PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy Quest Discussion/Appreciation

Randy_Watson
March 14th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Just watched Galaxy Quest again last night, I forgot how funny that movie is. I think my favorite line is by Guy when they are about to land on the planet to get the berilium(sp?) sphere:

"Wait, don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"

What are your favorite lines?

MB.Eddie
March 14th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Quiet a funny movie. Makes a lot of fun at the sci-fi genre. Good cast, and well preformed.

jds1982
March 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Can you make a rudimentary lathe?

dipsofjazz
March 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
:D Never give up, never surrender! *crosses fisted hand over chest in salute*

Morbo
March 14th, 2007, 09:13 AM
and it exploooded.

(great movie - highly underrated. also, props to sigourney weavers chest.)

Eye Of Ra
March 14th, 2007, 02:25 PM
You broke the ship you broke the bloody ship :)

Jarnin
March 14th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Gwen: "Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!"

Wordsmit2
March 14th, 2007, 08:58 PM

Yes! My favorite!

the fifth man
March 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM
What a great movie. I've laughed my a** off every time I've seen it.:D

AGateFan
March 15th, 2007, 01:08 AM
"oh darn" <<< just the way he delivered the line had me Rolling.

"miners not minors"

"Didnt you guys ever WATCH the show"
"Hey, guys? Th-there's a red thingy... moving toward the green thingy. I think we are the green thingy"

"Well, forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!"
"Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!" <<<<Oh btw before this when she says "well screw that"....yea she didnt say screw, read the lips.

"Maybe your the plucky comic releif, ever think of that? Ahahaha Besides I just had this really interesting idea..."
Guy: "Are you stoned?"

EDIT: Oh and if you guys get the DVD make sure to watch it in Thermian!
EDIT2: Sarris is just about one of my favorite bad guys ever. For a movie that was all about being cheesey his costum rocked as did the actor.

" You fool! You fail to realize that with your armor gone, my ship will tear through yours like tissue paper! "
"And what you fail to realize is that my ship is draging MINES"

Randy_Watson
March 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM

Love that one, most of the good lines are definatley by Guy or about Guy.

(great movie - highly underrated. also, props to sigourney weavers chest.)

Yeah, that is such a funny/fitting gag, especially the deleted scene when she puts the moves on the aliens.

"oh darn" <<< just the way he delivered the line had me Rolling.

Definately great as well.

I don't know why, but I also laugh everytime I see Dwight from The Office, he just looks so funny as an alien.

Pitry
March 16th, 2007, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=AGateFan;6444466
"Well, forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!"
"Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!" [/QUOTE]

You jsut stole mine! Damn you. ;)
TBH that entire scene with the fans' schematics of the spaceship was to die for. But a scene isn't a quote. :)

kmiller1610
March 16th, 2007, 12:38 PM
uhhh .... mmm .. it's a tv show ..... none of it is real...... to the disbelieving faces of the Aliens....

I thought this was mainly a send up of Trekkies and Kirk. A great and fun lampoon.......

Krisz
March 16th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I couldn't stop laughing throughout this film. It's just so wonderfully spot on about everything we love about all our Sci Fi shows.

I just loved the bit where they are watching the little alien miners coming out of the mine to eat and drink at the trough. When the crippled one comes out the others look to be helping and Gwen goes all aaaahhhh and wants to help too. She couldn't understand why everyone held her back telling her they might attack if they were seen. At that moment the aliens turn into vicious creatures with big teeth and eat the crippled one.

Alan Rickman was fantastic as the tired jaded old theatrical actor! With the shuddering induced by those immortal lines.........

"By Grabthaar's Hammer I will avenge thee!"

And Alan Rickman when all hell breaks loose on the Protector..."I'm going to find a pub!" Priceless!!

Biolizard
March 17th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Not so much a quote as in when they're going through the mines the first time and Guy hides under his console. Priceless :D

Snowflake
March 17th, 2007, 12:36 AM
loved this movie, only problem is I loved all the lines, I can't choose:(
Good selection though:D

TheGreatLordGeorge
March 17th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Good movie, but you have to be able to laugh at yourself, at first i thought itwas crude but I grew to like it

Jonas
March 17th, 2007, 08:04 PM
You don't hold the turbo down, it's for quick boosts!
Oh, like you know!

Enemy is matching velocity.
The enemy is matching velocity.
We heard it the first time.
Gosh, I'm doing it. I'm repeating the darn computer.

