X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essenting Personall[spoiler][/spoiler]

Spoiler:
    why was telyla and ronan not beamed aboard the appolla with other not essential personal.....even by ronans own admission he is no good in suitations like that.........what service do they serve

Weir is a poor leader, and Sheppard thinks too much with his heart instead of his head. The only reason they stayed behind will of been because they are on his team.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Weir is a poor leader, and Sheppard thinks too much with his heart instead of his head. The only reason they stayed behind will of been because they are on his team.
      It is a good move, although I think jenks had it a bit simplified.

Spoiler:
      Because if they had fallen out of hyperspace when they were supposed to...Teyla would be the one helping with first contact and meeting the new people. Weir wouldn't be able to do that, because she'd be working on building contacts with Earth again. Ronon, just in case they would need him on the off world mission as they looked over the planet they landed on. And just in case the people weren't welcoming they had another shooter on board. Not to mention also because they're on Sheps team.

At the moment, it wouldn't matter because if they find a planet, Teyla would be needed to do her job, and Ronon his...which means Shep leads for a time being and stays on the base. No matter what, those two would be needed in the long run.

I just don't get how Chuck made the essential list. Mckay and Zelenka were enough to man, actually they were taking care of most of the controls. But Chuck was still there.
      Last edited by vaberella; 15 March 2007, 01:49 PM.
      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

My wishful assumption is that, in case of a dire emergency where they are somehow boarded/invaded, they have, who Sheppard feels, are his best fighting assets.

Comment

I'd say that Ronon and Teyla count as senior personnel. When they were beaming people up, they probably said "take everybody who isn't a senior personnel member."

... Maybe.

Comment

Simply put, they're regulars ...
            Spoiler:
            can't have them going with the non-essentials, where's the fun in that? They've got to be in peril with their team! But, yeah, in terms of story and stuff I can see how they'd be considered essential as they're part of Atlantis' flagship team and if things had gone according to plan their services may have been required.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
              Simply put, they're regulars ...
              Spoiler:
              can't have them going with the non-essentials, where's the fun in that? They've got to be in peril with their team! But, yeah, in terms of story and stuff I can see how they'd be considered essential as they're part of Atlantis' flagship team and if things had gone according to plan their services may have been required.
              Agreed. But still that doesn't explain Chuck? Further more,
              Spoiler:
              what do you guys think happened to the people who were near the drilling, were they beamed up or still on the planet? I thought they would be considered essential because they were helping with producing the power. So they would stay, but the base of drilling looked separate to the city-ship, so were they beamed after they gave the essential power, still down there, or were beamed up as non-essential?
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hopefully that drilling station could be made automated, since it was destroyed when Atlantis flew away.

Comment

Chuck? I'm not really sure how to explain Chuck. The actor was still around set? I dunno.
                  Spoiler:
                  I wouldn't have kept him on. Unless the thinking was that Rodeny and Zelenka would be occupied with other things and couldn't keep up with what was happening in the control room. Perhaps he was there for an in case of an emergency situation. *shrugs*

As for the drilling station peope, I'd imagine they were beamed away with the rest of the crew of Atlantis. They probably gave as much power as they could and were gone. One or two "essentials" might have stayed with a Jumper to rendezvous with the Apollo later after the station had given what it could. Because the station couldn't really help with a lot once Atlantis was lanuched, could it? So the people there would just be in danger if they were still down there once the city was gone, rather than essential or helping.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Working...
                  X