PDA

View Full Version : The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Pharaoh Atem
March 3rd, 2007, 05:36 AM
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/406.shtml
"Sometime soon, Monday I hear, Paul will have 'Travelers' ready, a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion.".

looks like another season 3 spoliercommon groound type epsiode maybe.

Rootortoise
March 3rd, 2007, 05:51 AM
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/406.shtml
"Sometime soon, Monday I hear, Paul will have 'Travelers' ready, a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion.".

over at the shep whumping thread weve been trying to speculate over what this ep could be already but we havent come up with much!! hehe

we hope its really whumpy like Common ground, without shep being old! we want shep pretty and whumped!

we just wish there were more spoilers on this ep!!!!:)

Elinor
March 3rd, 2007, 06:11 AM
over at the shep whumping thread weve been trying to speculate over what this ep could be already but we havent come up with much!! hehe

we hope its really whumpy like Common ground, without shep being old! we want shep pretty and whumped!

we just wish there were more spoilers on this ep!!!!:)

Yep...pretty and whumped works for me to!!

What I'm very much loving is the fact that this eppy is a gift to those of the Shep whumping persuasion....um...there's a heck of a lot of us and we're very much looking forward to this and hoping for much whumpage! Thank you!!

Wonder if this will be the episode that has the Wraith from CG in....actually I kinda hope not?! I hope that'll be another storyline...I want more than one Shep tale in the first half of s4 if possible please?!!

Hmmm...the title 'Travelers'. Perhaps Shep is offworld and gets abducted and enslaved by....er....some nomadic space travelers or something!! Don't know!! Let the speculating begin!

:)

Listy
March 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM

Yep...pretty and whumped works for me to!!

What I'm very much loving is the fact that this eppy is a gift to those of the Shep whumping persuasion....um...there's a heck of a lot of us and we're very much looking forward to this and hoping for much whumpage! Thank you!!

Wonder if this will be the episode that has the Wraith from CG in....actually I kinda hope not?! I hope that'll be another storyline...I want more than one Shep tale in the first half of s4 if possible please?!!

Hmmm...the title 'Travelers'. Perhaps Shep is offworld and gets abducted and enslaved by....er....some nomadic space travelers or something!! Don't know!! Let the speculating begin!

:)

Yep!! pretty and whumped is in order for me to!!!

I totally agree I am hoping that travelers is not the CG Wraith storyline, as that means potential for more whump :) What can I say I am what I am!!

I wondered if it could be more a time thing than a location with travelers or maybe it will be set on atlantis rather than off world, someone could visit atlantis under false pretences and cause mayhem.

Its difficult really to speculate really the title doesn't really give much

parisindy
March 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM
you know even the lure of good whump can't make me excited about season 4

thanks goodness for fanfic and dvd's

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Yep!! pretty and whumped is in order for me to!!!

I totally agree I am hoping that travelers is not the CG Wraith storyline, as that means potential for more whump :) What can I say I am what I am!!

I wondered if it could be more a time thing than a location with travelers or maybe it will be set on atlantis rather than off world, someone could visit atlantis under false pretences and cause mayhem.

Its difficult really to speculate really the title doesn't really give much
Agreed. I'm really looking forward to Travelers. The Shep whump promise has got me really excited, but I'm excited about season 4 anyway. I hope that It isn't to do with the CG wraith either, and somehow I don't think it will be. I have no idea what the episode is about, but I can't wait for more detailed spoilers!!!!
I hope this episode will be as good as CG though. Things are really looking good!!!!

Sheppard's Delight
March 3rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
Well I think that this epsiode is going to be the one that I really get excited about!!! I cant wait to find out more!! The title just doesnt give that much away!!!

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 12:43 PM
Well I think that this epsiode is going to be the one that I really get excited about!!! I cant wait to find out more!! The title just doesnt give that much away!!!
It doesn't, does it? The whumpers are so excited about this episode. Knowing it's a gift to us is a really nice feeling!!! :)

Listy
March 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Agreed. I'm really looking forward to Travelers. The Shep whump promise has got me really excited, but I'm excited about season 4 anyway. I hope that It isn't to do with the CG wraith either, and somehow I don't think it will be. I have no idea what the episode is about, but I can't wait for more detailed spoilers!!!!
I hope this episode will be as good as CG though. Things are really looking good!!!!

So true I am looking forward to it and hope its going to give CG a run for its money :) Season 4 needs to hurry up :)

Well there is going to be no shortage of squee and speculation from us waiting for this one, its gonna be good!! Maybe they will release a bit more info soon and we can really get our teeth into the speculation.

Sheppard's Delight
March 3rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
It doesn't, does it? The whumpers are so excited about this episode. Knowing it's a gift to us is a really nice feeling!!! :)

Well I hope that it will be one of the many gifts we get in S4!!!!!

I think we will get a few!

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Well I hope that it will be one of the many gifts we get in S4!!!!!

I think we will get a few!
Yes. Me too! I so want whumped AND pretty Sheppy, as well as a really good story! :)

Sheppard's Delight
March 3rd, 2007, 12:47 PM
So true I am looking forward to it and hope its going to give CG a run for its money :) Season 4 needs to hurry up :)

Well there is going to be no shortage of squee and speculation from us waiting for this one, its gonna be good!! Maybe they will release a bit more info soon and we can really get our teeth into the speculation.

Too right!!! As much as we try it is a little hard to speculate at the moment!

But never fear by the time it aires we will be in a frenzy of speculation!

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Too right!!! As much as we try it is a little hard to speculate at the moment!

But never fear by the time it aires we will be in a frenzy of speculation!
Oh will there be a frenzy!!!! :lol: I think it's going to be a great episode, and is something to really look forward to. I mean, if you're a whumper, you've just got to love that there's going to be whump, no matter how significant is. Hell, I'll take what I can get! I hope it's a really whumpy ep, but also that it has a dramatic storyline too. I still have no idea what relevence the title has to the content of the episode. I wish there were some more spoilers.