Where are you going with those fireworks?
Brandon: Well, the Protector got super-accelerated coming out of the black hole, and it, like, nailed the atmosphere at Mach 15, which, you guys know, is pretty unstable, obviously, so we're gonna help Laredo guide it on the vox ultra-frequency carrier and use Roman candles for visual confirmation.
Brandon's Mom: Uh, all right, dinner's at seven.
[Brandon exits. Mom turns to a dubious Dad]
Brandon's Mom: Well, he's outside.

Emeraldcity
March 18th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I adore this movie. It is hysterical from the opening right through the entire movie. Really well done.

Darkstar 2.0
March 22nd, 2007, 05:14 AM
Kinda thought this movie wasn't that well accepted, but then i found out that it did pretty well, nothing in that movie is ever to be taken seriously but all of it is so darn good, good special effects too :D

"Let me get this straight, first it turned inside out...then it exploded!?"

"Please hold"

lol

Mousie
March 22nd, 2007, 06:21 AM
It is a brilliant movie and there are so many good lines it would be impossible to list them all. It would probably be qicker to list the unfunny ones.

I love the scene when the engineer calls up to the bridge and says that the engines are going to explode. He just seem so bored and uninterested about the fact they are all going to die!

"Do you have to do that every time"
Gwae: "look, I have one damn job on this ship and by god i'm going to do it well"

"Why are there a load of choppy, crunchy things in the middle of the ship!"

AGateFan
March 22nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Heck yeah the SP were good. Sarris was one cool looking bad guy. And I dunno why but I really like the scene with the rock monster beamed into the room full of bad guys. Just the look on the face of the one lizzard guy with the cigar who was gambling cracks me up every time.

Some IMDB Galaxy quest trivia.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177789/trivia

Easter Lily
March 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
Great movie... better than I thought it would be.
I'm still surprised that I've only seen it once. Must get my hands on the DVD down the track.
Alan Rickman... what can I say... the man always brings something special to any thing he's in. Sigourney Weaver doing the bimbo thing was priceless.

In some ways, there's not a lot of difference between this and Trekkies. :P

PG15
March 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Well no, the big difference is that Trekkies is real.

REAL. Think about that. ;)

Wordsmit2
March 22nd, 2007, 10:11 PM
Kinda thought this movie wasn't that well accepted, but then i found out that it did pretty well

A few months after it came out, it was shown outside at a science fiction convention I attended. Passing convention-goers would just come to a stop and start watching. People kept asking "What movie is this?" Apparently a lot of people hadn't seen it, or had snubbed it. They loved it, and I kept hearing people talking about it the next day.

Karyyk
March 26th, 2007, 06:13 AM
"Give him a hand...he's British."

For some reason that line always cracks me up...

Emeraldcity
March 26th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Very funny story........ while at a Farscape convention a couple years ago, there also happened to a wedding in the hotel as well. The photographer walked up to a couple of fans in costume and asked what was going on. The fans told them and I heard the photographer ask if any of the cast were around. The fans turned around and said yes, and there is their agent (pointing at me). I asked the photographer what he was interested in, and he said he wanted to get pictures of the cast in their costumes...... I looked at him and said very nicely.......sir, this is not Galaxy Qwest. The cast do not dress up in costume......just the fans.......the photographer was no longer interested. We chatted a bit and he HONESTLY thought that at science fiction conventions, the cast dressed up as in Galaxy Qwest. I couldn't stop laughing............

Mamid
March 26th, 2007, 10:13 AM
GWEN: I have ONE job on this lousy ship. It's stupid, but I'm going to DO it. GOT IT?

I love that line!

Darkstar 2.0
March 27th, 2007, 02:24 AM
although it was a spoof of mostly if not all startrek it would be great to have a sequel or something to that movie.....without killing it, i think there would still be pleanty of great humour to be had.....along with some dry british wit and some cocky american gunho humour :D

I think the casting for that movie was excellent, without them I think they would not have gone so well, with some new characters and maybe a new bad guy or bad-gal, going off how well the original movie did i think a sequel would be just as good if done well.

I'd have to go with a female baddie, a bady and sexy female that tries to take over Earth, once again the cast are called up to save the day and the return of the Protector would be a nice welcome like when you see the return of the Enterprise in another movie and remember just how good it looked.

