PDA

View Full Version : We really need some allies SPOILERS FOR UNENDING

freyr's mother
March 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

With the asgard giving us everything they know and have and giving us the title of the fifth race, we cannot possibly keep everything in check as the asgard did without outside help. To that end, we will need many allies, and i dont mean the jaffa because their motives can never be trusted. We need allies we can trust. At this point all that Atlantis has are enemies and one race of people whose actions are always in question. I believe we need to discover a race or nurture an existing one who is in good relations with earth or the atlantis expedition and slowly advance their society towards the point where they are capable of putting up a fight like we did before the asgard gave us all the high tech stuff and knowledge. Then this race will become our new apprentice race as we once were to the asgard. What do you guys think and or what would you suggest doing differently?

SGFerrit
March 15th, 2007, 01:07 PM
What races could we nurture? Anyone got any ideas?

Do the Serrakin have good space ships? I can't remember.

freyr's mother
March 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM

I think they were wiped out or submitted to ori rule. Something is mentioned in counterstrike so i'll have to watch that again. But right now i've got to type up like 4 lab reports. At the moment im having a good time procrastinating.

freyr's mother
March 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Some possible races we could nurture are the races from or are:
Poisioning the Well
The Game
The Reole
Cure
Momento
Lifeboat
The Galarans
The Sodan (if they're still around)
Bad Guys

SGFerrit
March 15th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I think they were wiped out or submitted to ori rule. Something is mentioned in counterstrike so i'll have to watch that again. But right now i've got to type up like 4 lab reports. At the moment im having a good time procrastinating.

I always assumed (and hoped) they would be fine once the Ori followers are defeated.

SGFerrit
March 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I think the race from Inferno (Taranians?) would have been good.

But we should be seeing...

...the new 'unpredictable wildcard race' in Atlantis s4, they could be allies

Pharaoh Atem
March 15th, 2007, 02:20 PM
What races could we nurture? Anyone got any ideas?.

furlings furlings furlings :P:D

J_B
March 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

With the asgard giving us everything they know and have and giving us the title of the fifth race, we cannot possibly keep everything in check as the asgard did without outside help. To that end, we will need many allies, and i dont mean the jaffa because their motives can never be trusted. We need allies we can trust. At this point all that Atlantis has are enemies and one race of people whose actions are always in question. I believe we need to discover a race or nurture an existing one who is in good relations with earth or the atlantis expedition and slowly advance their society towards the point where they are capable of putting up a fight like we did before the asgard gave us all the high tech stuff and knowledge. Then this race will become our new apprentice race as we once were to the asgard. What do you guys think and or what would you suggest doing differently?

If anything with the new advanced knowledge & tech they don't need any outsider help. Especially a race that you have to train. If it had to be someone, then it's a race that's way more powerful than you. However that was only the Asgard & they are gone.

If you take on a less advanced race, then you'd need to give them ship tech etc because most of the big battles are fought in space these days. Therefore there is too great a risk of it being mis-used or taken by an enemy.

Earth has billions of people, so it's not like they are short of numbers. All they need is a dozen 304's & they'll own the galaxy. Jaffa may have more ships, but their shields are crap. So if it takes around 6 shots for an Ori ship, then a single one should way be enough to blast a Ha'tak out of the stars.

Not to mention the Asgard were dying out, so they probably knew in S1 they would have to pass the torch over to someone. While Earth isn't dying out, so doesn't have that disability of not having much time left.

huntress
March 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
The races the SGA have encountered were very, very two dimensional. I wouldn't like it, if the Genii were nurtured. They would make such wonderful opponents but so far they would make the best test subjects. The Hoffans might also be interesting and there are of course the Athosians, who were already nurtured and kept safe.

mcbarr
March 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM
With the asgard giving us everything they know and have and giving us the title of the fifth race, we cannot possibly keep everything in check as the asgard did without outside help. To that end, we will need many allies, and i dont mean the jaffa because their motives can never be trusted. We need allies we can trust.

How about those Asgard protected worlds? With the little guys gone, they will need guidance... Earth could offer help. Therefore, we could start establishing a more unified human presence in the Milky Way. It would also be cool if Earth started building colonies on other worlds. Maybe even in the Asgard home galaxy... The Stargate program would have to be revealed, though. In the Pegasus galaxy, I guess we'll have to keep the Athosians as allies for now.

Ripple in Space
March 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM
How about Earth's Powers? Nothing stated ever implied that the Asgard population rivaled that of the Tau'ri (that I can recall).

