This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly fake spoilers for "Adrift" and "Lifeline"

I am on Wikipedia and several times now, anon users have submitted summaries like:

"McKay dies saving Atlantis" for Adrift

and

"After dying in "Adrift", McKay is brought back to life using Ancient technology and is missing the "spark of life/soul" that normal people have". Of course, I think this is fake but it has been submitted several times now and always referenced as being stated in a "German TV interview".

So, is this fake or was there any German TV interview at all?

I just find it ominous that is has been submitted numerous times, vandalism is usually different every time.

Vala,

I think that's a valid plot. The producers may wish to lead the audience into believing that Dr. McKay is killed off in the season premiere. Season finales and premieres is usually when a character is written out of a TV series, so that may be what they're aiming for. Then, in the next episode, they have McKay come back to life for a character arc where he has to regain his passion for life, I guess you could call it.

Comment

If the people who are stating this on Wikipedia aren't citing their references, considered it rumor.

I just checked Wikipedia, and I'm not seeing what you're talking about... Could you provide a link?
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

so if mackay dies and then returns without a spark he would be a asguard those guys have no emotions a spark or passion

Comment

Here is the "Adrift" page:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=105388776

And the "Lifeline" page:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=105442427
          http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=106888996

The edits were undone but you can still view them in the edit history.

They are credited as being stated in a "German TV interview" but no link is given. I did an IP trace and found that the person(s) who submitted this live in Germany.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post

and

"After dying in "Adrift", McKay is brought back to life using Ancient technology and is missing the "spark of life/soul" that normal people have". Of course, I think this is fake but it has been submitted several times now and always referenced as being stated in a "German TV interview".
            Well hopefully it is a fake because I dont want to see McKay die
            sigpic

Comment

personally, i consider wiki to be totally useless unless they give their source. anyone can make up anything thus it's nothing more than baseless rumors until a responsible source says otherwise
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                Well hopefully it is a fake because I dont want to see McKay die
                ... or miss the "spark of life/soul" that normal people have. If this is true, someone is really sabotaging the show.
                sigpic

Comment

Heh, they should supply big old bags of salt alongside wiki so everyone could take a big old pinch when reading stuff posted there...

Until there are sources, I take everything on wiki as hearsay and rumour.
                  I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                  Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

I normally don't believe the stuff submitted there like that but the fact that it was submitted more than once by different people makes me wonder.

And to any Germans out there, was ther even any Stargate TV interview in Germany?

Vala,

Comment

I normally don't believe the stuff submitted there like that but the fact that it was submitted more than once by different people makes me wonder.

And to any Germans out there, was ther even any Stargate TV interview in Germany?

Vala,
                      Lol, Germany is a pretty big place you know!

It could have been via on online site such as SG-P. It could have been in a newspaper, magazine or tv show etc.

Therefore I could say to any Americans our Canadians out there. Was there this interview ot that. Being that there are many outlets in various cities, then a lot will have no idea.

Hence, if there was in interview in Munich, then someone from another part of the country would have no idea especially if it was on a local station etc.

Comment

I wouldn't trust this unless the source is identified more specifically -- "so-and-so said this on program X aired by network Y on DATE."
                        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I call BS on this.

Comment

You never know. I hear crazy spoilers about the Ori before season 9 aired that turned out to be true, at least to some degree.

I heard something about the Ori having planet sized gates, I didn't believe it but it turned out to be ship sized gates.

Vala,

Comment

I am on Wikipedia and several times now, anon users have submitted summaries like:

and

So, is this fake or was there any German TV interview at all?

I just find it ominous that is has been submitted numerous times, vandalism is usually different every time.

Vala,
                              Uh, I don't trust Wikipedia. I always verify on another source first. It's too easy for people to vandalize.

Comment

Working...
                              X