PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mallozzi's Poem (Contains S3 & S4 Spoilers & Speculation)

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Ok, this is the first time I've tried to start a thread, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum, or if there's already a thread for this. I looked around and didn't find one though, so I hope it's ok.

I know there's other threads discussing the spoilers coming out. I wanted to start this one mainly to discuss the poem in relation to the spoilers, and which episodes you all think the lines apply to, and also, what possibilities could be indicated by some of the lines. For example, who's going to be the parent? :D

Here's what Joe said about the poem.

"The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more."

I've put in my ideas about which episode I think each line is referring to. Feel free to tell me if you think some are wrong.

The dawn of each season brings ideas galore
Some which survive, others shown the door,
Like that time travel story, or the love romp not done,
Or the Dark Daniel arc trimmed from six tales to one.

We begin each new year with the best of intentions,
Seeking to craft our inspired inventions.
But conditions are altered, storylines change,
From the original notion so far may they range.

So as we look forward to two thousand and seven,
I can’t help but think it would truly be heaven,
To see the ideas pitched out, some produced,
Make it as finals, not crossed out or reduced.

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,-Doppelganger
While the team will explore that dark sunken lair. - Submersion

For one player worship, adoration and fame, The Game-both lines
As he and his rival find it’s more than a game.

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman. - The Seer
Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - Promised followup to Common Ground?

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage. - Travelers
A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village. - Irresponsible

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn. - Sunday
A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn. - Missing

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,- The Ark
While the thinker receives an enlightening shock. - Tao of Rodney

Mutations discovered, O’Neill is all wet. Vengeance/Return pt 2
With a change of location all will forget. - Tabula Rasa

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction. - Echoes
Our hand will be forced by ominous construction. - First Strike

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts. - Reunion
One of our own the enemy courts.

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Adrift/?
While an alien contact this player dooms - This Mortal Coil?

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother. - Miller's Crossing?

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - Carson Beckett's return

Scheduling conflicts, production demands,
Changes necessitate all won’t go as planned.
But let’s hope these ideas do well find their way,
And all see the light of a t.v. one day.

Casanova
March 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance

Carson, Perhaps?

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Carson, Perhaps?

That would be cool!

vaberella
March 10th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'm figuring either a Teyla arc or a Ronon arc, but nothing from the titles we've been given so far.

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another
What's the ep with John going back to earth? I'm not sure if it was named. But JM mentions this in his blog. Does John have a kid?! Holy Mother of Migraines! :D

---Or this could relate to the Vala story arc in SG1. Since he's mixed in SG1 S10 arcs here.

Holy Caboodles Batman!! Carson comes back from the dead. Or wait is it Ford?! Oh man, I think this is either Carson or Ford.

Late Fallen is hard to get. I don't know if Ford is really Early Fallen, since he could be presumed to be dead in The Hive, equates to Late. And he was sort of a fallen angel from the SGA team when he got addicted.

While it could also relate to Carson who just recently died.

Jodi518
March 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM

"Parenthood for another"...Whats that about who is going to be a parent?

vaberella
March 10th, 2007, 09:29 PM

As I said in my earlier post, I think it's most likely related to Vala in S10 of SG1, since he's mixed that in there. But then again we also know that John was married or could have been married at one time, and I know John goes back to earth---JM said it in his blog, so we don't know what surprises might lay ahead for John in the future. He could have a kid for all we know.

But all this is serious specs. If it's true Peggy is in for some craziness in S4!

VB

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 09:39 PM
I'm figuring either a Teyla arc or a Ronon arc, but nothing from the titles we've been given so far.

What's the ep with John going back to earth? I'm not sure if it was named. But JM mentions this in his blog. Does John have a kid?! Holy Mother of Migraines! :D

I hadn't heard about John going back to earth! Hmm. Maybe it is John. And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother Maybe he and Rodney go back to earth in the same episode?

---Or this could relate to the Vala story arc in SG1. Since he's mixed in SG1 S10 arcs here.

I was under the impression that, although he does mention S10 arcs in the introduction, that the lines in the main body of the poem all refer to Atlantis stories. I could be wrong though.

Holy Caboodles Batman!! Carson comes back from the dead. Or wait is it Ford?! Oh man, I think this is either Carson or Ford.

Late Fallen is hard to get. I don't know if Ford is really Early Fallen, since he could be presumed to be dead in The Hive, equates to Late. And he was sort of a fallen angel from the SGA team when he got addicted.

While it could also relate to Carson who just recently died.

Carson was my first guess too, but there's this line...
"While an alien contact this player dooms."
Maybe some one else dies, and then comes back in the next episode. :confused:

I'm not sure anyone is. ;) It's an interesting idea though. Maybe it just refers to one of the team members having to act as a parent for a while, even if the child is not actually theirs.

vaberella
March 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Oops, didn't say the whole thing Killdeer. Yup, John and Mckay go back to earth and there's a chance that Ronon goes. Because it was asked if Ronon might be going, and JM gave a shady response which wasn't a yes or no. So that could be a go. We were hearing chitchat about McKay's sister's coming back, so you never know if it was just talk.

Let me see if I can find that reference.

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Oops, didn't say the whole thing Killdeer. Yup, John and Mckay go back to earth and there's a chance that Ronon goes. Because it was asked if Ronon might be going, and JM gave a shady response which wasn't a yes or no. So that could be a go. We were hearing chitchat about McKay's sister's coming back, so you never know if it was just talk.

Let me see if I can find that reference.

Oh very very cool! That sounds awesome! :D I hope Ronan does get to go. I guess it's not the first time he's been on Earth, but it would be fun to see.

vaberella
March 10th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Oh very very cool! That sounds awesome! :D I hope Ronan does get to go. I guess it's not the first time he's been on Earth, but it would be fun to see.

I can't find the reference at the moment. But I think I remember reading implication to the fact that we'll be getting more John Sheppard backstory but of his time before he was in Antartica or before Peggy. So it would be pretty much a backstory but of him on Earth. We might be getting memory shots or him actually going back there. I think the latter, only because we had Phantoms and Home was all the way back in S1 and not really home.

Then I'm sure you had heard the rumors in fandom of Mac's sister probably coming back again. Who knows she just might and they wrote the storyline to work it...And the statement about Ronon was more along the lines of Ronon goes to earth and gets recruited through baywatch. But we were like if there's a chance John goes, JM could be throwing us off the mark and Ronon might go to earth too. Anyway JM makes these things highly suspect.

Specs are great, when there's no real proof out there. But I think there's a chance it could be John related. Although I still think it's more so Vala.

Again, I'll see about getting the straight quotes probably tomorrow so you can see what I mean, unless someone beats me to it. :D

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Again, I'll see about getting the straight quotes probably tomorrow so you can see what I mean, unless someone beats me to it. :D

Thanks!:) Um, you've mentioned "Peggy" a couple of times now. I'm not getting the reference, sorry. <confused look>

metabog
March 10th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Isn't it clear? Hyperion is the name of our next ship.

PG15
March 10th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks!:) Um, you've mentioned "Peggy" a couple of times now. I'm not getting the reference, sorry. <confused look>

I'm thinking Peggy = Peg = Pegasus = Pegasus Galaxy.

Am I right? ;)

Deevil
March 10th, 2007, 11:20 PM
You know what would be hil-arious... if all this poem had absolutely no truth in it, it was just a complete fabrication that he wrote for fun (I say this, because in his position I would do exactly the same things).

Zed.P.M.
March 10th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Carson was my first guess too, but there's this line...
Maybe some one else dies, and then comes back in the next episode. :confused:
I remember reading that Rodney dies, and then is revived in the next episode thanks to Ancient tech.

jenks
March 11th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Carson, Perhaps?

I hope not, I cringe to think what cheap and tacky way they'll think up to bring him back. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's Ford.

Phil
March 11th, 2007, 04:06 AM

Sorry to dissapoint you people but thats Michael in "Vengeance" :(

Klenotka
March 11th, 2007, 04:21 AM

I would say that it could be Jeannie, the parent, pregnant again and wants Rodney back in Earth. And the self-doubt? JM mentioned (I am not sure if he joked, but it didn´t look like joking) that Rodney is in happy relationship. Is it possible that his girlfriend (whoever is that) pushes a little at Rodney and it could be the self-doubt part. But I am just guessing here of course;)

vaberella
March 11th, 2007, 05:38 AM

Am I right? ;)
You're right. I was talking to my mate Sanssong and she was like ..."and in the Peggy." and I'm like Peggy?! Wicked cool! I love that name for the PG. And so of course I had to ask her where she got it from and she was like in BSG they call the Pegasus Battlestar---Peggy. I just thought it was cool. I'm easy to please!

You know what would be hil-arious... if all this poem had absolutely no truth in it, it was just a complete fabrication that he wrote for fun (I say this, because in his position I would do exactly the same things).
Likely, but that's why it's so much fun to spec, come on now, you know you want to participate in the craziness.

I would say that it could be Jeannie, the parent, pregnant again and wants Rodney back in Earth. And the self-doubt? JM mentioned (I am not sure if he joked, but it didn´t look like joking) that Rodney is in happy relationship. Is it possible that his girlfriend (whoever is that) pushes a little at Rodney and it could be the self-doubt part. But I am just guessing here of course;)
I get what you're saying, but does it make for a new exciting ep of Stargate Atlantis? I mean it sounds like another over used episode of General Hospital. Nothing dynamic either, I mean his sister must be real selfish after realizing her brother is doing important work but wants him to leave it behind for her.

Oh Rods girlfriend (evil woman ~sigh~) is that botanist with the red hair, initially introduced in Duet.

Ahhh, so simple-minded as to assume only the Lanteans...late fallen of the wraith works as well. But how is that surprising? We figured back in S2 he'd be in S3, and since he made it out alive (RIP Kolya) in S3, we know he's gonna be in S4 not very surprising.

SallyLizzie
March 11th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - Promised followup to Common Ground?
I think you'll find that line is Common Ground. Don't forget that it covers the end of S3, plus some of S4.

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction. - This one is confusing-it could be Echoes also, since Hyperion is one name for the sun god according to Wikipedia
Don't think so as there's already a line for Echoes.

In addition to the mythos you mentioned, Hyperion is the sixteenth of Saturn's known satellites, and is the largest highly irregular (non-spherical) body in the solar system. It's unstable, chaotic rotation could mean an episode where a large asteroid runs on a collision course with Atlantis. Actually, couldn't that refer to First Strike (in junction with the line underneath it)?

Source: http://www.nineplanets.org/hyperion.html

And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother. - possible followup to McKay & Mrs Miller?
Again, I think that is McKay & Mrs Miller. The 'one' and 'another' refering to the two McKays; Rodney doubting himself and Jeanie being a mom. And the 'needing her brother' refering to them having to work together to find the solution. (Besides, at Peg2, Kate said as of then there were no plans to bring back Jeanie and JM's poem was put up before Peg2)

Killdeer
March 11th, 2007, 06:25 AM
I think you'll find that line is Common Ground. Don't forget that it covers the end of S3, plus some of S4.

Don't think so as there's already a line for Echoes.

In addition to the mythos you mentioned, Hyperion is the sixteenth of Saturn's known satellites, and is the largest highly irregular (non-spherical) body in the solar system. It's unstable, chaotic rotation could mean an episode where a large asteroid runs on a collision course with Atlantis. Actually, couldn't that refer to First Strike (in junction with the line underneath it)?

Source: http://www.nineplanets.org/hyperion.html

Again, I think that is McKay & Mrs Miller. The 'one' and 'another' refering to the two McKays; Rodney doubting himself and Jeanie being a mom. And the 'needing her brother' refering to them having to work together to find the solution. (Besides, at Peg2, Kate said as of then there were no plans to bring back Jeanie and JM's poem was put up before Peg2)

Actually, Common Ground and McKay & Mrs Miller both aired in the first half of Season 3 (as numbers 7 & 8 respectively). I thought the same as you at first until I found the quote saying that none of the first half of Season three was referred to.

The Hyperion line could refer to Echoes, I think. Not sure. But if it does, that would mean that Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares refers to a different episode, perhaps one we haven't seen yet. Hmmm.... that's an interesting idea. I don't think it refers to First Strike, because the line underneath it does, and according to Joe :D , "Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode.", and I think that's the two lines about The Game.

I could be wrong though! :D

Killdeer
March 11th, 2007, 06:40 AM

I didn't think of that, but hey, it would fit in with their naming pattern! :)

I remember reading that Rodney dies, and then is revived in the next episode thanks to Ancient tech.

Yeah, I think there were some rumors floating around to that effect in regards to the Doppelganger episode. So...could be! As long as they don't kill him off permanently! ;)

This line could refer to Vengeance. That would mean "Mutations discovered" refers to something else. Actually, when I was first going through the poem, I assigned Vengeance to the line "While the team will explore that dark sunken lair" before deciding that it worked better for Submersion. :confused:

Am I right? ;)

You're right. I was talking to my mate Sanssong and she was like ..."and in the Peggy." and I'm like Peggy?! Wicked cool! I love that name for the PG. And so of course I had to ask her where she got it from and she was like in BSG they call the Pegasus Battlestar---Peggy. I just thought it was cool. I'm easy to please!

Thanks! Sorry-I'm a little slow some days-should have been able to figure that one out! :o

Killdeer
March 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM

I get what you're saying, but does it make for a new exciting ep of Stargate Atlantis? I mean it sounds like another over used episode of General Hospital. Nothing dynamic either, I mean his sister must be real selfish after realizing her brother is doing important work but wants him to leave it behind for her.

I was just thinking about this again. It would be selfish of Jeannie unless something major happened to her. What if her husband was killed? Or someone has a major illness or is dying? Their parents? We don't know if they're still alive or not. Or Jeannie's daughter?

All speculation....:D As far as the self-doubt goes, I too thought it might be Rodney, but more in connection with his work than his relationships. But maybe not.

sgeureka
March 12th, 2007, 05:24 AM
You know what would be hil-arious... if all this poem had absolutely no truth in it, it was just a complete fabrication that he wrote for fun (I say this, because in his position I would do exactly the same things).No, not funny. :) JM said it was the real deal.

---Or this could relate to the Vala story arc in SG1. Since he's mixed in SG1 S10 arcs here.JM said in a later blog entry that all of the poem was about Atlantis.

Holy Caboodles Batman!! Carson comes back from the dead. Or wait is it Ford?! Oh man, I think this is either Carson or Ford. JM said quite recently that TPTB don't have any plans yet to bring back Ford in S4. But what about Weir? Literally speaking, she "fell", and we know she'll be part of a major arc in S4, although she's severely hurt.

But other versions sound much better than mine, e.g. Phil's "Michael" version.

grizzlyadoms
March 12th, 2007, 01:59 PM
that would make sense for the name but what about the threatening of total destruction,maybe its the new powerful race. Or maybe an asuran ship that finds atlantis all gimped in space and getting ready to destroy it.

Gravity
March 12th, 2007, 09:37 PM
...Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more....

THis is not from the Poem, but what was said by Joe about the Poem...

Please tell me that the last part means that we will have stories flowing over into two or more episodes! It would really be great if that would happen!

sgeureka
March 13th, 2007, 03:40 AM
...Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more....

THis is not from the Poem, but what was said by Joe about the Poem...

Please tell me that the last part means that we will have stories flowing over into two or more episodes! It would really be great if that would happen!No, fans at the time were very focused on finding *one* episode for each stanza, so he pointed out that that wasn't the case. Sorry. :)

From JM's blog today: http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/03/march-12-2007.html

UberAmandaFan writes: “That poem you wrote with hints about the show...does it need to be edited at all?”