The Nox could also be of help, as far as betterment as a species. Maybe the 3rd Race can co-op w/ the 5th. While overall the Tollan had a far greater scientific understanding than us, our acquired tech through the Asgard & Alterans boosts our tech ahead of even the Ori.

garhkal
March 15th, 2007, 09:04 PM

They were taken out, as stated in line in the sand (iirc).. But we have the Cimmerians, the people we saved from that volcano (s2e19) and several others in the MW..

Lifeboat

They would be a good one, as they owe us big time!

The Sodan (if they're still around)

Nope they are not still around.

How about those Asgard protected worlds? With the little guys gone, they will need guidance... Earth could offer help. Therefore, we could start establishing a more unified human presence in the Milky Way. It would also be cool if Earth started building colonies on other worlds. Maybe even in the Asgard home galaxy... The Stargate program would have to be revealed, though. In the Pegasus galaxy, I guess we'll have to keep the Athosians as allies for now.

I mentioned that on another thread... i would love to see if we took over for the Asguard from where they left off, but would we still keep them thinking the gods were there??

genius21
March 16th, 2007, 12:27 AM
we do need a good ally but even with the knowleadge we are not uber powerfull first you need to understand what you build even when you have a complete guide book the speed to build ships will increase and i hope carters ship is a ship build with some of the help of the asguard knowleadge but not something of a big ship.

but ally's are needed but every race they encounter in the pegasus galaxy can't be trusted.

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 16th, 2007, 01:19 AM
I say that we do need allies but we can't really trust anyone with our tech. We would have to act like the asgard have acted towards us. Help out every now and then but not give them any tech that they can keep, or use wiithout us being there.

This way we can mentor them as to our way of life, our values and the way we do things without having to worry about them destroying the galaxy with the tech we gave them.

For now I think we should concentrate on our own planet. Make the gate public knowledge, get each country to start building ships so that we can defend the protected planets, and any others that need our help. Consolidate our power and our understanding of the asgard tech, and then think about training another race.

sparkygate
March 16th, 2007, 02:56 AM
What about the nox??? Yea there on netural terms but they can teach us alot, about there way of life and etc...

Integrabyte
March 16th, 2007, 03:40 AM
What about the nox??? Yea there on netural terms but they can teach us alot, about there way of life and etc...

The NOX were a part of the Alliance with the Asgard, I guess they KNEW about the Asgard :P, yet they did not interfere to help them. I highly doubt the NOX will help an inferior race....

mcbarr
March 16th, 2007, 05:07 AM
The Nox could certainly be more open to the Tau'ri now that they have Ancient and Asgard technology. After all, it would also be in their interest to prevent them from destroying themselves and maybe the whole universe by conducting experiments with dangerous advanced tech.

Betelgeuze
March 16th, 2007, 09:00 AM
The Taranians (Inferno race) are most likely all dead see vengeance.

Other potential allies are:

The Orbanians, the people who's children had nanites in their brain and taught
Carter how to build a naquada generator,(Learning Curve).

The Optricians, the people from Proving Ground who believed they were brought to their planet by aliens.

The Genii, they might not be the most trust worthy race out there, but they are usefull allies.

The "Breeders" The people that the Eurondans were trying to wipe out because they were not genetically pure, (The Other Side)

The Enkarans, From Scorched Earth, the people from their original homeworld might be advanced.

The Gadmeer

Giant Aliens (Whatever happend to Jackson's Grandfather?)

The Link people

Oannes (Fire and Water)

People from The Game Keeper

J_B
March 16th, 2007, 12:15 PM

In fighting people like Ori, Wraith & Asurans, you don't need to be taught about running about the woods with twigs in your hair perfoming rituals. They don't use tech apart from advanced healing or cloaking objects. While they live in an Ancient city! They wouldn't kill Apophis even though he would have killed them. So there is no way they would condone violence against people like the Ori etc. Hence if you ever managed to talk them round to siding with you, they'd insist on negotiating, which then would get them killed & probably your team or ship as well in the process. So the only thing the Nox would be good for would be to knock out & steal their cityship.

I highly doubt the NOX will help an inferior race....

I seriously doubt that Earth is an inferior race, they only seem to be able to cloak things & heal. However Earth can travel very quickly to other galaxies & all the rest in their own ships. While they have their own cloaking generators on Odyssey, Atlantis, PJ's as well as Sodan Cloaks for people etc. So in a straight 1 on 1 match for technological value, I'd say Earth easily wins hands down especially now....No question!

For now I think we should concentrate on our own planet. Make the gate public knowledge, get each country to start building ships so that we can defend the protected planets, and any others that need our help. Consolidate our power and our understanding of the asgard tech, and then think about training another race.

