Galaxy Quest Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Quest Discussion/Appreciation

Just watched Galaxy Quest again last night, I forgot how funny that movie is. I think my favorite line is by Guy when they are about to land on the planet to get the berilium(sp?) sphere:

"Wait, don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"

What are your favorite lines?

Quiet a funny movie. Makes a lot of fun at the sci-fi genre. Good cast, and well preformed.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Can you make a rudimentary lathe?
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Never give up, never surrender! *crosses fisted hand over chest in salute*
        sigpic

Comment

and it exploooded.

(great movie - highly underrated. also, props to sigourney weavers chest.)

Comment

You broke the ship you broke the bloody ship
            sigpic

Comment

Gwen: "Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!"
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                Yes! My favorite!
                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

What a great movie. I've laughed my a** off every time I've seen it.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

"oh darn" <<< just the way he delivered the line had me Rolling.

"miners not minors"

"Didnt you guys ever WATCH the show"
                    "Hey, guys? Th-there's a red thingy... moving toward the green thingy. I think we are the green thingy"

"Well, forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!"
                    "Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!" <<<<Oh btw before this when she says "well screw that"....yea she didnt say screw, read the lips.

"Maybe your the plucky comic releif, ever think of that? Ahahaha Besides I just had this really interesting idea..."
                    Guy: "Are you stoned?"

EDIT: Oh and if you guys get the DVD make sure to watch it in Thermian!
                    EDIT2: Sarris is just about one of my favorite bad guys ever. For a movie that was all about being cheesey his costum rocked as did the actor.

" You fool! You fail to realize that with your armor gone, my ship will tear through yours like tissue paper! "
                    "And what you fail to realize is that my ship is draging MINES"
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Love that one, most of the good lines are definatley by Guy or about Guy.

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      (great movie - highly underrated. also, props to sigourney weavers chest.)
                      Yeah, that is such a funny/fitting gag, especially the deleted scene when she puts the moves on the aliens.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                      "oh darn" <<< just the way he delivered the line had me Rolling.
                      Definately great as well.

I don't know why, but I also laugh everytime I see Dwight from The Office, he just looks so funny as an alien.

Comment

[QUOTE=AGateFan;6444466
                        "Well, forget it! I'm not doing it! This episode was badly written!"
                        "Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!" [/QUOTE]

You jsut stole mine! Damn you.
                        TBH that entire scene with the fans' schematics of the spaceship was to die for. But a scene isn't a quote.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

uhhh .... mmm .. it's a tv show ..... none of it is real...... to the disbelieving faces of the Aliens....

I thought this was mainly a send up of Trekkies and Kirk. A great and fun lampoon.......

Comment

I couldn't stop laughing throughout this film. It's just so wonderfully spot on about everything we love about all our Sci Fi shows.

I just loved the bit where they are watching the little alien miners coming out of the mine to eat and drink at the trough. When the crippled one comes out the others look to be helping and Gwen goes all aaaahhhh and wants to help too. She couldn't understand why everyone held her back telling her they might attack if they were seen. At that moment the aliens turn into vicious creatures with big teeth and eat the crippled one.

Alan Rickman was fantastic as the tired jaded old theatrical actor! With the shuddering induced by those immortal lines.........

"By Grabthaar's Hammer I will avenge thee!"

And Alan Rickman when all hell breaks loose on the Protector..."I'm going to find a pub!" Priceless!!

Comment

Not so much a quote as in when they're going through the mines the first time and Guy hides under his console. Priceless

Comment

Working...
                              X