PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Wormhole
March 6th, 2007, 12:06 AM
New episode then???

From JM's Blog

Peter writes: “If you were to assign one word for each episode in the first half of Season 4 of Atlantis […] what would they be?

Answer: Adrift (desperation), Lifeline (gamble), Reunion (roots), Travelers (rivalry), Missing (missing).

PG15
March 6th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Oh boy. Something tells me this is going to lead to a lot of misunderstandings on the forum.

It's like naming an episode "Unknown" or something.

Wormhole
March 6th, 2007, 12:12 AM
lol, And I’d hazarded a guess that it will either come before or after Doublegangger. I’m going for the later:D .

Elite Anubis Guard
March 6th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I'm gonna assume that something is...missing.

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM
^ lol, thats just gold! ;)

I'm wondering whether it could have something to do with this line in the poem JM wrote on his blog:
"A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn."

But it's really hard to speculate at this point!

travis
March 6th, 2007, 04:44 AM
May be this is where Weir goes missing LOL just a speculation:)

Linzi
March 6th, 2007, 05:20 AM
^ lol, thats just gold! ;)

I'm wondering whether it could have something to do with this line in the poem JM wrote on his blog:
"A strange disappearance feeds another’s dark turn."

But it's really hard to speculate at this point!
It is hard to speculate, I agree - but it is a lot of fun! I was wondering if Weir disappears and Sheppard goes all dark because of it? Or maybe someone else does?

May be this is where Weir goes missing LOL just a speculation:)
I wondered that too. It seems the most likely explanation. Of course it could be something entirely different, but we do know Weir is involved in an arc in season 4.

Wormhole
March 6th, 2007, 05:59 AM
With what’s been going on, Weir certainly seems the most obvious candidate. Maybe the new race has some involvement to? My guess would be either Sheppard or McKay who will go all dark. Maybe the reason for Carter stepping into cover, as Sheppard will more likely refuses to take over, as he'd rather join the search.

I think the correct words pointed out to us, was that Weir is a significant player in the story arc.

I think Teyla does have a story arc to play in this though.

jenks
March 6th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I hope so, maybe she can go missing too!

mcbarr
March 6th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Yeah, too bad that is not going to happen. :D

sueKay
March 6th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Just an idle thought

"A strange dissappearance feeds another's dark turn"

Maybe Weir goes missing and this is what kick-starts the Teyla arc, since we're supposed to see a darker side of her.

Wormhole
March 6th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Just an idle thought

Maybe Weir goes missing and this is what kick-starts the Teyla arc, since we're supposed to see a darker side of her.

I like that idea. Maybe she feels guilty if she had the chance to stop it.

Oreo
March 6th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Well the way the writers treat the charaters on the show I'm guessing that a charaterwill go missing and be "killed off".

Elite Anubis Guard
March 6th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Just an idle thought

That I would love!

jenks
March 6th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Well the way the writers treat the charaters on the show I'm guessing that a charaterwill go missing and be "killed off".

Yep, those poor fictional characters!

Mitchell82
March 6th, 2007, 08:57 PM

I doubt Weir or another character will be axed. I think Weir will simply have a reduced role but it won't stop me from watching if she leaves permantly.

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Just an idle thought

Would be interesting. Maybe we won't see as much "Nice Teyla". Probably more of "Amazon Teyla". :teyla:

IWantToBelieve
March 8th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I was thinking (spoilers for Travelers)

That maybe it continues the story in Travelers and it's Sheppard that's missing, but then I realized, nah, we're not that lucky for the storyline to take up two episodes. But I can dream!

Gate Geek
March 8th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I was thinking (spoilers for Travelers)

That maybe it continues the story in Travelers and it's Sheppard that's missing, but then I realized, nah, we're not that lucky for the storyline to take up two episodes. But I can dream!

That would be fab and one i would certainly enjoy!!

I thought I read somewhere that S4 may have more story arcs to it? So anything is possible. Guess we have a long wait till fall to find out. *mumble grumble*

IWantToBelieve
March 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I did hear that and I think it's a wonderful idea. IMO, one of the main problems with SGA is that they don't have enough time to tell these stories so things get rushed or chopped up and they don't live up to the full potential. By going with arcs, they can do so much more.

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 12:18 PM
I did hear that and I think it's a wonderful idea. IMO, one of the main problems with SGA is that they don't have enough time to tell these stories so things get rushed or chopped up and they don't live up to the full potential. By going with arcs, they can do so much more.

I am in full agreement. Small sci-fi arcs can accomplish a lot, and in some ways, can be easier on production resources, budgets, and if done right, can generate some great ratings!!!

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I am in full agreement. Small sci-fi arcs can accomplish a lot, and in some ways, can be easier on production resources, budgets, and if done right, can generate some great ratings!!!

Indeed they can. However IMHO TPTB can acomplish great things even in a rushed ep.

Gate Geek
March 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM

I think the small arcs are overdue as well. At lot of my fav shows have had them and they worked well. Here's hoping......

Gravity
March 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM
How about the Replicators/Asurans go missing...

(Hear me out before you get the wood for the stake)

We(atlantis) are gone from the place where the enemy knew we were... We also know where the Asurans are situated...who's going to stop us from attacking their homeworld once again...

What if we went back to their homeworld to check up on them and (drum roll) Discovered them "MISSING"

They packed up and moved to another planet and we now sit with that element of who;s going to find who 1st?

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 11:27 PM

We(atlantis) are gone from the place where the enemy knew we were... We also know where the Asurans are situated...who's going to stop us from attacking their homeworld once again...

What if we went back to their homeworld to check up on them and (drum roll) Discovered them "MISSING"

They packed up and moved to another planet and we now sit with that element of who;s going to find who 1st?
Hmm possible.

Gate Geek
March 9th, 2007, 05:20 AM

That sounds intertesting. :)

The only thing I could see with this is that the Asurans will be completely forgotten until *poof* they magically appear in a future episode with no explanation or mention in any previuos episode about this 'warped cat and mouse' game.

Linzi
March 9th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I agree! :)

Killdeer
March 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I agree that Weir is the most likely one to go missing. And probably Sheppard is the one with the "dark turn". It would be cool if it were Teyla though.

JoeM has said that Weir is a player in a major arc. (Forgive me if I've misquoted, but I think that's how it went). So if the arc involved the search for her, she wouldn't necessarily have to appear in many episodes. Kind of like Daniel searching for Shau'ri. (Not that I'm a Shep/Weir shipper, I'm not.)

I'm willing to believe it could be something totally different though. Missing is a little further down in the order, and I was kind of expecting them to resolve the Weir situation in the first few episodes. Plus they already did the missing team member search with Ford, so...who knows? :D

Gate Geek
March 11th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I love the scenario of Weir going missing and Sheppard turning dark. Could this tie in with fellow chat pal Elinor's question asked and answered on JM's blog?

Elinor writes: “Can we expect a bit more of Sheppard 'pushed to his limits', as it were, in s4?”

Answer: Yup.

Just more answers than questions......

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I love the scenario of Weir going missing and Sheppard turning dark. Could this tie in with fellow chat pal Elinor's question asked and answered on JM's blog?

Just more answers than questions......

I hope so I love that idea!

Daniel Jackson
April 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM
The 5th episode is titled "Missing." This leads me to wonder if Weir will remain in charge of Atlantis until Episode 5 and then go missing with Carter being her successor in the remaining 14 of the remaining 15 episodes.

What do you think?

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 12:12 PM
The 5th episode is titled "Missing." This leads me to wonder if Weir will remain in charge of Atlantis until Episode 5 and then go missing with Carter being her successor in the remaining 14 of the remaining 15 episodes.

What do you think?

According to spoilers for Reunion, Carter is already in charge of Atlantis, so it's my guess that it's Teyla who goes missing.

Daniel Jackson
April 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
GateWorld lists "Reunion" as Episode 7.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM
I concur with Sanssong. Reunion is listed as no.3 and Carter seems to be in full command mode by this time. That would mean that Missing would have to be episode 2 for it to be Weir. But episode 2 is Lifeline (which happens to have Weir) and Missing could be anyone else on the expedition except Weir....but as due to the info on the arc for S4, it's most probably Teyla.

Wormhole
April 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM

What do you think?

That would be my assumption to, considering who’s writing the story but then he’s good at writing for both Elizabeth and Teyla. But there’s still no reason why Weir is only a recurring and not a main character. This was the only reason I could think of, but who knows?????.

Uber
April 10th, 2007, 12:22 PM
GateWorld lists "Reunion" as Episode 7.Gateworld's off. Per Joe M's blog, it looks as though Reunion will air third.
Linzi writes: “Adrift (desperation), Lifeline (gamble), Reunion (roots), Travelers (rivalry), Missing (missing). Is that the order you expect the episodes to air in?”

Answer: Yes.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
GateWorld lists "Reunion" as Episode 7.

I've said this on the Save Weir thread...

JM did say that Reunion was Episode 3.

Here's the link ( http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/03/march-6-2007.html).

Linzi writes: “Adrift (desperation), Lifeline (gamble), Reunion (roots), Travelers (rivalry), Missing (missing). Is that the order you expect the episodes to air in?”

Answer: Yes.
Plus he's mentioned in his blog that GW has had incorrect information,

Here's the link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/03/march-12-2007.html).

Linzi writes: “I was reading GW's Home page headline info about spoilers for Travelers, and they report that Travelers is not due to air fourth.”

Answer: They’re wrong. Travelers will air fourth.

So I'd sooner believe his order, since he's said GW has had it incorrect in the past. Or just ask him for verification.