There is no way you could give all the big countries the tech & knowledge to build ships. First if you ever have a problem, they could use the tech & weapons that you provided them with against you. They could sell it to another smaller country that may not have the best intentions with what to use it for. Such as being able to beam nukes/chemical weapons etc anywhere in the world & all the rest.

There is no need to worry about protected planets & all the rest. That was nullified years ago when the Goa'uld broke the rules & attacked Earth. While the Ori attacked & converted planets & the Asgard were unable to interfere. Get rid of the Ori & Ba'al, then you're pretty much set. The only other ones to give you any probs will be the Lucian Alliance. However a quick demonstration of either Drones from PJ's or the new energy beams will put them down enough. That only leaves the Jaffa, they have a ton of ships, but they are fairly crap against anything with good enough weapons.

So all Earth needs is 6/12 fully equipped 304's. With perhaps something like a souped up Wraith ship (shields, hyperdrives etc) or Lantean warship in orbit constantly around Earth. The last remaining thing that's needed is a way to detect cloaked ships. Do that & you could cut the Jaffa a new one anytime you needed to.

That's why they really don't need to bother with training any other race now. Before it was in their best interests to form alliances. However Goa'uld are gone, Ori will soon be gone, as will Ba'al probably. Therefore they only need to start spitting out ships to build up a fleet. If they manage to do that, then that's all they need.

Cameron Mitchel
March 16th, 2007, 12:33 PM
In fighting people like Ori, Wraith & Asurans, you don't need to be taught about running about the woods with twigs in your hair perfoming rituals. They don't use tech apart from advanced healing or cloaking objects. While they live in an Ancient city! They wouldn't kill Apophis even though he would have killed them. So there is no way they would condone violence against people like the Ori etc. Hence if you ever managed to talk them round to siding with you, they'd insist on negotiating, which then would get them killed & probably your team or ship as well in the process. So the only thing the Nox would be good for would be to knock out & steal their cityship.

I seriously doubt that Earth is an inferior race, they only seem to be able to cloak things & heal. However Earth can travel very quickly to other galaxies & all the rest in their own ships. While they have their own cloaking generators on Odyssey, Atlantis, PJ's as well as Sodan Cloaks for people etc. So in a straight 1 on 1 match for technological value, I'd say Earth easily wins hands down especially now....No question!

There is no way you could give all the big countries the tech & knowledge to build ships. First if you ever have a problem, they could use the tech & weapons that you provided them with against you. They could sell it to another smaller country that may not have the best intentions with what to use it for. Such as being able to beam nukes/chemical weapons etc anywhere in the world & all the rest.

There is no need to worry about protected planets & all the rest. That was nullified years ago when the Goa'uld broke the rules & attacked Earth. While the Ori attacked & converted planets & the Asgard were unable to interfere. Get rid of the Ori & Ba'al, then you're pretty much set. The only other ones to give you any probs will be the Lucian Alliance. However a quick demonstration of either Drones from PJ's or the new energy beams will put them down enough. That only leaves the Jaffa, they have a ton of ships, but they are fairly crap against anything with good enough weapons.

So all Earth needs is 6/12 fully equipped 304's. With perhaps something like a souped up Wraith ship (shields, hyperdrives etc) or Lantean warship in orbit constantly around Earth. The last remaining thing that's needed is a way to detect cloaked ships. Do that & you could cut the Jaffa a new one anytime you needed to.

That's why they really don't need to bother with training any other race now. Before it was in their best interests to form alliances. However Goa'uld are gone, Ori will soon be gone, as will Ba'al probably. Therefore they only need to start spitting out ships to build up a fleet. If they manage to do that, then that's all they need.
The NOX don't live in an Ancient City. Where did you get that from? it's like a hovering city, what I like to call (in reference to the NOX city) a hovering flowerpot. But right, they have no real use for what Earth needs.

Integrabyte
March 16th, 2007, 12:49 PM

One problem 90 % of what you mentioned there is not ours. The NOX however did not borrow technology to the extent we did. Did they borrow from anyone? How can you say we can match the NOX? We haven't even seen what those people can do when they are pissed. I want to see how fast we can travel when LYA hides the Odyssey and beams the crew off the ship? Have you seen ENIGMA? LYA can dial the gate like an ascended being and can beam people thorugh it. I don't even want to know what their Flying City can do. The NOX were part of the Alliance because they evolved on their own and were superior in the Galaxy, not because someone passed on technology. I fully support the fact that the Tau'ri are and will remain inferior to the Asgard. I will change my mind when we will start to improve Asgard technology and create hybrids with ancient tech.

