• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory on the symbol Maelstrom spoliers

sorry if this has alrady been done

my personal opinion is that Kara is going to find earth

possible future spoilers

Spoiler:
    the white spot is the moon the blue is earth and the red/orange is the sun.

what do you think.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I never thought about it that way but that would explain...

Spoiler:
    the color patterns. You know, perhaps that represents the alignment of the earth, moon, and sun and thus a particular point in time or in the cycle of time. Great theory!

Comment

That does make sense and
      Spoiler:
      also explains the circles on the white spot- craters.

By the way, does anyone have a few good, clear shots of the mumbo-jumbo on the apartment wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Temp2 View Post
        That does make sense and
        Spoiler:
        also explains the circles on the white spot- craters.

By the way, does anyone have a few good, clear shots of the mumbo-jumbo on the apartment wall?
        try this http://www.bsg-caps.com/
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Thank's. Never noticed that it was a poem before.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

I'd say you have a pretty sound theory. I guess only time will tell for sure though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Temp2 View Post
                Thank's. Never noticed that it was a poem before.
                I think that's actually a Hillary Duff song .
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  sorry if this has alrady been done

my personal opinion is that Kara is going to find earth

possible future spoilers

Spoiler:
                  the white spot is the moon the blue is earth and the red/orange is the sun.

what do you think.
                  I think the lightbulb was really slow to go on over my head.

Works for me!

Comment

The marker was the Eye of Jupiter. Perhaps the white does represent the moon, blue earth, and yellow/spikes the sun. I think the orange might be Jupiter itself.

Right now when we look toward other stars the only planetary bodies we've been able to quasi-identify have been gas giants. Jupiter is the largest one in our system.

That said, I don't think the nova was the marker or the map to follow to Earth. I think the image itself is the map... and that it may only have meaning to one person.

Starbuck specifically states that she feels drawn into the storm for some reason. The conventional wisdom is that it's her facing her fears or running from them, depending on the moment. But what if it's not? What if the storm that draws Starbuck in and also happens to coincidentally look like her painting and the medallion is the way? She's drawn to it because it's through that storm and the actions in that place that will ultimately lead to Earth. It's now the personal journey of Kara Thrace where mankind's future rests... much like it was when she retrieved the arrow on Caprica.

Whether she died and in some way will return (either as a Cylon or something else), or whether she's been whisked away, I believe the storm drawing her in, looking like the painting, and the painting being a marker for the road to Earth predestined, Starbuck isn't done... and I doubt we've seen the last of that image.

Comment

The images made by Thrace are very similar to a particular image that is an important part of gnostic belief. RDM's other shows have had gnostic influences, especially Carnivale, and it can be argued that there is a strong element to BSG. Maybe the drawing is a reference to the possible underlayings of the philosophical and religious ideas of the show.

On the other hand I have heard somewhere that the producers just told Katee Sackhoff to do some random drawings on the set of New Caprica that would represent her destiny. So maybe its a just random drawing without any influence at all. Though i doubt it. I also doubt that it is a basic map of our solar system. It seems too simple and contrived for a show with so many random and provocative ideas and influences.

KIR

Comment

Kara flying into the nebulous stormy thing reminds me of other shows. It has been done before:

"The black hole", "Dune", "Blue Tornado", "Star Trek TNG - Cause and Effect" (here flying into the anomaly also solves the riddle).
                        I mean for BSG it's just a good cliffhanger. I only hope they don't turn the show into an abstruse, mythical, supernatural farce.
                        Last edited by Actionhank; 12 March 2007, 06:07 AM.
                        Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
                          I only hope they don't turn the show into an abstruse, mythical, supernatural farce.
                          I guess that depends on taste, doesn't it? Some people might think it crossed that line with the Temple of Athena and Arrow of Apollo and those events being chronicled in their religious text.

I also doubt that it's a literal map to Earth... However, it may still be a direct map to Earth if it literally leads the way to Earth for Starbuck. The Eye of Jupiter is a map to Earth, but only a map that Kara Thrace remotely gets... and even her getting it isn't in a consciouss way. She doesn't see the storm and say, hey, this is the way to Earth, I'm on the right track... no, she says she's somehow and strangely drawn to it. A map, yes. A star chart showing the relative position of Earth to the 12 colonies, no.

Comment

I thought it was de-facto theory that her destiny was finding Earth? She was drawing the eye of jupiter because it lead to Earth (or she was drawing Earth itself), she has a great destiny as foretold by a dozen different people, she gave a little statuette of a goddess to adama that would travel ahead of the ships to find land... I thought it's kind of obvious what her destiny is? The whole scene with the statue was a tipoff that she was going to disappear because she would travel ahead of the fleet, somehow, and find Earth.

One will die, boxed D'anna.
                            One will find Earth.. all anyone did was observe the supernova, no one in the fleet currently has found Earth, that means it's already happened.. IE someone who mysteriously disappeared from the show who is going to return next season must have found it.
                            One will discover they're a cylon.. this hasn't happened yet. And Kara cannot be a cylon, her mother killed cylons during the first cylon war, you'd be travelling into strange territory trying to turn that around and say she's still a cylon.
                            "Did you really expect some Utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bl4de View Post
                              One will discover they're a cylon.. this hasn't happened yet. And Kara cannot be a cylon, her mother killed cylons during the first cylon war, you'd be travelling into strange territory trying to turn that around and say she's still a cylon.
                              Well kara has memories of her mother fighting in the cylon war. Couldn't those be implanted? Didn't Boomer/Athena have memories of going to space academy?(do she really go or were those fake?)

Comment

Working...
                              X