This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will S4 be the End?

Yes. I never expected it to last that long anyway.
    Yes. The show won't survive all these changes.
    No. I fully expect the show to go on to S5 and beyond.
    We won't know until we see S4.

Please vote and discuss!
    Yes, I never expected it to last this long
    4.94%
    Yes, there are too many changes
    20.93%
    No. I fully expect the show to go on to S5 and beyond.
    53.78%
    Dunno, gonna wait and see
    20.35%
    Last edited by Night Spring; 09 March 2007, 04:30 PM.
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Yes. With all the cast changes, the loss of two much loved characters and the ill advised and largely un-popular addition of another, I don't think it will survive. Which is a real shame, it could have gone on for at least another season. I don't think it was ever going to last as long as SG1, that show is just so special.

The soft re-set hasn't helped them any either. The ratings were pretty good this season, compare them to say BSG, and I don't see why they felt the need to make such drastic changes.

It just doesn't feel like the same show now and I for one am glad that I won't be able to get it next season. I prefer to remember it the way it was, I loved Carson and Weir and it just won't seem the same without them.

Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

We know that Tapping is contracted for 14 episodes. So how many episodes is Torri contracted for? How do you know that Wier is geting kicked off? Just cause a Lt. Col from the airforce is going to pay a long visit? You do realise that Wier will need a long time to recover from that Beam of doom. She probily got burns all over her, Truma, broken bones. Be realistic here.

Since when does the IOA intrust the Airforce with Atlantis?

Why would they ever give command to a Lt. Col? It seems that Colonels are the lowest ranks that get comands on that level.
      I say that Atlantis may last another few seasons. Maybe up to 7 seasons, that seems to be the norm for good shows.
      [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
      HARRIMAN
      I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
      [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
      HARRIMAN
      So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

No. I fully expect the show to go on to S5 and beyond/We won't know until we see S4.

At the moment I'd be very suprised if Atlantis didn't make it to season 5, but I'll have a better idea after I've seen season 4. Alot of people won't like Carter coming over, but I'm confident that the decision to have less of Weir in season 4 will benifit the show more than enough to cancel out any negative affect Sam might have.

Comment

I doubt it'll be able to reach 7 seasons, I personally see 5 at most. Even TPTB (or at least some like Cooper and Wright) were convinced from the start that it'd never run as long as SG-1.

Skiffy's apparent rescheduling of S4 to air on Monday nights might not help much either, especially since it's going up against a few heavy hitters.

And I also know of quite a few people who aren't too wild about the new dynamic in the upcoming S4, and even more who complained about the removal of a certain character during S3 and how a number of the major storylines appeared to have been rehashed from SG-1.

Comment

Well my stance has been made clear. Based on the details of S4, and despite the changes...SGA ain't going anywhere for a while. The basic group which has been the focus of the show from the get go will be remaining and there's also a chance for others to come back and get major presence. All in all, it spells a great chance.

Anyway, I love the show, will be watching it and pushing for it's success. The tidbits of future plots and here and there are exciting, seems to balance action with drama, with story and thrown in by great acting from my faves...meh it's all good.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

yay, post 100

i seriously think season 5 will be be it. shows generally last 5-7 years. anything more than 5 would be excellent, but we will have to see how the ratings are for s4

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                I doubt it'll be able to reach 7 seasons, I personally see 5 at most. Even TPTB (or at least some like Cooper and Wright) were convinced from the start that it'd never run as long as SG-1.

Skiffy's apparent rescheduling of S4 to air on Monday nights might not help much either, especially since it's going up against a few heavy hitters.

And I also know of quite a few people who aren't too wild about the new dynamic in the upcoming S4, and even more who complained about the removal of a certain character during S3 and how a number of the major storylines appeared to have been rehashed from SG-1.
                Monday nights?! You've got to be kidding me?! Why Monday, please don't let it be 10pm, please don't let it be 10pm, please don't let it be 10 pm... I can't miss CSI Miami---McKay is not as panty-dropper worthy as Caruso! Crap!

