Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why still call the ancients "the ancients"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why still call the ancients "the ancients"?

This has kind of bugged me for a while now. Both SG-1 and Atlantis know the true names of the "ancients". Obviously it was an arbitrary term in reference to a race which had no name. They have a name now; whether in SG-1 with the Alterans or Atlantis with the Lanteans, why do the writers constantly still reference them as the "ancients"? I've been watching both shows since they started, and hearing the "ancients" to me is like nails on a chalkboard at this point. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Originally posted by Congerking View Post
    This has kind of bugged me for a while now. Both SG-1 and Atlantis know the true names of the "ancients". Obviously it was an arbitrary term in reference to a race which had no name. They have a name now; whether in SG-1 with the Alterans or Atlantis with the Lanteans, why do the writers constantly still reference them as the "ancients"? I've been watching both shows since they started, and hearing the "ancients" to me is like nails on a chalkboard at this point. Am I the only one that feels this way?
    Well, it is the name of their 'race'. In The Fifth Race, the Asgards called them the Ancients. So why stop using it?

Comment

Working...
    X