Wormhole
April 10th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Actually thinking about it this would explain why Carter is in command and not Sheppard… Someone just reminded me of a phrase. ‘I'll do anything for my friends.' And with the quote Weir being a ‘Significant player.’ She’s probably the one to kick start Teyla’s arc as they were becoming close friends by the end of season three.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Where did it say that Carter would be in charge by Reunion?
It wasn't in any of the spoilers I read, If your refering to the set tour info (Carter's Office) well that could have ben left over from "Dopplegangers" episode 8, which filmed first to allow Cooper to work on "Ark of Truth"

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Actually thinking about it this would explain why Carter is in command and not Sheppard… Someone just reminded me of a phrase. ‘I'll do anything for my friends.' And with the quote Weir being a ‘Significant player.’ She’s probably the one to kick start Teyla’s arc as they were becoming close friends by the end of season three.

Okay then...so Weir goes missing in Lifeline so that Carter comes in, in Reunion as leader, and then what about Missing? Unless Weir quits in Lifeline, but is still on hand until Missing and then she goes missing?! I'm trying to connect your meaning. Weir play a role in an arc, but with Lifeline is three epsidoes from Missing. with Carter/Allies (possible) dividing the two, it would mean that Missing would have to be episode 2, in order for it to fit Weir. But missing is 3 away. It just doesn't work, unless we just wait for S4, or JM gives us more than we're going with.

As for them being close friends. I gave up on that relationship at the beginning of S3. They're just closer than acquaintances, but far from friends. Two seasons went by and nothing, you can't force feed me snippets in 3 episodes 3 years later and expect me to eat it.:mckay:

Where did it say that Carter would be in charge by Reunion?
It wasn't in any of the spoilers I read, If your refering to the set tour info (Carter's Office) well that could have ben left over from "Dopplegangers" episode 8, which filmed first to allow Cooper to work on "Ark of Truth"

I'm going to pm you that information. Check your messages SW.

Linzi
April 10th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Missing is a story about The Athosians and Teyla, I believe. I don't think Teyla will go missing, more someone going missing will make her go a little dark. At least that's what some of us have been speculating. Though there are no firm spoilers. My info was gathered from those who went on set tours at the recent Con in Vancouver. They saw artists drawings from Missing, and have said what they saw. There were no piccies allowed though.

Reunion will indeed air third. JM confirmed it in his blog when I asked him again yesterday. I have reported the news to GW so they can alter their Reunion spoiler story if they so wish :)

Uber
April 10th, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm going to pm you that information. Check your messages SW.PM me too since I haven't heard that bit myself.

Ltcolshepjumper
April 10th, 2007, 01:38 PM
PM me too since I haven't heard that bit myself.

Ditto.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Missing is a story about The Athosians and Teyla, I believe. I don't think Teyla will go missing, more someone going missing will make her go a little dark. At least that's what some of us have been speculating. Though there are no firm spoilers. My info was gathered from those who went on set tours at the recent Con in Vancouver. They saw artists drawings from Missing, and have said what they saw. There were no piccies allowed though.

Reunion will indeed air third. JM confirmed it in his blog when I asked him again yesterday. I have reported the news to GW so they can alter their Reunion spoiler story if they so wish :)

Wow, Linz...that's a bloody great idea. That's far better than just a Teyla arc. Oh my gosh Linz...if I wasn't already committed to Willow's Cat, I'd propose. I'm sure she'll be jealous over my gushing of your news.

Now what is this missing about do you think besides Athosians. You think if WEir was right in The Gift, that the Wraith are doing tests again on humans? Or does it relate to what Michael was doing.

I recently asked JM about Teyla's people on Athos and whether they had the ancient gene and if we'd be revisiting Athos to see that sister city-ship. His answer was, probably. Which makes me think there's a likely chance...do you think all these might be related to this story.

This does make for an interesting arc and my speculation bunnies are hopping around...Thanks Linzi!!

Linzi
April 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Wow, Linz...that's a bloody great idea. That's far better than just a Teyla arc. Oh my gosh Linz...if I wasn't already committed to Willow's Cat, I'd propose. I'm sure she'll be jealous over my gushing of your news.

Now what is this missing about do you think besides Athosians. You think if WEir was right in The Gift, that the Wraith are doing tests again on humans? Or does it relate to what Michael was doing.

I recently asked JM about Teyla's people on Athos and whether they had the ancient gene and if we'd be revisiting Athos to see that sister city-ship. His answer was, probably. Which makes me think there's a likely chance...do you think all these might be related to this story.

This does make for an interesting arc and my speculation bunnies are hopping around...Thanks Linzi!!
To be honest, I have no idea what may happen. We do know there's going to be lots of fighting and action in Missing, as Joe answered my question about which episodes had physical action, gun shooting, running around, throwing around etc.. and Missing was one of those he listed, (along with Lifeline and Travelers).

I know Missing definitely has the Athosians in it, at least that's what I was told, so I can only take the word of my friend on what she saw. Some of us have speculated that someone goes missing and that Teyla goes a little dark because of Joe's poem where he said someone going missing feeds anothers dark turn. It can't easily be one of the remaining cast that goes missing unless we see where they are, I suppose.

As I said, this is just speculation on my part, and that could be totally wrong. It sounds a really interesting episode, and I believe Joe said it's a dark episode too on his blog. Hope that helps?

Wormhole
April 10th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Okay then...so Weir goes missing in Lifeline so that Carter comes in, in Reunion as leader, and then what about Missing? Unless Weir quits in Lifeline, but is still on hand until Missing and then she goes missing?! I'm trying to connect your meaning. Weir play a role in an arc, but with Lifeline is three epsidoes from Missing. with Carter/Allies (possible) dividing the two, it would mean that Missing would have to be episode 2, in order for it to fit Weir. But missing is 3 away. It just doesn't work, unless we just wait for S4, or JM gives us more than we're going with.

As for them being close friends. I gave up on that relationship at the beginning of S3. They're just closer than acquaintances, but far from friends. Two seasons went by and nothing, you can't force feed me snippets in 3 episodes 3 years later and expect me to eat it.:mckay:

Joe said Weir is a ‘significant player’ in season four I can only hazard a guess. If that means she plays a part in Teyla’s arc? Being the one to go missing and Teyla goes dark because of it maybe Teyla had a chance to prevent Weir going missing. The team start a search for her leaving Carter in command rather then Carter heading back to Earth 'The support role;) .'

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one if I were you.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 02:04 PM
To be honest, I have no idea what may happen. We do know there's going to be lots of fighting and action in Missing, as Joe answered my question about which episodes had physical action, gun shooting, running around, throwing around etc.. and Missing was one of those he listed, (along with Lifeline and Travelers).

I know Missing definitely has the Athosians in it, at least that's what I was told, so I can only take the word of my friend on what she saw. Some of us have speculated that someone goes missing and that Teyla goes a little dark because of Joe's poem where he said someone going missing feeds anothers dark turn. It can't easily be one of the remaining cast that goes missing unless we see where they are, I suppose.

As I said, this is just speculation on my part, and that could be totally wrong. It sounds a really interesting episode, and I believe Joe said it's a dark episode too on his blog. Hope that helps?

It helps a great deal. Shoot...if this is true lead on where the ep goes, I didnt think I could get any more excited about S4. I'm going to faint *ded* away. ~sigh~ This is just fabulous news. :D The Athosians AND Teyla, pure greatness. Like the Satedans AND Ronon----stuff we've been missing since S2 is arriving finally.

By the way Linzi you have to ask aagin if we'll get an update on Shep's backstory next month, or I'll ask...hopefully JM will have something for the second half on paper.

Linzi
April 10th, 2007, 02:06 PM
It helps a great deal. Shoot...if this is true lead on where the ep goes, I didnt think I could get any more excited about S4. I'm going to faint *ded* away. ~sigh~ This is just fabulous news. :D The Athosians AND Teyla, pure greatness. Like the Satedans AND Ronon----stuff we've been missing since S2 is arriving finally.

By the way Linzi you have to ask aagin if we'll get an update on Shep's backstory next month, or I'll ask...hopefully JM will have something for the second half on paper.
I'll keep asking, don't worry.

Missing sounds an intriguing episode.

I don't think the story will invole Weir though, to be honest.

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Joe said Weir is a ‘significant player’ in season four I can only hazard a guess. If that means she plays a part in Teyla’s arc? Being the one to go missing and Teyla goes dark because of it maybe Teyla had a chance to prevent Weir going missing. The team start a search for her leaving Carter in command rather then Carter heading back to Earth 'The support role;) .'

No, Joe said that she was a significant player in the Teyla arc, not a significant player in the season. As much as you want it, I don't see that it's Weir going missing. And *sigh* The support role Carter is playing will be very much in Pegasus. I know it's hard for you all to let go of a character you love, but she's going all the same.

Linzi
April 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
No, Joe said that she was a significant player in the Teyla arc, not a significant player in the season. As much as you want it, I don't see that it's Weir going missing.
I don't remember Joe saying Weir was a significant player in a Teyla arc. I believe he said Weir was a player in a significant arc. I take that to mean what we see in the first few episodes only.

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM

THAT would be awesome! From the Reunion spoilers I've read, Carter is clearly in charge already, so yeah.... this looks to be all about the Teyla! Whoot!

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I don't remember Joe saying Weir was a significant player in a Teyla arc. I believe he said Weir was a player in a significant arc. I take that to mean what we see in the first few episodes only.

I think it amounts to the same thing, but I'm pretty sure, he said it was Teyla's arc.... I'll have to research. But I'm with you in thinking that she's not around much after the first few eps of the season.