Answer: No. All of the clues I offered are still in play. Maybe what I’ll do in the coming days is re-post the poem but with an indication of which season the individual hints pertain to.

RepliHawk
March 13th, 2007, 07:32 AM
maybe its the new powerful race.

I hope its a new race

vaberella
March 13th, 2007, 09:20 PM
No, fans at the time were very focused on finding *one* episode for each stanza, so he pointed out that that wasn't the case. Sorry. :)

From JM's blog today: http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/03/march-12-2007.html

UberAmandaFan writes: “That poem you wrote with hints about the show...does it need to be edited at all?”

Answer: No. All of the clues I offered are still in play. Maybe what I’ll do in the coming days is re-post the poem but with an indication of which season the individual hints pertain to.

I adore JM, bless him. I need to send him some chocolates. Now, if I wasn't allergic to chocolate... ~sigh~ Damn those chocograines!!:(

Killdeer
March 15th, 2007, 06:12 PM
JM said quite recently that TPTB don't have any plans yet to bring back Ford in S4. But what about Weir? Literally speaking, she "fell", and we know she'll be part of a major arc in S4, although she's severely hurt.

That's plausible. I think that's a pretty good theory, actually. So, for now we have five candidates for the "late fallen one"

1) Elizabeth
2) Michael
3) Possible season four cast member death (see rumors about Rodney)
4) Carson
5) Ford

I think probably 1 or 3 are the most likely. I really doubt they'll bring Carson or Ford back, but I'd be happy to be surprised. And the more I think about it, the more I really don't think Michael fits. Elizabeth works better, especially if she is the one who goes missing. I could be wrong...this is all speculation of course.

Very cool! Hopefully we'll get more hints soon. :) BTW, I started this thread just for fun, really. Since it's all speculation at this point, I thought it would be fun to discuss the possibilites suggested by the hints, and the alternatives, realistic or outrageous. I didn't mean for any of it to be taken overly seriously - sorry if it came across that way. :o Thanks to all of you who posted! :D

rien
March 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM
"one of our own the enemy courts"

so basically one of atlantis enemies is gonna try to chat up one of the main cast probably for nefarious purposes. this is just random speculation but on mallozis blog entry for march 13th he makes an offhand comment that their gonna ship sheppard with a wraith queen. would be funny if it turned out he wasnt joking.

oh those two lines that everyone thinks refers to the game, well the first line says about fame adoration type stuff etc. for ONE and both shep and mckay got that stuff from their respective civilisations so i dont think the first line refers to the game.

PG15
March 26th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Actually, McKay CLEARLY got more adoration from his sims.

rien
March 27th, 2007, 03:33 AM
hmmm, okay it i humbly concede that both lines probably do refer to the game
(tho theres always the possibility the top line could refer to another episode, afterall the whole team goes thru stargate and gets mistaken for gods etc was done loadsa times in SG-1 and in the brotherhood the locals believed that the team was ancients and held them in high regard until mckay let slip the truth)

Listy
March 28th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,- Echoes

Do we know if this is definately Echoes? I know it totally fits as an Echoes line, but can't help but think it could also be for Doppelganger - probably totally wrong, just keeps jumping into my head is all.

Killdeer
March 28th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Do we know if this is definately Echoes? I know it totally fits as an Echoes line, but can't help but think it could also be for Doppelganger - probably totally wrong, just keeps jumping into my head is all.

Oh no - nothing is definate until Joe Mallozzi says it is (it is his poem after all :D). I was just working with the information I had at the time, and Echoes seemed to fit there the best. I haven't heard anything about Doppelganger yet, so have no idea whether it could fit or not. It might! There is another line that could work for Echoes, so....maybe?

Listy
March 29th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Oh no - nothing is definate until Joe Mallozzi says it is (it is his poem after all :D). I was just working with the information I had at the time, and Echoes seemed to fit there the best. I haven't heard anything about Doppleganger yet, so have no idea whether it could fit or not. It might! There is another line that could work for Echoes, so....maybe?

Cool you should check out the Doppelganger thread (unless you are going for spoiler free:) )

I just wasn't sure as am pretty new to JM's blog am completely addicted but have only started reading over the past few months, so didn't want to just come stomping in here with my opinion and make an idiot out of my self if someone had already confirmed it was Echoes :)

Team SG-1*save the show*
March 29th, 2007, 09:02 AM

Carson??? Ford????

rien
March 29th, 2007, 10:50 AM
late fallen one could be kolya:sheppardanime32:
or anyone whos going to get killed in the first episode of season 4. theres a rumour mckay will get killed in first ep then resurrected by ancient device in next ep so it could be him

(PS the reason sheps crying is cause he doesnt want kolya back!)

Sheppard's Delight
March 29th, 2007, 12:18 PM
late fallen one could be kolya:sheppardanime32:
or anyone whos going to get killed in the first episode of season 4. theres a rumour mckay will get killed in first ep then resurrected by ancient device in next ep so it could be him

(PS the reason sheps crying is cause he doesnt want kolya back!)

Koyla coming back would be awesome!!!!

But true there is the McKay rumour that seems to be going around here and there!

sherryw
March 29th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Koyla coming back would be awesome!!!!

But true there is the McKay rumour that seems to be going around here and there!

I agree Kolya coming back would be great. I hope that rumor isn't true cause honestly how many times can Rodney die or almost die? Well I guess that doesn't really matter. How many times did Daniel die in SG1 and come back? :lol:

Killdeer
March 29th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Cool you should check out the Doppelganger thread (unless you are going for spoiler free:) )

I just wasn't sure as am pretty new to JM's blog am completely addicted but have only started reading over the past few months, so didn't want to just come stomping in here with my opinion and make an idiot out of my self if someone had already confirmed it was Echoes :)

No, not spoiler free. I just wasn't aware there were any concrete spoilers out for Doppelganger yet. I've heard some rumors flying around, but nothing solid. So I was just waiting.....:D

Nothing here is confirmed, except that the lines do refer to Atlantis, not SG1, and only the last 10 episodes of Season 3 and presumably all of Season 4. The red notes are just my thoughts when I put up the thread, and thought it would be fun to discuss. All opinions welcome-you're not making an idiot of yourself! :)

Killdeer
April 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother. - Miller's Crossing?

So Joe revealed another episode title tonight. What do you all think? Family crisis?

Zangetsu-san
April 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hmm that title sounds interesting, which makes me to think this one will be another McKay centric episode :)

sparkygate
April 4th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, (adift?)

hmmm... a possible grand battle????

Its 'a grand battle' meaning BIG battle but 'looms' war prehaps???

Afterall it is speculated that the 4th season will be dark like war!! Wraith, Ausrans and us battling it out to control the galaxy..... and also with the introduction of 'a new and powerful race' added in the mixture... NICE!

O_O now i really WANT TO WATCH THE NEXT SEASON!!!

Naonak
April 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction.
Our hand will be forced by ominous construction.

Isn't Hyperion sometimes used as another name for Apollo?

Wormhole
April 11th, 2007, 07:14 AM

Could this be The Real World?

Linzi
April 11th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Could this be The Real World?
I don't think so. I thought Joe had said that the poem was about the back half of season 3 with some season 4 spoilers hidden too? I could be wrong though. :)

cshawzye
April 11th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I don't think so. I thought Joe had said that the poem was about the back half of season 3 with some season 4 spoilers hidden too? I could be wrong though. :)

I think it did deal a little with s4, though I don't know how much because they wouldn't have had that much of the season plotted out yet when the poem came out. I'm also pretty sure he said that one or two of the lines also dealt with some SG1 stuff. Only a few though, as I thought that most of it dealt with Atlantis.

The line:
One of our own the enemy courts. I always thought was one of the ones that had to do with SG1 and Daniel. Though I could be totally wrong. It may have something to do with Atlantis s4. If it did my bet would be on something dealing with Ronon. It seems unlikely that it would be "The Real World" just because of the "courts" part. (Spoilers for Real World and Reunion) The nanites didn't court Weir at all they just took her over. Looking at the spoilers for Reunion though and the possibility that Ronon's Satedan friends might be wraith worshippers a line like that might fit.

Killdeer
April 11th, 2007, 07:44 AM
This is what Joe said about the poem. As far as I know, there are no SG-1 references in it.

"The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more."

"One of our own the enemy courts" Maybe this is referring to the Sheppard/Wraith Queen romance Joe's mentioned a couple of times. :D *tongue in cheek*

cshawzye
April 11th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Ah, cool. Not sure where I got that there were SG1 reference from. Hmm. Well that makes me look at some of the lines a little differently.

lol, Sheppard/Wraith Queen ... talk about chemistry! ;)

These are the lines I'm wondering at the most right now ...

A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.
I hope that this in part deals a little bit with an arc for Teyla s4. I was trying to think of places it might fit in the back end of s3, but I can't. Though since we have been told that s4 is going to be darker I guess it could deal with almost anyone ... hmmm.

And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.
Hmmm, dealing with "Miller's Crossing," perhaps?

Killdeer
April 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
These are the lines I'm wondering at the most right now ...

I hope that this in part deals a little bit with an arc for Teyla s4. I was trying to think of places it might fit in the back end of s3, but I can't. Though since we have been told that s4 is going to be darker I guess it could deal with almost anyone ... hmmm.

Hmmm, dealing with "Miller's Crossing," perhaps?

Well, I thought for a while that the disappearance would be Weir and that would be how they would write her out. Maybe have the background theme of searching for her all season. But now I'm not so sure. I'm still thinking it would be a cool way to explain her being gone, but... You're not the first person to suggest that the disappearance might be Teyla. I really hadn't thought of that, but it's possible. Maybe Michael takes her. Or maybe she's the one with the "dark turn" - that would actually be pretty awesome. I have a feeling that's probably going to be Sheppard though - just a hunch. He would be the most predictible one - but I kind of hope they surprise me. Having Teyla, or maybe even Carter, go darker would be a surprise, and might be interesting.

Yeah, I think the second line is probably Miller's Crossing. I'm excited about that one - I loved McKay & Mrs Miller. I have no idea why Jeannie would need McKay though...??

These are the lines I'm most curious about....

While an alien contact this player dooms.

Sounds like someone dies.... who?

...parenthood for another....

Who is the parent? McKay? I've heard Katie will be back, although I don't know for how many episodes. Maybe she gets pregnant? Or maybe the parent is Sheppard...he is the one with the Kirk reputation. The other options are Teyla...possible, but I doubt it, Carter - really really doubt it, and Ronan. Hmm.

Honestly I have no clue :D. But it's fun speculating!

lowriders95s10
April 11th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Heres my anyalsis using some of the recent spoilers

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,- Echoes/Doopelganger

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman. - The Seer posably
Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - JM said that our relansonship with the Wraith would take an unexpected turn

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage. - Travelers?

A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn. - Missing?

With a change of location all will forget. -

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction. - could be Echoes or something to do with Apollo

One of our own the enemy courts. - Travelers kidnapping Sheppard?

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Adrift/Lifeline

And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother. - Miller's Crossing

While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance- Beckett

cshawzye
April 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Well, I thought for a while that the disappearance would be Weir and that would be how they would write her out. Maybe have the background theme of searching for her all season. But now I'm not so sure. I'm still thinking it would be a cool way to explain her being gone, but... You're not the first person to suggest that the disappearance might be Teyla. I really hadn't thought of that, but it's possible. Maybe Michael takes her. Or maybe she's the one with the "dark turn" - that would actually be pretty awesome. I have a feeling that's probably going to be Sheppard though - just a hunch. He would be the most predictible one - but I kind of hope they surprise me. Having Teyla, or maybe even Carter, go darker would be a surprise, and might be interesting.

I think it'd be really interesting to see Teyla go a little bit dark. She's definitely had that kind of potential in her from the start. Perhaps the disapperance does refer to Weir and the dark turn to Teyla. If Weir disappears and their are mysterious circumstances behind it Teyla could be affected. Though I would imagine if it's Teyla's dark turn tham it would be Sheppard or maybe Ronon who disappear.

In the end I guess why I'd like to see Teyla be the character with the "dark turn" is because it may really give Rachel something to sink her teeth into and show us her skills as an actress.

Yeah, I think the second line is probably Miller's Crossing. I'm excited about that one - I loved McKay & Mrs Miller. I have no idea why Jeannie would need McKay though...??

I was wondering the same thing. Unless someone/something or somehow her involvement with Atlantis and what she knows comes out and she's hounded, or worse. Although in that case I wouldn't think she'd need Rodney so much as the protection of the air force or something akin to it.

Perhaps something like a McKay and Mrs. Miller? Where she's stumbled on something that needs Rodney's assistance. Although if it's tied to Miller's Crossing, a title that sounds rather ominous, maybe it has to do with Jeannie being ill ... Not really sure.

These are the lines I'm most curious about....

Sounds like someone dies.... who?

I thought maybe this had to do with ... *Sunday Spoilers*Beckett's death in Sunday. The contact with the alien device is directly respobsible for his death. If those scientists hadn't been exposed and infected with the exploding tumours than Beckett would still be alive.Although I think that's kind of far reaching on my part. Since it's not exactly a direct alien contact.

I was wondering if maybe it had to do with the stuff that went on in First Strike and maybe something to do with the Asurans. In that case than perhaps the "doomed" one is Weir? Not dead, but not in the same position she used to be in?

...parenthood for another....
Who is the parent? McKay? I've heard Katie will be back, although I don't know for how many episodes. Maybe she gets pregnant? Or maybe the parent is Sheppard...he is the one with the Kirk reputation. The other options are Teyla...possible, but I doubt it, Carter - really really doubt it, and Ronan. Hmm.

Honestly I have no clue :D. But it's fun speculating!

Interseting theory with McKay having parenthood lingering. If Jeannie needs his help and/or she dies in the series he could possibly get guardianship of her kids. But somehow I really don't see that happening. Though I must admit it might make for an interesting episode or two.

Yeah, the parenthood thing is mystery. With some of the other more vague lines, at least something in one of the episodes of season three can be tied to it. But this, not so much.

And yeah, it's soooo much fun to speculate!

sherryw
April 11th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I added my thoughts in RED.

Heres my anyalsis using some of the recent spoilers

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,- Echoes/Doopelganger

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman. - The Seer posably
Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - JM said that our relansonship with the Wraith would take an unexpected turn

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage. - Travelers?

A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn. - Missing?

With a change of location all will forget. - Adrift/Lifeline

One of our own the enemy courts. - Vengeance
Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, -
While an alien contact this player dooms - Doppelganger

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another -

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence - Tabula Rasa
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance- Beckett

Wormhole
April 11th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Been trying to find hints in the poem. This was posted on the Save Weir forum pointed out by Mcbarr.

While an alien contact this player dooms. (First Strike) (Just hope it’s not as bad as it sounds:( )

Alien Contact/Replicators

This Player Dooms/Dr Weir

PG15
April 11th, 2007, 10:48 PM
When I read that line, I interpreted quite differently. I read as this "player" dooming an alien contact. Like, for instance, a screwed up first contact situation.

Zangetsu-san
April 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM
My thoughts on these two from what I figured out myself today

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - First Strike/Adrift
While an alien contact this player dooms - Progeny/Doppelganger?

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 12th, 2007, 05:23 AM
I was thinking that 'Self-doubt for one' could refer to Carter. I heard somewhere that she would be somewhat reluctant to take command so it kinda fits. But I was also thinking it could refer to Weir. she could be having thoughts as to whether she can continue as leader of the expedition

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 06:33 AM
One of our own the enemy courts. - Travelers kidnapping Sheppard?

