PDA

View Full Version : My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding

Ace
May 3rd, 2004, 09:04 PM
LOL I read the article on Gateworld and couldn't stop laughing at the working title of Christopher Judge's episode! ROFL

If it's anything like he other episodes it will certainly be worth watching! Here's to Teal'c and the wedding that will take place! :D

Ace

spg_1983
May 3rd, 2004, 09:29 PM
i think that is the greatest episode title ever!

tobias
May 3rd, 2004, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I love the episode title, too. It must have been Chris idea.

w1cket01
May 3rd, 2004, 10:55 PM
Hmm.. the title makes the episode sound VERY intriguing.

Darren
May 3rd, 2004, 11:03 PM
Very funny, but do remember that this was Chris' temp, working title. It's already been renamed, we just don't know what it is yet.

("48 Hours," for those who remember, had the working title of "Teal'c Interrupted." "Avenger 2.0" was once "Felger Gate Screw-Up." :) )

Ace
May 3rd, 2004, 11:21 PM
Very funny, but do remember that this was Chris' temp, working title. It's already been renamed, we just don't know what it is yet.

("48 Hours," for those who remember, had the working title of "Teal'c Interrupted." "Avenger 2.0" was once "Felger Gate Screw-Up." :) )

Ohh well sure, I love Chris Judge's sense of humor! The fact that he made that his working title was hilarious to me! :)

Ace

GateGipsy
May 4th, 2004, 03:15 AM
If you haven't already read the story on the GateWorld website, click HERE (http://www.gateworld.net/news/actorwatch.html#newsitem1083645552,21886,)

http://www.gateworld.net/graphics/clear.gif
Jolene Blalock to return to SG-1
MAY 4, 2004
http://www.gateworld.net/graphics/clear.gif
Actress Jolene Blalock will return to Stargate SG-1 in Season Eight, co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi told GateWorld.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/ishta.jpg

tara3583
May 4th, 2004, 03:27 AM
That's great news, i liked her and Teal'c together.

May 4th, 2004, 03:59 AM
That has to be the greatest title ever, even if it is just the working title! CJ has the best sense of humor! :D

thor39
May 4th, 2004, 07:00 AM
OMG :D :D :D

The title made me laugh myself to bits :)

Sarcazmo The Clown
May 4th, 2004, 07:36 AM
ROTFLMAO
Teal'c Interrupted? That's great! Very punny, though I think I like "Felger Gate Screw-up" the best!
Can't wait for My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding to air now...no matter what it will be called when it does.

tera'ngan
May 4th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Don't get me wrong on this, because I love Teal'c and I have enjoyed Chris' other episodes, but this one sounds like it has too much potential for cliche. Spoilers below:
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
A wedding and a funeral? The general assumption is that Teal'c and Ishta get married and Bra'tac dies. If that is the storyline, I''m afraid that has boring written all over it - which is something I won't usually say about an episode based solely on spoilers. So, instead of being pessimistic, I will say that I have faith that Chris will once again share with us an entertaining and meaningful story that is (at least somewhat) free of cliches. (Too sappy?)

tera'ngan

And the working title? Had me rollin'! :D

Tok'Ra Hostess
May 4th, 2004, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=GateGipsy]If you haven't already read the story on the GateWorld website, click HERE (http://www.gateworld.net/news/actorwatch.html#newsitem1083645552,21886,)

So, if I'm reading the spoilers correctly, Ishta and Bra'tac are gonna get married....

.... I wonder how Teal'c take that...?

;)

Anubis
May 4th, 2004, 08:41 AM
I doubt that Bra'tac and Ishta will get married. It is most likley to be Teal'c and Ishta. Leaving Bra'tac and Ry'ac in the frame of death. Sounds a strange but typical storyline. I guess we'll just have to wait to hear more

keshou
May 4th, 2004, 08:59 AM
My Big Fat Jaffa Wedding! :D :D

Egads, I love that title, I wish they could use it!

Hey, Rya'c is supposed to be back as well (according to the spoilers). I always thought it might be Rya'c getting married.

Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!).