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, to follow Linzi, JM did say that Weir plays a role in an arc, that's true. But he never said it was directly Teyla related. At the moment we know of one season long arc for Teyla (but so was S1). The Weir playing a role could be McKay related and also since I'm hearing whispers about Earth and Jeannie might be coming back (speculation but one never knows).

Carter is still leader in Reunion. Which is two episodes BEFORE Missing. So again your idea doesn't work or flow with the episode timeline. Further more I can't see Teyla going dark over one person...several yes, one no! You saw the way she was in S1, after the Brotherhood and she was good friends with that family. In any event, I find that story idea weak.

sanssong
April 10th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Yeah, to follow Linzi, JM did say that Weir plays a role in an arc, that's true. [spoiler]But he never said it was directly Teyla related. At the moment we know of one season long arc for Teyla (but so was S1).

Okay, okay, I give! This first arc is not a Teyla one! lol! But whatever it is, it's sounding better all the time.

s09119
April 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I have an idea:
Weir is recovering in Atlantis, and asks Teyla to be her representative around the city while she's down for the count. Carter sends her and Sheppard's team to another planet for diplomatic talks, and Teyla vanishes during a break in the action. Weir feels terrible for putting her in such risk, and asks Carter to send a team after her. The Expedition finally reaches her, but not before she's been tortured for information by the planet's inhabitants, who are trying to find better ways to defend themselves from the Wraith and knew of Teyla's connection to Atlantis. They revover her and bring her home, but Teyla is shaken and (Cue Dark arc!)

vaberella
April 10th, 2007, 07:07 PM
I have an idea:
Weir is recovering in Atlantis, and asks Teyla to be her representative around the city while she's down for the count. Carter sends her and Sheppard's team to another planet for diplomatic talks, and Teyla vanishes during a break in the action. Weir feels terrible for putting her in such risk, and asks Carter to send a team after her. The Expedition finally reaches her, but not before she's been tortured for information by the planet's inhabitants, who are trying to find better ways to defend themselves from the Wraith and knew of Teyla's connection to Atlantis. They revover her and bring her home, but Teyla is shaken and (Cue Dark arc!)

Explain to me how the Athosians fit in, and JM has confirmed them in the first half of the season. Lastly, I'm still trying to figure out you're point on Weir having Teyla as rep. She wouldn't have authority...that would be up to Carter. Further more, why would Weir feel bad? Teyla has been negotiating longer, Teyla is leader of her people and came on the show saying she's traded with HUNDREDS of planets and people. If that's the case, Weir shouldn't feel bad she put Teyla in danger. I just don't see it as a viable storyline. Also, John and the team would be on this diplomatic talk with Teyla---as Weir would be. That would mean that if Teyla was kidnapped and tortured the others would be in the same predicament. Lastly, John wouldn't leave Teyla behind...maybe Lorne we saw this in The Ark. So I don't see the spec as very realistic, although you could be right, it just doesn't float properly to me. It gives me the impression that it's reaching to include Weir, where really she's not needed.

Mitchell82
April 10th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'll keep asking, don't worry.

Missing sounds an intriguing episode.

I don't think the story will invole Weir though, to be honest.

I can't wait. Season 4 sounds better and better.

pilgrim soul
April 11th, 2007, 02:16 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested before as I confess to being too lazy to have read through the thread. :o Feel free to moan at me if I'm going over old ground.

Here's my speculation:What if after things have been settled on Atlantis they head back to the Athosian settlement (remember they are on that shiny new planet the Ancients relocated them to in The Return pt2) and find them missing, the entire settlement gone, rather like the Super volcano people from Vengeance? It could be left open as to their fate.

JM has said a character will go a little darkside this year and I think that would be a wonderful arc for Teyla and what could hurt her more than the loss of her people.

What do you think?

Linzi
April 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I don't know if this has been suggested before as I confess to being too lazy to have read through the thread. :o Feel free to moan at me if I'm going over old ground.

Here's my speculation:What if after things have been settled on Atlantis they head back to the Athosian settlement (remember they are on that shiny new planet the Ancients relocated them to in The Return pt2) and find them missing, the entire settlement gone, rather like the Super volcano people from Vengeance? It could be left open as to their fate.

JM has said a character will go a little darkside this year and I think that would be a wonderful arc for Teyla and what could hurt her more than the loss of her people.

What do you think?
That's a wonderful idea and could easily happen. Definitely I think something sinister will happen/has happened in the episode. I rather like your idea.:)

vaberella
April 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM
That's a wonderful idea and could easily happen. Definitely I think something sinister will happen/has happened in the episode. I rather like your idea.:)

I concur with Linzi on Josie's idea. That's the direction I could see it realistically going.

On an off topic note, I notice that the Shep thunkers (Sanssong, Josie, and Linzi) seem to have John all in a similar expression---pre "WOAH"!

:sheppardanime23:

pilgrim soul
April 12th, 2007, 01:00 AM
I concur with Linzi on Josie's idea. That's the direction I could see it realistically going.

On an off topic note, I notice that the Shep thunkers (Sanssong, Josie, and Linzi) seem to have John all in a similar expression---pre "WOAH"!

:sheppardanime23:

I'm glad other people think my idea's plausible it kind of came to me the other night as I was drifting off to sleep.

And as for the Shep expression, you have to admit he does look rather adorable like that, doesn't he? :D

Alipeeps
April 12th, 2007, 03:30 AM

I saw your question and Joe's answer.. though I don't think Joe specifically adressed the issue of the "sister city ship" in his answer. That is, I think, something of a misconception... it was never said in Rising that the abandoned city on Athos was a Lantean city and definitely not that it is a sister city ship to Atlantis (like the city in The Tower). It was supposed to be an Athosian city.. built by them in a time when their society was more advanced, before repeated Wraith cullings pushed them back to a more simple, nomadic lifestyle in order to survive.

Added to that, there is also the issue that, after the events of Rising, the Wraith scorched Athos bare in revenge for the Athosians rebellion. I'm guessing that means the city was destroyed too?

vaberella
April 12th, 2007, 06:16 AM
And as for the Shep expression, you have to admit he does look rather adorable like that, doesn't he? :D

That he does. :D

I saw your question and Joe's answer.. though I don't think Joe specifically adressed the issue of the "sister city ship" in his answer. That is, I think, something of a misconception... it was never said in Rising that the abandoned city on Athos was a Lantean city and definitely not that it is a sister city ship to Atlantis (like the city in The Tower). It was supposed to be an Athosian city.. built by them in a time when their society was more advanced, before repeated Wraith cullings pushed them back to a more simple, nomadic lifestyle in order to survive.

Added to that, there is also the issue that, after the events of Rising, the Wraith scorched Athos bare in revenge for the Athosians rebellion. I'm guessing that means the city was destroyed too?

Well it's no misconception on my part. I know there's a possibility it's not a sister city-ship. But I'm going by the design of the place and it's look. If The Tower had one, there is a strong possibility the Athos city was another one.

I do have to say I don't agree with everything you've said. Teyla made no claim that the city was of her people, John did say that. And as for people from that planet where the city is located, then in affect it would be theirs. She referred to it as "the old city"...The drawings on the wall she showed John she even says she believed was before her city was even torched...with an advanced City drawn and Wraith ships attacking. This is why she says she believes that it's prophesized that the Wraith would be awakened en masse anyway. But to go back to the planet. There is enough evidence within the episode of rising to deduce that it was an Ancient ship. So far no city we have seen of advanced cultures within the PG have looked anywhere similar to the design of an Ancient City-ship...so far it has only been the ruins on Athos and of course the castle/underground structure in The Tower as reminiscint.

As for your last statement I'm not sure. Are you referring to the drawing Teyla showed John or to the final culling that day?

PG15
April 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Small tidbit for this episode:

Suekay writes: “Which episode in the first half of season four are you most looking forward to? And which episodes should fans be looking forward to most for each member of the Team?”

Answer: To be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing all of the first half episodes this season. I think we have an exceptionally strong line-up for season four so far. As for which episodes fans should be looking forward to most for each member of the team - it‘s tough to say only because my opinion could be very different from fan opinion especially when you start factoring in the different fan factions. But, in my opinnion, I’d say: Travelers for Sheppard, Miller’s Crossing for McKay, Reunion for Ronon, Missing for Teyla, The Seer for Carter, This Mortal Coil for Weir, and Missing again for Keller.

Jodi518
April 15th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Lets say im very interested to see this episode the most and i have to wait until bloody FALL!!!!!!!!! lol

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 08:13 PM

What do you think?

I think it's an awesome idea. I like it better than the idea of Teyla going missing and Sheppard being the one going dark looking for her, mainly because that idea put Teyla in the damsel in distress role, whereas this idea gives her a stronger/less passive role to play. I hope it works out this way. :D

I hope you don't mind - I crossposted a link to your post over in the Joe Mallozzi's Poem thread. We've been talking about the poem hints as they relate to episode spoilers, and I think your theory is an awesome one, not just for Missing, but for Teyla's whole arc. Here's the post, but if it's a problem for you, I'll take it down. :o

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=6569991#post6569991

pilgrim soul
April 16th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I think it's an awesome idea. I like it better than the idea of Teyla going missing and Sheppard being the one going dark looking for her, mainly because that idea put Teyla in the damsel in distress role, whereas this idea gives her a stronger/less passive role to play. I hope it works out this way. :D

I hope you don't mind - I crossposted a link to your post over in the Joe Mallozzi's Poem thread. We've been talking about the poem hints as they relate to episode spoilers, and I think your theory is an awesome one, not just for Missing, but for Teyla's whole arc. Here's the post, but if it's a problem for you, I'll take it down. :o

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=6569991#post6569991

No that's fine, we're all here to share our speculations anyway right? :)

And I agree with you Teyla needs a strong arc of her own that isn't just a by-product of what's happening to someone else or the catalyst for development for one of the other characters. Teyla and Rachel Luttrell deserve better.

