PDA

View Full Version : The "Adrift" Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread .SPOILERS

Pages : [1] 2

daniejam
February 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Havnt seen a dedicated thread for this yet so post your ideas here of what you think will happen.

My idea

I think they will come up with some stupid ideas to waste time on loads of guesses that wont work, and the outcome will be 1 of 2 scenarios

1 - the deadalus / apollo or some other stupid new ship we have never heard about will show up and rescue every one, give up there zpm (apollo) and all will be good in the world again.

2 - after a few hours and with only minutes left of breathing air they will some how find another power supply in atlantis.

ideas please

asianmacker
February 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Im guessing this will happen:

The Apollo is in the Pegasus Galaxy still so its obviously going to be the only ship available to rescue Atlantis.

Either that or the Daedalus manages to get wind of the events and somehow gets their hands on a ZPM from Earth, flys to where Atlantis is and sends it to them so that they can power the stardrive again.

Also, i think the Asurans will attempt to track Atlantis down and the Wraith as well. They will both fly ships their to finish them off and a big show down will occur.

Now we wait 6 more months to see what happens :(

Starxgate
February 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I personally think the Asurans & Wraith will leave Atlantis alone. The Wraith only cares about one thing & that is to attack & feed on Earth. If they ever show up they will obviously be stopped Stargate style. But in the end I think the Asurans will come to the conclusion that Atlantis left & will not be coming back as it would be suicide. I think that the Asurans would come to the conclusion that they won their little war with the Atlantis team. In my opinion the only thing they need to worry about is either group attacking Earth. Atlantis itself should be in the safe zone as long as it stays away from Pegasus.

asianmacker
February 7th, 2007, 01:43 PM
To add, Joe Flanigan also stated in a interview that First Strike will lead the series into a new direction. Im guessing that Atlantis will probably relocate to a different homeworld allowing for new and more crazier storylines.......nothing wrong with that :cameron:

Detox
February 7th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Ok, here's what I think...

Adrift - This continues right after First Strike, they're stuck in space, and they don't know what to do, it might be a character centered episode.

Lifeline - They find the solution to their problems, and they're finally able to land Atlantis on a planet. Another idea, is that since the name of the episode is called Lifeline. Maybe someone from their past helps them out? Maybe Ford comes back, with the ZPM from the Brotherhood and gives it to the team?

Reunion - They re-establish contact with Earth. This is probably the episode where Weir's role gets reduced.

Lauriel
February 7th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Adrift - This continues right after First Strike, they're stuck in space, and they don't know what to do, it might be a character centered episode.

Lifeline - They find the solution to their problems, and they're finally able to land Atlantis on a planet. Another idea, is that since the name of the episode is called Lifeline. Maybe someone from their past helps them out? Maybe Ford comes back, with the ZPM from the Brotherhood and gives it to the team?

Reunion - They re-establish contact with Earth. This is probably the episode where Weir's role gets reduced.

Oh my! That sounds like a disturbingly logical chain of events. :p I think you have it there.

As for what the solution to their problems may be, I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of so far is that the Apollo was following , carrying the 'non-essential personel' that were evacuated. They'd be able to backtrack and help them out a little. If worst comes to worst they could beam the others off Atlantis and then the 24 hour limit is not a problem anymore, giving them time to get back to Midway and get a ZPM from Earth.

I like your Ford/Brotherhood idea.

czarjosh
February 7th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Any idea on when Season 4 will premier?

Copernicus
February 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
First, I'm pretty sure Sheppard will assume command and put out a distress call to anyone that can hear it.

Second, McKay and Zelenka will reduce the shield to its skin-tight size from The Rising in order to save power. This will leave parts of the city in open space, but it will open up the possibility for Atlantis to jump its central tower and save everyone while causing massive structural damage to the city. Possible dilemma, which is always fun.

Third, Dr. Keller will be with Weir in the infirmary trying to save her life, and Ronon and Teyla will probably be there because I can't think of anything for them to do.

jenks
February 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I reckon at some point Carter will come to the rescue in the ZPM powered odyssey...

Copernicus
February 7th, 2007, 07:06 PM
I reckon at some point Carter will come to the rescue in the ZPM powered odyssey...
Probably, but I'd rather that didn't happen.

*idea*

Have Atlantis, drifting, stumble across an also-damaged Odyssey.

Sauron18
February 7th, 2007, 07:38 PM
I hope:

We see some more of Oberoth, he's just a cool Asuran. It would also be enjoyable to see some Asuran warships....

dispader
February 7th, 2007, 08:59 PM
I hope:

We see some more of Oberoth, he's just a cool Asuran. It would also be enjoyable to see some Asuran warships....

Right on! I love that guy!

Detox
February 7th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Probably, but I'd rather that didn't happen.

*idea*

Have Atlantis, drifting, stumble across an also-damaged Odyssey.

Why would the Odyssey be damaged?

I hope:

Well, that'd be kinda hard seeing as he just NUKED their whole damn fleet!

jenks
February 7th, 2007, 09:09 PM

Well, that'd be kinda hard seeing as he just NUKED their whole damn fleet!

I don't think it would be hard at all, not considering how fast they seem to be able to build them.

Freekzilla
February 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I hope they kill off Jewel Staite's character as quickly as possible, replace atleast half of the writing team with NEW and fresh writers, bring back Paul/Carson somehow, send Sam Carter back to earth, and cut back on all the annoying "King Rodney McKay" bull, it's getting annoying and it's NOT "Stargate: Rodney". Or atleast it's not supposed to be. Otherwise, I won't be watching. Actually, I won't be watching Season 4 anyways, but on the off chance they get a season 5, TPTB had better clean up their acts if they want people to watch.

ussrelativity
February 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM

(hums the M*A*S*H theme)

I have some ideas for the Asurans. I will never refer to them as Replicators, since they are far off from what SG-1 and the Asgard faced.

I'll post up a few new posts tomorrow, since I cannot remain online long right now. I would definetely want to see David Ogden Stiers guest star in more episodes in the future. He is a great actor, and I see lots of potential for the character of "Oberoth".

As for Asuran warships, newer designs would be most enjoyable. I was able to determine from the "First Strike" screencaps that the ships were all Aurora-class, from what I saw. From my perspective now, the ships like the Aurora, the Orion, and the Tria are outdated. I can already start to picture what newer, more powerful ships that the Asurans would have developed over the course of 10,000 years.

Copernicus
February 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Any number of reasons. It does not have to be related to the Atlantis plot. I'd just like to see a balance of power in the first interaction between the team (most noticeably McKay) and Carter. So far, Carter has always been one step ahead, and I'd like to see that change in season four. Have her in just as dire straits as Atlantis so that it's not just her coming to the rescue but rather both groups helping each other.

Mitchell82
February 7th, 2007, 09:58 PM

Very likely.

Mitchell82
February 7th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I personally think the Asurans & Wraith will leave Atlantis alone. The Wraith only cares about one thing & that is to attack & feed on Earth. If they ever show up they will obviously be stopped Stargate style. But in the end I think the Asurans will come to the conclusion that Atlantis left & will not be coming back as it would be suicide. I think that the Asurans would come to the conclusion that they won their little war with the Atlantis team. In my opinion the only thing they need to worry about is either group attacking Earth. Atlantis itself should be in the safe zone as long as it stays away from Pegasus.

Doubt it. The Asurans are tricky little buggers and will want to finish the job. The Wraith will find them as well and will eventually have a showdown.

An-Alteran
February 7th, 2007, 10:31 PM
As for Asuran warships, newer designs would be most enjoyable. I was able to determine from the "First Strike" screencaps that the ships were all Aurora-class, from what I saw. From my perspective now, the ships like the Aurora, the Orion, and the Tria are outdated. I can already start to picture what newer, more powerful ships that the Asurans would have developed over the course of 10,000 years.
It seems all the Asurans know how to do is copy.
They can't really express much creativity.

They just copy... a lot.
I am betting that the entire Asuran planet was based to some degree on historic Ancient buildings, and the Asurans just made more.

AutumnDream
February 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM

So far he's the only Asuran who can actually act. All the others are so unbelievably cheesy, it becomes easy to imagine how sci-fi television is ridiculed by average West Wing watching folk. :rolleyes:

And to those who "refuse" to refer to Asurans as replicators, I would just like to point out that the show itself has done so on many occasions.

PG15
February 7th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah but..."Asurans" is so much shorter than "Replic...something".

You know? ;)

MessageMan
February 7th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Hmm after reading other posts i could kinda see this happening...

Adrift - Running low on time they must find a way to survive and then Rodney (or someone) thinks about when they first came to the city (when it was under water) and only parts of the city where protected by the shield (as someone stated above)...So the get everyone to evacuate to the center tower and change the shield to only protect that part.... Doing that could either by them more time or more power to get to the planet...(kinda going with the more time thing....) With there time extended they must think of a way to get out of this situation...

Lifeline - The Apollo Shows up but with there ship full they are unable to help.. Not having enough time to evac everyone from the city they send the apollo (With a jumper) to the nearest planet and send them back to earth to get the other ZPM(s)..(In the time they are waiting something bad happens... An enemy shows up or something..) Sheppard gets back with both or one of the other zpms (kinda thinking both since this situation is a little desperate but then again why risk sending both??)

They then land the planet and everyone is happy again....

Or

Maybe they decide to head back to the Milky Way and say screw this galaxy or just put a hold on it right now.... Reunion picks up and they land Atlantis at the aplha or beta sites or some other planet with a ocean... And then the fight will continue with the ori where sg1 left off at the end of season 10 and sg1 does there movies based on atlantis or with there help...

But i doubt that last part since they have so much left to explore in the Peagsus (sp?) Galaxy.... But it is a thought... Of course then they would lose ronon and Teyla....

I hope they kill off Jewel Staite's character as quickly as possible, replace atleast half of the writing team with NEW and fresh writers, bring back Paul/Carson somehow, send Sam Carter back to earth, and cut back on all the annoying "King Rodney McKay" bull, it's getting annoying and it's NOT "Stargate: Rodney". Or atleast it's not supposed to be. Otherwise, I won't be watching. Actually, I won't be watching Season 4 anyways, but on the off chance they get a season 5, TPTB had better clean up their acts if they want people to watch.

And as for the comment about Jewel Staite should leave atlantis.. I think she is a awsome character and will be a great asset to the show..(I loved her on firefly and serenity and if she is not going to be doing that any more then i would love to see her where she is..Sucks they killed carson off but they do tend to do this on shows... Remove characters one way or the other..)

I agree however that sam should not come to atlantis... While i love her character i just dont think she should be there.. But with Sg1 series ending i will enjoy seeing her still...

I also agree that the show relies to much on rodney... I mean i get the he is a super brilliant guy but give it a rest... Every dire situation that needs technically solved he does it.. Which is quite alot!!!

About the writers... They have sure kept me on my toes... I have loved every episode... and i am damn confident that they will have a season 5 and probably 6 but after that i dunno....

And i cant see how you are a true fan if you would abandon the show just like that...

asianmacker
February 7th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Any idea on when Season 4 will premier?

July is usually when its back on. So 6 more months :jack:

PhatChance
February 7th, 2007, 11:36 PM
July is usually when its back on. So 6 more months :jack:

Yup most likely. Season finale in June and returns 2-3 weeks later. LMAO.

till then I'll enjoy watching Monk and Psych on Fridays nights.

Psi
February 8th, 2007, 12:07 AM
The power problem seemed to surprise Rodney, his calculations showed they would have enough power.. and all of a sudden they didn’t. So there is likely a reason for the power loss.

My theory is that when the beam hit Atlantis (before the sheild came up) it did damage to some power systems. Maybe power distribution. Hence the power problem.

ziga1980
February 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM
people....there is no problem whatsoever with atlantis. they can have all the power they need in a second. remember that mckay and his sister were working on project arctrus...well a form of it. that means endless supply of power. just turn it on for the short period of time so you dont destroy the other universe (it's kinda populated).

if they dont resort to this solution i will be very much disappointed.

ussrelativity
February 8th, 2007, 12:10 PM
So far he's the only Asuran who can actually act. All the others are so unbelievably cheesy, it becomes easy to imagine how sci-fi television is ridiculed by average West Wing watching folk. :rolleyes:

And to those who "refuse" to refer to Asurans as replicators, I would just like to point out that the show itself has done so on many occasions.

The "Asuran" title is what makes them more unique.

sparkygate
February 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Hasnt anyone every thought that lifeline could be a weir based episode as you know she is dying and all.
Maybe in the adrift episode the atlantian team comes across a old ancient warship or something like a ancient satelite or maybe an old drone factory with a ZPM inside
As for the reunion episode i reckon it will be about how earth establishs connection will atlantis and introduction of new character

Freekzilla
February 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Hmm after reading other posts i could kinda see this happening...

Adrift - Running low on time they must find a way to survive and then Rodney (or someone) thinks about when they first came to the city (when it was under water) and only parts of the city where protected by the shield (as someone stated above)...So the get everyone to evacuate to the center tower and change the shield to only protect that part.... Doing that could either by them more time or more power to get to the planet...(kinda going with the more time thing....) With there time extended they must think of a way to get out of this situation...

Lifeline - The Apollo Shows up but with there ship full they are unable to help.. Not having enough time to evac everyone from the city they send the apollo (With a jumper) to the nearest planet and send them back to earth to get the other ZPM(s)..(In the time they are waiting something bad happens... An enemy shows up or something..) Sheppard gets back with both or one of the other zpms (kinda thinking both since this situation is a little desperate but then again why risk sending both??)

They then land the planet and everyone is happy again....

