• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of Us (316)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    ONE OF US
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316

Jack is reunited with the survivors on the beach, who are shocked to see that he has brought one of the Others back with him. Juliet tries to make new friends by saving Claire's life when she falls deathly ill.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:01 PM.

Good episode, figured Juliet was a plant of some kind, guess we'll find out in a Lost week.

Comment

I missed what that guy said that caused Juliet to drink the orange juice--does anybody know what he said?

So Ben strongly objects to being called a liar--he must have changed his mind when he decided to infiltrate the castaways....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

The guy told her that it is a tranquilliser and as she hesitated, he recapped on all the changes she was making already and what she had achieved with her sister and what more she could achieve.

Excellent episode. I was glued to my eat. Unlike many eps, it wasn't sparse and actually answered some questions.

Comment

I didn't miss what they said to get Juliet to drink... but I can't remember, lol.

I am, of course, doing a little "I told you so" dance, as I knew she wasn't being at all truthful, anyone else want ot join me? Of course, since she desperately wants to get off the island and Ben is the only one at all likely to be able to help her, I can completely understand her going along with what he asks.

I thought it was hilarious when she pointed out how ironic (or words to that effect) it was that Sayid the Republican Guard torturer and Sawyer the con man/murderer had somehow become the morality police for the survivors. lol... the boys didn't have much of a response to that, did they?

So, Claire has an implant that can make her sick whenever the Others want? That's interesting... frightening, but interesting. What does all this mean for Sun? If women other than Claire haven't been able to deliver children then how did Rousseau have Alex? And is Ben really Alex's biological father, or not?

Is anyone else as horrified as I am that the Others kept bringing pregnant women to the island (or impregnating their own women) so they could experiment on them even though they knew the most likely outcome was death for both?!

The one really surprising thing this ep was that Juliet was involved with Goodwin (that was the name of the Other that Ana Lucia impaled, right?) and not with Ben. I always thought that her issues with Ben came froma relationship gone wrong or something like that. I wonder what her reaction to his deathw as, they don't show that at all.

Comment

I hated Juliet, then I felt sorry for her, then I cried with her, then I hated her. . .no, liked her. . .no, oh whatever. If nothing else, she has become one of the more fascinating characters.

Question is, in one week, is she going to go ahead with Ben's plan (which I think has to do with Sun), or is she going to care too much for Jack?

Wish Mikhail hadn't been killed as he seems like he could have been quite interesting.

As for the orange juice/tranquilizer. If Juliet was in Florida, and the island is in the south Pacific, then did they keep her tied up and drugged for several days?

Last but not least, when Juliet was explaining that Ethan acted on his own when he took Claire, why didn't anyone mention him hanging Charlie? No one asks the right questions. I just wanna shake them sometimes!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I thought Juliet was in California and they took her to their base in Seattle because the island was "off the coast of Seattle" (yeah, by just a bit!). That still doesn't answer how long the trip is or how they kept her drugged the whole time, though, does it?

More questions than answers, dangit!

Comment

As for the orange juice/tranquilizer. If Juliet was in Florida, and the island is in the south Pacific, then did they keep her tied up and drugged for several days?
                Well I think she's been drugged not to know the exact location of the island. Being tied up just seemed to be nothing more than having her wake up and hurt herself or fall out of the bunk as it was supposed to be a fairly rough visit.

Overall a very enjoyable episode. Although I expected a hidden motive to rear it's head, I actually thought at first Juliette was actualy leaning towards joining the Survivors before the whole revealation scene.

Lost much be an actors dream, because no matter if you die, you always have a role to play. I was disappointed to see Juliette with Goodwin. I had hoped to see Ethan as it could have added this dynamic with her hating the Survivors if were responsible for killing the person she loved, an element which can no longer happen as it was the tail section and only Bernard is left.

If women other than Claire haven't been able to deliver children then how did Rousseau have Alex? And is Ben really Alex's biological father, or not?
                Danielle was pregnant when she arrived on the island. So it's not Ben's and I think she admitted killing the father.

--

The episode satisfied my questions about why they were kidnapping people, especially the children but it also opens the question, why can't they have kids?

I'm starting to think that Sun may be the Other's "Holy Grail" so to speak. I don't doubt that's who Juliette is after, because if she became pregnant on the ssland then that's something the Others will be greatly interested in. Even if she didn't, they could still monitor the childs development and such, but it doesn't really explain much and leaves more questions.

