• Time
  • Show
Clear All

We really need some allies SPOILERS FOR UNENDING

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

With the asgard giving us everything they know and have and giving us the title of the fifth race, we cannot possibly keep everything in check as the asgard did without outside help. To that end, we will need many allies, and i dont mean the jaffa because their motives can never be trusted. We need allies we can trust. At this point all that Atlantis has are enemies and one race of people whose actions are always in question. I believe we need to discover a race or nurture an existing one who is in good relations with earth or the atlantis expedition and slowly advance their society towards the point where they are capable of putting up a fight like we did before the asgard gave us all the high tech stuff and knowledge. Then this race will become our new apprentice race as we once were to the asgard. What do you guys think and or what would you suggest doing differently?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

What races could we nurture? Anyone got any ideas?

Do the Serrakin have good space ships? I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

I think they were wiped out or submitted to ori rule. Something is mentioned in counterstrike so i'll have to watch that again. But right now i've got to type up like 4 lab reports. At the moment im having a good time procrastinating.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Some possible races we could nurture are the races from or are:
        Poisioning the Well
        The Game
        The Reole
        Cure
        Momento
        Lifeboat
        The Galarans
        The Sodan (if they're still around)
        Bad Guys

Best Stargate quote:
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
          I think they were wiped out or submitted to ori rule. Something is mentioned in counterstrike so i'll have to watch that again. But right now i've got to type up like 4 lab reports. At the moment im having a good time procrastinating.
          I always assumed (and hoped) they would be fine once the Ori followers are defeated.

Comment

I think the race from Inferno (Taranians?) would have been good.

But we should be seeing...

Spoiler:
            ...the new 'unpredictable wildcard race' in Atlantis s4, they could be allies

Comment

What races could we nurture? Anyone got any ideas?.
              furlings furlings furlings
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

Spoiler space

With the asgard giving us everything they know and have and giving us the title of the fifth race, we cannot possibly keep everything in check as the asgard did without outside help. To that end, we will need many allies, and i dont mean the jaffa because their motives can never be trusted. We need allies we can trust. At this point all that Atlantis has are enemies and one race of people whose actions are always in question. I believe we need to discover a race or nurture an existing one who is in good relations with earth or the atlantis expedition and slowly advance their society towards the point where they are capable of putting up a fight like we did before the asgard gave us all the high tech stuff and knowledge. Then this race will become our new apprentice race as we once were to the asgard. What do you guys think and or what would you suggest doing differently?

If anything with the new advanced knowledge & tech they don't need any outsider help. Especially a race that you have to train. If it had to be someone, then it's a race that's way more powerful than you. However that was only the Asgard & they are gone.

If you take on a less advanced race, then you'd need to give them ship tech etc because most of the big battles are fought in space these days. Therefore there is too great a risk of it being mis-used or taken by an enemy.

Earth has billions of people, so it's not like they are short of numbers. All they need is a dozen 304's & they'll own the galaxy. Jaffa may have more ships, but their shields are crap. So if it takes around 6 shots for an Ori ship, then a single one should way be enough to blast a Ha'tak out of the stars.

Not to mention the Asgard were dying out, so they probably knew in S1 they would have to pass the torch over to someone. While Earth isn't dying out, so doesn't have that disability of not having much time left.

Comment

The races the SGA have encountered were very, very two dimensional. I wouldn't like it, if the Genii were nurtured. They would make such wonderful opponents but so far they would make the best test subjects. The Hoffans might also be interesting and there are of course the Athosians, who were already nurtured and kept safe.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

With the asgard giving us everything they know and have and giving us the title of the fifth race, we cannot possibly keep everything in check as the asgard did without outside help. To that end, we will need many allies, and i dont mean the jaffa because their motives can never be trusted. We need allies we can trust.
                    How about those Asgard protected worlds? With the little guys gone, they will need guidance... Earth could offer help. Therefore, we could start establishing a more unified human presence in the Milky Way. It would also be cool if Earth started building colonies on other worlds. Maybe even in the Asgard home galaxy... The Stargate program would have to be revealed, though. In the Pegasus galaxy, I guess we'll have to keep the Athosians as allies for now.
                    sigpic

Comment

How about Earth's Powers? Nothing stated ever implied that the Asgard population rivaled that of the Tau'ri (that I can recall).

The Nox could also be of help, as far as betterment as a species. Maybe the 3rd Race can co-op w/ the 5th. While overall the Tollan had a far greater scientific understanding than us, our acquired tech through the Asgard & Alterans boosts our tech ahead of even the Ori.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

They were taken out, as stated in line in the sand (iirc).. But we have the Cimmerians, the people we saved from that volcano (s2e19) and several others in the MW..

Lifeboat
                        They would be a good one, as they owe us big time!

The Sodan (if they're still around)
                        Nope they are not still around.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        How about those Asgard protected worlds? With the little guys gone, they will need guidance... Earth could offer help. Therefore, we could start establishing a more unified human presence in the Milky Way. It would also be cool if Earth started building colonies on other worlds. Maybe even in the Asgard home galaxy... The Stargate program would have to be revealed, though. In the Pegasus galaxy, I guess we'll have to keep the Athosians as allies for now.

I mentioned that on another thread... i would love to see if we took over for the Asguard from where they left off, but would we still keep them thinking the gods were there??

Comment

we do need a good ally but even with the knowleadge we are not uber powerfull first you need to understand what you build even when you have a complete guide book the speed to build ships will increase and i hope carters ship is a ship build with some of the help of the asguard knowleadge but not something of a big ship.

but ally's are needed but every race they encounter in the pegasus galaxy can't be trusted.

Comment

I say that we do need allies but we can't really trust anyone with our tech. We would have to act like the asgard have acted towards us. Help out every now and then but not give them any tech that they can keep, or use wiithout us being there.

This way we can mentor them as to our way of life, our values and the way we do things without having to worry about them destroying the galaxy with the tech we gave them.

For now I think we should concentrate on our own planet. Make the gate public knowledge, get each country to start building ships so that we can defend the protected planets, and any others that need our help. Consolidate our power and our understanding of the asgard tech, and then think about training another race.
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

What about the nox??? Yea there on netural terms but they can teach us alot, about there way of life and etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X