Clear All

Mediation (313)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "Mediation"

"Mediation"
    Ep: 3.13
    Release Date: March 8, 2007
    Written by Mike Coakley

This episode continues where "Pursuit" left off.
    Outstanding
    70.00%
    Good
    10.00%
    Fair
    10.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    10.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I thought that this was a very good two part episode. but will we ever see colonel saunders again or dead is he?

Comment

That was mind-blowingly awesome. Loved the Grant-ascendy bits. Brilliant twist on what the Book actually is - I never saw it coming.

Overall: ****

I cannot wait for the rest of this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        will we ever see colonel saunders again or dead is he?
        You never know...

Comment

Wow! Great episode, and I never thought I'd say this, but I am starting to like Sivok, he is someone who no mattr what fights for what he believes is right, and for the betterment of hisd people, so their people can control their own destinies. Great battle sequences too, a little quick though, the first one where Chase and co get captured felt like they should have put up much more of a fight, actually returned fire a little more.
          And also, the bits with Grant were pretty good, however I did not feel that this episode was mind blowing for his character development, nice episode, but I am still itching for more Grant development.
          Liked the whole bit also at the end, Sivok again. But I do wonder if they are maybe taking too many risks. Going alone in Enoly space, one ship, and the Enoly know it has been stolen.
          I honestly expected Johhny to be Nosah'trah, some of the hints that I picked up before finishing the episode.
          Another great episode I look forward to many more in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            I honestly expected Johhny to be Nosah'trah, some of the hints that I picked up before finishing the episode.
            Who's to say he wasn't Nosah'trah?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
              Who's to say he wasn't Nosah'trah?
              Great point, the twists that this series has gotten on as of late, it would not surprise me in the least.

Comment

Well, having finally managed to get the chance to read this, I'm going to say:

An excellent two-parter.
                Some really good action scenes and twists.

The future looks to be very interesting...

Great job, Mike.

Comment

There's a reason Mike is one of my favorite writers, and this episode is one of them. Loved seeing Sivok again. He's one of my favorite Reluctant Heroes.You seem to have become the guy who mostly writers Sivok and the Free Draque.

Nebulans. Loved them as usual. I would have liked it if Grant had ascended though. Could have made for some interesting stories! But never mind. The revelation regarding the book sure was interesting. I can't wait until we actually find it!

And now, it seems like the Enoly are going to become a real threat for the end of the season. I really can't wait for that. Awesome episode, Mike.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thanks for all the comments, guys. As usual, I'm flattered.

I thought that this was a very good two part episode. but will we ever see colonel saunders again or dead is he?
                    Well, right now, we know Saunders and Marcai were captured by the Enoly. It seems we get confirmation that one is dead and the other was tortured, but as Lenori suspects, Loral may very well be lying about Marcai. So perhaps we'll see some stories in the future that may answer some questions regarding either Saunders or Marcai.

There's a reason Mike is one of my favorite writers, and this episode is one of them. Loved seeing Sivok again. He's one of my favorite Reluctant Heroes.You seem to have become the guy who mostly writers Sivok and the Free Draque.
                    I've grown attached to Sivok and Lonik. One thing we'd like to do, though, is make it so they don't just show up for midseason and season finales. Next season, we may see them tied into some standalone/single part episodes that may or may not reveal significant backstory about the Draque.

And now, it seems like the Enoly are going to become a real threat for the end of the season. I really can't wait for that. Awesome episode, Mike.
                    We will be seeing more of the Enoly throughout the finale arc, but we won't see the true extent of the power they're attempting to gain until season four. One way or another, it shall come.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Wow.

That was brilliant! The fight scenes were amazing, I just wish they could have been filmed, it would have been great.

Many deep insights into the Enholy system of government (and very fitting, as we have recently had a state governmental election here).
                      A question, Does Loral now develop into a different caste of Enholy (as I thought the Regent was different, maybe he was just older)

Did not see the final twist coming, and I'd hate to be Grant trying to explain to Callan that he has to destroy the saviour of the Vorian people to save the universe.

Very human-form-replicator-esk mind games, and I think intentionally close to the Oma thing to make us think that it might be a trick at first, then not, then again, then not... anyways, it was very well written, and it should pen up some interesting things for the final arc.

Sivok is getting back into character again, and I agree with the previous poster that he should be in more stand-alones, but I don't think there is much space for stand-alones in your current lineup until season 4.

Keep up the good work.

p.s. When will the podcasts for these episodes be uploaded?

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
                        Many deep insights into the Enholy system of government (and very fitting, as we have recently had a state governmental election here).
                        A question, Does Loral now develop into a different caste of Enholy (as I thought the Regent was different, maybe he was just older)
                        The caste an Enoly belongs to is determined by their species. So that doesn't change by Loral having become the new Regent. The former Regent was a member of the "Alpha species," but much older than any others we've seen.

The Enoly species are all slightly different in appearance. This would definitely be more clear if we'd find someone who could do proper concept drawings for the Enoly (and other things). But for some reason that seems to have been a problem so far.

Still looking for concept artists, though.

Did not see the final twist coming, and I'd hate to be Grant trying to explain to Callan that he has to destroy the saviour of the Vorian people to save the universe.
                        Actually, the question is: how will all of this fit together? The finding of the Book and the fate of Vorian. Gotta wonder what's in store there.

Sivok is getting back into character again, and I agree with the previous poster that he should be in more stand-alones, but I don't think there is much space for stand-alones in your current lineup until season 4.
                        We're planning on seeing much more of Sivok in Season Four. We've discussed some interesting long term possibilities.

p.s. when will the podcasts for these episodes be uploaded?
                        I think it would be only fitting if for this one Mike and I could find some way of doing a podcast together. Perhaps that will happen at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                          The caste an Enoly belongs to is determined by their species. So that doesn't change by Loral having become the new Regent. The former Regent was a member of the "Alpha species," but much older than any others we've seen.
                          Ok, so they're not like bees and ants, in that all are genetically identical (sort of, some are haploid or diploid, but all have the same species) where a drone (I think, maybe a worker) can turn into a Queen if required.

The Enoly species are all slightly different in appearance. This would definitely be more clear if we'd find someone who could do proper concept drawings for the Enoly (and other things). But for some reason that seems to have been a problem so far.

Still looking for concept artists, though.
                          Yeah, that would be really good. If I was able to draw humanoids, I would do it for you.

I think it would be only fitting if for this one Mike and I could find some way of doing a podcast together. Perhaps that will happen at some point.
                          Maybe you could do it on Skype with a 3 way convo between you, Mike and the audio recorder? I think it will be good for the podcasts as a concept to have more people to talk about the episodes, as they do in DVD commentaries.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

I'm still racing to get caught up. This is has been one of my favourite Horizon two-part stories so far. It had everything, the Enoly revealtions were a great progression from what we already know about them. It's always great to see Sivok in action, and he really is becoming one of the strongest chracters of the series!

An outstanding pair of episodes!
                            I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I feel kind of bad that I am only writing my short reviews for this episode but Atlantis is more important. Good aspects
                              Enloy politics
                              info of the book
                              The Sentinels possible return
                              conflict with Lonik and Horizion
                              Sivok and Drueg
                              Nebulans
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X