Why don't they put it on Sunday nights? Or stick to the sci-fi friday nights, that was hot!

Damn you skiffy, Caruso beats Hewlett....and Ronon's gun doesn't even enter the same league as Adam Rodriguez's ass. I can't handle this!! That being said, any time before 10pm is fine!!
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

You know...i don't have an opinion as of right now...I just going to enjoy it as long as its on. I know that with the reduction of weir sucks, but she is not going away entirely...and carter i think is going to be interesting. I know people are losing interest...but i think it will last as long as people remain loyal!!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                    Well my stance has been made clear. Based on the details of S4, and despite the changes...SGA ain't going anywhere for a while. The basic group which has been the focus of the show from the get go will be remaining and there's also a chance for others to come back and get major presence. All in all, it spells a great chance.

Anyway, I love the show, will be watching it and pushing for it's success. The tidbits of future plots and here and there are exciting, seems to balance action with drama, with story and thrown in by great acting from my faves...meh it's all good.
                    Agreed. I have the same stance. The majority of the main cast is remaining and IMO the remaining ones are what make up the bulk of Atlantis. I do love Carson and sad he left but that alone is not enough to make me say this won't continue. The changes so far sound like a good move for me. We also have no idea what TH role will be. She is a crucial part of the show but her character has not been developed that well, she has had great episodes this season but it is apparant that TH heart seems to not be in it anymore. Carter can actually do a great job for SGA IMO. SGA is still great and IMO will last at least 6 years. Also where was this rumor about mondays? Won't bother me as I don't watch anything on Mondays.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I suspect that this could end up being a tough season for SGA. Has nothing to do with Carter/Weir etc. It also has little to do with the show's quality overall, as long as it remains a competently created TV show.

What will be tough:
                      1) being on late Monday night.
                      2) both science fiction and military genres falling more out of favor with TV-land.

Truth about the Season 3 ratings is, that while they were decent for a cable-only show and fairly consistent for SciFi, they were nothing to write home about. SciFi is putting out the $$ to MGM to deliver them a product whose expectations will be high. Because of #1 and #2 above SciFi may decide the ratings just aren't worth the $$ and would rather only pay $ which will likely be unacceptable to MGM and the creators.

Life is tough in business - it was amazing that SG-1 went 10 years, which is why everybody is celebrating it.

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
                        I suspect that this could end up being a tough season for SGA. Has nothing to do with Carter/Weir etc. It also has little to do with the show's quality overall, as long as it remains a competently created TV show.

What will be tough:
                        1) being on late Monday night.
                        2) both science fiction and military genres falling more out of favor with TV-land.

Truth about the Season 3 ratings is, that while they were decent for a cable-only show and fairly consistent for SciFi, they were nothing to write home about. SciFi is putting out the $$ to MGM to deliver them a product whose expectations will be high. Because of #1 and #2 above SciFi may decide the ratings just aren't worth the $$ and would rather only pay $ which will likely be unacceptable to MGM and the creators.

Life is tough in business - it was amazing that SG-1 went 10 years, which is why everybody is celebrating it.
                        Agree it will be tough but I think they can pull it off. Has this monday thing been confirmed?
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Magic 8-ball says: Try again.

I wouldn't know if Atlantis will make it to a 5th season.

With all the changes and the loss of loyal SGA-fans due to these changes, I'd have to say no. I mean, Skiffy won't gain more viewers. Any of the SG1-fans that tune in now will just fill up the hole that's left by the non-watching SGA-fans (not even sure there's enough to fill it all up).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see... (though I'm not keeping my hopes up too much)
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i picked dunno, but i can see it going five before they pull the plug.
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I don't want to be a messenger of doom here but sadly, the beginning of the end of good shows starts with weird cast/storyline changes plus change of time slot in the network. It happens every time...

Comment

Working...
                              X