Or

Maybe they decide to head back to the Milky Way and say screw this galaxy or just put a hold on it right now.... Reunion picks up and they land Atlantis at the aplha or beta sites or some other planet with a ocean... And then the fight will continue with the ori where sg1 left off at the end of season 10 and sg1 does there movies based on atlantis or with there help...

But i doubt that last part since they have so much left to explore in the Peagsus (sp?) Galaxy.... But it is a thought... Of course then they would lose ronon and Teyla....

And as for the comment about Jewel Staite should leave atlantis.. I think she is a awsome character and will be a great asset to the show..(I loved her on firefly and serenity and if she is not going to be doing that any more then i would love to see her where she is..Sucks they killed carson off but they do tend to do this on shows... Remove characters one way or the other..)

I agree however that sam should not come to atlantis... While i love her character i just dont think she should be there.. But with Sg1 series ending i will enjoy seeing her still...

I also agree that the show relies to much on rodney... I mean i get the he is a super brilliant guy but give it a rest... Every dire situation that needs technically solved he does it.. Which is quite alot!!!

About the writers... They have sure kept me on my toes... I have loved every episode... and i am damn confident that they will have a season 5 and probably 6 but after that i dunno....

And i cant see how you are a true fan if you would abandon the show just like that...

Maybe I have higher standards than you do. Maybe I think Season 1 was a great start to a new series, but has since started going down hill. Maybe I am sick of all the stupid mistakes being made. The fact that you think Jewel is an "awesome character and a great asset to the show" proves that your standards of great acting are severely wanting. I've seen some of her other work, and her acting is just weak and bland. I've seen better acting in high school plays. And how would you know if her character is "awesome" or not, she's only been seen for 2 minutes in one episode. Basing the awesomeness of the character on 2 minutes is pure fanwank. Besides, Paul M./Beckett was a great asset to the show, and look what happened to him.

pheonix322
February 8th, 2007, 02:48 PM
The amount of screen time Jewel Staite had in 'First Stike' is not enough to judge her performance/character, but neither is it enough to condemn her. She has a very hard act following Carson and I for one don't evny her.

I agree that 'Reunion' will see Atlantis get back in touch with earth, but i can see Carter being swapped for Weir in this episode as well. I have a feeling that Weir will takes Woolsey's job at the IOA back on earth. Possibly Carter being put in charge of Atlantis?

I'd also be suprised if Atlantis bothers to set down on another planet, it would change the dynamic of the show, like Joe Flanigan suggested, if Atlantis was used like as a space ship/station. It feels to me that some of the episodes such as 'Echoes' and 'Submersion' were done while they had the chance to do those stories.

Lauriel
February 8th, 2007, 03:30 PM
The power problem seemed to surprise Rodney, his calculations showed they would have enough power.. and all of a sudden they didn’t. So there is likely a reason for the power loss.

My theory is that when the beam hit Atlantis (before the sheild came up) it did damage to some power systems. Maybe power distribution. Hence the power problem.
I like this idea. It's very plausible.

Hasnt anyone every thought that lifeline could be a weir based episode as you know she is dying and all.
Maybe in the adrift episode the atlantian team comes across a old ancient warship or something like a ancient satelite or maybe an old drone factory with a ZPM inside
As for the reunion episode i reckon it will be about how earth establishs connection will atlantis and introduction of new character
JM refered to it as a 'big op' episode. He didn't specify whether that meant medical operation or military operation or some other big undertaking. It could be about Wier. If they are going to deal with that rather than just reference it, they'll have to do it within the first few eps.

Enzo Aquarius
February 8th, 2007, 06:27 PM
McKay stated about the lack of power to activate the engines, I thought back to when the Asurans attempted to piggyback a virus onto Atlantis' communique...

I bet that, just like "The Intruder" from S2 that the Asurans were able to still get some form of virus into Atlantis which will interfere in Atlantis' operation in the beginning of Season 4. I wouldn't be amazed if it was also the reason why Rodney's calculations were off.

If "The Intruder" has taught me anything, it's to always suspect the unexpected (or to suspect the special guest, as Trek as taught me), and to think back to every instance in that episode.

Detox
February 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
people....there is no problem whatsoever with atlantis. they can have all the power they need in a second. remember that mckay and his sister were working on project arctrus...well a form of it. that means endless supply of power. just turn it on for the short period of time so you dont destroy the other universe (it's kinda populated).

if they dont resort to this solution i will be very much disappointed.

They didn't even finish the project. They shut it down because it was too dangerous. It was far from being able to provide power. Not to mention they need a ZPM to give it a power boost.

PG15
February 8th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Maybe I have higher standards than you do. Maybe I think Season 1 was a great start to a new series, but has since started going down hill. Maybe I am sick of all the stupid mistakes being made. The fact that you think Jewel is an "awesome character and a great asset to the show" proves that your standards of great acting are severely wanting. I've seen some of her other work, and her acting is just weak and bland. I've seen better acting in high school plays. And how would you know if her character is "awesome" or not, she's only been seen for 2 minutes in one episode. Basing the awesomeness of the character on 2 minutes is pure fanwank. Besides, Paul M./Beckett was a great asset to the show, and look what happened to him.

Standards are nothing more than a meaningless designation for differing opinions.

dispader
February 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Well, since there won't be anymore SG1 I think I would enjoy Atlantis having a trip to the MW. Not a permenant move or anything. Maybe to regroup, resupply, rethink the strategies for their enemys or perhaps just swing by for some Starbucks or something...

techjunkie
February 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Well kids, fellow lurkers, shrill lemmings and the like...

The Season ender kicked serious A$$.

Spectacular effects, and it got back to it's original premise. Atlantis as a character. Saaaaweeeeeeeet.

It got rid of the largest waste of time, which is IMO anything to do with Elizabeth Wier. She was and still is simply an administrator of the LARGEST discovery in human history. And what has she to show for it? NADA NOTHING ZIP. Seriously, she's added 2 new baddies to the mix, if anything. If I were the IOC, she'd get replaced with someone who HAS shown results. Hmmm... who could that be... Samantha Carter maybe?

Yes the show is off in a new direction, but it won't be lost in space.

Yes Sam does show up by episode 2 or 3, with her own ship.

And frankly - just as they discover something new - they blow it up (or destroy it in some fashion). It's time for a management change people!

Yeah, I liked Carson. No, I never cared for Ford or Wier. Sad for Carson to leave, but in the end, I think the new invigorated show is more to my liking.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Tech Junkie

travis
February 8th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Well kids, fellow lurkers, shrill lemmings and the like...

The Season ender kicked serious A$$.

Spectacular effects, and it got back to it's original premise. Atlantis as a character. Saaaaweeeeeeeet.

It got rid of the largest waste of time, which is IMO anything to do with Elizabeth Wier. She was and still is simply an administrator of the LARGEST discovery in human history. And what has she to show for it? NADA NOTHING ZIP. Seriously, she's added 2 new baddies to the mix, if anything. If I were the IOC, she'd get replaced with someone who HAS shown results. Hmmm... who could that be... Samantha Carter maybe?

Yes the show is off in a new direction, but it won't be lost in space.

Yes Sam does show up by episode 2 or 3, with her own ship.

And frankly - just as they discover something new - they blow it up (or destroy it in some fashion). It's time for a management change people!

Yeah, I liked Carson. No, I never cared for Ford or Wier. Sad for Carson to leave, but in the end, I think the new invigorated show is more to my liking.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Tech Junkie

Well here's my 2 cents

What you stated above has nothing to do with the characters its to do with the writing and directing of the show.

I guess all the fans have to wait to see how season four will unfold could be amazing could be crap.

Yes I like Weir and Ford. Was bit dissipointed to see him leave.
but frankly I dont give a hipopotamus ass about Carson departure just was'nt in to his character the way other fans are.

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2007, 11:00 PM

Thats what I thought. The beam didnt just graze the tower it hit a critical system.

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
The amount of screen time Jewel Staite had in 'First Stike' is not enough to judge her performance/character, but neither is it enough to condemn her. She has a very hard act following Carson and I for one don't evny her.

I agree that 'Reunion' will see Atlantis get back in touch with earth, but i can see Carter being swapped for Weir in this episode as well. I have a feeling that Weir will takes Woolsey's job at the IOA back on earth. Possibly Carter being put in charge of Atlantis?

I'd also be suprised if Atlantis bothers to set down on another planet, it would change the dynamic of the show, like Joe Flanigan suggested, if Atlantis was used like as a space ship/station. It feels to me that some of the episodes such as 'Echoes' and 'Submersion' were done while they had the chance to do those stories.

So far I feel it that Jewel did fine but you are correct it's too soon Also I agree on the points on Reunion as well.

Reaceania
February 9th, 2007, 12:00 AM
.... [my snip for space]

Third, Dr. Keller will be with Weir in the infirmary trying to save her life, and Ronon and Teyla will probably be there because I can't think of anything for them to do. Sweeping up in stargate operations? ;)

.... [my snip for space]
*waves* one right here. TWW is one of my all time favs. (Actually one of the few shows I've been addicted to that maintained my interest in the face of cast changes) But then I'm not average ... just like everyone else :D

Okay, here's my completely wild and random speculations off the top of my head and based on ep titles and really informative stuff like that. :D

Adrift: Okay obvious bet would be Atlantis is adrift ‘cause well it is. But there could be additional meanings/stories here e.g., nothing like a good EVA in a sci-fi to fix something on your space station/flying city and accidently become dadadaaa adrift (probably too cliché). One might assume that there might be some frantic attempts to save Weir, and so at a stretch Weir could also be said to be adrift in a b story.
I half expect something to go wrong here. Either the shield partially fails venting sections of the city to space (kind of like what happened in Rising. Actually that’s an idea, why not restrict the shield to the central tower and the area where the chair is and extend the life of the zpm?) or they come across more bad guys in their random place in space, the Asuran virus got through or something just plain bad will happen. They only have a skeleton crew so if Teyla/Ronon aren’t keeping vigil with Weir I’d be expecting them helping out somewhere. Not everything that needs doing is tech or science based (actually I’d expect them to be doing this rather than always sitting vigil – with a skeleton crew it’s going to be all hands).

Lifeline: Not sure. Rodney saves the day by working out a way to follow their own trail back to a known place in the PG or by establishing some sort of contact with the Apollo/Odyssey/Daedalus/ which they can either follow back to a known point in space or said ship can use to find Atlantis? The trail or contact signal becomes the lifeline? Oh wait B5 flashback, a squadron of 302s form a dispersed line/chain and hence lifeline back through hyperspace to where they started How’s that? Okay they don’t have 302s .. a line of puddlejumpers then. :D Or John uses the chair or ancient tech to do the same. At the same time Weir gets a lifeline (I’ll add in some controversy in there as to the type of lifeline such as nanites or dodgy ancient device that has 50% chance of doing something bad to you) from near death? It’s “the big op eppy” (I’m assuming this is a mil op rather than the medical variety).

I’ll give a 99.7% probability to [I]Reunion being the one where Carter turns up. “Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.” is a line from that spoiler rhyme in JM's blog. Going on a multiple reunion threads in the story, they’re what, reunited with the rest of the universe heh, Rodney and Carter are reunited? LORNE! (let them be reunited with Lorne :)) Any chance Jeannie could be on the same ship with Carter, helping out with their efforts to regain contact with Atlantis or are they saving her for a later episode? Weir gets reunited with the Asurans or wakes up from a coma and so is reunited with the team?? A can imagine some action and character moments in here which would go along with JM’s comment on the rewrite of the script offering “plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story.”
[Anyone from the production staff reading this is probably *LTAO* at what I've written :)]

The rhyme (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=41)in JM's blog to add to the speculation:

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,
While the team will explore that dark sunken lair.

For one player worship, adoration and fame,
As he and his rival find it’s more than a game.

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.
Find the wraith and our allies have something in common.

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage.
A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village.

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn.
A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,
While the thinker receives an enlightening shock.

Mutations discovered, O’Neill is all wet.
With a change of location all will forget.

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction.
Our hand will be forced by ominous construction.

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.
One of our own the enemy courts.

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms,
While an alien contact this player dooms.

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance

Scheduling conflicts, production demands,
Changes necessitate all won’t go as planned.
But let’s hope these ideas do well find their way,
And all see the light of a t.v. one day.

“The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more.”

^^I hope Weir doesn't get shipped off to Earth or anything like that. Elizabeth is pretty central to my involvement in and enjoyment of this show (if she goes from the show my interest will probably go with her). I'm trying to be optimistic about their plans for her. :( :(

Wormhole
February 9th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Adrift: Stuck in the middle of nowhere, with little power.

Lifeline: This episode I’ve got a feeling Weir is going to be there Lifeline for getting things up and running, because won’t they need her command codes?

Reunion: Re-establishing contact, with the other ships

Doubelganger: I think will be seeing more of Oberoth

ata_beckett
February 9th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Adrift: Stuck in the middle of nowhere, with little power.

Lifeline: This episode I’ve got a feeling Weir is going to be there Lifeline for getting things up and running, because won’t they need her command codes?

Reunion: Re-establishing contact, with the other ships

Doubelganger: I think will be seeing more of Oberoth

I think you just need command codes from two senior officers-- not specifically Weir.

Unamed
February 9th, 2007, 07:43 AM
I think you just need command codes from two senior officers-- not specifically Weir.

plus it would be pretty silly if only her codes worked because of something like this happening they'd be prety screwed

Wormhole
February 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
True most of the time it did need two to enter the code, but it has happened before with The Long Goodbye Rodney had to override them.

