View Full Version : The Seer Pre Airing Discussion/speculation

Pages : [1] 2 3

Adria
March 10th, 2007, 09:48 AM
boy that title just reeks of greatness.

wonder what this is about.

Mitchell82
March 10th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Well a seer is basically a fortune teller. Someone that can see the future. Many possibilities abound for this.

VSHARMA
March 10th, 2007, 10:02 AM
boy that title just reeks of greatness.

wonder what this is about.

:confused: what's going on here?

Adria
March 10th, 2007, 10:03 AM
:confused: what's going on here?

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/405.shtml

sorry helps to post details :)

Mitchell82
March 10th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Truthfully I have no idea. I just assumed there was a new episode title.

RepliHawk
March 10th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Truthfully I have no idea. .

Me either

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'm guessing this is the episode that fits the following line from JoeM's poem.

"Receives a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman."

If so, I wonder what the gift is, and who receives it?

vaberella
March 10th, 2007, 07:39 PM
All right, I was speaking to the some of the MSN JT chatters in regards to this. I related this episode to Teyla. I just remember going back to Rising 2 and Teyla speaking of the 'prophecy' that states all the Wraith would awaken. I figure this is another "prophecy" of sorts we'll see that might lead to more stories. Or it could relate to McKay's arc.

garhkal
March 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I'm guessing this is the episode that fits the following line from JoeM's poem.

"Receives a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman."

If so, I wonder what the gift is, and who receives it?

The only grand gift i can think of for atlantis at this time, would be a zpm

jenks
March 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Hmm, maybe they are continuing the story on space pikeys...

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2007, 10:56 PM
All right, I was speaking to the some of the MSN JT chatters in regards to this. I related this episode to Teyla. I just remember going back to Rising 2 and Teyla speaking of the 'prophecy' that states all the Wraith would awaken. I figure this is another "prophecy" of sorts we'll see that might lead to more stories. Or it could relate to McKay's arc.

Actually I was thinking that this could relate more to Teyla's abilities.

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 11th, 2007, 11:20 PM
^ She is meant to be getting a lot more screentime and character development this season so it's possible.

garhkal
March 11th, 2007, 11:32 PM
^ She is meant to be getting a lot more screentime and character development this season so it's possible.

But what new powers would she develop to become the 'seer'??

Personally, i hope it is one of her people, like one of those older ladies we saw in rising.

sparkygate
April 4th, 2007, 01:16 AM
Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman. - The Seer?

In the poem that Joe Mallozze has written, someone is given a gift....????

My guess cant be teyla- wraith ability already, mckay?? Probably not, Sheppard?? traveler episode is probably a sheppard based, soo that leaves ronon??? not much into his background so far apart from the fact the wraith had destroyed ronons homeworld etc... maybe more on the new head doctor she too could get the ability??

Post your thoughts

vaberella
April 4th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Figured it was McKay---he seems to always get all the cool powers.
If it is Ronon, maybe it's finally going to come out that Ronon is Teyla's brother? The gift of blood family. :D Or Ronon has the chromosome that keeps him from getting killed by the wraith or he's told he has it? That would be cool for me.

Linzi
April 4th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Figured it was McKay---he seems to always get all the cool powers.
If it is Ronon, maybe it's finally going to come out that Ronon is Teyla's brother? The gift of blood family. :D Or Ronon has the chromosome that keeps him from getting killed by the wraith or he's told he has it? That would be cool for me.
I figured it's McKay too.

nihela
April 4th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Maybe it's CArter!!!

Platschu
April 4th, 2007, 07:01 AM
I think the Seer will be about Teyla. The Wraith telepatic abilites can be useful against Michael's bug people. :cool:

retiredat44
April 4th, 2007, 08:50 PM
The Sci-Fi show 'Sliders' Series Finale ended with an episode named 'The Seer " !!!

:cool:

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I think the Seer will be about Teyla. The Wraith telepatic abilites can be useful against Michael's bug people. :cool:

I'm thinking it's Teyla too. If it's Mckay...oh boy all he needs is something else to gloat about.

PG15
April 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Small tidbit for this episode:

Suekay writes: “Which episode in the first half of season four are you most looking forward to? And which episodes should fans be looking forward to most for each member of the Team?”

Answer: To be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing all of the first half episodes this season. I think we have an exceptionally strong line-up for season four so far. As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it‘s tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: Travelers for Sheppard, Miller’s Crossing for McKay, Reunion for Ronon, Missing for Teyla, The Seer for Carter, This Mortal Coil for Weir, and Missing again for Keller.

Gen_J_O'Neill
April 15th, 2007, 07:17 PM
^ WOW I didn't see that one coming!

This has turned things on their head! I wonder whats going to happen!

Agent_Dark
April 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Prime :sam: :sam: :sam:

SGFerrit
April 16th, 2007, 06:03 AM
yay, Carter is getting an episode!

Alan
April 17th, 2007, 08:17 AM
yay, Carter is getting an episode!

Indeed! Hopefully this will be one episode amongst many concentrating on Sam at Atlantis!

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
April 24th, 2007, 11:34 PM
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=808

Lemme be the first to say... Holy hell. Didn't see that coming for Teyla. Bet it's a hybrid Wraith baby.

Ruined_puzzle
April 25th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Teyla/Michael FTW. LOL.

Celcool
April 25th, 2007, 12:18 AM
McKay and Carter show, huh?

LOL Teyla being pregnant, if it's a Wraith baby, that's interesting.

female Wraith
April 25th, 2007, 12:45 AM
The Seer will be very interesting episode.
Teyla is pregnant and is hiding her condition...hmmm....because the father is a Wraith??

And the other Wraiths in the episode. The one with the stop retrovirus and the other Hive coming to Atlantis. Ooooooo, I hate waiting till September or October! That is unhuman! Every Wraithish in me is rebelling against that waiting!

We have to start a campain for summer premiere of Season 4!

Maltrancko
April 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM
hmmm very intriguing, also the mention of a few other things in that article interested me there too...

Linzi
April 25th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Blimey. I didn't see that coming...obviously neither did Teyla! :eek: How peculiar. Sounds fascinating!

Buba uognarf
April 25th, 2007, 01:20 AM
hmmm very intriguing, also the mention of a few other things in that article interested me there too...

Like?

This episode also shows the Wraith have some knowledge of the Asurans at least the virus that they evolved from.

spirited Chihiro
April 25th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Blimey. I didn't see that coming...obviously neither did Teyla! :eek: How peculiar. Sounds fascinating!

haha....i CANNOT believe it!!?!? but sounds very exciting!! i wonder how it was concieved!!?!?? or maybe they are pulling our legs?

caty
April 25th, 2007, 03:27 AM
I can't believe this.. Sounds like TPTB might actually live up to their promise that this season will be different. I hate the whole "let's not risk anything"-attitude they usually have.

Nothing is worse than a shallow show...

g.o.d
April 25th, 2007, 03:41 AM
another boring Teyla on the show???I still hope that her child won't so boring as Teyla

Maltrancko
April 25th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Like?

This episode also shows the Wraith have some knowledge of the Asurans at least the virus that they evolved from.

" a second hive ship will arrive soon." no mention of a first ship?

Davos has shared a vision with Carter and she must deal with the possibility of what this vision has revealed. She admits that it was pretty hard to misinterpret — the future of the galaxy rests on the actions of but a few — the people of Atlantis. And she is the one who must decide on what actions to take at the “crossroad”. - whats the crossroad?

He also knows that Teyla is pregnant and that she has kept her condition a secret because it is a complicated issue. - in which way?? who is the father? is it Michael??

SGFerrit
April 25th, 2007, 04:38 AM
Bloody hell!

Looks like they WILL be making up for the lack of Teyla development/screentime we have had so far!

I said a little while ago that Teyla being pregnant, especially with a Wraith hybrid, could lead to some excellent stories!

And the rest, about the fate of the galaxy resting with Atlantis and a 'second' hive ship coming to Atlantis!?!

From the spoilers this season is shaping up, IMO, to be excellent.

B O Y S C O U T
April 25th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Sounds like a great episode, full of surprises lol, well now the wraith know that Atlantis wasn't destroyed. . .

Buba uognarf
April 25th, 2007, 04:57 AM
This episode also looks to show another side of the wraith, that they can be reasoned with adding more depth to them as a species...sounds like it could be a very good episode for Wraith development!

Kidwizz
April 25th, 2007, 05:08 AM
just... OMG

Pegasus_SGA
April 25th, 2007, 06:07 AM
*cough* So, the long story arc for Teyla should last 9 months then. :p and JM was certainly right about the character growth in more ways than one :lol:I predict *gets out her crystal ball* that she goes 'missing' in missing :p Is captured by Michael and experimented on then the team find her after a month or so of being held captive, then in Seer we learn she's been impregnated by the bug DNA. But she won't tell the team until the ep 'This mortal coil' :D

Linzi
April 25th, 2007, 06:11 AM
*cough* So, the long story arc for Teyla should last 9 months then. :p and JM was certainly right about the character growth in more ways than one :lol:I predict *gets out her crystal ball* that she goes 'missing' in missing :p Is captured by Michael and experimented on then the team find her after a month or so of being held captive, then in Seer we learn she's been impregnated by the bug DNA. But she won't tell the team until the ep 'This mortal coil' :D
Great ideas! :)

Pegasus_SGA
April 25th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Great ideas! :)

You know I said I wasn't gonna post in her, but there are too many one liners in these spoilers that we have, and well I can't resist any longer :DI am glad that Teyla is getting a good story arc, but 'pregnancy' hmmm... it's obviously not going to be your average child with athosian and wraith DNA in it's genes, but if it is Michael whose taken her...or someone else *tries to think of who* then I wonder if they know of her special abilities? But to impregnate her and then let her go, must mean that they are keeping an eye out on her and watching the pregnancy.... hmmmmm. Unless it's a race that we meet in lifeline, or adrift (if there are any). I can't see it being any of the Travelers people though....

ACharmedAsgard
April 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I have absolutely no idea if it's valid or just speculation but so far there is a detailed description of the episode on wikipedia that states...

That the baby is Sheppard's (I feel sorry for the Weir/Sheppard shippers). The only reason why I think it is plausable is that Teyla is uncomfortable talking about it and we also learn Shep's was or is married (Apparently) which makes it an issue

I can tell that the series is going to be full of scandels lol

FoolishPleasure
April 25th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Teyla's condition probably pertains to what happens in "Missing", as I believe that is a Teyla-centric eppy. Probably an experiment of some sort.

Pegasus_SGA
April 25th, 2007, 06:31 AM
I have absolutely no idea if it's valid or just speculation but so far there is a detailed description of the episode on wikipedia that states...

That the baby is Sheppard's (I feel sorry for the Weir/Sheppard shippers). The only reason why I think it is plausable is that Teyla is uncomfortable talking about it and we also learn Shep's was or is married (Apparently) which makes it an issue

I'd take that comment with a pinch of salt. Someone has put it in there to stir the pot :lol: unless it's DG EVIL Shep's and the kid is going to be like something out of Rosemary's Baby :lol:Never going to happen. :D

Buba uognarf
April 25th, 2007, 06:32 AM

that's deffinately not true, i'll eat my computer if it is:D

Linzi
April 25th, 2007, 06:45 AM

That doesn't sound credible to me, to be honest. I can't see that turning out to be the truth. I still think someone's done the dirty on Teyla and impregnated her by foul means. Unless, of course the angel Gabriel (or the Pegasus Galaxy equiavalent), visited her! ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
April 25th, 2007, 06:55 AM
The Ep sounds good but, once again, think the spoilers give too much away, if it had only included Davros coming to the city that would be fine but the whole Teyla's pregnancy (and to a lesser extent the Asurans) was too much information

Steve_the_Wraith
April 25th, 2007, 06:57 AM

that sounds fake, probably posted by someone who wanted to rile up the Teyla/Shepperd shippers

Linzi
April 25th, 2007, 07:01 AM
that sounds fake, probably posted by someone who wanted to rile up the Teyla/Shepperd shippers
Or just annoy all the shipping factions! ;)

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 07:12 AM
I double taked when I read the first line because I read Davos as Davros (the creator of the Daleks in Doc Who) lol.
Anyway after getting over that I read the rest and I don't know if I'm quite excited or worried haha.

1) Yay me! I knew it would be Teyla who would be pregnant. My theory was it would be from one of Michael's crazy experiments...but from reading that article it sounds like Teyla feels affection to be carrying the child, so I'm not so sure on it being something to do with Michael now...or maybe she feels secretive of it because she knows people will never accept the child.

My second theory (that I have just shamelessly stolen from my sister) is that it's Carson's child (my sister is a big Teyla/Carson shipper) which would make some sense I guess.
1) because 2-3 months is usually around the time a woman realise she is pregnant and we could imagine that much time passing from just before Sunday and The Seer.
2) it could tie into the whole Carson coming back from the dead storyline.
3) I don't know why really. It just seemed like a reasonable idea.

edit: just realised a massive flaw in this theory is that only at the beginning of Sunday was Teyla discussing having an unresolved crush on someone. So the Carson theory is out of the question. So we can presume something happened between Sunday and The Seer...hmm. OK so I'm still going with Michael ;)
Actually this short time also makes sence for why it can't be Ronon or Shep's child. I can't see Teyla just jumping into bed with either of them that quickly...especially after being so shy about approaching a guy she fancies (Sunday). She has more respect than that.
Plus we already know that Shep and Ronon aren't ready for any type of commitment (also in Sunday)

I guess I am a bit of a Ronan/Teyla shipper but I can't see it being Ronan's at all. Same with Shep. I just can't see when it would of happened. And I'm just thinking from things I've heard from the cast in interviews and conventions...none of them has indicated they'll be those ships going ahead. At VanCon Rachel said it would be interesting to see Teyla meet someone offworld, so that is a possibility.

Ahhh and another thing: We can now presume that Missing will actually be about Teyla's people going missing. I never believed this theory, but it seems I am wrong. So a strange disappearance leads to anothers dark turn is the Athosians and Teyla.

ok that's enough sencible speculation...

*squee* please please please be something to do with Michael!

I really really hope it's something to do with Michael...or the wraith in general. That would be an awesome storyline.

Pegasus_SGA >> I LOVE your idea

and remember JM has said they'll be a horrific reveal at the end of This Mortal Coil. That could be when the team finds out about Teyla carrying a wraith/mutentbug/baby michael.

The other theory is that it's something to do with the replicators...except I prefer to like the replicators to Elizabeth's story and the wraith to Teyla. That seems to be how the enimies are paired up :)

*skips about singing* baby Michaels! baby Michaels!

If the baby is wraith related:
1) What the heck will Ronon think of it all? He will never accept it. When the team finds out...wow. I don't want to be involved with that domestic.

GateLadyM
April 25th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Kinda sad that the writers think the only way to give Teyla an arc and make her interesting is to make her pregnant.

Lunat1
April 25th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Hi All,

Delurking to reply to this thread..couldn't resist (1st ever post).
This sounds like a great episode.
IMHO what would make it more interesting is if Michael ran into the Travelers, stole a vial of Sheppard's blood to obtain some of that ATA gene and used it in the mix so to speak, trying to create a hybrid human/wraith species with the ATA gene.

Come to think of it, the wraith should have taken some of Mackay's blood for his genius genes, and Ronon's genes (they still haven't explored why that wraith stopped feeding on him and decided to make him a runner instead) when they were held hostage in No Man's Land and mix those genes in as well. Genetics experiment gone mad, but the result could be interesting.

Imagine in this situation the whole team would be emotionally involved (or emotionally whumped). Oh the ethical dilemma they would face. Would SGA go that dark?

Okay slinks back to lurking.

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Hi All,

Delurking to reply to this thread..couldn't resist (1st ever post).
This sounds like a great episode.
IMHO what would make it more interesting is if Michael ran into the Travelers, stole a vial of Sheppard's blood to obtain some of that ATA gene and used it in the mix so to speak, trying to create a hybrid human/wraith species with the ATA gene.