Intresting take on this line. I didn't really think of Sheppard. I thought maybe this could refer to Ronon, perhaps with the episode Reunion.

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 09:56 AM
When I read that line, I interpreted quite differently. I read as this "player" dooming an alien contact. Like, for instance, a screwed up first contact situation.

I hadn't thought of that. Could be! It's definately a more positive outlook on the situation.

I was thinking that 'Self-doubt for one' could refer to Carter. I heard somewhere that she would be somewhat reluctant to take command so it kinda fits. But I was also thinking it could refer to Weir. she could be having thoughts as to whether she can continue as leader of the expedition

I bet you're right - that it's either Carter or Weir. Probably Carter. Maybe they'll do a Zero Hour type episode for her. It would also be interesting if it were Rodney. He's always so sure of himself. It would be interesting to see his confidence in his abilities shaken.

Intresting take on this line. I didn't really think of Sheppard. I thought maybe this could refer to Ronon, perhaps with the episode Reunion.

Yeah - I was kind of thinking Ronan too.... but there's only one line for each episode (with one exception), so I was going with "a reunion of sorts" for Reunion, especially with the "Carter arrives" part. We know she's coming in Reunion.

Note: What I meant was each episode only has one line, with one exception, but one line can refer to more than one episode. :D So if you're sure that one line refers to a certain episode, you can eliminate that episode for referring to other lines. At least that's how I've taken this quote from Joe:

Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more.

But maybe I'm misinterpreting? It's certainly not definitive. What do you all think?

lowriders95s10
April 12th, 2007, 10:25 AM

it could be Reunion but with the Travelers spoilers saying that they set up satilites near spacegates to locate Sheppard I feel it applies more to Travelers or knowing JM it could refer to both

But maybe I'm misinterpreting? It's certainly not definitive. What do you all think?

I think you are because he says Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. meaning that only one of the two-line paragraphs refer to only one episode not that an episode is only refered to once. at least thats how I interpreted it.

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Note: What I meant was each episode only has one line, with one exception, but one line can refer to more than one episode. :D So if you're sure that one line refers to a certain episode, you can eliminate that episode for referring to other lines. At least that's how I've taken this quote from Joe:

Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more.

I think you are because he says Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. meaning that only one of the two-line paragraphs refer to only one episode not that an episode is only refered to once. at least thats how I interpreted it.
I think I'd tend to agree with lowriders on this one.

The way I understand what JM said is that, one stanza of the poem refers solely to one episode. If I was to guess I'd say that that stanza is this one:

For one player worship, adoration and fame,
Which I think it's pretty safe to say deals with the episode "The Game."

Then I guess each of the other lines refers to an episode, then the other line in that stanza would refer to a different episode. I'm not sure that means that an episode isn't alluded to more than once. Simply that in each stanza there are multiple episodes alluded to with the exception of that one stanza. So an episode could be mentioned multiple times but only once in any given stanza. I hope that makes sense ...

it could be Reunion but with the Travelers spoilers saying that they set up satilites near spacegates to locate Sheppard I feel it applies more to Travelers or knowing JM it could refer to both

It could refer to both for sure. The only reason I didn't think of it being Sheppard with "Travellers" is because I didn't get the sense, from spoilers, that those who kidnap Shep are necessarily enemies. Though I could be totally wrong on that.

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM

Maybe you're right. *sigh* I guess I've been thinking of it kind of like a puzzle (which probably explains why I've been so facinated by it :D ). If a piece fits here, then it can't also fit over there. Kind of an elimination process I suppose. But if I've been going about it all wrong....then I have absolutely no clue. :(

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Maybe you're right. *sigh* I guess I've been thinking of it kind of like a puzzle (which probably explains why I've been so facinated by it :D ). If a piece fits here, then it can't also fit over there. Kind of an elimination process I suppose. But if I've been going about it all wrong....then I have absolutely no clue. :(

Not exactly. I think you're definitely right about looking at it like a puzzle. Instead of thinking that a piece can only fit in one place just think of it like a puzzle that contains multiple extra pieces. Really, it's just a matter of looking back at some of those pieces that didn't fit at all in the past strategy of putting the puzzle that is this poem together. Maybe a line that you thought was something but didn't put it where your reaction said to because you already had a piece there. That's the great thing about this poem. There are soooo many ways to look at it. I don't think we're going to have any of the answers until season 4 has finished. Even then we may not be able to fit all the pieces together if a single line can refer to multiple episodes.

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Not exactly. I think you're definitely right about looking at it like a puzzle. Instead of thinking that a piece can only fit in one place just think of it like a puzzle that contains multiple extra pieces. Really, it's just a matter of looking back at some of those pieces that didn't fit at all in the past strategy of putting the puzzle that is this poem together. Maybe a line that you thought was something but didn't put it where your reaction said to because you already had a piece there. That's the great thing about this poem. There are soooo many ways to look at it. I don't think we're going to have any of the answers until season 4 has finished. Even then we may not be able to fit all the pieces together if a single line can refer to multiple episodes.

I guess you're right. I have to rethink this. :)

I was trying to figure out where I got the process of elimination idea. After scanning a month and a half of Joe's blog entries, I finally found this. I've quoted part of it before, but I had forgotten the context. Here's the whole thing.

February 14:

Question: “I’ve also been wondering whether any of the hints you incorporated into that rhyme you posted in your blog last year relate to what happens to Weir during S4?”

Answer: The rhyme alludes to each of the episodes in the back half of season 3 and many of the episodes we have in store for season 4. Once new episodes finally begin airing on SciFi, I’ll reveal the meaning behind the various clues. By process of elimination, you should be able to figure out more of the hints as season 3 progresses.

So.... I probably took the "process of elimination" thing a bit too seriously. Oh well. :D

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I guess you're right. I have to rethink this. :)

I was trying to figure out where I got the process of elimination idea. After scanning a month and a half of Joe's blog entries, I finally found this. I've quoted part of it before, but I had forgotten the context. Here's the whole thing.

Wow, impressive. I'm not sure I could have sat and gone through that much of Joe's blog. :) It's not bad on a first read but going through all of that ... Wow.

So I was reading the poem again and it seems there are a lot of promising things coming up for s4. What I'm looking most forward to, I think, is this:

Find the wraith and our allies have something in common.
But I'm rather curious as to when and in what episode we'll learn more. Any ideas?

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Wow, impressive. I'm not sure I could have sat and gone through that much of Joe's blog. :) It's not bad on a first read but going through all of that ... Wow.

Not really that impressive. :) When I say "scan" I mean exactly that - very fast scanning. I just look for certain words and the rest is mostly just jumble. :D

So I was reading the poem again and it seems there are a lot of promising things coming up for s4. What I'm looking most forward to, I think, is this:

But I'm rather curious as to when and in what episode we'll learn more. Any ideas?

No ideas on which episode. But spoilers do say that we will see the Wraith from Common Ground sometime in Season 4. Which personally, I'm very very excited about - Common Ground was one of the best SGA episodes ever, IMO.

Supposedly we will also find out how they reproduce, which I've always been curious about. Do they lay eggs like the Iratus bugs, or something else? Also, while I was scanning through Joe's blog, this quote did catch my eye:

February 11:

Our relationship with the wraith will take an interesting/alarming/unexpected turn. And, yes, they’ll continue to prove themselves a very serious threat.

So probably, the Wraith and humans(or maybe just the Atlantis crew?) having something in common is the unexpected turn. And it's not necessarily a good thing.

There's another thread discussing the whole "parenthood" issue that I brought up before, but I did see there were some speculations there that maybe the Wraith use humans as "incubators". That could be the alarming turn....

I don't know...*grin*. I'm all over the place with my guesses. :)

PG15
April 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
I thought perhaps those allies were the Asgard, and both them and Michael indulged in genetic manipulation, i.e. something in common.

I don't know...a lot of those lines could be linked to Vengeance one way or another.

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I thought perhaps those allies were the Asgard, and both them and Michael indulged in genetic manipulation, i.e. something in common.

I don't know...a lot of those lines could be linked to Vengeance one way or another.

Ha! I guess I wasn't reading carefully enough. Not the Wraith and the Atlantis team have something in common, but the Wraith and our allies have something in common. So who are our allies in the Pegasus Galaxy? The Athosians? The Genii? They're not really allies-they're just not actively attacking at the moment. The Travellers? Are they going to become allies?

Hmmm. Maybe this has something to do with Teyla's arc. The Wraith did experiment on her people, although I didn't think it was just Athosians.

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Maybe just allies in general? Not only Pegasus Galaxy allies but Earth's allies as well. That would definitely fit with the Asguard theory. Or someone has a level or type of technology similar to the Wraith?

I wonder if maybe we'll be gaining a new ally in season 4. That would be great since the team doesn't seem to have the best luck at making and keeping allies. The line could then be about those allies and we find out have more in common with the Wraith than we thought. Perhaps something to do with Ronon's friends in Reunion?

Or, could it deal with the people who kidnap Sheppard in Travellers?

BTW ... I definitely agree about Common Ground being one of the best episodes of Atlantis. And I'm definitely excited to get to see that wraith again.

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Maybe just allies in general? Not only Pegasus Galaxy allies but Earth's allies as well. That would definitely fit with the Asguard theory. Or someone has a level or type of technology similar to the Wraith?

I wonder if maybe we'll be gaining a new ally in season 4. That would be great since the team doesn't seem to have the best luck at making and keeping allies. The line could then be about those allies and we find out have more in common with the Wraith than we thought. Perhaps something to do with Ronon's friends in Reunion?

Or, could it deal with the people who kidnap Sheppard in Travellers?

BTW ... I definitely agree about Common Ground being one of the best episodes of Atlantis. And I'm definitely excited to get to see that wraith again.

Well....ok here's an idea....well, no...maybe not. I was going to say....maybe the Wraith and the Asgard have the same problem - they reproduce by cloning. But that doesn't work because of Elia, the Wraith child.

Ok, we're being introduced to the Travellers in "Travellers" :D. So, if they get past the whole kidnapping Sheppard thing, maybe they initially become allies, and then somehow the Atlantis team finds out, after a few episodes, that they have a darker, more sinister side, something more in line with the Wraith.

I'm out of ideas for the moment. :D

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Who knows, maybe the other line about the parenthood deals with the whole Wraith reproduction thing. I was also thinking that the kids from Childhood's End could be involved with that storyline but I'm not sure at all how.

As for the allies, no idea. I wonder how much of the s4 stories they had planned when Joe wrote the poem. How far did they know they were going?

Ok, we're being introduced to the Travellers in "Travellers" :D. So, if they get past the whole kidnapping Sheppard thing, maybe they initially become allies, and then somehow the Atlantis team finds out, after a few episodes, that they have a darker, more sinister side, something more in line with the Wraith.

I'm out of ideas for the moment. :D

Maybe their mindset turns out to be something closer to the Wraith than the Atlantis team would like. Or perhaps they end up possesing some skill or ability that we didn't know about at first.

I don't know ... I'm stumped at the moment as well.

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM
What do you think of this line?

With a change of location all will forget.

I'm fairly sure it's talking about Tabula Rasa, but I can't get a grip on what the plot could be. What are they forgetting? Everything? Something in particular? Just the change of location?

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 12th, 2007, 06:21 PM
^ I was thinking that too! Doesn't Tabula Rasa mean clean slate?

Could it be the Asurans, they move from their homeworld? Atlantis? It has a new location, will everyone think it was destroyed and forget about it? This raises more questions than it anwsers!

DAMN YOU JOE MALLOZZI!! *shakes fist in the air*

Killdeer
April 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM
^ I was thinking that too! Doesn't Tabula Rasa mean clean slate?

Could it be the Asurans, they move from their homeworld? Atlantis? It has a new location, will everyone think it was destroyed and forget about it? This raises more questions than it anwsers!

Yes it does. There was a Buffy episode titled Tabula Rasa. Willow did a spell, but it went wrong, and everyone forgot everything about each other and themselves. It was hilarious. Giles and Anya decided they were together, and Spike thought that he was Giles's son. It would be kind of funny to see something like that go down with the Atlantis crew. I doubt it will happen like that, and I really don't want to see the writers copying other scripts, but it still would be kind of funny. I wonder what relationships the Atlantis crew would dream up for themselves if their memory was suddenly wiped clean. :D

lowriders95s10
April 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Tabula Rasa sounds interesting especially since JM said Lorne will have a "meaty" role in it :jack_new_anime07:

SazZat
April 13th, 2007, 06:55 AM
There's another thread discussing the whole "parenthood" issue that I brought up before, but I did see there were some speculations there that maybe the Wraith use humans as "incubators". That could be the alarming turn....
I don't know...*grin*. I'm all over the place with my guesses. :)

That sounds like a great idea to me. I can see that happening.
I definitely see the whole parenthood thing as actually being much darker than it sounds...So I think it had something to do with Teyla and Michael.

I've just totally forgotten what I was gonna type :rolleyes: I'll come back later with my proper theories.

FoolishPleasure
April 13th, 2007, 07:32 AM
The line about the enemy courting one of our own pertains to Ronon in "Reunion". . .I think. My best guess anyway.

The "parenthood" comment is interesting, and after seeing the writers dust off some old SG1 scripts, I wouldn't put it past them to dig up, and rework SG1's "Singularity". However, that episode revolved around Carter, so it would have to be Teyla-centric. Amanda Tapping has always said "Singularity" was the key episode to understanding Carter and seeing her maternal/humanistic side. Reworking this for Teyla. . .especially if it involved a Wraith child, could be an excellent episode for seeing a side of Teyla we've never glimpsed.

cshawzye
April 13th, 2007, 11:57 AM
So many lines, so many ideas! Yikes.

About the "all will forget" that's strange. Because Tabula Rasa definitely does mean blank slate. So it would make sense that with a new location Atlantis would have a blank slate. That does change everything in terms for the Wraith and/or Asruans knowing where Atlantis is nad having a gateway to earth. But who is forgetting and what they're forgetting is a different matter. I doubt that either the Wraith or the Asurans will forget Atlantis or its inhabitants anytime soon. There'd be no show if they did. So who does that leave? The team? That doesn't seem all that plausible. Unless they run into something in a new location that messes with their minds. Maybe for that episode? Or they could be forgetting one specific thing ... not sure what though.

Ahhh, too much speculation and no solid answers! :p

Killdeer
April 13th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Tabula Rasa sounds interesting especially since JM said Lorne will have a "meaty" role in it :jack_new_anime07:

That's awesome. Lorne is one of my favorite recurring characters - also love Zelenka and Novak. You know - I'm sticking to the group amnesia theory on this one I think. :D Mainly because it's fun to speculate - what causes it, and how does everyone react? Could be fun! *grinning*

Maybe Lorne will think he's Sheppard's boss and the leader of the expedition, Rodney and Carter could decide they're married because they fight all the time, ummm... ok I'm stuck. Any more outrageous suggestions?

cshawzye
April 13th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Maybe Lorne will think he's Sheppard's boss and the leader of the expedition, Rodney and Carter could decide they're married because they fight all the time, ummm... ok I'm stuck. Any more outrageous suggestions?
A brainwashed/mind wiped McKay concedes that Zelenka is smarter than him while offering to share his coffee and give Sheppard the last turkey sandwich. Meanwhile, Ronon decides he should look up Michael to apologize for the way he .... anyway.

