PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Lindermans Power theories

Origin1981
March 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I think Mr. Linderman has power of Omniscience and he knows how the paths of the future can be altered to produce certain events.

Origin1981
March 5th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Or he maybe an alien shapeshifter responsible for bringing the first mutations to earth.

Esquin
March 5th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Or perhaps he has the power to operate an island where all your fantasies become a reality.

Iguana775
March 6th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Or, he's just a regular guy. :)

Doze
March 6th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Or the Easter Bunnie.

But I do like the Omniscience idea. :D

docballen
March 6th, 2007, 06:41 AM
I think he has heat vision and cooks his food that way.

(I LOVE Malcolm McDowell!!)

IcyNeko
March 6th, 2007, 07:20 AM
He probably just has a copy of the list. :P

-)GMM(-
March 6th, 2007, 07:48 AM
i think he is somehow linked to bennet's company... either he used to work for them or he is in charge of them, that's my only theory on how he could have gotten all the knowledge, i just don't see him as having a power tbh

Origin1981
March 6th, 2007, 08:13 AM
The way he tells patrelli that if he shoots him they both die makes me think that maybe he might have some kind of bullet deflection power or he may go nuclear. Or what if he has all the powers. Or that he maybe God.

Pitry
March 6th, 2007, 09:03 AM
i think he is somehow linked to bennet's company... either he used to work for them or he is in charge of them, that's my only theory on how he could have gotten all the knowledge, i just don't see him as having a power tbh

Mmm... I'm pretty sure he's working agaisnt them now, TBH.

Iguana775
March 6th, 2007, 09:24 AM
The way he tells patrelli that if he shoots him they both die makes me think that maybe he might have some kind of bullet deflection power or he may go nuclear. Or what if he has all the powers. Or that he maybe God.

I'm pretty sure that he means if he's shot, his security would kill Nathan.

Doze
March 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure that he means if he's shot, his security would kill Nathan. :indeed:

The_Fifth
March 6th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Or he maybe an alien shapeshifter responsible for bringing the first mutations to earth.

maybe...

Giantevilhead
March 6th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I doubt that Linderman has viddied the future, otherwise he’d know that Nathan is going to snuff it when his brat goes boom and takes the city with him. He seems to be using the Heroes to his own advantage, that’s probably why he’s got so much cutter to brosay around. Plus he did hire Jessica/Nikki to oobivat chellovecks he doesn’t like.

Easter Lily
March 6th, 2007, 02:07 PM
He seems to me more of powerbroker than someone with a particular "power". If he does have a power, it's probably his incredible wealth and as they say, money makes the world go around. ;)

AJZ
March 6th, 2007, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure what his power is but I do suspect he has one, just by the way how he acted when Nathan had the gun pointed at him. It didn't phase him at all.

jds1982
March 6th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Or perhaps he has the power to operate an island where all your fantasies become a reality.

Boss, de plane, de plane!

Easter Lily
March 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure what his power is but I do suspect he has one, just by the way how he acted when Nathan had the gun pointed at him. It didn't phase him at all.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything... he could just be a supremely confident man. Fast-talking, very persuasive and used to getting his own way.

Not to say that you're wrong of course. ;) But a man like Linderman has a lot of charisma and definitely has the gift of the gab.

MB.Eddie
March 7th, 2007, 12:00 AM
He seems to me more of powerbroker than someone with a particular "power". If he does have a power, it's probably his incredible wealth and as they say, money makes the world go around. ;)

That is my impression too. Everyone cant have powers...

Doze
March 7th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Everyone cant have powers...Why not? It is a comic book TV show.

wwlh
March 7th, 2007, 09:09 AM

I agree - we'll probably find out he was in the right place at the right time and found out about the mutations and knows how to use his knowledge and money!

Easter Lily
March 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Why not? It is a comic book TV show.

I don't think it's a matter of impossibility... but it seems to me to be a little ho hum if everyone was... as it were... a mutant.
Personally, I like a mix bag. :D

Origin1981
March 7th, 2007, 04:15 PM
He probably had Peter meet him in the basement kitchen instead of the penthouse because he knew nathan patrelli could fly. And he knew he had a gun and he knew that nikki would fail to kill patrelli and he contracted her to scare patrellie. And he knew all of this and the right buttons to push to make the right events happen because of his Omniscience powers. And he knew that if he had met patrelli in his penthouse, Patrelli would not have considered his offer. He would have shot him then flown out the window.

travis
March 7th, 2007, 06:45 PM
I think he's just a normal person, and that he's sponsoring the company giving him insight and up date of whats going on.

