PDA

View Full Version : THE Lifeline PRE AIRING DISCUSSION/SPECULATION THREAD

Skydiver
March 12th, 2007, 07:25 AM
This thread is for folks to discuss, speculatte what might happen in the upcoming season four episode of Lifeline

Please keep all discussion here and if you see other threads crop up, let us know and we'll merge them into this thread.

Leiutenant Bong
March 12th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Maybe somebody throws them a lifeline, i.e. another zpm or power source, for the atalntis crew to use and land atlantis safely on another planet.

metabog
March 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM
We're having a pre-airing discussion months before the episode will air :D

McSwift
March 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM
New Ancient Battlecruiser
I wonder if its bigger than Aurora class ships.

IronGoliath
March 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM

please oh please be whats in this guys spoiler :) :) :) :)

VSHARMA
March 12th, 2007, 01:21 PM
They was a ST Voyager Ep called 'Life Line'. Zimmerman was dying and they send the EMH Doctor to the Aplha quadrant to save him.

Maybe Weir is dying and someone comes to her aid..................Asgard.......or maybe even Accession. Oh no. How about she does a Daniel Jackson and disappears for one session just coming in and out just he did in session 4,5 or 6. Can’t remember.

ur uncle urgo
March 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
aaaaaaaaaaa i hate having to wait and seee!!!!!

travis
March 13th, 2007, 03:41 AM

it wont be this ep it'll be in "The travllers"

VSHARMA
March 13th, 2007, 03:54 AM

Maybe an unfinished prototype

RepliHawk
March 13th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Maybe an unfinished prototype

Either way it sounds cool

Sasso
April 30th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I don't think that Adrift will finish off the whole lost in space scene. Lifeline will most likely be a special something that enables them to survive. i.e Mckay's brilliant plan or a ZPM somehow.

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 09:39 AM
Mabey someones life is on the line or some advanced race comes and gives us a hand.

SazZat
May 2nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
Ok so the first theory I've had for this episode, and the one I'm still sticking with, is this:

The ancient machine that McKay got zapped by in ToR is used again in some way to heal Elizabeth.

Simple theory and by no means do I think this is the whole episode, but titles can refer to several different events in the episode, and this could be one of them.

Rodney used the machine and had no control over what happened to him, so maybe if Shep used it he would be better at controlling it because of his stronger ATA gene?
Or maybe they directly effect Elizabeth with it or something?

I don't know. I just love that machine and want it to be used again just to show if they've learnt anything more about it. I honestly think it could prove to be valuable in the plots.

As for other aspects of the episode...Well could have something to do with getting found lost in space and saved.

jenks
May 2nd, 2007, 02:02 PM
The machine is deadly, it could just as easily turn you into a pile of goo instead of helping you.

Killdeer
May 2nd, 2007, 03:55 PM
According to the Gateworld episode guide, Joe Mallozzi referred to this episode as the "big op eppy". Could that be a reference to the rumored brain surgery on Elizabeth?

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
According to the Gateworld episode guide, Joe Mallozzi referred to this episode as the "big op eppy". Could that be a reference to the rumored brain surgery on Elizabeth?

What rumored brain surgery?

Killdeer
May 2nd, 2007, 06:06 PM
What rumored brain surgery?

It's from a LJ report from the Vancouver convention. The person said they got a set tour and their tour guide at one point told the group that "this is the set where Weir has brain surgery."

Mitchell82
May 2nd, 2007, 06:12 PM
It's from a LJ report from the Vancouver convention. The person said they got a set tour and their tour guide at one point told the group that "this is the set where Weir has brain surgery."

Ah, sounds interesting.

Lauriel
May 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
op could mean one of two things - surgery operation or military operation. JM didn't specify which. If it's surgery, I'm going with Keller operating on Wier, but I don't see how they can drag that out for an entire ep. If military, then I agree that Adrift doesn't wrap up the whole lost in space stuff, and they get some sort of boon to get them out of trouble. The third possibility is that both types of ops are going on at the same time, I suppose. :D

Occulus
May 6th, 2007, 10:22 AM
op could mean one of two things - surgery operation or military operation. JM didn't specify which. If it's surgery, I'm going with Keller operating on Wier,

That's probably it. The whole scene with Keller and Weir in "First Strike"- the scene where Keller halfheartedly tries to resign- sort of seems out of place unless Weir really DOES put her life in Keller's hands.

Afterward, while Weir may seem fine...

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 11:01 AM
op could mean one of two things - surgery operation or military operation. JM didn't specify which. If it's surgery, I'm going with Keller operating on Wier, but I don't see how they can drag that out for an entire ep. If military, then I agree that Adrift doesn't wrap up the whole lost in space stuff, and they get some sort of boon to get them out of trouble. The third possibility is that both types of ops are going on at the same time, I suppose. :D

True it could be one or the other. I'd say it's more likely surgery for Weir following her injuries from FS.

fumblesmcstupid
May 6th, 2007, 05:13 PM
well maybe the are ganna have the Odyssy show up in the nick of time with Carter and oh a dozen ZPM's that is about the only way I think they'll get out of this mess. There will be like 30 minuets left of air there all ganna be hiding in puddle jumpers because if you remember they had all non essential personell evacd so just a few will people were left behind

Lauriel
May 6th, 2007, 11:41 PM
well maybe the are ganna have the Odyssy show up in the nick of time with Carter and oh a dozen ZPM's that is about the only way I think they'll get out of this mess. There will be like 30 minuets left of air there all ganna be hiding in puddle jumpers because if you remember they had all non essential personell evacd so just a few will people were left behind

It could be the Odyssey, but I doubt it will be carrying any ZPMs. They made it pretty clear that Earth only has two, and they need both of them. (I haven't seen s10 of SG-1, so that may have changed, but they made it clear in SGA that this was the case). If it is a military op, I think it is a lot more likely that it involves the Apollo and something that Shep/McKay/Zalenka have cooked up.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 09:07 AM
It could be the Odyssey, but I doubt it will be carrying any ZPMs. They made it pretty clear that Earth only has two, and they need both of them. (I haven't seen s10 of SG-1, so that may have changed, but they made it clear in SGA that this was the case). If it is a military op, I think it is a lot more likely that it involves the Apollo and something that Shep/McKay/Zalenka have cooked up.

Well we do know Carter will be coming in her own ship but I doubt Earth will let the Odyssey out of their sight. It's more likely the Apollo or another 304 with Carter on it.

Alipeeps
May 7th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Well we do know Carter will be coming in her own shop but I doubt Earth will let the Odyssey out of their sight. It's more likely the Apollo or another 304 with Carter on it.

We dn't actually know Carter will be coming in her own ship. I can't remember where that rumour came from but I've not seen it on any official online source and someone mentioned it on JM's blog and he kinda denied all knowledge...

CAn anyone remember where that purported spoiler came from? Was it a magazine article?

majortrip
May 7th, 2007, 11:03 AM
We dn't actually know Carter will be coming in her own ship. I can't remember where that rumour came from but I've not seen it on any official online source and someone mentioned it on JM's blog and he kinda denied all knowledge...