There are so many possibility with a sequel, the return of the old characters and the all famous teleporter along with expanding upon the Galaxy Quest universe by introducing new aliens and characters....just thinking out loud...oh well

panikin
March 28th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Hahah, the entire Galaxy Quest movie is hillarious! The characters and the actors who play them are stellar! I just like those pale alien guys who turn into octopuses sometimes. I just remember watching this movie in class in 7th grade, hahaha, good times

MechaThor
April 17th, 2007, 05:11 AM
GQ is such as great movie!

I liked it because i love sci fi, comedy and spoofs. I also liked it because at the time i hated Star Trek. Anyways i now that i actually like Star trek and so i like GQ even more

that Guy called "Guy" is great as the extra playing with the big boys.
Also that rock moster is cool. How it lives i don't know but its still cool. I think Stargate should have one to inspire that Golem (not LOTR style) myths

Trek_Girl42
April 17th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hehe, this is one of my favourite movies.....I love it when the countdown stops at one. :D

The entire cast was so wonderful, especially Alan Rickman- and this has to be the only good Tim Allen movie ever.

Randy_Watson
April 17th, 2007, 01:13 PM
The entire cast was so wonderful, especially Alan Rickman- and this has to be the only good Tim Allen movie ever.

I like the Toy Story movies allright.

Trek_Girl42
April 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I like the Toy Story movies allright.
Okay, three movies. Forgot that he was Buzz Lightyear. :P

Thunderstorm
April 21st, 2007, 03:57 PM
Gwen: "Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!"
My favorite line!!! :D

GWEN: I have ONE job on this lousy ship. It's stupid, but I'm going to DO it. GOT IT?

I love that line!
First time I've liked Sigourney Weaver in a movie.

Gwen: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...
Mathesar: Those poor people.

Alexander: You're just going to have to figure out what it wants. What is its motivation?
Jason: It's a rock monster. It doesn't have motivation.
Alexander: See, that's your problem, Jason. You were never serious about the craft.

Fred: Sorry, I was - door was a little sticky. Did you see that? I'll get one of my boys up here with a can of WD-40.

I loved Fred!!!

AGateFan
April 22nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Fred Rocks. Plucky comic releif Guy rocks. (I like how that random guy is named Guy).
They all rock even the kid who was the fan...heck even his mother (rolled her eyes just right).

Just a great movie.

katTheBird
April 23rd, 2007, 01:54 AM
*looks about in shame*

I'd forgotten about Galaxy Quest - going to go rent it this week and re-watch it now. I've seen it about 4 times and laughted so hard I almost wet myself each time!

Thunderstorm
October 25th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I was looking for something else and I came across this thread and I thought I'd revive it.

Still a great, hilarious movie.

A few quotes that haven't been listed

Jason Nesmith: Am I too late for Alexander's panic attack?

Announcer: It's... another ship mate! (introducing Guy)

Akamaimom
October 25th, 2010, 09:47 PM
One of my fave lines (and ones my friends and I use about each other):

"Does the rolling help?"

And:

"Well, that was a hell of a thing."

The greatest movie EVER made. It's my go-to movie when I need a pick-me up. The Blu-ray edition has a TON of extra stuff on it that is too cool. Including Sigourney Weaver rapping. It's priceless!

WingedPegasus
October 25th, 2010, 10:57 PM
LOL, I love this movie. :D It's so fantastically silly. :P

Ulkesh47
October 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM
By Grabthar's hammer, I love this movie.

Linda06
October 29th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I love the part when they come across the chompy things and Sigourney Weaver goes into a rant about why anyone would put it there :D

YsoL8
October 29th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Scraping down the side of Spacedock as they leave was great for the looks on everyone's faces. Is it just me or is the Ent: broken bow scene based on this? The angles are very similiar :)

Sp!der
October 30th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I just watched it with a friend again last night, laughed so hard like its been a long time ago.. I love Tim Allen and I believe its his finest movie.

the fifth man
October 30th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I just watched it with a friend again last night, laughed so hard like its been a long time ago.. I love Tim Allen and I believe its his finest movie.

Definitely one of his finest. Such a funny movie.

Morbo
October 31st, 2010, 01:10 PM
I love the part when they come across the chompy things and Sigourney Weaver goes into a rant about why anyone would put it there :D

best part is when you can CLEARLY see on the movie that her lips say "F--- this!" but the audio says "Screw this" when they first see the chompers.
hilarious, wish they'd left in the original line.

