This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best Sci-Fi ever?

What do you consider to be the best sci-fi ever made?

Personally I'd say Star TrekS9, although BSG is about too take it's place in my book.

What do you guys think?

Oh, M Theory... It's a really hard decision...

I love so many of them... but I think I'll have to go with:

Babylon 5

*hums theme song*

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Franchise: Star Trek
      TV Series: Stargate SG-1
      Film Series: Back to the Future
      Movie: The Time Machine (2002)

Comment

Farscape. I think BSG is a marginally better show(though it's been slipping as of late) but Farscape is a much better sci-fi show. After that it's probably B5, then Trek, then everything else.

If you include other mediums than Tv/Movies then it's a lot more complicated and I'd have to think about it a lot more.

Comment

Farscape. Absolutely.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Babylon 5 without any doubt.

I used to say B5 was the best arch show and SG-1 was the best episodic but not anymore. Now it is clear B5 for me. Both shows took a dip in ep quality in the last season (last 2 for SG-1). B5's dip was clearly due to how they were scrwed around with by the producers and in the end the show was able to recover and give some pretty great eps near the end including the best series finally for a scifi show I have seen.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              Babylon 5 without any doubt.

I used to say B5 was the best arch show and SG-1 was the best episodic but not anymore. Now it is clear B5 for me. Both shows took a dip in ep quality in the last season (last 2 for SG-1). B5's dip was clearly due to how they were scrwed around with by the producers and in the end the show was able to recover and give some pretty great eps near the end including the best series finally for a scifi show I have seen.
              ^ So true.
              B5 for me too, but then I was always gonna say that wasn't I?
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Doctor Who, nothing even comes close IMO
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Star Trek of course
                  sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                  Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

FarScape, of course.

Babylon 5 would be second.

sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Babylon 5, without a doubt. Everything else pales in comparison.

Most well written, consistant and innovative sci-fi television series ever.
                      Awesome aliens like Vorlons and Shadows, plenty of great sci-fi and
                      concepts, a great dark atmosphere and a perfect cast.
                      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Firefly was the best in terms of writing, cancelling that show was a crime.

The Stargate series are my favourites.
                        sigpic

Comment

Stargate
                          Star trek
                          Andromeda
                          sigpic

Comment

The new Battlestar Galactica is in my opinion not only the best sci-fi show ever made, but I think it will eventually come to be remembered as one of the best television shows of all time.

Firefly sits at a very close number two.

As for fantasy shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an easy number one.

Comment

1) DS9 .... From the rich characters, to the sweeping Dominion War arc, DS9 is a cut above them all.

2) Stargate .... What's not to love, a very close second to DS9

3) TNG .... Scifi was reborn on modern television because of this brilliant show.

4) Farscape .... Peacekeeper Wars did this great show justice.

5) Firefly .... I still miss this smart and entertaining show. Firefly had incredible potential.

6) Jeremiah .... Only lasted 2 short seasons, but what a brilliant concept with a great cast of characters.

7) B5 .... Definetly a unique and smart scifi show.

8) Atlantis .... I love this show, it keeps getting better and better.

9) Threshold .... A fascinating concept. They pulled the plug way to soon.

10) Andromeda .... Mainly for the first 3 seasons, the show went down hill after Tyr left.

Honorable mentions: Battle Star Galactica, Star Trek:Voyager, Alien Nation, Star Trek:Enterprise, Doctor Who, The 4400, Twilight Zone, Night Gallery, Amazing Stories, Tales from the Crypt, Heroes, Lost, Surface, Eureka, Buffy the Vampire Slayer ......... and few more I can't think of right now.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X