Killdeer
April 16th, 2007, 08:57 AM
No that's fine, we're all here to share our speculations anyway right? :)

And I agree with you Teyla needs a strong arc of her own that isn't just a by-product of what's happening to someone else or the catalyst for development for one of the other characters. Teyla and Rachel Luttrell deserve better.

Thanks! And I totally agree with you. :D

Mitchell82
April 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
The more I see and hear the more each of these eps sound amazing. Also thought you guys would like to see this one seems to be a creature of some kind, the other, a throwing star.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RiqmCwqupII/AAAAAAAACys/Ai3nvsY3YU4/s1600-h/DSC03808.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Riql6gqupHI/AAAAAAAACyk/E36gL2Gh1sA/s1600-h/DSC03809.JPG

Buba uognarf
April 26th, 2007, 03:32 AM
Ok from the spoilers we've heard about from 'Seer' this is what i think may happen in missing;

As we know missing is supposed to be a Teyla episode, we also know from spoilers from the 'Seer' that is presumably later in the season Teyla is worried about the fate of her missing people! So what if 'missing' is actually Teyla's anthosian people going missing and something bad happening to them and the Atlantis team is sent to find out what and something obviously happens to Teyla during the episode.

thoughts?

Gate Geek
April 26th, 2007, 05:07 AM

What do you think?

I think you are nearly spot on josie. I do believe it will be the Athosian people/settlement missing. ;)

The more I see and hear the more each of these eps sound amazing. Also thought you guys would like to see this one seems to be a creature of some kind, the other, a throwing star.
http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RiqmCwqupII/AAAAAAAACys/Ai3nvsY3YU4/s1600-h/DSC03808.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Riql6gqupHI/AAAAAAAACyk/E36gL2Gh1sA/s1600-h/DSC03809.JPG

SQUEE!!! I saw that throwing star being machined on the set tour. Very cool. ;)

I am getting very excited for this ep!!

*Erika*
April 26th, 2007, 04:18 PM

I wonder how these fit into the plot. A throwing star carved on a tree? Maybe in some kind of attack?

Ok from the spoilers we've heard about from 'Seer' this is what i think may happen in missing;

As we know missing is supposed to be a Teyla episode, we also know from spoilers from the 'Seer' that is presumably later in the season Teyla is worried about the fate of her missing people! So what if 'missing' is actually Teyla's anthosian people going missing and something bad happening to them and the Atlantis team is sent to find out what and something obviously happens to Teyla during the episode.

thoughts?

I agree with this idea, but I'm still trying to figure out Keller's participation on this ep. Acording to JM she will be part of the ep too.

Gate Geek
April 26th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I wonder how these fit into the plot. A throwing star carved on a tree? Maybe in some kind of attack?

I agree with this idea, but I'm still trying to figure out Keller's participation on this ep. Acording to JM she will be part of the ep too.

The star thing is not carved onto a tree, but rather it is used to stick a particular person to a tree. Of course, a real tree was not used, but a very nice machined tree. Can't damage those trees in Capilano ya know. ;)

*Erika*
April 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The star thing is not carved onto a tree, but rather it is used to stick a particular person to a tree. Of course, a real tree was not used, but a very nice machined tree. Can't damage those trees in Capilano ya know. ;)

Even better!

Oenone
April 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM

thoughts?
Totally agree. I believe that the Athosian people are those that go missing in "Missing." I also wonder if this eppy will be responsible for Teyla's "little incident" her pregnancy later on in the season.

I am really looking forward to this episode. Teyla has always been the character that I wanted to be my favorite. A strong woman. However, we just haven't seen anything phenomenal with her yet. Maybe season 4 will change that. Also, looking back at JM's poem, apparently this dissapearance will lead to a darker side of her, which is awesome, in my opinion.

Mitchell82
April 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I think you are nearly spot on josie. I do believe it will be the Athosian people/settlement missing. ;)

SQUEE!!! I saw that throwing star being machined on the set tour. Very cool. ;)

I am getting very excited for this ep!!

Or could it be that teyla goes missing?

Gate Geek
April 28th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Or could it be that teyla goes missing?

My gut tells me no, but it seems like in S4 anything is possible. I still think it will be the Athosians. Guess we all have to wait to find out. That sucks. :sheppard33:

Linzi
April 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM
My gut tells me no, but it seems like in S4 anything is possible. I still think it will be the Athosians. Guess we all have to wait to find out. That sucks. :sheppard33:
I think it's the Athosians too. The whole lot of them. :)

Mitchell82
April 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM

I assume you mean the wait sucks? In that case yeah I agree, and as well as it being the Athosians.

scifan
April 28th, 2007, 07:54 PM

thoughts?

I agree. Also, someone asked in one of the threads, who knew where the Anthosians were relocated? Ladin was there in Return part 1. He was trying to convince Ronon and Teyla to join him. Maybe he has something to do with the disapperance of Teyla's people? Maybe they are somehow tied in with her pregnancy? That one was just wild guess. Most seem to lean towards Micheal eventhough JM says that he won't be in the first half of the season.

:sheppard: :teyla:

Mitchell82
April 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
I agree. Also, someone asked in one of the threads, who knew where the Anthosians were relocated? Ladin was there in Return part 1. He was trying to convince Ronon and Teyla to join him. Maybe he has something to do with the disapperance of Teyla's people? Maybe they are somehow tied in with her pregnancy? That one was just wild guess. Most seem to lean towards Micheal eventhough JM says that he won't be in the first half of the season.

:sheppard: :teyla:

Thats an interesting theory and if the case it means the genii are our enimies again, so that could work.

rarocks24
April 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
That wasn't the train of thought I was thinking of...I was thinking that the Wraith find out about Atlantis's whereabouts from the Athosians.

Mitchell82
April 28th, 2007, 08:23 PM
That wasn't the train of thought I was thinking of...I was thinking that the Wraith find out about Atlantis's whereabouts from the Athosians.

Ah sorry, I see your point now, thats what I get from skimming a post.:o

Gate Geek
April 30th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I assume you mean the wait sucks? In that case yeah I agree, and as well as it being the Athosians.

Yes, I do mean the waiting sucks. Not that the Athosians missing sucks. Sorry. :o

I'm getting excited to see what is all happening in this ep. Come on S4 hurry up and arrive!!

Linzi
April 30th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Yes, I do mean the waiting sucks. Not that the Athosians missing sucks. Sorry. :o

I'm getting excited to see what is all happening in this ep. Come on S4 hurry up and arrive!!
I agree. I'm getting so impatient waiting to hear when season 4 will air, let alone actually waiting to see the damn eppies! This one sounds really interesting.

Alipeeps
April 30th, 2007, 11:48 AM

The Athosians travel through the gate to trade with other worlds.. they always have. The Lanteans made use of this by getting the Athosians to introduce them to their trading partners etc. I'm sure the Athosians will have continued to travel through the gate and trade etc since the Ancients moved them to a planet "with their own stargate" and their new gate address would quickly become known. Atlantis is, to the best of our knowledge, the only society in Pegasus that hides its gate address and controls access to and travel through the gate.

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 01:29 AM
I agree. I'm getting so impatient waiting to hear when season 4 will air, let alone actually waiting to see the damn eppies! This one sounds really interesting.

*fiddels arround trying to get time machine to work* Now where'd I put that hydrospanner?:D

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2007, 01:30 AM
I know how everyone feels this wait is going to kill me must have season 4 NOW!:D

PG15
May 5th, 2007, 03:34 PM
You guys want to see some behind the scenes stuff for this episode?

Well, here it is: http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=25

Enjoy! :D

Alipeeps
May 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM

That's awesome! Thanks for the link! :D

Edit: I like Teyla's funky new leather coat! :D

Jeyla4ever
May 5th, 2007, 10:20 PM

WoW! thanks!

It looks like Teyla will be alone without the team since she will have her Athosian gear.

vaberella
May 6th, 2007, 05:53 AM

Oh my f'in [insert deity]!!!!

I LOVE YOU TEYLA!!

Thank you so much PG15. I love my girl fighting and that fight sequence was gorgeous. I love her leather...oh my lord, it looks like one of my own, not as cool mind you, but close enough. Anyway, I'm so loving it. I do want to know about the other girl.

At first I seriously thought there were two Teyla's. So I was wondering if that was her sister or something or just someone there. It was rather surprising to see the other girl. I adore the "cavemen". I liked RL's look to Bam-Bam....it was so something I would do, after doing something like that and he's grinning away. :D

Anyway great post! I love this! :D

How can anyone hate JM?! Or hate SGA?! It's beyond me, when there's this coolness. But then again I'm a 27 year old woman with the mindset of a 15 year old boy (target audience). So give me some fight scenes and a few explosions and I think it's fantastic! :D :D :D

Might I also mention I love RL's ability to make grunting sexy. And her "look" that I mentioned makes her resemble JLo again..:S ~sigh~ She's so cool!

WoW! thanks!

It looks like Teyla will be alone without the team since she will have her Athosian gear.

That doesn't mean she'll be alone. She could just be visiting her planet, and seeing her people. Whenever she visits them she puts on her Athosian attire. As seen in eps like Suspicion or Critical Mass and what she wore amongst her people during meetings with other tribes on her land like in Rising or The Return I. I just see her wearing her Athos gear and alone during the fighting sequence, I can't be certain if the team is not somewhere else on the planet, reconing for the "missing" settlement.