Could be a reason for Carter coming in? To help fix things.

mcbarr
February 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM
The only way I see the Atlantis expedition convincingly getting out of this one alive is by reprogramming Atlantis' Stargate, and evacuating the crew to a safe planet. They have 24 hours. It can't be that hard, right?

Then some people (you know who) could stay behind to reroute Atlantis' controls to a sealed section of the city, so they can disable the shield and use the extra power to resume course to mentioned planet.

I'll be very disappointed if another "ZedPM" pops out of nowhere...

J_B
February 9th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Havnt seen a dedicated thread for this yet so post your ideas here of what you think will happen.[/spoiler]

ideas please

There is already a thread started before this one that shows how users think they'll get out of it!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40385

Chailyn
February 9th, 2007, 09:54 AM
You all have some great ideas. I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I hope it isn't:

Sheppard: We have a spare ZPM?
Rodney: Didn't I tell you?
Shepaprd: No...
Rodney: I took it from those people, you know, when you weren't looking
Sheppard: Really?
Rodney: Yeah, pretty much.
Sheppard: Cool.

:P

Anyway, I don't know if they'll make it to a new water planet. If they do, the only thing I'm hoping for is that this new planet isn't exactly similiar to the old one. It would suck if they kept using the old "Atlantis sitting on water" visual shots. :P

nemisis
February 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
erm... now this is a dilemor lol;)

hmm i think that samantha carter will be in between gaxliys working on the tria (return part 1) and she recives a destress call nowing that the ship is with out sheilds, they have fixed there hyperdrive (asgard) she sets of in hope of rescuring atlantis, she gets there and every one is evacuated to the tria as the call for the odessy (the city is powered down to save the zpm just a random guest (more like what id like to see). lol just an idea

Col. Shadow Quinn
February 9th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Adrift: Atlantis is in the middle of nowhere and can't be found. McKay dies saving Atlantis.
Lifeline: They bring McKay back to life using ancient technology.

Reunion: They reestablish contact with Earth

Freekzilla
February 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Standards are nothing more than a meaningless designation for differing opinions.

hmmm, well, I dunno. It's like comparing Robert DeNiro to Johnny Knoxville. There will be plenty of people that say either one is a great actor, but come on, that's not even close. Knoxville is not even in the same league as DeNiro, not even close. As a film critic once told me, there is a big difference between a good movie and an entertaining one. Just because you thoroughly enjoyed a movie doesn't mean it was a good movie, it was just a very entertaining one. DeNiro is a good actor, Knoxville is an entertaining actor. Big difference. And it's one many people confuse thoroughly. Know what I'm saying?

dubya83
February 9th, 2007, 05:28 PM
It's actually a fair conclusion that Sam could command Odyssey. We actually haven't met whatever colonel replaced Emerson after "Company of Thieves" assuming someone did on a permanent basis.

MessageMan
February 9th, 2007, 06:17 PM
hmmm, well, I dunno. It's like comparing Robert DeNiro to Johnny Knoxville. There will be plenty of people that say either one is a great actor, but come on, that's not even close. Knoxville is not even in the same league as DeNiro, not even close. As a film critic once told me, there is a big difference between a good movie and an entertaining one. Just because you thoroughly enjoyed a movie doesn't mean it was a good movie, it was just a very entertaining one. DeNiro is a good actor, Knoxville is an entertaining actor. Big difference. And it's one many people confuse thoroughly. Know what I'm saying?

The Difference between a Good Movie and an Entertaining is the person watching it and there opinion. The same with Knoxville and DeNiro... Whether they are good actors or not is up to the person watching whatever movie they are in.. One person could say he sucks another could say he was the best actor of all time... But the fact is that it is an opinion... Movie Critics also form there own opinions about movies/actors and thats when we get Movie reviews... Just because i say Doom was the best movie ever, does not make it a fact nor does it make it false...(Doom is a good movie... Maybe not that best but it was good... Based off the computer game it sucked though..) It makes it an opinion and you or anyone else can not change that...

PG15
February 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Certainly. But come on, there such a gulf between DeNiro and Knoxville that it's not even funny. What we have here is one product with vastly differing opinions. Unlike your example, it's not at all obvious what is good and what is not.

Standards may apply sometimes, but IMHO not here.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2007, 06:46 PM
It's actually a fair conclusion that Sam could command Odyssey. We actually haven't met whatever colonel replaced Emerson after "Company of Thieves" assuming someone did on a permanent basis.

I agree and for one it doesnt bother me.

daniejam
February 10th, 2007, 02:50 AM
There is already a thread started before this one that shows how users think they'll get out of it!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40385

that is a thread based on one persons speculation, not an invitation for everyone to post there speculations.

pavaneofstars
February 10th, 2007, 10:16 AM
You all have such interesting ideas. :) Sadly, I don't have anything original to add. :P

Devmen
February 10th, 2007, 04:13 PM
does anyone know when season four will start?

Lauriel
February 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM
does anyone know when season four will start?

Around July sometime seems to be the general consensus, but that is only if they continue straight on from the second half of s3 which is airing in April. If they have (another) hiatus, it could be later in the year.

BTW, welcome to GW. :)

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Around July sometime seems to be the general consensus, but that is only if they continue straight on from the second half of s3 which is airing in April. If they have (another) hiatus, it could be later in the year.

BTW, welcome to GW. :)

Most likely season 3 will air from April to mid july . If it starts in the begining of April mid july would be 10 weeks or 10 eps. then likely start in mid aug.

vymas
February 11th, 2007, 12:52 AM
:cool: It's all speculation, folks. Considering that the networks will pre-empt any episode to show us a movie re-run or an earlier episode, it could be early september before they allow us our fix. However, the Reunion could be about the emergence of a few ancients that were presumed dead and ended up where the crew now find themselves. That way, McKay would not only be put in his place, but many of the missing historical events would open more story lines for the grasping writers. The city could become more operational for the wars to come, new threats would show themselves and maybe, there will be a crossover between galaxies. I'd really like to see the wraith go toe to toe with the ori, the reps or even the Asgard before they die out.

SGFerrit
February 11th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Or

Hmm, that got me thinking.

We know that the Wraith and the Asurans both want to get to Earth now. And now that Atlantis can fly, It COULD possibly get to the Milky way. SG-1 won't be on with Atlantis, and the Ori aren't going to be a threat in the MW anymore. Perhapse Atlantis does come back to our galaxy, but the Wraith and the Asurans manage to follow the city? That puts Earth in SERIOUS Peril as well as the city, and isn't that what the Wraith story has been leading up to since the first episode? Plus it may help explain how Sam is there?

I don't know, it's probably not right but it's just an idea.

Xeon_1
February 11th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Hmm, that got me thinking.

We know that the Wraith and the Asurans both want to get to Earth now. And now that Atlantis can fly, It COULD possibly get to the Milky way. SG-1 won't be on with Atlantis, and the Ori aren't going to be a threat in the MW anymore. Perhapse Atlantis does come back to our galaxy, but the Wraith and the Asurans manage to follow the city? That puts Earth in SERIOUS Peril as well as the city, and isn't that what the Wraith story has been leading up to since the first episode? Plus it may help explain how Sam is there?

I don't know, it's probably not right but it's just an idea.

i don't know i think that is a bit far fetched
but i could see atlantis returning to earth for repairs for an episode or two
and then going back to pegasus

goo321
February 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
To add, Joe Flanigan also stated in a interview that First Strike will lead the series into a new direction. Im guessing that Atlantis will probably relocate to a different homeworld allowing for new and more crazier storylines.......nothing wrong with that :cameron:oh good, I thought they might not survive being stranded in space.

Death From Above
February 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM
They get to 'a' planet (some kind of safety protocol has to be overiden to get Atlantis back into hyperspace). They land on the new planet, point origin is void and the ZPM is depleted. And the SGC has no idea where they are...

luvmac
February 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
The rhyme (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=41)in JM's blog to add to the speculation:

Atlantis assailed by the stuff of nightmares,
While the team will explore that dark sunken lair.

For one player worship, adoration and fame,
As he and his rival find it’s more than a game.

Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.
Find the wraith and our allies have something in common.

A tech-savvy group who progress via pillage.
A wild west High Noon in an inapt Dutch village.

Too late the value of that friendship he’ll learn.
A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn.

Find survivors concealed in an orbiting rock,
While the thinker receives an enlightening shock.

Mutations discovered, O’Neill is all wet.
With a change of location all will forget.

Hyperion’s wrath threatens total destruction.
Our hand will be forced by ominous construction.

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts.
One of our own the enemy courts.

Isolation imposed and a grand battle looms,
While an alien contact this player dooms.

Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.

From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence
While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance

Scheduling conflicts, production demands,
Changes necessitate all won’t go as planned.
But let’s hope these ideas do well find their way,
And all see the light of a t.v. one day.

“The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. Only one of the stanzas refers to only one episode. The others refer to two and occasionally more.”

Using the little rhyme from JM and how the lines refer to the present and season 4 shows I'm guessing:

While an alien contact this player dooms. - I think maybe this one refers to Adrift. With the rumors that McKay dies in the first episode I think that maybe they go to a planet trying to find something to save Atlantis. They find it but in the process McKay is mortally injured and dies.

A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn. - I think this one may refer to Doppleganger given what a doppleganger is. Maybe it also has to do with the references to a difference in McKay if he indeed dies and is brought back to life somehow different.

Carter arrives; a reunion of sorts. - Um I guess this kind of obviously would be what the Reunion episode is about. We've already been told Carter shows up in a ship (whether the Odyssey, Tria or some other vessel).

While the late fallen one makes a surprised reappearance - I think this would have something to do with Carson Beckett.

Haven't quite decided which line I think would best fit the episode Lifeline though but the one I'm leaning towards most is... With a change of location all will forget.

Ehecatl
February 12th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I bet that they'll use the puddle jumpers in some way.

Darkwander
February 13th, 2007, 12:57 AM
When is the New Season Shown on TV?

metabog
February 13th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Best way to conserve shield power:

Get the shield to work in bubbles containing only individual members :D it cand just follow them around, thus not needing to create a shield over the entire city. Too bad I'm not there to come up with the ideea and save the day.

Darkwander
February 13th, 2007, 03:21 AM
Best way to conserve shield power:

Get the shield to work in bubbles containing only individual members :D it cand just follow them around, thus not needing to create a shield over the entire city. Too bad I'm not there to come up with the ideea and save the day.

That wouldnt work, they would need to carry something like a sheild emmitter to have a Shield around them, also power source, i can't see that idea working in pratice.

metabog
February 13th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Exactly they could use some of those portable shields Dr. McKay found. Send a team in search of some of those things. Then there would be no need to power the shields at all considering there are only a few people left in atlantis.

BewareofthePhil
February 13th, 2007, 04:55 AM
Exactly they could use some of those portable shields Dr. McKay found. Send a team in search of some of those things. Then there would be no need to power the shields at all considering there are only a few people left in atlantis.

Except they'd still need to pump life support into those areas. Lucius proved that you still need to breathe when using a sheild :-p

metabog
February 13th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Except they'd still need to pump life support into those areas. Lucius proved that you still need to breathe when using a sheild :-p

Dammit there must be a way. :D

And I really really hope the writers think of an ingenious way instead of just bringing in the Apollo.

zilexa
February 13th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Havnt seen a dedicated thread for this yet so post your ideas here of what you think will happen.

My idea

I think they will come up with some stupid ideas to waste time on loads of guesses that wont work, and the outcome will be 1 of 2 scenarios

1 - the deadalus / apollo or some other stupid new ship we have never heard about will show up and rescue every one, give up there zpm (apollo) and all will be good in the world again.

2 - after a few hours and with only minutes left of breathing air they will some how find another power supply in atlantis.

ideas please

Totally agree with your ideas and also the way you write it.
It's been a pretty cheap season.. the final episode First Strike doesn't fit the rest of the season at all.. but they had to make it big since they need viewers for S4.
So my guess is it will be one of those options..

I love Stargate but the ways things have gone.. especially with (no more) SG-1, and no more Asgards..

captainpash
February 13th, 2007, 12:23 PM
How about we leave the pegaus galaxy, and have the asguard take out the peguas replicators, and the wraith, and then we all fight the Ori on atlantis which to be honest is our only good defense.

Darkwander
February 13th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Hmmm, I wonder...

They are floating in Space and ZPM's need Subspace to Charge, i wonder if Atlantis will be able to draw power from subspace while floating in space, it couldnt have done it before because they were on the planet and they need to be in space.

Copernicus
February 15th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Currently, Atlantis has 24 hours of power left before its shield shuts down and our heroes all die. At this time, there are two "outs" for the team that do not involve a deus ex machina (like Carter or Ford randomly showing up):

They get more power to use the hyperdrive.
They recalibrate the gate to dial out.

I find the second option far more plausible than the first. The personnel in the city has already been reduced to the minimum numbers required. If they can recalibrate the gate to dial even one other planet, the can take the jumpers from there. They can stick Weir in stasis (Before I Sleep), and possible even get the jumpers some hyperspace travel (Tao of Rodney). More importantly, they can slowly depressurize the city so that when the shield goes down the city is left completely intact, albeit it drifting in the middle of nowhere.

From there, the first part of season four could be about finding a power source (much like the season one that so many are fond of) so they can get back to the city. They would not be able to dial earth (no ZPM) and earth would not be able to dial them (the Atlantis gate isn`t fully recalibrated). Basically, you have the team living out of jumpers for the first part. They could make contact with the Athosians again or even the Genii, which would allow for a couple of episodes with the team looking for help but having no one able to give it to them.