Come to think of it, the wraith should have taken some of Mackay's blood for his genius genes, and Ronon's genes (they still haven't explored why that wraith stopped feeding on him and decided to make him a runner instead) when they were held hostage in No Man's Land and mix those genes in as well. Genetics experiment gone mad, but the result could be interesting.

Imagine in this situation the whole team would be emotionally involved (or emotionally whumped). Oh the ethical dilemma they would face. Would SGA go that dark?

Okay slinks back to lurking.

Oooo that sounds interesting. So the baby...whatever it is a baby of, would end up part of each member of the team. Raising moral questions about what they would do to it.
Then again, Michael is now part human and they don't seem to care about wanting to kill him. So how would the team feel about a half wraith baby...considering some of the team had very little sympathy for the wraith girl in Instinct, even though she showed mostly human personality traits.

It would be a complicated issue.

The whole thing about mixing Sheps ATA dna with the wraith bug thing and Teyla sounds an awful lot though like the storyline in Enterprise where Trip and T'Pols DNA is mixed to create the first vulcan/human baby.
Then again, scifi programs tend to mirror each other from time to time.

Possibly the people from Travellers and Michael hook up in some sort of alliance?

Going completely off track now. I can't think straight when I'm hyper.

SGFerrit
April 25th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I literally think this could go one of two ways:

1. big mistake

or...

2. possibly one of the best and most interesting arcs yet in Atlantis, opening up a world of possibilities for great stories and character development

At first I had reservations about Joe and Paul becoming show runners, but after hearing what they and the other ptb have in store for the show, I am extremely excited!

ACharmedAsgard
April 25th, 2007, 07:43 AM

I'd take that comment with a pinch of salt. Someone has put it in there to stir the pot :lol: unless it's DG EVIL Shep's and the kid is going to be like something out of Rosemary's Baby :lol:Never going to happen. :D

that's deffinately not true, i'll eat my computer if it is:D

That doesn't sound credible to me, to be honest. I can't see that turning out to be the truth. I still think someone's done the dirty on Teyla and impregnated her by foul means. Unless, of course the angel Gabriel (or the Pegasus Galaxy equiavalent), visited her! ;)

lol you lot just want it to be as discusing and as horrible to think about as possible lol#

This is why I like gateworld ;)

Suzotchka
April 25th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Quick question: didn't JM say on his blog we were going to learn how the Wraith reproduce? I wonder if Teyla's pregnancy has anything to do with it?

ACharmedAsgard
April 25th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah! your right!

They may use - you got it - human hosts.

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 08:10 AM

1. big mistake

or...

2. possibly one of the best and most interesting arcs yet in Atlantis, opening up a world of possibilities for great stories and character development

At first I had reservations about Joe and Paul becoming show runners, but after hearing what they and the other ptb have in store for the show, I am extremely excited!

I agree. I think I will go with your second option ;)

pilgrim soul
April 25th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I double taked when I read the first line because I read Davos as Davros (the creator of the Daleks in Doc Who) lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I still keep reading that whenever I see the name and I can already imagine my brother giggling through the episode.

Kinda sad that the writers think the only way to give Teyla an arc and make her interesting is to make her pregnant.

I though exactly the same thing, it would be nice if her arc didn't revolve around her being a "vunerable" woman.

cshawzye
April 25th, 2007, 08:43 AM
If the baby is wraith related:
1) What the heck will Ronon think of it all? He will never accept it. When the team finds out...wow. I don't want to be involved with that domestic.

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the spoilers. If it's a part wraith child how the heck willl the team, and mostly Ronon (given his feelings toward the wraith0, deal with what she's carrying. Such a pregnancy could be an interesting catalyst for some pretty explosive stuff on the show.

1. big mistake

or...

Yeah, I think that sums it up rather nicely for me too. I'm not sure how to feel about this episode yet. I wish they'd given Teyla something to do other than being pregnant, but, at the same time it could be interesting. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the second option will win out.

It's nice to see that Teyla's getting more screentime, though. Then again .... well just going to have to wait and see I guess.

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM

1. big mistake

or...

Yeah, this could indeed go either way. I've been trying to reserve judgment until I've seen more of Joe and Paul's work (despite the awful The Tower and Irresistible); however, based on the spoilers I'm more curious about Season 4 than I was about Season 3.

As for Teyla being pregnant, I have no problems with this provided it's well-written and interesting. TPTB promised a darker Season 4 and based on the spoilers, they just may deliver. If what we get on screen is half as interesting as some of the fan's theories, then I'll be pleased. Even if TPTB screw it up, I'll look forward to good episode-based fanfic to take up the slack.

Naonak
April 25th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Wow - I think I'm gonna try to avoid spoilers from now on - I wanna be shocked by the episodes... :rolleyes:

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Maxbo wrote...As for Teyla being pregnant, I have no problems with this provided it's well-written and interesting. TPTB promised a darker Season 4 and based on the spoilers, they just may deliver.

I haven't quite wrapped my finger around this just yet, reading about it only a couple of hours ago...DANG IT, these things always happen while I"m sleeping! . But, now that you word it this way, I guess it could be an interesting arc. I just hope that it's not a repeat of SG-1 whole Vala story and Danie's wife, *forgot her name, sorry*....which is what it would sound like to me if this is all about Michael and the Wraith.

How unoriginal would that be? I'll give the writers more credit than that...

I just hope that this will be meaningful and bring forth character development for Teyla.

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 09:25 AM
This actually does sound interesting, maybe Teyla will be able to justify her character being on the show after all!

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 09:44 AM
OK...I am stunned. I just read this..... and all my excitement for Season 4 just went right down the drain. I've been worried, sure, but a lot of the episode spoilers coming out looked really interesting, so I was starting to get pumped up for it.....

I feel like screaming! How can they do this? Just no no no no 1000x NO! I was so excited about Teyla's arc this year. I hoped we'd get to see her as a warrior and a leader. But pregnant? Just....so very no. *crying inside* If it's a wraith baby, then that has already been done so many times....they just did it with Vala! If it's Sheppard's.....oh ..... I don't even want to go there. That would be even worse.

Wow. And just when I thought it was safe to start getting excited about Season 4. :( :(

EDIT: Reading up through here, it seems like there are some people excited about the idea. I'm not attacking you all - I guess I'm glad someone's excited. I just feel like crying right now. :( But this was not an attack on differing opinions.

Ruined_puzzle
April 25th, 2007, 09:47 AM
OMG I just remembered. Teyla/Wraith Queen FTW. LOL.

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Maxbo wrote...As for Teyla being pregnant, I have no problems with this provided it's well-written and interesting. TPTB promised a darker Season 4 and based on the spoilers, they just may deliver.

I haven't quite wrapped my finger around this just yet, reading about it only a couple of hours ago...DANG IT, these things always happen while I"m sleeping! . But, now that you word it this way, I guess it could be an interesting arc. I just hope that it's not a repeat of SG-1 whole Vala story and Danie's wife, *forgot her name, sorry*....which is what it would sound like to me if this is all about Michael and the Wraith.

How unoriginal would that be? I'll give the writers more credit than that...

I just hope that this will be meaningful and bring forth character development for Teyla.

Hmmm, I didn't think about the Vala or the Sha're pregancy arcs. I thought Sha're's arc was well-done, but I haven't seen enough of Vala's to weigh in yet (I've only see a few Season 10 episodes, so far). I also see enough differences in Sha're and Vala's situations that I don't mind the similar beginnings for each story arc.

I hope they try to keep Teyla's situation unique, especially since it occurs so close to Vala's situation. I think the key to whether this will work or not will be tight writing and attention to detail. I want TPTB to use info we already have (about Teyla, Athosians, SGA, etc.), as well as give us new info (about Teyla, Athosians, SGA, etc.).

I want TPTB to treat this season as if it'll be the last (after last week's ratings, this shouldn't be too hard :( ) and pull out all the stops. I want them to take chances and make it interesting and gritty.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I want them to take chances and make it interesting and gritty.

Interesting and gritty - GOOD

Pregnancy - BAD! :(

Ok.....sorry guys....give me a little bit here... I just found this out. My lunch break's about over, so hopefully I will have calmed down by the time I get home tonight.

:(

Commander Ivanova
April 25th, 2007, 10:08 AM

My very thoughts. Already been there, done that with Vala and I wasn't too impressed.

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
That was on a different show.

Celcool
April 25th, 2007, 10:14 AM

OK...I am stunned. I just read this..... and all my excitement for Season 4 just went right down the drain. I've been worried, sure, but a lot of the episode spoilers coming out looked really interesting, so I was starting to get pumped up for it.....

I feel like screaming! How can they do this? Just no no no no 1000x NO! I was so excited about Teyla's arc this year. I hoped we'd get to see her as a warrior and a leader. But pregnant? Just....so very no. *crying inside* If it's a wraith baby, then that has already been done so many times....they just did it with Vala! If it's Sheppard's.....oh ..... I don't even want to go there. That would be even worse.

Wow. And just when I thought it was safe to start getting excited about Season 4. :( :(

EDIT: Reading up through here, it seems like there are some people excited about the idea. I'm not attacking you all - I guess I'm glad someone's excited. I just feel like crying right now. :( But this was not an attack on differing opinions.
Those are my feelings on the subject except that I actually never was excited about S4. ;) None of the spoilers I read so far impressed me one bit...

Pregnancy on Atlantis? Wonder who thought of that...Mallozzi?

Edit: Will she actually give birth? lol

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Ok.....sorry guys....give me a little bit here... I just found this out. My lunch break's about over, so hopefully I will have calmed down by the time I get home tonight.

:(

Hey, don't feel that you have to try to like this storyline. If you still hate it tomorrow, that's okay. I'll be the first to admit that it could sink like a box of rocks because in order to make it work, TPTB will have to be very careful with plotting and characterization and, unfortunately, their track record with SGA hasn't been too good.

I'm thinking that Teyla will be made pregnant based on something related to Michael and the potential been-there-done-that cheese factor is high. So, right now, I'm interested enough to give it a chance, but realistic enough to know that it could fall short.

The way I see it, I made it through Season 2 (with its boring previews and mostly lackluster episodes) so I'm sure that I'll make it through Season 4.

FoolishPleasure
April 25th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Those are my feelings on the subject except that I actually never was excited about S4. ;) None of the spoilers I read so far impressed me one bit...

Pregnancy on Atlantis? Wonder who thought of that...Mallozzi?

When I heard Teyla was going to finally get the attention she deserved, I thought we would finally learn about her culture, her family, and her abilities as a leader.

Alas, it seems we are just putting her in more "Mary Sue" situations. Hopefully it will end up better than it seems.

Diesel Vanilla
April 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
If it is indeed Teyla who is preggers... and I guess this is all still speculation... um, I'd actually find that concept quite interesting... especially if Michael is involved for some reason. Whoever said you can't be a 'warrior mom' (ok, horrible term!)... in fact surely it could provide her with a storyline which could show more of her indomitable warrior spirit? Depends how they write it of course. ;)

FoolishPleasure
April 25th, 2007, 11:21 AM
The "Father of Teyla's Baby" possibilities:

Sheppard
McKay
Beckett (in ascended form)
Lorne
Zelenka
Chuck the Technician
Elizabeth Weir :eek:
Kolya (he isn't really dead ;) )
Lucius (even money)
Jinto (they grow up SO fast!)
Super Ford
Michael
Some Other Weird Alien
Mark Stern (Hell-spawn)
Joe Mallozzi

*runs away very, very fast* :D

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Lucius. Brilliant.

ToasterOnFire
April 25th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Oh man, I love me some Teyla but I am highly wary of a pregnancy storyline. :teyla30: Maybe TPTB can pull something out of a hat and write it with the intelligence and sensitivity it demands, but I wasn't all that impressed with the Vala/Adria storyline...

Buba uognarf
April 25th, 2007, 11:31 AM
lucious lool!!!! :D he's so damn irresistable

Diesel Vanilla
April 25th, 2007, 11:32 AM
LOL FoolishPleasure ;)

Perhaps she's gonna 're-birth' Beckett? *searches for 'How Will He Return Thread'* ;)

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
It's not the characterization that I was hoping for my favorite SGA character, but like Maxbo wrote, if it's well written, it can happen. Someone in the Teyla thread just wrote that Teyla would look very cute and very protective mom....and that is so right....she can certainly kick some major butts if she felt that her child is threatened.

I think if it's the Michael story, although certainly interesting and angsty, I don't see it as being any different than that of Vala and Sha're....*thanks Maxbo* It's a woman being used by the enemy to carry their ultimate weapon!

BLAH!

However, the side effects and the way the team handles it could be well thought out and present interesting arcs and team angst.

I still don't think that's the direction their going...if Teyla was empregnated by a Wraith child, I would imagine that she wouldn't want to stay in Atlantis or at the very least if she was aware to be carrying a child that is created purely for destruction of her own, she would advise the team somehow...
It just doesn't add up that Teyla would keep such a thing quiet....but then again, she kept the whole Ronon thing in Trinity quiet...and she symphasized with Michael in Vengeance...what if Michael empregnated her in Vengeance when he captured her?

He did make it easy for them to find her and JM did say that there would be a clue in the latter half of Season 3 for one of the plots in Season 4..right?

Jeepers....

majortrip
April 25th, 2007, 11:41 AM
LOL FoolishPleasure ;)

Perhaps she's gonna 're-birth' Beckett? *searches for 'How Will He Return Thread'* ;)

Oh, that'd be a trip!

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 11:42 AM
That was on a different show.

Totally agree. What has already happened in SG-1 has nothing to do with Atlantis.
If we're gonna go into what storylines have been done before then basically in every sci-fi show ever invented there has been some sort of weird pregnantcy storyline. Not to mention all the other stories that get repeated.

When I heard Teyla was going to finally get the attention she deserved, I thought we would finally learn about her culture, her family, and her abilities as a leader.

Alas, it seems we are just putting her in more "Mary Sue" situations. Hopefully it will end up better than it seems.

I agree with you there. I thought we would get to see more of that too. Alas, like you said, just another mary-sue situation for Teyla. That is half the reason I have never been able to get into her character. Too much like a cliche.

Hopefully it will be good. The only way I can see myself really enjoying this arc though is if it has something to do with Michael (a character I absolutely love). So, that is why I am hoping for that.

I wish Teyla had been given a story arc that evolves her as a character, but it seems everytime she does get something interesting to do it is always linked to someone else. They say this is Teyla's story arc, but really it's not her alone. It's a story arc based inside her and not actually about her as a character. Teyla seems like she's going to turn into a plot point in this story instead of it being about her character development.

Oh well. I will see how it goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Michael though. Anything else...well I don't know.

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 11:46 AM
LOL FoolishPleasure ;)

My sister had this theory. She wants it to be Carson's child...some sort of spirit child or some weird theory she had. (shes a big Carson/Teyla shipper). I'll try and persuade her to type the theory up and then I'll post it ;)

what if Michael empregnated her in Vengeance when he captured her?

He did make it easy for them to find her and JM did say that there would be a clue in the latter half of Season 3 for one of the plots in Season 4..right?

Jeepers....

I had that thought a few minutes ago. I was trying to think about when Michael would have empregnated her and then I thought: what about when she was unconscious in Vengeance.
So maybe that is clue.

Suzotchka
April 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Totally agree. What has already happened in SG-1 has nothing to do with Atlantis.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. For me, Atlantis is slowly being taken over by SG-1. Not only in characters but in plots.

But that's another topic for another thread.

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Okay folks, please explain how a pregnancy that Teyla wants to hide is Mary Sueish because I'm not getting it. Or, perhaps I should ask what's your definition of a Mary Sue?

Also, why have you reached the conclusion that we won't find out anything about Teyla's background? If you've heard additional spoilers then please share.

female Wraith
April 25th, 2007, 11:59 AM
If Michael has impregnated Teyla - he must be done it REALLY fast:) - why he let the bug to feed on Teyla?!