JayShadow
March 8th, 2007, 11:42 AM
He has the power to make the tastiest Pot Pie's in the universe. Nathan doesn't know what he was missing by pulling out that gun. If he knew his head would implode from the shear awesomeness that he had missed.

SaberBlade
March 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
I don't think Linderman has any powers at all, but instead he has ties to The Company and has a child with an ability.

Already we've seen several wealthy and powerful people, who are all part of some great plan who all happen to have kids with abilities.

There is Hiro and his father, Peter & Nathan and their mother, in a smaller way there is Nathan and Claire, and now we have Linderman. He's got the wealth, has the same knowledge about things like Hiro's father and Mother Petrelli but all we are missing is a tie to The Company and a child.

Considering he has an interest in Isaac's work, I would place my money on his father being Linderman. He'll, maybe we've got a scandal and he's actually the biological father of Nathan and Peter.

Betelgeuze
March 8th, 2007, 10:44 PM
If he has a power, my guess would be it's remote viewing.

knowsfords
March 9th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Immortality

Chris Allan
March 9th, 2007, 03:49 PM
I don't know what his powers are, but I'll bet his motives involve getting back into the nexus :)

the fifth man
March 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I don't think Linderman has any powers at all, but instead he has ties to The Company and has a child with an ability.

Already we've seen several wealthy and powerful people, who are all part of some great plan who all happen to have kids with abilities.

There is Hiro and his father, Peter & Nathan and their mother, in a smaller way there is Nathan and Claire, and now we have Linderman. He's got the wealth, has the same knowledge about things like Hiro's father and Mother Petrelli but all we are missing is a tie to The Company and a child.

Considering he has an interest in Isaac's work, I would place my money on his father being Linderman. He'll, maybe we've got a scandal and he's actually the biological father of Nathan and Peter.

Personally, I don't see him having actual powers either. Your theory about him having a "special" child could very well be true. I guess only time will tell.

silence
March 12th, 2007, 11:33 PM
WOW ....

Linderman has power ...BEWARE OF SPOILERS ON THIS LINK : http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9944Linderman goes on to explain that he, too, has powers, which came with an audible reaction from the audience. He’d become aware of them years earlier, and banded together with others like him “to make a difference to the world.” But some of his comrades in arms lost their way. “Greed set in, and we split apart. And all the good we’d done, well, it amounted to nothing,” Linderman says.

RainbowMist
March 13th, 2007, 06:11 AM
I seen that page and it made me sad because I didn't think a clip released by NBC would have such huge spoilers in it. I almost never read spoilers. (BTW I seen it before you posed the link so don't think blaming you)

Doze
March 20th, 2007, 11:28 AM
WOW .... Nice Find! :D

the fifth man
March 21st, 2007, 10:03 PM
WOW ....

Linderman has power ...BEWARE OF SPOILERS ON THIS LINK : http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=9944Linderman goes on to explain that he, too, has powers, which came with an audible reaction from the audience. He’d become aware of them years earlier, and banded together with others like him “to make a difference to the world.” But some of his comrades in arms lost their way. “Greed set in, and we split apart. And all the good we’d done, well, it amounted to nothing,” Linderman says.

I can't wait to see what his power actually is then. I hope it's pretty cool.

Easter Lily
March 22nd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Linderman has a power? How disappointing... :(

I really didn't want him to have any special abilities apart from his knack for business.

I'm not going to look at the spoiler... I'll wait for it. :)

JayShadow
March 22nd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Linderman has a power? How disappointing... :(

I'm not going to look at the spoiler... I'll wait for it. :)

Spoiler didn't really say anything other then him saying he had a power, which you already know. He didn't say what it was. I would avoid any spoilers that explain what the title .07% means though :D

docballen
March 22nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
I would avoid any spoilers that explain what the title .07% means though :D

I'd imagine it is the actual percentage of the population that has Heroes powers. That could be American population, or Earth population..

Doze
March 22nd, 2007, 02:56 PM
I'd imagine it is the actual percentage of the population that has Heroes powers. That could be American population, or Earth population..
.07%
Sounds pretty straight up to me, too.

SaberBlade
March 22nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
.07%
Sounds pretty straight up to me, too.

I doubt that, because it works out to 4,200,000 if the calculator works right.

