Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies and Earth's technology (spoilers for Unending)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies and Earth's technology (spoilers for Unending)

Not sure who has seen Unending - but for those of you that have not STOP READING NOW!!

Ok, so... Unending... WOW! Talk about cool! Can you imagine being the Ori ship, watching your partners get blown to hell and back by an Earth Vessel, firing on the Odyssey, watching it blow up... then come back to together in one piece, enter hyperspace and vanish?? Can you imagine what their expressions were???? Holy cow! I would have loved a cut scene to the Ori ship where everyone was standing around with a "WTF???" look on their faces. hahaha

Also, what was the reaction of SGC when Teal'C came back 50 years older?? All it really showed was the cast pretty much begging him to tell them what happened.

Anyway... to the point.

Ok, so with SG-1 bringing back the ENTIRE FREAKIN' ASGARD RACE'S KNOWLEDGE Earth should be really going under some pretty major scientific changes. I hope that these changes will play a significant role in the movies. One thing I've always wished there were more of in the series was research, technological advancement and other "brainiac" stuff.

So, now we know the Odyssey can law the smack down on the Ori ships without hardly breaking a sweat. What was it? Five or 6 shots from their new weapon systems? Holy cow! (Sorry guys, I'm PUMPED!)

I am hoping that the movie begins a few months after the Unending episode in which there was a full disclosure of the Stargate program and all the new knowledge of the Asgards was shared with the rest of the planet and we cut into a whole new level of international cooperation. Have you guys seen the size of the Earth Vessels compared to the size of the other alien ships? It's TINY! Even the "Daniel Jackson" class star cruisers dwarfed Earth's ships. Hell, even the Hak'tak's dwarfed Earth's ships! Blah!

I feel so... insignificant... well, I did before Earth got those big, honkin' laser-space guns!!! hah!

At any rate, I just hope that we see some really awesome technology, multi-national organization and full-disclosure of the Stargate program. I know personally that's been one of the big things I've been waiting on for the last 10 years. Full disclosure, baby!

Best scene in the entire Stargate Series:

Kinsey: "Commander Thor"
    SCT: "Supreme Commander. O'Neil suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here today. I am reasonably certian his comments were in jest"
    Kinsey: "I'm sure they were"
    SCT: "It is the opinion of the Asgard High Council that the StarGate program stay in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team. And although our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that..." <dramatic pause> "it is preferred"....

I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahahhahahahahaahah!

Spoiler:
    It would be cool but I dont see it happening even if the this does happen in the second movie time is changed so the stargate is never found

O and welcome to the forum
    Last edited by The Great Lord Baal; 21 March 2007, 08:57 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freejack13 View Post
      Not sure who has seen Unending - but for those of you that have not STOP READING NOW!!

Ok, so... Unending... WOW! Talk about cool! Can you imagine being the Ori ship, watching your partners get blown to hell and back by an Earth Vessel, firing on the Odyssey, watching it blow up... then come back to together in one piece, enter hyperspace and vanish?? Can you imagine what their expressions were???? Holy cow! I would have loved a cut scene to the Ori ship where everyone was standing around with a "WTF???" look on their faces. hahaha

Also, what was the reaction of SGC when Teal'C came back 50 years older?? All it really showed was the cast pretty much begging him to tell them what happened.

Anyway... to the point.

Ok, so with SG-1 bringing back the ENTIRE FREAKIN' ASGARD RACE'S KNOWLEDGE Earth should be really going under some pretty major scientific changes. I hope that these changes will play a significant role in the movies. One thing I've always wished there were more of in the series was research, technological advancement and other "brainiac" stuff.

So, now we know the Odyssey can law the smack down on the Ori ships without hardly breaking a sweat. What was it? Five or 6 shots from their new weapon systems? Holy cow! (Sorry guys, I'm PUMPED!)

I am hoping that the movie begins a few months after the Unending episode in which there was a full disclosure of the Stargate program and all the new knowledge of the Asgards was shared with the rest of the planet and we cut into a whole new level of international cooperation. Have you guys seen the size of the Earth Vessels compared to the size of the other alien ships? It's TINY! Even the "Daniel Jackson" class star cruisers dwarfed Earth's ships. Hell, even the Hak'tak's dwarfed Earth's ships! Blah!

I feel so... insignificant... well, I did before Earth got those big, honkin' laser-space guns!!! hah!

At any rate, I just hope that we see some really awesome technology, multi-national organization and full-disclosure of the Stargate program. I know personally that's been one of the big things I've been waiting on for the last 10 years. Full disclosure, baby!

Best scene in the entire Stargate Series:

Kinsey: "Commander Thor"
      SCT: "Supreme Commander. O'Neil suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here today. I am reasonably certian his comments were in jest"
      Kinsey: "I'm sure they were"
      SCT: "It is the opinion of the Asgard High Council that the StarGate program stay in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team. And although our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that..." <dramatic pause> "it is preferred"....

I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahahhahahahahaahah!
      Welcome to the forum
      Id a love to see the fase of the ori warrios when that happens it would be good to see another ship with asgard tec and to see advance earth gets with the tec probley see some big change in the movie
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
        It would be cool but I dont see it happening even if the this does happen in the second movie time is changed so the stargate is never found
        O and welcome to the forum
        uhhhh spoilers??!!??!!?!?

Comment

I thought everyone new this its detail's are all over the place on this website
          o.k spoilers it is
          sigpic

Comment

Hey freejack13, welcome to the forum!!!

In fact the Ori DIDN'T see the Odyssey blow up, we saw it because we saw the time go back, and it went back until 1 minute before the Ori fired that last ray, so the explosion never happened.
            They just saw the Odyssey dodge the ray and escape to hyperspace, and we the viewers (and Teal'c) were the only ones who saw the time rewind... luckily for us!
            And I agree with you: a hell of an episode!!!
            Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
            (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
              Hey freejack13, welcome to the forum!!!

In fact the Ori DIDN'T see the Odyssey blow up, we saw it because we saw the time go back, and it went back until 1 minute before the Ori fired that last ray, so the explosion never happened.
              They just saw the Odyssey dodge the ray and escape to hyperspace, and we the viewers (and Teal'c) were the only ones who saw the time rewind... luckily for us!
              And I agree with you: a hell of an episode!!!
              Hey guys, thanks for the awesome welcome! I've been lurking the site for awhile now - what a great site!

At any rate, yea, you're right. I had forgotten that Carter was able to go back in time past the point of the time dilation field activation by "a minute or so".

Still, though, I hope we get to see the impact on Earth that the Asgard research has! Meaning, that I hope the stargate program is disclosed, knowledge shared, etc. I think that would be alot of fun to watch the Presidential speech on the stargate program! Hah!

I'd be all for a "dvd mini-series". A 6 hour or so 3 episode release that has all that good stuff in it.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the awesome welcome! I've been lurking the site for awhile now - what a great site!

At any rate, yea, you're right. I had forgotten that Carter was able to go back in time past the point of the time dilation field activation by "a minute or so".

Still, though, I hope we get to see the impact on Earth that the Asgard research has! Meaning, that I hope the stargate program is disclosed, knowledge shared, etc. I think that would be alot of fun to watch the Presidential speech on the stargate program! Hah!

I'd be all for a "dvd mini-series". A 6 hour or so 3 episode release that has all that good stuff in it.
                Welcome!

No offense, but I think public disclosure would kill the franchise.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                X