J_B
March 16th, 2007, 04:20 PM
The NOX don't live in an Ancient City. Where did you get that from? it's like a hovering city, what I like to call (in reference to the NOX city) a hovering flowerpot. But right, they have no real use for what Earth needs.

They DO live in an Ancient cityship just like Atlantis!

Old J Mallozzi Thread! (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4841335&highlight=atlantis+nox#post4841335)

Originally Posted by mahram
Joe I was noticing the similarities between the Nox flying city and the atlantis flying city. Are they sister city, or based on the same technology. Or its something you want to keep secret for a future episode?

Originally Posted by JMallozzi:
Shhhh.

Look at the tone of the question & answer!

So that's where I get it from!

CptOats
March 16th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Its a shame none of ronan dex's race are left they would have made good prodigies

Ltcolshepjumper
March 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Its a shame none of ronan dex's race are left they would have made good prodigies

Besides the 300+ people who left Sateda.

fallenexile452
March 16th, 2007, 04:46 PM
They DO live in an Ancient cityship just like Atlantis!

Look at the tone of the question & answer!

So that's where I get it from!

Yes but if you go with him agreeing to it being similar then there is the possibility of more to do with the four races or a storyline involving the nox in the future. we can't take anything about the tone from the written word shhh other than he doesn't want to say anything concrete. also look back through some of the old threads with the screen caps of the nox cityship and it defiantly isn't a lantean cityship.

CptOats
March 16th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah i always wondered where they went one of stargates famous mistakes like in a recnet atlantis episode when the sheild over the gate was on when the wormhole was established and the bit that shoots out of the gate (the thing that cut the ore eye ship in half) was held back by the shield over the gate i mean wtf?? tht would totally drain the power supply even if the shield could hold it back which i'm pretty sure ain't possible correct me if im wrong.

J_B
March 16th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Yes but if you go with him agreeing to it being similar then there is the possibility of more to do with the four races or a storyline involving the nox in the future. we can't take anything about the tone from the written word shhh other than he doesn't want to say anything concrete. also look back through some of the old threads with the screen caps of the nox cityship and it defiantly isn't a lantean cityship.

He said Shhhh as in don't tell nayone it's a secret. Why would he say that when all he had to do was say: "Yes they are similar" because anyone with 2 eyes would have already known that, therefore where exactly is the secret in saying that!

As to your pointing out about looks, firstly think back when that was shown on SG-1. That was way, way before Atlantis was even a pipedream in their eyes! The exact same way as Asgard ships could zip about multiple galaxies in a matter of secs/mins in earlier seasons of the show. Yet after the 304's were introduced with their intergalactic hyperdrives, the Asgard ships have been made out to be slower. In S1 of Atlantis Martin Gero said PJ's don't have shields, while in S2 JM correvted that & said they had them all along....Things change you know!

Hence when he said the Shhhh bit, that was, way, way, way after the Nox city had ever been shown. Many years after.

Not to mention the biggest thing in that it didn't necessarily have to be Lantean in design, it could have been constructed after by the Ancients who stayed behind in the MW. The tone & way he said it implies it's an Ancient cityship.

You can disagree with it if you like, that's up to you, but it is Ancient!

As to your last part, the Asgard are gone, Furlings most likely ain't ever gonna get another mention. While Ancients are gone. Nox have only appeared in a couple of eps throughout the history of the show. So I think it's safe to say, Nox won't be a high priority target to waste a movie on given that there will only be 2 a year.

shaorinor
March 16th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Late to the party, but my 2 cents...

Some of you guys are picking polite, good races, but they're also races that don't have the capacity for understanding of technology. The sodan are jaffa. They know how to use the tech, but they have no scientific mind for it (i.e. have you seen very many jaffa scientists?). This is all, of course, assuming that they weren't killed, but they were.

I don't have the extensive knowledge of the SG1 world that most of you have, but if you're gonna pick a race, pick one that has scientific minds similar to Earth at the very start of SG1. Remember, Earth's present technology is 10 years in development in SG1.

As far as races to coop with...the Nox are still out there and are on par with the Asgard (as far as I've seen) as far as knowledge and technology goes...they are just more passive. Maybe if a story is presented where they feel sympathy for our galaxy's plight, coop with them would be possible. Plus, the Asgard entrusting Earth with all their knowledge could show the Nox how much Earth has matured since they last met. We also have yet to even see or here of the Furlings...maybe this is an opportunity for them to be developed more with the Asgard out of the picture? Thor threw out that "you are the 5th race" line...maybe a hint that we would meet the remainder of the allied races?

