X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats gonna happen to hermoid ?

Spoiler:
    given the current asgard situation in unending with all the asgard mass killing themselves

what does that leave for hermoid and his wacky adventures on the daedalus

will he be still around

or

die like all the others
    sigpic

I suppose he
    Spoiler:
    has the same genetic degradation as the rest of them and will die a lingering death unless McKay or the new doc can figure out a way to preserve him
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Do we have to have to use spoiler tags if it says spoilers in the title?

Spoiler:
      He probably died. It would be a lot less dramatic if half of the asgard survived when they were researching/exploring/doing something else.

Comment

in 'unending' they mentioned that all the other ships are in the pegasus galaxy
        so hermoid must be still on the daedalus helping them without relising his brothers are all dead

poor him!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

They said their latest experiment with cloning gave them genetic diseases further to degredation, maybe Hermiod was in Pegasus when this happened?

Being obtamistic.
          Originally posted by G.B Shaw
          Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
          Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
          Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
          You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
          Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
          One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
          The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
          www.7-scales.co.uk
          http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

If Hermiod dies, this will throw my fanfic efforts way off! I've got to plan this out carefully.

----

1300 POSTS!!!
            Last edited by ussrelativity; 14 March 2007, 08:39 AM. Reason: Hit the 1300 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              If Hermiod dies, this will throw my fanfic efforts way off! I've got to plan this out carefully.

----

1300 POSTS!!!
              Just tell a different story or a parallel universe
              Originally posted by G.B Shaw
              Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
              Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
              Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
              You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
              Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
              One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
              You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
              The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
              www.7-scales.co.uk
              http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

I hope he's still in Atlantis. I'd think so since he's on the Daedy in Peggy.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  given the current asgard situation in unending with all the asgard mass killing themselves

will he be still around

or

die like all the others
                  WHAT?!
                  Spoiler:
                  I head the Asgard were dying in "Unending" but a mass killing? Suicide???

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    WHAT?!
                    Spoiler:
                    I head the Asgard were dying in "Unending" but a mass killing? Suicide???
                    Spoiler:
                    More like a mass euthenasia so they did not have to suffer through the worse effects of the degradation wich would have meant a long, painful death for the entire species

Comment

I dont really watch SGA but i HOPE Hermoid is ok and i also hope he can bring back his race...BRING BACK THOR!!!!!
                      "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
                      sigpic

Comment

in 'unending' they mentioned that all the other ships are in the pegasus galaxy
                        so hermoid must be still on the daedalus helping them without relising his brothers are all dead

poor him!!!!
                        WHAT? I didn't hear this in teh speech.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I imagine he returned home to his people and perished with the rest of them when they destroyed their planet in "Unending". That would explain why we haven't seen him in a while.

Comment

Spoiler:

will he be still around

or

die like all the others
                            I'm 100% sure that he'l still be around..........................As a Hologram
                            Last edited by VSHARMA; 17 March 2007, 04:20 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I`ll have to go with the 'he`s dead' camp.
                              Thor said the Asgard have been planning this for over a year - possibly the reason they put Hermiod aboard the Daedalus in the first place. Maybe he was their eyes and ears to see if we could really be trusted with all this technology they have given us.

We haven`t seen Hermiod for quite some time so I think he accomplished his recon mission and returned to Orilla to aid in the preparations and ultimately die with the rest of his race.

I don`t think that the mass suicide was just to spare themselves a long and painful death. The Asgard had to make sure that no one other than us could get their hands on Asgard tech and they probably were still a little worried as to what would happen if they just gave us a dozen O`Neill class ships with a user manual and sent us on our merry way.
                              Atleast this way we will still have to work to a certain extent to learn how the technology works and to learn how to develop and advanced it for ourselves.

Getting all of their technology in one place and destroying the planet was the only way to make absolutely sure that none of their technology would fall into the wrong hands. Might aswell kill two birds with one stone and blow themselves up along with their tech. End the Asgard race in one big bang.

I must admit the whole concept of the Asgard committing mass suicide seemed very strange to me and I wondered if it was just a quick way for TPTB to have a big dramatic event occur in the finale and to get us some much needed tech.
                              But after watching the episode twice and thinking more about it, it is the most coldly logical thing to do - and logical sums up the Asgard quite nicely.

So yeah, Hermiod dead, RIP the Asgard

Comment

Working...
                              X