CAn anyone remember where that purported spoiler came from? Was it a magazine article?

Brad Wright said that, not JM. It's been a while since I heard the video interview, in January I think it was (when the "Weir's going recurring" hoopla started) but it's also in this latest SG Magazine:

Wright says: "She'll be coming in her own spaceship and joining the crew in Atlantis."

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Brad Wright said that, not JM. It's been a while since I heard the video interview, in January I think it was (when the "Weir's going recurring" hoopla started) but it's also in this latest SG Magazine:

Wright says: "She'll be coming in her own spaceship and joining the crew in Atlantis."

It was also on GW news page awhile back.

Alipeeps
May 7th, 2007, 02:13 PM

It was also on GW news page awhile back.

Cool. Thanks for that you guys. I don't get to read the genre mags these days but I knew I'd heard that info mentioned on here but never really known the source.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Cool. Thanks for that you guys. I don't get to read the genre mags these days but I knew I'd heard that info mentioned on here but never really known the source.

No prob.;)

satnamboll28
July 20th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Hello!!

I hav an idea. I've watched the trailers for season 4, and something just occurred to me. Could they attempt to steal a ZPM or something similiar? And that this could lead to Wier disappearing somewhere?
The only place to steal such item being the asuran homeworld? And that this could be their lifeline?
I could be grasping at straws, but it is possible....Or it could be something that they do for another episode, leading to carter coming over and wier going?

satnam

PG15
July 23rd, 2007, 12:01 AM
From the new David Hewlett interview:

GW: After seeing "First Strike," it seems pretty clear that the Replicators are here to stay. They're back in Season Four.

DH: They are indeed. Yes, the Replicators. Well, it's kind of hard to kill a self-replicating nanite, as we've discovered. And there's a neat twist on that at the beginning of the season as well where we use a bit of the old Replicator tech for good as opposed to evil. And I think [it] establishes a very interesting possible character arc for one of our regulars.

Yeah, the Replicator stuff is really good. And again, having David Ogden Stiers on set is a pleasure as well.

GW: Yeah, Oberoth is back!

DH: Yes, Oberoth is back. And lots more hands in foreheads and things. And twists on that as well. It's funny. Joe [Mallozzi] and Paul [Mullie, executive producers] were really excited about, I think, playing with the established stuff. Leading people to believe things are going to be like they were, and then throwing them a curve. There's some great use of that, especially with the Replicator stuff, where the Replicators are getting stuff thrown back at them that they're not expecting. We fight back in weird and devious ways. I enjoy that.

---

GW: What would you say has been the most fun or the most challenging work that you've done so far this year?

DH: I think it's coming up on Monday. Monday we've got nine and a half pages of Torri and I in the Puddle Jumper, screaming out commands on how to reprogram Replicator mainframes. I think that will be the most challenging part.

Darren has confirmed that this interview was done during the filming of "Lifeline", so naturally I assumed all of these spoilers are for this episode.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/im_with_genius.shtml

scifi_lemon
July 23rd, 2007, 12:12 AM
From the new David Hewlett interview:

Darren has confirmed that this interview was done during the filming of "Lifeline", so naturally I assumed all of these spoilers are for this episode.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/im_with_genius.shtml

Hmm...I wonder what "devious" plans our team has in store? I'm looking forward to the Asuran plot twist. It'll be nice to see them be (hopefully) very different from the MW Replicators, at least in some way.

Alexandra
July 23rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
True it could be one or the other. I'd say it's more likely surgery for Weir following her injuries from FS.

You're killing me! Poor Elizabeth!

Carter showing up in a spaceship would seem ok, is she manages to find them that easy.

It would be nice to see the Asurans getting a good turn of the situation, hopefully without killing anyone we care about in the process.

About the title, I can only think about someone's lifeline, and this ep is after First Strike and I can assume that the Asurans would follow them, then it seems possible that it would be about Weir's lifeline? or metaphorically, Atlantis' lifeline?

I think I will stop guessing for now, it's no use to cheer me up.

Naonak
July 23rd, 2007, 03:10 AM
David Hewlett: They are indeed. Yes, the Replicators. Well, it's kind of hard to kill a self-replicating nanite, as we've discovered. And there's a neat twist on that at the beginning of the season as well where we use a bit of the old Replicator tech for good as opposed to evil. And I think [it] establishes a very interesting possible character arc for one of our regulars.
Am I the only one thinking that he's talking about Weir, there? I know he says it's one of the "regulars", but still... Using Replicator tech to save Weir is the idea that came into my head.
She could be like the Bionic Woman. ;)

Mitchell82
July 23rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Hmm...I wonder what "devious" plans our team has in store? I'm looking forward to the Asuran plot twist. It'll be nice to see them be (hopefully) very different from the MW Replicators, at least in some way.

Hmm I wonder. Can't wait to find out.

scifi_lemon
July 23rd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Am I the only one thinking that he's talking about Weir, there? I know he says it's one of the "regulars", but still... Using Replicator tech to save Weir is the idea that came into my head.
She could be like the Bionic Woman. ;)

I think that Weir gets injured so badly that they have to use nanites to help her. The only problem is they're Asuran nanites so they have that violence. Weir starts trying to kills people. She's superstrong because of the nanites and heals impossibly fast as well. Weir fights the violent urge as best as she can, but McKay still has to race against time to reprogram that base code. He ends up failing and Weir either joins the Asurans or they jet her into space.

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I think that Weir gets injured so badly that they have to use nanites to help her. The only problem is they're Asuran nanites so they have that violence. Weir starts trying to kills people. She's superstrong because of the nanites and heals impossibly fast as well. Weir fights the violent urge as best as she can, but McKay still has to race against time to reprogram that base code. He ends up failing and Weir either joins the Asurans or they jet her into space.

REPLIWEIR!

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 12:43 PM
REPLIWEIR!

W00t for RepliWeir! :D

PG15
August 7th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Bits from the new Martin Gero interview:

MG: Well it's tough because it's early. Obviously I have a handle on "Adrift." "Adrift" and "Lifeline" I'm really, really happy with. I think Carl did an amazing job on "Lifeline" and I feel pretty confident behind the work in "Adrift." We have a little bit more money this year for the show, which was kind of a surprise because there is a great cost-saving from doing two shows at once and we thought we'd probably take a hit this year. But MGM has coughed up some money, and of course we're running the movies side-by-side.

So I know that there was a concern that the production value of the show would go down. In fact it's gone up, and we're able to spend the money we would only be able to spend once or twice a year on episodes fairly consistently. Once every three episodes we have a pretty giant episode. So "Adrift" and "Lifeline" are massive, massive episodes.

EDIT: More:

MG: My favorite part about Season One was how isolated they were. We just wanted to recapture that a little bit. That's what the first two episodes do. And it makes you do incredibly risky and stupid things. And that's what "Lifeline" is about.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/gero_to_infinity.shtml

scifi_lemon
August 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Bits from the new Martin Gero interview:

EDIT: More:

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/gero_to_infinity.shtml

Hmm...it sounds like Adrift will end with the Atlantis in a bog pickle, and in Lifeline they'll get out of it. I wonder what will happen?

