This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis weapons

Does Atlantis have enny other weapons not just drones?
    I mean energy weapons, rail guns(or similar), nukes(mass distruction)...
    I would like to fly with this baby.

Atlantis used to have nukes (during the siege), but they used them all...
    Atlantis also used to have rail guns, but I believe they were sent back to Earth to be fitted on the Prometheus.

As for energy weapons... hasn't been talked about in the series. Only thing they have are drones.

And Naquadah generatos that can be set to overload (for self-destruct)

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
      Atlantis used to have nukes (during the siege), but they used them all...
      Atlantis also used to have rail guns, but I believe they were sent back to Earth to be fitted on the Prometheus.

As for energy weapons... hasn't been talked about in the series. Only thing they have are drones.

And Naquadah generatos that can be set to overload (for self-destruct)
      yeah great weapon that,

"the Wraith are coming!"
      "arm the self destruct!!"
      "They won't know what hit them when we blow ourselves to bits"
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the ancients probably had other weapons apart from drones, remember the satilite, weapon in the defiant one... they probably have something like, but we just havent being able to find one or able to translated it in the ancient database

Comment

nice quote...Atlantis really should have other weapons if they were planning on fighting
          Originally posted by cowpants
          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Rosilin for pres

Comment

Didn't McKay say that there are other weapons that they just can't power (since Atlantis was designed to run off of 3 ZPMs at a time).
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

They still have railguns. It was stated in "Misbegotten" that all the railgun positions were manned and ready.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                Didn't McKay say that there are other weapons that they just can't power (since Atlantis was designed to run off of 3 ZPMs at a time).
                He definatly said they had found other weapon systems seperate to the drones, but it will probably be one of those things that the writers conviniently forget about...

Comment

very ture, but mckay did say that there were other weapons on atlantis, they just needed more power such as the zpm(i don't know how many though), other than that those weapons are useless

Comment

The city has drones. They do have them again since "the tower", an episode in season two. Other than that, and ofcourse the city shield there are no weapons (found) yet. However I believe they aren't going to find any big, ready to use weapons, because they'd be long mentionned in the show, and are oftenly hard to notice, especially after three years.

So why?

probably because the city was not designed to be a battle ship. It was designed to be a city, for people to live in, and to research on. The weapons they did have, drones, were so powerfull that they didn't need many other weapons. They used to have many many drones available, aswell as ZPM's.

I think that if we're going to find any more weapons on Atlantis, we're going to be seeing weapons that work like a bioweapon or something. Also knowlage is very, very powerfull

Comment

Originally posted by Varrok View Post
                      The city has drones. They do have them again since "the tower", an episode in season two. Other than that, and ofcourse the city shield there are no weapons (found) yet. However I believe they aren't going to find any big, ready to use weapons, because they'd be long mentionned in the show, and are oftenly hard to notice, especially after three years.

So why?

probably because the city was not designed to be a battle ship. It was designed to be a city, for people to live in, and to research on. The weapons they did have, drones, were so powerfull that they didn't need many other weapons. They used to have many many drones available, aswell as ZPM's.

I think that if we're going to find any more weapons on Atlantis, we're going to be seeing weapons that work like a bioweapon or something. Also knowlage is very, very powerfull
                      i wonder if they had checked the moon of the planet atlantis was on it could contain a wepon or have where the ships and wepons of the ancients were used any thoughts
                      sigpic
                      Sig For Me!

Comment

From a show stand point, they had any other powerful weapons other than drones, I would imagine that the Ancients would have been able to take out the Wraith, because that would make Atlantis hard to take over. Personally, I would imagine that they should have more weapons than just drones, but it would make it easier to defeat everyone from Atlantis.

: Green is Good.
                        sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak View Post
                          very ture, but mckay did say that there were other weapons on atlantis, they just needed more power such as the zpm(i don't know how many though), other than that those weapons are useless
                          The exact quote was "defensive systems", not weapons. Those could be anything from structural integrity fields to smaller, self-contained shield systems. Doesn't mean they were suitable for doing damage like Drones are.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Well, one of Atlantis' piers has two big and long parallelal tube-like structures that look like emitters/cannons of some sort.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Well to be honest i wouldn't have thought that they would really need any other weapon other than the drones since they can pass through shields and are extremely destructive when launched en masse.

The only reason they would need another weapon is if the target was out of range e.g. the lantean satellite where they can launch a first strike.

Comment

Working...
                              X