Sheppard's Delight
March 3rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
Oh will there be a frenzy!!!! :lol: I think it's going to be a great episode, and is something to really look forward to. I mean, if you're a whumper, you've just got to love that there's going to be whump, no matter how significant is. Hell, I'll take what I can get! I hope it's a really whumpy ep, but also that it has a dramatic storyline too. I still have no idea what relevence the title has to the content of the episode. I wish there were some more spoilers.

Well my only thought is that Shep gets captured by the 'travelers'

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
I hope so. Travelers sounds like it's to do with nomadic people, but I could be totally wrong there. Maybe some nasty little critters travel around on Sheppard?

Sheppard's Delight
March 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
I hope so. Travelers sounds like it's to do with nomadic people, but I could be totally wrong there. Maybe some nasty little critters travel around on Sheppard?

Oh okay - that is a different idea!!!

Listy
March 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM

Yeah, that would kind of make sense, although it could be that he gets hurt trying to stop someone else being taken?

It could turn out to be something really simple I mean the team 'travel' through the gate all the time, it could be an insignificant title indicating Sheppards team to people on another planet and if thats the case the possibilities are endless.

The 'Travelers' may not necessarily be people though, could be anything really.

Oh yes indeed we are not an ungrateful bunch we like any whump we can get (doesn't stop us hoping for the major stuff though :) ) I am also hoping for a really dramatic story line, something with a big impact! maybe something a little dark but not too dark, some angst is always good.

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Yeah, that would kind of make sense, although it could be that he gets hurt trying to stop someone else being taken?

It could turn out to be something really simple I mean the team 'travel' through the gate all the time, it could be an insignificant title indicating Sheppards team to people on another planet and if thats the case the possibilities are endless.

The 'Travelers' may not necessarily be people though, could be anything really.

Oh yes indeed we are not an ungrateful bunch we like any whump we can get (doesn't stop us hoping for the major stuff though :) ) I am also hoping for a really dramatic story line, something with a big impact! maybe something a little dark but not too dark, some angst is always good.
I hope so. I like dark and angst. I have a feeling it will be dark. JM said this is an episode he's wanted to do for some time, or words to that effect, so I hope it'll be quite dark and a stand out episode. I have a feeling we won't be let down. :)

caty
March 3rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
I wonder why the Shep whump thread seems to have taken over this thread.... :lol:

Rootortoise
March 3rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
I hope so. I like dark and angst. I have a feeling it will be dark. JM said this is an episode he's wanted to do for some time, or words to that effect, so I hope it'll be quite dark and a stand out episode. I have a feeling we won't be let down. :)
me too!! im so looking forward to this ep!!

and Caty: i have no idea why the whumpers have taken over this thread! *whistles innocently*

Gate Geek
March 3rd, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well I am intrigued by this ep, but not going to get overly excited. I remember being promised Shep backstory in Phantoms and that didn'yt pan out to be much of anything.

Anyways, I'm still saying travelers is going to go the way of some 'mind journey' for lack of better description rather than any 'physical, nomadic' traveler type episode.

Maybe we'll get to see some super Shep ATA gene working that causes lots of Shep whump which leads to a coma or something and he "travels" along in his mind and we get some backstory out of it? Stretching...I know, but what's a whumper too do? We are so overdue for some most excellent whump of the Shep variety.

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 3rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to this ep!

I always thought it was going to have something to do with introducing the new powerful race. Jm said we didn't know whether they were going to be friend or foe. In his little poem he said something about a race that advances through pillage and plunder and I'm wondering whether this will be them aswell. They could always travel around pillaging and plundering, then capture shep, hurt him and let him go at the end!

Anyway, just my speculation!

RepliHawk
March 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM

Same here

jenks
March 3rd, 2007, 07:39 PM
Space pikeys!

Linzi
March 3rd, 2007, 11:09 PM

I always thought it was going to have something to do with introducing the new powerful race. Jm said we didn't know whether they were going to be friend or foe. In his little poem he said something about a race that advances through pillage and plunder and I'm wondering whether this will be them aswell. They could always travel around pillaging and plundering, then capture shep, hurt him and let him go at the end!

I like your speculation! Sounds like a great idea for an episode. :)

Sheppard's Delight
March 3rd, 2007, 11:14 PM

Oh yes it could be a new 'enemy'

Listy
March 4th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Well I am intrigued by this ep, but not going to get overly excited. I remember being promised Shep backstory in Phantoms and that didn'yt pan out to be much of anything.

Anyways, I'm still saying travelers is going to go the way of some 'mind journey' for lack of better description rather than any 'physical, nomadic' traveler type episode.

Maybe we'll get to see some super Shep ATA gene working that causes lots of Shep whump which leads to a coma or something and he "travels" along in his mind and we get some backstory out of it? Stretching...I know, but what's a whumper too do? We are so overdue for some most excellent whump of the Shep variety.

Nope not getting excited at all *looks around trying to look innocent* not one bit of squeeing from me never :)

That seems to make sense I like that idea.

sherryw
March 4th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Hello all...Loving the speculation on the episode and I think I will add my own.

I'm thinking it may be nomadic people traveling in space as someone suggested earlier. I do think these people are enemies of the ancients. Perhaps Sheppard and team (a-hem or just Sheppard :D) is patroling with the jumper and runs across these people. He stops in for a visit and they are all friendly until they find out about his supergene and let the whumping start.