Dalario
March 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Besides the 300+ people who left Sateda.

300 :D

Jimbo-DR
March 16th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Actually, I'm not sure that adding more less advanced people to the equation is the best idea now. With the better production we'll have using Asgard technology, we may be able to start mass producing ships that are some of the most advanced in all the galaxies we even know of yet. In fact, we don't even need to make them the hulls from the 304's. Why not simply incorporate our new technology into 303 hulls, and mass produce them? Far less resources required, and there is strength in numbers.

Professor Chaos
March 16th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Once the Ori are defeated earth will pretty much be the only superpower in the galaxy. I hardly think they have to worry about the Asgard protected worlds now that the Goa'uld and Ori are defeated. (I don't think the Asgard had any in the Pegasus galaxy?)

PG15
March 16th, 2007, 11:38 PM
300 :D

"THIS IS SATEDA!!!"

:D

VSHARMA
March 17th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Jedi will make Excellent Allies.

SGFerrit
March 17th, 2007, 04:32 AM
From Joe's Blog:

Sannsong writes: “Can we expect to find that there are similar allies in Pegasus that might be of help to Atlantis?”

Answer: Oh, yeah. Check out season four.

Integrabyte
March 17th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Jedi will make Excellent Allies.

We need Darth Vader to impose some discipline among the wraith :P.

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 17th, 2007, 04:41 AM
You can disagree with it if you like, that's up to you, but it is Ancient!

Not necessarily:

Joe I was noticing the similarities between the Nox flying city and the atlantis flying city. Are they sister city, or based on the same technology. Or its something you want to keep secret for a future episode?

Those are three questions with an answer being 'Sshhhh'. So which question is that answer in relation to? Is it to the sister city? Or based on similar/same technology? Or the fact that it would be revealed in a future episode?

Therefore, we can't really rely on what Joe's blog said in that regard unless its outright stated. You might be reading too much into that response.

And yeah I also disagree that Earth now matches the Nox regardless of the fact that they are pacifists. Not saying that Earth is crap or whatever but i think saying that Earth is more advanced then the Nox would be quite a bit of arrogance on Earths part.

ColCaldwell
March 17th, 2007, 10:05 PM
They were taken out, as stated in line in the sand (iirc).. But we have the Cimmerians, the people we saved from that volcano (s2e19) and several others in the MW..

You'll see in the later part of season 3 they are dead.

ColCaldwell
March 17th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah i always wondered where they went one of stargates famous mistakes like in a recnet atlantis episode when the sheild over the gate was on when the wormhole was established and the bit that shoots out of the gate (the thing that cut the ore eye ship in half) was held back by the shield over the gate i mean wtf?? tht would totally drain the power supply even if the shield could hold it back which i'm pretty sure ain't possible correct me if im wrong.

It's never been explained, but I was thinking that with the Iris on the Earth gate and the Shield on Atlantis gate maybe they are so close that, with all others, the kwoosh doesn't materialize?

Dalario
March 17th, 2007, 11:35 PM
"THIS IS SATEDA!!!"

Wouldn't it be awesome to see 300 Satedans fight against one millions of wraith ? :ronan:

DennisMartijn
March 18th, 2007, 06:02 AM
not really spoilers, just too much time:

FURLINGS! The appolo Arrives at Lantea, discovering nothing is left, not single peace of atlantis. they detect a energy signature, with their new tech, and drop in and out of hyperspace, detecting atlantis. they go both in hyperspace, to the nearest planet (detected by new tech)... a planet with a cloaking shield, the wraith never saw. they drop out, seeing nothing. but when they enter the cloaking shield... they cant detect lifesigns, so they plan on landing... they land on a lake, do some sightseeing.... they meet with a new, cooperating race... they introduce each other, "we are known as the furlings". *stunned*. while walking to a city of furlings... *stunned>2*. Asgard walking among with furlings... they move to a Spherical building where they meet with an odd Asgard. Its Hermoid. He explained he heared the whole bigbangbybyasgard thing, but wouldnt cooperate. he managed to escape in the Oneill, and accidently came across this planet, discovering a civilication of other asgard. These asgard apperantly came forward of some rebel asgard, 200 years ago. These asgard DID find a solution to the genetic problem, but, did need to keep the current bodys. They got help from the furlings, who apparently lived on the planet as well, on the other side. they met each other, and so on. They are requesting to copy the Database the Last Asgard gave to the appolo, so they can build up an armada... They want to whipe out the Wraith. In the meantime, the stargate satalite (which wasnt there anymore in the beginning of this episode) dropped out of hyperspace, targating the appolo. Before it could activate, its destroyed by a furling ship. Now learning there are replicators in this galaxy, the asgard and furlings changes their mind abit... they want to destroy the replicator home planet first. (low frequent tune, ending the episode) "to be continued"