Jeyla4ever
May 6th, 2007, 09:44 AM
There's another girl? I thought that was her stunt double?

yeah, I do know that she wears her gear to visit her people, but not always. Remember in The Storm when she was coming back to Atlantis with John, she was wearing her gear. I"m not sure. Maybe she's visiting another planet to find out about her people and when she represents her people, she wears her attire. I'm still questioning though why she would be walking in the woods by herself. John wouldn't let her go alone or Ronon for that matter. I'm wondering if this is her going off on her own investigating. Again, not something major but still, I just can't see the team splitting up like that and then seeing her with her attire, is something that she doesn't do much when she's around the team. I"m thinking this is a heavily Teyla on her own and remember that Keller is going to play a role in this one as mentioned by JM in his blog. So, why bring Keller in? Will they find any Athosian survivors or something like that? Hm...should be very interesting. I"m even more excited cause they are really keeping this one hush-hush!

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Man that was awsome. Is it fall yet?

vaberella
May 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
There's another girl? I thought that was her stunt double?

yeah, I do know that she wears her gear to visit her people, but not always. Remember in The Storm when she was coming back to Atlantis with John, she was wearing her gear. I"m not sure. Maybe she's visiting another planet to find out about her people and when she represents her people, she wears her attire. I'm still questioning though why she would be walking in the woods by herself. John wouldn't let her go alone or Ronon for that matter. I'm wondering if this is her going off on her own investigating. Again, not something major but still, I just can't see the team splitting up like that and then seeing her with her attire, is something that she doesn't do much when she's around the team. I"m thinking this is a heavily Teyla on her own and remember that Keller is going to play a role in this one as mentioned by JM in his blog. So, why bring Keller in? Will they find any Athosian survivors or something like that? Hm...should be very interesting. I"m even more excited cause they are really keeping this one hush-hush!

Her stunt double was there, but then there's the other girl laying there and I wanted to knwo her purpose, was she purely for stunt or was she playing a role. This is referring to t he double in the grey who had her hair in the same fashion Teyla normally does. And we saw her stunt double wearing the leather and Teyla wearing the leather, who's the girl?!

As for The Storm...again that was more of a mission mobilization not a visit. When I mean visit, I mean a visit---as in hanging out to see how everyone is doing or when she meets up with others who know the Athosians and as leader dresses in her people's attire. The only time she didn't was in The Brotherhood and she was called out for that, since then she hasn't done that, ie Trinity is an example as well as Coup D'etat.
----------------------------------------------

If that's new Athos, Ronon or John don't have a leash on Teyla. What is this of her going off alone being a problem. She would know the area better than them, especially considering the fact that she was living on New Athos for months while Weir was losing her mind, John was making paper planes, and McKay was chatting up with aliens---and Beckett was playing Sensei Splinter to his wee baby turtles.

Plus it wouldn't matter, since Teyla is again her own authority. She just aids these cats. As for going off alone, I did explain that once. When Teyla visits her people she can do that on her own. She doesn't need mililtary guidance or supervision. She may need help if bringing back supplies but that's it. There is nothing else that would require their presence. Back when the Athos people were chillin' on the mainland then sure, she'd need someone to fly her out or boat her out or whatever...and so that would require someone with the ATA gene, most likely military as some of them were airforce and trained with the ATA gene or some of the scientists would like Carson. But that is not needed, all that she needs is to dial the gate and go for a walk. So she wouldn't need Atlantean guard assistance. And there's nothing to say she's not going alone and sees no one. Sure if Keller's there that could be Keller, I see going down while Teyla is taking on Capt. Cavemen and his trusty side kicks. The hair color sorta fits Keller's, just the style is Teyla's but meh, I didn't get a good look at the face.

Mitchell82
May 6th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Her stunt double was there, but then there's the other girl laying there and I wanted to knwo her purpose, was she purely for stunt or was she playing a role. This is referring to t he double in the grey who had her hair in the same fashion Teyla normally does. And we saw her stunt double wearing the leather and Teyla wearing the leather, who's the girl?!

As for The Storm...again that was more of a mission mobilization not a visit. When I mean visit, I mean a visit---as in hanging out to see how everyone is doing or when she meets up with others who know the Athosians and as leader dresses in her people's attire. The only time she didn't was in The Brotherhood and she was called out for that, since then she hasn't done that, ie Trinity is an example as well as Coup D'etat.
----------------------------------------------

If that's new Athos, Ronon or John don't have a leash on Teyla. What is this of her going off alone being a problem. She would know the area better than them, especially considering the fact that she was living on New Athos for months while Weir was losing her mind, John was making paper planes, and McKay was chatting up with aliens---and Beckett was playing Sensei Splinter to his wee baby turtles.

Plus it wouldn't matter, since Teyla is again her own authority. She just aids these cats. As for going off alone, I did explain that once. When Teyla visits her people she can do that on her own. She doesn't need mililtary guidance or supervision. She may need help if bringing back supplies but that's it. There is nothing else that would require their presence. Back when the Athos people were chillin' on the mainland then sure, she'd need someone to fly her out or boat her out or whatever...and so that would require someone with the ATA gene, most likely military as some of them were airforce and trained with the ATA gene or some of the scientists would like Carson. But that is not needed, all that she needs is to dial the gate and go for a walk. So she wouldn't need Atlantean guard assistance. And there's nothing to say she's not going alone and sees no one. Sure if Keller's there that could be Keller, I see going down while Teyla is taking on Capt. Cavemen and his trusty side kicks. The hair color sorta fits Keller's, just the style is Teyla's but meh, I didn't get a good look at the face.
There is nothing wrong with Teyla going off on her own. The team trusts her enough by now to let her do that. I too am curious as to who that other woman is. It could be Keller though.

Jeyla4ever
May 6th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Scifan posted in the JT thread that she thought it was Keller and upon closer inspection I think it is....so, yeah....the team goes with Teyla...

I never implied that Teyla is not capable of going on her own anywhere, Teyla knows this galaxy better than any of them....so, that was never my intention...however, considering that since she has been in Atlantis someone is always with her most of the time, I'd figured that someone would accompany her, not because they want to watch over her but because things have gone of on a deeper end. There's a phrase in the JM"s poem stating "From innocents lost he’ll produce strict adherence" I think that might refer to something in regards to how Sheppard will now be more strick and more cautious with the team due to all the things that are supposed to happen to members of the team beforehand.

Do I think Teyla capable of being on her own...Hell yes....but do I think that Sheppard and Ronon will watch over her wherever she goes whether directly or indirectly, YES!

Remember Suspicion...that lovely cap that is the caption used for Sheppard in the credits...It's perfect, is John watching Teyla leave with Ford cause he wouldn't let Teyla go on her own...and after everything that's been said to happen, I think he will think twice before he lets any of his members go anywhere on their own...besides, I would imagine that Teyla try to communicate with her people before actually going to see them....aren't they capable of communicating with them via radio or something?

So, what if she tries to reach them somehow using her bonus minutes.....LOL...and can't reach them.....well, that's where the team would come into play....

and it looks like I'm right, I"m pretty sure that Scifan and Mitchell are right...that looks like Keller there with Teyla.

vaberella
May 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM
It could be Keller, but as I stated, I can't tell. I have no face, just the back of someone. So I wanted to make sure, before I immerse myself in more specs...as I said I'm speced-out right now.

Jeyla4ever
May 7th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Well, yes. But that's a pretty good observation. If you look closely, the woman is dressed in what looks to be a uniform. And Keller is expected to be in this episode. But, yes. Nothing is ever definite. Either way neither woman in the clip is the actual actress. I believe in that scene where Teyla shoves the woman down, they are both stunt woman. I'm just assuming though.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, yes. But that's a pretty good observation. If you look closely, the woman is dressed in what looks to be a uniform. And Keller is expected to be in this episode. But, yes. Nothing is ever definite. Either way neither woman in the clip is the actual actress. I believe in that scene where Teyla shoves the woman down, they are both stunt woman. I'm just assuming though.

Actually that part is Rachel, but most of it is the stuntdouble. Also it could be keller but as stated it's very hard to do.

scifan
May 7th, 2007, 01:12 PM
It could be Keller, but as I stated, I can't tell. I have no face, just the back of someone. So I wanted to make sure, before I immerse myself in more specs...as I said I'm speced-out right now.

Just a shot in the dark, but I think a combination of your ideas fit. We know that JM said that this eppy was for Teyla and Keller, which would explain the blond women. Now I don't know if Keller will be able to do any off-world gate travel before this ep, but maybe, just maybe, she was simply going to visit her people with Keller and this was suppose to be a simple outing. I think if Teyla knew something was already wrong, wouldn't she gear up and bring some major weapons? I could be wrong. :o It could also be a perfect time for them to develop a friendship.

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Just a shot in the dark, but I think a combination of your ideas fit. We know that JM said that this eppy was for Teyla and Keller, which would explain the blond women. Now I don't know if Keller will be able to do any off-world gate travel before this ep, but maybe, just maybe, she was simply going to visit her people with Keller and this was suppose to be a simple outing. I think if Teyla knew something was already wrong, wouldn't she gear up and bring some major weapons? I could be wrong. :o It could also be a perfect time for them to develop a friendship.

Hmm I like that train of thought. Very interesting.

Jeyla4ever
May 7th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Oh, you are a smarty one...Cool!

Xicer
July 19th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Wow this thread hasn't been updated for a while. Anyway, from JM's blog:

Congratulations to Carl Binder for writing and producing truly great episode. We watched the Day 2 Mix of Missing and all thought it was terrific. Funny, scary, shocking, gross, exciting, and ultimately touching. Great job by everyone involved, especially director Andy Mikita and actresses Rachel Luttrell and Jewel Staite.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-19-2007.html

mm...this episode is sounding more and more exciting as I read up on it. Teyla and Keller gettin' down n' dirty and getting the spotlight for once! Can't wait.