My speculation is that in one of the episodes in the first half of Season 4 - before the Seer - Teyla is captured by Michael and things happen.....While searching for her lost Atosians in Missing she is captured.....and who knows what is Michael has in mind for Teyla.

ForeverSg1
April 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM
The Ep sounds good but, once again, think the spoilers give too much away, if it had only included Davros coming to the city that would be fine but the whole Teyla's pregnancy (and to a lesser extent the Asurans) was too much information

Well the problem with spoilers is that most fan sites get their information from casting sides which are basically what an casting agent gives to their clients who wish to audition for a part. So basically it's just a small section of the actual script. I think TPTB would prefer that this information didn't get out to the general public, but I think it would be very hard to prevent fans from acquiring them. The big issue arises when one fan site wants to get the heads up on another and they post the information for all to see, which tends to irritate fans who wanted to remain spoiler free and stumble across the spoiler. At least Stargate is smart about it and only releases a small part of the actual script. I recently read a casting side for a House episode and it was the entire episode --word for word. I have to admit, it was a great script. I can't wait to see it air. :)

FoolishPleasure
April 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Okay folks, please explain how a pregnancy that Teyla wants to hide is Mary Sueish because I'm not getting it. Or, perhaps I should ask what's your definition of a Mary Sue?

Also, why have you reached the conclusion that we won't find out anything about Teyla's background? If you've heard additional spoilers then please share.

Teyla spent a lot of time needing to be rescued in season 3, and having her pregnant just opens the door to more of the same MarySue (beautiful girl in danger) situations instead of really doing some interesting character development with her. As someone on LJ just said this afternoon - this situation makes what is going on "inside" her the main story, instead of making HER become the interesting focal point.

Maybe getting a girl pregnant in a mysterious way and having viewers wonder who daddy is over several episodes, is JM's idea of terrific character development. :mckay:

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I can't see it being Carson at all....but anything is possible!

I'd like to think that this will develop her character, remember that her people are still missing and she is not going to let a simple pregnancy get in her way....many things can be explored here..if this is a "Wraith child" we can learn more about the Wraith's weakness which is certainly something that JM has brought up in his comments. What if this somehow unites the Wraith and the Lantians....I can see them celebrating already...pairings galore!

In addition, has anyone thought that this might be something brought about by the Ancients?

Maybe the Ancients are using Teyla for an experiment of some sort....I think I've read too many fics on this matter but what about a Wraith/Ancient baby....and what about this new race? Is the new race the ones that John is going to encounter in Travellers?

Hmmm.....again, this can work...like Maxbo wrote...very well thought out characterization and plot..

OY! That's a mouthful!

Here's another thought, do you think that considering the situation Teyla would get a desk job? How about leader of Atlantis?
I'm fishing here I know it, bare with me!

Isn't Carter going to be coming back and forth, isn't she running a ship of some sort? So, whose really going to run Atlantis in her absence and in Weir's abscence? Radik?

*please hold the tomatoes*

EDITED": totally forgot about the Assurians plot in all of this....DANG, this is complicated...

Hell I"m excited about it, now!

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Teyla spent a lot of time needing to be rescued in season 3, and having her pregnant just opens the door to more of the same MarySue (beautiful girl in danger) situations instead of really doing some interesting character development with her. As someone on LJ just said this afternoon - this situation makes what is going on "inside" her the main story, instead of making HER become the interesting focal point.

Maybe getting a girl pregnant in a mysterious way and having viewers wonder who daddy is over several episodes, is JM's idea of terrific character development. :mckay:
Teyla's role has never been Mary Sue....on the contrary...

Weir has been captured, Shep has been captured, Ronon and Rodney.....Ford....they've all had their angsty moments...so then those should be considered Mary Sue as well?

Nope, all of the situations in which Teyla has been captured have been legitimate and well thought out......they are connected to the same idea just like John has been linked to Koyla and as someone pointed out here, Weir with the Assurians..

I"m hoping that this is a new way of bringing something unique and different in the spotlight...I don't recall pregnancy being an issue for Aeryn in Farscape and it worked beautifully...course, never saw the show myself, but I read about it all the time in this fandom and comparing it to some similar stories and plots...

I think the writers are capable of making this work....*crosses fingers*

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM

no one is saying anything for sure. This is a discussion thread. We are all merely discussing the possibilities for what might happen. No one has reached conclusions about anything. As far as I can tell we are all just sharing different ideas and coming up with possible things that could happen. I don't think anyone has come to a full blown conclusion of what they definitely think will happen. I certainly haven't.

That's exactly what I just said in a couple of posts above. Glad I'm not the only one thinking it.
I expect we will get a lot of character development along the way...or at least I hope so. Otherwise, like I also said above, Teyla isn't being developed at all and she will just end up being used like a carefully crafted plot point. An incubator for 1000 little plot bunnies to go skipping around the pegasus galaxy spreading angst and turmoil everywhere...hmmm...maybe that's not such a bad thing really.
But I really would want to see some development as well as the whole pregnancy by wraith super baby storyline (if that is what happens)

edit: plus I'd rather have this baby be to do with some dark, evil, and controversial circumstances. I just see a happy little mother and baby situation on Atlantis as being a complete waste of time. That's just my personal opinion really and it applies to all sci-fi shows in general. I just don't like it. I don't mind if things are resolved eventually, but I don't want this baby to arrive under perfect circumstances. I want controvercy.

...because I'm such a happy person ;)

lirenel
April 25th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe it's as simple as Teyla is pregnant and doesn't want anyone to find out because she wants to stay on the team as long as possible (to search for her people?) or she's pregnant with McKay's baby and she doesn't want everyone to die from shock

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Ahhh, I see, the "girl in danger" thing. Teyla didn't spent a lot of time being rescued, it's just that those episodes where just she needed help (The Ark and Vengeance) were too close together in the latter part of the season. Another problem is that those episodes were too close to the episodes where she got hurt (Phantoms, Echos, Submersion, Sunday).

Taken individually, there was nothing weak about Teyla needing help and/or getting hurt. Although I would rather that TPTB had mixed things up a bit, I didn't see Teyla as a "girl in danger" throughout Season 4 - after all, she was barely seen during the 1st half of the season. And, she wasn't shown as the stereotypical whiny female in those hurt and/or rescue episodes. Where possible, she was willing to do what she could to get the job done.

I'll admit that I'm concerned about how TPTB will handle this pregnancy, but I'm still willing to see it before declaring that it'll suck. So far, Season 2 holds the record for the worst spoilers (that then turned into lousy episodes), so the fact that I find Season 4 episodes interesting is a step up.

I'm hoping that between this episode and Missing that we'll get interesting Teyla background. We'll see what I think after I Season 4 airs.

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Maybe it's as simple as Teyla is pregnant and doesn't want anyone to find out because she wants to stay on the team as long as possible (to search for her people?) or she's pregnant with McKay's baby and she doesn't want everyone to die from shock

Interesting point :)
I did wonder what would happen when her team find out. Obviously I can see them being very protective of wanting to keep her out of danger and may even want to stop her going on missions. Keeping it a secret will allow her to keep searching for her people.

Also though the keeping it a secret thing does squash the fact that the baby could be: Shep's, Ronon's, *insert random Atlantis based Teyla ship here* because I can never see her keeping that type of thing a secret from them. Teyla has a lot of respect and loyalty. She would never hide something like that from them if one of them was the father.

Which leads me back to this pregnancy having a much darker and more peril filled circumstance.

nebulan
April 25th, 2007, 01:27 PM
ok, I tried to read through this thread and I didn't see anyone suggest it yet... what if this line from Joe's poem:

One of our own the enemy courts.
is related to Teyla's pregnancy?

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 01:31 PM
no one is saying anything for sure. This is a discussion thread. We are all merely discussing the possibilities for what might happen. No one has reached conclusions about anything. As far as I can tell we are all just sharing different ideas and coming up with possible things that could happen. I don't think anyone has come to a full blown conclusion of what they definitely think will happen. I certainly haven't.

Exactly, this is a discussion thread, which is why I'm discussing in it. I asked the question because I want to know the reasons for your views. I'm also wondering why you think this may be a fully human baby. TPTB said Season 4 would be dark and a human baby doesn't qualify as dark, IMO. I also don't see SGA becoming a nursery so it never dawned on me that the baby could be fully human.

Based on the spoilers, I see this as a dark, gritty episode and I hope TPTB do it justice.

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Maybe it's as simple as Teyla is pregnant [snip] with McKay's baby and she doesn't want everyone to die from shock

:lol: Okay, I want dark and gritty, but I would pay to see this because it would be hilarious.

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 01:41 PM
And then Katie goes DARK! LOL

she is expected to return!

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Exactly, this is a discussion thread, which is why I'm discussing in it. I asked the question because I want to know the reasons for your views. I'm also wondering why you think this may be a fully human baby. TPTB said Season 4 would be dark and a human baby doesn't qualify as dark, IMO. I also don't see SGA becoming a nursery so it never dawned on me that the baby could be fully human.

Based on the spoilers, I see this as a dark, gritty episode and I hope TPTB do it justice.

...erm..i don't know where you got it from that I want it to be a human baby. I'm hoping for completely the opposite ;) I want mutant wraith DNA baby/bug whatever thing as a result of one of Michael's crazy experiments.

...but ya know, even if it is a mutant wraith bug baby, I will still love it and protect it and care for it with all my heart and life ;) :P

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Quick question: didn't JM say on his blog we were going to learn how the Wraith reproduce? I wonder if Teyla's pregnancy has anything to do with it?

I think that's the most plausible possibility.

And the most acceptable. :p

As long as the father is not a member of the Atlantis expedition, and as long as they don't MiracleGrow the kid, this storyline is relatively doable.

LadyBozi
April 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Who ever said on Wikipedia it said it was Sheppard..well.. a couple of weeks back--it said that Teyla was going to give birth to Wraith hybrid babies. so dont belive everything you read! Lol

I always thought of "Enemy courts one of our own" line was refering to Teyla and Micheal.

In the last episode...Micheal was trying to create super Wraith. What if he wanted another experiment. While Teyla was passed out--we managed to get some Wraith into her. *erm* and--this is the outcome.

I think that its pathetic that GETTING HER PREGNANT Was the only reason way that they could liven up her character. Kinda messed up actually.lol...

Would have been cooler if they got RONON pregnant with Wraith hybrid babies.... imo lol

Puzzle--- TEYLA/WRAITH QUEEN=OTP lmao.

sueKay
April 25th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Teyla - pregnant with possibly a Wraith baby? IT'S V ALL OVER AGAIN LOL!!

(if you don't know what V is...where have you all been lol :D google 'V the mini series':))

Here's what I think:

Michael's been holding the real Beckett hostage for sometime and it was his clone that died.

Now, either Michael's taken DNA from Beckett and one of the bugs to impregnate Teyla, or Teyla and Carson share some time together *cough* before she is sworn to secrecy by Carson, and therefore cannot tell anyone...

Or...because the Athosians have been separate from the Tauri for millions of years...maybe their pregnancies are different, and that new marine' got lucky :P :D

Platschu
April 25th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Great spoilers. Will the Wraith return from Common Ground? :D

But who can be the father?
1.) - Ronon or John?
I think she won't begin a relationship with them after 2-3 year. I support the Ronon/Teyla ship and I would like to see marry them. :)

2.) - Michael

Here is my theory for season 4:
It can be a very dark arc. Michael will be the father of Teyla's baby, so he/she will be a Wraith-human hibrid child too. But! Teyla also have Wriath genes, because she is not an avarage women, so maybe the pregnancy will be very different. I think Teyla will change into a half-Wraith as Michael and she will discover new Wraith skills because of the Wraith child. The members of the expedition will fear and hate her. Teyla had feeling for Ronon, but the weaponmaster despise her because of the child. So she would like to leave and she will settle down on a secret planet, but Michael will follow and find her to make the pregnant Teyla be a new Hive Queen, where are the bugpeople their slaves. Teyla will be also a prisoner and she can't escape without Sheppard's team, but they don't know what happened with her. Teyla and Michael are the new contacts between the Wraith and human, but they will became enemies again. Teyla wants peace, Michael wants chaos and destruction. I fear Teyla's child will die and won't ever birth, so nobody can say that the pregnancy storyline is similar to Sha're's or Vala's. Teyla will change back into human after the death of the child and she will forgive Ronon his angry. Teyla's tragic fate will be a new oppurtinity to make peace with some Wraith groups, who will be new allies againt Michael and his monsters.

LadyBozi
April 25th, 2007, 02:47 PM
awww Platschu--that would be cool, actually hehe =] I wouldnt mind if it happened at all like that.. even the marrying thing! LMAO... But I doubt that would happen. Its too fanfic. =/

sexy_penguin
April 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Teyla - pregnant with possibly a Wraith baby? IT'S V ALL OVER AGAIN LOL!!

(if you don't know what V is...where have you all been lol :D google 'V the mini series':))

Here's what I think:

Michael's been holding the real Beckett hostage for sometime and it was his clone that died.

Now, either Michael's taken DNA from Beckett and one of the bugs to impregnate Teyla, or Teyla and Carson share some time together *cough* before she is sworn to secrecy by Carson, and therefore cannot tell anyone...

Or...because the Athosians have been separate from the Tauri for millions of years...maybe their pregnancies are different, and that new marine' got lucky :P :D

Don't be daft SueKay, everyone knows that Teyla is "pure" and that it only took Sheppard to touch her for her to get knocked up with his babiez.. (because there will have to be more than one dammit!)

Either that or it was Carson

sexy_penguin
April 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM

Jings! I hope PTBs never want to develop my character!!

sexy_penguin
April 25th, 2007, 02:54 PM

Personally I would totally LOVE this. I love the idea of McTeyla.. oh yeah.

Platschu
April 25th, 2007, 02:57 PM
LadyBozi: Thanks. :o

What about Davos? I hope Carter will mention Jonas! He was able to see the future in 6x21 Prophecy, so Carter has experiences. ;)

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Mmmm... McTeyla... :teylaanime03: :mckayanime03:

:P

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I can't wait to heat the pitter patter of a baby Lavin :D

Agent_Dark
April 25th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I want to know what the 'fate of the Galaxy is in Atlantis' hands' means :O

jenks
April 25th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I hope it isn't talking about the defeat of the Wraith :(

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Hey, don't feel that you have to try to like this storyline. If you still hate it tomorrow, that's okay. I'll be the first to admit that it could sink like a box of rocks because in order to make it work, TPTB will have to be very careful with plotting and characterization and, unfortunately, their track record with SGA hasn't been too good.

Thanks, I appreciate the understanding. :) I'm calmer now, but still pretty depressed. I guess I just wanted something different for Teyla this year. Being pregnant, especially if it was something that was forced on her, puts her in a more passive victim role. I wanted a stronger role for Teyla. Guess I should have known better than to get my hopes up. :P

I'm thinking that Teyla will be made pregnant based on something related to Michael and the potential been-there-done-that cheese factor is high. So, right now, I'm interested enough to give it a chance, but realistic enough to know that it could fall short.

The way I see it, I made it through Season 2 (with its boring previews and mostly lackluster episodes) so I'm sure that I'll make it through Season 4.

Yeah, but more and more the question is becoming - "Do I want to?" I finally came to terms with Carter coming over, although that took awhile. I was really starting to get excited again with all the new episode spoilers. Now this one has shot me right back down. I've seen the pregnancy storyline done on a lot of shows - I can't even remember them all right now. And I can't think of one right now that I really liked it on. Even on Farscape, with its usual madcap treatment, I was pretty ho hum about it. And I've been suffering through a horrible pregnancy storyline on Smallville this season. Is it a monster? A mutant? Does it even exist? Gahhhh.

(Yes, I watch Smallville. No, I'm not a teenager. What can I say, Tom Welling is a gorgeous man. :D)

As long as the father is not a member of the Atlantis expedition, and as long as they don't MiracleGrow the kid, this storyline is relatively doable.