Can't wait to see what happens with Tabula Rasa. With Lorne in it I'm guessng Shep's team goes missing or get captured or heck, maybe they really do get brainwashed. :)

Killdeer
April 13th, 2007, 02:13 PM
A brainwashed/mind wiped McKay concedes that Zelenka is smarter than him while offering to share his coffee and give Sheppard the last turkey sandwich. Meanwhile, Ronon decides he should look up Michael to apologize for the way he .... anyway.

Can't wait to see what happens with Tabula Rasa. With Lorne in it I'm guessng Shep's team goes missing or get captured or heck, maybe they really do get brainwashed. :)

ROFL! Yes that's great! :) I'm very much looking forward to this episode.

cshawzye
April 14th, 2007, 06:40 AM
I was reading over the poem last night and this line caught my attention:

All of the other lines I could kinda speculate that maybe this character or that was involved. Or that it might apply to a particular arc that's been spoilered. This one though, I've got nothing at all. I can't even think who it might be refering to. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. Any ideas about this particular line?

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
^ I always thought that had something to do with Mckay! the Rumour is that he dies in an early ep (possibly while saving the city in Adrift) and is then brought back in a later ep (possibly Lifeline)! I think in bringing im back he looses something and hes not the old Mckay. But Im sure he'll be back to his usual tricks by a few eps! lol

PG15
April 14th, 2007, 05:26 PM
^That is complete BS; seriously, that rumor has been debunked weeks ago.

Killdeer
April 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM

All of the other lines I could kinda speculate that maybe this character or that was involved. Or that it might apply to a particular arc that's been spoilered. This one though, I've got nothing at all. I can't even think who it might be refering to. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. Any ideas about this particular line?

Absolutely no clue on this one. Maybe something to do with Michael?

vaberella
April 14th, 2007, 07:46 PM
^That is complete BS; seriously, that rumor has been debunked weeks ago.

Now the question is begged, did it even need debunking?! :rolleyes:

Sentient gorillas, indeed. :p

cshawzye
April 14th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Absolutely no clue on this one. Maybe something to do with Michael?
Michael does/could make sense with that line. He could definitely have been said to have lost his innocence. And I guess to, if it's got something to do with the goings on with "Vengeance" and his position as a leader, the other half of the line would/might fit as well. Hmm, going to have to keep listening to spoilers to see if something materializes.

Killdeer
April 14th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Michael does/could make sense with that line. He could definitely have been said to have lost his innocence. And I guess to, if it's got something to do with the goings on with "Vengeance" and his position as a leader, the other half of the line would/might fit as well. Hmm, going to have to keep listening to spoilers to see if something materializes.

Yeah, definately. Because for now, I got nothing! :D

Wormhole
April 15th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Okay, I've not looked through this fully so forgive me if I've repeated any. But here's my thoughts on some.

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage. - Travelers? Vengeance?
One of our own the enemy courts. - Travellers?
While an alien contact this player dooms. – First Strike

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another, Reunion? Dr. Weir stepping down and Carter taking over maybe?

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Okay, I've not looked through this fully so forgive me if I've repeated any. But here's my thoughts on some.

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage. - Travelers? Vengeance?
One of our own the enemy courts. - Travellers?
While an alien contact this player dooms. – First Strike

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another, Reunion? Dr. Weir stepping down and Carter taking over maybe?

I'd definitely agree with you on the "tech-savvy group" line refering to Travelers. Not sure about Vengeance though. And now that I think about it, First Strike and Weir could definitely work with the "this player dooms" line.

Personally, I think the line "One of our own the enemy courts" has to do with Ronon and the episode Reunion.

"Self-doubt" could definitely refer to Weir. Especially after/in First Strike. As for the parenthood/Carter comparsion I'm not sure if that one fits. But, then again I don't know what else it could refer to. Who knows, perhaps Carter will have some "self doubt" when coming on in Atlantis as well. *shrugs* That could be it too.

Don't know. I find this poem endlessly fascinating.

Wormhole
April 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'd definitely agree with you on the "tech-savvy group" line refering to Travelers. Not sure about Vengeance though. And now that I think about it, First Strike and Weir could definitely work with the "this player dooms" line.

Personally, I think the line "One of our own the enemy courts" has to do with Ronon and the episode Reunion.

"Self-doubt" could definitely refer to Weir. Especially after/in First Strike. As for the parenthood/Carter comparsion I'm not sure if that one fits. But, then again I don't know what else it could refer to. Who knows, perhaps Carter will have some "self doubt" when coming on in Atlantis as well. *shrugs* That could be it too.

Don't know. I find this poem endlessly fascinating.

I put in Vengeance for the "tech-savvy group" line because of the Inferno people thinking the line might relate to them? Might be wrong?

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I put in Vengeance for the "tech-savvy group" line because of the Inferno people thinking the line might relate to them? Might be wrong?

I wouldn't think that it would relate to them because ... (Vengeance Spoilers) they're all dead. Michael and his bug/mutant things are the only thing left on that planet. So the Inferno people aren't doing much of anything, especially pillaging. I guess you could apply the first part of the line to Michael but he hasn't been progressing via pillage recently. Though who knows what the future holds for him.

I'd say Travellers is a safer bet for that line.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't think that it would relate to them because ... (Vengeance Spoilers) they're all dead. Michael and his bug/mutant things are the only thing left on that planet. So the Inferno people aren't doing much of anything, especially pillaging. I guess you could apply the first part of the line to Michael but he hasn't been progressing via pillage recently. Though who knows what the future holds for him.

I'd say Travellers is a safer bet for that line.

Yeah, I'd agree that line is Travellers. Spoilers say

that they kidnap Sheppard so he can activate Ancient technology for them, specifically a warship.

That sounds like a tech-savvy group bent on pillaging. :) Just my thoughts.

Stranded On Earth
April 15th, 2007, 01:38 PM

How about, and just wondering here... Reunion (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/04/ronon_will_have_a_reunion.shtml)

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 01:42 PM
How about, and just wondering here... Reunion (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/04/ronon_will_have_a_reunion.shtml)

Hmm, interesting. It could be. It's an odd one though. I could go either way, yes or no, with that. Going to have to think on that for a while.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Well, new clues from Joe's blog tonight....

.....And which episodes should fans be looking forward to most for each member of the Team?”
Answer: .....[I]n my opinnion, I’d say: Travelers for Sheppard, Miller’s Crossing for McKay, Reunion for Ronon, Missing for Teyla, The Seer for Carter, This Mortal Coil for Weir, and Missing again for Keller.

Ok, the first three I pretty much had already guessed from existing spoilers. Missing, however, I had pegged for a Weir story, and now I must relinquish that theory. :D It looks like those who said that Teyla would be the one going missing were right, which probably means that Sheppard is the one with the dark turn. And somehow Keller has a part in the story.
From the poem:

I'm not quite so excited about that storyline....I hope they don't reduce Teyla to a damsel in distress with Sheppard as her knight looking for her. She's too strong a character for that. Plus, having Teyla be the one missing means that the arc probably won't be as long as it might be if it was Weir missing. Since we haven't heard anything about RL missing any episodes, it will probably be resolved in one, rather than being a season long arc. Although it could be they didn't want to do the whole missing/searching for thing with Weir though, since they already kind of did it with Ford. I'll bet her disappearance has something to do with Michael though. I would say it's a possibility that the dark turn is Ronan's, but there's been lots of hints that Sheppard was going to go dark this season, so.....

Moving on, The Seer is one I had thought would be a Teyla story - maybe part of her arc, possibly something to do with her wraith abilities. Instead it's a Carter story, so....I'm stumped. Here's what Joe said -

“We have an idea of what each episode with a known title will talk about, exept for "The Seer". Can you tell us a clue ?”
Answer: Check out the poem. The clue is pretty obvious.

And the line from the poem is (I'm pretty sure):

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.

So Carter receives some sort of gift.... Honestly, I was more excited about this when I thought it was a Teyla story. I had some (admittedly vague) ideas then. Now, I really have no clue. More Seer spoilers,

“Is there any chance of seeing Robert Picardo back in season 4?”
Answer: A very good chance in The Seer.

This Mortal Coil is apparently the midseason cliffhanger, and it's a Weir story. I'm not sure which line of the poem might refer to this one, but I'm going to take a guess:

So there's my thoughts. What do you all think?

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Josie posted an awesome theory on Missing over at the Missing Pre-Airing Spoilers Speculation Thread. Here's the link to her post.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=6551678#post6551678

I like this theory - a whole lot. I know I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I like the fact that this puts Teyla in a stronger role, whereas if she was the one to go missing, it would be a weaker/more passive role.

What do you all think? The line in the poem doesn't say it's a person going missing, which is what I've been assuming all along.

A strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn.

Plus, it could also be a clue to the line we were wondering about earlier.

If the Athosians are the ones who disappear, then they might also be the innocents lost, and this would be Teyla's arc, searching for her people.

Just some thoughts...what do you think?

Ruffles
April 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
While an alien contact this player dooms

I thought this might be referring to Dopplegangers. Isn't the premise of DG that Sheppard touches some alien device which unleashes some contagious effect on everyone?

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM
I thought this might be referring to Dopplegangers. Isn't the premise of DG that Sheppard touches some alien device which unleashes some contagious effect on everyone?

That's a new one for me. Hadn't heard that! *surprised look*

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Hearing about Missing being for Teyla is interesting. It has me a little concerned. I hope that she's not the one that goes missing but is instead distrubed by someone else or something else having gone missing. It's be great if Teyla was the character with the dark turn. It's definitely completely possible. If we're looking at the right line in the poem for Missing, it simply says
A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn. It doesn't say a "player's" or a "friend's" or anything like that. It simply says "a strange disapperance." Really that could be almost anything from another team member to pieces of her past to even, yeah, her people. Though, I'm not sure where Keller might fit in there.

The Seer is now become more interesting too. I think it's right that the line clue is
Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman. The thing is I would've gone with Teyla too. But being that we can now put Picardo's character into the mix makes it interesting. Means whatever they get from this "shaman" or "Seer" will interest the NID. Something to fight against the Wraith or the Asurans maybe? Some kind of new weapon, technology or strategy? That might make sense for a Carter episode if she's gonna be leader in Atlantis.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I totally agree with you about Missing and Teyla. I definitely hope that she is the one to go darker, not the one who goes missing. *crosses fingers*

Actually, what you've said about the Seer makes sense. I was thinking that the "grand gift" would be some sort of power or ability. Probably because of the "shaman" reference. But if it's technology, it makes more sense that it would be a Carter story, especially if the IOA are involved.

Stranded On Earth
April 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Personally, that line draws my attention...

Is somoeone supposed to go dark side or something??

If so, my money is on Teyla/Michael...

Or... maybe it makes reference to Ford, being part Wraith and all...

Does anyone know if he's going to be in the series at all..??

What do u think..??

parisindy
April 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
just read some of the newest posts on his blog
*takes deep breathes and wanders back to the anti season 4 thread*

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Actually, what you've said about the Seer makes sense. I was thinking that the "grand gift" would be some sort of power or ability. Probably because of the "shaman" reference. But if it's technology, it makes more sense that it would be a Carter story, especially if the IOA are involved.
lol ... the IOA, right. Not the NID. Too may acronyms. Anyway ... it could still be a some sort or power or ability. Like something that a shaman or seer could either give them or tell them about how to find. A "grand gift" makes me go to weapon though. Or who knows the shaman/seer might see something in the future or Atlantis. Like the Wraith coming or a new Asuran plan and as the leader Carter has to decide what they do with the information.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 08:00 PM
One of our own the enemy courts.Personally, that line draws my attention...

If so, my money is on Teyla/Michael...

Or... maybe it makes reference to Ford, being part Wraith and all...

Does anyone know if he's going to be in the series at all..??

What do u think..??

Well, someone asked JoeM today about Ford, and all he said was that it was possible. But I'm not sure Ford could still be called "one of our own". *shrugs*

It could be Teyla/Michael, it could be Ronon/his Sateda friends, it could be Sheppard/the Travelers (Larrin specifically). It could be Weir. :) I think the field is still wide open for speculation on that line :D.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 08:02 PM

*waves goodbye to paris* See you on the Thunk/Whump threads. :D

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM

Personally, that line draws my attention...

Yeah, the entire season is supposed to be darker than previous seasons. And I definitely agree with Killdeer, that that line is still wide open to interpretation. Personally I like to subscribe to the line of thought that says that line refers to Ronon. Although there are a bunch of other places it could fit so...

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM
lol ... the IOA, right. Not the NID. Too may acronyms. Anyway ... it could still be a some sort or power or ability. Like something that a shaman or seer could either give them or tell them about how to find. A "grand gift" makes me go to weapon though. Or who knows the shaman/seer might see something in the future or Atlantis. Like the Wraith coming or a new Asuran plan and as the leader Carter has to decide what they do with the information.

Hmmm.....*grinning* All very interesting ideas. :D

I have to confess, at first when I heard it was a Carter story, I thought, oh no, they're going to give her telepathy or precognition or something. But your ideas are much more rational. :D

Stranded On Earth
April 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Personally I like to subscribe to the line of thought that says that line refers to Ronon. Although there are a bunch of other places it could fit so...

Yeah... I guess it fits Ronon better... but Teyla going dark side would definitely be a twist..!! ;)

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah... I guess it fits Ronon better... but Teyla going dark side would definitely be a twist..!! ;)
I'd love to see darkside Teyla. It'd mean we get to see Rachel really show us what she can do. And not just her connecting with the Wraith but a different kind of darkside stuff would be great.

Hmmm.....*grinning* All very interesting ideas. :D

I have to confess, at first when I heard it was a Carter story, I thought, oh no, they're going to give her telepathy or precognition or something. But your ideas are much more rational. :D
I thought of that too and I definitely think it's not something that should be ruled out. The only reason I'd say it wouldn't be is simply because they kinda did it in s3 with McKay.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I'd love to see darkside Teyla. It'd mean we get to see Rachel really show us what she can do. And not just her connecting with the Wraith but a different kind of darkside stuff would be great.

Here's hoping for Dark!Teyla in Season 4! *sets up cheering section* :D

I thought of that too and I definitely think it's not something that should be ruled out. The only reason I'd say it wouldn't be is simply because they kinda did it in s3 with McKay.

They did - that's true. I....well... *sigh*. If an episode is going to focus on Carter, I'd rather it focused on her as the leader, rather than giving her a superpower. :S It might be ok. But I like the weapon idea better :D.

parisindy
April 15th, 2007, 09:11 PM
*waves goodbye to paris* See you on the Thunk/Whump threads. :D

((hugs))

Kidwizz
April 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM
sorry, first time posing in this thread, most of thee prob have been said but here goes...

While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - CB return....?

One of our own the enemy courts. - Travelers...?

While an alien contact this player dooms. - uhh... The Game...? or Travelers...?

SazZat
April 16th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Wow you guys have been busying speculating sinse the new blog. I have to say, the new info today has kind of thrown me a bit. Particularly the part saying Missing is a Teyla ep...sort of threw me anyway.
I was already guessing that 'A strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn' was refering to Missing. I've always had a couple of theories for it, based around Teyla and Elizabeth.

I thought for almost certain that this is one of the 4 episodes with Elizabeth...maybe not so sure on that now though.

As a Teyla ep, well if she was to have a strange disappearance it would be to do with Michael (hopefully). If she was to take the dark turn then maybe that would also be to do with Michael, like mind control or something.
Has anyone considered we may be reading that line of the poem in the wrong way. At the moment we seem to be reading it as if it's referring to 2 different people or a person and a thing.,What if it's all one person and the word 'anothers' is just saying that this will be one of many people to show a darker side in the series...if you understand what I mean.
So, Teyla could go missing and when she returns it will start her story arc which will be her character going a little darker. This would also work with it being Teyla going missing but still being one episode long.