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Wow this thread hasn't been updated for a while. Anyway, from JM's blog:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-19-2007.html

mm...this episode is sounding more and more exciting as I read up on it. Teyla and Keller gettin' down n' dirty and getting the spotlight for once! Can't wait.

Hmm very interesting. The more I hear the more excited I get.

PG15
August 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Bits from the new Martin Gero interview:

MG: ...And "Missing" is maybe one of my favorite episodes I've ever read, written by Carl Binder, directed by Andy Mikita. Andy is so perfect for it. It's going to be a really great episode for Jewel and Rachel.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/gero_to_infinity.shtml

vaberella
August 8th, 2007, 04:17 AM
^^Lovin' it. Well we have confirmation now that Keller is in the ep and it's a Keller and Teyla. I just think the reason Keller is now on board is because of Teyla's time apart from her people. Assuming everything is alright, she probably brought Keller along for the Athosian camp can have a check up; regular medical check-up, maybe a few baby check-ups if there were any...things of that nature. Teyla shows up and camp is deserted with the cavemen showing up.

Heh.

Platschu
August 24th, 2007, 05:33 AM
During a visit to New Athos, Teyla and Dr. Keller find themselves on the run from a primitive tribe of warriors.

http://gateworld.net/news/2007/08/preliminary_schedule_for_iatlant.shtml

It seems Teyla will have a larger role in this episode too. :) And what about New Athos? It seems they find her people earlier, so the TPTB did't killed them as the Abydonians. :o

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 11:14 AM
During a visit to New Athos, Teyla and Dr. Keller find themselves on the run from a primitive tribe of warriors.

http://gateworld.net/news/2007/08/preliminary_schedule_for_iatlant.shtml

It seems Teyla will have a larger role in this episode too. :) And what about New Athos? It seems they find her people earlier, so the TPTB did't killed them as the Abydonians. :o

That's good news and I never minded that considering they thought they were cancelled at the time it was written and shot. Love that Teyla has a big role in this one.

Xicer
September 1st, 2007, 05:45 PM
Just thought I should revive this topic:

Mrs. B108 writes: “1)Can we expect Teyla's pregnancy to have an emotional impact on the team's dynamic? 2)Will we be surprised at the truth behind the Athosian's dissapearance?”

Answers: 1) Yes. 2) Depends. How easy do you surprise?

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-1-2007.html

scifi_lemon
September 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM
Just thought I should revive this topic:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-1-2007.html

I'm not sure how I feel about the "surprise easy" comment. Does that mean it'll be fairly obvious?

Listy
September 2nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about the "surprise easy" comment. Does that mean it'll be fairly obvious?

Nah, I reckon IMHO that was just JM, answering the question by not answering the question. I just don't think JM wants to give too much away on this yet - well thats just my take on it anyway, I am not too concerned.

PG15
September 3rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Blip from Joe:

Anon Y. Mous writes: “Can you tell us if any episodes are fully complete and ready for airing?...”

Answers: Yes, a number of episodes are complete (Adrift, Lifeline, Missing, Doppelganger, and Travelers come to mind)...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-3-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Nah, I reckon IMHO that was just JM, answering the question by not answering the question. I just don't think JM wants to give too much away on this yet - well thats just my take on it anyway, I am not too concerned.

Agreed.

DONNA BOOTH
September 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
This is one of the Episodes im looking forward to the spoilers sound awesome
and im also looking forward to see how Teyla Reacts to her people going Missing and hw she goes about finding them

prion
September 11th, 2007, 06:17 AM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/09/binder_gives_life_to_dr._keller.shtml

excerpts:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/09/binder_gives_life_to_dr._keller.shtml

Carl Binder said:

"It's another action [piece], but also [a] character piece with Teyla and Keller being isolated on a planet," Binder said. "It's kind of like a Survivor episode. The two of them against an enemy that's pursuing them.

"It's fun because Keller is the new doctor on the show, and her character is introduced at the end of Season Three. We see her in 'Adrift' and 'Lifeline' and 'Doppelganger' and throughout, but this is a chance for us to really explore her character, find out about where she's from, who she is, and what her character is. And so it was fun to explore that character in juxtaposition to Teyla."

In the episode, Dr. Keller joins Teyla on a trip home to New Athos, where her people resettled after the Ancients moved them off of Atlantis's planet ("The Return, Part 1"). But they find the Athosians missing, and are soon on the run from a race of primitive warriors in the forests of New Athos.

"Keller is the small-town girl, completely out of her element in this forested planet being hunted," Binder said. "And Teyla is the warrior who is perfectly at home in that environment. It proved to be a lot of fun."

Keller confesses her lack of self-confidence to Elizabeth Weir. From "First Strike" Keller was introduced in the Season Three finale, "First Strike."

Since "Missing" is the first episode to give Keller's character serious attention, Binder drew the lucky straw to be the one to make some decisions about her background.

Mitchell82
September 11th, 2007, 05:14 PM
This is one of the Episodes im looking forward to the spoilers sound awesome
and im also looking forward to see how Teyla Reacts to her people going Missing and hw she goes about finding them

Same here can't wait.

Platschu
September 22nd, 2007, 03:21 AM
New preview pictures (spoiler!):

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=6&cat=season04 (?)
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=24&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=25&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=26&cat=season04
http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/gallery/index.php?p=27&cat=season04

edit. Here are the pictures again:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/07_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/07_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/15977019225_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/15977019225_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/21410089026_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/21410089026_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/110438967527_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/110438967527_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/40914367028_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/40914367028_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

WingedPegasus
September 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/07_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/07_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/15977019225_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/15977019225_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/21410089026_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/21410089026_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/110438967527_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/110438967527_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/thumb/070922/40914367028_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg (http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/070922/40914367028_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg)

I want my season 4 now!! :D lol.
This episode looks really cool.

Mitchell82
September 22nd, 2007, 08:06 PM

Sweet! Me want NOW!:tealcanime22:

WingedPegasus
September 22nd, 2007, 08:50 PM

Oh, I just noticed something. I think that first pic might be from Doppleganger, possibly one of the dream sequences. Teyla's hair hasn't looked like that since season 1. (Actually, it's never looked like that. When her hair was that style, it was also blazing red. :D Glad they got the wigs figured out later. :D)

Platschu
September 22nd, 2007, 11:35 PM
s, the first picture can be from Doppelganger, but it can fit into this episode too. :)

WingedPegasus
September 23rd, 2007, 10:34 AM
s, the first picture can be from Doppelganger, but it can fit into this episode too. :)

Sure, I was just speculating.

DONNA BOOTH
September 23rd, 2007, 11:27 AM
Im sorry to have to do this but it is Definatley from Doppleganger

Mitchell82
September 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Oh, I just noticed something. I think that first pic might be from Doppleganger, possibly one of the dream sequences. Teyla's hair hasn't looked like that since season 1. (Actually, it's never looked like that. When her hair was that style, it was also blazing red. :D Glad they got the wigs figured out later. :D)

At least it looks good. Man I can't wait to see this one, and Missing, Travelers,pretty much every ep.;)

Integrabyte
September 23rd, 2007, 02:40 PM
At least it looks good. Man I can't wait to see this one, and Missing, Travelers,pretty much every ep.;)

Every time I have high expectations I end up disappointed. Hope it wont be the case with this episode . :mckay:

Mitchell82
September 23rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Every time I have high expectations I end up disappointed. Hope it wont be the case with these episode . :mckay:

Well I was never disapointed to the point I have low expectations. Some episodes havent been as good as they could have been but so far they have never let me down.

WingedPegasus
September 23rd, 2007, 08:44 PM
Interview with Jewel Staite up on the home page! She mentions Missing in it. Go check it out: http://gateworld.net/interviews/staite_of_change.shtml

WingedPegasus
September 25th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Look what I've got. . A shiny new video with bit of Missing in it!
http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=69

prion
September 27th, 2007, 07:10 PM
http://tvfilter.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!DB9D137CC0F754C9!22076.entry

Raoul: I guess that brings us to Jewel Staite's character. We got a glimpse of her at the end of Season Three. What's she like and what's going on with her this new season?

JM: She really is the fish out of water, and we really explore that in the episode called "Missing" that . She goes off to New Athos with Teyla just to do some checkups on some local Athosian kids and things go horribly awry. Her idea of roughing it was the summer camp she used to attend as a kid. She finds herself on the run for her life, kind of a city girl in the back country with only Teyla there to protect her. Teyla has her hands full with her and is a little?*impatient with her. I think this episode is our "Thelma and Louise" episode?*?*if you could call it that. So?*that's a fun episode that explores the character. She's obviously well-educated,?*she's young, very capable, but at the same time a little naive?*just in terms of her expectations regarding the Pegasus galaxy. She's an interesting character that we?*get to know more of in "Missing," and then we explore a lot more in the back half of Season Four.

Mitchell82
September 27th, 2007, 10:44 PM
http://tvfilter.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!DB9D137CC0F754C9!22076.entry

Raoul: I guess that brings us to Jewel Staite's character. We got a glimpse of her at the end of Season Three. What's she like and what's going on with her this new season?