Pharaoh Atem
March 4th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I wonder why the Shep whump thread seems to have taken over this thread.... :lol:

:P cause we're all Shepperd fans

Linzi
March 4th, 2007, 12:28 PM
:P cause we're all Shepperd fans
Indeed we are. :)

jenks
March 4th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I think not...

talyn2k1
March 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Sorry to ask a stupid question but i`ve been frequenting these forums for a while now and I`m still not 100% what 'whumping' is.

As I understand it 'whumping' is wishing harm to a character you like (getting beaten/roughed up but nothing fatal).

Now I`m sure I`m missing something completely here but why would you wish harm to a character you like?

Or is this one of those 'if you have to ask you`ll never understand' situations?!

Ruffles
March 5th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Sorry to ask a stupid question but i`ve been frequenting these forums for a while now and I`m still not 100% what 'whumping' is.

As I understand it 'whumping' is wishing harm to a character you like (getting beaten/roughed up but nothing fatal).

Now I`m sure I`m missing something completely here but why would you wish harm to a character you like?

Or is this one of those 'if you have to ask you`ll never understand' situations?!

:lol: Check out my sig.:D

Whump is about enjoying the struggle the character goes through - the more difficult the struggle the better.

Sheppard's Delight
March 5th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Oh people like whump for many different reasons. I know we had a thread a while ago that discussed it.

There are few male whumpers....mostly it is a female thing so I am not sure that it is something that most men really understand that easily. I can only speak for myself in saying that I enjoy whump because it gives me very strong feelings of wanting to go and save Shep and look after him. My heart kind of aches when he is whumped - you may think why would you enjoy that - but I guess the same could be said of people who go and watch a horror film and want to be scared...it is all about feeling emotion.

Okay a rubbish explanation...but I think you are right - you probably will never understand if you have to ask!:)

Listy
March 5th, 2007, 10:39 AM

Oh people like whump for many different reasons. I know we had a thread a while ago that discussed it.

There are few male whumpers....mostly it is a female thing so I am not sure that it is something that most men really understand that easily. I can only speak for myself in saying that I enjoy whump because it gives me very strong feelings of wanting to go and save Shep and look after him. My heart kind of aches when he is whumped - you may think why would you enjoy that - but I guess the same could be said of people who go and watch a horror film and want to be scared...it is all about feeling emotion.

Okay a rubbish explanation...but I think you are right - you probably will never understand if you have to ask!:)

I agree with you on that IMO its not just the actual hurting and the pain its the journey and the anticipation of what results from the whump. Its a really personal thing to see someone vulnerable and hurt and you just want to see that even though they are hero's they are human and not invincible and they may well need someone to make it all better, and us whumpers would only be too pleased to volunteer :)

talyn2k1
March 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM
:lol: Check out my sig.:D

Whump is about enjoying the struggle the character goes through - the more difficult the struggle the better.

Wish I`d seen your sig before I`d posted the question - would've saved me the trouble :D

Thanks everyone for your replies but I think Ruffles sig has pretty much hit the nail on the head of that one:)

Klenotka
March 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
I think I am in bad thread but...what about some nice Rodney whump?:p

PG15
March 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
A little snippet from Joe's blog:

Jenny Robin writes: “Big Joe, how was your day?”

Answer: Pretty good. Joe Flanigan swung by the offices today to give us his thoughts on a couple of scripts. He LOVED Travelers. No surprise there. I worked on breaking down the first part of the mid-season two-parter, then joined Carl, Alan, and Martin in the writers’ room to re-break the last two acts of Martin’s latest script to incorporate Rob’s Lectoresque notion.

Linzi
March 5th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I saw that, and also that he has assigned the word 'rivalry' to Travelers. I'm getting so excited!
Rivalry makes it sound as though there's some sort of fighting going to happen, which would be really cool. Oh dear, months and months to wait until we see this episode and my speculation barometer has gone right off the scale already!!! ;)

Listy
March 6th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Fantastic!! If JF likes it its got to be good, he takes the scripts very seriously and always expresses his concerns so if he thinks its good thats all I need to know!! :)

I saw that, and also that he has assigned the word 'rivalry' to Travelers. I'm getting so excited!
Rivalry makes it sound as though there's some sort of fighting going to happen, which would be really cool. Oh dear, months and months to wait until we see this episode and my speculation barometer has gone right off the scale already!!! ;)

Oh I totally agree I can't wait, lets hope for close contact fighting!! rather than just shooting, I like the drama and the danger, it always seems to me that there is more at stake if its up close and personal!!

Gate Geek
March 7th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Jenny Robin writes: “Big Joe, how was your day?”

Answer: Pretty good. Joe Flanigan swung by the offices today to give us his thoughts on a couple of scripts. He LOVED Travelers. No surprise there. I worked on breaking down the first part of the mid-season two-parter, then joined Carl, Alan, and Martin in the writers’ room to re-break the last two acts of Martin’s latest script to incorporate Rob’s Lectoresque notion.

Let the Squee factor rise several more notches!! Damn, I just wish we'd get more hints to this ep. Heck, I'll even take it in riddle form!

So, Travelers dels with a rivalry, it has Shep whump and airs 4th? Will this ep be a good as that fourth episode of S1???????? Hmm....

jenks
March 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Plot details from stargate solutions:

Summary

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.
Details

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

ussrelativity
March 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Summary

Sheppard is taken prisoner of a group of ship-faring people known as the Travelers who wish to use his Ancient gene to reactivate long-dormant Ancient technology — specifically, an Ancient battle ship, similar to an Aurora class.
Details

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

Aw, man! You beat me to it! I was going to post a link to it!!!

jenks
March 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM
;)

travis
March 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I do hope these people from the traverlers are'nt the new powerful race cause they don't sound that powerful from the spoiler, but I could be wrong. They sound more like the Ashen to me. Even the Tollans seems more powerful, if their like the Tollans in technological then I can live with that.