I completely agree with you. As much as I don't like the Michael wraith baby storyline, having the father be from the Atlantis expedition would be even worse.

I'm guessing somehow the baby probably threatens Teyla's life somewhere along the way, as in - having the baby would kill her. But...who knows? Obviously not me! :S

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm guessing somehow the baby probably threatens Teyla's life somewhere along the way, as in - having the baby would kill her. But...who knows? Obviously not me! :D

First things first... I agree about Tom Welling. In spades. ;)

Second, I'm with AD re: the "fate of the galaxy is in Atlantis' hands" bit.

Third, I think this has been done before, but what if the baby can sort of control Teyla? I'm really not sure how I feel about that scenario, but if the child suddenly becomes, I dunno, cognizant of its biology and affects Teyla's behavior, that would explain why she goes dark. And it could also tie into your theory about how it could threaten Teyla's life.

Phew. This is nuts. It's gonna be a long six months. :|

Oh, one more thing. For those who want to know the full scoop on spoilers before or around the same time as Stargate Solutions and Gateworld, you can purchase the PDF downloads of episode sides by going to:

Showfax.com --> Sides --> Los Angeles/Vancouver --> Episodics

The prices vary depending on how many guest characters are posted, and how many pages each side contains. This particular one is $5 and is 5 pages. It might not be worth it for some, but if you're a spoiler whore like me, sometimes a couple bucks here and there isn't so bad. :) There's also a yearly subscription that can give you unlimited access to all of the sides you want (they're also available for the film), but that was kinda steep for me.

If you have a favorite character you're willing to shell out the cash for, it helps to know whether or not that character will have any interaction with the guest character in question BEFORE you purchase the download. Otherwise, you might end up with a couple of pages about a part of the episode you don't really care about. :)

sexy_penguin
April 25th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Mmmm... McTeyla... :teylaanime03: :mckayanime03:

:P

Seriously.. McTeyla would be the only thing that would get me watching Atlantis.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 03:48 PM
First things first... I agree about Tom Welling. In spades. ;)

Glad to see we agree about the important things. ;)

Third, I think this has been done before, but what if the baby can sort of control Teyla? I'm really not sure how I feel about that scenario, but if the child suddenly becomes, I dunno, cognizant of its biology and affects Teyla's behavior, that would explain why she goes dark. And it could also tie into your theory about how it could threaten Teyla's life.

Yeah, that would make sense. I was more thinking that it would sap the life from her as it grew, something like that. But I like your theory - it would explain the "dark turn" referred to in Joe's poem. Plus, it has the added advantage of not making Teyla seem like such a helpless victim.

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I'm still really weary of this whole thing. But as long as Teyla doesn't become a damsel, I'll reserve judgment until the eps air.

Jodi518
April 25th, 2007, 04:18 PM
We don't know what to suspect w/ this new information, but don't always assume the worst because it could be an amazing storyline...its still to early to tell just by on spoiler. I personally won't know how i feel about it until i see the entire 4th season. I going see the positive side of the story and i actually really looking forward to see what happens.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I'm still really weary of this whole thing. But as long as Teyla doesn't become a damsel, I'll reserve judgment until the eps air.

LOL. For some reason that reminded me of this bit of dialogue from Buffy:

BUFFY: What are you doing here?
ANGEL: Not saving the damsel in distress, that's for sure.
BUFFY: Oh, you know me. (picks up scythe) Not much with the damseling

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 04:39 PM
We don't know what to suspect w/ this new information, but don't always assume the worst because it could be an amazing storyline...its still to early to tell just by on spoiler. I personally won't know how i feel about it until i see the entire 4th season. I going see the positive side of the story and i actually really looking forward to see what happens.

I totally agree that it's best to reserve judgment until the eps actually air. But that's not going to stop some people from going with their knee-jerk, gut reactions to some news. :)

any_gopher
April 25th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I just read the summary posted on the main page... I am very excited for season 4 :sheppard: !

Annie Sheppard
April 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM
wow... oh god... some people made good points... some funny points and some... just hilarious... LOL

okay so.. Teyla, pregnant, hybrid baby...

who's the father... the list was pretty interesting Foolish Pleasure [correct me if I'm wrong]....

wow that's a spoiler! I really don't know whay to think about it now... I guess I'm too shocked. After so many years SG1 and Atlantis now it's really hard for me to believe that TPTB can make it a brilliant, best storyline ever... I'm more for the biggest mistake ever...

maybe it's just because I'm afraid that her character, if it'll be a mistake, joins the 'save Weir and Beckett club'. I've hoped for a development of her character but how want they make it if she will be pregnant. No fights, no off world, no nothing... desk job... LOL....

now who's the lucky daddy?? Sheppard... hmm... I don't know I guess small chances since it's suppouse to be a hybrid human/wraith child... or am I wrong informed and it wil be a human/ancients/wraith child... then Shep's chances are bigger.. LOL...

I think that it would be very interesting if it has something to do with Michael. After what they did to him in the last year it could be some kind of revenge and as we know that he's one of the smarter wraiths then who knows... it's possible. Next thing is what will they want to do with the baby... There're always two ways. If she decide to have it then will they accept it like they accepted Teyla with her wraith genes? I wonder what will be so special in this baby? Teyla is half human and half wraith too... okay maybe not 50-50, but still wraith... maybe it will be the first step toward bringing some kind of 'peace' in the Peggy Galaxy?? *scratches head*

All I want is that Teylas character really gets a good story where we will see and learn new things about her, her people, the people from Atlantis and how will the baby affect all of this? What will they do? What will she do...??...

I guess all we can do is just to wait for the epi... ;)

Exiled Master
April 25th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Normally, I'm not the type to say this, but Jesus Tapdancing Christ on Crutches I know that doesn't make sense, but it's a miracle! Just like :teyla: being pregnant!
In a related story, I have felt a disturbance in the Force; as if thousands of shippers cried out in victory and quickly set about righting fanfics to explain this new development.
My money is on :sheppard:

Willow'sCat
April 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Well I think all roads lead to McKay. LOL!

In Sunday Telya is talking about being interested in someone she knows well; but they would never make the first move *sounds like McKay to me* and the "complication" McKay is with Katie Brown (apparently not all the time :D) and McKay is the one in the ep that gets to see "visions" of his (and no doubt Atlantis's future) but miss-understands them.

I guess for this to work in SGA for me it would only work if it was McKay, everything else seems to either buy into the "ship" wars which we really do not need (am I right?) or into the whole Wraith thing which really is too much like Vala and the Ori for my liking. I admit Michael is an interesting proposition, if only because I want to see more of CT.:D

The only other thing may well be her people... maybe she visited them before this happened (and something happened) which is one of the main reason's she is wanting to find them again.

The thought however of her keeping the baby or losing it or losing it in the sense that it is taken or removed leaves me cold. I don't like kids on shows, even kids on kids shows annoy :D and I don't like the idea of sweeping a miscarriage under the scifi carpet, and I don't like the idea of her being the type to knowingly abandon her child *even for its own good* and I hate the idea of this being turned into some kind of emotional "arc" for her as she tries to track down her child!!!

*sigh*

We will see. *no pun* :D

nebulan
April 25th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Ok... I thought Michael was the father... but with the new article posted by gateworld, it says "with the help of a certain wraith"... I could only assume it's michael, but if it's such a mystery who the father is, why have michael show up in the same episode?

I think the complication is simply that her Sunday crush is not the father, lol! Anyway, my hope is that the line in Joe's poem about The enemy Courting someone means that Teyla and Michael hooked up :P

Wraith_Boy
April 25th, 2007, 06:00 PM
The thought however of her keeping the baby or losing it or losing it in the sense that it is taken or removed leaves me cold. I don't like kids on shows, even kids on kids shows annoy :D and I don't like the idea of sweeping a miscarriage under the scifi carpet, and I don't like the idea of her being the type to knowingly abandon her child *even for its own good* and I hate the idea of this being turned into some kind of emotional "arc" for her as she tries to track down her child!!!

*sigh*

We will see. *no pun* :D

Maybe it's a Wraithseis or Wraithci! :D

A child born of two parents with Wraith DNA has all the power & knowledge of the Wraith & will one day bring balance to the force of Pegasus.

prion
April 25th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Must admit when I read the spoilers I wasn't too thrilled. Okay here's one worst case scenario:

Teyla has the kid, who grows into a beautiful adult female child capable of cruelty and evil (you might think Adria from SG1, but the idea was ripped off V: Visitors, an old NBC series, except in that case, the kid was nice)

If they run this pregnancy for more than a few episodes, it pulls Teyla out of the field, I would think. Well, that is, if she tells them, unless she gets injured and the doc finds out and then would be behooven to inform someone as that's the way it works in the military, correct?

But yeah, i'd rather learn about her as a leader, about the Athosian culture, too...

Wraith_Boy
April 25th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Ok... I thought Michael was the father... but with the new article posted by gateworld, it says "with the help of a certain wraith"... I could only assume it's michael, but if it's such a mystery who the father is, why have michael show up in the same episode?

I think the complication is simply that her Sunday crush is not the father, lol! Anyway, my hope is that the line in Joe's poem about The enemy Courting someone means that Teyla and Michael hooked up :P

I seriously doubt that Michael will be showing up in this ep to help them out!

More likely it'll be a new Wraith they met in one of the earlier episodes, or it's the 1st time they've come across him, so he doesn't have a name as yet. Perhaps it's even the one from 'Common Ground'. I certainly don't imagine they'd work with Michael after what he did in 'Vengeance'.

He may be the father though, she was out for a while, so had time to do his dirty deeds. Although if he was trying to make her pregnant, then why release the bug thing that would have almost certainly killed her had she not been rescued.

Perhaps the father is a Marine or whatever that hasn't been seen up till now, rather than the usual suspects like Ronon or Shep.

Maybe it's even Beckett & that's why he's being brought back, to face his fatherhood responsibilities! :D

Looks like McKay is screwing up again big time, nice to see some things never change!

any_gopher
April 25th, 2007, 06:22 PM

I figure the "certain wraith" they get help from is the one from Common Ground. I think JM has hinted at this in his blog.

SG-17
April 25th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Read.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/04/the_seer_visits_iatlantisi.shtml
And Davos knows more than this. He also knows that Teyla is pregnant.

Who? When? Why? Theories.
Good or Bad for the Show?

Oreo
April 25th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Charater developement on Atlantis?!?!

Wow!!!!

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I figure the "certain wraith" they get help from is the one from Common Ground. I think JM has hinted at this in his blog.

Now that could be interesting. FIrst thought when I head Teyal was pregnant I was thinking "Johns a daddy!" :D Still it sounds like a solid ep.

Willow'sCat
April 25th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Well they are spoilers but whether all spoilers are fact is another thing. ;) I think it may be Wraith as Joe M already said the thing about "Wraith reproduction" but how they explain Teyla keeping such a child? Or how it came about with her consent? Without her consent? Got me. :cool:

And really Vala/Ori is all anyone (with a passing interest in SG-1) will be thinking. :rolleyes:

SG-17
April 25th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Character development on Atlantis!?

This is just something I never would have expected on Atlantis

Oreo
April 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
This is just something I never would have expected on Atlantis

After the SG-1 pilot the team felt like a team. Three seasons later and the team still doesn't have the same feeling as SG-1 did after 2 hours.

Aussie_Fan
April 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Must admit when I read the spoilers I wasn't too thrilled. Okay here's one worst case scenario:

Teyla has the kid, who grows into a beautiful adult female child capable of cruelty and evil (you might think Adria from SG1, but the idea was ripped off V: Visitors, an old NBC series, except in that case, the kid was nice)

If they run this pregnancy for more than a few episodes, it pulls Teyla out of the field, I would think. Well, that is, if she tells them, unless she gets injured and the doc finds out and then would be behooven to inform someone as that's the way it works in the military, correct?

But yeah, i'd rather learn about her as a leader, about the Athosian culture, too...

I wasn't to thrilled either when I read that. But I'm going to wait ever so patiently for the episode to air before judging it in any way, shape or form. As long as we don't get another Adria I'm fine.

For the moment I'm going to assume something happens in a previous S4 episode that hasn't been explained yet.

maxbo
April 25th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Well they are spoilers but whether all spoilers are fact is another thing. ;)

Exactly, there are so many spoilers that some are bound to be completely off the mark. I can't wait to see the episode to see how wrong our speculations are. :D

I think it may be Wraith as Joe M already said the thing about "Wraith reproduction" but how they explain Teyla keeping such a child? Or how it came about with her consent? Without her consent? Got me. :cool:

And really Vala/Ori is all anyone (with a passing interest in SG-1) will be thinking. :rolleyes:

I would be surprised if this *baby* wasn't part Wraith. And, I don't see TPTB writing a child into SGA long-term so Teyla will either not carry this baby to term or she won't be able to raise this *baby* for some reason.

If this "certain Wraith" is the Common Ground Wraith then this could really be interesting.

I really hope TPTB don't screw this up, but there are so many things that could go wrong with this storyline that it's hard not to reserve judgment. Right now, I'm loving the spoilers, but I can't help but wonder how this is going to work out.

Season 4, I'm impatiently waiting for you.

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Exactly, there are so many spoilers that some are bound to be completely off the mark. I can't wait to see the episode to see how wrong our speculations are. :D

I would be surprised if this *baby* wasn't part Wraith. And, I don't see TPTB writing a child into SGA long-term so Teyla will either not carry this baby to term or she won't be able to raise this *baby* for some reason.

If this "certain Wraith" is the Common Ground Wraith then this could really be interesting.

I really hope TPTB don't screw this up, but there are so many things that could go wrong with this storyline that it's hard not to reserve judgment. Right now, I'm loving the spoilers, but I can't help but wonder how this is going to work out.

Season 4, I'm impatiently waiting for you.

Yeah just how often have we been surprised at just how wrong we were?:D
I think we are all impatiently waiting for season 4.

vaberella
April 25th, 2007, 07:33 PM
If Michael is inadvertantly related to this baby being concieved during her time in Vengeance and injected with DNA be it his, wraith or any one elses...I will see this as rape and there is nothing else to it. I adore TPTB, but this one, I can't stand by if this is the case.

If she agreed to it as in it is Carson reaching a "god-like" level of madness we never knew about and he and Teyla agreed to try this out. I would have problems with the ethics but would love the storyline.

But to see Teyla tied down and infected with a parasite in any condition just irks me to no end. It would just really piss me off. Now people may equate John's kiss of Teyla as rape...I do not, a well placed kick to the groin (no matter how strong the man) will bring any man down---and Teyla would know how to protect herself from that. But to be tied down----legs and arms, oy! I can't see this being Teyla/Michael romantically in anyway...and I could really get into that couple. But if Michael did this, I would not feel sorry for him, I'd want him eliminated and I know John, Ronon and Rodney would kill him with their bare hands.

Those boys would hate themselves and will draw and quarter Michael---no if, ands or buts. Plus Teyla would be mentally tortured and emotionally or I would be in her case.

Anyway...I'll wait until I see the ep, but this is almost as squigy as Carson being resurrected. Mainly if this is Michael related...as it seems continously pointed out.

nebulan
April 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM

ooooh cool :) Then my money is back to Michael being the father, lol! But seriously, I don't see why he had to have impregnated her in Vengeance, that doesn't make any sense! I'm still waiting for this "Missing" episode. And who says that there wasn't consent? I'm still hoping that Joe's line in his poem "One of our own the enemy courts." relates to Michael/Teyla :D *dances shippy dance... I'm an odd one, I know :P *

prion
April 25th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Well they are spoilers but whether all spoilers are fact is another thing. ;) I think it may be Wraith as Joe M already said the thing about "Wraith reproduction" but how they explain Teyla keeping such a child? Or how it came about with her consent? Without her consent? Got me. :cool:

If Teyla had a baby, I seriously doubt she'd be traveling off with Shep's team into dire peril. Nope. Would make no sense.

