• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man From Tallahassee (313)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    THE MAN FROM TALLAHASSEE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313

As Kate and Sayid attempt to rescue Jack from the Others, Locke pays a visit to Ben in the hopes of finding their submarine. But the seemingly helpless Ben has an agenda of his own.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:02 PM.

:jawdrop :jawdrop :jawdrop

amazing.

Comment

How many people knew what was going to be behind the door? It was still quite shocking!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
        How many people knew what was going to be behind the door? It was still quite shocking!
        I was honestly hoping for one of those big hamsters running on a wheel, but given the conversation and what Ben said, I did somewhat expect it.

--

I have a theory. We know that everything in Lost is all somehow connected. Everyone is connected to someone else one way or another, so what are the chances of Locke's father being the original Sawyer? He did say that he's been a conman for a long time.

--

Overall I really enjoyed this episode, and seeing how Locke was put in that wheelchair was the best thing the show's did in a while. It was unexpected and looked great.

I am a bit disappointed there was nothing seen about the others at the camp and that the show took an unwelcomed U-turn back to Jack being captured and such. I would have enjoyed an episode or two extra with the other Losties before going back to Jack.

I am also glad to see how Danielle was finally able to see Alex, and that for once someone actually mentioned Danielle to Alex. That for me was annoying, that one person couldn't actually bring it up. I look forward to seeing how they get involved together.

sigpic

Comment

Three words: OH MY GOD!!!

I thought they wouldn't show us what Locke saw behind the door.

And I'm even more surprised what he saw, i.e. who was there. So people really can make up things, and they happen. Jack's father, who I thought was just post-traumatic stress. Kate's horse, which I thought was from Patchy's farm. Sayid's cat, which I thought just looked very similar to an island cat. Probably a couple of more examples.

TPTB had already spoiled that this would be the ep where the audience learns why Locke was in the wheelchair. I was expecting a lame car accident, but I loved the option in this episode.

Ben - great! He really is a power-hungy maniac. And we learned that your health status very likely IS linked to your behaviour on the island.

Season 3 is shaping up real nicely. I am soooooo not giving up on the show.

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I have a theory. We know that everything in Lost is all somehow connected. Everyone is connected to someone else one way or another, so what are the chances of Locke's father being the original Sawyer? He did say that he's been a conman for a long time.
          See what Ask Ausiello had to say about this possible connection after last season's "Lockdown" aired here.
          No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
          (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I was thinking Locke's paralysis would be psychosomatic. . .I was wrong. *LOL*

Anyone else thinking Cooper has been on the island all along, and when Ben said, "Get the man from Tallahassee" it was some sort of code? Locke did say something about a code, but Ben denied it, but Alex told Locke that Ben loved to manipulate people.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I assumed Locke's dad was 'the man from tallahassee'.
              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Ben really is a monster. An evil monster.

I suppose next week it's back to the beach and we won't see anything from Ben's camp....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                  I didn't expect that.

I thought it was an awesome episode, one of the the best episodes of the season (within the top 2). I give it a ****.
                  sigpic

Comment

Loved this episode. Probably my favorite scene being the one between Jack and Kate in the rec room.

Man, Locke's father is a real you-know-what.

***1/2 from me.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Good episode, but Jack simply planning to escape then send for help ruined it for me - I was hoping for something far more sinister behind his apparent defection to the Others. It made no sense, surely he would realise that he would not be allowed to leave if there was a way for him to easily find his way back with help - Juliet would surely know this also?

It's interesting that they can leave, and can return, but them having no way to communicate means that the Sub could never get back. Some form of signal for guiding ships and subs must be required for some reason.

I wonder how long Locke's father has been on the island. Perhaps brought there after Locke crashed, perhaps he was a recruit before the crash, maybe involved with whatever is behind The Others and/or DHARMA?

It seems obvious that Jack will want to rescue Kate, and likely return back to the beach, but I wonder if Juliet will go with him or stay with The Others where she is at least guaranteed some degree of safety and standard of living.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                        Good episode, but Jack simply planning to escape then send for help ruined it for me - I was hoping for something far more sinister behind his apparent defection to the Others. It made no sense, surely he would realise that he would not be allowed to leave if there was a way for him to easily find his way back with help - Juliet would surely know this also?

It's interesting that they can leave, and can return, but them having no way to communicate means that the Sub could never get back. Some form of signal for guiding ships and subs must be required for some reason.

I wonder how long Locke's father has been on the island. Perhaps brought there after Locke crashed, perhaps he was a recruit before the crash, maybe involved with whatever is behind The Others and/or DHARMA?

It seems obvious that Jack will want to rescue Kate, and likely return back to the beach, but I wonder if Juliet will go with him or stay with The Others where she is at least guaranteed some degree of safety and standard of living.
                        Agreed, I quite annoyed at Jack's lack of complacency/defiance. He is very astute and a great strategist - he can usually decipher the true meanings/intentions of the others (or anyone for that matter).

I'm sure (hope) TPTB will reveal its apart of Jack's greater plan in Future "Flashback" or in a new ep wher Jack explains it.

Also, agreed with "Box" revelation... AWESOME:
                        Horse, Jack's Dad, Locke's Dad, Eko's Brother, Dave
                        Last edited by jazz!; 23 March 2007, 01:28 AM.
                        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I was really excited for this episode and was not at all disappointed! I didn't see Locke's dad pushing him coming at all, although in retrospect it makes perfect sense, since most of the unhappiness in Locke's life stems from his father. I think it's great that Ben has realized Locke's connection to the Island, even if it means he's going to use what Locke discovers for his own ends, because what Locke discovers: WE DISCOVER! YES! Answers! I agree that Jack's naivete was rather convenient, but then again, most of the survivors are quite naive, with the notable exception of Sayid, who I've always found to be astute.

I also agree that Anthony Cooper (Locke's dad) is probably the real Mr. Sawyer. This would provide major closure for Sawyer's storyline. What I'm wondering though is whether Locke is going to have to be restrained by the Others from beating the life out of his dad...

This box is a very interesting development. I still think that hallucinations like Yemi and Jack's dad were caused by the Security System (monster) but things like Kate's horse may well have come from the box.

Overall, ***1/2 stars (the only reason it's not four is because we had nothing from the beach folks)
                          Spoiler:
                          Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't really take this box thing to literally.

People are supposed to think of what they want, and then it appears. So who exactly on that island, especially from within the Others camp, would want Locke's father? I can't see even Locke wanting that because I do believe that Ben was right when he mentioned Locke's motive of staying on the island is down to his father not being able to find him, but at least partly because I do think that Locke has made the same choice and Bernard and Rose to stay on the Island no matter what happens. Because of this, I can't see Locke being in any way responsibe in his father turning up on the Island.

I also can't see Locke doing anything to his father let alone being held back. Locke could do nothing to his father when he took his kidney, when he thought that his father may have killed that young guy, he did nothing, and yet it all ended up in him being ****ed out an 8 story window. His father showing up on the island is more likey to push Locke into this pushover of a man who can't stand up for himself, at least until he does stand up for himself

sigpic

Comment

since most of the unhappiness in Locke's life stems from his father

People having 'daddy issues' has been a theme throughout the entire show for just about every character. Even relatively new characters seem to have some of it such as Alex and Ben. I thought it was interesting the way Tom and Jack now almost have the beginnings of a father/son relationship starting.
                              "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

Working...
                              X