Gate Geek
March 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Summary

Details

It sounds kind of exciting in that
Shep may be forced to use his ATA gene against his will (oh how I wished for this type of scenario), and he's a prisoner, but I really don't see a lot of whump happening with the scenario.

And why the hell is the leader who interacts with Shep on an "individual basis' female??? I'm sorry, but to me that just sceams NO whump and possibly giving impressions I'd rather not think about or see.

Michelle05
March 7th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Aw, man! You beat me to it! I was going to post a link to it!!!

And I'd like to say, as someone who works on Solutions, we'd appreciate people posting a link to assure proper credit is given. Here is the link to the post: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=761

garhkal
March 7th, 2007, 09:08 PM
I could see shep negotiating to use that ship, since they require him to use it..

sparkygate
March 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/index.php?cat=9
Summary

Details

Guest Characters
Larrin (Commander)
Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator)
Nevik (Chief Science Officer)

Ancient Battle but different from Aurora Class??? OMG now i really cant wait till season 4 shows... Wondering if Atlantean team will get the warship might turn the tide against the Asurans and the Wraith!!

travis
March 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Summary

Details

Guest Characters
Larrin (Commander)
Silas (Bridge Crew/Navigator)
Nevik (Chief Science Officer)

Ancient Battle but different from Aurora Class??? OMG now i really cant wait till season 4 shows... Wondering if Atlantean team will get the warship might turn the tide against the Asurans and the Wraith!!

It does sound cool can't wait to see the ship, but with the record they have it's unlikley we will gwt to keep the ship for long, but one can only hope.

sparkygate
March 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM
It does sound cool can't wait to see the ship, but with the record they have it's unlikley we will gwt to keep the ship for long, but one can only hope.

Yea but i actually want to see it in action and for the producers to show how really powerful the ancients and there ships were...

travis
March 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Yea but i actually want to see it in action and for the producers to show how really powerful the ancients and there ships were...

Same here, But would be nice to keep it. I wonder if there's going to be energy weapons on this ship or has a new specky function lol.

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 7th, 2007, 09:52 PM
This ep sounds really good! Not like a certain 'Tower' ep from a few years back! lol

WOW, a new ancient ship. Sounds pretty darn cool!

I can't wait for s4. It's looking like its going to be a really strong season!

Dromag67
March 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Wonder how many episodes it will take to blow it up?

jenks
March 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Not many, I hope.

Linzi
March 7th, 2007, 10:45 PM
And I'd like to say, as someone who works on Solutions, we'd appreciate people posting a link to assure proper credit is given. Here is the link to the post: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=761
Thanks for that!
Travelers sounds excellent to me!!! :)

Platschu
March 7th, 2007, 11:22 PM
If the "Travelers" are the new powerful race, can they be the "Grace aliens" (or Aschen, Serrakin)?

Did they find the "Tria" between the two galaxies and they have repaired the hiperdrive with their technology, but they need someone, who can fly with it?

Sheppard's Delight
March 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
It sounds kind of exciting in that
Shep may be forced to use his ATA gene against his will (oh how I wished for this type of scenario), and he's a prisoner, but I really don't see a lot of whump happening with the scenario.

And why the hell is the leader who interacts with Shep on an "individual basis' female??? I'm sorry, but to me that just sceams NO whump and possibly giving impressions I'd rather not think about or see.

Well she is one of three - maybe the other two are pure evil and she is somehow the one who feels sorry for him after many beatings and helps him to escape.

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Errrmmm... based on the recent spoilers, it looks like you made some pretty good guesses there! :lol:

It interests me that JM said this is an episode he's wanted to do for some time.. it makes me think that he's referring to the episode focusing on the consequences of Sheppard's ATA gene - JM's not the only one who's been wanting an episode about that for a long time! :D

Errmmm.... I can't think why. You wouldn't think this kind of episode would interest us at all, would you? ;) :lol:

Space pikeys!

:lol: :lol:

Can I ask you, as someone who works on Solutions, how reliable the information about this ep is? How good is your source?

BJX
March 8th, 2007, 02:05 AM
So am I the only the one thinking The Travelers are the new powerful ally that might not be all that trustworthy. They sound kinda like the Lucian Alliance which fits with Joe's comment that they're similar to a race in the SG-1 universe that are A-Typical of the pegasus galaxy.

To me this sounds very good, and I would like to see this sort of group as a permanent fixture, just so long as they are done better then the LA.

crazymitchell
March 8th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Sounds cool, no dobut it will end up getting blown up or something though :)

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 8th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Interesting, though I was kind of hoping it would be a completely alien race but it sounds like another brand of regular old humans *sigh* oh well. Guess these guys could quite possibly replace the Genii as minor semi-bad guys.

GateMan2000
March 8th, 2007, 02:30 AM
I hope that these guys aren't the "advanced race".

travis
March 8th, 2007, 03:07 AM
I hope that these guys aren't the "advanced race".

I agree, but I do hope they are advance like the Tollan, man I do miss the Tollans and their toys lol.

J_B
March 8th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Wonder how many episodes it will take to blow it up?

Chances are if these are the new guys that's coming in, they'll eventually keep & escape in the ship.

The other one is that Shep or the Wraith will destroy it.

I think anything will happen to it, rather than the SGA team getting their hands on it.

I think it'll go a bit like 'The Brotherhood', it'll look like they may get the ship, but right at the end, something will happen & the new race will escape with it!

They haven't mentioned the Tria/Trea in 10 eps, then there is the 'Submersion' Cruiser. So can't see them having any possibility of actually getting another ship to keep..Can not see that happening at all!