Alipeeps
August 25th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Some interesting stuff about this episode in David Hewlett's interview in TV Zone. You can read my full transcript here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7036069&postcount=2) but I'll paste the bits relevant to this ep below:

At the end of First Strike, Colonel John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) decides the only way to save Atlantis is to fly it into hyperspace. Although they eventually manage to elude the Replicator weapon, the city inadvertently ends up lost when it returns to normal space. As a result, the Atlantis expedition spends the fourth season opener Adrift and the following episode Lifeline not only looking for a new home, but also dealing with a deadly new enemy as well as the 'loss' of their leader, Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Torri Higginson).

"This was another of those weird saying goodbye moments like we had last season with Sunday and Carson Beckett," notes Hewlett. "We're essentially saying goodbye to Torri and the Weir character as we know it."

The actor continues, "As episodes go, I have to say these," Adrift and Lifeline, "are some pretty neat ones. Again, visual effects-wise they're huge, and they also set the tone for the rest of the year.

Following Dr Weir's unexpected departure, Stargate SG1's Colonel Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) arrives on Atlantis to take over the running of the base, much to McKay's chagrin. "I think it really complicates everything for my character," says Hewlett. "I sound so serious about it, but it's his concern that makes it so funny and fun to watch. McKay honestly believed he was going to be in charge. The chain of command went Weir, Sheppard and then McKay. He had an argument about this with the Caldwell character in a Season Two story [The Long Goodbye]. In it, McKay was like, 'This is a science base and I'm in charge when Weir and Sheppard are out of commission.'

"So this time, as sad as McKay is to lose Weir, he sort of assumes that he's the one who's taking her place," continues the actor, "and when Carter shows up it's a huge shock to him. He's like, 'This is my base. I'm the pro here who answers the questions, not you.'

With Atlantis isolated from Earth at the start of Season Four, McKay felt like he was the go-to guy. Now he's working with someone who he knows is a challenge to him, both intellectually and just from a position of power."

SGFerrit
August 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM
New spoilers from SyFy Portal:

Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) makes waves on the show Oct. 5 with the episode "Lifeline" when she takes the Apollo in a "race against time" to find Atlantis, which has gone missing after the Replicator attack of the third season. Col. Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) takes a team to try and steal a ZPM from the Replicators.

Xicer
August 26th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah it sounds cool. I wonder how they're gonna get the ZPM from the replicators.

Vampyr
August 28th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah it sounds cool. I wonder how they're gonna get the ZPM from the replicators.

Well...

**Speculation/possible spoilers for 4x02 "Lifeline"**
I remember seeing a short clip of season 4 where the prototype hyperspace generator for the puddle jumper had been installed, and McKay was briefing someone on it. So my thoughts are that Sheppard takes McKay and a few others to Asuras, steals a ZPM or three and take it(them) back to Atlantis.

Mitchell82
August 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Well...

**Speculation/possible spoilers for 4x02 "Lifeline"**
I remember seeing a short clip of season 4 where the prototype hyperspace generator for the puddle jumper had been installed, and McKay was briefing someone on it. So my thoughts are that Sheppard takes McKay and a few others to Asuras, steals a ZPM or three and take it(them) back to Atlantis.

That is possible.

PG15
August 31st, 2007, 02:36 PM
A bit of stuff on both Adrift and Lifeline here:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/starb5.jpg

Special thanks to Sheppard's Delight for scanning the whole thing! :D

PG15
September 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Blip from Joe:

Anon Y. Mous writes: “Can you tell us if any episodes are fully complete and ready for airing?...”

Answers: Yes, a number of episodes are complete (Adrift, Lifeline, Missing, Doppelganger, and Travelers come to mind)...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-3-2007.html

Wraith_Boy
September 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
New spoilers from SyFy Portal:

Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) makes waves on the show Oct. 5 with the episode "Lifeline" when she takes the Apollo in a "race against time" to find Atlantis, which has gone missing after the Replicator attack of the third season. Col. Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) takes a team to try and steal a ZPM from the Replicators.

I was reading through a couple of old threads earlier on & came across one which predicted they would try to steal a ZPM from the Asurans on their planet...way, way back in Feb.

A way to save Atlantis after First-Strike (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=6295629&highlight=lifeline#post6295629)

If it's true, then I wonder how they'll actually be able to get in & take hold of a ZPM. If shields are raised, then they'll be unable to beam any out. Apollo would probably be obliterated by Drones or energy weapons if it went in orbit again. The only real way I can see them doing it is by sneaking aboard via a cloaked PJ then using a small team to get one. Weir maybe gets captured during the mission & is forced to stay behind which explains her lack of action in Atlantis for the rest of the year.

Although I'd actually find that hard to believe that they could sneak aboard an Asuran city or ship, then move about freely without being spotted or detected by any Asurans or sensors that were operating inside.

A long shot is Carter actually manages to finish the satellite weapon, she brings it through to them. They deploy it & kill a large number of them off. Allowing them time to get in & grab a ZPM or two. They then quickly adapt & makes themselves immune again!

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Blip from Joe:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-3-2007.html
I know and can't wait.

PG15
September 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM
The 2nd edition of "David Hewlett's Favourite Line" is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02r7DlQKN4

:D

PG15
September 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Some stuff from a recent David Hewlett interview:

DH: Season Four starts with everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. With the first two episodes, I was like, “If this is the way the season is going, I’m going to be dead by episode four!” [Laughs] We’ve got asteroid fields and replicator bases and it’s just absolutely insane.

http://www.dvdsnapshot.com/InterviewDavidHewlett.html

Willow'sCat
September 8th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Some stuff from a recent David Hewlett interview:

http://www.dvdsnapshot.com/InterviewDavidHewlett.htmlThis bit made me very happy... DH: Yeah, I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one. It seems so unlike McKay to have a girlfriend. I think you’ll find that as we get into season four, you will find a very funny collapse of his romantic life. Oh I hope it is true. :D

vaberella
September 8th, 2007, 05:47 AM
WC this could be good or bad to what we want. I don't want to see McKay infatuated with any twits as what is being touted in Harmony, at least when I thought he was tied to that doormat I could rationalize the stituation.

I can't rationalize it if he's not with "ugh". On a side note, I'm glad it's the end for those two, praise all things that still see McVab. :P This is a double-edged sword. It's not good any way we look at it from Harmony's standpoint. They stay together rationalized twits---but can't stand doormat. They're not together cannot rationalize twits---can't stand twits.

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
This bit made me very happy... DH: Yeah, I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one. It seems so unlike McKay to have a girlfriend. I think you’ll find that as we get into season four, you will find a very funny collapse of his romantic life. Oh I hope it is true. :D

Actually that makes me unhappy. I'd hate for him to break up with Katie.

Klenotka
September 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I don´t like the word "funny". Anything "funny" connected with McKay isn´t funny, just humiliating and embarassing. And I like Katie so I hope he will stay with her.

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 05:04 PM
I don´t like the word "funny". Anything "funny" connected with McKay isn´t funny, just humiliating and embarassing. And I like Katie so I hope he will stay with her.

Yeah but that is funny.

scifi_lemon
September 8th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Actually that makes me unhappy. I'd hate for him to break up with Katie.