The thing is that if teyla knew hte baby was wraith, would she really want it to come full term? ALas, we know so little about Teyla we don't know what her feelings on that would be, or well, what the Pegasus Galaxy morals are on terminating pregnancies...

i would hope they're not going for that, er, alien immaculate conception stuff they did with vala.....

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Okay I shared this with Maxbo...but I have my doubts about this one too...what if Teyla consented with this, assuming that it's Michael, if it was her only alternative to save her people?

Remember what she said to John in the infirmary in the Ark....she agreed with Janus doing whatever it took to save his people.....how far will Teyla go to save her people?

If Michael wanted to experiment on her people and she chosed to sacrifice herself instead of them, then I could see this as a complicated situation and the reason why she would hide it from her team....but then my thought is why would she go back to Atlantis? unless Michael demanded it from her....and this Ancient Wraith, what if he's behind this with Teyla....or even with John....

I"m telling you, I think we are missing something...either way, I'll write what I wrote in the Teyla thread and in the JT thread..

Rachel is a phenominal actress and she has done so much with Teyla's role with what little has been given to her that I can't wait to see what she will do with this plot. In addition, I don't think she's going to get a desk job...first I don't see Teyla as the damsel in distress even while pregnant, and second, we are expected to see Teyla spar and fight as commented by Mallozzi so, I don't see this as something so cut in stone....

I"m looking forward to season 4....

PG15
April 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM
All I know is Teyla's pregnant; I forbid myself from reading anymore than that. Yes, I forbid it!

Guukhg....must...not...look....

Well...Season 4 is going to be veeeeery interesting.

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 07:46 PM
I totally agree that it's best to reserve judgment until the eps actually air. But that's not going to stop some people from going with their knee-jerk, gut reactions to some news. :)

Was there something wrong with the way I reacted? I'm sorry, but the pregnancy news just hit me hard! :( I guess I'm not sure why expressing how I feel over the news is a problem. But I am sincerely sorry if I offended anyone. :S

monkey_man132
April 25th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Did you read about the certain Wraith helping! The one from "Common Ground" maybe!!!!!!!....or Michael!?!?!? man this seasons sounding better everytime episode details come out. And the wraith manage to freeze the Asurans, most likely thanks to McKay messing with them in first place.LOL. They will probably try to go and grab all their technology for themselves.Also something about wraith hives coming to Atlantis??? Man I'm officially dieing to see season 4 now!

Mister Oragahn
April 25th, 2007, 07:58 PM
The only grand gift i can think of for atlantis at this time, would be a zpm

I agree! Check those spoilers. A bit of transcript from a german Stargate site.

TEYLA: I appreciate your compassion, Davos. That said, about my child... is it a girl or...

DAVOS: A boy?

TEYLA: Yes.

DAVOS: Well. It's... a bit twitchy you know.

TEYLA: Please!

DAVOS: It's a ZPM.

TEYLA: ... (a WTF?! look on her face) *Faints.*

And so the writers managed to create a whole intriguing and suspenseful arc about Teyla. It's the only ZPM the expedition will be able to get, but they have to wait nine months for that.
Will our heroes wait all that long? Will they manage to repel the Wraith until then? Will Teyla actually survive before the ZPM births?
Stay tuned!

nebulan
April 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Oragahn, lol!!! that's great :D

I doubt they will take Teyla off the team. Come on, I'm SURE they can find plenty of babysitters! (Thinks of Chance2's adventures in babysitting stories, lol!) But seriously, I'm sure Keller wouldn't mind gently watching the child and slowly studying a little wraith/human hybrid develop *aww* ^^

all this talk about Teyla, and it's supposed to be a carter centric episode! Oh my, I expect this episode to be PACKED! wraith/asurans etc, I'm excited :D

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Did you read about the certain Wraith helping! The one from "Common Ground" maybe!!!!!!!....or Michael!?!?!? man this seasons sounding better everytime episode details come out. And the wraith manage to freeze the Asurans, most likely thanks to McKay messing with them in first place.LOL. They will probably try to go and grab all their technology for themselves.Also something about wraith hives coming to Atlantis??? Man I'm officially dieing to see season 4 now!

I know the more I read the more I can't wait.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 25th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Shocking news!

Rachael Luttrell might be pregnant

Anonymous #7 writes: “Teyla's pregnant? […] It just proves that if you can't figure out how to develop a female character you off them like you're doing with Elizabeth or you get them pregnant... where have I seen that again? *insert rolling of eyes here*”

Answer: As far as I know, there are three ways in which shows have dealt with pregnancies: 1) They’ve reduced the actress’s onscreen time drastically and ignored the fact by shooting around her, 2) They’ve written the actress out of the show entirely, 3) They’ve supported the actress by writing the pregnancy into the show. If there is a fourth option you have in mind, I’d love to hear it. Maybe a "Teyla has an eating problem" arc?

(Fraiser went with option four when the actress who played Daphne was pregnant)

PG15
April 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Ok ok, wait a minute. We don't know that for sure.

It does look that way though; still, the last thing we need now is another rumor.

monkey_man132
April 25th, 2007, 08:20 PM
I know the more I read the more I can't wait. Yes, I wish i could just go in a stasis pod and wake up on day of season 4 premiere. :)

Mitchell82
April 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yes, I wish i could just go in a stasis pod and wake up on day of season 4 premiere. :)

Yeah I know, where did I leave mine at? Oh yeah Rodney has it.;) :D

Easter Lily
April 25th, 2007, 08:30 PM
There is no doubt that this recent titbit about Teyla's impending pregnancy is true then?
*sucks in air*
I don't usually participate in speculation threads because I find that they usually hamper my appreciation of the show. But this one was such a doozy that I had to be part of the action.
My initial reaction was not a good one and I suppose with the way things are going lately, the idea could go either way. The cynical side of me thinks it's another publicity bombshell in a line of recent bombshells. The mother in me thinks it could, maybe, quite possibly lead to some exploration of Teyla's maternal instincts. However, since I'm not that confident with the way females are written on the show, I worry.
I suspect that she'll be a mere vessel... I don't think we'll see too much of an emotional arc in this one. It would be nice for them to incorporate a few choice Athosian traditions into it... like what their birthing traditions are. What kind of reaction she'd get from the other Athosians... All the good stuff... :D But that's me being optimistic... extremely optimistic... :D

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 08:33 PM

<snip>

Answer: As far as I know, there are three ways in which shows have dealt with pregnancies: 1) They’ve reduced the actress’s onscreen time drastically and ignored the fact by shooting around her, 2) They’ve written the actress out of the show entirely, 3) They’ve supported the actress by writing the pregnancy into the show. If there is a fourth option you have in mind, I’d love to hear it. Maybe a "Teyla has an eating problem" arc?

Ok ok, wait a minute. We don't know that for sure.

It does look that way though; still, the last thing we need now is another rumor.

*Laughing* Well, I agree we don't have word from the actress's mouth, but....I can't think of another interpretation of Joe's answer. You know, actually, this makes me feel a little better about the pregnancy storyline. I wouldn't want them to write her out, and I know on Numb3rs this season it got absolutely hilarious watching all the different and creative ways they contrived to shoot Diane Farr's scenes so as to not show her pregnancy, especially as it got into the later stages. I think they made the right choice in that situation, not writing her pregnancy into the show, but it was awkward, and if you didn't know that DF was pregnant, you would have really wondered "Wow what is going on with Megan this season?"

I'm still apprehensive, but knowing this was not the original plan makes me feel a little better about things.

monkey_man132
April 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM
I think that the "Seer" is maybe the Ancients giving a human visions to help the Expedition learn of impending Wraith attack? Could the Ancients finally be helping to fight for Atlantis?

the dancer of spaz
April 25th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Was there something wrong with the way I reacted? I'm sorry, but the pregnancy news just hit me hard! :( I guess I'm not sure why expressing how I feel over the news is a problem. But I am sincerely sorry if I offended anyone. :S

Nah, I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you reacted. I'll personally watch an episode, whether I have serious reservations with it or not. And I'll comment on it accordingly. I also respond based on spoilers (The Game's spoilers regarding the blonde guest star had me cringing), so I have no problem with that either.

I simply agree with the concept of reserving judgment. LOL, it in no way means I behave like that!

Now that there's a whole new element to this issue, I guess we can move on - but I just wanted to clear the air and make sure you know that I don't think you did anything wrong. :)

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Nah, I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you reacted. I'll personally watch an episode, whether I have serious reservations with it or not. And I'll comment on it accordingly. I also respond based on spoilers (The Game's spoilers regarding the blonde guest star had me cringing), so I have no problem with that either.

I simply agree with the concept of reserving judgment. LOL, it in no way means I behave like that!

Now that there's a whole new element to this issue, I guess we can move on - but I just wanted to clear the air and make sure you know that I don't think you did anything wrong. :)

Thanks! I do appreciate it. :) I was probably feeling a little overly sensitive *grin*. And yeah, now there's a totally new spin on things..... :D

sparkygate
April 25th, 2007, 08:40 PM
TELYA's PREGNANT??? WHOS THE FATHER?????

personally im shock!! 0.0

vaberella
April 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Okay I shared this with Maxbo...but I have my doubts about this one too...what if Teyla consented with this, assuming that it's Michael, if it was her only alternative to save her people?

Remember what she said to John in the infirmary in the Ark....she agreed with Janus doing whatever it took to save his people.....how far will Teyla go to save her people?

If Michael wanted to experiment on her people and she chosed to sacrifice herself instead of them, then I could see this as a complicated situation and the reason why she would hide it from her team....but then my thought is why would she go back to Atlantis? unless Michael demanded it from her....and this Ancient Wraith, what if he's behind this with Teyla....or even with John....

I"m telling you, I think we are missing something...either way, I'll write what I wrote in the Teyla thread and in the JT thread..

Question...How would Michael know where her people are? And how could she trust Michael's word? She doesn't trust the wraith. Why would she make a deal with a man who's eradicted hundreds of people already, and how would she ensure her people stay safe. She wouldn't be able too. So I can't see her making a deal with so many uncertainties. And from the way it looked...she had no choice, she woke up from unconciousness and was tied down, no deal was struck from what I could see. No deal would be needed to be struck since Michael had all the cards and Teyla had her 3 jokers (said with love ;) ) running away from really massive roaches. :D

That idea doesn't make sense to me.

rosey_angel
April 25th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I know!!! i read this last night and exploded!

how are they gonna do this and NOT have it like vala on sg1?

vaberella
April 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Shocking news!

Anonymous #7 writes: “Teyla's pregnant? […] It just proves that if you can't figure out how to develop a female character you off them like you're doing with Elizabeth or you get them pregnant... where have I seen that again? *insert rolling of eyes here*”

(Fraiser went with option four when the actress who played Daphne was pregnant)

Not that shocking, it seems all the actresses are pregnant. That's the craziness of fandom, I'll wait until confirmation and statements by the actors/writers state this stuff as fact before saying it's true. ~sigh~ I'm waiting until it comes out that Jason Momoa got his period and then I'm leaving fandom. :D

To tell you the truth the statement that gave me a double take was this one, although I'd like to reiterate, "I'm a wait until I hear it from the horses mouth" girl:

parenthood for another,
(Refers to a season four episode. This one was the biggest longshot to come to fruition but we were considering making McKay a daddy. However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season).

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 08:57 PM
I wasn't referring to Vengeance....I was referring to a possible encounter perhaps sometime in the beginning of Season 4 with perhaps a confrontation with Michael...I"m only speculating if this is a Michael thing....Teyla has shown that she would go to the extreme for her people, staying in Atlantis and going even against the wishes of her own people was the first step...In LFP she went against John and was willing to stay and risk her life for Orin and his family. And like I said, in the Ark.without hesitating she agreed to Janus actions and said so to John..she said, he only did what you and I would have done in his situation or something like that....

Again, I"m just fishing here....

PG15
April 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM
There's that, and then there is this:

(Refers to a season four episode. The title pretty much gives it away. Alas, this is one that may not play out as planned as the originally envisioned dark turn arc has been superseded by another necessary arc).

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 09:04 PM
parenthood for another,
(Refers to a season four episode. This one was the biggest longshot to come to fruition but we were considering making McKay a daddy. However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season).

Well, that statement also rules out the possibility of the father being any one of the team members!

Killdeer
April 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM
parenthood for another,

Well, that statement also rules out the possibility of the father being any one of the team members!

That's actually a relief. For me anyway. :D

vaberella
April 25th, 2007, 09:25 PM
I wasn't referring to Vengeance....I was referring to a possible encounter perhaps sometime in the beginning of Season 4 with perhaps a confrontation with Michael...I"m only speculating if this is a Michael thing....Teyla has shown that she would go to the extreme for her people, staying in Atlantis and going even against the wishes of her own people was the first step...In LFP she went against John and was willing to stay and risk her life for Orin and his family. And like I said, in the Ark.without hesitating she agreed to Janus actions and said so to John..she said, he only did what you and I would have done in his situation or something like that....

Again, I"m just fishing here....

I still don't see about him threatening her people. Because the Ancients or pre-Ancients came back and moved the people. How did Michael know where they were? Even if he had ideas of the safe bases. The ancients moved the people from the one safe base on the main land of the planet to another one, that might not have been on the data base. In any event I don't think it happened.

And again I don't think those are strong points because there is too much uncertainty with making a deal with Michael and lastly, Teyla does think that the Atlantis ex coudl take out anyone ,it's just a matter of time. I just don't see her striking any deal with Michael--- Michael is not really deal worthy at any point in time BEFORE Vegeance and after Vegeance it's too uncertain.

There's that, and then there is this:

True. But again, it's just something that gave me a double take. We have not been told and no announcement has been made to say whether RL, TH or Jason Momoa (male pregnancy, wrong in so many ways :( :D)...are expecting. This is entirely run amok by fans all over the place, living on specs. As I've stated in the past, I just think fandom has gone crazy when speculations on the personal life of the stars becomes so interesting. Rather annoying, since nothing has been said to confirm or disprove.

parenthood for another,

Probably, probably not. We'll have to wait and see. JM also said things get cut out all the time and end up on the cutting room floor. We don't know what we'll see until it's on my mini screen in the fall. If people come back from the dead...and they worked that in, then I believe anything can happen or just not happen.

nebulan
April 25th, 2007, 09:41 PM
However, circumstances led us to change this particular storyline as we didn’t want to have two characters facing parenthood in the same season

Michael or not... we definately know who the father is NOT. as camy said, it no one in the team. I'm going to stretch and say no one else on Atlantis either. Now this doesn't rule out Carson but I personally doubt that. Well, of course I doubt that, I'm still for Michael. I HAVE to draw a picture of Teyla with a wraithy baby now, I can't help myself. I'll post it here.

I'm glad it won't be an of the team becuase I personally don't want any ships established so early.

Jeyla4ever
April 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I still don't see about him threatening her people. Because the Ancients or pre-Ancients came back and moved the people. How did Michael know where they were? Even if he had ideas of the safe bases. The ancients moved the people from the one safe base on the main land of the planet to another one, that might not have been on the data base. In any event I don't think it happened.

And again I don't think those are strong points because there is too much uncertainty with making a deal with Michael and lastly, Teyla does think that the Atlantis ex coudl take out anyone ,it's just a matter of time. I just don't see her striking any deal with Michael--- Michael is not really deal worthy at any point in time BEFORE Vegeance and after Vegeance it's too uncertain.

Well, there is little doubt that the Athosians are missing....so someone has gotten to them...and who better than Michael.....then there's the fact that the Assurians were able to get in the data of the Ancients thus they had the location to where the Athosians were sent to...but what do they care about the Athosians?

So, that leaves the Ancients, the Genni's...but again, what do they care to hurt the Athosians....and the only other enemies that we have are the Wraith and the only one that would care to personally attack the Athosians would be Michael...I'm still betting on this to be about Michael now that my entire Evil Sheppie thought went down the drain!