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 8th, 2007, 03:44 AM
I think this race will be another race that simply uses Ancient tech and has a limited understanding of it but thats about it. Like the people in the Tower but hopefully better and more 'intelligent' then them. I mean that spoiler up there makes mention of the travellers referring to the Ancients as the Ancestors which all human born within the Pegasus Galaxy seem to refer to the Ancients as

travis
March 8th, 2007, 03:49 AM
I think this race will be another race that simply uses Ancient tech and has a limited understanding of it but thats about it. Like the people in the Tower but hopefully better and more 'intelligent' then them. I mean that spoiler up there makes mention of the travellers referring to the Ancients as the Ancestors which all human born within the Pegasus Galaxy seem to refer to the Ancients as

Thats what I think from the spoiler as well.

prion
March 8th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Solutions has obtained spoilers for the S4 episode, Travelers,
currently scheduled for episode 4 of the season:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=761

Ah, looks like there will be some Sheppard whump :)

Merlin1701
March 8th, 2007, 04:51 AM
We'll see it may end up being saved after all a ship in the dock is worth 2 ancient vessels and a hive ship in the debris!!!!!!!

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 05:04 AM
This is likely a stupid question. This does sound like a neat episode but what exactly does whump mean?

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM
This is likely a stupid question. This does sound like a neat episode but what exactly does whump mean?

Uhh.. whump is kinda hard to define. It is also known as hurt/comfort and is essentially interest in/enjoyment of seeing a character suffer through difficult situations, usually involving physical or mental trauma. In other words, we like seeing Sheppard get beaten up! :lol:

prion
March 8th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Uhh.. whump is kinda hard to define. It is also known as hurt/comfort and is essentially interest in/enjoyment of seeing a character suffer through difficult situations, usually involving physical or mental trauma. In other words, we like seeing Sheppard get beaten up! :lol:

and it's also the character interaction - friends coming to rescue, the 'comfort' part at the end too. ;) it's putting your favorite character in jeopardy, sorta.. but not (as as happens a lot in tv) walking away with nary a scratch.

prion
March 8th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Can I ask you, as someone who works on Solutions, how reliable the information about this ep is? How good is your source?

I've seen the 'source' material and the spoilers are good, albeit the information is very limited so there's still the latter three acts to fill out the episode...

prion
March 8th, 2007, 05:28 AM
spoiler summary -

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. !

I would say that individual basis is a way of say, she's the key interrogator. The one who decides if Shep lives or dies and doles out appropriate punishment (or delegates it, really) when Shep decides to be uncooperative, and judging from his history, he's never very cooperative in situations like this... :D

BJX
March 8th, 2007, 06:37 AM
spoiler summary - [/spoilers]

I would say that individual basis is a way of say, she's the key interrogator. The one who decides if Shep lives or dies and doles out appropriate punishment (or delegates it, really) when Shep decides to be uncooperative, and judging from his history, he's never very cooperative in situations like this... :D

Or she's the big-breasted, ridiculously hot space vixen who has the hots for Sheppard and constantly evades the others to reassure Shep that he'll be safe and ends up being the one to form an alliance. Either way I'm happy, more so with the latter........

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Or she's the big-breasted, ridiculously hot space vixen who has the hots for Sheppard and constantly evades the others to reassure Shep that he'll be safe and ends up being the one to form an alliance. Either way I'm happy, more so with the latter........

To quote the inestimable Mr Bing, "Can open.... worms everywhere...." ;)

BJX
March 8th, 2007, 07:02 AM

I probably shouldn't mention that this episode is being written by the same people who wrote The Tower then, should I?;)

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM
I probably shouldn't mention that this episode is being written by the same people who wrote The Tower then, should I?;)

One of the same people - and he/they have also written a lot of other episodes... ;)

Rootortoise
March 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
spoiler summary - [/spoilers]

SQUEE!! i hope so!! want lots of whump!!
this ep sounds so good!!!:D

im not going to be able to hold out for season 4 im sooooo damn excited, especially this episode!!:D

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I could see shep negotiating to use that ship, since they require him to use it..

I wouldn't trust the expedition with any heavy valuable technologies.

Linzi
March 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
:lol:
Who cares? Let the old worms wriggle where they like. They'll just make themselves dizzy with all the same old comments...or send us to sleep!!!;)
These spoilers do look very promising, don't they? I like the idea of Sheppard being held captive on a ship. I also love the idea of his Ancient mega gene again getting him into trouble. We need to know more about his gene!!!

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Who cares? Let the old worms wriggle where they like. They'll just make themselves dizzy with all the same old comments...or send us to sleep!!!;)
These spoilers do look very promising, don't they? I like the idea of Sheppard being held captive on a ship. I also love the idea of his Ancient mega gene again getting him into trouble. We need to know more about his gene!!!

Who would have thought his gene would become a curse? And McKay desperately wanted the gene in the beginning.

Linzi
March 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Who would have thought his gene would become a curse? And McKay desperately wanted the gene in the beginning.
I always thought of it as a sort of gift. But, obviously, it's not in some ways. We don't know how many inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy have the gene, but from what we've seen so far it seems as if it's not many. I wonder why that is? If it only occurs rarely in the Pegasus Galaxy, then I'd guess Shep and natural gene carriers, and the artificial gene carriers could be highly sought after people.

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 09:25 AM
I always thought of it as a sort of gift. But, obviously, it's not in some ways. We don't know how many inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy have the gene, but from what we've seen so far it seems as if it's not many. I wonder why that is? If it only occurs rarely in the Pegasus Galaxy, then I'd guess Shep and natural gene carriers, and the artificial gene carriers could be highly sought after people.

They would have to identify who has it first to go after them.

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 09:26 AM
They would have to identify who has it first to go after them.

Spoilers for Coup d'Etat:
Well the Genii managed to do so in Coup d'Etat...

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Well the Genii managed to do so in Coup d'Etat...

Haven't seen that one yet. I'm running on weekend syndication. "Aurora" just aired again, followed by "The Lost Boys" next weekend. After all of these get run through again, I am positive then "Coup D'Etat" will air.