From there, I would imagine you could have the team run across the Apollo, but have Ellis have orders to consider the city lost and return the team to earth. The team, unwilling to give up on Weir and their home, would refuse and escape, which would in turn require Ellis to pursue them as a sort of Jean Valjean character: not evil, but understandably dislikable.

As Ellis fails to capture our heroes, have him recalled to earth and replaced by Carter who will be commanding a different ship. In the same episode, have the team secure a power source and return to the city. Weir, who has now been gone for five or six episodes, is revived, but the team is still wanted by earth for disobeying direct orders. Colonel Carter arrives at the city, well aware that it does not have enough power to put up a fight, but she has been followed by either the Wraith or the Asurans, who destroy her ship but hesitate to attack Atlantis as Weir bluffs them into thinking they are far more able to defend themselves than they really are. Carter and her crew are now marooned on Atlantis.

From there, you can continue on with a normal season.

ussrelativity
February 15th, 2007, 11:35 AM
I like the idea of using jumpers as close quarters, and for mainstream exploration for another ZPM. I still wonder how the Daedalus would fit in.

Astrofighter
February 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
eh, that would be a huge reset and i dont see it happening

we have two ships dedicated to the pegasus galaxy

plus there is the gate network, as soon as rodney were to get any gate working he would be able to access it and get back to earth, plus on top of that amanda tapping is going to be in at least 14 episodes...she has to get there some how

ussrelativity
February 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM

plus there is the gate network, as soon as rodney were to get any gate working he would be able to access it and get back to earth, plus on top of that amanda tapping is going to be in at least 14 episodes...she has to get there some how

Maybe she comes in a Puddle-Jumper! :sam:

Copernicus
February 15th, 2007, 12:26 PM

We currently have two ships. However, if earth decides to cut its losses with Atlantis, as I predicted, that is no longer the case.

I haven't thought about what to do with the midway station yet.

I already explained how Amanda Tapping would arrive.

Sicktem
February 15th, 2007, 01:03 PM
If they can use the gate, they can dial Earth. If they can dial Earth they can get them to loan them their 2 ZPMs (assuming one wasn't destroyed in the Ori attack - I doubt both will be lost since 1 is always on Earth). From there it would take them a half hour to ship one over through the gatenetwork and that should hold them over until the Odyssey returns with the other. Once that's done they can use the power to continue on to their new planet and return Earth's ZPMs when they're done. I really doubt Earth would refuse their offer if they have them to spare (it's also possible one is being used in keeping Earth in another dimension so the Ori can't attack, but it would be pretty hard to explain a worldwide white light to people if they intend to keep the stargate program secret). Despite what has happened they still want to keep Atlantis if they can, but if they deem it necessary to protect Earth they have no problem sacrificing it. Yet this is not such a situation.

Now, if they can't dial the gate that means they either have to find a way to get enough power out of it to continue as you said in point #1 or they have to have the Apollo rescue them. If the Apollo rescues them all they have to do is take the ZPM and control crystal for activating the 8th chevon and they can contact Earth on any other planet and simply work out a way to borrow ZPMs that way. If doing so still does not yield enough power they can grab the ZPM that was powering the time dialation field in Epiphany and either return it when they're done or decide to keep it since Weir possibily isn't around to put morals first (now that the people living there are ascended they are bound by the Ancient's rules and cannot stop them without getting themselves into trouble).

Detox
February 15th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Currently, Atlantis has 24 hours of power left before its shield shuts down and our heroes all die. At this time, there are two "outs" for the team that do not involve a deus ex machina (like Carter or Ford randomly showing up):

They get more power to use the hyperdrive.
They recalibrate the gate to dial out.

I find the second option far more plausible than the first. The personnel in the city has already been reduced to the minimum numbers required. If they can recalibrate the gate to dial even one other planet, the can take the jumpers from there. They can stick Weir in stasis (Before I Sleep), and possible even get the jumpers some hyperspace travel (Tao of Rodney). More importantly, they can slowly depressurize the city so that when the shield goes down the city is left completely intact, albeit it drifting in the middle of nowhere.

From there, the first part of season four could be about finding a power source (much like the season one that so many are fond of) so they can get back to the city. They would not be able to dial earth (no ZPM) and earth would not be able to dial them (the Atlantis gate isn`t fully recalibrated). Basically, you have the team living out of jumpers for the first part. They could make contact with the Athosians again or even the Genii, which would allow for a couple of episodes with the team looking for help but having no one able to give it to them.

From there, I would imagine you could have the team run across the Apollo, but have Ellis have orders to consider the city lost and return the team to earth. The team, unwilling to give up on Weir and their home, would refuse and escape, which would in turn require Ellis to pursue them as a sort of Jean Valjean character: not evil, but understandably dislikable.

As Ellis fails to capture our heroes, have him recalled to earth and replaced by Carter who will be commanding a different ship. In the same episode, have the team secure a power source and return to the city. Weir, who has now been gone for five or six episodes, is revived, but the team is still wanted by earth for disobeying direct orders. Colonel Carter arrives at the city, well aware that it does not have enough power to put up a fight, but she has been followed by either the Wraith or the Asurans, who destroy her ship but hesitate to attack Atlantis as Weir bluffs them into thinking they are far more able to defend themselves than they really are. Carter and her crew are now marooned on Atlantis.

Your theory doesn't seem likely. Like someone already mentioned, that's more of a hard reset rather than a soft one.

From what I can tell, Atlantis will resume its normal operations by Episode 5. It'll probably find a new power source (Not a ZPM from Earth) in episode 3. And then reunite with Earth and add Carter to the cast in episode 4.

Orion's Star
February 15th, 2007, 01:46 PM

A normal season? Please explain to me how those who were left behind on Atlantis and are now on the run could possibly return to Earth, why they would be allowed to stay in a newly recovered Atlantis, and why they would not be in jail (especially the military personnel), after going rogue, disobeying orders, and ruining any shred of credibility or trust that those on Earth might have with them. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far, but when you go to the length of having someone chase them down and capture them because they no longer accept the authority of their superiors (both military and civilian), there is not much you can do from there.

J_B
February 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I don't think they'll abaondon it & put Weir in stasis. They said at current power levels, they only had 24 hours left. Therefore at the end of it no life support, no shields or whatever.

What I see them doing is finding out that the Stardrive shut down because of a safety measure. It detected dangerously low levels of power, so shut itself down automatically to save on power.

McKay will eventually figure out how to override this safety protocol. Get the SD fired back up. That drains power much quicker. It gets them to their original destination within a few hours. However just as they get there, the ZPM conks out & goes dead.

The other out I can see is that the Apollo finds them, then tows them back into HS to their new home.

If it were me in charge, I'd shake it up totally!

I would let them lose Atlantis to the Wraith or to a lesser extent the Asurans. They lose the city for at least half a season, so are forced to gate to the planet that has the sister city on it. They use that as their new base of operations. That makes them start from scratch again, working to repair the damaged city, get it working, as well as their ultimate goal to re-capture Atlantis back from their enemies.

Meanwhile after Earth learns of them losing Atlantis, they call back all 304's for defensive postitions incase of an impending Wraith attack on the MW. The IOA decides that the SGA expedition members are expendable & that's it's in the best interests to leave them for dead.

Such a scenario cuts out the regular contact with Earth, it takes out the 304's & their beaming tech. It leaves them in a brand new already severely damaged city. They are without power, not knowing what's going on around them.

It allows them to take it from the begiining again & start adding the dread factor back into eps. However I don't think they'd ever be bold enough to take steps.

That's why I see them sorting Atlantis out in the very 1st ep. While the second one will be some sort of operation to get them a new ZPM or power source.

A few eps in, Carter will arrive & they'll take it from there.

Ace
February 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM
I like that idea... I wish they would use it, but I don't see it happening.

Ace

Avenger
February 15th, 2007, 09:46 PM
They can't dial the gate because there is no origin point. That's just not going to happen.

Copernicus
February 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM
A normal season? Please explain to me how those who were left behind on Atlantis and are now on the run could possibly return to Earth, why they would be allowed to stay in a newly recovered Atlantis, and why they would not be in jail (especially the military personnel), after going rogue, disobeying orders, and ruining any shred of credibility or trust that those on Earth might have with them. Suspension of disbelief can only go so far, but when you go to the length of having someone chase them down and capture them because they no longer accept the authority of their superiors (both military and civilian), there is not much you can do from there.
I've already stated they would be cut off from earth. The question then becomes if earth is willing to muster the force necessary to take Atlantis by force from their own people. I think it is reasonable to assume that the IOA would cut its losses at that point, despite possible objections from military brass, especially considering that earth won't know Atlantis' gate address and the expedition will not be likely to dial earth given what they have done.

They can't dial the gate because there is no origin point. That's just not going to happen.
Tell that to the gate bridge and Baal's attempt to start his own network of Stargates. It's not impossible; it merely requires some reprogramming, and McKay already has experience doing so in the aforementioned gate bridge incident.

As for the gate bridge, and I recognize this requires some suspension of disbelief, I say that they trying dialing it up, but that one the links in the chains has been knocked of course for any number of reasons, which in turn causes them to spit out early. As such, they have to turn around and head back to Pegasus.

A hard reset would be retconning the show. This does not change any of the past events, so I still consider it a reset.

Sicktem
February 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Actually there is an origin point, they just don't know what it is because Mckay does not know where exactly they are (they're lost). Mckay made this very clear when explaining the situation to Telya and so all he has to do is somehow pinpoint their location and they can dial away. The only thing that they didn't make clear is why Atlantis' sensors cannot tell them where they are for them, but I suppose they will expand on it in the next episode.

Copernicus
February 15th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Actually there is an origin point, they just don't know what it is because Mckay does not know where exactly they are (they're lost). Mckay made this very clear when explaining the situation to Telya and so all he has to do is somehow pinpoint their location and they can dial away. The only thing that they didn't make clear is why Atlantis' sensors cannot tell them where they are for them, but I suppose they will expand on it in the next episode.
Exactly, so divert the remaining power to powering the sensors (say cut their time in half), prepare to leave, and either hook up a naquadah reactor or divert the rest of the power to that stasis chamber.

2ndgenerationalteran
February 16th, 2007, 01:46 AM
as i've said before the most likely thing to happen is they contact the Apollo, mcay realizes where they are and tells them their location. The Apollo dials earth via the intergalactic bridge (IGB) to tell them to recall the Odyssey's ZPM. They send the ZPM through either the IGB or directly through the stargate (would have required the Apollo to have the crystal that allows other galaxies to dial in) the crew recieves it, rushes back to Atlantis and they beam the ZPM on and they have full power again. It should be take under 24 hours to pull that off.

Orion's Star
February 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
I've already stated they would be cut off from earth. The question then becomes if earth is willing to muster the force necessary to take Atlantis by force from their own people. I think it is reasonable to assume that the IOA would cut its losses at that point, despite possible objections from military brass, especially considering that earth won't know Atlantis' gate address and the expedition will not be likely to dial earth given what they have done.

I'm not sure I understand, you clearly mentioned Carter coming to the PG and interacting with Atlantis and its residents. Why would Carter even go to PG in the first place if the IOA was cutting its losses? And how would Carter ever be able to find Atlantis at all?

The Ori
February 16th, 2007, 05:18 AM
I soo hope a new alien race that can be our ally comes to help us!!

Copernicus
February 16th, 2007, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure I understand, you clearly mentioned Carter coming to the PG and interacting with Atlantis and its residents. Why would Carter even go to PG in the first place if the IOA was cutting its losses? And how would Carter ever be able to find Atlantis at all?
From the IOA's point of view, there would be two different scenarios, each provoking different responses.

The first is that you have a band of renegades somewhere in the Pegasus galaxy who could easily be captured by the Wraith until they reveal the location of earth. At that point, locating them and scooping them up would be easy, and thus worth sending a ship to Pegasus.

The second, however, is that your band of renegades has settled in a hidden city with shields capable of protecting them. This does two things. It greatly reduces the chances that this group will be captured by the Wraith, and it greatly reduces your ability to capture them. At that point, it becomes wiser to cut your losses with Atlantis rather than muster a large force.

What I would suggest is that Carter, who is pursuing them under the first assumption, gets stranded on Atlantis as they are coming back to the city (see my previous comments). The IOA thinks their ship has been destroyed, furthering their belief that they cannot take Atlantis, so they do not send any more ships. The expedition, thinking they are in trouble with earth already, does not contact earth. Thus, by basic misunderstanding, we have a situation in which Atlantis is cut off.

Orion's Star
February 16th, 2007, 01:26 PM
From the IOA's point of view, there would be two different scenarios, each provoking different responses.

The first is that you have a band of renegades somewhere in the Pegasus galaxy who could easily be captured by the Wraith until they reveal the location of earth. At that point, locating them and scooping them up would be easy, and thus worth sending a ship to Pegasus.

The second, however, is that your band of renegades has settled in a hidden city with shields capable of protecting them. This does two things. It greatly reduces the chances that this group will be captured by the Wraith, and it greatly reduces your ability to capture them. At that point, it becomes wiser to cut your losses with Atlantis rather than muster a large force.

What I would suggest is that Carter, who is pursuing them under the first assumption, gets stranded on Atlantis as they are coming back to the city (see my previous comments). The IOA thinks their ship has been destroyed, furthering their belief that they cannot take Atlantis, so they do not send any more ships. The expedition, thinking they are in trouble with earth already, does not contact earth. Thus, by basic misunderstanding, we have a situation in which Atlantis is cut off.

Well, that makes a little more sense. But that is a huge reset, it changes the entire premise of the show and I can't see how the Atlanteans could ever go back to Earth again. What is the point of the show anymore? Also, frankly, it reminds me a little too much of Babylon 5.