I was convinced Elizabeth would be the missing one though at the hands of the replicators. I cannot see how her going missing would lead to a dark turn for someone and still be a Teyla centric ep. So this theory is on hold for a bit while I think about it, because I'm convinced Teyla's arc will be to do with Michael so I can't see her linked to a replicator story.
Still, I'm guessing that This Moral Coil will be to do with the replicators seeing as that is Elizabeth's main story and her sort-of arc is replicator based. But, this would link into her being taken by the replicators at some point, or maybe being turned bad and this theory was riding on the fact that Elizabeth would be taken during Missing :rolleyes:

So you see, all my theories have gone bang overnight.

Another theory for Teyla is linked onto the theory about her people being taken away. Maybe something to do with Michael experimenting on them or something...possibly something to do with the Wraith sensing ability because we know that Teyla isn't the only person from Athos with this capability as was mentioned in the very first episode.

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 08:41 AM
sorry, first time posing in this thread, most of thee prob have been said but here goes...

Welcome! *waves*

That's my guess....

One of our own the enemy courts. - Travelers...?

Possibly, or maybe Reunion.... To be honest I have no idea :D.

While an alien contact this player dooms. - uhh... The Game...? or Travelers...?

My guess right now is This Mortal Coil, but that's just a guess - I have nothing to base that on.

MechaThor
April 16th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I like the line

"Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Adrift/?
While an alien contact this player dooms."

As like noraml i am so hopeing Alien maens what i think it means and not the boring kind of alien contact
as in...

"Hi i am an alien, do you like my farming village, This is my Wife she is hot isn't she? Yes maybe you will fall in love with her latter in the episode. Oh and btw starnge isn't it how we both look like Humans?"

Boring

i want this instaed

"BLAR i am a alien and this is my technologically advanced warship fleet, This is my underling you will capture him latter in the episode for informnation. Oh and you look starnge you two armed and haired headed freak wheres your pinchers, tail and scales? Without you will be eatern"

Now thats TV! :cameron:

Wormhole
April 16th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Oh I just had another thought on that feeds another's dark turn section. Could it have something do to do with the Conversation episode? Sheppard turning into that bug?

Could be bought on due to rage over that strange disappearance.

SGFerrit
April 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM

Uhh, why? What was so bad about the posts? All the main characters are getting their own episodes (even Weir) that is in addition to Carson returning and having a two parter plus another episodes they are writing up... so where is the bad news exactly?

Ltcolshepjumper
April 16th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I was convinced Elizabeth would be the missing one though at the hands of the replicators. I cannot see how her going missing would lead to a dark turn for someone and still be a Teyla centric ep. So this theory is on hold for a bit while I think about it, because I'm convinced Teyla's arc will be to do with Michael so I can't see her linked to a replicator story.
Still, I'm guessing that This Moral Coil will be to do with the replicators seeing as that is Elizabeth's main story and her sort-of arc is replicator based.

Seeing as the ep is titled This MORTAL Coil, I assume it has to do with the Wraith or the Asurans. It might have something to do with Michael since the Wraith don't naturally die and Michael is still part human(He might have so much human that he is still able to die naturally)

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Uhh, why? What was so bad about the posts? All the main characters are getting their own episodes (even Weir) that is in addition to Carson returning and having a two parter plus another episodes they are writing up... so where is the bad news exactly?

Parisindy has just been a little discouraged about Season 4, but it's ok. :) Everyone has their own perspective.

Back to the poem! :D

cshawzye
April 16th, 2007, 02:08 PM

You know, it makes total sense for the line to be talking about CB/PM returning to Atlantis. The only thing I question is the timing of the poem and the timing of knowing *for sure* that he was truly coming back. I know it was always a possibility but ... I don't know that line just confuses me. I mean in that case it could almost even refer to Ford. *shrugs*

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Quote in spoiler tags for length:

Wow you guys have been busying speculating sinse the new blog. I have to say, the new info today has kind of thrown me a bit. Particularly the part saying Missing is a Teyla ep...sort of threw me anyway.
I was already guessing that 'A strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn' was refering to Missing. I've always had a couple of theories for it, based around Teyla and Elizabeth.

I thought for almost certain that this is one of the 4 episodes with Elizabeth...maybe not so sure on that now though.

As a Teyla ep, well if she was to have a strange disappearance it would be to do with Michael (hopefully). If she was to take the dark turn then maybe that would also be to do with Michael, like mind control or something.Has anyone considered we may be reading that line of the poem in the wrong way. At the moment we seem to be reading it as if it's referring to 2 different people or a person and a thing.,What if it's all one person and the word 'anothers' is just saying that this will be one of many people to show a darker side in the series...if you understand what I mean.
So, Teyla could go missing and when she returns it will start her story arc which will be her character going a little darker. This would also work with it being Teyla going missing but still being one episode long.
Still, I'm guessing that This Moral Coil will be to do with the replicators seeing as that is Elizabeth's main story and her sort-of arc is replicator based. But, this would link into her being taken by the replicators at some point, or maybe being turned bad and this theory was riding on the fact that Elizabeth would be taken during Missing :rolleyes:

So you see, all my theories have gone bang overnight.

Another theory for Teyla is linked onto the theory about her people being taken away. Maybe something to do with Michael experimenting on them or something...possibly something to do with the Wraith sensing abilitybecause we know that Teyla isn't the only person from Athos with this capability as was mentioned in the very first episode.

Yeah, some of my theories went out the door with the latest spoilers. Sounds like you and I were kind of on the same page speculating about the Weir and Teyla arcs. You have some very cool ideas though, about how this could work out! I really hadn't thought about the fact that Michael might be interested in the Athosians for their Wraith sensing abilites. I also hadn't thought about the possibility of more than one person going darker in Season four. This is why it's fun to discuss ideas! *grin*

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 02:50 PM
You know, it makes total sense for the line to be talking about CB/PM returning to Atlantis. The only thing I question is the timing of the poem and the timing of knowing *for sure* that he was truly coming back. I know it was always a possibility but ... I don't know that line just confuses me. I mean in that case it could almost even refer to Ford. *shrugs*

I think Joe M said in a blog comment that they had always left open the possibility that he could be back. But it wasn't until recently they decided for sure to do it. Now that I know he's coming back, I'm pretty sure that line refers to his return. :) And yay about that, by the way! *grin*

cshawzye
April 16th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I think Joe M said in a blog comment that they had always left open the possibility that he could be back. But it wasn't until recently they decided for sure to do it. Now that I know he's coming back, I'm pretty sure that line refers to his return. :) And yay about that, by the way! *grin*
Yeah, I know there was always the possibility for the return. It was just that it wasn't a sure thing that Paul would be coming back. Oh well, I'm happy to say that line relates to his comeback because it's something that I'm totally excited about with season 4!!

Though, I wouldn't mind if the line was talking about Ford either. Actually, I think there's a lot that could be explored with Ford so I'd be excited to see him come back as well.

Actually speaking of Michael, perhaps the line was/is referencing him in Vengeance. He could be called a "fallen one" and his reapperance wasn't exactly something the team expected. Though I hope this isn't what it is.

LOL ... so many character, so much speculation, only one line!

I'd definitely like to see some more of Michael. There's a lot to explore there.

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'd definitely like to see some more of Michael. There's a lot to explore there.

Yes, me too. I think we probably will see more of him and his creatures.... I'm just not sure how much more. An episode, an arc? I think they'll probably be connected with Teyla though.

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 07:04 PM
More spoilers from Joe's blog tonight!

“Will you tell us which episode will be Carter's first appearance in season 4 of Atlantis?”

Answer: Sure. Oh. You mean now? Okay. Carter’s first appearance will be in the season four premiere, Adrift.

Huh? I thought she was coming in Reunion! Well, maybe we see her back on earth in Adrift - possibly a scene where she gets ordered to go or something, and then she doesn't get to Atlantis until Reunion. Hmm. Does anyone remember whether it was said definitely that Carter would arrive at Atlantis in Reunion? I'm too tired to track it down right now. Poem line:

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.

The line could be talking about two different episodes....

“Was wondering also if the Apollo and Colonel Ellis will make another appearance in season 4?”

Answer: Affirmative.

Someone mentioned earlier:

Isn't Hyperion sometimes used as another name for Apollo?

So

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction could be First Strike, or maybe the episode where Colonel Ellis shows up again.

Agent_Dark
April 16th, 2007, 07:10 PM
More spoilers from Joe's blog tonight!

Huh? I thought she was coming in Reunion! Well, maybe we see her back on earth in Adrift - possibly a scene where she gets ordered to go or something, and then she doesn't get to Atlantis until Reunion. Hmm. Does anyone remember whether it was said definitely that Carter would arrive at Atlantis in Reunion? I'm too tired to track it down right now.

I think it was only said that she'd be in Reunion, not that it was the first ep she'd be in. Anything else was speculation

sherryw
April 16th, 2007, 07:19 PM
could be First Strike, or maybe the episode where Colonel Ellis shows up again.

IMO I think Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction is from Echoes.

In Homer's Iliad and Odyssey the sun god is called Helios Hyperion, 'Sun High-one'.

In Echoes they were going to be destroyed by a Sunflare or something like that ... right? This was also mentioned in either this thread or the poem thread by Linzi and I agree with her. :D

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM
IMO I think Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction is from Echoes.

In Homer's Iliad and Odyssey the sun god is called Helios Hyperion, 'Sun High-one'.

In Echoes they were going to be destroyed by a Sunflare or something like that ... right? This was also mentioned in either this thread or the poem thread by Linzi and I agree with her. :D

Yeah, I've thought it could be Echoes too. But now that we know the Apollo will be back, that opens up other possibilities?

BTW - is there another poem thread around? Besides the one talking about the "parenthood" line.

sherryw
April 16th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I've thought it could be Echoes too. But now that we know the Apollo will be back, that opens up other possibilities?

BTW - is there another poem thread around? Besides the one talking about the "parenthood" line.

Sorry Killdeer it's my bad. I said poem thread when I meant JM's Blog thread. There aren't any other poem threads around that I know of.

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM

Is Ruffles still around? I'm still curious about this Doppelganger spoiler. This is something I haven't heard - Ruffles, do you have any more information? I'd like to know more - sounds intriguing! :D

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Sorry Killdeer it's my bad. I said poem thread when I meant JM's Blog thread. There aren't any other poem threads around that I know of.

Not a problem!! :D I was just confused. Admittedly that doesn't take much.... *grin*

sherryw
April 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Not a problem!! :D I was just confused. Admittedly that doesn't take much.... *grin*

I'm right there next to you. ;)

Stranded On Earth
April 17th, 2007, 03:27 AM

Didn't Joe mention the poem was supposed to be for tha last part of season 3 and, of course, season 4??

He also mentioned that in this season we'll get to know more about the Wraith... what if it actually relates to that?? Something a little "Condemned" like..??

I've got a theory for this one...

I think Joe mentioned Ford would make a reappearence in this season... he would be an innocent lost at the hand of the Wraith, wouldn't he??

The strict adherenc bit could be about Sheppard... we know he feels responsible for him...

Just a thought... ;)

Ruffles
April 17th, 2007, 05:57 AM
Is Ruffles still around? I'm still curious about this Doppelganger spoiler. This is something I haven't heard - Ruffles, do you have any more information? I'd like to know more - sounds intriguing! :D

There was a spoiler listed by a GW user (Canadian) here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6439095&postcount=12). I have no idea if it's true or not so take it for what it's worth. *shrugs*

cshawzye
April 17th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Yes, me too. I think we probably will see more of him and his creatures.... I'm just not sure how much more. An episode, an arc? I think they'll probably be connected with Teyla though.
Yeah, you're probably right about that. If his arc/story is connected with Teyla it could be part of the "dark turn." If it is Teyla who takes that turn, that is. If the "stargate disapperance" line refers to that perhaps Michael is involved in taking something of value to her.

I've got a theory for this one...

I think Joe mentioned Ford would make a reappearence in this season... he would be an innocent lost at the hand of the Wraith, wouldn't he??

The strict adherenc bit could be about Sheppard... we know he feels responsible for him...

Just a thought... ;)
I think that'd be interesting. JM did say it's possible that Ford would make an apperance. I'd love to see how the team handles Ford now. After a season of not seeing and/or hearing about him what would their reactions be. Actually, how would Ford have changed since we last saw him? Hmmm ... could be good.

Though, the only thing is when I look at that line I think of both parts dealing with the same person/thing. But I really like your idea. :)

the dancer of spaz
April 17th, 2007, 10:59 AM
"Self-doubt for one" - Could that be for Weir or Carter?

cshawzye
April 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, definitely. I would think it would/could apply to Weir. Especially after First Strike. In fact it could easily apply simply to her and that episode. Heck, even something about the title "This Mortal Coil" makes me wonder if it could apply to her with that episode as well.

Killdeer
April 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM

That's what I'm thinking, or maybe Rodney? Carter's my top choice for that line though.

Killdeer
April 17th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Darren just posted over in the Joe Mallozzi's Blog thread with this tidbit:

OK, I am working on a story now revealing details on "Doppelganger" (the story sounds very cool), and I've got this "N.O.A.S." thing figured out.

"Nightmare On Atlantis Street."

The whumpers were quick to point out that a whumper had already thought of this, and they are hoping Joe will confirm tonight. :D I was over on the whump thread last night and there was some discussion about the NOAS, but I couldn't ever figure out what the theory actually was. But cool! I think it was Josie's theory, so she is the queen of good guesses right now. *grin* (I also like her theory about the "strange disappearance" being Teyla's people instead of Teyla herself). How this relates to the poem?

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares

I'd thought this line referred to Echoes, but now I agree with everyone else who was smarter than me and said it was Doppelganger. :D :D

cshawzye
April 17th, 2007, 02:04 PM
That's what I'm thinking, or maybe Rodney? Carter's my top choice for that line though.
Ooohh, Rodeny and "self-doubt" could be interesting. We have heard from JM that we're going to get a more sympathetic and vulnerable McKay. Perhaps a bit of self-doubt creeps in there. That could be good.

the dancer of spaz
April 17th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Yeah, definitely. I would think it would/could apply to Weir. Especially after First Strike. In fact it could easily apply simply to her and that episode. Heck, even something about the title "This Mortal Coil" makes me wonder if it could apply to her with that episode as well.

"One of our own the enemy courts."

Sorry if this has been said before, but could this be Teyla? I thought he said that she'd be getting an arc, and suggested that it'd be darker. It'd also fit in with the other hint that you guys surmised might be from Missing, "A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn."

Or it could be Weir, for that matter. That could be part of the arc that JM said would be going her way.

He needs to make a "Part II" of this poem. It's kinda fun. And it's cool, because if you're a spoiler hound you have to work for them. :)

Agent_Dark
April 17th, 2007, 02:11 PM

I thought the "Self-doubt" thing was about Keller - in First Strike she was having doubts about taking the CMO role.

cshawzye
April 17th, 2007, 02:20 PM

Sorry if this has been said before, but could this be Teyla? I thought he said that she'd be getting an arc, and suggested that it'd be darker. It'd also fit in with the other hint that you guys surmised might be from Missing, "A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn."
I know I'd definitely love to see those things apply to Teyla. There's no reason they couldn't either.