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Ah sorry. I lose track of where syndication is up to....

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Ah sorry. I lose track of where syndication is up to....

I've been running on syndication for most of the time I've been watching Stargate. Only in the last year have I been able to get more up-to-date information, particularly since I joined GateWorld.

Gate Geek
March 8th, 2007, 10:19 AM

See, I always thought of the gene as being more a pain in the arse..only because right now we still need blood samples to detect it and those who do have the ATA gene naturally are few and far between. Out of that group you havea select few like Shep who have it so dominantly...yeah, definately a pain in the arse.

And certainly enough that I would think any civilization that has access to ancient tech, even limited, would love to get thier hands on someone who has the ATA gene. It's like being a duck in a shooting gallery.......always a target.

Listy
March 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Summary

Details

Ok I had managed to get my squee level down to acceptable levels but that has just sent them back through the roof. This ep is looking good and I hope we get a decent level of whump not some wishy washy effort. The prospect of another battle ship would be interesting, hope they can negotiate keeping it but think that would be too much of an advantage and may well just make things too easy.

[SPOILERS] http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/index.php?cat=9

its gonna be fun finding out :)

I totally agree it's about time we got more information on the extent of his mega gene.

See, I always thought of the gene as being more a pain in the arse..only because right now we still need blood samples to detect it and those who do have the ATA gene naturally are few and far between. Out of that group you havea select few like Shep who have it so dominantly...yeah, definately a pain in the arse.

And certainly enough that I would think any civilization that has access to ancient tech, even limited, would love to get thier hands on someone who has the ATA gene. It's like being a duck in a shooting gallery.......always a target.

I thought it was pretty cool and a gift, I mean it opens so many doors for Sheppard (ok literally and figuratively). If he didn't have it he wouldn't be in the Pegasus Galaxy, so its most definately a gift (well for me anyway)

I can't wait for season 4!!!! and I really can't wait for travelers, I have my fingers crossed its going to be good.

IWantToBelieve
March 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM
You know, a thought occurred to me. I wonder if these guys will become part of the new bad guys? If they manage to kidnap shep while he's in his jumper, that implies they know tech. They've got an Ancients ship...hmmmm, interesting!

Elinor
March 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Ooooh...that's an interesting query. Yeah...why is it so rare? That could be a future storyline in itself!

Heh! Yep...um...that's good?! Leaves the door open for more future whump!! I flippin' hope so anyway!!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-005.gif

Linzi
March 8th, 2007, 11:26 AM
You know, a thought occurred to me. I wonder if these guys will become part of the new bad guys? If they manage to kidnap shep while he's in his jumper, that implies they know tech. They've got an Ancients ship...hmmmm, interesting!
I wondered the same. :)

IWantToBelieve
March 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Hehe, if it's true, that'd be cool. :)

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM
If Sheppard keeps getting beaten up and captured, he could be in a running against Teal'c for most captures and tortures.

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 11:44 AM
If Sheppard keeps getting beaten up and captured, he could be in a running against Teal'c for most captures and tortures.

Not really. He's been captured a fair few times but really he's gotten off pretty lightly in the beaten up and torture stakes... unlike Teal'c.. torture the jaffa seems to be a popular game in the MW galaxy! :lol:

Sheppard has a distressing tendency of talking his way out of situations where has been captured. *sigh* Common Ground being, of course, a notable exception! :D :D

Ruffles
March 8th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Yeah, but when Teal'c gets captured, he really gets tortured. Shep's really only been tortured once (CG). He has a long way to go to catch up with Teal'c whump.

Edit: Ali beat me to it. <grin>

Elinor
March 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Sheppard has a distressing tendency of talking his way out of situations where has been captured. *sigh*

Yeah...he really needs to stop doing that!!

:D

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Not really. He's been captured a fair few times but really he's gotten off pretty lightly in the beaten up and torture stakes... unlike Teal'c.. torture the jaffa seems to be a popular game in the MW galaxy! :lol:

Sheppard has a distressing tendency of talking his way out of situations where has been captured. *sigh* Common Ground being, of course, a notable exception! :D :D

Sheppard seems to have a knack with talking himself out of a problem.

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Yeah. Damn him. :lol:

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah. Damn him. :lol:

So does Weir as well. She, however, takes a more diplomatic approach to it, given her background.

Sheppard's Delight
March 8th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Agreed ! ;)

Listy
March 8th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Yep thats a nasty little habit he has got, I wish it could be rectified, I mean really no one can talk themselves out of every situation, at somepoint he's gotta get whumped!!! lets hope he can't talk his way out of travelers :)

Darkbram
March 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM

ussrelativity
March 8th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I'm certainly looking forward to seeing that Ancient warship. It may be an entirely new class of ship.

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM

Ah got it. I guess in that case I am a whump fan too. As long as they don't kill sheppard. If they have to kill anybody I'd love them to bring back that scientist that always hated Weir and watch him get blown to itty bittty pieces.:D

Ruffles
March 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Ah got it. I guess in that case I am a whump fan too. As long as they don't kill sheppard. If they have to kill anybody I'd love them to bring back that scientist that always hated Weir and watch him get blown to itty bittty pieces.:D

Ah, another convert! Come join us on the Shep Whump thread. Never kill; only wound - badly. And NEVER touch teh hair! :D

And you mean Kavanaugh. Hated that guy. He really was creepy.

