This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i think about starbuck .spoilers for Maelstrom on

I've already posted my theory about how the "phantom raider" that SB saw was real, but my real evidence is this:

On the EP "The Son Also Rises" (the next episode after Malestrom) the life-count is 41,399...Compare this to the the opening of Malestrom which is 41,400...

If you've seen "The Son Also Rises" then you'll know that before the intro music/life-count the laywer for Baltar gets killed in a bomb attack. He was confirmed "gone" before the intro music and life-count were shown.

Clearly that one loss of life shown in the count was attributed to the lawyers death and not Starbucks.

Whatcha all think...?
    SO SAY WE ALL
    sigpic

you forget that people are most likly giving birth as well

they are trying to continue the survivle of the human race and you can do that without having babys

Comment

Or maybe the writers have better things to do than give us some "real" death toll, when it really only matters to people who concern themselves with speculating so much.
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
        Or maybe the writers have better things to do than give us some "real" death toll, when it really only matters to people who concern themselves with speculating so much.
        Yeah, because they keep changing it every week arbitrarily?

Because that figure was raised as the most important fact of humanity in Baltar's trial, perhaps?

Dismiss all you want, DaDornta's point is interesting and accurate (I had noticed the number change, only because it went from a 00 to 99, but hadn't thought about the lawyer)... A lot moreso than your dismissal which is clearly wrong.

They have better things to do than change their opening sequence each week to reflect a different number... They do it anyway. This was an observation of a change of 1 numeral in an episode where we allegedly see 2 people die.

You seem to think they'd only do it for us speculating. I suggest they do it anyway as a matter of knowing their series and they include that information for the fans. I mean, if you want to start talking about details they could leave out, I suppose we could. But then who's wasting time?

Good catch

Comment

The -1 is most likely refering to Kara's death, next week they'll have another -1 for whoever died the previous ep.

Comment

Yup, the "one" must have been Kara. The count seems to me to be surprisingly accurate and consistent. I think count is the net sum since the end of the previous episode. Deaths in the pre-title action aren't accounted for in the count until the next episode.

But who knows for sure ?

Comment

It held, didn't it? I believe the figure held position this week. I could be misremembering though.

Comment

RDM and associates said in the commentary on either the 1st or 2nd season DVD (yeah I actually watched an EP with the commentary on) that:

"The mumbers are important, watch them each week to see how they change--because they WILL change."

I have been now, and every time an "incident" happends in the opening scenes--it is reflected in the NEW "life-count" durring the opening sequence.

The fact is that in between Malestrom and The Son Also Rises two people we the viewer know about "died"...Kara Thrace and Baltar's original lawyer.

Can't have a one digit diffrence when TWO people expire...

SO SAY WE ALL
                sigpic

Comment

So say we all.

Comment

Originally posted by Marauder359 View Post
                    So say we all.
                    I got your six anytime the Cylons head your way my friend!

May the Lords of Kobol bless us all!
                    SO SAY WE ALL
                    sigpic

Comment

Well....after Crossroads Pt 2 I guess the death count was right...Starbuck is alive!

(had to pat myself on my back for paying attention and noticing somthing) hahah
                      SO SAY WE ALL
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X