This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do puddle jumpers have shields?

Do puddle jumpers have shields or are they just armoured?
    Last edited by Xenan; 13 September 2004, 12:04 AM.
    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

No shields.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      No shields.
      maybe they do and we just don't know about them yet
      Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
      Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
      Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
      Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

I guess it depends on what they were going to be used for.

If the ancients were using them for basically a flying car, I'd say no (although the weapons system doesn't make all that much sense then either, unless it's some kind of navigational device, IE 'blow up that hunk of space junk floating towards whatever')

If they were moble troop transport, arial attack craft, like alot of the SGA missions are using them as, then yeah, i'd guess they would...

DANIEL (sarcastically): "Oh, could you? I mean, uh, go slow."

Comment

Why wouldn't they have a shield?

They can cloak sure, but if they have weapons they should have a shield too..

Perhaps Sheperd just never thought about turning it on.

Comment

Well the city has shields and they have personal shields, why wouldn't a puddle jumper have shields than?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenan
              Do puddle jumpers have shields or are they just armoured?
              Why wouldn't they? They must have shields; if they have cloaks and weapons, they probably have shields. Just my guess. Why have two defensive/offensive devices without shields?

Comment

I've seen no evidence of shields, and to tell you the truth, it bothers me. They knew they woke up a deadly enemy. Why wouldn't they have gotten around to installing shields?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                  I've seen no evidence of shields, and to tell you the truth, it bothers me. They knew they woke up a deadly enemy. Why wouldn't they have gotten around to installing shields?
                  <shrug>

In any case, McKay would have told us if they had shields. Surely he, or one of the other engineers, has gone over them with a fine tooth comb.
                  sigpic

Comment

But they haven't gone over it completely, it took him several eps to find out about the sunroof

Comment

But they haven't gone over it completely, it took him several eps to find out about the sunroof
                      That's different. That's a command they found in the PJ's database.

A shield would have a generator.
                      sigpic

Comment

But I am sure Sheppard thought about shields when they were taking fire from the wraiths, and apparantly that's all he has to do!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

They took a direct hit or two from the Wraith dart. Those energy blasts can leave a nasty imprint (notice back when the Wraith raided the Athosian homeworld).
                          I also noticed the Wraith's rifle fire jolted the PJ pretty roughly for such a weaker weapon than that of the dart.

Conclusion, Who knows, but I guess they don't possess one. You'd think an advanced race could fit one in somewhere, with space being so dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                            Why wouldn't they? They must have shields; if they have cloaks and weapons, they probably have shields. Just my guess. Why have two defensive/offensive devices without shields?
                            Agreed. If they have weapons they most likely have shields.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                              Maybe the armour is better than shields. We expect shields just because, but since we don't know anything about other Ancient vessels it's possible that they never bothered with ship shields because the defences were all integrated into the hull. Perhaps if you make a ship out of reinforced plotnium, you don't need a shield; you have an equally effective, 'always on' defence. Cities and people, on the other hand, don't have a solid plotnium exterior.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X