This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ancient hologram in episode 1.

the voice of the hologram had overtones, albeit less sinister, than gould types.

I would presume that mighty ancient technology could at least replicate a voice accurately rather than sounding it was spoken through a tin can...

...so maybe thats how ancients really sounded like?

No, it was a recording. Therefore, it sounded like a recording.

Comment

Not to mention they were very low on power, and it was a 1 bizillion year old program.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Not to mention they were very low on power, and it was a 1 bizillion year old program.
        well.. the stargates are millions of years old and that lost city stood there with its shields working impecably.

their stuff works well over long periods of time.

Comment

I wonder if we can get that hologram to say anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
            I wonder if we can get that hologram to say anything else?
            weir: dr mckay, please back away from the hologram and put your pants back on.
            Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
            Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
            Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
            Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by confused_canary
              well.. the stargates are millions of years old and that lost city stood there with its shields working impecably.

their stuff works well over long periods of time.
              They were low on power. Really low. The computer holding the hologram may have been malfunctioning due to intermintant dips and spikes in power.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
                weir: dr mckay, please back away from the hologram and put your pants back on.
                lol that is quite funny

Comment

I agree i=the fact that there was very littlepower could have cause the recording to go bad.

Comment

I've heard Melia voice from another sci-fi series, and her tone of voice is very wierd, not really suitable for an Ancients.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

just because they are very advanced doesb't mean that a recording is gonna sound so real that you would think the person is actually there. I mean maybe it does (considering the base was on extremly low power), and you have to consider the age of the recording.

Comment

Originally posted by auir999
                        just because they are very advanced doesb't mean that a recording is gonna sound so real that you would think the person is actually there. I mean maybe it does (considering the base was on extremly low power), and you have to consider the age of the recording.
                        Or maybe the ancients did it on purpose, for dramatic effect
                        sigpic

Comment

lol maybe they did want it to be like that who knows.

Comment

Hey, we don't know the exact acoustics of the city- that might have something to do with it
                            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                            X