Sicktem
March 18th, 2007, 07:17 AM
If they're not going to trust other countries with technology (which is rightfully theirs according to the agreement that was made) they're certainly not going to trust some Humans living on another planet (the IOA would freak over that). There's going to have to be something in it for them in order for them to do anything and by that I do not mean people willing to fight with Earth's technology.

Overall, there's nobody you can trust more than the member countries of the IOA. They are already getting all the information and knowledge out of Atlantis and with it their scientists will eventually be able to create some advanced tech. Also, anything useful that they get from the Stargate program in general will go straight to the front line since they are in the middle of fighting a war on two fronts and they know full well that they cannot afford to screw up by fighting amongst themselves (even if they do the U.S. still has an edge by lording Odyssey over anything that is currently buildable). Further more, all of this stuff is expensive and you are not going to go through the process of creating it just to sell it right after. You'd wait years until something new came along and even then so what? Some country gets beaming technology and people are forced to put jamming technology in sensitive areas? That's a side effect of progress and it's foolish to try to prevent that from happening especially when it could mean your demise. Regardless, it's only a matter of time before they can't take anymore of the U.S. not fully honoring its agreement and they start making threats (such as threatening to make the Stargate program public or taking control of the Ancient outpost) until they get what they deserve. Russia already made such a play and they got what they wanted even though it was short lived so it or other countries being able to build their own 304s isn't such a leap. If anything I think they've been slowly working up to it, but they keep holding back a little so as not to make Earth too powerful too quickly.

J_B
March 18th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Not necessarily:

Those are three questions with an answer being 'Sshhhh'. So which question is that answer in relation to? Is it to the sister city? Or based on similar/same technology? Or the fact that it would be revealed in a future episode?

Therefore, we can't really rely on what Joe's blog said in that regard unless its outright stated. You might be reading too much into that response.

And yeah I also disagree that Earth now matches the Nox regardless of the fact that they are pacifists. Not saying that Earth is crap or whatever but i think saying that Earth is more advanced then the Nox would be quite a bit of arrogance on Earths part.

Actually they aren't 3 questions, they are 2 possibilities as to what the city is, while the 3rd option was asking if he couldn't say anything if they planned to elaborate on it further at some point in future.

Poss 1 is that it is an Ancient city, while 2 is that it is based on the same tech. 1 would be the Ancients built a city, either those that stayed in the MW & died out from the plague, while it could have been built by retuning Lanteans from Pegasus, who later ascended. The Nox come across it & decide that who better to use it that them.

Poss 2 is that it is based on the same technology, meaning that the Ancients in the time of the alliance, perhaps gave them the knowledge, tech, schematics or whatever to build themselves one. Much like the Asgard with the 304's with the shields, hyperdrives, beaming tech etc.

Those 2 options are pretty much one in the same, as the technology & knowledge is Ancient.

So in regards to the answer: He said 'Shhhh' as in be quiet, it's a secret, don't tell anyone.

Next take into account the fact that the Nox have only appeared in 1 significant ep in the space of 10 years ('The Nox' s01e07). The other 2 were brief appearances by Lya. 1 in 'Enigma' s01e16', while the last was in 'Pretense' s03e15'. Hardly major players worth having secrets about in the Stargate world.

Therefore what's the big secret in the fact that the Nox are living in a huge flying city. It's not like JM doesn't want to spoil the fact for anyone who hasn't seen S1 of SG-1 yet that they are. It's not like people can't see that they live in one because it showed you the image of it in the episode. That ep aired in 97, while JM posted his response in 2006. A full 9 years later!

Obviously nothing I say will make you look ai it any differently anyhow, so I ain't even gonna try. However if you look at the context of what was asked & what the reply was. Then take into consideration when the original event occured, 9 years earlier with a race that only had 1 proper ep in the history of SG-1. Then there is no doubt that it's an Ancient city they are living in.

