thing to Thor.
          Oh, I understood him to be asking if they could create an AI Hologram using the new tech, not Thor or an Asgard specifically, just any random AI. You might be right; there seems to be a language barrier.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
          X