Why did Claire and Danielle turn out fine. Why isn't Sun sick, all came from the outside, so what happened on the island to make all the women sick. It had to be something recent if Ben was there all his life (and presumably born there) and there is this so called disease floating about which no one has seemed to get yet. Answers, but a lot more questions.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  The episode satisfied my questions about why they were kidnapping people, especially the children but it also opens the question, why can't they have kids?
                  I think Juliet had a good theory: it has to do with the healing properties of the Island. The immune system gets kicked into overdrive, sees a pregnancy as a parasitic infection, and terminates it. As to why the healing doesn't work for everyone, and seems to be failing now, I theorize it has something to do with the Swan Station. The Dharma folks were mucking around with the Island's geomagnetic field, and they did something to mess it up. Maybe before Dharma showed up, no one on the Island aged or died...might be why there was a war between Dharma and the Others.

What I want to know is why Juliet is still working for Ben. What could he possibly have to offer her now? Did he tell her there's another way off the Island? Is there really, or is he lying? We know he's a tremendous liar when it serves his purposes (anyone want to bet Juliet's sister's cancer never came back?), and if Juliet was willing to have Ben killed she must have known that. Could she possibly still believe him? Or does he maybe have something over her he's using?
                  Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                  I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                  What have these years left to me?
                  Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

The improved healing powers of the island is a possibility. It's very possible the body is considering the fetus to be cancerous. A growth, that "uncontrollably divides" and it spreads using the umbilical cord to survive by using the mother to absorb nuetriants, oxygen and such.

The anti-cancer field (for lack of a better word) could be mistaking it as cancer and trying to kill it, while Ben's tumour was just a malignant tumour, which only real danger was where it's located.

If it was just something on the Island, then they could easily have went to Hydra but since they either never thought of that or it didn't work, it's got to be something bigger.

The episode also explained why Rose has no cancer, and it also explained that she could leave and still be cured.

sigpic

Comment

Great episode

I kind of assumed there was more going on with Juliet than had been revealed, however I did not expect the matter of fact way they showed she was a plant at the end, very unusual for the show which leaves me wondering...

My guess is that the others don't know about Sun's pregnancy and through this and the fact that she is not sick they will find out that Juliet is lying. Thought, again, that might be too obvious to be true

Comment

Hm intressting episode but i was not expectning they to show she was a plant at the end. Seems many can do anything to get off the island or to get what they want like michael and locke.

Comment

Brillant episode! love the way Julliet's character has so much depth. I think a person will do just about anything to get off that island. even when the end result is that you dont get off the island...folks keep trying their damnest to do so. and just how did they switch on the chip inside Claire that made her sick? was it some kind of delayed response implant? hmmmmm.

Comment

I loved this ep!

I knew from the start that Claire's "symptoms" were suspect. The timing was a little too good.

So, is Juliette there to spy on the Lostie ladies, to check for pregancies conceived "in the wild" as it were, or is she there for other reasons? Is Kate pregnant with Sawyer's kid, or is she a controlled experiment, impregnated in the lab in Otherville?

I like your theories about the island attacking a fetus as a parasite, and Juliette seemed to think that the problem started at conception, which leads me to believe that the island recognizes a fetus that has already gotten a start and established itself in the womb, as in the cases of Danielle and Claire, while any conceived on the island are ultimately destroyed along with their mothers.

However, I think Ben was conceived and born on the island, and now, after all these years, Sun's and Jin's may be the next special baby, one that was conceived on the island(Sun's romantic indiscretion is just a red herring, IMO). Maybe the island healed Jin's infertility, but their baby will be normal and as prone to illness as Ben turns out to be (much to Ben's consternation.)

But what part does Jacob play in all this? When he was a captive of the Losties, Ben said that his leader was wise but not forgiving of mistakes. Is Jacob angry with Ben over his apparent inability to fix things on the island? Juliette seems to think Jacob gave her sister back her health. Did Jacob take away Ben's?

Is that what Ben is holding over Juliette's head, the threat that if she doesn't continue to help him, then Jacob will let her sister get sick again?

So many possibilities!
                            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

gee juliette had me there for a sec .. I really started to believe she was left behind .. first I didn't but now I was starting to ... wonder if she is really gonna do it whatever she is planning to do in the end

Comment

Working...
                              X