There is no secret to the fact they live in a flying city because it showed you the thing at the end of the episode. Was the Nox city built by themselves - Yes. Is it Ancient - No. Is the tech similar to that of an Ancient city - No. How hard would that be, no need to be secretive about something that happened in the very 1st season of the show because the Nox have never been a big part of the show & the city thing will most likely never be followed up upon. Asked is it an Ancient city, or based on similar tech to that of an Ancient city, he responds 'Shhhh'. Kinda tells you everything you need to know about it's origins! :cool:

freyr's mother
March 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome to see 300 Satedans fight against one millions of wraith ? :ronan:

Personally, I'd rather see 300 of the Halo Spartans as described in the books against 10 million wraith.

If they're not going to trust other countries with technology (which is rightfully theirs according to the agreement that was made) they're certainly not going to trust some Humans living on another planet (the IOA would freak over that). There's going to have to be something in it for them in order for them to do anything and by that I do not mean people willing to fight with Earth's technology.

We wouldnt flat out give them their most advanced tech. We'd do the exact same thing as the asgard did. Give them shields and weapons inferior to ours, but superior to the ones their enemies have. We prolly wouldnt give them weapons because all we've got is that single beam weapon the asgard fitted on the Odyssey which we cant even replicate yet. We prolly wouldnt give them beaming technology. Or if we did give them beaming technology it would be limited meaning they cant target anything on earth they would have to call us up and request us to beam them to someplace on our planet. Or we could give them one of our people to supervise the use of the beaming technology.

Here's what we'd give them:

- Asgard Hyperdrive
- Asgard shields (pre-Unending)
- Power source
- Nukes
- Limited Beaming tech
- Navigation systems
- Sublight systems
- Inertial dampners
- Communications
- Sensors
- Radar
- Electronic warfare
- Railguns

Am I missing anything?

cleday
March 20th, 2007, 02:57 AM

The Serrakin has good spaceships and all... but they have fallen to the will of the Ori :s

cleday
March 20th, 2007, 03:00 AM
One problem 90 % of what you mentioned there is not ours. The NOX however did not borrow technology to the extent we did. Did they borrow from anyone? How can you say we can match the NOX? We haven't even seen what those people can do when they are pissed. I want to see how fast we can travel when LYA hides the Odyssey and beams the crew off the ship? Have you seen ENIGMA? LYA can dial the gate like an ascended being and can beam people thorugh it. I don't even want to know what their Flying City can do. The NOX were part of the Alliance because they evolved on their own and were superior in the Galaxy, not because someone passed on technology. I fully support the fact that the Tau'ri are and will remain inferior to the Asgard. I will change my mind when we will start to improve Asgard technology and create hybrids with ancient tech.

AND, the goverment didn't even make public the fact that they are capable of intergalactic travel... so we still have a long way to go

Gelasius
March 20th, 2007, 06:44 AM
well since we're in the pegasus galaxy and we're now the fifth race in the milky way galaxy we've really become what the ancients used to be. granted not on their lvl of evolution and tech yet, its just a matter of time before we assimilate the database in atlantis and integrate asgard technology. i really hope the writers don't do anything to destroy the great legacy of the asgard its bad enough they're not around anymore, maybe there will be a way to bring them back but highly doubtful.

Gelasius

oflyboy
March 20th, 2007, 10:39 AM
'Shhhh'. Kinda tells you everything you need to know about it's origins! :cool:

Actually it really doesn't.

Personally i think you are reading far to much into it. What about the posibility that he was joking or mucking around. Mallozzi had nothing to do with "The Nox" as an episode in Season 1, as he didn't even start on the show until Season 4. I doubt that there is any link between the Nox city and Atlantis. Atlantis itself is the only Ancient flying city that we have seen - as sign perhaps that it is not exactly a common thing (of course it could just be that we haven't seen many). What I mean to say is, you cannot jump to the conclusion that just because the writers/computer graphics team descide to have a hovering city in season 1 that it is related to a flying city in a seperate show 7 seasons later.

Flying/hovering cities are rife in sci-fi. I personally don't find it all that odd that the team should want to put on in the show. So they put one in the show in season one - they didn't even think they were going to get a second series then let alone a spin off show - and then they put one in the spin off show later... I see no reason why their city would be of Ancient design.

One route you could try and go down is that its Ancient design because the Ancients seeded life in the Milky Way and therefore the Nox got their idea of flying/hovering cities from them, etc...

marty2006
March 20th, 2007, 11:02 AM
TPTB have already stated that theres going to be a new race that we will ally with in season 4 of atlantis. Also people please please please start spelling ASGARD correctly, it was bad enough when they exsisted come on now show some respect lol.

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 20th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Actually they aren't 3 questions, they are 2 possibilities as to what the city is, while the 3rd option was asking if he couldn't say anything if they planned to elaborate on it further at some point in future.

