Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Mallozzi's Poem (Contains S3 & S4 Spoilers & Speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Mallozzi's Poem (Contains S3 & S4 Spoilers & Speculation)

Ok, this is the first time I've tried to start a thread, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum, or if there's already a thread for this. I looked around and didn't find one though, so I hope it's ok.

I know there's other threads discussing the spoilers coming out. I wanted to start this one mainly to discuss the poem in relation to the spoilers, and which episodes you all think the lines apply to, and also, what possibilities could be indicated by some of the lines. For example, who's going to be the parent?

Here's what Joe said about the poem.

"The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more."

I've put in my ideas about which episode I think each line is referring to. Feel free to tell me if you think some are wrong.

The dawn of each season brings ideas galore
    Some which survive, others shown the door,
    Like that time travel story, or the love romp not done,
    Or the Dark Daniel arc trimmed from six tales to one.

We begin each new year with the best of intentions,
    Seeking to craft our inspired inventions.
    But conditions are altered, storylines change,
    From the original notion so far may they range.

So as we look forward to two thousand and seven,
    I can’t help but think it would truly be heaven,
    To see the ideas pitched out, some produced,
    Make it as finals, not crossed out or reduced.

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,-Doppelganger
    While the team will explore that dark sunken lair. - Submersion

For one player worship, adoration and fame, The Game-both lines
    As he and his rival find it’s more than a game.

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman. - The Seer
    Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - Promised followup to Common Ground?

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage. - Travelers
    A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village. - Irresponsible

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn. - Sunday
    A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn. - Missing

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,- The Ark
    While the thinker receives an enlightening shock. - Tao of Rodney

Mutations discovered, O’Neill is all wet. Vengeance/Return pt 2
    With a change of location all will forget. - Tabula Rasa

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction. - Echoes
    Our hand will be forced by ominous construction. - First Strike

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts. - Reunion
    One of our own the enemy courts.

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Adrift/?
    While an alien contact this player dooms - This Mortal Coil?

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
    And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother. - Miller's Crossing?

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
    While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - Carson Beckett's return

Scheduling conflicts, production demands,
    Changes necessitate all won’t go as planned.
    But let’s hope these ideas do well find their way,
    And all see the light of a t.v. one day.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 17 April 2007, 02:06 PM. Reason: Updating guesses :)
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
    While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance
    Carson, Perhaps?
    Sometimes the truth........
    Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
    Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
    - General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Casanova View Post
      Carson, Perhaps?
      That would be cool!
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

I'm figuring either a Teyla arc or a Ronon arc, but nothing from the titles we've been given so far.

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another
        What's the ep with John going back to earth? I'm not sure if it was named. But JM mentions this in his blog. Does John have a kid?! Holy Mother of Migraines!

---Or this could relate to the Vala story arc in SG1. Since he's mixed in SG1 S10 arcs here.

Holy Caboodles Batman!! Carson comes back from the dead. Or wait is it Ford?! Oh man, I think this is either Carson or Ford.

Late Fallen is hard to get. I don't know if Ford is really Early Fallen, since he could be presumed to be dead in The Hive, equates to Late. And he was sort of a fallen angel from the SGA team when he got addicted.

While it could also relate to Carson who just recently died.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

"Parenthood for another"...Whats that about who is going to be a parent?

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post

As I said in my earlier post, I think it's most likely related to Vala in S10 of SG1, since he's mixed that in there. But then again we also know that John was married or could have been married at one time, and I know John goes back to earth---JM said it in his blog, so we don't know what surprises might lay ahead for John in the future. He could have a kid for all we know.

But all this is serious specs. If it's true Peggy is in for some craziness in S4!

VB

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              I'm figuring either a Teyla arc or a Ronon arc, but nothing from the titles we've been given so far.

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another
              What's the ep with John going back to earth? I'm not sure if it was named. But JM mentions this in his blog. Does John have a kid?! Holy Mother of Migraines!
              I hadn't heard about John going back to earth! Hmm. Maybe it is John. And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother Maybe he and Rodney go back to earth in the same episode?