JM: She really is the fish out of water, and we really explore that in the episode called "Missing" that . She goes off to New Athos with Teyla just to do some checkups on some local Athosian kids and things go horribly awry. Her idea of roughing it was the summer camp she used to attend as a kid. She finds herself on the run for her life, kind of a city girl in the back country with only Teyla there to protect her. Teyla has her hands full with her and is a little?*impatient with her. I think this episode is our "Thelma and Louise" episode?*?*if you could call it that. So?*that's a fun episode that explores the character. She's obviously well-educated,?*she's young, very capable, but at the same time a little naive?*just in terms of her expectations regarding the Pegasus galaxy. She's an interesting character that we?*get to know more of in "Missing," and then we explore a lot more in the back half of Season Four.
Nice! Can't wait this is definatly going to be a good one.

wheresmyfroggy
November 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Figured this thread should be brought back, considering Missing is finally airing this Friday!!!

And just to make this post have a point, the MGM site has more stills and an extended trailer up. I think it's at stargate.mgm.com

The trailer looks pretty bad a$$. I especially like the Ronan/Rodney/John part near the end (won't spoil it).

Mitchell82
November 6th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Figured this thread should be brought back, considering Missing is finally airing this Friday!!!

And just to make this post have a point, the MGM site has more stills and an extended trailer up. I think it's at stargate.mgm.com

The trailer looks pretty bad a$$. I especially like the Ronan/Rodney/John part near the end (won't spoil it).

I agree looks great can't wait.

PuddleJumper67
November 6th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Teyla and Keller vs. guest star Danny Trejo from Grindhouse? I’m in. Here’s a preview of “Missing” w/ Amanda Tapping’s intro: http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=78

Mitchell82
November 6th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Teyla and Keller vs. guest star Danny Trejo from Grindhouse? I’m in. Here’s a preview of “Missing” w/ Amanda Tapping’s intro: http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=78

Already a thread for this ep. Please use the Search function before creating a thread. The thread in question is even on the first page.

Platschu
November 6th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Will Jinto, Halling or Wex return? :o

Mitchell82
November 6th, 2007, 03:18 PM

I know who the others are but who was Wex?

WingedPegasus
November 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Don't think so, since they're missing. Unless they get found . . . :D

I know who the others are but who was Wex?

Wex was Jinto's friend in "Rising". I think he had the wraith mask.

wheresmyfroggy
November 7th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Yahoo has their clip up already, too! I found it yesterday, but I had an appointment for a tattoo, so I was taking care of that the rest of the night. Now, if I could just find the link..... AHA!

http://tv.yahoo.com/stargate-atlantis/show/35558/season

Silly yahoo, labels the clip something about "New Ethos".

WingedPegasus
November 7th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Yahoo has their clip up already, too! I found it yesterday, but I had an appointment for a tattoo, so I was taking care of that the rest of the night. Now, if I could just find the link..... AHA!

http://tv.yahoo.com/stargate-atlantis/show/35558/season

Silly yahoo, labels the clip something about "New Ethos".

Thanks WMF! Stupid Yahoo. Let me guess, they spell Teyla "Talya"? :rolleyes:

MGM has the preview vid up.
http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=78

wheresmyfroggy
November 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks WMF! Stupid Yahoo. Let me guess, they spell Teyla "Talya"? :rolleyes:

MGM has the preview vid up.
http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=78

No problemo! I'm actually just happy I have something to post, usually people know about things like .3 seconds after they're posted.

I'm surprised by the lack of chatter in this thread. People not looking forward to this episode? Or is it lack of information? Or too much information (is there such a thing?!)?

I'm more looking forward to the boys coming in to help rescue Teyla/Keller than the A storyline. But then my favorite characters are Rodney, Ronan, and Sheppard.

WingedPegasus
November 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
No problemo! I'm actually just happy I have something to post, usually people know about things like .3 seconds after they're posted.

I'm surprised by the lack of chatter in this thread. People not looking forward to this episode? Or is it lack of information? Or too much information (is there such a thing?!)?

I'm more looking forward to the boys coming in to help rescue Teyla/Keller than the A storyline. But then my favorite characters are Rodney, Ronan, and Sheppard.

Trust me, we are getting VERY hyper about this ep in the Shep/Teyla thread. :D I guess maybe some people aren't looking forward to it as much because they like Shep, McKay, and Ronon better. I'm looking forward to the rescue scenes too. I can't wait!

I have an idea of how the ep might go from the previews I've seen:

Teyla and Keller go to New Athos, find that the Athosians are missing and get in a fight with the Bolo Kai on the way back to the gate and are captured. Teyla helps Keller escape, but for some reason she can't go back with her and has to stay on the planet overnight, being chased by the enraged Bolo Kai. The boys come rescue her in the morning, and all is well! (except for the major whumping the girls look like they're going to get. :D)

Anybody else care to speculate?

Keller02
November 8th, 2007, 06:13 AM
personally i'm really looking forward to this ep because i am a big fan of both Tayla and Keller.

as for speculation from the previews and pictures i have seen of this particular episode,it looks as though someone is going to get shot and Keller the one who does it.

WingedPegasus
November 8th, 2007, 01:54 PM
personally i'm really looking forward to this ep because i am a big fan of both Tayla and Keller.

as for speculation from the previews and pictures i have seen of this particular episode,it looks as though someone is going to get shot and Keller the one who does it.

Yep! At least she shoots one of them, I think there's another part where she's leaning over one guy who looks like he was injured in the stomach. Maybe Teyla sliced him up with her knife. :D

Welcome to the forum! :)

Keller02
November 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Yep! At least she shoots one of them, I think there's another part where she's leaning over one guy who looks like he was injured in the stomach. Maybe Teyla sliced him up with her knife. :D

Welcome to the forum! :)

Yeah mabye,atleast we know onething Dr Keller isn't afraid to use her sidearm.

wheresmyfroggy
November 8th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I'm pretty sure she shoots the guy, and then when Teyla wants to make a clean get-away, Keller insists on treating the guy she just shot.

I must sound a lot like Mckay when I say.... "Are you crazy?!" :mckay:

WingedPegasus
November 8th, 2007, 04:44 PM

. . . Much. :D

I'm pretty sure she shoots the guy, and then when Teyla wants to make a clean get-away, Keller insists on treating the guy she just shot.

I must sound a lot like Mckay when I say.... "Are you crazy?!" :mckay:

That's what I thought at first too, but then I watched it again and it looked like he was a different guy, or shot in a different place . . . I dunno. It was a while ago.
LOL! If that's the case, then I sound like McKay all the time. :D

Mitchell82
November 8th, 2007, 06:53 PM

Wait I thought neither had a gun? Did I miss something?

wheresmyfroggy
November 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Wait I thought neither had a gun? Did I miss something?

I assume you are referring to the clip in the teaser where Keller's like "don't you have a gun?!" and Teyla has this look like "*****, step off".

We are all talking about a clip, I think it was played in the QandA with Jewel on SciFi.com, where Keller has a gun pointed at a bad guy and Teyla's hands are tied and Keller ends up shooting the guy, etc. I have no idea where they got the gun, but it looks like a 9mm to me.

Briangate78
November 8th, 2007, 09:33 PM
From Joe M's Blog, Possible spoilers for Missing...

Tomorrow night’s Atlantis episode is Missing, another strong character story that I’ve described as Stargate’s Thelma and Louise - in this case, Teyla and Keller, trapped off-world and kicking ***. It’s an episode that explores the darker facet of Teyla’s warrior persona, and also sets up one of this season’s major story arcs.

When I think back to how this particular episode came together, the first thing that comes to mind (okay, second after Carl’s terrific script) is that rope bridge. You see, Carl envisioned a scene involving a rope bridge and, simple enough, the Art Department came up with a design, it was approved, the bridge was built - and then when we found out the cost, our eyes almost popped out of our skulls. As it turns out, it wasn’t the bridge that was so pricey but the added expense of paying security guards to stand watch, 24/7, to ensure no adventurous teens attempted to cross the **** thing while it was up. It was just one of many surprises that transformed this originally inexpensive episode into a $$$ spectacular.

Another anecdote related to that rope bridge involves the apparently fearless Jewel Staite. When it came time to shoot the sequence in question, Rachel (who was pregnant at the time) quite wisely refused to set foot on it. Jewel, rather bravely (or foolishly, decide for yourself) offered to give it a go for a few steps. Director Andy Mikita assured her that he wouldn’t need much from her. He would yell “Action!” and she would start walking across the scary-as-hell bridge - maybe two or three steps - at which point he would yell “Cut!” and she could turn around and head back to the relative safety of solid ground. Jewel was game. So Andy yelled “Action!” and Jewel started walking. And walking. And waiting for someone to yell “Cut!”. And walking. And walking…past the halfway point of the bridge. What a trooper. Apparently, heights aren’t a problem for Jewel as she performed most of the rope bridge stunts herself including the…well, I don’t want to give it away. Check out tomorrow’s episode and watch for this memorable sequence.

MrsB108 writes: “Do any of the team member cross any moral lines this season?”

Answer: That’s up for debate. Check out Missing tomorrow night and you tell me.

wheresmyfroggy
November 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Teyla's darker side, rumors of a Mckay turn for the dark. This season, man. Awesome-ness abounds!

WingedPegasus
November 9th, 2007, 05:25 PM
From Joe M's Blog, Possible spoilers for Missing...

Tomorrow night’s Atlantis episode is Missing, another strong character story that I’ve described as Stargate’s Thelma and Louise - in this case, Teyla and Keller, trapped off-world and kicking ***. It’s an episode that explores the darker facet of Teyla’s warrior persona, and also sets up one of this season’s major story arcs.

