This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Episode Downloads from Amazon.com

I noticed on the link to the Episode list that you can download from itunes AND Amazon.com. Has anyone tried Amazon.com before? They seem to have a proprietary file format called "unbox." Does anyone know if this is actually a standard format like MPEG-2?
    sigpic

I've never used it, but NO - this is not a really standard format. My guess is it's windows media as you MUST have a windows PC to use it.

The files are drm laiden/crippled/enhanced whatever. I haven't used unbox, but I've heard a few complaints about download times.

Seems like it has a decent library, and you can connect unbox service to your tivo and watch things there, but still...I'd say wait for the DVD's...

You won't be able to do anything besides watch them on your tivo/pc. There may be a way to watch it on a zune or similar ms friendly mobile device.
    Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Comment

Ok, I'm reopening this thread because I have dealt with the Unbox yesterday..

I know it's been a complaint that you can't dl eps when you're not in the US.

I bought TMC yesterday to watch it again and this is what happened: I am from Germany currently living in the US. They would not let me buy the ep with my German Amazon account (that works fine here, have used it a million times) because "it is not available for this region". So I just opened a new account and put my US credit card as a payment method on there. It worked without problems. So now I think that it may be a possibility that Amazon doesn't use your IP to determine where you are, but your amazon account that has to have a billing address in the US. So if I just keep that account, I wonder if it would work when I'm back in Germany...
      Can anyone say anything about that?

BTW, I thought it was great. In less than 3 minutes, it was ready to watch and it was good quality...
      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Working...
      X