Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ancient / Advanced Human Physiology contain the consciousness of an asgard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Ancient / Advanced Human Physiology contain the consciousness of an asgard?

This is what I would like to know..

I remember Loki went to earth doing experiments on humans.. Trying to solve the cloning problem.

I wonder if they tried to do the same thing and clone an ancient (over the years, SG1 / Atlantis had access to Ancient bodies - they should have DNA samples).

Originally posted by funks View Post
    I remember Heimdall went to earth doing experiments on humans.. Trying to solve the cloning problem.
    In my memories, it was Loki? Do I remeber wrong?

Edit
    And if my memories is right, Heimdall was planet called Adara.
    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Yup it was loki, i always wondered why the asgard wont clone a normal human (female/male) or an ancient or an nox??

Comment

Yeah, they should have been able to clone humans and then download there brains into copies? I doubt they tried everything before they went and blew themselves up.

Comment

Originally posted by crudelius View Post
          Yeah, they should have been able to clone humans and then download there brains into copies? I doubt they tried everything before they went and blew themselves up.
          Thats physically impossible, the Asgard have too much knowledge to fit inside a human brain, no disrespect to my own race lol
          "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
          sigpic

Comment

Well I don't know, hmmm.... what if they put themselves into a time dilation field so we could evolve even more and then they could do something, like how O’Neil was close to being the last evolutionary link they needed. or with all their technology couldn't they download all their knowledge like the ancients, then build uber cool robots and walk around forever, if wouldn't be living, it wouldn’t be just living in a computer, but it is allot better then going boom altogether.
            Last edited by crudelius; 16 March 2007, 03:20 AM. Reason: eureka

Comment

Couldnt they just grow an living clone (human) and add extra stuff on, which they want... Such as the brother of Anbus or Niriti who tried to make the prefect human host

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
                Couldnt they just grow an living clone (human) and add extra stuff on, which they want... Such as the brother of Anbus or Niriti who tried to make the prefect human host
                excellent idea, that would/should have worked, just take a asgard/human and fix and improve on it. that might have even been able to create a civilization more advanced then what they were at. do we still have that dna manipulator thingy form prototypes?

Comment

what i dont get is that they build robots or ones that imitate a human since they have no trouble downloading their minds to their ships computers everytime the replicators come aboard
                  sigpic

Comment

ok if they went and built an uber robot that they could download their brains in and then someone even just 1 replicator managed to get to them, then i dont think we would have to worry about the asgard anymore, because they would be enimy food maybe they will built uber robots when they know without a shadow of a doubt that the replicators are gone... Plus who wants to give up that uber body they already have??? i mean look at them, with their naked gray bodies, the big head, the tiny tiny little arms. it probably takes alot of concentration to run a robot/ship anyway. and then what happens when you get cooler robots? you go upgrade, and then what to do with the old bot? they should just go make their own super race, you know they can go edit the DNA better then anyone else (on this plane)

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      what i dont get is that they build robots or ones that imitate a human since they have no trouble downloading their minds to their ships computers everytime the replicators come aboard
                      That is surprisingly a great idea... Kind of like what Harlan did with SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                        Thats physically impossible, the Asgard have too much knowledge to fit inside a human brain, no disrespect to my own race lol
                        Well, the ancients also had alot of knowlege But their ancient physiology was able to handle it..
                        I mean, I'm asuming the ancient repository of knowledge were made to interface with ancients (the head grabber). Oneil accidentaly enabled it because he had the ATA gene, nevertheless, he doesn't have ancient physiology (hence can't handle the info).

Wasn't talking about normal human but instead the physiology of the Ancients / or Advanced humans like Khalek (who'se DNA was quite a bit more advanced than ours).

SG1, and Atlantis had access to Ancient DNA for quite some time now (Aliah, Khalek, the ancients from Tria, i'm sure there's some DNA information stored at Atlantis).
                        Last edited by funks; 16 March 2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Even if it were possible in "data capacity" terms, it is now impossible physiologically. The Asgard are far to different to simply go from one species to another. And obviously if they thought that were possible they would have tried it.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            Even if it were possible in "data capacity" terms, it is now impossible physiologically. The Asgard are far to different to simply go from one species to another. And obviously if they thought that were possible they would have tried it.
                            Not really. Remember they were so 'set in their ways' they needed us dumb down thinkers to eliminate the replicators..

Comment

I say make a "super" humans with added bonus prizes such as storage room for more knowledge and some cool powers such as moving objects with your mind and making force fields
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X