I agree. I think him and Katie are a cute couple. Well, here's hoping.

Mitchell82
September 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I agree. I think him and Katie are a cute couple. Well, here's hoping.

Yeah they are but we do know how unsure of himsef he is. Still I hope they don't visit spitsville.

d3u5
September 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
All FX effects are done. It's just music and sound effects what is missing.

Here are some very spoilery pics from 4.02:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/650/vlcsnap1327584sl7.png
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/922/vlcsnap1327768db7.png
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5451/vlcsnap1328397pk4.png
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9804/vlcsnap1329065ii1.png

Steve_the_Wraith
September 11th, 2007, 03:16 PM
What the hell are those things in the first 2 photos?

A jumper with the top off?

A space ship, Asuran?

d3u5
September 11th, 2007, 03:18 PM
What the hell are those things in the first 2 photos?

Asuran ship, some sort of battle cruiser.

TJuk
September 11th, 2007, 03:22 PM
All FX effects are done. It's just music and sound effects what is missing.

Actually they're not, some of the more expansive shots are only partial renders, they lack a lot of the detail from the final stages of a full render (I have a degree in CGI). They're probably in for timing purposes so the ep can move onto the later stages of production such as the foley (sound fx) and scoring/music, and will be replaced by the finished render when its ready.

Xicer
September 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Photos from Lifeline from GW's homepage:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/09/first_photos_from_lifeline.shtml

Mitchell82
September 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM

Dammit! The more I see the more I want this now!

s09119
September 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM

Wow, Weir sure got healed fast...

After being told she has a serious, life-threatening injury, she's back on a mission within 2 episodes. :S

Mitchell82
September 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Wow, Weir sure got healed fast...

After being told she has a serious, life-threatening injury, she's back on a mission within 2 episodes. :S

Well it is possible she isn't fully healed but being stubborn goes anyway.

prion
September 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM

Um, those are LIFELINE shots? Not that it gives away any spoilers...

ADRIFT (part 1)
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/09/first_photos_from_adrift.shtml

the fifth man
September 11th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Dammit! The more I see the more I want this now!

Soon enough, my friend. It'll be here before we know it.:)

Killdeer
September 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM
So it looks like Weir is healed and goes along on the mission to the Asuran base. Why I wonder? It doesn't make sense that she would go on this kind of mission. I hope there's a good explanation, otherwise it will just seem convenient. Also, it looks like Shep and the team are forced to leave her behind. I really hope this sets up some serious angst for the team, especially Shep and Rodney who've been the closest to her. Shep's always been especially focused on not leaving anyone behind, so I hope this sets up an darker emotional arc for him, dealing with that. And some guilt for Rodney too maybe? He and Elizabeth have always been close, so definitely hope there's some lasting fallout from this.

Hmm.

d3u5
September 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
So it looks like Weir is healed and goes along on the mission to the Asuran base. Why I wonder? It doesn't make sense that she would go on this kind of mission. I hope there's a good explanation, otherwise it will just seem convenient. Also, it looks like Shep and the team are forced to leave her behind. I really hope this sets up some serious angst for the team, especially Shep and Rodney who've been the closest to her. Shep's always been especially focused on not leaving anyone behind, so I hope this sets up an darker emotional arc for him, dealing with that. And some guilt for Rodney too maybe? He and Elizabeth have always been close, so definitely hope there's some lasting fallout from this.

Hmm.
Weir is healed by using her nanites from 3.06. Nanites repair her injuries and she became half-replicator. Than she goes on the mission 'couse she can connect herself into Asuran conciousnes. She helps team to get the ZPM but things get more complicated...

MechaThor
September 12th, 2007, 02:55 PM
SWEET from the photos it looks like one of my Fav characters from SG-1 is coming to Atlantis DR BILL LEE!
Hopefully he will stay there and we can still get the classic Dr lee/Sam moments (sadly no Daneil/Dr lee moments). Also i can now imagine some Dr Lee/Mckay and DR LEE/Zelenka (word it carefully) classic times! OR all 4 of them at it at once! (talking.... about science) as in Sam vs Dr Lee vs Mckay vs Zelenka. With Sheppard watching! It should be great!

LOL if you don't get what i am talking about the above comments I have just made, can become very.... shall we say, very.... out of context!

Mitchell82
September 12th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Weir is healed by using her nanites from 3.06. Nanites repair her injuries and she became half-replicator. Than she goes on the mission 'couse she can connect herself into Asuran conciousnes. She helps team to get the ZPM but things get more complicated...

I wondered if that was the case.

MechaThor
September 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM

NOT AGAIN v

OH NO! Not half Human half Replicators! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! STUPID!
Why must all Bad Guy along the lines become both Human or Half Human! And then have someone important get a "I can sense you" connection thing and gain some of their DNA or in this case Nanities! WHY GOD WHY. WHY ALWAYS THE SAME!
we have had half human half goa'uld, Half Goa'uld half accended, Sam has some Goa'uld powers (this is the original and so is acceptable), Human form replicators (TWICE!)(the Bugs were better), Half Human half Ancients, Half Humans half Ori, People with the memories of the Ori and one with the Goa'uld, Human form Wraith, Teyla can sense wraith, Half human half Iratus bug (Sheppard, Not the Cool mutant bug monsters as alteast they look like decent aliens) and now this new thing. ARGH! Humans with nanties from replicators!
DO SOMETHING NEW! Like Human form replicators becoming realstic animail versions of the MW block made replicator bugs! They could looks cool! Or something wild like half Human half BAT MONSTERS!

Irish Eyes
September 12th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Hmm.

I'm hopeful this will happen too. We made get it based on the comments made by JF in the latest interview. :)

Ruined_puzzle
September 12th, 2007, 05:20 PM
NOT AGAIN v

OH NO! Not half Human half Replicators! NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! STUPID!
Why must all Bad Guy along the lines become both Human or Half Human! And then have someone important get a "I can sense you" connection thing and gain some of their DNA or in this case Nanities! WHY GOD WHY. WHY ALWAYS THE SAME!
we have had half human half goa'uld, Half Goa'uld half accended, Sam has some Goa'uld powers (this is the original and so is acceptable), Human form replicators (TWICE!)(the Bugs were better), Half Human half Ancients, Half Humans half Ori, People with the memories of the Ori and one with the Goa'uld, Human form Wraith, Teyla can sense wraith, Half human half Iratus bug (Sheppard, Not the Cool mutant bug monsters as alteast they look like decent aliens) and now this new thing. ARGH! Humans with nanties from replicators!
DO SOMETHING NEW! Like Human form replicators becoming realstic animail versions of the MW block made replicator bugs! They could looks cool! Or something wild like half Human half BAT MONSTERS!

LOL. I'm just happy she's not evil

Killdeer
September 12th, 2007, 05:34 PM
I'm hopeful this will happen too. We made get it based on the comments made by JF in the latest interview. :)

Yes, I appreciated those. I really do hope so.

g.o.d
September 12th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Have you seen Matrix Revolutions? She's like Neo. She can sense replicators and control them.

