Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atlantis speculation questions (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis speculation questions (Spoilers)

i just had a couple questions to think about for season 4 of atlantis.

1. do u think carters ship will be larger and loaded with asgard tech since they gave us everything that they invented.

2 do u think the trips between earth will be shorter now that we have the full fledged asgard hyperdrive that allows them to travel alot faster then the one we currently have and the daedalus.

3. will they be able to use the asgard amtter creater to create more zpms and drones.

4. do u think hermoid knows that the asgard killed themselves and do u think he will die from the same irreversible illness that the rest of the asgard got from cloning.

5. and probably the most important question, do u think all of our current and future ships in atlantis will have asgard weapons and even more tech then they currently have installed or will that die with sg1. it would be nice to have energy weapons that ncan defeat an ori battlecruiser to be able to fight the asurans and the wraith.

1. No idea but I hope so!

2. maybe. The hyperdrive isn't actually the thing that makes us go faster, its the amount of power you have powering it. remember that it took the daedalus only 4 days to reach Atlantis when it had a zpm on board. so if we work out how to build some of the asgard Ion Nutreno(sp?) generators and incorporate them into our ships, yes, the trip will be shorter.

3. We should be able to but I'd say no. If they could Atlantis would no longer be in any danger and we would be the most powerful race in the universe. We could just keep pumpig out zpms and drones and own anyone we came across. The writers dont want us to be too powerful so they wont let us do this.

4. Yes he is being affected by the same illness. He is a clone afterall, just like thor and the rest of them. I have a feeling that he's already dead though.

5. I think yes. But remember that the reason the Odyssey was soooooo powerful was because it had a zpm powering it's shields and weapons. If the daedalus and Apollo get these upgrades I dont think they will be as powerful because they dont have a zpm powering the systems. This way the writers can give us better weapons without giving us to big of an advantage over the wraith and Asurans.

Hope that helps!
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

1. do u think carters ship will be larger and loaded with asgard tech since they gave us everything that they invented.

Just because we have the knowledge doesn't mean that we can implement the technology. We have Ancient knowledge and can’t implement them.
      Also, think of materials like Neutronium, which is a key element in Asgard technology

2 do u think the trips between earth will be shorter now that we have the full fledged asgard hyperdrive that allows them to travel alot faster then the one we currently have and the daedalus.

No.

3. will they be able to use the asgard amtter creater to create more zpms and drones.

No

4. do u think hermoid knows that the asgard killed themselves and do u think he will die from the same irreversible illness that the rest of the asgard got from cloning.

Yes. He’s not stupid and the Asgard have been planning this for a year.

5. and probably the most important question, do u think all of our current and future ships in atlantis will have asgard weapons and even more tech then they currently have installed or will that die with sg1. it would be nice to have energy weapons that ncan defeat an ori battlecruiser to be able to fight the asurans and the wraith.

Asgard Energy weapon are good to destroy Hives ships but rail guns are still the best to destroy Darts. I say mix of old and new. I don’t think that we can produce the Asgard Energy Weapons although we have the knowledge we need the Materials such as Neutronium

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

i read on another site that the oddesey has asgard energy weapons that kind of looked like the ancient defense satelite.so they could put this on all of the earth ships. it may not be as powerful as the asgards but it would be an improvemnt over the nukes that get swated like flies by the darts.i have also read that it only takes 1 week for the asgard to get to pegasus with their newest hyperdrives which we now have. it is a big improvement over the 3 weeks.here is a pic of the energy wepaon on the oddesey
        Attached Files

Comment

damn, are these from unending. Crap SHIELD EYES, SHIELD EYES!
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
            i just had a couple questions to think about for season 4 of atlantis.

1. They never said she would come in a 'new' ship. Only that she would come in her own ship. For all we know that could mean coming through in a PJ etc. She's been seen to be in charge of Odyssey. So that could drop her off after finishing an SG-1 mission. After she disembarks, Davidson or someone else resumes command or whatever.

It may indeed be a brand new class of ship. However seeing as SG-1 & Atlantis are probably set very close together in the timeline, then between 'Unending'/'First Strike' & something like 'Reunion' that's only like 4/5 eps. So that's kinda quick to be throwing out a brand new class of ship. The only way that could work is if it's already a 304 that's almost built. They simply go back & install some of the new upgraded Asgard tech on it. Meaning it would be the exact same size as a regular 304, only it has a little more tech built into it.

Not to mention, if that beam could cut through an Ori ship. Then if they can find a ZPM for it in Pegasus, imagine what it would be able to do to an Asuran ship. Even without the ZPM, it should still cut through a Wraith ship in a single shot. Therefore they are obviously not gonna be throwing ut new ships with all the best tech integrated into them.

