Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's looking forward to Carter coming to Atlantis and Weir leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's looking forward to Carter coming to Atlantis and Weir leaving?

I am! Since I like Carter. I don't like Weir that much, she dóes make bad decisions in my opinion. Ultimately Caldwell would be a great leader I think, but since he's commanding the Daedalus..

I think the teamdynamics will get better, I mean, look at Pegasus Project. I like Carter, I like McKay, and I love every moment those two shared.

I'm looking forward to having Sam on Atlantis but not to Weir leaving.

I hope to see lots of them both next season.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Mirel View Post
      I am! Since I like Carter. I don't like Weir that much, she dóes make bad decisions in my opinion. Ultimately Caldwell would be a great leader I think, but since he's commanding the Daedalus..

I think the teamdynamics will get better, I mean, look at Pegasus Project. I like Carter, I like McKay, and I love every moment those two shared.
      well, I'm not looking forward to it. And what makes you thing Carter could do better than Weir? No, I'm not looking forward to weir leaving and Carter replacing her (since that is what you are suggesting)
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        well, I'm not looking forward to it. And what makes you thing Carter could do better than Weir? No, I'm not looking forward to weir leaving and Carter replacing her (since that is what you are suggesting)
        I don't mean replacing here like the leader of Atlantis.

Comment

I am looking forward to Carter coming along as I think she will create a good new dynamic

As for Weir leaving, not so happy.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Yes I'm a fan of Carter for many reasons but I've never been a fan of Weir so I'm not sorry to see her role reduced or leave all together so I say bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
              I am looking forward to Carter coming along as I think she will create a good new dynamic

As for Weir leaving, not so happy.
              Same. I'll miss weir but if done right I might be okay with it.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm not. Sorry.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not looking forward to Carter's arrival even though I liked her on SG1. I'm waiting to see how it will affect SGA, have a bad feeling about it though I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
                  Weir was never my favourite character. Can't say I'll miss her but I'm not in a hurry to see her go.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I don't mean replacing here like the leader of Atlantis.
                    Well, I'm not looking forward to it. I'll wait and see how it turns out, but I'd rather much have the SGA cast remain the same, especially since PM was kicked out.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

It'll probably turn out that she doesn't leave at all! They all but have the 1st half written, JM posted in his blog a couple of weeks ago that they don't have a set amount of eps for her, while she'll be in a major S4 arc.

So I think she'll be about for the whole season, just not in as many eps, perhaps like Zelenka, Lorne etc, or Landry, Hammond etc on SG-1.

Caldwell & MP would be a great addition to Atlantis. I really think they screwed up by not giving him a full time role on the show.

While I can't wait for Carter to come so that she can start getting results from the Atlantis database, something which McKay hasn't had much success with. Not to mention the fact of she brings the Asgard tech along with her!

Comment

Bah! They turn him into an idiot when she's around. I hate it.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think atlantis is fine as it is and im looking forward to seeing more of the new doctor shes hot, i think carter will ruin it and think shes better than mckay which she aint so no, but i dont like weir so....

Comment

Although this topic has been beaten to death on this board, my vote is:

Not happy that they're reducing Weir
                            Not happy that Carter is coming over

I don't believe Carter will add anything to SGA, and that part of it is nothing more than a marketing strategy to lure die-hard SG1-only fans over to SGA (well, TPTB have admitted that anyway).

Comment

Well again...this topic has been spoken of in great detail...but it's important to remember they are completely separate. Even if Carter is put in charge of the expedition, they are separate issues because the Weir and Carter decisions were made independently of each other.

That being said, I love Carter and am excited that she'll be headed to Atlantis. I think she has a lot to contribute as a character and the stories and team will benefit by her presence.

I like Weir but never fully warmed to her. I think she has potential but it was potential that was never fully explored and for whatever reason, never really will be it seems.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                              X