---Or this could relate to the Vala story arc in SG1. Since he's mixed in SG1 S10 arcs here.
              I was under the impression that, although he does mention S10 arcs in the introduction, that the lines in the main body of the poem all refer to Atlantis stories. I could be wrong though.

Holy Caboodles Batman!! Carson comes back from the dead. Or wait is it Ford?! Oh man, I think this is either Carson or Ford.

Late Fallen is hard to get. I don't know if Ford is really Early Fallen, since he could be presumed to be dead in The Hive, equates to Late. And he was sort of a fallen angel from the SGA team when he got addicted.

While it could also relate to Carson who just recently died.
              Carson was my first guess too, but there's this line...
              "While an alien contact this player dooms."
              Maybe some one else dies, and then comes back in the next episode.

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post

I'm not sure anyone is. It's an interesting idea though. Maybe it just refers to one of the team members having to act as a parent for a while, even if the child is not actually theirs.
              - Life after Stargate -
              sigpic

Comment

Oops, didn't say the whole thing Killdeer. Yup, John and Mckay go back to earth and there's a chance that Ronon goes. Because it was asked if Ronon might be going, and JM gave a shady response which wasn't a yes or no. So that could be a go. We were hearing chitchat about McKay's sister's coming back, so you never know if it was just talk.

Let me see if I can find that reference.

Comment

Oops, didn't say the whole thing Killdeer. Yup, John and Mckay go back to earth and there's a chance that Ronon goes. Because it was asked if Ronon might be going, and JM gave a shady response which wasn't a yes or no. So that could be a go. We were hearing chitchat about McKay's sister's coming back, so you never know if it was just talk.

Let me see if I can find that reference.
                  Oh very very cool! That sounds awesome! I hope Ronan does get to go. I guess it's not the first time he's been on Earth, but it would be fun to see.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh very very cool! That sounds awesome! I hope Ronan does get to go. I guess it's not the first time he's been on Earth, but it would be fun to see.
                    I can't find the reference at the moment. But I think I remember reading implication to the fact that we'll be getting more John Sheppard backstory but of his time before he was in Antartica or before Peggy. So it would be pretty much a backstory but of him on Earth. We might be getting memory shots or him actually going back there. I think the latter, only because we had Phantoms and Home was all the way back in S1 and not really home.

Then I'm sure you had heard the rumors in fandom of Mac's sister probably coming back again. Who knows she just might and they wrote the storyline to work it...And the statement about Ronon was more along the lines of Ronon goes to earth and gets recruited through baywatch. But we were like if there's a chance John goes, JM could be throwing us off the mark and Ronon might go to earth too. Anyway JM makes these things highly suspect.

Specs are great, when there's no real proof out there. But I think there's a chance it could be John related. Although I still think it's more so Vala.

Again, I'll see about getting the straight quotes probably tomorrow so you can see what I mean, unless someone beats me to it.

Comment

Again, I'll see about getting the straight quotes probably tomorrow so you can see what I mean, unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks! Um, you've mentioned "Peggy" a couple of times now. I'm not getting the reference, sorry. <confused look>
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Isn't it clear? Hyperion is the name of our next ship.
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Thanks! Um, you've mentioned "Peggy" a couple of times now. I'm not getting the reference, sorry. <confused look>

I'm thinking Peggy = Peg = Pegasus = Pegasus Galaxy.

Am I right?

Comment

You know what would be hil-arious... if all this poem had absolutely no truth in it, it was just a complete fabrication that he wrote for fun (I say this, because in his position I would do exactly the same things).
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Carson was my first guess too, but there's this line...
                              "While an alien contact this player dooms."
                              Maybe some one else dies, and then comes back in the next episode.
                              I remember reading that Rodney dies, and then is revived in the next episode thanks to Ancient tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X