Sheppard141
February 16th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I was thinking about this and i have come up with a few ideas.

1- Weir will not die, she will resume her duties as leader. As for her limited role, I think it is a glorified way of saying she will only be in episodes that she will have a 15-30 min or more role in them. How many episodes have we seen her only have a 2 min role in them. I think the writers are trying to limit this.

2-Weir will live for a while then die after a few episodes or be recalled to earth. This will really suck but is possible.

3-Weir will accend and then come back later as an accended being or retake human form. I hope they don't do this they have already done this idea to death.

4-Weir is replaced with Sam. This really isn't possible because they would have gotten a warning before Sam came. There is really no reason for Weir to be replaced. Also Sam wouldn't be coming in her own personal ship, but on one of the war ships with more personnel.

jenks
February 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Hmmm, I wonder...

They are floating in Space and ZPM's need Subspace to Charge, i wonder if Atlantis will be able to draw power from subspace while floating in space, it couldnt have done it before because they were on the planet and they need to be in space.

It doesn't work like that.

Copernicus
February 16th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Well, that makes a little more sense. But that is a huge reset, it changes the entire premise of the show and I can't see how the Atlanteans could ever go back to Earth again. What is the point of the show anymore? Also, frankly, it reminds me a little too much of Babylon 5.
I have never seen Babylon 5, but I have heard that there is a similar conflict in it somewhere else on this board.

The real question is what the point of the show is right now. Season 4 will make or break Atlantis (well I guess every season does), so I say go big or go home.

Artemiy
February 16th, 2007, 11:39 PM
The SGA team can always gate away in case of emergency... The only problem would be the starting point, but hey, only 36 possible chevrons... Not much to try.

Platschu
February 17th, 2007, 12:43 AM
This is my version of 4x01 Adrift:

I think they will use the stargate. The staff go to the Alpha site, because the Apollo can't beam through the shiled. Only McKay stay in the city, than reunite with Apollo. Ellis give them spacesuits. Sheppard goes back, McKay pick up the spacesuit, than the shield will completly falling down, what creates vaccum. Ellis beam some workers into the main tower to repair to windows. McKay try to recalibrate the shield only for the main tower. They know that cityship can't land on a planet without, because it will burn in air. Apollo try to find a new home planet, but they meet an Asuran ship, so they will know Atlantis new position, if they can reach this planet. They go back near Atlantis to guard it. They get deep space message from the Daedalus, which is near the Pegasus galaxy that something happened at Earth too.

They try to catch Earth with the Gatebridge, but Earth is nowhere and the system automatic send the jumper back to the Midway Station. Later they will hear about that Earth has completly in other phase as in AU. Ori ships are in our solar systems to make blockade and President Hayes had to make this decision. They can reach them only such special jumper, which was modified with Sodan technology. They don't have now such technology, so they had to go Reetalia. The Rheetou can easily go in our phase through to stargate (the Iris doesn't work now, because it exists in the new phase), and they ask help for the Atlantean team. The don't get the ZPM from Antartica, because Earth need it to stay in phase. Sheppard is very angry to Landry. They decide to find Odussey and SG-1, which went to the Ori galaxy last time and nobody knew what happened with them. SG-1 hasn't returned yet. So there is no hope to rescue Atlantis, because every ZPM is not reachable.

Sheppard returns to Atlantis with naquadah generators. McKay complains in spacesuit that they don't make enough enough energy, but maybe it will be enough to protect the ship for the landing. But than the Wraith ship will appear to be allies...

Starxgate
February 17th, 2007, 07:28 AM
What I don't get is how does the timelines match with SG-1 for Carter to be on the show for the rest of the season when she does arrive. I doubt Carter would be going back & fourth from Atlantis to the SGC. Does Season 4 happen after The Ark Of Truth ? It should be interesting with how they deal with the timelines.

Wormhole
February 17th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Here’s one scenario I came up with the other day that I posted in the Save Elizabeth thread.

The events that have taken place since The Real World or even Progeny. Haven’t been real???? Of which we find out at the end of the arc run.

Would explain somethings such as the muck ups we’ve had like the events taken place in irresponsible. The sudden change in uniform on some occasions The Return/Submersion etc... I am beginning to wonder if they were put in deliberately?

Maybe the Nanites are still are still very much in control and are playing with her? The writers tricked some of us out once before with Progeny thinking Sheppard and co. escaped the sell. Are they doing it again????

Perhaps the reason for her being a significant player in next years story arc?

You never know perhapes one way of getting Carson and Koyla back in the game:zelenka25:

Starxgate
February 17th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I personally think that would suck just due to the fact that it already happened. Its time for something new

TraGisK^
February 17th, 2007, 04:27 PM
U are all wrong asgard with tractor BEAM

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2007, 04:32 PM
What I don't get is how does the timelines match with SG-1 for Carter to be on the show for the rest of the season when she does arrive. I doubt Carter would be going back & fourth from Atlantis to the SGC. Does Season 4 happen after The Ark Of Truth ? It should be interesting with how they deal with the timelines.

Don't know the answer to that question. ( happens to be one of the platforms for my anti-carter-on-SGA position) Maybe you should ask JM.

Uber
February 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM
What I don't get is how does the timelines match with SG-1 for Carter to be on the show for the rest of the season when she does arrive. I doubt Carter would be going back & fourth from Atlantis to the SGC. Does Season 4 happen after The Ark Of Truth ? It should be interesting with how they deal with the timelines.Amanda answered that question in her chat yesterday:
<ATC_Sandy> And Elyse writes: I'd like to know about what your role will on be Atlantis (that you can tell us, of course). What do you see Carter doing on Atlantis and how would that affect her dynamic with the SG1 what with the SG1 movies and all?

<Amanda_Tapping> I don't think she'll be going out on missions with the Atlantis Crew.

<Amanda_Tapping> With SG-1 & the movies the timeline will be different to Atlantis. Even though they're filming at the same time the timelines will be different so it shouldn't affect the dynamic.

garhkal
February 19th, 2007, 04:05 AM
To add, Joe Flanigan also stated in a interview that First Strike will lead the series into a new direction. Im guessing that Atlantis will probably relocate to a different homeworld allowing for new and more crazier storylines.......nothing wrong with that :cameron:

I wonder if they might relocate to a world they know a ZPM to be at... like the one from Sanctuary..

They can't really express much creativity.

I beg to differ. That whole 'ship engines and a gate' satellite weapon was wayyyy cool, and i am not sure anyone else would have thought of something like that. Though i do wonder where they got the gate from..

Lifeline - The Apollo Shows up but with there ship full they are unable to help.. Not having enough time to evac everyone from the city they send the apollo (With a jumper) to the nearest planet and send them back to earth to get the other ZPM(s)

If they could do that, MessageMan, why not just use the jumpers to ferry everyone to a nearby planet?

It might do just that, though with them remaining in space, they would have to get a continuous supply of power from somewhere to keep the shields up..

JM refered to it as a 'big op' episode. He didn't specify whether that meant medical operation or military operation or some other big undertaking.

Perhaps that means they undertake a mil op to the asuran's homeworld to get a ZPM or two..

Exactly they could use some of those portable shields Dr. McKay found. Send a team in search of some of those things.

Metabog, they only found the one shield, as i recall..

Meanwhile after Earth learns of them losing Atlantis, they call back all 304's for defensive postitions incase of an impending Wraith attack on the MW. The IOA decides that the SGA expedition members are expendable & that's it's in the best interests to leave them for dead.

Such a scenario cuts out the regular contact with Earth, it takes out the 304's & their beaming tech. It leaves them in a brand new already severely damaged city. They are without power, not knowing what's going on around them.

J_B i like your evil mind....

ouzo
March 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Ok so we end season 3 with a very desturbing and climatic ending, we see atlantis in space but with only a short duration of power left and no way of getting help to aid them. With the ZPM drained the shield will fail and the atmosphere in the city will disapate.

Q: So how do you think as a community will they get thru this amazing ordeal?

My personal delight or idea would be that the apollo some how pin points their possition with help from McKay with a long range distress beacon. With the apollo able to aid with transporting the team to a planet in a puddle jumper, if there transported using the apollo they could take a jumper thru the gate network back to earth and get the ZPM from earth to aid in the landing of atlantis onto their new planet, and succesfully ending their cenario.

I know my idea has alot of plot holes and fanwank ideas guys/girls but in my opinion this is a plauseable and logical solution to their desturbing problem.

Q: Whats your opinion to the above question and what do you think will happen?

Ouzo

fallenexile452
March 6th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Ok so we end season 3 with a very desturbing and climatic ending, we see atlantis in space but with only a short duration of power left and no way of getting help to aid them. With the ZPM drained the shield will fail and the atmosphere in the city will disapate.

Q: So how do you think as a community will they get thru this amazing ordeal?

My personal delight or idea would be that the apollo some how pin points their possition with help from McKay with a long range distress beacon. With the apollo able to aid with transporting the team to a planet in a puddle jumper, if there transported using the apollo they could take a jumper thru the gate network back to earth and get the ZPM from earth to aid in the landing of atlantis onto their new planet, and succesfully ending their cenario.

I know my idea has alot of plot holes and fanwank ideas guys/girls but in my opinion this is a plauseable and logical solution to their desturbing problem.

Q: Whats your opinion to the above question and what do you think will happen?

Ouzo

Give them another ZPM? you must be kidding. look at their track record with the things. If they get one it'll be gone by the end of the episode anyway, what a waste.

Mitchell82
March 6th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Not really. We have had several that lasted awhile. We do need a ZPM so his idea is a good one. TBH how I see it is Mckay finds a way to power one section of the city and get all personell to that section and then tries to send a distress call. Then the asurans end up finding them, a battle ensues and the Apollo comes to their aid, fails nearly gets destroyed and we get to be continued.....

Steven_the_Atlantean
March 7th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks to the Ancient Intelligence in “Tao of Rodney”, Rodney created a means for the puddle jumpers to enter hyperspace, one can assume someone will fly to the nearest Stargate, go to M12-578 where the Apollo is waiting for them! But then again one slight problem “Time Management” because they have 24 hours of power left!
But I hope to see the puddle jumper in hyperspace in season 4, it would be mad:)!

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 7th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Wasnt it said by Rodney that all the equations he made did not make sense in Tao of Rodney? Not sure if we will see hyperspace capable jumpers if thats the case....

ouzo
March 7th, 2007, 06:00 AM
well we do know that rodneys DNA is capable of being manipulated by the machine, so it is possible i think. Specially if they need to figure out how to utalise the ZPM more through-out the city, as he did change the power use of the ZPM in "toa of rodney".

It's a good idea and also a good solution for their problem.

Cban
March 7th, 2007, 12:40 PM
maybe this si just the episode wherewe meet the new race and they may think that they ancient and help them

Mitchell82
March 7th, 2007, 05:28 PM
maybe this si just the episode wherewe meet the new race and they may think that they ancient and help them

Doubt it. Most likely it is the Apollo or Carter. But it is possible.

the fifth man
March 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Doubt it. Most likely it is the Apollo or Carter. But it is possible.

Anything is possible. We know that by now right?;)

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Anything is possible. We know that by now right?;)

Good point.

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Apparently Adrift isn't filming first. At this point, I would guess that filming is finishing for "Dopplegangers". I heard that that one would film first.

Mister Oragahn
March 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Unable to make the city land properly, they'll keep Atlantis in orbit of a planet, in order to use bypass the local stargate.

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Unable to make the city land properly, they'll keep Atlantis in orbit of a planet, in order to use bypass the local stargate.

That might work. They would have to engage the stardrive again in order to get to a planet, but they don't have enough power.

Mister Oragahn
March 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
And of course, they would have enough energy to activate a stargate though, stupid me.
Someone needs to destroy that stardrive... again.

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 01:24 PM
And of course, they would have enough energy to activate a stargate though, stupid me.
Someone needs to destroy that stardrive... again.

Not just that but we would need enough power to constantly power the shield, if we stayed in orbit. We need more ZPMs.

Rootortoise
March 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Not just that but we would need enough power to constantly power the shield, if we stayed in orbit. We need more ZPMs.
if only weir had listened to rodney in echoes and we had kept all 3 zpms that the ancients left us in the return!!we wouldnt be in this situation now!!

then again i guess we wouldnt have had such a kickarse cliffhanger!!:D

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
if only weir had listened to rodney in echoes and we had kept all 3 zpms that the ancients left us in the return!!we wouldnt be in this situation now!!

then again i guess we wouldnt have had such a kickarse cliffhanger!!:D

That and it's so fun seeing Mckay complain when he doesnt get what he wants.

ouzo
March 9th, 2007, 02:38 AM
I wonder if we will see McKay start complaining over this same subject in season 4, i found it quiet funny how he had send 15 e-mails in a few hours to Dr. Weir about the subject lol.

I wonder how McKay will change in season 4 and how he will be played in "Adrift", im quite excited to see how they solve there current problem or who comes to aid the team in their time of need.

But as another person said above "Anything can happen".

Ouzo

Mitchell82
March 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I wonder if we will see McKay start complaining over this same subject in season 4, i found it quiet funny how he had send 15 e-mails in a few hours to Dr. Weir about the subject lol.

I wonder how McKay will change in season 4 and how he will be played in "Adrift", im quite excited to see how they solve there current problem or who comes to aid the team in their time of need.

But as another person said above "Anything can happen".

Ouzo

As am I. The more I read about season 4 the more excited I get.

Darkwander
March 10th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Does anyone know when it is Airing, i herd something about Fall. That is 4 - 6 months. Are the other countries showing it before then, i imagion the Fall is for America, when is Canada airing the Ep.

