X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis on it's own

BEWARE SPOLIERS...

Lots of people are speculating Weir being killed off, and Carter taking over, and the series diving off into a completely horrible scifi abomination.

I don't think so, on the other hand.

Atlantis has the potential to last for many more seasons; perhaps to 7, or 8; and then there's the yet undetermined third series, so who knows.

Now that Atlantis is "alone", I feel the writers can do much better on Atlantis (which would be hard, as I think they've done AMAZING so far).

Weir won't be killed off; simply reduced. She won't be in every episode, allowing the team to do more off world things, and Carter's coming on for God knows what -- but only 14 shows! So maybe in season 5, Weir will come back? After all, she probably needs time to recover from that friggin' energy beam. She'll stick around...

Plus, they've now added elements of the airforce and IOA into Atlantis, opening more Earth based plots; and there's still more of the city to explore, the Genii to deal with, and the Wraith!

No, Atlantis won't end. It seems the first three seasons were just build up, with no direction. Now that there's so much plot and ideas to feed off of, I think Atlantis will sky rocket into its best seasons yet.

My only concern was that they killed off Beckett. Bad move, writers.

Anyone else agree?

I agree
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I doubt she’ll get killed of. Just do a ‘Daniel Jackson' what he did in SG-1
      Session 5. Disappear then show up once or twice in that session

She’ll be back for session 5 I think. I hope no no..............I pray.

She better be back...........................or I’m switching off

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        I doubt she’ll get killed of. Just do a ‘Daniel Jackson' what he did in SG-1
        Session 5. Disappear then show up once or twice in that session

She’ll be back for session 5 I think. I hope no no..............I pray.

She better be back...........................or I’m switching off
        I think that they will all be on the show.
        Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

I'm just afraid that it's going to be a military person running Atlantis.

Militarizing Atlantis would be a terrible idea. If you take the example of Seaquest, it started out with a more civilian/scientific focus. By season 3 it become military focussed and did not prove popular with fans (canned after 13 eps)

of course it could be argued that the same thing was done with Atlantis, taking a military focussed show and making a civilian focussed spin off. Personally, I like that there is a civilian in charge.
          The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Clement View Post
            BEWARE SPOLIERS...

Lots of people are speculating Weir being killed off, and Carter taking over, and the series diving off into a completely horrible scifi abomination.

Atlantis has the potential to last for many more seasons; perhaps to 7, or 8; and then there's the yet undetermined third series, so who knows.

Now that Atlantis is "alone", I feel the writers can do much better on Atlantis (which would be hard, as I think they've done AMAZING so far).

Weir won't be killed off; simply reduced. She won't be in every episode, allowing the team to do more off world things, and Carter's coming on for God knows what -- but only 14 shows! So maybe in season 5, Weir will come back? After all, she probably needs time to recover from that friggin' energy beam. She'll stick around...

Plus, they've now added elements of the airforce and IOA into Atlantis, opening more Earth based plots; and there's still more of the city to explore, the Genii to deal with, and the Wraith!

No, Atlantis won't end. It seems the first three seasons were just build up, with no direction. Now that there's so much plot and ideas to feed off of, I think Atlantis will sky rocket into its best seasons yet.

Anyone else agree?
            I totally agree with you. I can see that happening too. I don't see how Weir can go from being a main part of the story to be a reccuring character and being killed off or replaced. So no I totally agree with you.
            Sheppard/Weir Forever

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
              I'm just afraid that it's going to be a military person running Atlantis.

Militarizing Atlantis would be a terrible idea. If you take the example of Seaquest, it started out with a more civilian/scientific focus. By season 3 it become military focussed and did not prove popular with fans (canned after 13 eps)

of course it could be argued that the same thing was done with Atlantis, taking a military focussed show and making a civilian focussed spin off. Personally, I like that there is a civilian in charge.
              I really doubt that will happen. I can't see them going that route.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have enjoyed the first three seasons so far and I think that S4 is going to be great.

IMO I think that Atlantis
                Spoiler:
                will be militarized for a short time just because of the predicament that they left themselves in, in the finale. I also think that once Weir gets back on her feet she will once again take over.
                sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                &
                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                  I have enjoyed the first three seasons so far and I think that S4 is going to be great.

IMO I think that Atlantis
                  Spoiler:
                  will be militarized for a short time just because of the predicament that they left themselves in, in the finale. I also think that once Weir gets back on her feet she will once again take over.
                  I agree. That sounds possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I agree. That sounds possible.
                    It's definitely possible. I just hope that's what TPTB do with it. Personally, I really like Weir. I'd hate it if she was permanently reduced on the show. It's bad enough with Beckett gone.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      It's definitely possible. I just hope that's what TPTB do with it. Personally, I really like Weir. I'd hate it if she was permanently reduced on the show. It's bad enough with Beckett gone.
                      I like Weir too and hope thats not the case but if it is I can live with it if done well.

Comment

BEWARE SPOLIERS...

Anyone else agree?
                        Couldn't have said it better myself, i totally agree.

Comment

Woot, I'm not the only one. Another thought occured to me with the militarization issue; perhaps it's an overall season 4 plot, which could be why Weir is being reduced, and once it's straightened out, she could come back as a civilian leader. The struggle for control of Atlantis could open lots of really good story lines, both on Earth/Earth relations, and Pegasus relations, as the military may make haste decisions...

Spoiler:
                          (Like the last episode of season 3...never piss off the Asurans).

Comment

BEWARE SPOLIERS...

Anyone else agree?
                            agree.

i love both atlantis and sg1. i am disappointed that sg-1 has ended and will continue to watch atlantis. i dont know why they killed beckett off. we are trying to get him back.
                            i dont think carter will be taking over either. as you have said weir will need to recover after that energy beam.
                            Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                            sigpic
                            sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Team SG-1*save the show* View Post
                              agree.

i love both atlantis and sg1. i am disappointed that sg-1 has ended and will continue to watch atlantis. i dont know why they killed beckett off. we are trying to get him back.
                              i dont think carter will be taking over either. as you have said weir will need to recover after that energy beam.
                              Also, if the military really will fight for control of Atlantis, or takes control, she'll need to be on Earth pleading her case!...perhaps some O'Neill scenes?

Whistful thinking. But still. She can't be on Atlantis if the military takes over, she'll be on Earth recovering and fighting for her rights.

Comment

Working...
                              X