Heck after either of the 2 movies, Odyssey may get destroyed, or the timeline changed making them never have got the info in the 1st place. So they may even end up with nothing.

2. Trips will only be shorter if they have a ZPM to power it, which they won't because if they did have a spare. Then Atlantis would be a bigger priority for it. Without that, it'll probably be the same length of time. They are supposed to be kinda cut off in S4. So can't see how that is a reality, when ships can suddenly go quicker than ever. They can't install the 4 Asgard Ion generators in a 304 because the ship is simply too small to house them all. That's probably one of the biggest factors why the Asgard ships are so huge. It's not the hyperdrives that are better, it's simply by default Asgard ships have better power sources.

3. Simple answer.....No!

ZPM's & Drones are Ancient. Hence if the Asgard were able to make their own, then I think they would have been using ZPM's themselves to boost their ships. Especially against the Replicators. Not to mention the Drones, their weapons became ineffective against Rep controlled ships. So Drones probably would have been a good thing to use in such circumstances.

4. Daedalus goes back & forth all the time between galaxies. Then the fact that they have been working a whole year on the plan, means he obviously will know about it. So chances are he went along with them even if he wasn't infected with the disease.

5. It's a tough one to call. Realistically they should have at least the energy weapons. However Earth ships should have had them a few years before now anyway. Odyssey is used in the 1st SG-1 movie, this will take place before Carter arrives in Atlantis. Hence it may get destroyed in a battle & they end up with nothing. While the 2nd movie deals with changes to the timeline, that most likely also takes place before she heads off to Pegasus. So again there is another strong chance that time may be chaged, therefore meaning they never get the Asgard tech & knowledge in the 1st place.

The writers have shown that they love destroying anything more advanced an an Ancient toilet roll holder. So if Asgard weapons can blast apart an Ori ship with ease, then I see no reason why they couldn't do it to Asurans just as easily. They have the whole Asgard techbase now, therefore they obviously have the schematics for the anti-replicator satellite weapon. We know they won't get that to work because then Asurans would be gone & the main enemy would be no more.

Therefore any new ships won't be fully loaded with all the Asgard technology. To me they'll either take it back at the end of one of the 2 movies, meaning they end up, with nothing. The other is that they'll use some excuse about not having the skill yet to duplicate the Asgard technology. This way they have the knowledge, just that means they don;t have to give them the new tech. Keeping them the underdogs as always!

i read on another site that the oddesey has asgard energy weapons that kind of looked like the ancient defense satelite.so they could put this on all of the earth ships. it may not be as powerful as the asgards but it would be an improvemnt over the nukes that get swated like flies by the darts.i have also read that it only takes 1 week for the asgard to get to pegasus with their newest hyperdrives which we now have. it is a big improvement over the 3 weeks.here is a pic of the energy wepaon on the oddesey
            They weren't the same as the Lantean satellite weapons platform that was seen in 'TSI'. If they managed to put this new beam weapon on all 304's, then it will cut Wraith ships to shreds. Without extra power from ZPM's then it may not be able to take out Asuran ships. Perhaps without a ZPM installed, then the Asgard beam may not be as good as the Ancients one. However with a ZPM it's better in my opinion. The Lantean sat probably would have took out the Ori ship in less shots, but it has a much slower time between shots, while the Asgard beams can go around 1 shot per sec. Therfore with the Asgard weapons, you're able to get off many more shots in the shortest amount of time. So it's better to have on your ship.

It said in Misbegotten that an Asgard ship could make it in 4 days. Which is the exact same as a 304 with a ZPM installed. Which sounds about right! So without that, then I doubt 304's will be able to get there just as quick!

Comment

dont you think the ancients knowing that atlantis is going to be discovered by lesser advanced humans would leave zpms and other power scources to solve this problem.
              sigpic

Comment

first i like to say that becouse of the nature of the second movie of sg-1 invloving time travel doesn't mean that we will lose everything we have gained now the asguard are gone accept it if the time line changes the ori will be back also.

the asguard computer core could not go true the gate becouse it was to big meaning that it could be removed so thinking that they atleast have a single brain cell they could have removed the computer core or made a copy of all the knowleadge in case the oddesy gets destroyed.

copying the technology should be easy with the matter converter two reasons carter made a chello but did not have any wood she made tritonun for teal'c

second is the weapon o'neill made with the ancients knowleadge was build using that technology and who knows what that thing was made from.

ship building will be easyer and faster maybe offworld now that i like to see maybe even on the planet atlantis will be staying.

new type ship is possible becouse they can play around with more money now.

and what i think will dev happen is that sci fi lose there mind even more first the wait of six months second no more sg-1 third need to wait till fall about another six months before new atlantis.

and what i hope is that atlantis will also carry some more from sg-1 one and the third show will involve both shows.

Comment

Working...
                X