Personally, I think it'd be interesting if Micahel was in the mix in terms of Teyla's arc. That could definitely take her arc to a darker place. When I think of her going dark it's to do with her own connection to the Wraith and I think in a way Michael can/does symoblize a bit of that for her.

"One of our own the enemy courts" could refer to a Teyla and/or Michael story/arc. For a Teyla/Michael shipper that might be good. I'm not so much interested in them like that. However, any affect he has on her and/or connection they might share would be interesting to watch play out.

Or it could be Weir, for that matter. That could be part of the arc that JM said would be going her way.
That's the problem with this poem. Too many lines that could apply to many different characters and arcs. The possibilities are endless. But it's fun trying to figure them out none-the-less.

He needs to make a "Part II" of this poem. It's kinda fun. And it's cool, because if you're a spoiler hound you have to work for them. :)

LOL ... the poem part II would be great. Though, I'm not sure my mind could wrap it self around any more of his rhymes!

Killdeer
April 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM

I think the most popular vote at this point for that line is Ronan, although Teyla has been suggested several times as well, and I think maybe Weir too. It really could apply to any of them the way it's written. I don't think we have enough information yet. :) The Weir idea suddenly caught my imagination though. Hmmm..... *ponders" I was completely convinced that Missing was going to be Weir's story, and I was so very wrong. :D

Yes it is fun, isn't it? Welcome to the madness. *grin* I've been hoping he would post more hints about the poem...maybe soon.

I thought the "Self-doubt" thing was about Keller - in First Strike she was having doubts about taking the CMO role.

That's a good point. I guess Keller's been so far off my radar that I hadn't even considered her. It really could be any of them I suppose....we don't have enough information to know yet.

My reason for thinking it was Carter was just based on the speculation that they might give her a "Zero Hour" type episode.

PG15
April 17th, 2007, 07:30 PM
You guys were right!

GW Whumpers writes: “Our suggestion for NOAS is Nightmare on Atlantis Street.”

Answer: Affirmative.

Killdeer
April 17th, 2007, 07:49 PM
You guys were right!

Yay the whumpers got it right! Actually, this should be posted in their thread, PG15 - they deserve the credit. Not that we mind the update :D. And I was right earlier, it was Josie's idea, so cheers to Josie!

Now waiting for Darren's article....

the dancer of spaz
April 19th, 2007, 08:38 AM
"One of our own the enemy courts" (again)

Sorry, this line intrigues me. :P

I had a question: Has there been any indication that the nanites in Liz have been completely deactivated, and that they could never be reactivated?

Speculation...
Because, if the IOA steps in after her injury and puts the kibosh on all of her dealings with Atlantis, that could send her on a dark path on her own. However, if one of the replicators - or even the Asurans - tried to activate those nanites while she's on Earth, that could create a pretty big problem too, right?

Killdeer
April 19th, 2007, 07:35 PM
"One of our own the enemy courts" (again)

Sorry, this line intrigues me. :P

That's ok *grin*.

I had a question: Has there been any indication that the nanites in Liz have been completely deactivated, and that they could never be reactivated?

Not that I remember... guess I need to rewatch the episode. Honestly, I can't remember what the nanites were supposed to do, anyway, besides kill her. :o (sorry, been a long week :( )

Speculation...
Because, if the IOA steps in after her injury and puts the kibosh on all of her dealings with Atlantis, that could send her on a dark path on her own. However, if one of the replicators - or even the Asurans - tried to activate those nanites while she's on Earth, that could create a pretty big problem too, right?

I don't know....I have a hard time imagining them being able to reach from galaxy to galaxy. It's possible I suppose. But maybe they could use the nanites to control her while she's still in the Pegasus Galaxy. Joe said something about a "horrific reveal" at the end of This Mortal Coil. I don't know how dark they're going to go...but maybe the replicators turn Weir evil? Like killing people evil? Wild guess I know. And here's another one....maybe for some reason Keller decides to use the nanites to repair Weir's injuries, and it appears to work at first, but then she goes dark?

I am so tired right now that probably none of these guesses are making any sense. I didn't want you to think you were being ignored though! :) But whatever the case, I'll be surprised if Weir's story doesn't have something to do with the Asurans. She is somehow tied to them in my mind just like Teyla is to the Michael storyline. I'm not really sure why though. :confused:

Here's a thought for everyone... What was the "other story" that Joe mentioned in his blog tonight that got bumped? He just tossed it in out of the blue, like we should know what he was talking about. *grin* I'm wondering if it was one of the poem ideas. He did say that not all of the ideas would necessarily work out.

Goodnight! *waves to everyone*

cshawzye
April 19th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't be overly surprised if Weir's story/arc continued to be completely tied up with the Asurans, somehow. Since "Progeny" it seems that that's been the way she's been going. To continue on that track would make a lot of sense. Though, I'm not sure how much "courting" the nanities do with their victims. They simply take over. No persuasion or anything else that I'd associate with the term "courting" and/or "courts."

Though I think it'd be interesting to watch Weir go down a darker path. The line I always end up placing on her is "Self-doubt for one."

Wormhole
April 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
One of our own the enemy courts + Horrific Reveal. Will add 'significant player' to.

Going aback to one of my early assumptions. Has everything we’ve been seeing since the Return Part 2 been real?

cshawzye
April 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM
One of our own the enemy courts + Horrific Reveal. Will add 'significant player' to.

Going aback to one of my early assumptions. Has everything we’ve been seeing since the Return Part 2 been real?
Oh, I certainly hope it has been. I really wouldn't want them going back on all of that and say it was just a replicator induced fantasy type of thing. That'd be way more than just a soft-reset.

I think we might find that say Weir is plauged by something to do with the Asurans and nanities, etc. But I'm sure the team fully regained control in Return 2.

Killdeer
April 22nd, 2007, 07:13 AM
Oh, I certainly hope it has been. I really wouldn't want them going back on all of that and say it was just a replicator induced fantasy type of thing. That'd be way more than just a soft-reset.

Yeah, that would not be cool at all. :( I don't think they'll go that far though.

I think we might find that say Weir is plauged by something to do with the Asurans and nanities, etc. But I'm sure the team fully regained control in Return 2.

Yes I think so too. Although.... since I just rewatched Return 2, wouldn't the citywide ARW also have deactivated any remaining nanites in Weir's system? *thinking*

cshawzye
April 22nd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Yes I think so too. Although.... since I just rewatched Return 2, wouldn't the citywide ARW also have deactivated any remaining nanites in Weir's system? *thinking*
Yeah, I would imagine it did. If there were any left after TRW, that is. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see Weir entangled with them further in the future.

belanna30
April 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
I think it would be cool if "This Mortal Coil" was in some other way part of the Asurans seeking retribution on Weir for what has happened. (Although, why Weir more than the others I couldn't say.)

Like it was stated before. . . . Michael and the Wraith = Teyla's enemy, Asurans = Elizabeth's.

So, did we agree that "Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction" is Echoes?

Also, I was still wondering about this one: "Find the wraith and our allies have something in common"

Killdeer
April 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
I think it would be cool if "This Mortal Coil" was in some other way part of the Asurans seeking retribution on Weir for what has happened. (Although, why Weir more than the others I couldn't say.)

Like it was stated before. . . . Michael and the Wraith = Teyla's enemy, Asurans = Elizabeth's.

So, did we agree that "Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction" is Echoes?

Also, I was still wondering about this one: "Find the wraith and our allies have something in common"

Yeah - I think we're agreed....:D Anyone not agreed? *grin* I wasn't so sure until the recent round of spoilers, but now, yeah, I think it is. People kept trying to tell me that's what it was, but I was stuck on Echoes being the line about stuff of nightmares. Now that we know that line refers to Doppelganger, I must concede that the Hyperion line must refer to Echoes. :o

The other line - I really don't know. I thought we might see the Wraith from Common Ground in that one though - we do know he will be back next season. But otherwise....I'm pretty much in the dark. I'm up for speculation though! :D Maybe we find out that one of our allies (don't know who) and the Wraith are both preying on humans? The Wraith use humans for food - maybe these allies use humans for something else? Or maybe we find out one of our allies is secretly allied with the Wraith, or maybe are Wraith worshippers?

That's all I got. ;)

cshawzye
April 22nd, 2007, 06:34 PM
The other line - I really don't know. I thought we might see the Wraith from Common Ground in that one though - we do know he will be back next season. But otherwise....I'm pretty much in the dark. I'm up for speculation though! :D Maybe we find out that one of our allies (don't know who) and the Wraith are both preying on humans? The Wraith use humans for food - maybe these allies use humans for something else? Or maybe we find out one of our allies is secretly allied with the Wraith, or maybe are Wraith worshippers?

That's all I got. ;)

Remember the episode Condemed? Where the (not sure if this needs spoilers so I'm gonna use the to be safe) leader of the people on the planet was allied with the Wraith? Keeping the prisoners at the gate so the wraith would leave the city alone. I wonder if we'll get something like that. That would fit with a line like the "Find the wraith and our allies have something in common."

Though, I kind of hope that it's something completely and totally unexpected. Like in the episode we find this out we find out from the wraith perspective. Meaning that, instead of finding out that our allies do this, just like the wraith do, we find out that the wraith do this, just like our allies do. (I hope that makes sense). I guess I just hope that instead of it being an old fact about the wraith that the episode brings a new revelation concerning the wraith.

Killdeer
April 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM
Though, I kind of hope that it's something completely and totally unexpected. Like in the episode we find this out we find out from the wraith perspective. Meaning that, instead of finding out that our allies do this, just like the wraith do, we find out that the wraith do this, just like our allies do. (I hope that makes sense). I guess I just hope that instead of it being an old fact about the wraith that the episode brings a new revelation concerning the wraith.

I completely agree with you there. One of the reasons Common Ground stood out was that we learned something new about the Wraith. They can give life, and they seem to have some concept of honor. I hope whatever episode this line is referring to is a worthy followup to that.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Well, I guess we know who the "parenthood" line is for now. :(

cshawzye
April 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Yeah, that we do. Get back to me later and I'll let you know how I feel about it. This could either be really good or it could be a disaster. I just can't decide.

I think it meanst that the "strange disapperance" deals with Teyla's people and her's is the "dark turn." But who knows.

Interesting news to say the least.

Suzotchka
April 25th, 2007, 09:12 AM
If the poem goes:

And we now know that Teyla will be the one pregnant, does that mean she has a brother out there somewhere?

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 09:13 AM
If the poem goes:

And we now know that Teyla will be the one pregnant, does that mean she has a brother out there somewhere?

No, I think the second line is talking about Miller's Crossing, and referring to Jeannie and Rodney. Each set of lines refers to more than one episode (except for the two lines about The Game). Quoting JoeM,

cshawzye
April 25th, 2007, 09:16 AM
If the poem goes:

I always took that "brillant young mom" line to be talking about Rodney's sister Jeanie. But with these new rumours, could very well be something completely different.

Spoilers for this season keep throwing out curve balls. I think I've kinda got an idea of what's coming up and bam things get thrown on their head.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I always took that "brillant young mom" line to be talking about Rodney's sister Jeanie. But with these new rumours, could very well be something completely different.

Spoilers for these season keep throwing out curve balls. I think I've kinda got an idea of what's coming up and bam things get thrown on their head.

You're right - it's not for sure that it's talking about Jeannie and Rodney. That's just my assumption. But I did want to point out that just because the "parenthood" part of the stanza refers to Teyla doesn't mean the rest of the line does.

cshawzye
April 25th, 2007, 09:24 AM
You're right - it's not for sure that it's talking about Jeannie and Rodney. That's just my assumption. But I did want to point out that just because the "parenthood" part of the stanza refers to Teyla doesn't mean the rest of the line does.

Yeah, they're in the same place but it doesn't mean they're refering to the same thing. I don't know, I think it's kinda safe to say that they "young mom" bit is Jeanie. I think she's the only one we really know that could be associated with that line. The rest of it, if the "parenthood" is Teyla then I wonder who's got the self-doubt. Rodney maybe? Perhaps with Doppelganger? No idea.

vaberella
April 25th, 2007, 10:09 AM
If the poem goes:

Sure she does...it's Ronon.:D
But that final line I believe refers to Mckay's sister, because each line is distinct for a paticular episode.

LadyBozi
April 25th, 2007, 01:32 PM
ew--- Teyla and Ronon as friends FINE.
But as brother/sister.. lol Come on now.

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM

Yeah, that one through me for a loop, even though there'd been talk about it in passing for a while. :S

"Self-doubt"... Does that refer to Keller, McKay or Carter? Based on the spoilers, I'm thinking Carter, but only because

Evidently the fate of the galaxy rests in their hands.

Because, ya know, that's so unusual. :P

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, that one through me for a loop, even though there'd been talk about it in passing for a while. :S

"Self-doubt"... Does that refer to Keller, McKay or Carter? Based on the spoilers, I'm thinking Carter, but only because

Yeah, threw for a loop is putting it mildly as far as I'm concerned. :S I must have totally missed the talk about it, because I was taken completely off guard. *sigh* Anyway, yeah, I agree with you - in light of these new spoilers probably Carter is the one with "self-doubt."

And Josie nailed it again with her theory about Teyla's people being the ones missing. Quoting from the Stargate Solutions article (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=808):

The Expedition met Davos on a planet while they were seeking the fate of her people, and he tells her that they are still alive, but warns her that she may not like what she finds.

That could have implications for several lines of the poem.

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, threw for a loop is putting it mildly as far as I'm concerned. :S I must have totally missed the talk about it, because I was taken completely off guard. *sigh* Anyway, yeah, I agree with you - in light of these new spoilers probably Carter is the one with "self-doubt."

Well, I think it was when we were discussing the line in the poem, and we were trying to figure out who it could be. I guess it was suggested that, if not John's long-lost kid from another relationship (which is admittedly more soap-opera-y than this), that it would be Teyla, Liz or Sam.

And yeah, I think she's the one with "self-doubt."

According to the sides,
Davos pretty much spells it out in a few lines. And with Woolsey there, the pressure could be on.

And Josie nailed it again with her theory about Teyla's people being the ones missing. Quoting from the Stargate Solutions article (http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=808):
That could have implications for several lines of the poem.

Hasn't someone suggested that
Teyla is somehow incapacitated during Missing as well?

There's a whole lot of speculation going on, and I'm just trying to keep it all straight! :P

"From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence"
^ It looks like this is the last line we have to figure out. The structure is kinda funky.

Seriously... We need a Part II ASAP. :)

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Well, I think it was when we were discussing the line in the poem, and we were trying to figure out who it could be. I guess it was suggested that, if not John's long-lost kid from another relationship (which is admittedly more soap-opera-y than this), that it would be Teyla, Liz or Sam.

Actually, I thought there was a good chance it might be McKay. Especially since Katie will be back next season, and they had that whole awkward conversation in Sunday about Rodney thinking marriage and kids might be good "someday." I thought it might have been forshadowing. But once again I have been proven very very wrong! Awful track record here! *grins ruefully*

Hasn't someone suggested that
Teyla is somehow incapacitated during Missing as well?

There's a whole lot of speculation going on, and I'm just trying to keep it all straight! :P

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think several people probably suggested it, especially when it came out that Missing was a Teyla story. Now it seems to be apparent from these new spoilers that the "strange disappearance" is Teyla's people, but that doesn't necessarily rule out something happening to Teyla in that episode. But the question is...

A strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn

Is the dark turn Teyla's? Or is it referring to someone else?

^ It looks like this is the last line we have to figure out. The structure is kinda funky.