Mana
September 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Have you seen Matrix Revolutions? She's like Neo. She can sense replicators and control them.

that was my immediate thoughts about it too. very matrix-y indeed. At the end of ep 02, when oberoth said that they were already underway with fixing her; making her better. I bet they're going to try to turn her against atlantis. *sigh* Poor Weir. It's a shame only one of the writers really know how to write her. And even though she's going to be a recurring character, it's not like it's ever going to go back to the way it was before. She'll be just like Michael, that kind of character, that shows up now and again. *sad*

vaberella
September 13th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Oh dear...for a minute there I thought I entered the anti-thread. Leaving now...:( Too much fact spoilers, no point speculating.

Christopher
September 13th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Actually they're not, some of the more expansive shots are only partial renders, they lack a lot of the detail from the final stages of a full render (I have a degree in CGI). They're probably in for timing purposes so the ep can move onto the later stages of production such as the foley (sound fx) and scoring/music, and will be replaced by the finished render when its ready.

I tell you what, I'm going to have a fascinating time doing a side-by-side comparison of both leaked eps when the final production versions are aired. Very interesting to just listen to the unfinished eps and hear how the sound differs so much (doing a degree in music tech here so that's what interests me ;)), when you become so immersed with the suspension of disbelief you forget half the magic is created in post!

Thor94
September 13th, 2007, 03:25 PM
The episode is very good.

Summary

The atlantis shield is weak and risk to fall.
Rodney decide to stole a ZPM to Asuras with A jumper equiped with the hyperdrive created in season 3.
-Jumper with sheppard,weir(who has saved because Rodney has reactived the nanite in weir) and ronnon go to asuras, they are surprised because the city is ever rebuilded.
In orbit of a pegasus planet the apollo take lee and carter arrived by the midway station to refind city. during the mission on asuras the team is located and replicator pursue them. But weir succed in to stop oberoth with spirit probing and win time, the team find a ZPM but they must leaving without Weir who has trapped by Oberoth. The jumper flee on space but an asuran-ship (new class of battle ship mixed of aurora(form) and jumper(propulsor) purchase this.
At this moment the appollo leaves of hyper espace and attack the ship to take the jumper. The appolo succed in to escape and go to atlantis. The ZPM is installed and the power of shield has rebecame OK, A new planet is found a and Sheppard make land up the city (the land is impressionnant, and create a tidal-wave). The new planet has 5 moon.
The new planet has 5 moon.
-the land up of atlantis is impressive, with a tidal-wave ejected by the city

pictures

some picture
http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709131034071220745.png
Jumper going to hyper-espace

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709131031001220735.png
battle with appolo and replicator ship

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709130158131221554.png
replicator ship postponed

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709131031521220740.png
atlantis landing

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709120940221218343.png
atlantis on the new planet

Mana
September 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM
The episode is very good.

The atlantis shield is weak and risk to fall.
Rodney decide to stole a ZPM to Asuras with A jumper equiped with the hyperdrive created in season 3.
-Jumper with sheppard,weir(who has saved because Rodney has reactived the nanite in weir) and ronnon go to asuras, they are surprised because the city is ever rebuilded.
On milkyway the apollo take lee and carter and go to pegasus to refind city. during the mission on asuras the team is located and replicator pursue them. But weir succed in to stop oberoth with spirit probing and win time, the team find a ZPM but they must leaving without Weir who has trapped by Oberoth. The jumper flee on space but an asuran-ship (new class of battle ship mixed of aurora(form) and jumper(propulsor) purchase this.
At this moment the appollo leaves of hyper espace and attack the ship to take the jumper. The appolo succed in to escape and go to atlantis. The ZPM is installed and the power of shield has rebecame OK, A new planet is found a and Sheppard make land up the city (the land is impressionnant, and create a tidal-wave). The new planet has 5 moon.
The new planet has 5 moon.
-the land up of atlantis is impressive, with a tidal-wave ejected by the city

some picture
http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709131034071220745.png
Jumper going to hyper-espace

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709131031001220735.png
battle with appolo and replicator ship

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709130158131221554.png
replicator ship postponed

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709131031521220740.png
atlantis landing

http://www.casimages.com/img/png/0709120940221218343.png
atlantis on the new planet

On milkyway the apollo take lee and carter and go to Pegasus to refind city thats slightly inaccurate :x The Apollo is in Pegasus. Carter and Lee gate to a planet in Pegasus from the midway. And then the Apollo takes them to find the city. ^^'

Thor94
September 13th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I corrected

Mitchell82
September 13th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Oh dear...for a minute there I thought I entered the anti-thread. Leaving now...:( Too much fact spoilers, no point speculating.

I feel you.

Mister Oragahn
September 14th, 2007, 01:57 AM
A bit of stuff on both Adrift and Lifeline here:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/starb5.jpg

Special thanks to Sheppard's Delight for scanning the whole thing! :D

Oh, big surprise! They totally missed an oportunity to land Atlantis on a different planet.
Why didn't we get a rumble landing on some Dune-like planet for example? Atlantis in a harsh desert would have been cool, and not too hard to render, CGI wise. Besides, they have some sand dunes not far from the place where they film, and it's not like staff used real water that much during the first three seasons.

Once again, a missed oportunity. I mean, hello? They have the biggest and best excuse at hands to change the scenery, and they serve us with... the same reheated stuff?

Oh, no, wait, the planet has 347 moons now.

Besides, do ZPMs grow on trees on Asura? Cause it seems rather easy to find one, approach it, steal it and flee.

wise one
September 14th, 2007, 02:29 AM
thats was awsome, i liked it when they sent all those jumpers out to go rock smashing!!!

SGFerrit
September 14th, 2007, 03:40 AM
That is in Adrift wise one, not Lifeline.

Vala_M
September 14th, 2007, 06:24 AM
thats was awsome, i liked it when they sent all those jumpers out to go rock smashing!!!

Question:

Are the asteroids sent their way by the Asurans or is it just bad luck that they emerged near them? Also, it mentions that the Asurans go after Atlantis, is that true?

Vala,

SGFerrit
September 14th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Question:

Are the asteroids sent their way by the Asurans or is it just bad luck that they emerged near them? Also, it mentions that the Asurans go after Atlantis, is that true?

Vala,

1. Bad luck
2. No

:)

Vala_M
September 14th, 2007, 07:24 AM
1. Bad luck
2. No

:)

Thanks.

Vala,

Ltcolshepjumper
September 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Oh, big surprise! They totally missed an oportunity to land Atlantis on a different planet.
Why didn't we get a rumble landing on some Dune-like planet for example? Atlantis in a harsh desert would have been cool, and not too hard to render, CGI wise. Besides, they have some sand dunes not far from the place where they film, and it's not like staff used real water that much during the first three seasons.

Once again, a missed oportunity. I mean, hello? They have the biggest and best excuse at hands to change the scenery, and they serve us with... the same reheated stuff?

Oh, no, wait, the planet has 347 moons now.

Besides, do ZPMs grow on trees on Asura? Cause it seems rather easy to find one, approach it, steal it and flee.

Actually, I think it has been said that it is harder to land on ground, and easier to land on water. As for ZPMs, lets just say it takes a lot to power a megacity.