GateGipsy
May 4th, 2004, 09:21 AM
I always thought it might be Rya'c getting married.
From the time that Chris Judge first talked about this, that's the same thought that I had. And I'm sure there has been interaction between the Jaffa and Istar's people, so what if Ryac and the young girl (sorry forget her name) get married?

bcmilco
May 4th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Or Maybe it's Rya'c getting married and Ishta dies?

Anubis
May 4th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Large amount of possibilites

tera'ngan
May 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Personally, I'm pushing for Ry'ac getting married. If somebody has to die, I would vote for Bra'tac or Ishta. NOT because I don't like either of them - I like them both. Just good drama.

Now, one OTHER possibility is Ry'ac gets married and then his new bride (unknown character) dies. Still morbid, but at least that would leave us with Bra'tac for a while longer.

I like the Ry'ac wedding thing, though. What's that other Jaffa's name - the one with the scar on his forehead instead of the mark? Maybe he could be getting married? I agree that I think the bride is going to come out of Ishta's clan.

-tera'ngan

Baal
May 4th, 2004, 11:38 AM
LOL, that’s hilarious! I can’t wait to see what Jaffa marriage is like too!

The scarred one is Rak'nor.

bcmilco
May 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM
I wonder if the rebel Jaffa went to live with Ishta's tribe after Death Knell?

IMO it would make sense and it would be a way of consolidating/uniting the Jaffa for the end of the show.

And what better way to unite two tribes then a wedding of two children... Rya'c and someone. :)

Mira
May 4th, 2004, 12:02 PM
With a title like that, it seems like it might be about culture clash, the only question is, which cultures?

Mira

Gateman
May 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM
I'm ready to watch anything written by CJ, anywhere; any time. :D

Teal'c
May 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I don't want Bra'tac to die! :( But if anyone's gonna write it, I want it to be Chris.

And as for tentative titles, Revisions was Bubble World for a bit, and Chimera was Black Widow Carter, and I think Lifeboat was Voices (ok, that one's not funny, but still! :P)

Andy867
May 4th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I personally am thinking that Teal'c will entertain the idea of inviting Ishta to a wedding, but that is not HIS wedding. I know that Teal'c and Ishta had a thing going, but Teal'c did lose his wife, and I highly doubt that Rya'c would go along with having a new stepmother, even though she represents all that Teal'c does.

DownFallAngel
May 4th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Chris has written to other episodes right? "The Changeling" and "Birthright", correct? Those two episodes were badass. And Ishta\Jolene is mad hot, so you know its gunna be awesome!

bcmilco
May 4th, 2004, 02:31 PM
He also wrote "The Warrior" :)

Josephine
May 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM
i keep seeing t'pol whenever i lookat ishta. :( maybe she'll marry rak'nor? it's just that we've neither seen nor heard hide nor hair of her and all the sudden teal'c and her are getting married??

i don't see it.

don't wanna see it....

bcmilco
May 4th, 2004, 04:31 PM
She was in s7 Birthright.

joshing123
May 5th, 2004, 11:40 AM
I don't see R'yac has having a problem with that.. He didn't seem to have a problem when his mother remarried after Teal'c went to Earth. I don't think the Jaffa view remarriage, especially after death, as a betrayal. At leastt the impression I get from other aspects of their culture.

joshing123
May 5th, 2004, 11:44 AM
It probably won't end up this way, but the working title makes me picture just a pratfall wedding full of screw ups and maybe some dramatic he almost doesn't make it because he went to work and got shot by Baal's Jaffa and Ishta's ready to kick his a$$, but he shows up at the last minute and all is happy stereotypical tv show. But I think CJ could do it well.

Although... given other spoilers I wonder if it is he & Ishta. I would like that, but it seems to me the man is getting around a bit too much in season 8 to be getting married.

Mira
May 5th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Why is it that Teal'c only seems to get dialogue when CJ writes an episode? I want more Teal'c!!!

