X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BC304 Feature - [Spoiler from Dominion]

Out of curosity,

Spoiler:

In "The Shroud" Daniel was able to cloak Odyssey. Sam couldn't figure out how he did it, or how to take the cloak offline.

In Dominion, it seemed to show that they understood how to turn off the cloak off/on.

Does this mean that they can cloak the other BC304s using the same method of understanding?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Yeah i guess so but i think they used the ZPM but i am sure they could use naqudah generator's
    sigpic

Comment

interesting question
      though the episode never address's any of those questions
      Daniel must of done something while he had his prior abilities so i'de assume that while we can make the cloak work on the Odyssey we wouldn't be able to cloak the other Bc304's
      though why not just take a cloak from a cargo ship

Comment

I'm pretty convinced that Daniel's knowledge as a prior to cloak BC 304 is essentially the same knowledge as the Atlantians figuring out how to cloak their jumpers.

ie: Converting cloak to shield... Shield to cloak (atlantis, pj)
        Subspace Energy Technology Thread
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

As this is a Spoiler thread, I think it's alright to write without the whole 'spoiler thing'

The Odyssey was only able to cloak thanks to the Knowledge that was passed on to Daniel from Mariln. Once Marlin was gone from Daniels body, Daniel said that he cannot remember how he made the ship cloak but a ZPM helped in the process.
          Another thing is that I think that the Odyssey will use this cloaking ability in the next Stargate movie, which I believe that the Odyssey will travel (via hyperspace or supergate) to the Ori Galaxy. As they are cloaked the Ori will not be able to detect them.
          One thing that I would like to know that is the Odyssey cloaked or shifted to another dimension like the Sodam cloak. Because as far as I know, the Ori, Priors to be accurate can not detect matter in another dimension. Remember that Marlin was a Accent and the Sodan cloak was also Accent

VIEWS?

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Well let's see.. The 304 is man made.. Why couldn't we figure out some modifications made to it? All it takes is time. Something makes me think that Daniel added a new frequency to the shields, which works as a cloak.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
              As this is a Spoiler thread, I think it's alright to write without the whole 'spoiler thing'

The Odyssey was only able to cloak thanks to the Knowledge that was passed on to Daniel from Mariln. Once Marlin was gone from Daniels body, Daniel said that he cannot remember how he made the ship cloak but a ZPM helped in the process.
              Another thing is that I think that the Odyssey will use this cloaking ability in the next Stargate movie, which I believe that the Odyssey will travel (via hyperspace or supergate) to the Ori Galaxy. As they are cloaked the Ori will not be able to detect them.
              One thing that I would like to know that is the Odyssey cloaked or shifted to another dimension like the Sodam cloak. Because as far as I know, the Ori, Priors to be accurate can not detect matter in another dimension. Remember that Marlin was a Accent and the Sodan cloak was also Accent

VIEWS?
              The PJ cloak is also ancient.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                The PJ cloak is also ancient.
                Cloaking ain't that big thing if you ask me. Al'kesh could also cloak. We are at War with the Lucian Alliance. Why not thief a few from them?

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                  [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]

VIEWS?
                  I think it is probably just cloaked as whenever anything has been dimension-shifted in the past anything that is outside of that dimension has been shown in a blue light from the shifted individual's perspective.
                  As the Ori ship in 'The Shroud' and Ba`al's ship in 'Dominion' were normal colour, I think just from that that it is just a standard cloak functioning similar to the PJ cloak<>shield conversion

Comment

I think it's strange that the Ori can't detect cloaked ships, Anubis could.

Comment

doesn't the fact Daniel used knowledge as a prior to make the cloak mean technically the Ori should have cloaks aswell?

Comment

Might've been Merlin's knowledge; but one would assume the Ori would also be able to cloak stuff. The writers aren't however the most logical creatures, as they've shown several times

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                          Might've been Merlin's knowledge; but one would assume the Ori would also be able to cloak stuff. The writers aren't however the most logical creatures, as they've shown several times
                          Oh yer forgot about merlins knowledge but yer you'd assume they would.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            I think it's strange that the Ori can't detect cloaked ships, Anubis could.
                            Cloaked Cargo Ships was it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                              Why cloak a near invincible warship, when you can show off to people to make them to bow before their gods?

Comment

Working...
                              X