Darkwander
March 10th, 2007, 04:02 AM
I wonder if they Asguard show up to drop off Amanda tapping, a ZPM and what not. The Asguard can fly faster then we can.

Mitchell82
March 10th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I wonder if they Asguard show up to drop off Amanda tapping, a ZPM and what not. The Asguard can fly faster then we can.

Doubt it. She is supposed to come in her own ship.

Mitchell82
March 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Nope. The US is getting it first roughly a month or so after Season 3 ends in mid to late July.

Copernicus
March 10th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Doubt it. She is supposed to come in her own ship.
Perhaps her own ship means an Asgard ship named The Samantha Carter?

RepliHawk
March 10th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Nope. The US is getting it first roughly a month or so after Season 3 ends in mid to late July.

Cant wait for it

ElessarUSMC
March 11th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Something I'm confused about. I keep hearing people referencing "that must be when Weir's role is reduced", or "We're losing two characters" [Carson and presumably Weir], but I can't find the SOURCE of this. I'm new to the board so I obviously wasn't here when this *came out* if indeed such a thing did. She only appeared injured in the season 3 finale...

If it's true, I'm PISSED. But anyway, where'd it come from? what are the details? :(

Arania
March 11th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Last I heard personally is that Torri Higginson has been reduced to 'recurring' but they are still sorting out which episodes she will appear in. It's rumoured (i.e. not confirmed) that she will be in 4-6 episodes.
People are just getting pissed because they think that Weir is getting offed and replaced with Carter. which is, in my opinion, an unsubstantiated rumour.

Killdeer
March 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Something I'm confused about. I keep hearing people referencing "that must be when Weir's role is reduced", or "We're losing two characters" [Carson and presumably Weir], but I can't find the SOURCE of this. I'm new to the board so I obviously wasn't here when this *came out* if indeed such a thing did. She only appeared injured in the season 3 finale...

If it's true, I'm PISSED. But anyway, where'd it come from? what are the details? :(

Here's the Gateworld article (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/01/higginson_to_be_recurring_in_sea.shtml) regarding Weir's status change. No one has confirmed how many episodes she will be in for Season 4.

As far as being replaced by Carter, JoeM has said that they would have done the same thing(whatever it is) with Weir's character whether Carter was brought over or not. If you mean is she taking Weir's place as leader of the expedition, some believe indications point that direction with her being a main member of the cast, but nothing has been confirmed as to her role. There are a couple of threads around here discussing it if you want to get caught up.

Carter's Role in Season 4 (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41300)

Could Carter replace Weir? *SPOILERS* (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40463)

ElessarUSMC
March 11th, 2007, 05:44 PM
cool, thanks.

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Does anyone know when it is Airing, i herd something about Fall. That is 4 - 6 months. Are the other countries showing it before then, i imagion the Fall is for America, when is Canada airing the Ep.

Nope. It is just now begining principle photography. It will air here in the states first.

Ancient_Rilus
March 15th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hello been awhile since i posted on the forums, so hey first of all.

Ok I've watched 'First Strike' a few times now and like the rest of you been thinking about the team's current situation that leads into 'Adift' and i can't see Mckay fixing the gate in time or another power source being found. This situation sort of reminded me of the Siege from season 1/2 and gave me an idea from the 'Siege part 2', you can removely fly/control a jumper using the chair in Atlantis (when the process works) so what about reversing that process and controlling Atlantis/stardrive from a jumper. Then you could put everyone into the jumpers as only a small portion of the expedition remained on Atlantis for the flight and use 1 jumper as control unit, this way with everyone in the jumpers, which have their own life support systems Atlantis' atomsphere (held in place by the shield) is not required. Thus the shield could be power down and the power that would have been used for the shield put into the stardrive instead. Even if this didnt provide enough power for the rest of the hyperspace journey it could give them enough power to either hyperspace 'jump' to a planet with a stargate (they were original off to the closest habitable, non populated planet with an ocean, which suggests there were other planets between Atlantis' original planet and the new one) and use the jumpers to gate through or 'jump' close enough to their destination to send a jumper to get Apollo via space.

This is only an idea based on speculation though.

Darkwander
March 15th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Possible outcome below.

Now that we have access to the asgard database, thanks to 10 * 20, i am wondering if they will power Atlantis with one of their power supplies, afterall, you would have asume the asgard have something that would be as powerfull as a ZPM as a power source.

Mitchell82
March 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Possible outcome below.

Now that we have access to the asgard database, thanks to 10 * 20, i am wondering if they will power Atlantis with one of their power supplies, afterall, you would have asume the asgard have something that would be as powerfull as a ZPM as a power source.

Hmmm mabey.

jenks
March 15th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Possible outcome below.

Do you? I'd be suprised if they did.

garhkal
March 15th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Possible outcome below.

But will we get there in time, and do we (the MW crew) even know of their predicament

SG13-NightOps
March 15th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Here is my Outrageous, and probably wrong, Theory! Tagged just in case

Ok, Now it starts with them stuck in deep space, Rodney fighting feverishly to get some form of power to get them going again. But, knowing Ancient technology much better than Rodney or anyone else on the Altantis exp, the Asurans initiated two downloads. Since Rodney was expecting it, they initiated a virus he would catch and stop. In a second transmission to the system that Rodney couldnt see, they have activated the lab in which the Ancients created their replacators and ensured it could create human form replicators. It wasnt out of power, but the new Asurans on the "Flying City" have made it think it is so they will die without any need for the Asurans to intervene any further. But they are discovered and Shep, Ronon and Teyla have to find them and desintergrate them while Rodney and Zelenka try and get the ZPM to work properly again.

Meanwhile, Weir is in the infirmiry, and she is not doing well at all. Keller's initial nerves are causing her some crisis or confidence and its not helping that she cant seem to do anything to help weir. Then, Weir Ascends.. Adrift Ends. But sees Weir become a Daniel Jackson Style recurrin character :D

Lifeline will see Carter come out of hyperspace over Lantea and destroy the satgatelite with the Oddys shiny new kick butt asgard weapons. Then she will think "Oh oops. too late" coz she cant find Atlantis. Until Ascended Weir pops up on her bridge and tells her where to find the "Not so Flying City". She ZOOMS very fast to that spot, transfers over their ZPM so it can get moving again, and then takes off to Asura to drop a PWARW or two around the place. BOOM! Asurans Gone - much like the Replicators of the Milky Goodness Galaxy (Hence the need for a wild card race! A-HA!)

They land Altantis on another rock anyway because then no one will know where to find them, for now, and that will give them a reprieve of being attacked consistantly by everyone and every thing that feels like picking on the poor Humans...

Yes, I have way too much free time :cameron:

Darkwander
March 17th, 2007, 05:07 AM

Ok, Now it starts with them stuck in deep space, Rodney fighting feverishly to get some form of power to get them going again. But, knowing Ancient technology much better than Rodney or anyone else on the Altantis exp, the Asurans initiated two downloads. Since Rodney was expecting it, they initiated a virus he would catch and stop. In a second transmission to the system that Rodney couldnt see, they have activated the lab in which the Ancients created their replacators and ensured it could create human form replicators. It wasnt out of power, but the new Asurans on the "Flying City" have made it think it is so they will die without any need for the Asurans to intervene any further. But they are discovered and Shep, Ronon and Teyla have to find them and desintergrate them while Rodney and Zelenka try and get the ZPM to work properly again.

Meanwhile, Weir is in the infirmiry, and she is not doing well at all. Keller's initial nerves are causing her some crisis or confidence and its not helping that she cant seem to do anything to help weir. Then, Weir Ascends.. Adrift Ends. But sees Weir become a Daniel Jackson Style recurrin character :D

Lifeline will see Carter come out of hyperspace over Lantea and destroy the satgatelite with the Oddys shiny new kick butt asgard weapons. Then she will think "Oh oops. too late" coz she cant find Atlantis. Until Ascended Weir pops up on her bridge and tells her where to find the "Not so Flying City". She ZOOMS very fast to that spot, transfers over their ZPM so it can get moving again, and then takes off to Asura to drop a PWARW or two around the place. BOOM! Asurans Gone - much like the Replicators of the Milky Goodness Galaxy (Hence the need for a wild card race! A-HA!)

They land Altantis on another rock anyway because then no one will know where to find them, for now, and that will give them a reprieve of being attacked consistantly by everyone and every thing that feels like picking on the poor Humans...

Not bad...

Sokarfive
March 17th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Here's my theory which is probably completely wrong. "Adrift" begins with Rodney desperately trying to conserve power.:mckay: He shuts down life support everywhere that it's not needed. He then figures out a way to keep the shield running in habitable areas only and the Puddle Jumpers are also used as a power source. These measures allow them to survive until the Apollo arrives. The crew then uses the apollo's hyperdrive engine in conjunction with Atlantis's stardrive to re-enter hyperspace. This idea could only work if the city could survive in hyperspace without a shield in most areas. The crew get into further trouble when they detect Wraith and Asuran ships. The Wraith and Asuran ships begin to fire on one another above the new planet. They practically destroy each other. This begins a war between them.

Iambob
March 17th, 2007, 12:57 PM
is it just me or do these threads usually come up a bit closer than 8 months away from the episode actually airing? this thread is pretty much pointless with the info we have now anyway! seriously, im not trying to be a basher here but this thread shouldnt be open for another six months! until then, just stick with little spoiler threads and other threads that have six million clones.

SGFerrit
March 17th, 2007, 02:57 PM

Very interesting. Quite a good idea, would be good to see.

SGFerrit
March 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Do you? I'd be suprised if they did.

I don't think they will, but I think they will have something comparable (unlike our rather crappy naquadah generators)

I can't wait for season 4!

Telchak
April 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
I think they'll get to the planet they're heading for (the nearest habitable planet without a stargate) and Atlantis will be damaged to the point it can no longer fly. They will then find out there's humans (or something) there and have some trouble with them. The Atlantis team will then have to deal with enemies from all over the galaxy, and at their own doorstep.

About the Tria, wasn't that dismantled by the Asurans to repair Atlantis when they attacked or was that the Asuran's own ship. This leads me to my next point, with Atlantis being damaged by the satellite weapon, will it be fixed with Earth like design. What will this look like, a big Frankenstein building? :S

ur uncle urgo
April 5th, 2007, 04:31 PM
i think that they will fix it up to ancient standerds and the writers might have it magicaly get fixed. anyways i would rather have atlantis just floating in space for a whole season rather than see it land.

Telchak
April 6th, 2007, 03:05 AM
If they're in space for the whole season, they'll need the shield on for the entire season (about a year). This would be amajor drain on the ZPM, although it did last 10,000 years under water.

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM
If they're in space for the whole season, they'll need the shield on for the entire season (about a year). This would be amajor drain on the ZPM, although it did last 10,000 years under water.

They won't be. Only for the first few eps.

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2007, 09:28 AM

Very interesting.

kymeric
April 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Probably have Sams ship tow it the rest of the way with an 11th hour solution to keep it from going kablooey. Although i really would like to see something out of the box like abandoning ship and towing a empty airless Atlantis to its new home. Nothing says new home like sucking all the air out of it first!!!!

Platschu
April 7th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I have a solution to save Atlantis. :)

If you know your current location in the galactic space coordinates (the 7th symbol will be different) than you can dial. They have only 39 combination, because the dialed planet's location hasn't changed, so the first 6 symbol will be the same in the adress! You can dial for example the Genii from Atlantis or New Athosia, but only the last symbol (the Atlantis version of "point of origin") will be different. ;) So they have dial all 39 combination and an established wormhole will show them their position. :cool:

Telchak
April 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM

If you know your current location in the galactic space coordinates (the 7th symbol will be different) than you can dial. They have only 39 combination, because the dialed planet's location hasn't changed, so the first 6 symbol will be the same in the adress! You can dial for example the Genii from Atlantis or New Athosia, but only the last symbol (the Atlantis version of "point of origin") will be different. ;) So they have dial all 39 combination and an established wormhole will show them their position. :cool:

Something I've thought a lot about when watching movie and they don't know the point of origin for Abydos, there's only 39 possibilities so it can't take that long to go through them. The original Daniel was just lazy :)

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Something I've thought a lot about when watching movie and they don't know the point of origin for Abydos, there's only 39 possibilities so it can't take that long to go through them. The original Daniel was just lazy :)

He didn't know remotely where to start but it wouldnt have been that much of a story then would it. Still I like our daniel way better, that and I've never cared for James Spader.

Kidwizz
April 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM

uhh... the PoO dosnt work like that... there is over 39 gates... there are like 100000. the PoO isnt an actual consolation... it just a symbol... it like trying to to dial phone number that end in 0 but your phone pad only has the numbers 1-9. you cant to do. the gate needs to be re calibrated so it knows where it is in the network.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
April 8th, 2007, 02:56 PM
what the heck is going on with all this ascension crap? huh i've been reading that mckay dies, he ascends what the heck is going on i want the real 411 on this stuff.

marty2006
April 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM
ach its a load of rubbish no way they would have beckett dying weir being injured then mackay again almost dying and again almost ascending would be stupid

Icedragon
May 7th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I couldn't find a thread for this so here goes.

How do you think they will solve the problem seen in First Strike, the season 3 cliffhanger. (Please no comments if you've seen it without a spoiler warning).

marty2006
May 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Lol i wont moan however there are a few threads discussing this problem already. :)

June 1st, 2007, 09:39 PM
So how do you guys think they will get out of this predicament? Atlantis is too far in the middle of nowhere to get a gate address. They are basically down to about an hour of reserve power.

A few possibilities come to mind after thinking on it for a bit.