Mira

Sarcazmo The Clown
May 5th, 2004, 07:17 PM
<<<I don't think the Jaffa view remarriage, especially after death, as a betrayal. At leastt the impression I get from other aspects of their culture.>>>

Of course..this would be a great time to explore that. Would Ry'ac feel Teal'c was betraying his mother in some way? You gotta remember that throughout the one where Drey'uac was remarried, Ry'ac was a bit out of sorts, you know being brain-washed and all. He was tought that his father was a traitor...and there wasn't much time to go into that aspect. Then the guy dies and there's no more step-dad, so *shrugs*. I'd love to see a few episodes that delve into the Jaffa society... I find it really interesting. Kind of the Klingons mixed with the US Marines, with a dash of Knights of the Round Table thrown in.
SPOILER SPACE...just in case S8
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
I really hope Bra'tac doesn't die... I like him. From what I heard, Teal'c gets his own place out in "the Real World", and I don't think Ishta is gonna go for pretending to be a normal human at all. I would be really nice to add some dimention to Ry'ac by letting him get married...kind of an ep where Teal'c realizes all he's missed by being away so much. All of a sudden, his son is getting married... he didn't even know the kid had a girlfriend (or whatever they call it). Plus, then Ry'ac would have something more to talk about than how he's just as good a warrior as Teal'c, and how it really sux that his father's never around much. (I'd love to hear him say "sux"..then cover by saying that it's something Col. O'Neill had said, or that he learned it from being around the Tou'ri warriors.)
As for who's gonna die... *shrugs* just as long as we don't fall into the "death of the season" trend they've got going lately.

Sarcazmo The Clown
May 5th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Why is it that Teal'c only seems to get dialogue when CJ writes an episode? I want more Teal'c!!!

Mira
It's cuz Chris knows what the character would say/ do, and he's been really pro-active in getting Teal'c more lines. Everybody else is happy just shrugging it off as "just the way it is". I think Chris gets bored just standing around, raising his eyebrow. (I'm only guessing, cuz I don't know the man, but from what I've seen, he's a very animated person. Like the poster-boy for adult ADD or something!)
Thank God for Chris' writing and acting talent! I love the episodes he's written. Instantly three of my favorite Stargate episodes.
(I want more Teal'c TOO!)

Otis
May 5th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I think Chris would like to see more activity with Jolene whether the two get married in the episode or not!

ecm101
May 5th, 2004, 09:16 PM
I think that Ry'ac getting married and .... Jacob Cater is going to bite it at the hands of Baal :(

auralan
May 10th, 2004, 06:03 PM
I'm really excited about this one. The working title is hysterical and I really hope they keep it. Ishta is my favorite character introduced in season 7 and I loved her interation with Teal'c. Jacob is my favorite character period. Chris' episodes are always great. Teal'c actually gets a real plot and more than three lines. We're also likely to get more insight into Jaffa culture -- which has been a sadly underdeveloped area. He brings something new and interesting to the table every time he writes an episode.

Finally, spoilers that make me giddy and are unlikely to disappoint in the execution. :D

Champos
May 10th, 2004, 08:59 PM
<< Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!). >>

What is it recently about women sci-fi characters going for the son of the guy they're expected to be with? Farscape did it with somebody and somebody's son (I can't remember names!) and then Angel did it with Cordelia and Connor, what's going on? And more importantly, how come none of these goregeous older women ever go for me??????

bcmilco
May 10th, 2004, 09:03 PM
<< Hey, maybe it's Rya'c and Isht'a getting married! (she throws Teal'c over for the younger man...LOL!). >>

What is it recently about women sci-fi characters going for the son of the guy they're expected to be with? Farscape did it with somebody and somebody's son (I can't remember names!) and then Angel did it with Cordelia and Connor, what's going on? And more importantly, how come none of these goregeous older women ever go for me??????

You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me? :p :D

Champos
May 10th, 2004, 09:04 PM
I think Chris would like to see more activity with Jolene whether the two get married in the episode or not!

You can't really blame him though, can you?

Champos
May 10th, 2004, 09:05 PM
<< You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me? >>

Good question, what about you?

bcmilco
May 10th, 2004, 11:03 PM
<< You, You, You, it's all about you... What about me? >>

Good question, what about you?

:p

What about me? *sputters* well... don't I get no lovin' too? :o

Champos
May 11th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Short answer: No. Long answer: If it comes down to me or you, no.