True! :D I think the "innocents lost" in this part refers to Teyla's people. But who "he" is.....maybe they are all turned into Wraith worshippers? Or Michael forms his own little cult?

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Actually, I thought there was a good chance it might be McKay. Especially since Katie will be back next season, and they had that whole awkward conversation in Sunday about Rodney thinking marriage and kids might be good "someday." I thought it might have been forshadowing. But once again I have been proven very very wrong! Awful track record here! *grins ruefully*

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think several people probably suggested it, especially when it came out that Missing was a Teyla story. Now it seems to be apparent from these new spoilers that the "strange disappearance" is Teyla's people, but that doesn't necessarily rule out something happening to Teyla in that episode. But the question is...

I think that, given what we now know about who's "missing,"

The strange disappearance concerns Teyla's people, which "feeds another's dark turn," with "another" being Teyla. Or Michael - though he turned dark a long time ago.

Sheesh! I feel like I'm in a literature class or something!

True! :D I think the "innocents lost" in this part refers to Teyla's people. But who "he" is.....maybe they are all turned into Wraith worshippers? Or Michael forms his own little cult?

OK, you definitely just flipped a switch with that question.

"From innocence lost" = Teyla's people
"he'll produce strict adherence" = cult

And how that all ties into Teyla and the baby... is yet to be seen. :o

cshawzye
April 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM

:lol: I couldn't help myself, had to comment. Poor Sam with the weight of another galaxy on her shoulders yet again. :) Nice.

I still hope the "self doubt" thing refers to McKay. I'd much rather see him struggling through actual self doubt, than watch Carter have to save the universe yet again. Don't get me wrong, I like Carter, she's not my favorite, but I have nothing against her. But, I don't know, after 10 seasons of watching SG1 save the day at the final hour I think I've seen it enough. Let the Atlantis cast doubt themselves and their ability to save the world/galaxy for a while. Geez, share the angst!! :p

BTW, love your sig the dancer of spaz .

I imagine, yeah, it is. I wouldn't mind seeing it be Weir's turn but I'm really not sure how much of her we're actually going to get.

In terms of "Missing" and Teyla's people disappearing I wonder if at first she doesn't maybe go missing with them. Perhaps whomever it is that impregnants her (assuming it ends up being some kind of Wraith experiment type thing and it happens in this episode) kidnaps /destorys/takes, whatever, Teyla with the rest of her people. Somehow she is seperated and has these crazy things happen her. Meanwhile the team is only able to rescue Teyla and can't find and/or save her people at the time. I'm sure something like, being rescued while the rest of her people are still stranded/missing, would really wear on Teyla. It'd definitely be something I would say would add fuel to the fire in terms of a dark turn. I don't know how plausible it is. Actually, it all hinges on the idea that Teyla becomes pregnant in the episode "Missing" which I don't know if that's accurate or anything. *shrugs* Just me throwing out ideas.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 06:54 PM
:lol: I couldn't help myself, had to comment. Poor Sam with the weight of another galaxy on her shoulders yet again. :) Nice.

I still hope the "self doubt" thing refers to McKay. I'd much rather see him struggling through actual self doubt, than watch Carter have to save the universe yet again. Don't get me wrong, I like Carter, she's not my favorite, but I have nothing against her. But, I don't know, after 10 seasons of watching SG1 save the day at the final hour I think I've seen it enough. Let the Atlantis cast doubt themselves and their ability to save the world/galaxy for a while. Geez, share the angst!! :p

It's possible it could be McKay. The Gateworld article (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/04/the_seer_visits_iatlantisi.shtml) says:

The Wraith have found a way to shut down or in some way disable the Replicators, but McKay inadvertantly managed to turn them on again.

So it sounds like Rodney has a major screwup and that could definately cause some self doubt.

I imagine, yeah, it is. I wouldn't mind seeing it be Weir's turn but I'm really not sure how much of her we're actually going to get.

In terms of "Missing" and Teyla's people disappearing I wonder if at first she doesn't maybe go missing with them. Perhaps whomever it is that impregnants her (assuming it ends up being some kind of Wraith experiment type thing and it happens in this episode) kidnaps /destorys/takes, whatever, Teyla with the rest of her people. Somehow she is seperated and has these crazy things happen her. Meanwhile the team is only able to rescue Teyla and can't find and/or save her people at the time. I'm sure something like, being rescued while the rest of her people are still stranded/missing, would really wear on Teyla. It'd definitely be something I would say would add fuel to the fire in terms of a dark turn. I don't know how plausible it is. Actually, it all hinges on the idea that Teyla becomes pregnant in the episode "Missing" which I don't know if that's accurate or anything. *shrugs* Just me throwing out ideas.

Sounds like a plausible storyline to me. :) I certainly don't have any better ideas. *grin*

PG15
April 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Hey guys! Joe has annotated the poem (bolded parts are the added portions):

As promised, here is an annotated version of that Stargate poem I posted before production began. Let’s see how you’re all doing so far…

(For various reasons, things like production demands, actor availability, and a plain old change of heart may kill a given story or spin it out in a completely different direction)
Like that time travel story,
(Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow in which a temporal incident involving that time-hopping puddle jumper from Good to be King sends a version of SG-1 to the past, another to the future, and leaves a version in the present to deal with the inevitable ripples in time)
or the love romp not done,
(A freelance pitch which involved the various members of Sheppard’s team afflicted with an extreme case of Spring Fever)
(It was originally suggested that Daniel would disappear at the end of Quest II, be M.I.A. for two episodes, and then make a shocking reappearance for a big three-episode arc. In the end, it was decided that the latter would work better as a single episode).

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,
(Refers to a season four episode and given the spoilers that are out there, it shouldn’t be that hard to figure this one out).
While the team will explore that dark sunken lair.
(Refers, of course, to the season three’s Submersion).

(Refers to, appropriately enough, season three’s The Game).

(Refers to a season four episode. Again, given the spoilers out there, this one shouldn’t be all that hard to figure out either).
(Refers to a season four episode and a revelation to come).

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage.
(Refers to a season four episode. Again, there are spoilers out there that should point you in the right direction).
A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village.
(Refers to none other than season three’s Irressistible [PG's note: should be Irresponsible I reckon] a.k.a. Shootout at De Dutch Pannekoek Corral).

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn.
(Refers specifically to McKay in season three’s Sunday)
(Refers to a season four episode. The title pretty much gives it away. Alas, this is one that may not play out as planned as the originally envisioned dark turn arc has been superseded by another necessary arc).

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,
(Refers to season three’s The Ark).
While the thinker receives an enlightening shock.
(Refers to season three’s Tao of McKay).

Mutations discovered,
(Refers to season three’s Vengeance).
O’Neill is all wet.
(Refers to season three’s Return II).
(Refers to a season four episode. Another case where the title should let you know).

(Refers to season three’s Echoes, Hyperion being an allusion to Helios the sun god).
(Refers to season three’s First Strike).

(Both references to a season four episode. Again, not that hard to figure out).
(Refers a season four episode - maybe a little harder to figure out).
Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms,
(Refers to an early season four episode).
(Refers to another early season four episode).

Self-doubt for one,
(Refers to a season four episode).
parenthood for another,
(Refers to a season four episode. This one was the biggest longshot to come to fruition but we were considering making McKay a daddy. However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season).
(Refers to a season four episode. Given the spoilers out there, this one should be pretty easy to guess as well).

(Refers to a season three episode that I won’t name because this storyline will continue in season four).
(Refers to a season four episode and the return of a much-beloved physician. This was a possibility we toyed with early and it finally became reality not too long ago).

(Overall, not bad. Over half the scripts are in play and none of these notions have been bounced - although a couple have been altered ever so slightly).

Looks like you guys did pretty well. ;)

cshawzye
April 25th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, that's pretty neat. Though I don't think much of what he said is all that revealing. Seems like a lot of the specualtion that went on in here is pretty on.

(Refers to a season three episode that I won’t name because this storyline will continue in season four).

This still intrigues me though ... Still so completely lost on this line.

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Is it me, or did JM reference way more S4 eps than we - as a fandom - thought? :tealcanime49:

LOL, I meant in general - not just for Carter. :) I don't think it's very unusual for the team - whether it's SG-1 or Atlantis - to have to deal with that kind of pressure. Individually, sometimes it's Daniel, sometimes it's McKay, sometimes it's Sheppard, sometimes it's Carter. Ya know, it varies. :P But hey, it is what drives the franchise, so it's cool.

BTW, love your sig the dancer of spaz

Thanks. :D It's got shippy undertones if one wants to see it that way, but since I don't really have a true ship for Atlantis, I wanted to highlight the friendships between the characters.

When it comes to Liz and Sheppard, and Teyla and Ronon, I'm sure we'll be given an opportunity to see some great friendship moments between them as the ladies deal with their respective arcs.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Is it me, or did JM reference way more S4 eps than we - as a fandom - thought? :tealcanime49:

How so?

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Self-doubt for one,
parenthood for another,
(Refers to a season four episode. This one was the biggest longshot to come to fruition but we were considering making McKay a daddy. However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season).

Hey, guess I wasn't quite so far off after all with my McKay guess. :) Makes me feel a little better *sheepish grin*. Very much sounds like Rachel Luttrell is unexpectedly pregnant, however, and that led to some reworking of storylines.

belanna30
April 25th, 2007, 07:28 PM
So, that still leaves me with questions on This Mortal Coil that I am not certain about.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 07:53 PM
This still intrigues me though ... Still so completely lost on this line.

The only thing I can think of is that he's talking about Vengeance, and the story of Michael and his creatures continuing into Season 4.

Not sure though.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM

You got your wish! :D

Hey guys! Joe has annotated the poem (bolded parts are the added portions):

Thanks, PG15! :)

Here's a quick run through again, with my notes added.

As promised, here is an annotated version of that Stargate poem I posted before production began. Let’s see how you’re all doing so far…

(For various reasons, things like production demands, actor availability, and a plain old change of heart may kill a given story or spin it out in a completely different direction)
Like that time travel story,
(Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow in which a temporal incident involving that time-hopping puddle jumper from Good to be King sends a version of SG-1 to the past, another to the future, and leaves a version in the present to deal with the inevitable ripples in time)
That would have been interesting
or the love romp not done,
(A freelance pitch which involved the various members of Sheppard’s team afflicted with an extreme case of Spring Fever)
Interesting in a different way :o
(It was originally suggested that Daniel would disappear at the end of Quest II, be M.I.A. for two episodes, and then make a shocking reappearance for a big three-episode arc. In the end, it was decided that the latter would work better as a single episode).

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,
(Refers to a season four episode and given the spoilers that are out there, it shouldn’t be that hard to figure this one out). Doppelganger
While the team will explore that dark sunken lair.
(Refers, of course, to the season three’s Submersion).

(Refers to, appropriately enough, season three’s The Game).

(Refers to a season four episode. Again, given the spoilers out there, this one shouldn’t be all that hard to figure out either).The Seer

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage.
(Refers to a season four episode. Again, there are spoilers out there that should point you in the right direction). Travelers
A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village.
(Refers to none other than season three’s Irressistible [PG's note: should be Irresponsible I reckon] a.k.a. Shootout at De Dutch Pannekoek Corral).

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn.
(Refers specifically to McKay in season three’s Sunday)
(Refers to a season four episode. The title pretty much gives it away. Alas, this is one that may not play out as planned as the originally envisioned dark turn arc has been superseded by another necessary arc). Missing

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,
(Refers to season three’s The Ark).
While the thinker receives an enlightening shock.
(Refers to season three’s Tao of McKay[actually Tao of Rodney]).

Mutations discovered,
(Refers to season three’s Vengeance).
O’Neill is all wet.
(Refers to season three’s Return II).
(Refers to a season four episode. Another case where the title should let you know). Tabula Rasa

(Refers to season three’s Echoes, Hyperion being an allusion to Helios the sun god).
(Refers to season three’s First Strike).

(Both references to a season four episode. Again, not that hard to figure out).I'm still going with Reunion on this one

Self-doubt for one,
parenthood for another,
(Refers to a season four episode. Given the spoilers out there, this one should be pretty easy to guess as well).Miller's Crossing

(Refers to a season four episode and the return of a much-beloved physician. This was a possibility we toyed with early and it finally became reality not too long ago).

(Overall, not bad. Over half the scripts are in play and none of these notions have been bounced - although a couple have been altered ever so slightly).

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
And here's the lines that are still unclear (that Joe didn't specifically say or give strong hints). I'm making some wild guesses here.

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts. Probably Reunion, but I'm not sure, so am listing it here.
(Both references to a season four episode. Again, not that hard to figure out)

One of our own the enemy courts. This Mortal Coil?
Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, Adrift?
While an alien contact this player dooms. Lifeline? I had thought This Mortal Coil, but Joe says "early" season four episode.

Self-doubt for one,
parenthood for another,

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 11:01 PM
*headspins*

:P

Too... much... info... Can't take it!

Willow'sCat
April 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I knew it was meant to be McKay! Ha! :D I am soooooo glad it will not be McKay now though. :D :D

Hmm, I think most of us guessed the rest, is there anything in all that was a huge fraking suprise? The only thing I am really wondering about is this...

Joe said this is an ongoing thing into season 4 from season 3? What does it mean? :D Who's innocents? Or is it a person who is an "innocent" like a child? Anyone?

*my head hurts* :P

FurlingsAreMyFriends
April 26th, 2007, 06:50 AM

Innocents lost...

Lost boys?

Could this be yet another reappearance of Ford and his merry men?

It's a stretch. The line is... vague. And every time I read it I want to say 'innocence' instead of 'innocents'. Makes it more confusing for me.

That's all with my speculation. Excuse me while I move back into lurk status.

cshawzye
April 26th, 2007, 07:08 AM
The only thing I can think of is that he's talking about Vengeance, and the story of Michael and his creatures continuing into Season 4.

Not sure though.

Yeah, I don't know. That bit is sooo completely vague. Maybe he's talking about the Vengeance stuff. But I can't help but think maybe a bit of it has to do with First Strike. If the arc is continuing perhaps it's something that comes from there. Although I'm sure we'll see the bugs again so maybe the Vengeance story is the one that's continuing ... Ack! I'm just going in circles!!

Innocents lost...

Lost boys?

It's a stretch. The line is... vague. And every time I read it I want to say 'innocence' instead of 'innocents'. Makes it more confusing for me.

Ooo, Lost Boys would be interesting becaue that would mean we'd get the chance to see Ford again. How cool would that be? I always thought that Ford had potential, and doubly so with enzyme!Ford. It'd would've been nice to get more of him. Though, I don't know if the line is refering to him or not ... be interesting if it did though.

Suzotchka
April 26th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Could "innocents lost" be in reference to the Athosians? Aren't they supposed to be 'missing'??

mcbarr
April 26th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah, it seems Teyla's people will have the same fate as the Volcano people had in Vengence.

Oenone
April 26th, 2007, 03:54 PM
"A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.
(Refers to a season four episode. The title pretty much gives it away. Alas, this is one that may not play out as planned as the originally envisioned dark turn arc has been superseded by another necessary arc)."

It seems that the dark turn that most people thought would come out of "Missing" for Teyla will be run out by her pregnancy story line. JM calls it "necessary." So necessary, in fact, that it also pushed aside a McKay story line. I wonder why Teyla can't be dark and pregnant?

belanna30
April 26th, 2007, 04:54 PM
hmm. . .. well, we were pretty close, though a lot of Season 4 is still up in the air. .. .. Here I thought the beloved doctor wasn't coming back until the second half of Season 4, but hey . .. . what do I know?