They find that Atlantis has some special rooms that seal the ship from the vacuum of space the old fashioned way, with solid bulkheads. The crew shelters there and there is enough power to run life support for quite awhile until they get rescued.
The reduce shields to the minimal sustainable level just like with rising. All they really have to do is keep the air in, that should take even less power than trying to keep the ocean out would have consumed. I expect they might be able to maintain that minimal level of shielding for quite some time, especially if the get everyone into a small area, say the central tower, and only shield it and leave the rest of the city open to space.
Or what I most expect, though it's liable to be some sort of cop-out. They try one of the above or some desperate measure, tying all of their naquada generators and jumpers or something into the shield to try to power it. Whatever trick they try fails or only buys them a very short amount of time. The Daedalus was already enroute from Earth, powered by a ZPM. They arrive moment before the shields totally fail, beam over the ZPM. Once more powered they fire up the stardrive and finish their trip to whatever planet. Cue closing scene where the characters talk about how lucky they got and how wonderful their new planet is. Cut to scene of the Asurans angry and starting construction on a new fleet of city ships to hunt down Atlantis and head to earth to destroy it too.

jenks
June 2nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
So how do you guys think they will get out of this predicament? Atlantis is too far in the middle of nowhere to get a gate address.

How so? Once the gate update program (forgot the name) starts up, it just updates your address doesn't it? I didn't think you needed to be near a planet for it to work...

Alipeeps
June 2nd, 2007, 03:51 AM
Official ep discussion/speculation thread - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41498

Gala
June 2nd, 2007, 07:30 AM
Theres something HUUUUUUGE that you are all missing, just having the shield up doesnt drain power, not unless its being hit or force is put on it or whatever, but the other things turned on DO use power.

The shield can last forever aslong as nothing is forcing it.

PG15
June 2nd, 2007, 12:47 PM
It's not a wall; it's an energy barrier; and creating that takes power.

Just not that much, relatively speaking.

jenks
June 2nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
It definatly uses power, or they'd have it up all the time.

Alipeeps
June 2nd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Theres something HUUUUUUGE that you are all missing, just having the shield up doesnt drain power, not unless its being hit or force is put on it or whatever, but the other things turned on DO use power.

The shield can last forever aslong as nothing is forcing it.

It does use power to have it switched on - it merely uses *more* power if strain is being put on it for any reason. Speaking of... you don't think perhaps containing an atmosphere within a vacuum might, maybe, put a strain on the shield? ;)

mmu_man
June 2nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
Official ep discussion/speculation thread - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41498

It's funny how similar this threads is.. it even has the same number :D

PG15
June 2nd, 2007, 06:31 PM
It's funny how similar this threads is.. it even has the same number :D

That's the effect of thread-merging for ya. ;)

zpm!!
June 2nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
Wild Idea here, back in season 1, esp. 13 hot zone, mckay said

"I've got some theories on looping the power on the Gate to charge a dummy ZedPM. It probably won't work, but-but you should have someone look at it cos it might lead somewhere else. "

Could they possibly use this to some how get another zpm working?
Just a theory i've looked at!

Could it be like charging your battery on your riding lawnmower(dead battery thats doesn't hold a charge after letting it sit for a week) with your battery from your Chevy trailblazer!

sparkygate
June 3rd, 2007, 02:59 AM
Has anybody thought they the Atlantis Crew end up bunking in the Jumpers until help arrives, while diverting lifesupport in Atlantis to the shield to keep the ship floating and the atmosphere stable... Mckay would probably figure out a way to control atlantis from inside a jumper (like in the the seige where mckay & zelenka remote controlled the jumper from the chair- would it not be the same way?) Also i think carter probably arrives in this episode where she ends up using her new ship to tow Atlantis to the planet they were originally going to land on, and after towing it she probably takes command as weir is injured, this is only temporary as the SGC probably ends calling her back to earth for something... then she returns later in the season...

June 6th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I think there are far too many people in the expedition to bunk in the small number of jumpers they have. I just find it hard to believe that the ancients would not plan for such an eventuality and provide a way to seal off at least certain areas of the city and maintain life support. In fact, we know there are bulkheads so I see no reason why they WOULDN'T be able to move people to inner rooms and corridors and hole up there for awhile.

I think, though, we should look to Rising for ideas. The situation was similar, the shield was required to keep the city inhabitable and the city automatically took steps to stretch that power out as far as possible. They were obviously able to get the energy requirement way down since simply the act of providing life support and lights in the area being explored by the expedition when they arrived was enough to rapidly drain what was left in the ZPM. Again, too, we know the shield can drop to a conforming type shield such as happened in rising when it was at it's minimum sustainable level. It probably wouldn't provide much protection but if it could keep the water out it can keep the air in. Also we know that it has the ability to unprotect some areas of the city to reserve power for other areas, hence the shield dropping and some areas getting flooded as the episode progressed.

Mitchell82
June 6th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I think there are far too many people in the expedition to bunk in the small number of jumpers they have. I just find it hard to believe that the ancients would not plan for such an eventuality and provide a way to seal off at least certain areas of the city and maintain life support. In fact, we know there are bulkheads so I see no reason why they WOULDN'T be able to move people to inner rooms and corridors and hole up there for awhile.

I think, though, we should look to Rising for ideas. The situation was similar, the shield was required to keep the city inhabitable and the city automatically took steps to stretch that power out as far as possible. They were obviously able to get the energy requirement way down since simply the act of providing life support and lights in the area being explored by the expedition when they arrived was enough to rapidly drain what was left in the ZPM. Again, too, we know the shield can drop to a conforming type shield such as happened in rising when it was at it's minimum sustainable level. It probably wouldn't provide much protection but if it could keep the water out it can keep the air in. Also we know that it has the ability to unprotect some areas of the city to reserve power for other areas, hence the shield dropping and some areas getting flooded as the episode progressed.

Well wew barely have enough power to keep the shield up this time and the strain of it keeping the atmosphere from leaking out will drain the sheild. There are too many people to bunk in the jumpers so perhaps we can limit it to a particuar area and let the sheild down in uninhabited areas. I'm guessing the Apollo or deaddy wil come to the rescue.

mmu_man
June 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I just find it hard to believe that the ancients would not plan for such an eventuality.
If you remember Before I Sleep (http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/115.shtml) it wasn't exactly thought out first, Janus had to rewrite some of the code to lower power usage, add the release fail safe, ...
It just wasn't meant to be used without ZPM, really.

*Erika*
June 6th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'll stick with the idea of last minute miraculous arival of Earth ship with a ZPM powering it. Very predicable and TPTB like.

Blower'sGate
June 6th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I'll stick with the idea of last minute miraculous arival of Earth ship with a ZPM powering it. Very predicable and TPTB like.

Well they'll figure out some science before that, but ultimately it won't work and that's when your 'likely to happen' idea comes in. ;)

*Erika*
June 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Well they'll figure out some science before that, but ultimately it won't work and that's when your 'likely to happen' idea comes in. ;)
Yeah, technobable first. Some genious idea (wonder who), that ends up not buying too much time and said genious ramble about their hopeless fate until the miracle arrival at the last minute. It's very stargate like. ;)

StevenCaldwell
June 7th, 2007, 02:37 AM
ok people, we left the Atlantis in a very difficult position, with them floting space, and the ZPM near depletion.

Has anyone got any good idears on who they will by rescued?

I Thought that this would be a good episode for carter to make her entrace. McKay said that the ZPM is nearing maximum entrapy. So to my understanding the Odyssey has a fully charged ZPM, Carter make Radio contact with Alantis, and directly beams here ZPM to stargate operations.

does anyone has anythoughts?

Ltcolshepjumper
June 7th, 2007, 03:39 AM
I think that's what will happen. She comes in a ship, rescues them, leaves, comes back in Reunion.

vaberella
June 7th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I don't know, but isn't there a thread discussing Adrift already?! You might want to post there or this thread wille ventually be merged with it.

StevenCaldwell
June 7th, 2007, 03:58 AM
i will take that under advisement.

but will carter give them, here ZPM to keep the star drive powerd up to land safely somewhere

Professor Chaos
June 7th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I really hope they don't make Carter come to the rescue. Just have McKay find some piece of Ancient tech to save them or something.

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 04:28 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41498

It's even on the front page of this forum guys.... :rolleyes:

StevenCaldwell
June 7th, 2007, 04:40 AM
i do agree with Professor chaos we do seem to re-lie on ships and allies to much. it would be nice to see Rodney to some magic like he used to do. Like coming up with plan in The Eye with the lighting powering up the Shield generator.

I hope rodney comes up with a plan to save Atlantis!!

Professor Chaos
June 7th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Is it just me or does it seem pretty stupid to design a ship that can't seal itself from the vacuum of space? I bet there's a program that will activate if the shields drop below a certain point. It will seal Atlantis and send out a distress signal or something.

StevenCaldwell
June 7th, 2007, 05:18 AM
if that does happen, who will pick up the signal? we dont know of any other Ancient warships out there to help.
( am i right in saying the ancient warships had ZPM's tied into there power systems? ) if so then there mght be one out there that can pick up the signal, and help! ( just like atlantis picked up on the Aurora's signal in the episode Aurora ) But then again we might be in the same pradicament that we where in ( Return part 1 ) where they new Atlantis was not under Seige anymore and assumed control. If they new Alantis was still around they might try and do the same thing!

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Is it just me or does it seem pretty stupid to design a ship that can't seal itself from the vacuum of space? I bet there's a program that will activate if the shields drop below a certain point. It will seal Atlantis and send out a distress signal or something.

I seriously doubt that. The Ancients had a full supply of ZPMs as well as the capability to make more so the wouldnt worry about that. If the shields drop the city would be destroyed.

StevenCaldwell
June 7th, 2007, 07:57 AM
yeah but still Zelingka said if we where to drop the shield in hyperspace, the city is to flimsey and would just disintergrat, but the Daedalus is much stronger and can run in hyperspace with useing the Shield!

Daedalus out!

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 08:31 AM

We've seen the same issue time and again - the Ancients didn't bother building the city stronger or putting in place failsafes because they always had a full supply of ZPMs to power the shield. Besides which, the city is not necessarily designed to be a ship, per se - there are much more aerodynamic designs that could have been used if it were intended to spend any great amount of time in space - it is more a city that *also* flies.... it was never intended to be in space for long amounts of time.. merely for it to be able to move locations if the Ancients so desired.

jenks
June 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM
We've seen the same issue time and again - the Ancients didn't bother building the city stronger or putting in place failsafes because they always had a full supply of ZPMs to power the shield. Besides which, the city is not necessarily designed to be a ship, per se - there are much more aerodynamic designs that could have been used if it were intended to spend any great amount of time in space - it is more a city that *also* flies.... it was never intended to be in space for long amounts of time.. merely for it to be able to move locations if the Ancients so desired.

In space? What for?

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 11:13 AM
yeah but still Zelingka said if we where to drop the shield in hyperspace, the city is to flimsey and would just disintergrat, but the Daedalus is much stronger and can run in hyperspace with useing the Shield!

Daedalus out!

I assume you mean without the sheild and the deadalus is completly inclosed and the city isnt. There are open parts of the city without the shield, there are no open parts of the deadalus.

Alipeeps
June 7th, 2007, 02:35 PM
In space? What for?

Well maybe it's fallacy but, regardless, in most science-fiction films/TV shows etc (The Man Who Fell to Earth being a notable exception) spaceships are portrayed as being of fairly aerodynamic design. Particularly ships which - like the space shuttle, to give a real-life example - are intended to re-enter planetary atmospheres... as a city ship would also be intended to do...

PG15
June 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM
It has a smooth shield for that though.

StevenCaldwell
June 8th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I assume you mean without the sheild and the deadalus is completly inclosed and the city isnt. There are open parts of the city without the shield, there are no open parts of the deadalus.

yeah sorry guys. The shield has got to be activated other wise Atlantis would vent atmosphear. The daedalus is sealed which allows it to run in hyperspace and just in orbit of a planet without the shield being rased.

But in " Adrift " There ZPM had to power the star drive as well as the Shield. Something triggerd the star drive to automaticly drop its self out of hyperspace, because the ZPM was running dangerousely low.

My guess is that Carter shows up and makes Radio contact with Atlantis, and beams her ZPM onbord.

but i hope McKay can figar out away to save Atlantis!!

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 01:02 AM
It has a smooth shield for that though.

True enough. My point though was that the city is designed to be a city that also travels in space as opposed to space travel being its primary function. Or do you disagree?

June 8th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Well wew barely have enough power to keep the shield up this time and the strain of it keeping the atmosphere from leaking out will drain the sheild. There are too many people to bunk in the jumpers so perhaps we can limit it to a particuar area and let the sheild down in uninhabited areas. I'm guessing the Apollo or deaddy wil come to the rescue.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was suggesting. That's what the city started doing when the ZPM was critically low in Rising/BIS.

Yeah, technobable first. Some genious idea (wonder who), that ends up not buying too much time and said genious ramble about their hopeless fate until the miracle arrival at the last minute. It's very stargate like. ;)

I'm sure that that's exactly what happens. Rodney tries some big plan, it fails, and the Daedalus shows up, having been on it's way back from Earth, and detected the city's dilema and beams the ZPM over and Rodney gets in installed just as the shield remaining counter hits 2 seconds left. *cough* The Siege *cough*

*Erika*
June 8th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Yeah, that's kind of what I was suggesting. That's what the city started doing when the ZPM was critically low in Rising/BIS.

