PDA

View Full Version : Some info on "Trial by Fire"

Alex Rubit
March 12th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thought I'd through out some minor little pieces of info on this week's episode, which has been renamed just recently to "Trial by Fire".

The episode brings back something that hasn't been mentioned in some time -- Dissipation Weapons. That being those devious weapons that played a large part in having started the Vorian/Kih'Andari war.
The episode is considered a very strong character piece. Some great developments between Sivea and Christine. Some more of Grant's backstory is revealed.
The episode kicks off a series of stand-alone stories before the seven episode arc that will conclude the season.
Somewhat reminiscent to an SG-1 episode of Season Four.And here's some short dialogue clips. I was feeling generous today. ;)

KRA'VIC
So -- I take it things haven't always
been easy for you lately. I heard about
Ma'kin... How's he doing?

We spot some concern in Callen's features now.

CALLEN
He's still stationed on Tenari. Fortunately
he's doing well, but... suffice to say I'd
rather have him here with me.

KRA'VIC
That's understandable.

Kra'vic now takes on a serious manner, as he's starting to get down to business.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

CHASE'S RADIO VOICE
Major Reynolds to Commander Ve'nal.

Sivea hits her radio.

SIVEA
Please tell me you have some good news, Major.

CHASE'S RADIO VOICE
Well -- it sort of depends how you look at it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

GRANT
(to Callen)
Well, I was just talking to Chuck. If this
experiment turns out successfully, he's
volunteered to host a party down in the mess hall.

Callen smiles at that.

CALLEN
That sounds good to me.

GRANT
(a wry smile)
Says his are the best on both Earth and Vorian.

Both men smile at that. And then the
Vorian Technician reacts to his console --

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 12th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Erm, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this in the Destiny thread, but "Trial by Fire" is the title of ep 202 of Destiny. I think that might get confusing.

Alex Rubit
March 13th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Erm, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this in the Destiny thread, but "Trial by Fire" is the title of ep 202 of Destiny. I think that might get confusing.

I've been thinking about that. It didn't occur to me at first. But then again, both Destiny and Horizon have an episode called "Providence." So I really don't think that would be too much of a problem actually.

If there was another title that would fit this episode, we'd probably use it.

Col.Foley
March 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
And besidesw wasn't trail by fire wasn't the original title. It was originally Adrift, wasn't it?

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 13th, 2007, 01:41 PM
"Death's Chariot," actually.

Col.Foley
March 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM
"Death's Chariot," actually.
Thanks.

Alex Rubit
March 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yup. It went from "Death's Chariot" to "Adrift," and finally -- less than two weeks ago actually -- it became "Trial by Fire."

Elite Anubis Guard
March 16th, 2007, 02:06 AM
I don't think it really matters with titles, Trial by Fire was also the title of the premiere SG1 novel.