Atlantean_Fan
March 22nd, 2007, 07:22 PM
.07%
It's the percentage of people that will die in NY when Peter goes nuclear, if he's not stopped.

SaberBlade
March 23rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
.07%
It's the percentage of people that will die in NY when Peter goes nuclear, if he's not stopped.

Then what is the .07% supposed to represent? .07% of NY's population, or the amount of people in NY compared to the 6 odd billion people that populate the world.

Commander Jumper
March 23rd, 2007, 05:39 AM
we were specualting on this yesterday... my mum, dad, and I. Dad thinks Linderman is Peter and Nathan's daddy (he's not I know it :p my daddy thinks he'd and uber fan... he calls linderman Malcolm McDowell and Peter, that emo kid...poor soul wouldn't know emo if it hit him in the face) but yeah mum thinks it's aliens... and I think that's too cliche. Dad thinks they're all descendants of Christ... religious stuff would make the shows ratings plummet... (unless you get a priest with powers who think God has given him the powers to smite the wicked and he starts killing people..that'd be cool :p like lighting power yayness!) I personally think that Linderman runs Bennet's company.. PrimaTech and such you know... and I think that he doesn't have any powers... but the reason he's kidnapping Heroes is to get some for himself...

Atlantean_Fan
March 23rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Then what is the .07% supposed to represent? .07% of NY's population, or the amount of people in NY compared to the 6 odd billion people that populate the world.

.07%
It's the percentage of NY's population that will die when Peter goes nuclear, I've read somewhere.

JayShadow
March 23rd, 2007, 01:43 PM
The percentage of the world's population, which is what justifies it on a global level.

The Ori
March 28th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Well we know that Linderman has the power to heal!!

Doze
March 28th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Well we know that Linderman has the power to heal!!Ah, Dude? Where did that come from? :tealcanime49:

The Ori
March 28th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Ah, Dude? Where did that come from? :tealcanime49:

Heres the link from TVguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello)

Aussiello gave the spoilers but he didn't actually say it, he said the guy from Carnivale!!

JayShadow
March 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Well...at least you put it in spoiler tags...

mi4si
March 29th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well if that is true could Linderman be the guy that heals in the online comics?

JayShadow
March 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Well if that is true could Linderman be the guy that heals in the online comics?

I actually came to that assumption right before that TV Guide article, so I'd agree.

The timing of that 6 part series that ends when the show comes back, and everyone having an alias so you don't know their real names tipped me off. It clicked in as soon as I found out he has a power in the first episode back.

RainbowMist
March 29th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I came to that conclusion awhile ago too, and this just proves it for me

(not technically a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway)
http://heroeswiki.com/images/c/c7/AustinLindermanMalcomMcDowell.JPG
Austin vs Malcolm McDowell

Also, I definitly think Dallas (the other guy) is Nathan and Peter's Dad

JayShadow
March 30th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Ahh, nice visual reference

Iguana775
April 3rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
I came to that conclusion awhile ago too, and this just proves it for me

(not technically a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway)
http://heroeswiki.com/images/c/c7/AustinLindermanMalcomMcDowell.JPG
Austin vs Malcolm McDowell

Also, I definitly think Dallas (the other guy) is Nathan and Peter's Dad

holy crap! that's why he looked familiar. I love A Clockwork Orange! I hardly recognized him with the gray hair and beard. :jonas:

the fifth man
April 6th, 2007, 06:55 PM
It looks then like Linderman has a pretty cool power indeed!

JayShadow
April 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Myspace has a preview video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2019711164) that shows the power reveal at the end if anyone didn't want to wait.

ste
April 10th, 2007, 03:31 PM
BE WARNED, YOU MAY NOT ENJOY THIS

Ok Linderman DOES have a POWER andLinderman IS the kid in the online comic

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!

Doze
April 10th, 2007, 04:22 PM
BE WARNED, YOU MAY NOT ENJOY THIS

Ok Linderman DOES have a POWER andLinderman IS the kid in the online comic

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!??Rrrrrr.... What? :tealcanime49:

RainbowMist
April 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM
You should read the comics on NBC's site, they're quite short and really good
Here's a link: Comics index (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/novels_library.shtml)

The one we're talking about is the latest in a series called War Buddies which has given us some very interesting information so far, check them out if you're bored sometime, new ones come out on Tuesday morning :)

IcyNeko
April 14th, 2007, 09:52 PM
MISTER LINDERMAN IS EXTRO-CLAIRE