Continuity Problem - WARNING! MAJOR SPOILER FOR SG-1' UNENDING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuity Problem - WARNING! MAJOR SPOILER FOR SG-1' UNENDING

Since the Asgards (including !) are in more than one point in the series....

MAJOR Spoiler ahead.... continue at your own risk!

Spoiler:

In Unending, the Asgards
    a) give all their techs to SG-1
    b) Die

What will be the position taken by Horizon? I know that a great amount of effort went into avoiding possible conflicts with SG-1 and Atlantis, but this seem to be an unreconciable divergence point in continuity.

Originally posted by jmm View Post
    What will be the position taken by Horizon? I know that a great amount of effort went into avoiding possible conflicts with SG-1 and Atlantis, but this seem to be an unreconciable divergence point in continuity.
    It was always clear that ultimately there would be things that wouldn't fit together, at the very latest once SG-1 and Atlantis would reach the time that Horizon takes place.

So basically you can view Horizon as a slightly alternate universe, in which some details may be a little different depending on the time certain episodes were written.

What does this mean for the future?

We'll continue to avoid continuity differences as much as we can. But at the same time, this also makes things a little easier. With acknowledging that it's a slightly alternate universe, the chances of being able to have characters from SG-1 and Atlantis make an appearance on Horizon are a lot greater.

So ultimiately this doesn't change things. The only thing it ultmiately does is offer us some more freedom. But at the same time, we'll of course always be very careful to make it fit to what information we have at the time the episodes are written.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Mike Coakley and I have been talking about doing a script for a different season 10 SG-1 finale that could lead into the Horizon/Destiny universe.

Comment

you guys should do that i would like to see your guys' version of the series finale of sg1

Comment

Yeah, you should definitely do that, It would cover you for any further major changes to the basic Stargate Universe that occur from now on (Including in Atlantis)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
            Mike Coakley and I have been talking about doing a script for a different season 10 SG-1 finale that could lead into the Horizon/Destiny universe.
            That's a brilliant Idea!!
            Do it. I can see it now

"Stargate: Unending Horizon" the VS movie/SG-1 final
            [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
            HARRIMAN
            I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
            [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
            HARRIMAN
            So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Well, it wouldn't be written exclusively for Horizon... just as a launch point for any SGVS that would maintain the continuity that had been held up to 1019. For Horizon and Destiny, primarily.

Comment

Maybe you guys could bend continuity rather than break it. There are a few ways that come to mind:
                1. A copy of the consciousnesses of all of the Asgard were compressed into the Asgard Computer Core. Sometime in the future Sam/Rodney realize this, and are later able to clone them into superior bodies using Lantean tech.
                2. Centuries ago an Asgard expedition left on a mission of exploration in an Asgard CityShip. They were long thought to be dead. Shepp's team discovers the ship, and finds out why they didn't/couldn't return.
                3. Morgan LeFay broke the rules, and Ascended her old friends, the Asgard. Maybe even incorporate an old romantic relationship between her & Thor (when he still had his "boy-parts"). The Asgard later retake corporeal form to help Earth battle a future enemy.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  Maybe you guys could bend continuity rather than break it. There are a few ways that come to mind:
                  1. A copy of the consciousnesses of all of the Asgard were compressed into the Asgard Computer Core. Sometime in the future Sam/Rodney realize this, and are later able to clone them into superior bodies using Lantean tech.
                  2. Centuries ago an Asgard expedition left on a mission of exploration in an Asgard CityShip. They were long thought to be dead. Shepp's team discovers the ship, and finds out why they didn't/couldn't return.
                  3. Morgan LeFay broke the rules, and Ascended her old friends, the Asgard. Maybe even incorporate an old romantic relationship between her & Thor (when he still had his "boy-parts"). The Asgard later retake corporeal form to help Earth battle a future enemy.
                  Those are some interesting suggestions, and I don't see why it shouldn't work. But in all honesty, we'll probably not be worrying too much about it, and much rather leave it to the imagination of the fans to decide what exactly happened.

Or perhaps at some point, someone might be interested in doing a virtual Stargate movie, which includes the return of the Asgard. Could work perhaps. Can't say for sure, because I haven't seen "Unending" yet.
                  Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    Or
                    4. Taking a cue from Moebius; use a Time Puddle Jumple and get an alternate universe.
                    5. By contacting the Nox, they get their old allies back with some of their advanced knowledge. Wil work too by introducing the Furlings and using them instead of the Nox.
                    6. Wait until movie #3 or Series #3 and hope from some sort of 'revival'

Or...
                    Just let the Asgard go. I remember there was talk a time ago about rewriting/editing the first episodes (or at least the pilot)...

Or...
                    Just let it go...

Or...
                    I'll just shut up!

Comment

when are you guys going to start working on this episode if you do it?

Comment

im assuming the Valiant will get super powerful asgard ray guns and super special shields =]

Comment

If we do end up redoing a Horizon continuity finale to SG-1, it would probably be after season three has wrapped up production. This is the time of year where the schedule gets pretty tight, and so far we've been sticking, for the first time, to our word that 3.10-3.24 will run without breaks.

If we learn anything solid on it, we'll let ya know.
                          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan
                          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I'll do you all one better...

Cover up!!!!

McKay: Crap.
                            Hermiod: What did you do?
                            McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
                            Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X