PG15
September 14th, 2007, 01:57 PM

If you mean the Richmond Sand Dunes, there's a reason why we haven't seen it very often since Moebius: it's slowly disappearing due to factories and warehouses being built there. Believe me, I live about 20 minutes away by car. It's in no shape to stand as a big-ass desert surrounding Atlantis.

Oh, and I thought it's actually pretty smart of the Atlantis expedition to land on a water planet again, given that, you know, the city'll actually sit upright instead of tilted and perhaps moving like a top since the bottom of the city is not flat. And, of course, crash landing on land is generally more deadly than crash landing on water...don't quote me on that though.

I thought you hated them sacrificing intellect for drama? ;)

Killdeer
September 14th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Oh, and I thought it's actually pretty smart of the Atlantis expedition to land on a water planet again, given that, you know, the city'll actually sit upright instead of tilted and perhaps moving like a top since the bottom of the city is not flat. And, of course, crash landing on land is generally more deadly than crash landing on water...don't quote me on that though.

No, I'm not surprised that they would land on water again - I expected that. But I was hoping the planet would look different. I think even Joe Flanigan said in his interview that he was a little disappointed that the new planet wasn't more different, more exotic or more dangerous or something - I'll have to look up the exact quote.

PG15
September 14th, 2007, 03:00 PM
I don't know...that sig makes it look pretty exotic to me...

Linzi
September 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I thought the same. It's similar, but different at the same time. I liked it. :)

ToasterOnFire
September 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Yep, that's what slapping on a different color filter and adding a new moon will do for ya. :D

Mister Oragahn
September 14th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Actually, I think it has been said that it is harder to land on ground, and easier to land on water. As for ZPMs, lets just say it takes a lot to power a megacity.

Come on. The city has been lying on a growing ice bed for eons.
And sand is the most fluid of solid grounds. Just need to find a place more or less flat.

If you mean the Richmond Sand Dunes, there's a reason why we haven't seen it very often since Moebius: it's slowly disappearing due to factories and warehouses being built there. Believe me, I live about 20 minutes away by car. It's in no shape to stand as a big-ass desert surrounding Atlantis.

Huh, it's not protected by the Unesco or something? Is it all for the money?

Anyway, like I said, can you cite me even one single scene where we saw a large surface of real water that was supposed being around Atlantis, when they were on the first planet?
As far as I can remember, it has always been CGI.

Please. The writing has been so horible, the plotholes/devices so numerous, huge and embarassing, that any stupid excuse could have been enough to land that flying crap in a sand desert. Like, you know, using the stardrive's ejecta to level a place, make a big nice hole underneath, and land the city there. Besides, it really has to be the most stupid flying city design to date if it's actually incapable of landing on a flat and solid surface.

By the way, was it really necessary to land the city? Couldn't they leave it in high orbit. Okay, it would pump a little bit more energy for the fake gravity - but they got a ZPM, that's peanuts - and the advantage is huge: ability to fly away as soon as wanted.

PG15
September 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Huh, it's not protected by the Unesco or something? Is it all for the money?

Um...all I know is that it's disappearing. I believe the DVD commentaries for "The Defiant One" or "Moebius" said so.

Anyway, like I said, can you cite me even one single scene where we saw a large surface of real water that was supposed being around Atlantis, when they were on the first planet?

True, but then there is the problem of landing lopsided on flat land... (see below)

Please. The writing has been so horible, the plotholes/devices so numerous, huge and embarassing, that any stupid excuse could have been enough to land that flying crap in a sand desert. Like, you know, using the stardrive's ejecta to level a place, make a big nice hole underneath, and land the city there. Besides, it really has to be the most stupid flying city design to date if it's actually incapable of landing on a flat and solid surface.

But WHY would the expedition risk this (and waste extra energy into flattening a desert?!) when they can just land on water again?! To entertain you?!

Besides, they can always sink the city again (for whatever reason) if they land on water.

By the way, was it really necessary to land the city? Couldn't they leave it in high orbit. Okay, it would pump a little bit more energy for the fake gravity - but they got a ZPM, that's peanuts - and the advantage is huge: ability to fly away as soon as wanted.

Have you watched the leaked episodes?

I haven't, so I don't know what will happen to the ZPM. Who knows, maybe they they drain it again. ;)

Mana
September 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM

I thought the same. It's similar, but different at the same time. I liked it. :)

Yep, that's what slapping on a different color filter and adding a new moon will do for ya. :D

What? you mean my sig?
There were no filters used in the making of my sig. Or any editing. :x It's purely a screenshot. I just fixed the quality a bit.

Mitchell82
September 14th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Come on. The city has been lying on a growing ice bed for eons.
And sand is the most fluid of solid grounds. Just need to find a place more or less flat.
Ice what ice? It was murky ocean floor and that was a soft floor not rock.

You are right and it has been however they use stock shots mostly which saves money. They make new scenes when it is needed. Sand dunes are never even it wouldn't be plausible for Atlantis to land on solid ground and it isn't meant to exist on solid ground. It has always been on Water.

Please. The writing has been so horible, the plotholes/devices so numerous, huge and embarassing, that any stupid excuse could have been enough to land that flying crap in a sand desert. Like, you know, using the stardrive's ejecta to level a place, make a big nice hole underneath, and land the city there. Besides, it really has to be the most stupid flying city design to date if it's actually incapable of landing on a flat and solid surface. In your opinion, the writting is far from horrible. They built Atlantis to exisit mainly on an Ocean environment and most worlds have at least enough ocean for them to land on.

No your incorrect. It would drain the ZPM really fast. As Mckay pointed out the shield isn't designed to run constantly which it would have to in orbit. It makes more sense to land.

ToasterOnFire
September 14th, 2007, 06:27 PM
What? you mean my sig?
There were no filters used in the making of my sig. Or any editing. :x It's purely a screenshot. I just fixed the quality a bit.
Oh, I didn't mean your sig. I was talking about how TPTB likely made that actual scene. Slap on some filters and whatnot over the old stock footage and it's like new, baby! ;)

While we're on the subject of Atlantis and where it lands, what about (Lifeline)the Asuran cities on their homeworld? Were they on water too? What about the abandoned city from Tower? That was buried under land, not water. It does seem awfully silly to create this magnificent city that can travel between planets, but can only land on large bodies of water. But hey, in the end Atlantis makes it back to water and they're only cut off from Earth for what, a couple of days? Soft reset, emphasis on soft...

Platschu
September 15th, 2007, 04:55 AM

This CGI gate is a bit small next to the trees... :S Do you remember when the whole team arrived together next to each other in SG-1? That scene is in the main title. 4 people together. That MW CGI gate was terrible too, because it was wide. They should decide how big is the gate. Only two people can go through the ring in normal case... Sometimes I miss that they didn't make a Pegasus gate set for off-world location. :(

Vala_M
September 15th, 2007, 05:17 AM
It CAN land on land, they just prefer water, it was on land on Earth.

