This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialing Atlantis

Now that we have all of the knowledge of the Asgard, you think we could dial Atlantis we those autodialer things that the Asgard use?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
    The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

To be honest, I am not quite sure. I assume it is @ least therotically possible, considering how they can dial into earth from Orilla (inter-galactic gate travel) via a Stargate, as demonstrated in previos episodes from previous seasons of SG-1.

We still need to sort through all the information, learn how to use it & adapt it to our own needs. Just because we access to the knowledge of the Ancients through the Atlantis database does not mean we can learn how to make ZPM straight off the bat. *lol*

It will take time to understand, learn & use the knowledge given to us by the Asgard respectably, responsibly & ethically (the whole 'with great power comes great responsibility' thing ) - just as they would of wished us to use it. It is our inheritence, & their legacy : the least we can do is treat the gifts we have been given by the Asgard with the same respect, caution & decency they have shown to us over the years. It is the least we can do for Thor & the other Asgard whom have helped us so much, & is, IMHO, @ the very least that the Asgard & their memory deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
      To be honest, I am not quite sure. I assume it is @ least therotically possible, considering how they can dial into earth from Orilla (inter-galactic gate travel) via a Stargate, as demonstrated in previos episodes from previous seasons of SG-1.

We still need to sort through all the information, learn how to use it & adapt it to our own needs. Just because we access to the knowledge of the Ancients through the Atlantis database does not mean we can learn how to make ZPM straight off the bat. *lol*

It will take time to understand, learn & use the knowledge given to us by the Asgard respectably, responsibly & ethically (the whole 'with great power comes great responsibility' thing ) - just as they would of wished us to use it. It is our inheritence, & their legacy : the least we can do is treat the gifts we have been given by the Asgard with the same respect, caution & decency they have shown to us over the years. It is the least we can do for Thor & the other Asgard whom have helped us so much, & is, IMHO, @ the very least that the Asgard & their memory deserves.
      OK so your saying that they give us all that technology so that we would not use it bot look at it and say "Thank your Asgard!"?
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:

Comment

No, he (or she) is saying that we should take our time and try to learn the basics before trying to start using things we have no idea how they work.

Oddy has the energy weapons, we could theoretically replicate them and mount them on all 304's from here out, but we should first understand them and see how they work and THEN start building them. This allows the users to understand the limitations of their equipment and how to fix it when ti breaks.

The respect he (or she) is speaking of is the fact that the Asgard gave us their knowledge, knowledge that CAN BE USED TO DESTROY US. Imagine if a psychopath got ahold of a Asgard enhanced naqudha generator. Hiroshima times 1,000,000. The world is not ready for this knowledge, we can use ut to its fullest extent now but the world won't see it for another 4 generations. And even then we may only be ready for say 25% of it.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
          No, he (or she) is saying that we should take our time and try to learn the basics before trying to start using things we have no idea how they work.

Oddy has the energy weapons, we could theoretically replicate them and mount them on all 304's from here out, but we should first understand them and see how they work and THEN start building them. This allows the users to understand the limitations of their equipment and how to fix it when ti breaks.

The respect he (or she) is speaking of is the fact that the Asgard gave us their knowledge, knowledge that CAN BE USED TO DESTROY US. Imagine if a psychopath got ahold of a Asgard enhanced naqudha generator. Hiroshima times 1,000,000. The world is not ready for this knowledge, we can use ut to its fullest extent now but the world won't see it for another 4 generations. And even then we may only be ready for say 25% of it.
          So your both saying we shouldn't use Asgard technology? We should just look at it and not use it and get owned by the Ori when we know we can destroy them?
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:

Comment

look at it this way. You give a chimp an Uzi. Teach him how to hold it and fire it. Sure he'll do damage but when the rounds run out, he isnt gonna know how to make new ones is he? He isnt gonna b able to make a new gun, nor understand how it works. Teach him sign language and how to read, then give him an instruction manual.. he still wont be able to do it.

Yes we should use the tech available to fight the Ori, but dont expect mass integration of asgard tech into everything earth does, as we simply arent ready or smart enough to make it work properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacardi View Post
              look at it this way. You give a chimp an Uzi. Teach him how to hold it and fire it. Sure he'll do damage but when the rounds run out, he isnt gonna know how to make new ones is he? He isnt gonna b able to make a new gun, nor understand how it works. Teach him sign language and how to read, then give him an instruction manual.. he still wont be able to do it.

Yes we should use the tech available to fight the Ori, but dont expect mass integration of asgard tech into everything earth does, as we simply arent ready or smart enough to make it work properly.
              OK so whats the point of giving us all that tech if we can't use it?
              Spoiler:
              Spoiler:

Comment

actually the main difference between the Ancient database and the Asguard database is that the asguard wanted us to learn from it, Thor spent the better part of a year writing a graphical interface that could make learning from it much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Yin View Post
                  actually the main difference between the Ancient database and the Asguard database is that the asguard wanted us to learn from it, Thor spent the better part of a year writing a graphical interface that could make learning from it much easier.
                  Finally somebody that actually thinks we should use Asgard technology.
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Tovny,

let me put this clear for you. I thought I stated my point clearly, but perhaps not.

Use the tech now, but still study it and understand exactly what the *&** we are using.

Comment

The Tau'ri does not have all the technology of the Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by aschen View Post
                        The Tau'ri does not have all the technology of the Asgard
                        Yes they do.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                          Tovny,

let me put this clear for you. I thought I stated my point clearly, but perhaps not.

Use the tech now, but still study it and understand exactly what the *&** we are using.
                          Oh! I thought that we shouldn't use till we totally understand it. Which would be never...
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            Yes they do.
                            My bad. lol. I just read the spoilers. Oh well.

Comment

Think of just how much info is in the database though. it took daniel what 50 years to just go through their recorded history. imagine having to go through all the technology and understand brand new ideas and technologies just to be able to know what other even more advanced tech does. Also quick point loved the new style asgard computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X