Poss 1 is that it is an Ancient city, while 2 is that it is based on the same tech. 1 would be the Ancients built a city, either those that stayed in the MW & died out from the plague, while it could have been built by retuning Lanteans from Pegasus, who later ascended. The Nox come across it & decide that who better to use it that them.

Poss 2 is that it is based on the same technology, meaning that the Ancients in the time of the alliance, perhaps gave them the knowledge, tech, schematics or whatever to build themselves one. Much like the Asgard with the 304's with the shields, hyperdrives, beaming tech etc.

Those 2 options are pretty much one in the same, as the technology & knowledge is Ancient.

So in regards to the answer: He said 'Shhhh' as in be quiet, it's a secret, don't tell anyone.

Next take into account the fact that the Nox have only appeared in 1 significant ep in the space of 10 years ('The Nox' s01e07). The other 2 were brief appearances by Lya. 1 in 'Enigma' s01e16', while the last was in 'Pretense' s03e15'. Hardly major players worth having secrets about in the Stargate world.

Therefore what's the big secret in the fact that the Nox are living in a huge flying city. It's not like JM doesn't want to spoil the fact for anyone who hasn't seen S1 of SG-1 yet that they are. It's not like people can't see that they live in one because it showed you the image of it in the episode. That ep aired in 97, while JM posted his response in 2006. A full 9 years later!

Obviously nothing I say will make you look ai it any differently anyhow, so I ain't even gonna try. However if you look at the context of what was asked & what the reply was. Then take into consideration when the original event occured, 9 years earlier with a race that only had 1 proper ep in the history of SG-1. Then there is no doubt that it's an Ancient city they are living in.

There is no secret to the fact they live in a flying city because it showed you the thing at the end of the episode. Was the Nox city built by themselves - Yes. Is it Ancient - No. Is the tech similar to that of an Ancient city - No. How hard would that be, no need to be secretive about something that happened in the very 1st season of the show because the Nox have never been a big part of the show & the city thing will most likely never be followed up upon. Asked is it an Ancient city, or based on similar tech to that of an Ancient city, he responds 'Shhhh'. Kinda tells you everything you need to know about it's origins! :cool:

Just a difference in opinion really since to me the questions on JM blog were like me asking someone 'Is it black? or white? Or a combination of both?' with an answer from the other person being 'Shhh'. To me its a bit uncertain but thats me personally. Not trying to convert you to this view (even though as a Prior I feel obligated to do so :P) but just saying it.

But I respect your view even if I don't agree with it.

Jimbo-DR
March 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Personally, I'd rather see 300 of the Halo Spartans as described in the books against 10 million wraith.

We wouldnt flat out give them their most advanced tech. We'd do the exact same thing as the asgard did. Give them shields and weapons inferior to ours, but superior to the ones their enemies have. We prolly wouldnt give them weapons because all we've got is that single beam weapon the asgard fitted on the Odyssey which we cant even replicate yet. We prolly wouldnt give them beaming technology. Or if we did give them beaming technology it would be limited meaning they cant target anything on earth they would have to call us up and request us to beam them to someplace on our planet. Or we could give them one of our people to supervise the use of the beaming technology.

Here's what we'd give them:

- Asgard Hyperdrive
- Asgard shields (pre-Unending)
- Power source
- Nukes
- Limited Beaming tech
- Navigation systems
- Sublight systems
- Inertial dampners
- Communications
- Sensors
- Radar
- Electronic warfare
- Railguns

Am I missing anything?

Considering that we now have the Asgard database, I'm sure it won't be long before were pumping out Asgard weapons. The weapons on Odyssey are the most advanced ever developed, I'm sure we could give some less powerful ones to our allies to use.

I'm still advocating 303's with Asgard upgrades.

Raere
March 20th, 2007, 06:45 PM
We need the furry little critters to help us out.
Also, figure out a way to prevent technology given to other countries to be used offensively on Earth?

garhkal
March 20th, 2007, 11:26 PM
its just a matter of time before we assimilate the database in atlantis and integrate asgard technology.

Being that the Asgard had it for 10000 years, and barely touched the surface, i cannot really see us doing so faster.

HAL
March 21st, 2007, 04:15 AM
orbians would be the best bet they are more advanced than us tbh

we may have got advanced tech but it was given and we have yet to understand it :P

Give it to the orbians and in 15 years the entire pop would understand it

Ps just because we was given the tech doesnt mean we're advanced until we understand fully how it works and can improve on it we're no better than what we was before disclosure

jenks
March 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM
We have loads of allies.