I think desperate times call for desperate measures. Yes I could be totally off....we all could be! ;) but I don't think it's so far fetched to assume that given the fact that in Vengeance Teyla confessed to Rodney that she understood why he did what he did...which was shocking to me and then given the fact that we've seen like I said, The Ark, The Siege, LFP that Teyla is capable of doing anything to save her people and if she was caught between her life and that of her people, why wouldn't she give herself and risk her life even if she didn't trust Michael at the mere chance that it could save them? Isn't that what John did for her in the Ark...took a huge risk knowing the odds of his survival but did it anyways? why isn't Teyla capable of committing the same sacrifice?

All I"m suggesting is that Teyla would do anything for her people....and I think that this is where this pregnancy and this complicated situation might come into play! Who knows the complication could simply be, I'm not in love with the guy!:D

True. But again, it's just something that gave me a double take. We have not been told and no announcement has been made to say whether RL, TH or Jason Momoa (male pregnancy, wrong in so many ways :( :D)...are expecting. This is entirely run amok by fans all over the place, living on specs. As I've stated in the past, I just think fandom has gone crazy when speculations on the personal life of the stars becomes so interesting. Rather annoying, since nothing has been said to confirm or disprove.

I agree, this thread isn't about Rachel or anyone of their personal lives, this is about the episode which btw, someone pointed out is very much a Carter episode and not even a Teyla episode...her arc will be for the entire season...

Probably, probably not. We'll have to wait and see. JM also said things get cut out all the time and end up on the cutting room floor. We don't know what we'll see until it's on my mini screen in the fall. If people come back from the dead...and they worked that in, then I believe anything can happen or just not happen

*sighs* Personally I liked the whole Evil Sheppard plot...I really wanted to see a FACE-OFF with the real Sheppard and the Evil Sheppard on who the "real" *no pun intended* Daddy is....*sighs*

too good to be true! and I really wanted to see a baby sparring and a baby walker and some cool Ancient baby gadgets too!

shucks!

SazZat
April 25th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Wow lots of discussion while I was sleeping.
I'm still firmly behind that Michael has something to do with this. I hope so anyway.
The only other theory I'm toying with is Carson (but I aren't capable of explaining that at 7:45am haha)

So my bet is Michael. It has to be something to do with him.
I'm glad it's no one on Atlantis. I can't be dealing with sickening happy family stories. I prefer mutant wraith baby angst stories ;)

MIZA
April 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM
i definitely agree with you SazZat, that would be terrible having to deal with all that mess of lovey dovey between two main characters,having a wraith baby would keep the story moving and boost ratings, that would be very messed up...... WHO IS WITH ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: however if that is the case the best character relationship would be Shep and Weir, now that what i am talking about , yeah baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:weir: :sheppard:

Wow lots of discussion while I was sleeping.
I'm still firmly behind that Michael has something to do with this. I hope so anyway.
The only other theory I'm toying with is Carson (but I aren't capable of explaining that at 7:45am haha)

So my bet is Michael. It has to be something to do with him.
I'm glad it's no one on Atlantis. I can't be dealing with sickening happy family stories. I prefer mutant wraith baby angst stories ;)

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 01:54 AM
I'm still hoping that Joe's line in his poem "One of our own the enemy courts." relates to Michael/Teyla :D *dances shippy dance... I'm an odd one, I know :P *

All Joe has said about that in his new annotated version of the poem is:

One of our own the enemy courts.
(Refers a season four episode - maybe a little harder to figure out).

The Ancients moved the Athosians to another planet with "their own stargate" and one can confidently assume that the Athosians continued to live, as they always have done, on that planet, using the gate to travel and trade. It wouldn't take long at all for many people to know that the Athosians had a new address. There's no reason why Michael could not have found and targeted the Athosians (maybe kidnapping them for his experiments, as he did the Hoffans?) and I guess being held captive in one of Michael's creepy, bug-infested bases/labs could certainly count as "shrouded in darkness"?

JM also says:

A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.
(Refers to a season four episode. The title pretty much gives it away. Alas, this is one that may not play out as planned as the originally envisioned dark turn arc has been superseded by another necessary arc).

Sounds to me like the pregnancy story arc is kinda replacing, or at least significantly altering, the planned "dark turn" story arc for Teyla.

MechaThor
April 26th, 2007, 03:39 AM
Wow this seems like a massive episode and its nopt even the mid season two parter.
Also loads of spolisers to help fill in the gaps between the episodes we known nothing about yet.

-Teyla's pregnancy! What is it this time? son of the replicators? A new wrath human to lead an army? a rapidly aging super child?
-Teylas people are missing?
-Wrath vs replicators! Something about Mckay undoing something the wrath did to the replicators?
-Richard Woolsey is there???? his a right little space cowboy now!

Wraith Warrior
April 26th, 2007, 04:10 AM
I think it's quite obvious that the evil Sheppard crystal impregnated Teyla during one of his nocturnal visits and his offspring will grow to adult form within a day (ala Flesh and Blood). However, in a shocking turn of events, it turns out that the crystal-being was actually a Replicator!! The RepliSheppard will convince Woolsey into making McKay let him help him put the final touches on the PWARW satellite now orbiting the planet and destroy the Replicators. (ala Prototype). However, an Asuran vessel drops out of hyperspace and RepliSheppard activates it killing Oberoth, all the while making himself immune to the weapon, fighting off Sheppard and Ronon and every SO between McKay's lab and the Gate Room, gates to Asuras and takes up his rightful place as leader of the Pegasus Replicators. (ala Gemini). :jack_new_anime18: :jack_new_anime18: :jack_new_anime18:

vaberella
April 26th, 2007, 04:20 AM
The Ancients moved the Athosians to another planet with "their own stargate" and one can confidently assume that the Athosians continued to live, as they always have done, on that planet, using the gate to travel and trade. It wouldn't take long at all for many people to know that the Athosians had a new address. There's no reason why Michael could not have found and targeted the Athosians (maybe kidnapping them for his experiments, as he did the Hoffans?) and I guess being held captive in one of Michael's creepy, bug-infested bases/labs could certainly count as "shrouded in darkness"?

JM also says:

A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.

Sounds to me like the pregnancy story arc is kinda replacing, or at least significantly altering, the planned "dark turn" story arc for Teyla.

But this is one of my problems Ali. Even if all that is the case Teyla would probably NOT strike a deal. She'd be like I want my people off that damn planet. We have a whole damn city that's not been used and has housed Atlantis before...I have a mad man threatening and eating my people...you have the means and the capability take them out and now. And the city held the athosians before, it could house them for a limited time once again.

And further more at this point Michael has now elimnated the rest of the human population in the PG if there are no precautions...and there is nothing to say they can't limit or close down gate travel on the planet. I don't remember Michael having a ship, all he has is gate travel, that's not to say he doesn't have one laying around. I just remember the cruiser.

I think it's quite obvious that the evil Sheppard crystal impregnated Teyla during one of his noctournal visits. :jack_new_anime04:

Drinking Shweir juice too...huh?! :D *roll the die* "dream sex" any one?! I'll see it to believe it. I thought it was an outlandish and funny, and very silly idea.

In any event, I'm a bit worried about the Michael connection, because all I could see is RAPE in each and every way. If she was not forced in doing this, then that's fine. If she wasn't manipulated and blackmailed (which leads to forced violation of her body) then fine, but if that's not the case (although I think it would lead to an interesting story) I would be disgusted and actually HATE Michael. And Michael is a character I currently love and support. With something like this, I want his character dead and eliminated.

carterrocks
April 26th, 2007, 04:36 AM
OMG! a Sam eppy! i love it, cant wait to watch it! Is this gonna be the 4th eppy?

SAM RULES!:sam: Sanctuary starts 14th may WATCH IT!

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 04:43 AM
But this is one of my problems Ali. Even if all that is the case Teyla would probably NOT strike a deal. She'd be like I want my people off that damn planet. We have a whole damn city that's not been used and has housed Atlantis before...I have a mad man threatening and eating my people...you have the means and the capability take them out and now. And the city held the athosians before, it could house them for a limited time once again.

And further more at this point Michael has now elimnated the rest of the human population in the PG if there are no precautions...and there is nothing to say they can't limit or close down gate travel on the planet. I don't remember Michael having a ship, all he has is gate travel, that's not to say he doesn't have one laying around. I just remember the cruiser.

I'm sorry, you've lost me there. I was replying to your comment that you didn't think the disappearance of Teyla's people was connected to Michael, your contention seeming to be that he would not know where to find them, if I understood your post correctly? I'm not commenting at all on previous posters' suggestions that Michael is connected to Teyla's pregnancy or in some way using the Athosians as a bargaining chip for her cooperation, merely on the feasbility of Michael having found the Athosians and decided to e.g. use them for his experiments, as he did the Hoffans.

P.S. Bear in mind that, at this point, all of the discussion about Michael being in any way involved in/connected to the pregnancy is pure speculation. We have had no actual confirmation of any "Michael connection".

sparkygate
April 26th, 2007, 05:03 AM
More like whos the father and etc!!!!

vaberella
April 26th, 2007, 05:04 AM
I'm sorry, you've lost me there. I was replying to your comment that you didn't think the disappearance of Teyla's people was connected to Michael, your contention seeming to be that he would not know where to find them, if I understood your post correctly? I'm not commenting at all on previous posters' suggestions that Michael is connected to Teyla's pregnancy or in some way using the Athosians as a bargaining chip for her cooperation, merely on the feasbility of Michael having found the Athosians and decided to e.g. use them for his experiments, as he did the Hoffans.

P.S. Bear in mind that, at this point, all of the discussion about Michael being in any way involved in/connected to the pregnancy is pure speculation. We have had no actual confirmation of any "Michael connection".

From what I gathered and the posts I was replying too when you quoted me originally was that I don't think that Michael could have impregnated Teyla by threatening her, through using her people against her. That's what the original poster was stating. That she (Teyla) might have conceded to the pregnancy because Michael threatened her people. I'm trying to figure out how Teyla would respond to that threat---by actually allowing her body to be some torture chamber for a mad man's plans without any certainty that he would stand by his end of the bargain and NOT harm her people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not saying that he wouldn't find them later and use them as food/reproduction for his mutated roaches. I'm just saying that I don't agree that this was used as a threat and that he knew of the their location prior or during vengeance.
________________________________________________________________________________ __
I agree with you that we don't know if Michael's connected to the pregnancy. All my talk on Michael is on an (if he's connected). My response originally was connected to a post that if he was connected this and that could have been the reason that I mentioned above.

Sparky13
April 26th, 2007, 05:29 AM
I'm really enjoying the discussion on this thread. If Rachel is indeed expecting, then I am pleased that she will continue to be on the show, because I am a huge Teyla fan.

Generally, when a character becomes pregnant, I think of two words: Dana Scully. When mommyhood happened to her, I almost instantly stopped watching. As the mother of two, I watch TV to get away from the whole kids/home/family thing. There is just something about watching episode after episode of a character gazing whistfully off into space and rubbing her belly all the time that annoys me.

However, the speculation here makes the prospects of Teyla's pregnancy more interesting because one line of thinking is that she may have submitted to becoming inpregnated in order to help the Athosians (something that I believe she would do in a heartbeat).

My question is: How many episodes into the season is "The Seer"? I ask because perhaps there are events of which we haven't a clue that take place in the early part of the season that lead to Teyla becoming pregnant.

FoolishPleasure
April 26th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Last thing I want to see is for this baby to be a Harcesis-type tyke, or a miracle-gro evil baby like Adria, and I certainly don't want to get into the rape scenario. We've had too much of that on this show as it is.

obsessed1
April 26th, 2007, 06:27 AM
I think that it is plausible that Teyle goes missing in the episode of the same name and returns pregnant (Impregnated by Michael - either with his dna or some of Atlantis's own dna??) and she has kept a secret because A - she really wouldnt want to get rid of the baby, or B. because she doesnt want to be kicked off atlantis.

It could throw up some interesting scenarios, her going through violent hormonal changes because of the baby, a heightened connection to the wraith, shep and team wondering how the hell to look after her, her getting stronger??? (thus not having to leave the team) and end in her eventually wanting to keep the baby but cant because it will turn into a wrath eventually or them trying to turn the baby back into a human with Carsons original Wraith be human formula - and Teyla still having to give the baby up for its own safety, or after birth, the baby is taken away by its father or.......theres a lot that could happen and a lot of team interation etc.

It could be interesting!!

Im still in the OMFG faze though!!! I never saw it coming!!

freetoken
April 26th, 2007, 06:40 AM
I still think someone's done the dirty on Teyla and impregnated her by foul means. Unless, of course the angel Gabriel (or the Pegasus Galaxy equiavalent), visited her! ;)

Ummm... the Ori did it to Vala..... oh oh.... maybe the Ori found out about the Ancients' escape to Pegasus....

Perhaps it is Jack's.... he has a penchant for sowing his seed off-world...

It all sounds too - too much like the writers are out of ideas:
seer ---- prior
Teyla's mystery pregnancy ---- Vala's mystery pregnancy
Atlantis about to be attacked AGAIN ---- Earth continually under contact
yada yada yada....

Yeah, writing truly new storylines might be difficult, but that is why supposedly the writers get paid - to do something. I guess I've always had a jaundiced eye with regards to SGA, but I really really wish TPTB would do something new.

MechaThor
April 26th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Excellent! maybe Teyla will give birth to a more humanoid freaky and cool looking Bug person. Insectoid Style!

Doctor: "Congratulations Teyla its a...... OH MY GOD!... iTS EATING OUT MY EYES! demon spawn DEMON SPAWN!AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH"

Intresting :ford:

wise one
April 26th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Excellent! maybe Teyla will give birth to a more humanoid freaky and cool looking Bug person. Insectoid Style!

Doctor: "Congratulations Teyla its a...... OH MY GOD!... iTS EATING OUT MY EYES! demon spawn DEMON SPAWN!AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH"

Intresting :ford:

lol!!!!!!!

Colonel Eriksen
April 26th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Michael

is the dad I think it Ronan

wise one
April 26th, 2007, 06:47 AM
if the baby does turn out to be a hybrid then teyla would have to set up her own web space and on the front page it would have her and her bug baby smiling and teyla says "this is by bug baby, and i love IT" and it would have all stars and flowers around the website

Platschu
April 26th, 2007, 06:56 AM
A shocking idea: Can a little Beckett be the child of Teyla? :D

MechaThor
April 26th, 2007, 07:02 AM
if the baby does turn out to be a hybrid then teyla would have to set up her own web space and on the front page it would have her and her bug baby smiling and teyla says "this is by bug baby, and i love IT" and it would have all stars and flowers around the website

Lol yeah! And She will go on Chat shows and Richard and Judy with it.

And also appaer on loads of doucmentaries like "Body Shock: My bug child", "I love my Bug Boy" or "The Baby that drinks liquified brains".

It could be like Tuckers alien son Junior from Red Vs Blue. Classic Stuff.

I actually want this to happen now.