Vala,

PG15
September 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM

This CGI gate is a bit small next to the trees... :S Do you remember when the whole team arrived together next to each other in SG-1? That scene is in the main title. 4 people together. That MW CGI gate was terrible too, because it was wide. They should decide how big is the gate. Only two people can go through the ring in normal case... Sometimes I miss that they didn't make a Pegasus gate set for off-world location. :(

Um...that's the gate in the pre-airing copy of the episode, yes? Then obviously that CGI is yet to be completed or finalized.

paulcarrm9mx
September 15th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I Have Seen Both Episodes 1 And 2. In Episode 2 Wear Gets Cought By The Reps And Has Probably Bee Killed Big Loss There No Really A Big Loss.

in My Opion These Episodes Are Crap Evan These Are NOT Complete The Look Crap So I Will Not Be Watching This Series Anymore.

a Big Shame As I Was I Huge Sga Fan

Xicer
September 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
DUDE what the heck!? If your gonna post spoilers like that then put them in spoiler tags!!! And if your not gonna watch the series anymore because of a few leaked copies of unifinished episodes, then thats your loss.

PG15
September 15th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Uh...ok.

Please tell me you didn't register on this site to just tell us that. That would be very...sad.

Platschu
September 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Um...that's the gate in the pre-airing copy of the episode, yes? Then obviously that CGI is yet to be completed or finalized.
Yeah, it is from the episode, but I've found this link in this thread earlier.

I like that they are trying to make CGI gates and this solution is cheaper than move a big set to every forest, but they should find the correct proportion. I've wrote some message earlier to JM about the only eight chevron stargate (Midway Station in Return, Replicator stargate satellite in First Strike etc.) and such stargate, which have two side have glyphs (like Inferno gate), so I hope he won't let them make such mistakes again. :o

Alipeeps
September 15th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Uh...ok.

Please tell me you didn't register on this site to just tell us that. That would be very...sad.

Nope. He registered just to post an illegal question about where he could download the eps from... :rolleyes:

Mitchell82
September 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM
DUDE what the heck!? If your gonna post spoilers like that then put them in spoiler tags!!! And if your not gonna watch the series anymore because of a few leaked copies of unifinished episodes, then thats your loss.

And a stupid one. His post makes no sense as the complete eps will look better duh!

Ltcolshepjumper
September 15th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I Have Seen Both Episodes 1 And 2. In Episode 2 Wear Gets Cought By The Reps And Has Probably Bee Killed Big Loss There No Really A Big Loss.

in My Opion These Episodes Are Crap Evan These Are NOT Complete The Look Crap So I Will Not Be Watching This Series Anymore.

a Big Shame As I Was I Huge Sga Fan

Awww, you no big fan no more:(
So, you sign up here just to 1) ask for the episodes and 2) complain about them. WHY?

Mitchell82
September 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Awww, you no big fan no more:(
So, you sign up here just to 1) ask for the episodes and 2) complain about them. WHY?

Easy he's a troll.

Pegasus_SGA
September 15th, 2007, 03:21 PM
I feel you.

Kinky! Remember Mitch, this is a family thread. ;) :P :D

I've watched them, but am not talking until it airs, purely because of that. The discussion/spec, is a bit moot on here ow and on the Adrift thread. I've watched it and don't want to click on the spoilers :lol:

Or we could ignore what's in the spoilers, as they're actually spoilers :lol: and those that haven't seen it can keep speculating. Not a great solution, granted, but it might be workable. :o

Mister Oragahn
September 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/SG1stargate.jpg/250px-SG1stargate.jpg

scififreak23
September 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM

I think he just posted a something that would get people stirring.We get posts(and threads)like that all the time on the supernatural board and it's by people who have just joined, posted something to really rile the fans up with, and then leaves the boards.

ToasterOnFire
September 15th, 2007, 07:34 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/SG1stargate.jpg/250px-SG1stargate.jpg
Yep, they don't make 'em like they used to! ;) :D

Platschu
September 15th, 2007, 08:59 PM
OFF. Here is a picture from "Prototype":
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070916/prototype067_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070916/prototype067_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)
Four people are coming through the gate next to each other? Ok, 4 adult can stand in a puddler jumper, so it isn't impossible, but somehow this whole scene is a bit weird to me, but this gate is much better than the gate from "Lifeline". I hope they will change the color of wormhole too. ;)

Mitchell82
September 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Kinky! Remember Mitch, this is a family thread. ;) :P :D

I've watched them, but am not talking until it airs, purely because of that. The discussion/spec, is a bit moot on here ow and on the Adrift thread. I've watched it and don't want to click on the spoilers :lol:

Or we could ignore what's in the spoilers, as they're actually spoilers :lol: and those that haven't seen it can keep speculating. Not a great solution, granted, but it might be workable. :o

Just tell me this did you like them.

Pegasus_SGA
September 16th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Just tell me this did you like them.

*flyby as i've got about 1 minute* :lol:

The eps were absolutely fantastic, way beyond all my expections, and they're pretty high. :P I'll post later in the pro thread. But i'll make another bold statement and say people will NOT be disappointed. You'll love it :D

There was excitement, tension, angst, drama, tears... and that was just from me sitting watching it! ;) :P :D hehehe

Linzi
September 16th, 2007, 01:12 AM

The eps were absolutely fantastic, way beyond all my expections, and they're pretty high. :P I'll post later in the pro thread. But i'll make another bold statement and say people will NOT be disappointed. You'll love it :D

There was excitement, tension, angst, drama, tears... and that was just from me sitting watching it! ;) :P :D hehehe
I agree. Peg is always right, after all...;)

SGFerrit
September 16th, 2007, 01:33 AM

I can back that up! I felt the same way actually (no kidding, the episodes did conjur up quite alot of emotion in me. I'm not afraid to admit that, who said I was!?! : Shifty Eyes :

Platschu
September 22nd, 2007, 02:20 AM
New preview pictures (spoiler!):

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=14&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=15&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=16&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=17&cat=season04

Pegasus_SGA
September 22nd, 2007, 03:05 AM
I can back that up! I felt the same way actually (no kidding, the episodes did conjur up quite alot of emotion in me. I'm not afraid to admit that, who said I was!?! : Shifty Eyes :

You big softie! :P

New preview pictures (spoiler!):

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=14&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=15&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=16&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=17&cat=season04 (http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=17&cat=season04)

Pics for those that can't see
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/18-1.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/17.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/15.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/16.jpg

Platschu
September 22nd, 2007, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the help. :) I think the spacesuit pictures are from Adrift. :o

SGFerrit
September 22nd, 2007, 03:11 AM
You big softie! :P

How VERY dare you!:P

Nah, they are really great episodes (to me anyway). The Ronan/Weir scene was excellent, I really enjoyed that. And I've never had more respect for Weir before I saw Lifeline, she was brilliant mentally kicking Oberoth's ass!

Pegasus_SGA
September 22nd, 2007, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the help. :) I think the spacesuit pictures are from Adrift. :o

I remember now, i'm still not awake. :o

expendable_crewman
September 22nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
The eps were absolutely fantastic, way beyond all my expections, and they're pretty high.

My thoughts as well.