Killdeer
April 26th, 2007, 05:39 PM
hmm. . .. well, we were pretty close, though a lot of Season 4 is still up in the air. .. .. Here I thought the beloved doctor wasn't coming back until the second half of Season 4, but hey . .. . what do I know?

No, you're right, Carson isn't coming back until the second half. The poem refers to all of Season 4, not just the first half. There might not be a line for every single episode in the second half, but I think at least some of these references will show up then.

Killdeer
April 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
OK, here's a thought. On Gateworld's episode guide for Season 4, it has this information under "Lifeline", the second episode in the season.

Carl Binder's upcoming episode "Lifeline" is "the big op eppy," according to executive producer Joseph Mallozzi.
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

I've read some comments from people who toured the set saying that there is a scene where Weir has brain surgery. So I'm thinking, "big op eppy" refers to Weir's surgery. Could this line from the poem also be referring to Lifeline?

So maybe Weir is the player?

cshawzye
April 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
OK, here's a thought. On Gateworld's episode guide for Season 4, it has this information under "Lifeline", the second episode in the season.

Carl Binder's upcoming episode "Lifeline" is "the big op eppy," according to executive producer Joseph Mallozzi.
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

I've read some comments from people who toured the set saying that there is a scene where Weir has brain surgery. So I'm thinking, "big op eppy" refers to Weir's surgery. Could this line from the poem also be referring to Lifeline?

So maybe Weir is the player?

That's really interesting!! I hadn't heard any of that. I do think that the "alien contact" line could definitely refer to Weir. In fact I can't really think of any one else it could refer to. I guess you could maybe say Sheppard with either "Doppelganger" or "Travellers." But, looking at the spoilers for those the word "doom" seems a bit harsh for what's going on in those episodes. It might be possible to make a case for Teyla with that line as well. Again here though, I'd say that's sketchy too in terms of the severity and the use of the word "doom." Weir definitely seems like the right choice.

Wraith_Boy
April 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Innocents lost...

Lost boys?

100% not Ford. JM posted a month or 2 ago in his blog that there were no plans for Ford to be back.

Not to mention even if he hadn't stated that, Ford wasn't in any S3 arcs!

It actually seems quite simply to me given that it was a S3 arc that would go into S4.

'Innocents Lost' = Taranians & the other couple of planets. Strict adherence = His army of bug people following & carrying out his every whim!

Meaning that it'll be the Michael Arc returning once more. Most likely in a 2nd half airing.

PG15
April 26th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well, Joe has posted that Mikey's not appearing in the 1st half.

Killdeer
April 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Well, Joe has posted that Mikey's not appearing in the 1st half.

:eek: That's surprising. But maybe it'll be a background arc building up to a big reveal where Michael appears in the 2nd half. *shrugs*

Need to go check out the Blog thread now....:D

FurlingsAreMyFriends
April 27th, 2007, 04:18 AM
100% not Ford. JM posted a month or 2 ago in his blog that there were no plans for Ford to be back.

Not to mention even if he hadn't stated that, Ford wasn't in any S3 arcs!

It actually seems quite simply to me given that it was a S3 arc that would go into S4.

'Innocents Lost' = Taranians & the other couple of planets. Strict adherence = His army of bug people following & carrying out his every whim!

Meaning that it'll be the Michael Arc returning once more. Most likely in a 2nd half airing.

That's fine. I dabbled in a little innocent speculation. The line is still very vague to me and open to a lot of suggestions, especially after JM said that Michael will not appear in the first half of S4.

Ah well. I shall ponder further.

As for this line:

I'm all for it referring to Weir, but could it also refer to Sheppard in Travelers? JM did say that Travelers is a Shep-whumping ep, and he makes 'alien' contact, so to speak. Once again, endless speculation from my sleep addled mind. Bear it no heed. I shall once again lurk!

Wraith_Boy
April 27th, 2007, 05:13 AM
As for this line:

I'm all for it referring to Weir, but could it also refer to Sheppard in Travelers? JM did say that Travelers is a Shep-whumping ep, and he makes 'alien' contact, so to speak. Once again, endless speculation from my sleep addled mind. Bear it no heed. I shall once again lurk!

It could mean anything in a few eps. Some haven't even given out any plots yet. So could end up being one of those!

It could be from 'Travelers' but we know he'll get away in the end, it may end up being something like 'Missing' where perhaps all the problems begin for Teyla.

It may also be from 'Doppleganger' where Sheppard touches the entity & it does it's stuff placing each of the team in a simulation.

Just too early to get a good handle on that part of the wording yet!

FurlingsAreMyFriends
April 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM
It could mean anything in a few eps. Some haven't even given out any plots yet. So could end up being one of those!

It could be from 'Travelers' but we know he'll get away in the end, it may end up being something like 'Missing' where perhaps all the problems begin for Teyla.

It may also be from 'Doppleganger' where Sheppard touches the entity & it does it's stuff placing each of the team in a simulation.

Just too early to get a good handle on that part of the wording yet!

Yeah, and then we'll see the episodes in S4 and suddenly go OOOHHHH! And every line will have made sense. Damn ambiguity. I like my spoilers! :-p

Naonak
April 27th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I think that
is about Vengeance
and Michael creating his super-bug army from the Taranians and the people of other planets.

scifi_lemon
April 27th, 2007, 11:19 AM
But adherence to what, exactly? Questions, questions.

Naonak
April 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM
*VENGEANCE SPOILERS*
Well, I was thinking adherence to him. From what I can remember, I think the super-bugs are loyal to Michael.

cshawzye
April 27th, 2007, 05:05 PM
*VENGEANCE SPOILERS*
Well, I was thinking adherence to him. From what I can remember, I think the super-bugs are loyal to Michael.

I think that's a really neat idea. The adherence part fits rather well there. The only thing I'd question is the "innocents." Could Michael be classified as an innocent? Well, I guess when he was first humanized he could, but after that, *shrugs.* Interesting.

Naonak
April 28th, 2007, 04:18 AM
The 'innocents lost' would be
the Taranians and others that he experimented on.

cshawzye
April 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM
The 'innocents lost' would be
the Taranians and others that he experimented on.

Ah, that definitely makes sense. I had always linked the lost innocents with trying to control things refering to the same person. But abosolutely they could be seperate but related. :) Interesting. Makes me think.

Killdeer
May 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hello! Just resurrecting this thread. :D Any new spoilers you all want to discuss?

The Tabula Rasa spoilers sound interesting. The poem says:

The spoilers talk about a disease that causes the Atlantis residents to lose their memories. So how does that relate to the change of location?

belanna30
May 13th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I haven't heard much about Tabula Rosa at all. I'll need to go check the spoilers for that one.

I agree with the Vengeance for that line.

Did we decide on one for "One of our own the enemy courts"?

the dancer of spaz
May 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM
*VENGEANCE SPOILERS*

That's true! And it makes a lot of sense.

The theory that perhaps it'll refer to his control over the Athosians after S4's "Missing" was cool, but somehow I think that that probably wouldn't end well for the Athosians (if they were following Michael's lead).

Also KillDeer, what you said about Tabula Rasa is interesting as well... I wonder though if he had that episode nailed down before he did the poem? And the location question... They don't look like they're in a different location, but maybe the City is in a different part of the planet. Is that even probable?

Alipeeps
May 14th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Did we decide on one for "One of our own the enemy courts"?

My thoughts on that were that it related to Reunion... according to spoilers in that ep we meet some of Ronon's people and they try to convince him to leave Atlantis and join them (courting one of our own) but in the end they turn out to be

MAJOR SPOILERS HEREIN!!Wraith-worshippers.. this making them "the enemy" in my eyes?

scifi_lemon
May 14th, 2007, 05:54 PM
My thoughts on that were that it related to Reunion... according to spoilers in that ep we meet some of Ronon's people and they try to convince him to leave Atlantis and join them (courting one of our own) but in the end they turn out to be

MAJOR SPOILERS HEREIN!!Wraith-worshippers.. this making them "the enemy" in my eyes?

That's what I thought to, though it may have to deal with Teyla and Her pregnancy in Seer.

cshawzye
May 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
That's what I thought to, though it may have to deal with Teyla and Her pregnancy in Seer.
After I heard those spoilers I wondered the same thing. Personally I want to hold on to the Reunion idea, but, that's just because I'm a creature of habit. :P

Actually, I was just thinking Reunion comes very early on, right? (Spoilers for Reunion and Seer). Perhaps, Ronon's friends as wraith worshipers have something to do with Teyla's pregnancy. Not sure how it might tie in but contact with them is definitely contact with the enemy.

scifi_lemon
May 14th, 2007, 06:51 PM
After I heard those spoilers I wondered the same thing. Personally I want to hold on to the Reunion idea, but, that's just because I'm a creature of habit. :P

Actually, I was just thinking Reunion comes very early on, right? (Spoilers for Reunion and Seer). Perhaps, Ronon's friends as wraith worshipers have something to do with Teyla's pregnancy. Not sure how it might tie in but contact with them is definitely contact with the enemy.

That might work... is it fall yet? :P

cshawzye
May 14th, 2007, 06:53 PM
That might work... is it fall yet? :P

:lol: If only.

The speculation was fun at first but now it's getting tedious! I just want the answers. :P

*refrains from pulling hair out*

vaberella
May 15th, 2007, 09:38 AM

Is Teyla really in this ep? It sounded like a very heavy Ronon/his peeps/Carter ep.

But adherence to what, exactly? Questions, questions.

Maybe he'll have his own worshippers....Oh wait, wait....don't they respond mentally to his command and only his?! Maybe that's the adherence.

Alipeeps
May 15th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Maybe he'll have his own worshippers....Oh wait, wait....don't they respond mentally to his command and only his?! Maybe that's the adherence.

That's certainly how I interpreted that line... "From innocents lost" (the Taranians) "he'll" (Michael) "produce strict adherence" (an army of bug-creatures that obey his every command).

cshawzye
May 16th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Is Teyla really in this ep? It sounded like a very heavy Ronon/his peeps/Carter ep.

Yeah, I have no idea. I always assumed she'd be in Reunion. Just given her previous interactions with Ronon. In the past she's been a sounding board for him, so with the spoilers coming out about Ronon's dilemma in the episode I figured she'd be in there somewhere. Though, being his "sounding board" wouldn't necessarily but her in any kind of contact that would (spoilers for Reunion and Seer) end with Ronon's wraith worshiping friends making her pregnant or having anything to do with it. It's just me trying to connect the episodes and see a story or an arc building from what little spoilers we have.

Ltcolshepjumper
June 11th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Here's what it's at so far:

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,-Doppelganger

Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - The Seer

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts. - Reunion for both

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Quarantine/Spoils of War?
While an alien contact this player dooms - This Mortal Coil?

And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother. - Seer/Miller's Crossing

While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - Carson Beckett's return

Killdeer
August 16th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Reviving this thread - it's been awhile.

But given current spoilers.....

I'm thinking now that the first or the third lines (or maybe both) refer to what happens to Weir in Lifeline. What do you all think?

xSFx
January 7th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Reviving this thread. (is there a thread for the newest poem?)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-31-2007.html

As such I suppose I’ve raised expectations,
That this year include some like revelations,
Ensconced in an opus of rhythm and rhyme,
Awaiting discovery from those who have time.

While I hadn’t intended to write one this season,
I suppose it should certainly stand within reason,
That in order to get you to give it a rest,
I author another and grant your request.

So here is this year’s abstruse composition,
Designed for you fans who possess the volition,
To examine and study its cryptic contents,
In a bid to unearth hints to future events.

The brilliant one slowly loses his mind,
While a group of replacements puts the team in a bind.

Wallace’s research a menace let loose.
The key to success is compress not diffuse.

A relationship blossoms, an engagement is planned.
An old enemy sweeps down and gains the upper hand.

In an underground chamber the trio is stuck,
While Sheppard battles some really bad luck.

A corpse is discovered and John plays detective.
The city assailed by mutations infective.

Call the doctor from Earth to help us take action,
As the death of a loved one spurs McKay into action.

Get talked into escorting a precocious young brat.
The experiment’s minions the team will combat.

A battle is waged on the defender’s home field,
And the means of production is fully revealed.

Two warriors head off an incursion on Earth.
A mission is snagged by an untimely birth.

The status quo shifts, a power play made.
The arrival of this one leave some feeling dismayed.

An old friend returns, loyalties are reversed,
And a ghost from the past has us fearing the worst.

Atlantis the target of a mysterious race,
While myriad permutations are viewed from space.

So just like last year here are intriguing notions,
Sure to, no doubt, stir up strong fan emotions.
But do keep in mind while you revel or groan,
That it’s still very early. Nothing’s written in stone.

>50% sure

A battle is waged on the defender’s home field,
The battle against the asurans on their home planet? (411)

And the means of production is fully revealed.
Wraith giving birth? (412 i think)

A mission is snagged by an untimely birth.
Teyla giving birth

< 50% sure

The status quo shifts, a power play made.
The arrival of this one leave some feeling dismayed.
Either Sam, Sheppard or McKay are gettin' booted?

An old friend returns, loyalties are reversed,
Weir?

And a ghost from the past has us fearing the worst.
More ascended ancients and their cryptic warnings

Atlantis the target of a mysterious race,
The reason for the "fear" is finally revealed

While myriad permutations are viewed from space.
Inter-dimensional conquerors and a possible start to the new series - The 9'th Chevron?

PG15
January 7th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, there's already a thread for the new poem:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49894

Killdeer
January 11th, 2008, 04:05 PM
We've got a new poem now! :) (see above post) But we haven't finished all the clues from the old one yet! :D

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,- Doppelganger

One of our own the enemy courts. - This Mortal Coil?

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Adrift/BAMSR?
While an alien contact this player dooms - Lifeline?

While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - Kindred 1 or 2?

Ltcolshepjumper
January 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Find the wraith and our allies have something in common.-Reunion

One of our own the enemy courts. - This Mortal Coil?

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Adrift/BAMSR?
While an alien contact this player dooms - Doppleganger

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,- The Seer

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence- early season 4

And all see the light of a t.v. one day

Killdeer
January 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Joe Mallozzi was kind enough to give us most of the clues for the rest of the poem, and also some background info on the episodes. Here's the revised list.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/january-26-2008-so-thats-what-he-was-referring-to/

Find the wraith and our allies have something in common. - Spoils of War

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts. - Reunion, both lines
[One of our own the enemy courts.

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms, - Lifeline (possibly Adrift also?)
While an alien contact this player dooms - Doppelganger

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another - The Seer

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence - Vengeance

PG15
January 26th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hmm...how does "one of our own the enemy courts" fit with Reunion?

I guess I should think of "courts" as more than just romantic, in this case.

Killdeer
January 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM

I guess I should think of "courts" as more than just romantic, in this case.

I'm only going by what JM said in his blog. :D

Willow'sCat
January 26th, 2008, 08:08 PM

I guess I should think of "courts" as more than just romantic, in this case.Yes you should. And I think it is Ronon...;)

PG15
January 26th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I know JM didn't mention it either. I think I may ask him.

xSFx
January 27th, 2008, 12:23 AM
You know, it would be great if you guys discussed what might actually happen in those episodes; the titles are good to know but they don't say a lot.

Isn't there a guessing-thread, where we can make predictions based on the poem?:D (this doesn't sound like it).

Killdeer
January 27th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Isn't there a guessing-thread, where we can make predictions based on the poem?:D (this doesn't sound like it).

This is the guessing thread for the old poem, but most of the episodes have aired already. The guessing thread for the new poem is here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=49894