Jeyla4ever
April 26th, 2007, 07:24 AM
I think it's quite obvious that the evil Sheppard crystal impregnated Teyla during one of his nocturnal visits and his offspring will grow to adult form within a day (ala Flesh and Blood). However, in a shocking turn of events, it turns out that the crystal-being was actually a Replicator!! The RepliSheppard will convince Woolsey into making McKay let him help him put the final touches on the PWARW satellite now orbiting the planet and destroy the Replicators. (ala Prototype). However, an Asuran vessel drops out of hyperspace and RepliSheppard activates it killing Oberoth, all the while making himself immune to the weapon, fighting off Sheppard and Ronon and every SO between McKay's lab and the Gate Room, gates to Asuras and takes up his rightful place as leader of the Pegasus Replicators. (ala Gemini). :jack_new_anime18: :jack_new_anime18: :jack_new_anime18:
Now you got me interested....I"m so with you on this one..however, the only little glitch....This will be a long season arc.....Teyla will most likely be pregnant for the entire season...so Evil Sheppie will not come back until Season 5......what happens until then? *scratches head*

I came up with those thoughts of Michael and Teyla...I still think that the entire Michael scenario is too predictable and too convenient...And for me, Teyla would be willing to give up her life and use her body to save her people...yes, she would...but what doesn't add up is that she would keep it a secret...well, not even that, because if she's to keep the child then she would keep it a secret..but then I don't see her going back to Atlantis and risking their lives...so, there's those little things that don't make sense to me with the whole Michael theory.....I'd like to think that the writers will come up with something more original..and I"m sorry I don't see Teyla being courted by Michael...not unless he's drugged her, and that would mean so many things and I hope that the writers don't go there.....it would drive Sheppard and Ronon crazy nuts for an entire season dealing with finding and getting vengeance on Michael and I don't think that's what this season is going to be about!

So, I"m still with the whole it's a human child, the question being whose?

FurlingsAreMyFriends
April 26th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Sha're/Goa'uld.

Vala/Ori

Teyla/Wraith?!?

Personally, for once, I would like a pregnancy and birth on this series of shows to be a blessed event. Can't good things happen every once in a while? Must everything revolve around death and destruction and evil hybrid babies?

But maybe that's just the dreamer in me.

No matter the outcome, It's not a plotline that's going to make me stop watching Atlantis. I'm actually more intruiged than anything.

The track record of the writers for both SG-1 and Atlantis lead me to believe that it is more probable that Teyla is carrying a human/wraith hybrid child. However, it is also entirely possible that the 'complicated matter' refers to the fact that she knows, in all probability, that she would be suspended from active duty if it were to become known and she wants to personally continue the search for her people, rather than foist it off into other's hands. It's like that addage "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."

The speculation is endless.

I saw mention that one of the writers or producers tagged this episode as Carter-centric. If that were the case, how has it turned to Teyla-centric?

All right, now that I've ranted about this... where the heck can I find this poem that everyone seems to be quoting? I want to analyze it for myself, in its entirety.

obsessed1
April 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM
It was said in instinct that wraith babies are born looking like humans and only later on do they develop the urge to suck the life out of people. It could be a blessed event but in the back of all of their minds it would be a rce against time to finally find a way to cure the baby an dmake it fully human?? Just a thought!

Practically speaking though , I dont know how they could incorperate Teyla with a child into Atlantis without us losing her somehow. It just doenst seem to fit that both could stay. teyla either has to have a reduced role within the team and ultimately the show or the baby has to disappear, get abducted etc etc. having Teyla with a ababy and then going off to fight off world just seems off to me and it leaves a little too much room for Carter to barge her way onto the team.

On saying that though, teyla might give her baby to the athosians to look after ????? so many questions!

nerus
April 26th, 2007, 07:55 AM
This soulds like a REALLY good episode but how do the wraith stop the replicators??

BubblingOverWithIdeas
April 26th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Personally I'm hoping for a perfectly normal baby, the only mystery being the identity of the father. They haven't done that before and it would be a nice thing. The baby wouldn't have to hyperage and wouldn't have to be in every episode. But if they decide to make it a Wraith hybrid or somesuch, whatever. I can't stop them and I'll still watch.
Ellia in "Instinct" did look more like a human than an adult Wraith does but never completely like one, even in the flashback to when she was much younger. But it's possible they look exactly like humans when they're babies (hard for me to imagine a Wraith Queen taking care of such an infant, though), and if it's half-human, being Teyla's baby, there's a good chance of it looking human even if Wraith babies normally don't.
If it is a special baby it could be from anything. Wraith, crystalline entity, something we've never seen before, etc. Sidenote: there are Cylon hybrid infants in Battlestar Galactica, and they don't hyperage.

SazZat
April 26th, 2007, 08:17 AM
This speculation is formed around Michael actually be involved in the pregnancy:

I don't think the child will be conceived by a sexual encounter. I think rape is too dark, even with all the mentions of SGA going much darker. Plus I don't think that is Michael's game plan. And he's a scientist. He knows other ways beyond normal human reproduction...I'm thinking like wraith version of IVF or something...genetically modified embryo's...or even something like a sort of test tube baby situation.
Something like that actually implanting it into Teyla would seem more likely.
I don't really know.
It's more likely than anything sexual happening between them. No offence to Teyla, she's gorgeous and all, but Michael just doesn't give a toss. He wants her dead basically. The only reason to keep her alive would be to use her as part of his experiments of his little bug army or in achieving world domination, when he might find her link to the wraith would make her prime choice for this.

sorry if i've got completely the wrong end of the discussion. it's complicated to keep up in here haha

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 08:18 AM
This speculation is formed around Michael actually be involved in the pregnancy:

I don't think the child will be conceived by a sexual encounter. I think rape is too dark, even with all the mentions of SGA going much darker. Plus I don't think that is Michael's game plan. And he's a scientist. He knows other ways beyond normal human reproduction...I'm thinking like wraith version of IVF or something...genetically modified embryo's...or even something like a sort of test tube baby situation.
I don't really know.
It's more likely than anything sexual happening between them. No offence to Teyla, she's gorgeous and all, but Michael just doesn't give a toss. He wants her dead basically. The only reason to keep her alive would be to use her as part of his experiments of his little bug army or in achieving world domination, when he might find her link to the wraith would make her prime choice for this.

sorry if i've got completely the wrong end of the discussion. it's complicated to keep up in here haha

Meanwhile, Rodney McKay is working on a major problem, which he describes to Colonel Carter and Richard Woolsey. The Wraith have found a way to shut down or in some way disable the Replicators, but McKay inadvertantly managed to turn them on again. With help from a certain Wraith they have met, he hopes that they can stop them once again.

Sounds a bit too easy for me.

mcbarr
April 26th, 2007, 08:46 AM
I don't really know.

Midi-chlorians? :D

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 08:50 AM
With most focus on Teyla here, did anyone notice the information regarding the Asurans?

SazZat
April 26th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Personally I'm hoping for a perfectly normal baby, the only mystery being the identity of the father. They haven't done that before and it would be a nice thing. The baby wouldn't have to hyperage and wouldn't have to be in every episode. But if they decide to make it a Wraith hybrid or somesuch, whatever. I can't stop them and I'll still watch.

If the baby is of human conception from both parents, am I the only one who would find it really wrong that Teyla would not know who the father is? I mean she really does not seem like the type of woman who would sleep around. She has too much self respect...at least that's what I see anyway.

If it's a human baby we already know that the father can't be anyone on Team Shep. That was pretty much cleared up in JMs blog today.

It would be interesting having it be Carson. There's lots of ways that story could be done, but I really aren't so sure.

Michael would be the best storyline in terms of options...and it would keep me interested. Or maybe even the baby being of someone from Athos or something...a guy we haven't seen or something.

MAYBE Teyla's wraith dna has something to do with it...Like in Voyager where Kes goes through the process of getting ready to be pregnant etc. Perhaps the dna Teyla has is like some link to the story and the dna is more than just sencing the wraith, it actually acts as a thing to allow the person with the dna to conceive a baby without anything else. And that would go on to explain how the wraith have children and also explain a lot more about why this wraith was experimenting on humans all those thousands of years ago.
Hmmm...might need to give that some more thought.

Jeyla4ever
April 26th, 2007, 09:03 AM
For some reason, I don't think we are going to find out who the father of this baby is in this episode. I think they are going to keep this a mystery at least for the next couple of episodes.

I keep racking my brain around this one....I know...sorry, bare with me....

this is all so surprising still....

I"m so relieved that there are others who liked the idea of this being something natural and beautiful. I thought I would be the only one to admit it or even wish it!

But somehow, I don't think that this is the way that they are going to go.

Who knows, maybe Teyla was married and she finds her husband along the way only to loose him again....LOL

Whatever....

but going back to the Michael thing, I think for now I"m going to assume that the writers aren't going to have a baby toddling around Atlantis...I agree that it would reduce Teyla's role to staying in Atlantis and yet, it doesn't take much creativity to give her a role in Atlantis, but it would definetly take her out of the team...I wouldn't mind seeing her change routes, but it would certainly change her role in the series.

Still, highly unlikely.

My thoughts are also, if they can make McKay a father, why not John? I know that McKay risks his life less than John's but, still they all face constant threats...and don't you guys think that the Ancients had children? I don't know....that's not an idea that can't make the show work, but again, JM wrote that no two characters would deal with parenthood in the same season...so, none of the other team members apply.

But going back to Michael, we are supposed to learn how Wraith reproduce. What if the Wraith need a human host to pro-create their hive queen, whose the only one that can produce the other Wraith?

Don't they have Wraith Worshippers that are humans? And to my knowledge, correct me if I"m wrong here, haven't those humans Wraith Worshippers only been females up to know...remember that girl in John's cell in The Hive? What if the key to the Wraith Queen is that she's created differently, through a human host hence the need for Wraith Worshippers?

So, again....Teyla was unconscious for awhile, what if that bug was not meant to kill her but instead impregnate her? Michael didn't leave until he heard John and the others.....he knew they were coming for her....the job was already done.....and so he left....

Alright, I"m out of ideas!

Next?

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 09:07 AM
If the baby is of human conception from both parents, am I the only one who would find it really wrong that Teyla would not know who the father is? I mean she really does not seem like the type of woman who would sleep around. She has too much self respect...at least that's what I see anyway.

I don't think the suggestion was that, if the baby is a "normally-conceived" one, Teyla doesn't know who the father is... rather that the father's identity is a mystery to the viewers.

nebulan
April 26th, 2007, 09:10 AM
MAYBE Teyla's wraith dna has something to do with it...Like in Voyager where Kes goes through the process of getting ready to be pregnant etc. Perhaps the dna Teyla has is like some link to the story and the dna is more than just sencing the wraith, it actually acts as a thing to allow the person with the dna to conceive a baby without anything else. And that would go on to explain how the wraith have children and also explain a lot more about why this wraith was experimenting on humans all those thousands of years ago.
Hmmm...might need to give that some more thought.

like say wraith females go through the same thing and that's why we're going to learn about wraith reproduction??? cool idea! I'm still hoping that the enemy who courts one of our own is michael tho. IS IT FALL YET?!?

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 09:15 AM
like say wraith females go through the same thing and that's why we're going to learn about wraith reproduction??? cool idea! I'm still hoping that the enemy who courts one of our own is michael tho. IS IT FALL YET?!?

I'm leaning towards the CG Wraith. Michael would be a nice idea, though.

pilgrim soul
April 26th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I don't think we're going to have any of our questions regarding Teyla answered in this episode. Remember this is a Carter-centric ep, the business with Teyla will probably only take up a tiny part of the episode as a whole.

nebulan
April 26th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I don't think we're going to have any of our questions regarding Teyla answered in this episode. Remember this is a Carter-centric ep, the business with Teyla will probably only take up a tiny part of the episode as a whole.

Lol! Just long enough for all of us to go WTF?! :D

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Lol! Just long enough for all of us to go WTF?! :D

Probably.

mcbarr
April 26th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Seriously, why are so many season 4 spoilers being released? Won't this hurt the show even more? :confused:

nebulan
April 26th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Seriously, why are so many season 4 spoilers being released? Won't this hurt the show even more? :confused:

I don't know, either that or make us all really excited, but what's the point of getting us excited so many months before the episodes air?

Anyway, I said in an earlier post that I'm so excited about this I wanted to draw a picture of it... so I did. Here's Teyla and her little halfbreed baby ^^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/nebulan/new%20sg%20fanart/Teylaandbabyjill.jpg

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I don't know, either that or make us all really excited, but what's the point of getting us excited so many months before the episodes air?

Anyway, I said in an earlier post that I'm so excited about this I wanted to draw a picture of it... so I did. Here's Teyla and her little halfbreed baby ^^
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/nebulan/new%20sg%20fanart/Teylaandbabyjill.jpg

Good one.

GateMan2000
April 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I guess Teyla's baby is very important but it seems like a lot of people are ignoring a statment within the spoiler article itself. Since when did the Wraith disable the Replicators? I take it that the Wraith at some point in the first part of the season, the Wraith encounter the replicators. Maybe I am reading into the spoiler wrong.

the dancer of spaz
April 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're (TPTB) not doing it on purpose. The spoilers are being gathered from sides that are posted on a website for actors and other people in the industry who are looking for auditions. It's a pay-for-download sort of deal, or if you have a yearly subscription they're free.

I don't think JM and Co. really intend for us to see such detailed plot points so early on, but I don't think it can really be avoided unless they use another service.

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM

They are not being "released". These are not official spoilers sanctioned by TPTB.. they are information gleaned from sides (the script pages provided to actors auditioning for guest roles on the show- in this case probably the sides for the Davos character) which fans gets hold of and then post all over the internet.

It's a risky business because you're right, sometimes TPTB *don't* want this detailed information getting out there and I've seen it happen in other fandoms (House for example) that TPTB get annoyed and massively restrict access to sides and threaten any and all possible inside sources with dire consequences and the fandom basically loses access to anything but the few officially-sanctioned spoilers.

Discretion, as they say, is the better part of valour. But fans are enthusiastic and get carried away and want to share what they know with everyone else and, before you know it, people are posting on JM's blog about reading spoilers from sides. So far, TPTB seem to be tolerating it... how long that will continue is anyone's guess....

cunning
April 26th, 2007, 10:44 AM
can anyone speculate how the writers can go three seasons with so much as a kiss, a date, or any interation other than flurting for Teyla to now pregnant? does this mean Rachel is pregnant and the writers have to accommodate her reality like they did with Vela (Claudia). why would they not include spoilers for previous episode that may explain some interaction with someone to bring this about, say S4, E 1-??

FoolishPleasure
April 26th, 2007, 10:57 AM
After reading more info on this episode, maybe the baby isn't a hybrid Wraith terror baby. Maybe its a cute little RepliTeyla. ;)

vaberella
April 26th, 2007, 10:59 AM

I have no clue. I remember way back when that JM said he'd give us a bit of news at ComicCon this July. At this rate, there really is no point. But I don't think this will hurt the show.

Again what people may forget is that this stuff is based on spec and rumors. JM himself said in his blog last night that a lot of stories change or held off, or just don't make the cut and are thrown out. Sure they filmed about 7 or so eps, but those that we've heard of were comments made before filming. We have no idea how many scenes get tossed out and words probably changed during the filmng process. So information we thought we had can change drastically. All this means is that we won't know ANYTHING until we sit and watch S4.

So we can speculate all we want, we still have no clue, but snippets of this and that ----and glueing things together like humpty dumpty. So this won't hurt the show, it might just actually help it. For all my concerns, if Micheal is involved and I've changed my opinion on hating him since Teyla helped the others in violating Michael he's doing it to one their own now; I'm actually looking forward to this ep.
==================================================

This ep has the potential of actually being the best ep of the season the more and more I think of the storyline. Although it is still a rape, which is a taking by force (of course in this day and age it's sexualized; but originally it had a more encompassing meaning), if Michael was involved in doing this to Teyla.

It would be a "blowback" of sorts to his mortal enemies. We all know that Teyla didn't really want to do this and had reservations, but was ignored---she did in essence go along in the end, albeit reluctantly. She helped in capturing another being and pretty much f'ed him up. She helped the first time and ordered it, on Weir's command the second time (something of which I had a problem with). They raped him of who he was TWICE (poor Mike) and created a completely different enemy. He is now a product of his environment, and getting back at the people by taking one of their own, one who is cared about and respected (as he probably was as a Wraith) and messing her up.

It's too bad Teyla has to go through this. But she did build course a former "friendship" on lies, to result in this retaliation, it's justified on the part of Michael and will make for bloody exceptional television.

So if Michael is involved...bloody hell it's brilliant and I wil watch this as I woudld have based on my feelings yesterday. But after reading the posts here and thinking on Michael, I guess this was meant to be.