When I think back to how this particular episode came together, the first thing that comes to mind (okay, second after Carl’s terrific script) is that rope bridge. You see, Carl envisioned a scene involving a rope bridge and, simple enough, the Art Department came up with a design, it was approved, the bridge was built - and then when we found out the cost, our eyes almost popped out of our skulls. As it turns out, it wasn’t the bridge that was so pricey but the added expense of paying security guards to stand watch, 24/7, to ensure no adventurous teens attempted to cross the **** thing while it was up. It was just one of many surprises that transformed this originally inexpensive episode into a $$$ spectacular.

Another anecdote related to that rope bridge involves the apparently fearless Jewel Staite. When it came time to shoot the sequence in question, Rachel (who was pregnant at the time) quite wisely refused to set foot on it. Jewel, rather bravely (or foolishly, decide for yourself) offered to give it a go for a few steps. Director Andy Mikita assured her that he wouldn’t need much from her. He would yell “Action!” and she would start walking across the scary-as-hell bridge - maybe two or three steps - at which point he would yell “Cut!” and she could turn around and head back to the relative safety of solid ground. Jewel was game. So Andy yelled “Action!” and Jewel started walking. And walking. And waiting for someone to yell “Cut!”. And walking. And walking…past the halfway point of the bridge. What a trooper. Apparently, heights aren’t a problem for Jewel as she performed most of the rope bridge stunts herself including the…well, I don’t want to give it away. Check out tomorrow’s episode and watch for this memorable sequence.

MrsB108 writes: “Do any of the team member cross any moral lines this season?”

Answer: That’s up for debate. Check out Missing tomorrow night and you tell me.

Thanks for that Briangate!

Will somebody have a summary of the ep after they watch it? Unfortunately, I have to wait to see it until tomorrow. :(

GREEN to the first (and possibly second, or third) person who writes a summary of Missing!! :D:D (Yes, this is bribery. I hope it works. :D)

wheresmyfroggy
November 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I promise to at least attempt a summary. No guarantees on the quality, though. I'm currently attempting to get rid of a few distractions (The Wizard of Oz on TBS, downstairs roommates blasting music).

wheresmyfroggy
November 9th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Ok, here's a sudo-summary for Missing, written as I watch in real time.

Open on Keller packing (a lot), Teyla walks in, they yammer about Keller being nervous about going off world, she's looking forward to meeting the Athosians. She mentions Carson! And how much he was loved by Teyla's people. Keller packs suckers (lol!).

Cute Sheppard scene as they walk through the gateroom, he calls them 'kids' numerous times, as he leans casually on the balcony (so cute!). I take this as a sign that Carter will be absent this episode.

Keller/Teyla (henceforth known as Keyla for the purposes of this summary) quickly make their way to camp, Teyla runs around yelling names. "You think they were attacked?" "Or culled..." dumdumdumdum

*commercials, including one with Betty White holding a cat that looks like mine, suddenly I am homesick*

They are in the camp, discussing Wraith, when Teyla senses something, Keyla hides. Two guys show up, Teyla seems pissed/angry, almost like she recognizes them. Keyla sneaks away, talking of getting to the weapons cache, Teyla only has a knife. She knows of the Bola Kai, but has never met them, she saw some markings on their faces that distinguish them.

Keller sucks at climbing, Teyla's at the top of a steep hill when Keller falls and twists her ankle. Teyla hides their packs, she helps Keller to the gate where more baddies are patrolling. Teyla wants to pick a fight, Keller wants to chicken out. Teyla: "Just do what I say."

Two guys see them, they take off running after Keyla, who are hiding behind a rock? Teyla has her hand over Keller's mouth, as if she's dumb enough to say something. They mention they're not due back until tomorrow, need to evade baddies until then and Atlantis can rescue them. Teyla has faith in her boys, Keller has faith in crying.

DRUMS! Baddies are starting a hunt!

Teyla retrieves the packs of medical supplies for Keller's ankle. Keller talks about being a 'wimp', with a low threshold for pain. They also talk about Mckay and all the meds he takes (shoot me). Teyla's telling of some 10 day ritual alone in the woods she had to go through, Keller tells of camp.

They get to the weapons cache, it's empty; the Bola Kai aren't using them, so the Athosians must have taken them. They decide to get to a hunting blind to hunker down for the night. The get there, they have to cross a wicked looking ROPE BRIDGE! Keller wants to cry some more, she has vertigo (hahaha). She's definitely whimpering. Teyla: "Fine. Stay here, then. *leaves*"

Keller follows (this thing is so high up! some great crane shots). Keller slips, she's hanging and screaming, Teyla appears out of nowhere and pulls her up (very cool).

Teyla alludes to Bola Kai being cannibals. Keller doesn't like subtely, but doesn't get any clarification as four guys attack with the throwing star. Teyla takes them on with some sticks (they have axes and swords). She kills three and the fourth runs off. Teyla makes sure Keller's cool, then runs after him. With her stick. And kills him. With her stick.

Back with Keller, one of the guys is not-so-dead. Teyla calmly walks over, talks the sword from Keller, and kills him. Keller can't watch. (Teyla is being extremely badass, if I do say so). Hark! They hear noise!

The find a guy with his hands tied and a stab wound. Keyla has a fight about saving him/leaving him. "He's not Athosian!" "But I'm a doctor!" That sort of thing. Keller helps him, Teyla goes to find the blind. She finds it, they hunker down (with the guy).

Teyla gets "dinner", spears some weird squid thing that was burrowing around under the dirt. Keller refuses, saying "This is my least favorite part of survivor" (best line so far!), eliciting a look from Teyla. The guy wakes up, says he's Genii and was undercover in the Athosian camp. Says all the Athosians are dead. Teyla looks slightly worried.

(at approximately 10:32pm, EST, MY CABLE GOES OUT!!!!! GAHHHHHH! multiple calls to the landlord and cable company result in no improvement and a promise to "look into it". yeah, you do that.)

WingedPegasus
November 9th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Ok, here's a sudo-summary for Missing, written as I watch in real time.

Open on Keller packing (a lot), Teyla walks in, they yammer about Keller being nervous about going off world, she's looking forward to meeting the Athosians. She mentions Carson! And how much he was loved by Teyla's people. Keller packs suckers (lol!).

Cute Sheppard scene as they walk through the gateroom, he calls them 'kids' numerous times, as he leans casually on the balcony (so cute!). I take this as a sign that Carter will be absent this episode.

Keller/Teyla (henceforth known as Keyla for the purposes of this summary) quickly make their way to camp, Teyla runs around yelling names. "You think they were attacked?" "Or culled..." dumdumdumdum

*commercials, including one with Betty White holding a cat that looks like mine, suddenly I am homesick*

They are in the camp, discussing Wraith, when Teyla senses something, Keyla hides. Two guys show up, Teyla seems pissed/angry, almost like she recognizes them. Keyla sneaks away, talking of getting to the weapons cache, Teyla only has a knife. She knows of the Bola Kai, but has never met them, she saw some markings on their faces that distinguish them.

Keller sucks at climbing, Teyla's at the top of a steep hill when Keller falls and twists her ankle. Teyla hides their packs, she helps Keller to the gate where more baddies are patrolling. Teyla wants to pick a fight, Keller wants to chicken out. Teyla: "Just do what I say."

Two guys see them, they take off running after Keyla, who are hiding behind a rock? Teyla has her hand over Keller's mouth, as if she's dumb enough to say something. They mention they're not due back until tomorrow, need to evade baddies until then and Atlantis can rescue them. Teyla has faith in her boys, Keller has faith in crying.

DRUMS! Baddies are starting a hunt!

Teyla retrieves the packs of medical supplies for Keller's ankle. Keller talks about being a 'wimp', with a low threshold for pain. They also talk about Mckay and all the meds he takes (shoot me). Teyla's telling of some 10 day ritual alone in the woods she had to go through, Keller tells of camp.

They get to the weapons cache, it's empty; the Bola Kai aren't using them, so the Athosians must have taken them. They decide to get to a hunting blind to hunker down for the night. The get there, they have to cross a wicked looking ROPE BRIDGE! Keller wants to cry some more, she has vertigo (hahaha). She's definitely whimpering. Teyla: "Fine. Stay here, then. *leaves*"

Keller follows (this thing is so high up! some great crane shots). Keller slips, she's hanging and screaming, Teyla appears out of nowhere and pulls her up (very cool).

Teyla alludes to Bola Kai being cannibals. Keller doesn't like subtely, but doesn't get any clarification as four guys attack with the throwing star. Teyla takes them on with some sticks (they have axes and swords). She kills three and the fourth runs off. Teyla makes sure Keller's cool, then runs after him. With her stick. And kills him. With her stick.

Back with Keller, one of the guys is not-so-dead. Teyla calmly walks over, talks the sword from Keller, and kills him. Keller can't watch. (Teyla is being extremely badass, if I do say so). Hark! They hear noise!

The find a guy with his hands tied and a stab wound. Keyla has a fight about saving him/leaving him. "He's not Athosian!" "But I'm a doctor!" That sort of thing. Keller helps him, Teyla goes to find the blind. She finds it, they hunker down (with the guy).

Teyla gets "dinner", spears some weird squid thing that was burrowing around under the dirt. Keller refuses, saying "This is my least favorite part of survivor" (best line so far!), eliciting a look from Teyla. The guy wakes up, says he's Genii and was undercover in the Athosian camp. Says all the Athosians are dead. Teyla looks slightly worried.

(at approximately 10:32pm, EST, MY CABLE GOES OUT!!!!! GAHHHHHH! multiple calls to the landlord and cable company result in no improvement and a promise to "look into it". yeah, you do that.)

Thank you so much!!! Your cable company stinks though. :p
two questions:
What's the whump factor? (I have some friends who are Teyla whumpers)
Is there a guy named "Kanan" in here?