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Ah, another convert! Come join us on the Shep Whump thread. Never kill; only wound - badly. And NEVER touch teh hair! :D

Yup him. Love seeing hated characters get blown up. Really wished Ronon would beat the crap out of him in Critical Mass. Agreed no hair touching! Wish my hair was that nice.:D

Sheppard's Delight
March 8th, 2007, 01:21 PM

Oh no permanent damage of any kind - especially to the hair :lol:

Linzi
March 8th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Oh no permanent damage of any kind - especially to the hair :lol:
Or to that beautiful face! A few bullet holes here and there in places that don't show are fine though ;)

Sheppard's Delight
March 8th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Or to that beautiful face! A few bullet holes here and there in places that don't show are fine though ;)

Oh yes in fact I would say that they are encouraged!!!;)

Linzi
March 8th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Indeed. :)

Alipeeps
March 8th, 2007, 02:01 PM
And the thread completely derails in the the Sheppard Whump Thread Mark II! :lol: :D

BJX
March 8th, 2007, 02:58 PM
One of the same people - and he/they have also written a lot of other episodes... ;)

I know, I know. It was all said in jest.:sheppard:

Gate Geek
March 8th, 2007, 04:23 PM

LMAO @ you guys!!!

Hm..would it be too much to hope that Sheppy get shot (and NOT in the left arm) somewhere in this ep??
What?? JM said Travelers was a gift to us Shep whumpers...well, we have high expectations when it comes to whump.

garhkal
March 8th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't trust the expedition with any heavy valuable technologies.

If it was not 'war oriented' i coudl see us being allowed to use it... like if it was more of a transport (troop) vessle, rather than a drone launcher..

LOL... that is true... Our favorite Jaffa has been captured/tortured a lot..

Gravity
March 8th, 2007, 08:58 PM
What's the chance that it will be one of those kicking episodes...

IMO I think they will most probably have a swap for sheppard with the ATA gene tharapy that Dr Beckett discovered, and no action packed end of the seat ending...

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 10:26 PM

So you'd love it if he got shot say in the gonads?:D

Linzi
March 8th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Good grief, no! Even I wouldn't want Shep hurt there!!! :eek:
I was thinking of the leg, or chest!!!

Mitchell82
March 8th, 2007, 10:32 PM

Well you said doesnt show lol.:D

Linzi
March 9th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Well you said doesnt show lol.:D
It'd show in the pitch of his voice :lol:

Listy
March 9th, 2007, 03:08 AM
It'd show in the pitch of his voice :lol:

LMAO - love it!!

prion
March 9th, 2007, 04:12 AM

oh, well, i think you'd have them shot off.... can't say i've seen a story where anybody's been shot there, but whoa, did you see Casino Royale? OUch....

prion
March 9th, 2007, 04:13 AM
If it was not 'war oriented' i coudl see us being allowed to use it... like if it was more of a transport (troop) vessle, rather than a drone launcher..

LOL... that is true... Our favorite Jaffa has been captured/tortured a lot..

i've lost count how many times teal'c has been captured and tortured by the big bad jaffa/gou'ald,to the point I'm like, oh yawn, again?? because the way he gets caught, etc. never seems to vary.

Gate Geek
March 9th, 2007, 04:14 AM

Ack! You forgot the shoulder and the side are viable targets as well. :)

WHA????? Oh god NEVER!! That is off limits as well as teh hair!!

Sheppard's Delight
March 9th, 2007, 07:04 AM
oh, well, i think you'd have them shot off.... can't say i've seen a story where anybody's been shot there, but whoa, did you see Casino Royale? OUch....

OMG yes :eek:

prion
March 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Ack! You forgot the shoulder and the side are viable targets as well. :)

WHA????? Oh god NEVER!! That is off limits as well as teh hair!!

actually, shoulders are the stereotypical place to get shot, although it's one of the worst, due to all the nerves, blood vessels, etc. a long time ago (pre-internet, pre cable) a doctor wrote an article for tv guide entailing just what would really happen if the hero got shot in the shoulder like was prevalent in the 70s cop dramas - it wasn't a pretty sight, and the damage was permanent.

so, shoot in side is okay as long as you're not too far in... and the velocity of the bullets matters a lot (high velocity causes cavitation which crushes organs and breaks bones).

so, perhaps we should use alien technology to whump our guys? ;)

Linzi
March 9th, 2007, 09:15 AM
actually, shoulders are the stereotypical place to get shot, although it's one of the worst, due to all the nerves, blood vessels, etc. a long time ago (pre-internet, pre cable) a doctor wrote an article for tv guide entailing just what would really happen if the hero got shot in the shoulder like was prevalent in the 70s cop dramas - it wasn't a pretty sight, and the damage was permanent.

so, shoot in side is okay as long as you're not too far in... and the velocity of the bullets matters a lot (high velocity causes cavitation which crushes organs and breaks bones).

I'll take anything I can get ;)

Ruffles
March 9th, 2007, 10:16 AM

Or live on in the belief that there is an Ancient device somewhere on Atlantis that can fix even the worst wound. Of course, they'd have to find it just in the nick of time....

Gate Geek
March 9th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Ok.....burst my buble of whump. But hey, I'm up for whump by alien tech....

Or live on in the belief that there is an Ancient device somewhere on Atlantis that can fix even the worst wound. Of course, they'd have to find it just in the nick of time....

...and being put back together by alien tech.

I don't care how Shep gets whumped in Travelers, he just best be whumped darned good. Nothing wimpy on the order of papercuts either....

Mitchell82
March 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM

Yeah forgot about that. The one in Robocop is worse though.

SGFerrit
March 11th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I just read the spoilers about the new ancient ship. Sounds great, very excited about this.

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Ok.....burst my buble of whump. But hey, I'm up for whump by alien tech....

...and being put back together by alien tech.

I don't care how Shep gets whumped in Travelers, he just best be whumped darned good. Nothing wimpy on the order of papercuts either....