Smart move TPTB!! :D

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 11:03 AM
They are not being "released". These are not official spoilers sanctioned by TPTB.. they are information gleaned from sides (the script pages provided to actors auditioning for guest roles on the show- in this case probably the sides for the Davos character) which fans gets hold of and then post all over the internet.

It's a risky business because you're right, sometimes TPTB *don't* want this detailed information getting out there and I've seen it happen in other fandoms (House for example) that TPTB get annoyed and massively restrict access to sides and threaten any and all possible inside sources with dire consequences and the fandom basically loses access to anything but the few officially-sanctioned spoilers.

Discretion, as they say, is the better part of valour. But fans are enthusiastic and get carried away and want to share what they know with everyone else and, before you know it, people are posting on JM's blog about reading spoilers from sides. So far, TPTB seem to be tolerating it... how long that will continue is anyone's guess....

Exactly. They don't like it when stuff is leaked like this since they would prefer to keep a few things "hush hush". I don't see these being released hurting the show though.

Platschu
April 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I think they should release spoilers only for the first act or be absolutely spoiler-free. The crew of BSG gave less spoiler to the audience, so there were bigger surprises in the season, so the rating would be better. If I remember well that tactic worked by Stargate episodes too (Instinct, Vengeance, Unending etc.)

cunning
April 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM
so does it lead up to Rachel leaving the show, is she REALLY pregnant

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Don't forget also that sides are pages of unfilmed script - and a lot can change between script and filming and then editing. Spoilers from sides shouldn't be taken as set in stone...

the dancer of spaz
April 26th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I think they should release spoilers only for the first act or be absolutely spoiler-free. The crew of BSG gave less spoiler to the audience, so there were bigger surprises in the season, so the rating would be better. If I remember well that tactic worked by Stargate episodes too (Instinct, Vengeance, Unending etc.)

It's kinda hard if the guest character is introduced in late Act I/beginning of Act II, though. That's the only way we get spoilers from sides.

I do feel for them if they don't intend for us to have this information so far in advance. I'd imagine it can be rather frustrating.

Ploots
April 26th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Ju,ping into this fresh and jsut read the spoiler and the first few pages of comments, so, patience and apologies if this is old but...

We don't know she sleeps with anyone, and we don't know how the wraith reproduce, perhaps a really vigorous handshake. does anyone remember Susan Ivonanva in Bab5 mating with that dance she didn, could be anything, so, being pregnant doesn't therefore equally daddy, or carrying full term.

I just hope it doesn't do to this what it did to Scully and the x-files and virtually garuntee stupidity to follow.

There are loads of ways it could do down

...Michaels, although I hope not I think the whole dichotomy of life am i this am I that is boring and I really don't like him, bit of a tool but that is my opinion and I will admit his seems reletively plausible involvement motive wise

...totally new option related to episode not spoilered or even named yet, a real wait and see sort of thing

...someone on atlantis that you only get vague hints about a relationship with, didn't she ahng onto Ronan's arm for a long time in Sunday, and the speech from Submerged before she kneed him in the nuts. but I am a r/t shipper so will contract that idea

...act of god, its been done before and that story is still around...

Suzotchka
April 26th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that Shep (spoiler for S4) gets a clone in Doppleganger? Maybe it's the clones? :p

Starxgate
April 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Great another pregnancy story & SG-1 just finished with theirs basically :( This is just about the only thing I have heard from Season 4 so far I am not looking forward to. <mod snip>

Ploots
April 26th, 2007, 11:43 AM
maybe she won't carry it to term, I mean its TV, anything can happen, and let's be honest if its hers and say someone she cares about and something happens and she loses it and then has the whole revenge thing, could be interesting. I can see her sparring with a baby on her back, or having to nurse it while whacking a wraith, eww.
I hate baby story lines, but will decide after the episode whether it was good or bad, so far I ahve enjoyed all of them, yes, even inferno and the one with lucious, although when is that guy going to diet.

Can someone post the link to the JM blog, I assume its not Jason Momoa's blog?
Actally, can someone post the link to all the blogs out there. You get much for cast info in Canada and the states than us in the UK.

vaberella
April 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that Shep (spoiler for S4) gets a clone in Doppleganger? Maybe it's the clones? :p

That's if you believe wiki. :cool: That's where I heard that rumor came from.

I just hope it doesn't do to this what it did to Scully and the x-files and virtually garuntee stupidity to follow.

Why do people keep mentioning Scully? When I think of scifi pregnancy I keep thinking of when Gabrielle was raped by that evil godlike being, in Xena. That story freaked me out, although it was fantastic all around.

Linzi
April 26th, 2007, 11:45 AM
You may have done. But that's not correct. :)

Ploots
April 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I mention Scully cause it,for me, signed the death knell for the show, and it was suddenly Mulder's which was just an oddity in itself for some reason, but never mind that,

Pregnancy arcs are dangerous stuff becuase it essentially incapacitates the actress to a certian degree, and what, is the SGC going to start sending nappies and formulae through now along with gym shoes and razor's, clearly, they should have included some prophylactics on the list.

I will reserve judgement on this mainly cuase it think RL is a great actress and even if it is a weak storyline she will pull it off character wise and put in an awesome performance, and also, becuase it can work on a show if done well.

And let's face it, killing Carson was worse than getting her pregnant show wise, so, I'm just going to enjoy raving about this until the next spoiler is put up and my Oh MY God face is pulled :)

Now if one of the guys had got pregnant, that would have been a different story altogether!!

the dancer of spaz
April 26th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Great another pregnancy story & SG-1 just finished with theirs basically :( This is just about the only thing I have heard from Season 4 so far I am not looking forward to. <snipped the offensive part>

Let's be serious, k?

Seriously OT:
I mean, would you ask that of the multitudes of male actors in sci-fi who have children? Or do you think they just magically procreate by some other means?

cunning
April 26th, 2007, 12:01 PM
so all sci-fi actresses get pregnant? horny? but it's ok for ALL the sci-fi men to sleep around with every alien women then come in contact with?

SazZat
April 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Great another pregnancy story & SG-1 just finished with theirs basically :( This is just about the only thing I have heard from Season 4 so far I am not looking forward to. <snip>

Jesus :rolleyes: get some perspective here! I can't believe you even said that. wow.
Actually I don't even know what to say other than you obviously didn't put your brain into gear before making the comment I snipped.
Every family wants to settle and have children. Why should actors/actresses be any different?
A lot of woman struggle to have children in their lives. I for one offer best wishes to anyone who finds out they are expecting a child into a loving family and life. If Rachel is pregnant then all the best to her.

Maybe try and show a little more respect. Woman have families and children. Get over it.

Anyways. I was gonna come in here and say something else, but it's escaped my mind now. Maybe I'll just wait until after JMs blog tonight. I expect something else will come up :)

ussrelativity
April 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Jesus :rolleyes: get some perspective here! I can't believe you even said that. wow.
Actually I don't even know what to say other than you obviously didn't put your brain into gear before making the comment I snipped.
Every family wants to settle and have children. Why should actors/actresses be any different?
A lot of woman struggle to have children in their lives. I for one offer best wishes to anyone who finds out they are expecting a child into a loving family and life. If Rachel is pregnant then all the best to her.

Maybe try and show a little more respect. Woman have families and children. Get over it.

Anyways. I was gonna come in here and say something else, but it's escaped my mind now. Maybe I'll just wait until after JMs blog tonight. I expect something else will come up :)

Probably more details, especially with all the fanbuzz right now.

mcbarr
April 26th, 2007, 12:08 PM

He, he! Here comes the Athosian/Crystal baby, or better yet, babies... Yay! At least when they have nothing to do, they can go back to their original crystalline form and adorn Atlantis. :D

Borg Queen
April 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Now if one of the guys had got pregnant, that would have been a different story altogether!!
That storyline was in Star Trek: Enterprise Unexpected
Great episode

Starxgate
April 26th, 2007, 12:19 PM
That storyline was in Star Trek: Enterprise Unexpected
Great episode

Arnold also did a movie where he was the first guy ever to have a kid

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 12:23 PM

You did. It was wrong.

Great another pregnancy story & SG-1 just finished with theirs basically :( This is just about the only thing I have heard from Season 4 so far I am not looking forward to. [Snipped]

How incredibly, utterly offensive. You disgust me.

Can someone post the link to the JM blog, I assume its not Jason Momoa's blog?
Actally, can someone post the link to all the blogs out there. You get much for cast info in Canada and the states than us in the UK.

Threads about (and links to) all the relevant actors'/producers' blogs can be found in the Fandom forum.

but it's ok for ALL the sci-fi men to sleep around with every alien women then come in contact with?

Umm... point of order but you seem to be confusing sci-fi men (as in the actors - as the "discussion" thus far was about sci-fi actresses) with the characters they play?

Ploots
Hang on, look a ways back at the bit in blue about Rachel being pregnant,
And someone fill me in,
Is Teyla pregnant becuase the actress is pregnant, or is Teyla pregnant in the story? I am confused? Who si pregnant, actress ie real lady, or fictional heroine?

BubblingOverWithIdeas
Didn't I read somewhere that Shep gets a clone in Doppleganger? Maybe it's the clones? :p

It's not a clone, it's an evil crystalline entity that takes Sheppard's form and gives the team nightmares. It's conceivable that the entity does impregnate Teyla in her nightmares, like an incubus. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it would be interesting.

vaberella
April 26th, 2007, 12:26 PM
It's not a clone, it's an evil crystalline entity that takes Sheppard's form and gives the team nightmares. It's conceivable that the entity does impregnate Teyla in her nightmares, like an incubus. I'm not sure how likely it is, but it would be interesting.

Apparently not everyone gets nightmares. Only some people get nightmares...since there's a post that says dreams/nightmares and RCC never said everyone experienced nightmares. Although the entity appears to be evil or mischevious depends on your outlook on doppelgangers. :D :cool:

And someone fill me in,
Is Teyla pregnant becuase the actress is pregnant, or is Teyla pregnant in the story? I am confused? Who si pregnant, actress ie real lady, or fictional heroine?

No one knows if the actress is pregnant. There are claims to it being the case, people are also reading into JM's posts, and various other forms of information are thrown out there to claim that RL is pregnant. There has been no announcement to say this is the case, and JM's wording can be taken anyway you want to take it, it seems. The man is cryptic to a fault.

So no one knows that the actress is pregnant. We do know that they are doing a storyline around the character of Teyla for the season and this could be one aspect of the season long arc. So we know now, I believe and I believe JM confirmed that TEYLA is pregnant, but there is no word on the actor. Nor do I think it's really any of our business, if she is or isn't.

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 12:26 PM
And someone fill me in,

The spoiler is that Teyla (the fictional heroine) is revealed to be pregnant. The unconfirmed rumour - based on what Joe Mallozzi said in his blog - is that this storyline has been written to accomodate the fact that Rachel Luttrell (the actress) is actually pregnant.

Alipeeps
April 26th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Apparently not everyone gets nightmares. Only some people get nightmares...since there's a post that says dreams/nightmares and RCC never said everyone experienced nightmares. Although the entity appears to be evil or mischevious depends on your outlook on doppelgangers. :D :cool:

It also isn't stated that the entity takes Sheppard's form (other than in people's dreams). But all this is a discussion for a different thread...

Bacardi
April 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
The Wraith turn the Asurans off? wtf? and McKay turns them back on again? can anyone else hear the "d'oh" echoing accross galaxies?

I can see it now, the solution is obvious.

McKay: "Oh God we're all gonna be killed by replicators and its all my fault,"
Sheppard: "Quiet Rodney, Oberoth, before u kill us i wanna show u a magic trick.."
*Sheppard reaches behind McKay's ear and pulls out 25c*..
Sheppard: "Can I try it on you now?"
Oberoth: "Uhmm, ok?"
*Sheppard reaches behind Oberoth's ear and flicks the "OFF" switch.
McKay: "Why didnt I think of that.."

Ploots
April 26th, 2007, 12:36 PM
The spoiler is that Teyla (the fictional heroine) is revealed to be pregnant. The unconfirmed rumour - based on what Joe Mallozzi said in his blog - is that this storyline has been written to accomodate the fact that Rachel Luttrell (the actress) is actually pregnant.

Aaaah! Still, a lot can be done with good camera shots, so they did not have to make Teyla pregnant, body doubles and head shots could have been used to presumably they must be pretty confident that it is good for the story and is going to be a strong arc, which actually makes me think it could be better then cause they must be sure as you don't have to have a preg character when the actress gets preg. It's going to be an exciting season 4 and i prefer character driven eps so if this does spawn a good arc it will make this fan happy.

Nice one for RL as well!

Starxgate
April 26th, 2007, 12:37 PM
It's not a clone, it's an evil crystalline entity

Think of it like the evil version of what copied catted Jack that one time but it wasnt evil it just wanted to learn about humans etc

Skydiver
April 26th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Let's remeber folks to keep the actors' private lives private. Thus speculation about Rachel's potential pregnancy should be kept to a minimum if it's gone into at all

if she is preggers, good for her. But it's really none of our business. It's between rachel and her hubby/sig other or whatever.

For all we know, Joe, in his endearing way, has worded things just to get folks talking and he'll post in his blog in a day or so and debunk the whole thing and make fun of everyone who's reacted to this.

Since this thread is about the episode and not the actress, let's keep Rachel out of it and concentrate on Teyla.

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Aaaah! Still, a lot can be done with good camera shots, so they did not have to make Teyla pregnant, body doubles and head shots could have been used to presumably they must be pretty confident that it is good for the story and is going to be a strong arc, which actually makes me think it could be better then cause they must be sure as you don't have to have a preg character when the actress gets preg. It's going to be an exciting season 4 and i prefer character driven eps so if this does spawn a good arc it will make this fan happy.

Nice one for RL as well!

A prime example would be the actress that played Clair Huxtable. When she got pregnant the just shot her from infront of a counter, with grocery bags or something to hide the big tummy.:D

Chailyn
April 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM
There is just something about watching episode after episode of a character gazing whistfully off into space and rubbing her belly all the time that annoys me.

I hear you. I'm not looking forward to this plotline. That said, if RL is pregnant then tpb need to find a way to work around it or include it, I guess. I just hope this doesn't go into the melodramatic daytime soap arena. No "who's the baby's father?" or evil twins, or clones or replicator doubles where one of the boys will need to fight off the miscreant and save Teyla's little bundle.

In a way, I'm almost hoping Michael is involved. If Teyla's people go missing, she's almost as orphaned as he is. Maybe they strike a deal to help each other. I would prefer they didn't go with a rape angle. Maybe Teyla's Wraith DNA kicks in and we learn about Wraith mating. I don't know how they're going to work this in the long run. Teyla with a kid on Atlantis seems rather limiting to her role and I would hope she wouldn't just give it away. Hopefully, it'll be better than I think.

Ploots
April 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
good point, so less speculation the better seems to be the order of the day, god this is why I love the internet.

If it was someone on Atlantis' odds are on cameo marine appearance, there is very little actual romance on screen in sci fi these days so I'm pretty sure it is going to end up being the michael experiment thing or at least some sort of new procreation method, maybe spores?
:)
gotta love random rantings and ravings hey :)

Ploots
April 26th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Whatever it is, however they go about it, its still a spoiler so it might not even end up being in the episode, a lot gets cut and ends up on the floor so who knows.

Michael, obvious choice, is it too obvious though?

BubblingOverWithIdeas
April 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Apparently not everyone gets nightmares. Only some people get nightmares...since there's a post that says dreams/nightmares and RCC never said everyone experienced nightmares. Although the entity appears to be evil or mischevious depends on your outlook on doppelgangers.

It also isn't stated that the entity takes Sheppard's form (other than in people's dreams). But all this is a discussion for a different thread...

I didn't say it will give everyone nightmares or that it will take Sheppard's form outside of dreams.
The entity is evil, a psycho in fact, according to the news on the main page.