Mitchell82
September 22nd, 2007, 06:20 PM

Good to hear. Is it Friday yet?

wraith form Replicator
September 25th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Just finished watching lifeline and I was thinking why the Replicator base code to fight the wraith was turned off. I was thinking that it could be that the Replicators thought that the best way to defeat the wraith was to kill all the humans (there main food source) and that’s why they made the virus to kill just humans. What do you think?

Alipeeps
September 25th, 2007, 09:08 AM
USE SPOILER TAGS for goodness sake! It's common sense - you are talking about eps that have not even aired yet! :mad:

Redhooks
September 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Just finished watching lifeline and I was thinking why the Replicator base code to fight the wraith was turned off. I was thinking that it could be that the Replicators thought that the best way to defeat the wraith was to kill all the humans (there main food source) and that’s why they made the virus to kill just humans. What do you think?

USE SPOILER TAGS for goodness sake! It's common sense - you are talking about eps that have not even aired yet! :mad:
I agree with Alipeeps, but I also think what would have worked would have been putting *Spoilers for Lifeline* in the thread title so people who didn't want to see spoilers for this episode would have steered clear. Then you wouldn't have to have the info in spoiler tags.

wraith form Replicator
September 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry I'm new and I wasn't thinking.

Wraith_Boy
September 25th, 2007, 09:27 AM

Of course that is the only possible solution as has been speculated a few times since 'Progeny' aired. In S1, we saw it kill all humans that it came into contact with, yet if they had the ATA gene, then they would be unaffected by having it in their system. So it has to be the Lanteans found out they were destroying humans throughout the galaxy, then they were forced to go to Asuras & wipe them out.

If the Asurans don't bother with humans & suddenly only attack the Wraith. Then the writers have made one of their biggest screw-ups ever in the history of Stargate. The Lanteans were losing the war, went to Asurans & tried to destroy all the nanites. Yet all they had to do was hit a button to turn on their primary mission function & they went out & killed all the Wraith off. Instead they forgot to actually activate it & fled the galaxy with tails between their legs. It had to have been turned on originally by them. The Lanteans seen humans were being killed to starve the Wraith out, they then turned it off & went to wipe out the Asurans to make sure it never happened again.

If the Asurans don't attack any humans & only concenrate on the Wraith, then it's a major, major, major screw-up on the writers part. I honestly don't think they'd be stupid enough to let this slip past them & so I beleive that we'll see the Asurans attack human worlds, forcing the Wraith & humans to work together.

Alipeeps
September 25th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I agree with Alipeeps, but I also think what would have worked would have been putting *Spoilers for Lifeline* in the thread title so people who didn't want to see spoilers for this episode would have steered clear. Then you wouldn't have to the info in spoiler tags.

ONe or the other of which is required under GW rules.

Which is why it's always a good idea to a) read the FAQ and b) take the time to familiarise yourself with the functions and accepted etiquette of a forum before rushing to post.

g.o.d
September 25th, 2007, 09:46 AM
ONe or the other of which is required under GW rules.

Which is why it's always a good idea to a) read the FAQ and b) take the time to familiarise yourself with the functions and accepted etiquette of a forum before rushing to post.

how many times will people repeat this??? IT IS OBVIOUS THAT "ATLANTIS-SEASON FOUR" CONTAINS SPOILERS. *mod snip*:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mod note: please don't call other members names - if there is a spoiler accidentally posted just report it and we'll take care of it.

Alipeeps
September 25th, 2007, 09:52 AM
A) GateWorld RULES are that plot information of episodes not yet seen in syndication must be either spoiler tagged or have spoiler warnings in the post title in ANY THREAD OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL EPISODE DISCUSSION THREADS.

B) This plot information refers to episodes which have not even aired yet officially and GateWorld has decreed that the same rules apply - if not even more so - with regard to discussing the plots of these episodes.

C) Just because people want to read spoilers and speculation about upcoming eps, does not mean that they want to be exposed to detailed discussion of plot points by people who have already seen the episodes.

D) That's what the spoiler tagging system is THERE for, so that people can choose to avoid information they don't wish to see.

E) It's called consideration for other users... not everyone wants or enjoys the same level of spoilers.. and it's better to err on the side of caution and spoiler tag things rather than risk ruining things for people who didn't want to know *quite* that much spoiler info thanks...

Redhooks
September 25th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I think it all has to do with the level of spoilers. It is one thing to speculate on the episodes based on released spoilers, but I disagree with you when this person was talking about a specific episode that has not been shown yet except through leaked review videos. I have no problem going into the season 4 folder and look at speculation of an episode, but this info was directly from the episode and sounds like a huge plot point.
Edit: I see Alipeeps beat me to it and said it much better than I did.

Pegasus_SGA
September 25th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Don't worry, it happens to all of us when we get excited. :P Loved your thoughts and welcome to GW. Don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something or PM one of us. Mistakes happen, hell I still make them. :D

Mattathias2.0
September 27th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Of course that is the only possible solution as has been speculated a few times since 'Progeny' aired. In S1, we saw it kill all humans that it came into contact with, yet if they had the ATA gene, then they would be unaffected by having it in their system. So it has to be the Lanteans found out they were destroying humans throughout the galaxy, then they were forced to go to Asuras & wipe them out.

If the Asurans don't bother with humans & suddenly only attack the Wraith. Then the writers have made one of their biggest screw-ups ever in the history of Stargate. The Lanteans were losing the war, went to Asurans & tried to destroy all the nanites. Yet all they had to do was hit a button to turn on their primary mission function & they went out & killed all the Wraith off. Instead they forgot to actually activate it & fled the galaxy with tails between their legs. It had to have been turned on originally by them. The Lanteans seen humans were being killed to starve the Wraith out, they then turned it off & went to wipe out the Asurans to make sure it never happened again.

If the Asurans don't attack any humans & only concenrate on the Wraith, then it's a major, major, major screw-up on the writers part. I honestly don't think they'd be stupid enough to let this slip past them & so I beleive that we'll see the Asurans attack human worlds, forcing the Wraith & humans to work together.

I agree although...

Weir is suppose to be in "This Mortal Coil" and since she was captured by the Asurans in "Lifeline", maybe she has a hand in the war against them.

I also wonder about the Travelers and if they might fight in this one, because the Asurans could destroy them more easily than the Wraith, at this point.

Maybe it'll be Tauri-Wraith-Travelers vs Asurans in the galactic battle!

Mitchell82
September 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I agree although...

Weir is suppose to be in "This Mortal Coil" and since she was captured by the Asurans in "Lifeline", maybe she has a hand in the war against them.

I also wonder about the Travelers and if they might fight in this one, because the Asurans could destroy them more easily than the Wraith, at this point.

Maybe it'll be Tauri-Wraith-Travelers vs Asurans in the galactic battle!
Or mabey she actually joins them and plots against us.

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Ok guys. I figured I'd revive this thread for tonight. From where I'm sitting it's 7hours and 35 minutes till air time. Looking very forward to this ep tonight.

Mattathias2.0
October 5th, 2007, 01:25 PM
4h 35m and counting, ATM.

Tippy
October 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Weeeeeeeeee! I'm watchin it ^_^ Great start so far!!!

Mattathias2.0
October 5th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Love it!