I'm sure that that's exactly what happens. Rodney tries some big plan, it fails, and the Daedalus shows up, having been on it's way back from Earth, and detected the city's dilema and beams the ZPM over and Rodney gets in installed just as the shield remaining counter hits 2 seconds left. *cough* The Siege *cough*
:lol: exactly

June 8th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Heh. Don't get me wrong, I love the show but after 14 seasons it can be so DARNED predictable sometimes.

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 03:56 PM
yeah sorry guys. The shield has got to be activated other wise Atlantis would vent atmosphear. The daedalus is sealed which allows it to run in hyperspace and just in orbit of a planet without the shield being rased.

But in " Adrift " There ZPM had to power the star drive as well as the Shield. Something triggerd the star drive to automaticly drop its self out of hyperspace, because the ZPM was running dangerousely low.

My guess is that Carter shows up and makes Radio contact with Atlantis, and beams her ZPM onbord.

but i hope McKay can figar out away to save Atlantis!!
Mabey Mckay finds another stasis chamber with an ancient in it who tells him how to make a ZPM before he croaks.

prion
June 9th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Heh. Don't get me wrong, I love the show but after 14 seasons it can be so DARNED predictable sometimes.

14 seasons? Um, SGA has only had three seasons. And even then, you'd have to say 13 if you mean combined shows. Season 4 has yet to air, but yes, there is predictability. That's what you get when you have the same people writing the same scripts...

June 9th, 2007, 07:17 AM
14 seasons? Um, SGA has only had three seasons. And even then, you'd have to say 13 if you mean combined shows. Season 4 has yet to air, but yes, there is predictability. That's what you get when you have the same people writing the same scripts...

Sorry, yes. 13 is what I meant. And I was combining the two series since they're the same universe and the same writers.

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 03:04 PM

Well mabey some are predictable but not most. Back on topic I hope that they done come to an easy conclusion in this one but I don't see how they could. I'm betting Mckay finds a way to stretch the power of the ZPM.

Vala_M
June 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Does anyone know which planet Atlantis will reside on in season 4? I really don't want to wait 3 or 4 more months to find out. I think they will return to Lantea and use the Odyssey's new weapons to destroy the satellite or something like that but others disagree.

Vala,

*Erika*
June 13th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know which planet Atlantis will reside on in season 4? I really don't want to wait 3 or 4 more months to find out. I think they will return to Lantea and use the Odyssey's new weapons to destroy the satellite or something like that but others disagree.

Vala,
I don't think so. JM said that s4 will be a fresh start, so that means that it will be on another adress, one that is not known to the enemies.

jenks
June 13th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I don't think so. JM said that s4 will be a fresh start, so that means that it will be on another adress, one that is not known to the enemies.

Does it?

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 10:29 AM

It's possible and a good tactical decision IMO if they move to another planet.

*Erika*
June 13th, 2007, 10:54 AM
It's possible and a good tactical decision IMO if they move to another planet.
I agree.

Vala_M
June 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM

I don't like the idea of it being on a new planet. For one, we don't know what all Lantea has/had to offer, they found the geothermal drilling station and a Wraith cruiser under the ocean, there could be more. Plus, I guess this means the end of the whale storyline.

Plus, what I'm wondering is, how does the Apollo/Earth get into contact with Atlantis epecially since it's in the middle of nowhere in space? And what is the IOA going to think of Weir ordering Atlantis to be moved to a new planet? I know, they couldn't stay on Lantea with the satellite in orbit but you know the IOA.

*Erika*
June 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I don't like the idea of it being on a new planet. For one, we don't know what all Lantea has/had to offer, they found the geothermal drilling station and a Wraith cruiser under the ocean, there could be more. Plus, I guess this means the end of the whale storyline.

Plus, what I'm wondering is, how does the Apollo/Earth get into contact with Atlantis epecially since it's in the middle of nowhere in space? And what is the IOA going to think of Weir ordering Atlantis to be moved to a new planet? I know, they couldn't stay on Lantea with the satellite in orbit but you know the IOA.
I think the IOA is going to like it is on a new address and unknown to the enemies.

Iguana775
June 13th, 2007, 01:11 PM
New address = new trouble to get in to! Imagine all the ladies Shep will get! woo hoo! lol.

but yea, I think it will be a new planet.

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I think the IOA is going to like it is on a new address and unknown to the enemies.

Of course untill Mckay finds another hot lady and spills the beans...again.

Vala_M
June 13th, 2007, 04:49 PM
The secret doesn't stay long because apparently, at least by the time of "The Seer", there are hive ships coming to Atlantis, but maybe they want to form the real alliance that is mentioned in "Be All My Sins Remember'd".

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM
The secret doesn't stay long because apparently, at least by the time of "The Seer", there are hive ships coming to Atlantis, but maybe they want to form the real alliance that is mentioned in "Be All My Sins Remember'd".

Good point it'd be very interesting.

scifi_lemon
June 13th, 2007, 09:10 PM

Perhaps. But I agree, going to another planet is the best desicion. I think that it'll probably be uninhabited or else McKay wouldn't have picked it...

Then again, I haven't seen First Strike yet, so I may be wrong. ;)

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Perhaps. But I agree, going to another planet is the best desicion. I think that it'll probably be uninhabited or else McKay wouldn't have picked it...

Then again, I haven't seen First Strike yet, so I may be wrong. ;)

The one in FS is unihabited with a big body of water, though we don't actually get there.

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
The one in FS is unihabited with a big body of water, though we don't actually get there.

Who knows...maybe they will. Anything's possible, right? ;)

any_gopher
June 20th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Who knows...maybe they will. Anything's possible, right? ;)

He means In "First Strike" itself, they don't actually get there.

I wonder if the landscape will look different. IMO, it'd be a little boring if it was exactly the same, with the city on an ocean just like on Lantea. Put it in the middle of a massive lake so we can see it surrounded by land!

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I wonder if the landscape will look different. IMO, it'd be a little boring if it was exactly the same, with the city on an ocean just like on Lantea. Put it in the middle of a massive lake so we can see it surrounded by land!

That would be cool

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 04:06 PM
He means In "First Strike" itself, they don't actually get there.

Well it would have to be a big lake I mean Atlantis is bigger than Manhattan. Perhaps a lake like one of the great lakes with land on every side however it would need to be an unpopulated world.

Adria
July 3rd, 2007, 04:50 AM
this is going to be interesting on how there fix this probelm ..ie almost out of power and being lost in space.

PG15
July 10th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Slight hint from JM:

PG15 writes: “Which episode in Season 4 thus far has used the most CGI?”

Answer: Hard to say given the various stages of development in each case. Given the early episodes, I’d have to go with Adrift.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-10-2007.html

Looks like another SFX show! If it's anything like First Strike... *drools*

Xicer
July 11th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Schweet! Not a bad idea for a season premiere. It'll get more people interested.

scifi_lemon
July 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Schweet! Not a bad idea for a season premiere. It'll get more people interested.

ITA. I wanna know where they end up landing.

jenks
July 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
That's assuming they land at all ;)

scifi_lemon
July 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM
That's assuming they land at all ;)

*laughs* That's impos-- *pauses. thinks*

hmmm.....*strokes non-existant beard*

But the amount of power it would take to keep Atlantis in stable orbit around a planet would be astronomically high. It'd take two or three ZPMs just for that.

So...still impossible. ;)

jenks
July 12th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Why? There wouldn't be that much strain of the sheild, probably even less than there was at bottom of the ocean...

*Erika*
July 12th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Why? There wouldn't be that much strain of the sheild, probably even less than there was at bottom of the ocean...
I think they would need stardrive to keep the orbit stable.

jenks
July 12th, 2007, 04:30 AM
I doubt it, but anyway, would they need to be in orbit around a planet at all?

*Erika*
July 12th, 2007, 04:33 AM
They also wouldn't be able to cloak the city.

jenks
July 12th, 2007, 04:40 AM
That's a good point.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 05:48 PM

Don't they need to be near a planet in order to activate the stargate because of needing a point in space to lock on to for the point of origin? Or am I wrong?

PG15
July 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Nah, a planet is not mandatory. All they need to know is the coordinates of where they are, planet or no.

Unfortunately, they don't have that either.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Nah, a planet is not mandatory. All they need to know is the coordinates of where they are, planet or no.

Unfortunately, they don't have that either.

Gotcha. It would still be too much power to maintain the shield 24/7 so they've got to land somewhere.

Ehecatl
July 14th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Rodney suddenly remembers that the chair is powered by a zpm too and they swap out the zpm in the generator for the one in the chair. Or the replicators left behind extra zpms for future use and they stumble upon them.

PG15
July 14th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Ugh, how many times do we have to go through this: the city is powered by 3 ZPMs only! There is no mysterious, never seen, never heard-of 4th ZPM powering the damn chair.

Redhooks
July 14th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I'm not so sure you are correct with that assumption. The strain on the shield would be from the inside in outerspace to keep atmosphere in, whereas the strain on the shield is on the outside when it was at the bottom of the ocean. You would still have a strain either way. The difference would be in the change of atmo. pressure from normal (inside the shield) to outside (no pressure in space and higher pressure under water.) The greater the difference between the outside mediums and the normal pressure inside would mean the larger strain on the shield. Pressure always wants to equalize itself. You could calculate the pressure difference if you know the depth of the ocean floor and the density of the water.

Ehecatl said: Rodney suddenly remembers that the chair is powered by a zpm too and they swap out the zpm in the generator for the one in the chair

Ugh, how many times do we have to go through this: the city is powered by 3 ZPMs only! There is no mysterious, never seen, never heard-of 4th ZPM powering the damn chair.
The chair in the outpost in Antartica had its own ZPM because it was designed to be detached from the main city. The chair within the city is powered as PG15 said.

scifi_lemon
July 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM
I'm not so sure you are correct with that assumption. The strain on the shield would be from the inside in outerspace to keep atmosphere in, whereas the strain on the shield is on the outside when it was at the bottom of the ocean. You would still have a strain either way.

ITA. Like on the lava planet, running a shield continuously, despite the conditions, takes a lot of power and can cause problems.

The chair in the outpost in Antartica had its own ZPM because it was designed to be detached from the main city. The chair within the city is powered as PG15 said.

Exactly. The chair in Atlantis linked with the main power systems and would run off the ZPMs.

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Agreed, but lets make sure there is no threat of monster hurricanes.;)

jenks
July 15th, 2007, 03:34 AM
I'm not so sure you are correct with that assumption. The strain on the shield would be from the inside in outerspace to keep atmosphere in, whereas the strain on the shield is on the outside when it was at the bottom of the ocean. You would still have a strain either way. The difference would be in the change of atmo. pressure from normal (inside the shield) to outside (no pressure in space and higher pressure under water.) The greater the difference between the outside mediums and the normal pressure inside would mean the larger strain on the shield. Pressure always wants to equalize itself. You could calculate the pressure difference if you know the depth of the ocean floor and the density of the water.

Well inspace the difference would be one atmosphere, I'd of thought the difference would be much more than that at the bottom of the ocean...

Xeon_1
July 15th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Well inspace the difference would be one atmosphere, I'd of thought the difference would be much more than that at the bottom of the ocean...

Per 10 meters of water on earth you get a about 1 atmosfeer extra
This is for normal water and not sea water witch is a bit more dense

hazg
July 17th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Just read JM's blog for the day and he has commented that Carter will appear in Ep 1 of the season.
What i want to know is how does the SGC find out about the problem on Atlantis in enough time to send rescue and carter in whatever form most likely on a ship.

jenks
July 17th, 2007, 05:33 PM
We know she'll be in Adrift, but we don't know if she'll be on Atlantis, we could just as easily see her in a transmission through the gate...

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Just read JM's blog for the day and he has commented that Carter will appear in Ep 1 of the season.
What i want to know is how does the SGC find out about the problem on Atlantis in enough time to send rescue and carter in whatever form most likely on a ship.

The Apollo would be my guess. They figure out that they didn't make it and send a message to Earth.

elbo
July 18th, 2007, 02:00 AM

If they said Carter will appear in Ep.1, this doesn't mean that she will be automaticaly in Atlantis or Pegasus. She could appear in alternate scenes from SGC or Daedalus.

Or she could meet with Apollo via SGC-Puddle Jumper-Midway Station-some planet in Pegasus. In the same way, but reversed, Apollo could send a message back to SGC, informing them about the new development.

Gen_J_O'Neill
July 18th, 2007, 05:14 AM

My guess would be that the Apollo sends a subspace message back to the SGC. Landry sends Carter and Lee through the gate to a gate in Pegasus (using the zpm aboard Odyssey) where they are beamed up to the Apollo and go in search of Atlantis.

We know she'll be in Adrift, but we don't know if she'll be on Atlantis, we could just as easily see her in a transmission through the gate...

I think she will be actually in Atlantis. If I recal correctly AT did an interview for Scifi World in which she stated that she helped out with the probel and then the Atlantis crew are like "your leaving? why not stay?" and she goes "no, no I have to go". It's only specualtion on what she said but to me it was pretty clear.

hazg
July 18th, 2007, 08:12 AM
i think she'll be on atlantis in adrift. it would be good to see her and mckay working together from the start, solving the problem in atlantis.

Mitchell82
July 18th, 2007, 09:25 AM
i think she'll be on atlantis in adrift. it would be good to see her and mckay working together from the start, solving the problem in atlantis.

I can't see how. Atlantis is in the middle of nowhere in Pegasus. My guess is that she will be at the SGC and then is sent in search of Atlantis.

scifi_lemon
July 18th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I can't see how. Atlantis is in the middle of nowhere in Pegasus. My guess is that she will be at the SGC and then is sent in search of Atlantis.

ITA. She'll probably be coordinating the search and rescue for them.