Briangate78
October 31st, 2010, 01:21 PM
I hate you guys! :p

Now I have to go out and buy this movie to see it again.

Yes, I loved this movie.

Linda06
November 1st, 2010, 07:47 AM
best part is when you can CLEARLY see on the movie that her lips say "F--- this!" but the audio says "Screw this" when they first see the chompers.
hilarious, wish they'd left in the original line.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. It's been a while since I last saw it.

MIZA
November 1st, 2010, 02:14 PM
oh yeah it is a great movie, Many actors love it too it reminds them of the fans

Puddle-Jumper
November 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
I love that film alright... Can't remember any favourite lines though

Thunderstorm
November 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM

That's one of my favorite scenes too!

some more great quotes

Gwen DeMarco: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...

Fred Kwan: Hey, Commander. Listen, we found some beryllium on a nearby planet. And we might be able to get there if we reconfigure the solar matrix in parallel for endothermic propulsion. What'd'ya think?
Jason Nesmith: We'll do that!
Guy Fleegman: All right!
Fred Kwan: [to his engineering team] That's right again. That's... come on, group hug.

Morgania
November 4th, 2010, 08:16 AM
"Never give up... never surrender".

I think I saw this movie the first time on TV. I liked it better the second time.

Linda06
November 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
That's one of my favorite scenes too!

some more great quotes

Gwen DeMarco: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...

Fred Kwan: Hey, Commander. Listen, we found some beryllium on a nearby planet. And we might be able to get there if we reconfigure the solar matrix in parallel for endothermic propulsion. What'd'ya think?
Jason Nesmith: We'll do that!
Guy Fleegman: All right!
Fred Kwan: [to his engineering team] That's right again. That's... come on, group hug.

There are so many great lines in this movie :D

I also liked the bit where Tim Allen (can't remember his characters name :p) was down on the planet with the rock monster and one of them says "go for it's weak spot" and Timm Allen shouts "IT'S A ROCK, IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY WEAK SPOTS" :lol: I can't remember the exact wording in this scene :p

Cairistiona
November 4th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I absolutely love this movie. Watched it in cinema and bought the DVD. Everytime when I'm standing before my DVDs and don't know which one to watch I choose this one. I think I have no fav lines, I like them all. Just thinking of this movie puts a big grin on my face :D:D:D

Morgania
November 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Sir Alexander Dane: Could they be the miners?
Fred Kwan: Sure, they're like three years old.
Sir Alexander Dane: MINERS, not MINORS.
Fred Kwan: You lost me.

Linda06
November 4th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Sir Alexander Dane: Could they be the miners?
Fred Kwan: Sure, they're like three years old.
Sir Alexander Dane: MINERS, not MINORS.
Fred Kwan: You lost me.

:lol: I actually lol'd :p I had to watch it a couple of times cause I missed some parts first time round with laughing so much :D

Briangate78
November 6th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Well you all did it now!

I went out and bought it on Blu-ray.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER! :p

Morgania
November 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I must rent this movie soon.

Cairistiona
November 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I think I'll watch it this evening, there's nothing interesting on TV. And I haven't seen it for a long time...

Briangate78
November 7th, 2010, 08:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2uSewAdIU

Linda06
November 7th, 2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2uSewAdIU

http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/action/sc_347.gif

Briangate78
November 7th, 2010, 10:11 AM
"You broke the ship, you broke the bloody ship"

"Where are you going?"
"To find a pub!"

"Are we there yet"

"You were holding upside down"
"Shut up"

LOL, Alan Rickman who is usually a serious actor, was just hilarious with his one-liners

Linda06
November 7th, 2010, 11:08 AM

"Where are you going?"
"To find a pub!"

"Are we there yet"

"Shut up"

LOL, Alan Rickman who is usually a serious actor, was just hilarious with his one-liners

Some of his one liners were indeed hilarious :p And who knew Sigourney Weaver could pull off comedy :D

Briangate78
November 7th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Some of his one liners were indeed hilarious :p And who knew Sigourney Weaver could pull off comedy :D

LOL, it is just one of those underrated movies.

Thunderstorm
November 7th, 2010, 02:47 PM

He does great dry comedy. He was great as the Sherriff in Robin Hood (the one with Kevin Costner). And perfect as Marvin - the only good thing in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy movie.

leksa
November 9th, 2010, 10:11 AM
hehehehehe, I fully concur!

"Where are you going?"
"To find a pub!"

"Are we there yet"

"Shut up"