This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek

Is this show star trek? Seems to be getting way way out there... specially with home episode and the vamps... When are the borg going to invade?

I think you meant to say "Is this show Star Trek: Voyager?" There have been 5 Star Trek shows todate so you need to be specific

And no, it's not Voyager (at least not yet). Unlike Voyager it's not about getting home. Sure, they wouldn't mind being able to travel freely back and forth but getting back home is purely secondary at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Visno
      Is this show star trek? Seems to be getting way way out there... specially with home episode and the vamps... When are the borg going to invade?
      No. there's a big circle, with blinky lights and a blue puddly thing.

Stop comparing it to Trek! <rips hair out>
      sigpic

Comment

In SGA, Star Trek is what you watch on TV. Beckett's dislike of Gate travel, the "cling-on" reference, McKay calling Jinto's closet a transporter. Those are the kind of cultural references anyone watching SGA would know. I think it's kind of fun.

The Atlantis expedition doesn't want to get home just to get home. Unlike the Voyager crew, they knew it could possibly be one way. They want to get home so they can share the technological finds of the Pegasus galaxy, and to get support for the Humans in Pegasus to fight the Wraith.

And what do vampires have to do with Star Trek, expect maybe for that Original Trek episode with the salt creature? Vampires are a Buffy/Angel reference. Oh, wait, there's that DS9 ep with the creature who was Jake's muse, but she was just trying to suck the lifeforce out of him. Aliens that drain lifeforces are just part of the scifi world in general.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

isn't there already a thread on this?

Comment

Many. I think because to some people any science fiction television show is seen through the color of Star Trek. I don't see much in common between the shows.

And less in common between Atlantis and Voyager than most comparisons people make.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
              Vampires are a Buffy/Angel reference.
              I think you'll find that the idea of Vampires existed long before Josh Whedon was using them.

Comment

See my sig...
                Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

I love your sig.

Comment

I´ve always gotten a Star Trek feeling from tge stargate series, they have much the same moral message and tend to resolve things in a similar way.

Now I´m not saying that there are direct comparisons between the shows, just the feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I love your sig.
                      There is always going to be similarities between science fiction shows. So why dwell on how the shows are the same when what makes them different matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                        I think you'll find that the idea of Vampires existed long before Josh Whedon was using them.
                        Ha, ha! Yes, of course. I was just citing the most recent fan phenomena.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                        X