This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are they going to pull a DS9?

If you've ever watched it you probably know that it took a huge turn for the better after season 3. So now that TPTB are promising great changes, do you think they're looking to do something like that? (eg. less filler, more continuous arcs, less jokes about everything (unless they are good), and perhaps let go of "cookie cutter" episodes.)
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Going by JM's blog it certainly sounds like it!

He's been promising more continuity to the eps and a season arc, Something SGA has been missing ever since s1. Its also suppose to be a lot darker with a
    Spoiler:
    war
    arc.

Although SGA has been good in the past few seasons it hasn't been great. Its had its moments but heres hoping the future holds more than just great moments. Heres hoping its great all the time!
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

I'd like it if they did pull a DS9
      Originally posted by G.B Shaw
      Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
      Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
      Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
      You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
      Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
      One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
      You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
      www.7-scales.co.uk
      http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

So far they pulled a 'Voyager' by not be able to return to Earth for 2 Sessions.

They are going pull a ‘Daniel Jackson’ by replacing Weir with carter hopefully for one session with only few reoccurring episodes.

I hope the Produces DON'T pull an ‘Enterprise’ on the Third Show. No pre Sg-1 rubbish, or how the Alliance of 4 Great Races started off. If we want to learn things like that, a few time travelling episodes will do fine.

There’ve also pulled a ‘Sliders’ by changing and killing off a few main Characters.
        Last edited by VSHARMA; 21 March 2007, 04:04 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          If you've ever watched it you probably know that it took a huge turn for the better after season 3. So now that TPTB are promising great changes, do you think they're looking to do something like that? (eg. less filler, more continuous arcs, less jokes about everything (unless they are good), and perhaps let go of "cookie cutter" episodes.)
          I'd be surprised since the franchise has become more comedic each season for the past 3 years.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

I hope so. It looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

So far they pulled a 'Voyager' by not be able to return to Earth for 2 Sessions.

They are going pull a ‘Daniel Jackson’ by replacing Weir with carter hopefully for one session with only few reoccurring episodes.

I hope the Produces DON'T pull an ‘Enterprise’ on the Third Show. No pre Sg-1 rubbish, or how the Alliance of 4 Great Races started off. If we want to learn things like that, a few time travelling episodes will do fine.

There’ve also pulled a ‘Sliders’ by changing and killing off a few main Characters.
              No offense but I would quite like that. I would really like a series involving the 4 great races, pre goa'uld and there could be many more enemies to explore and it wouldnt have to be in our galaxy either. I would find that very entertining. I hated the sliders move, but so far IMO they have done a way better job.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                Going by JM's blog it certainly sounds like it!

He's been promising more continuity to the eps and a season arc, Something SGA has been missing ever since s1. Its also suppose to be a lot darker with a
                Spoiler:
                war
                arc.

Although SGA has been good in the past few seasons it hasn't been great. Its had its moments but heres hoping the future holds more than just great moments. Heres hoping its great all the time!
                HA! We finally disagree! I agree it has had it's great eps, and IMO good eps but I would say it has in general been great the last three years. I havent found an ep I dislike just like some more than others. I thought season 3 was much darker and from what we've seen season 4 proves to be even more so. Sounds great to me.

Comment

What I don't really get is the implication that it needs a big turnaround. I just don't get it, I think it's great as it is. They just need to stop screwing around and throwing away characters to "mix things up"

But if it COULD get better... great. I agree DS9 did get way better... so if they could, great. But I don't think you get there by massacring main characters. Gr. DS9 didn't do that. So let's not be stupid TPTB, mk?

Comment

I hope they can... (DS9 is my favourite of the Trek franchises) I did enjoy S3 of SGA much more than S2 but my hope is that they get back to the fundamentals of S1 and build on that. I'm happy to see that they're lost in space at the moment, perhaps that is a good sign of things to come. They haven't had that sense of desperation since Season 2.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                      I hope they can... (DS9 is my favourite of the Trek franchises) I did enjoy S3 of SGA much more than S2 but my hope is that they get back to the fundamentals of S1 and build on that. I'm happy to see that they're lost in space at the moment, perhaps that is a good sign of things to come. They haven't had that sense of desperation since Season 2.
                      The way I look at it is I have loved all three seasons , and IMO each season has improved over the last and I expect the same here. IMO each season got better and better and I have no doubt that season four will follow the same route.

Comment

^I agree completely!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          I completly disagree - Atlantis isnt the same as SG1, infact I see them as two completly different situations

Atlantis - Humans feel OBLIGATED to carry on fighting the Wraith, so they go through the gate and do their thing. We could easily take the ZPMS bk and fly it to Earth, then hand out ZPMs again.

SG1 - Its our own planet were protecting most the time. We don't get the choice of leaving - were there and thats that.

Atlantis an expedition, its not about five characters like SG1, its about over 200 people at Atlantis. Otherwise it would of been called Stargate: Atlantis 1 -
                          thats why we see Mckays relationship
                          Why we see numerous scientists

Not just the same people over and over. Its about a community and their feelings of obligation to Pegasus humans.

Thats my take anyway.
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I wanna pull a sickie

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I think it will definitely get better in S4, but I've had no complaints with any of it so far, it's all been great.

Spoiler:
                              I do like that they've started to bring in the SGC style uniforms for the main characters at least, so there'll be some more continuity with SG-1. I've always preferred the SG-1 uniforms anyway. Though I never got why they all have flags for their respective countries (the military at least) and not the Pegasus Mission patch like the Daedalus and Apollo crews.

Unlike DS9 though they won't have Ron D. Moore making the changes, but I would like to see what he'd do if he had the chance to right and direct an episode or two.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X