This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Home world

I was woundering are the ancients nomadic then or do they have a home world. I mean an alien race as advanced as the ancients are meant to be i think would have a home world or is that stupid or not reall a point. I mean some would say that the wraith could find it but whos to say the ancients cant cloak or displace an entire planet (aka andromeda episode). What are your views, also the technology ive seen of the ancients aint that impresive i mean the asguard seem to have better weaponry and teleporters if anyone knows otherwise please correct me. The 9th shevron could that lead them back to the homeworld i know it sounds silly but the amount of power needed etc would be great i dunno any toughts feel free to rip it apart.

Chears

In SG1 I got the impression that the "Lost City" was where the Ancients came from, but now we know that isn't the case. That does create possible future story arcs on where they did come from.

Same with the Wraith. They have huge hive ships and we know the Ancients stumbled across them on another world, but just where is that world? One would think the Ancients would leave a warning or two on their Gate addy list so others wouldn't go there.

Agree on the lack of Ancient technology shown. The Asgard have teleporters, the Gou'ald have rings. . what did the Ancients use? Those puddlejumpers just aren't gonna cut it. Weir has mentioned that they are going to use Ancient technology to help other races fight the Wraith - the writers need to show us just what has been found.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'm a rather big supporter of the Ancients evolving on earth from primates.

I'm sure they'll argue with some illogical points, but that doesn't matter.

Comment

I think Ancients home world is not Earth. And it is definitely not in Pegasus. Either it is destroyed or SG-1 just hasn't stumble across it.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Originally posted by 220683
          I think Ancients home world is not Earth. And it is definitely not in Pegasus. Either it is destroyed or SG-1 just hasn't stumble across it.
          And what evidence do you have? Any and all evidence points to the Ancients evolving on Earth. The fact that some modern day humans and the Ancients have a similar genetic mutation could in no way be just by coincidence.

We might be a few steps down the evolutionary ladder from them, but we are in essence their kin.

Comment

Has any thought, they are us. The Ancients are the next step in our evolutionary process.

*thinking*

Well, maybe not the next step maybe two or three steps up.

Comment

Thanks guys for that i was thinking aswell that like someone said is that in SG1 humans are a lower form of ancient prehaps that was the ancient way to try and perserve their kind by i dunno changing their gnetic structure i dunno maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus
                Thanks guys for that i was thinking aswell that like someone said is that in SG1 humans are a lower form of ancient prehaps that was the ancient way to try and perserve their kind by i dunno changing their gnetic structure i dunno maybe?
                Something like that. Regardless, their plan worked, and mankind was preserved.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  In SG1 I got the impression that the "Lost City" was where the Ancients came from, but now we know that isn't the case. That does create possible future story arcs on where they did come from.
                  Well, In season 6 Jonas said that the city was "going to be the crown jewel of their empire" and that it "was never finished" So we've known since then that it was a 'new' city.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                    Well, In season 6 Jonas said that the city was "going to be the crown jewel of their empire" and that it "was never finished" So we've known since then that it was a 'new' city.
                    Maybe their home world is where ever the city is. Now, it is in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

i beg to differ on the asguard having better weapons (there weapons on their ships can be stopped be the sheilds of some gho'uld ships), yet the ancient jellyfish's of doom can apparently go through any sheild. But with a race that big, why have a homeworld, when you can just pack up your whole civilization in flying cities. I think they wouldn't have much use for any planet after the reasources have been depleted. as for teleporters, i am not really sure, but why need teleporters when you can jus gate to another world.

Comment

and not to mention that the antartic gate far pre-dated any gate in our galaxy. Now why the hell would they need a gate that is possibly millions of years older than all the other ones, what did they use it as a show piece, probably not. my guess is it gaterd to the previous galaxy that they inhabited, possibly even thier home galaxy/homeworld.

Comment

Hiya!

Ok ok ok.. I was reading this and SUDDENLY I remembered something yes thats right this lack of Alchol in my blood may actually be a good thing.

In Lost City part 2 Sam says to Daniel "Well the Crnl must have figgered that there's a set of rings down there somewhere"

Now I know that you dont need 2 sets of rings to gate down to a place, but.. hey wha do I know.

Ok.. the more I type this the more I think "Sy your talking a load of dogs balls" so... hummz, I dunno dudes, check it out fast forward ur dvd's to the cool sceen of X302s vs Gliders... Awsome moment.

Sy~
                          A lady came up to me on the street and pointed to my sued jacket...
                          "You know a cow was murdered for that jacket?" She sneered. I replied in a psychotic tone...
                          "I diddnt know there were any witnesses. Now I'll have to kill you to!"

Sy~

Comment

Originally posted by Sy~
                            Now I know that you dont need 2 sets of rings to gate down to a place, but.. hey wha do I know.
                            One set won't work over that great a distance.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                              And what evidence do you have? Any and all evidence points to the Ancients evolving on Earth. The fact that some modern day humans and the Ancients have a similar genetic mutation could in no way be just by coincidence.

We might be a few steps down the evolutionary ladder from them, but we are in essence their kin.
                              I never said we are not similar to Ancients, but that really has nothing to do with wether or not Earth is their homeworld. For all we know, Earth could just be the first few planet they seeded.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Working...
                              X