MAbey his arm gets blown off by a bomb and we find some tech that regenerates living tissue!:D Just to hear Mckay say "Now that's not fair his arm looks better than before!;)

Gate Geek
March 11th, 2007, 10:09 AM
MAbey his arm gets blown off by a bomb and we find some tech that regenerates living tissue!:D Just to hear Mckay say "Now that's not fair his arm looks better than before!;)

:lol: Um...blown off body parts even if they could miracously be reattached is a bit too much for me. But yeah, I could so see Rodney making some snark comment like that.

SGFerrit
March 11th, 2007, 11:33 AM
ooh just thought, now that we know what we know, is there any chance that the Travellers are the new big player race in s4? Or has that already been discussed?

Listy
March 11th, 2007, 11:42 AM
:lol: Um...blown off body parts even if they could miracously be reattached is a bit too much for me. But yeah, I could so see Rodney making some snark comment like that.

OMG, totally agree GG don't think even the whumpers would be up for blown off body parts thats just freaky!! I will settle for some good old fashioned whump and emotional angst.

But love Rodney's snarky comments lets hope for some good snark in Travelers.

IronGoliath
March 11th, 2007, 04:24 PM
OH MY GOD The Travelers info up on the main page that was just released blew me away.

I CANNOT WAIT until that episode airs! They FINALLY put Sheppard on the list to be rescued or something of the like, which is nice to see, as he's always the one doing the saving.

The concept behind it is fresh in my point of view and I think its going to be a fantastic episode.

Future Projections: Hopefully atlantis becomes friendly with these guys :)

If not, we gotta stop making enemies :mckay: .

IronGoliath
March 11th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Sorry, very very excited.

DelTrax1
March 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Ok...now I'm completely disappointed ....I thought that the new species was going to be something different. So I bet I already know the episode....we end up winning in the end either get the ship or blow the ship up.

DelTrax1
March 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Ok..maybe I should post this so people don't get mad at my previous post. I like that there is going to be another ship and race....but I just thought it would have been more exciting. It just seems like we move from one bad race to another. And that's me assuming though. We will see.

Gate Geek
March 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
OH MY GOD The Travelers info up on the main page that was just released blew me away.

I CANNOT WAIT until that episode airs! They FINALLY put Sheppard on the list to be rescued or something of the like, which is nice to see, as he's always the one doing the saving.

The concept behind it is fresh in my point of view and I think its going to be a fantastic episode.

I agree we so need to see Shep being rescued. The poor guy has always had to get himself out of the situations he's been in. It would be a refreshing change to have the team actually bail him out for once.

I so hope Shep's rescue isn't the Apollo showing up, locating Shep by his subdermal transmitter (or whatever its called) and beamed right out of the bad guys hands back to Apollo. I want more substance and more dramatic rescue than that.

Iguana775
March 11th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I wonder how long they wait to blow up the new ancient war ship. lol

An-Alteran
March 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM
I HOPE it is a new class of ship!
The detail says "Battleship" I hope it is more than just a Warship!
Maybe a new class that was just finished but too late to change the war that will shred Wraith to pieces?! O-o

Mitchell82
March 11th, 2007, 09:35 PM

Yeah a little too much. Ok how about this, that woman on the ship tortures shepard, by smacking him, scratching him and then shooting him in the leg, and then when he recovers Rodney justs looks at him, walks away and mumbles "Kirk".:D

Celtic Wizard
March 11th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Sorry saw same heading below

Celtic Wizard
March 11th, 2007, 11:50 PM
No Name for the new people, how about Odyssians (after Odysseus Greek Worrior who wander for 12 years after the fall of Troy)

Celtic Wizard
March 11th, 2007, 11:53 PM
If these people Travel around then why do they need a new ship

just curious?

Alipeeps
March 12th, 2007, 02:48 AM
If these people Travel around then why do they need a new ship

just curious?

Because who wouldn't want a big fancy battleship to help fend off the Wraith? :D From the sound of things, they are technologically advanced and they are already interested in being able to use Ancient technology and are looking for a way to make the tech work for them - which is where Sheppard comes in. I can imagine the ep bringing up something of a discussion (which was kinda touched upon with Weir and Kolya in The Storm) about who has more right/entitlement to the Ancients' legacy in the Pegasus galaxy... when asked to give one word that summed up something about each of the eps for Season 4 so far, Joe Mallozzi said "rivalry" for Travelers. I can see the Travelers attitude being that, as Pegasus galaxy natives, they have more right to Ancient tech and using it than the Atlantis team do... thus giving us the element of rivalry... two advanced races both seeking to collect and use Ancient tech.

Linzi
March 12th, 2007, 02:59 AM
Because who wouldn't want a big fancy battleship to help fend off the Wraith? :D From the sound of things, they are technologically advanced and they are already interested in being able to use Ancient technology and are looking for a way to make the tech work for them - which is where Sheppard comes in. I can imagine the ep bringing up something of a discussion (which was kinda touched upon with Weir and Kolya in The Storm) about who has more right/entitlement to the Ancients' legacy in the Pegasus galaxy... when asked to give one word that summed up something about each of the eps for Season 4 so far, Joe Mallozzi said "rivalry" for Travelers. I can see the Travelers attitude being that, as Pegasus galaxy natives, they have more right to Ancient tech and using it than the Atlantis team do... thus giving us the element of rivalry... two advanced races both seeking to collect and use Ancient tech.
Great hypothesis! That really makes sense! :)

Gate Geek
March 12th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Yeah a little too much. Ok how about this, that woman on the ship tortures shepard, by smacking him, scratching him and then shooting him in the leg, and then when he recovers Rodney justs looks at him, walks away and mumbles "Kirk".:D

Smacking and Scratching Shep? THat's a bit cliche when it comes to a girl isn't it? How bout a good all around beating with black eyes, swollen bleeding lip, cracked ribs, broken fingers and well...I'll give ya the gun shot wound. (hey I'm a whumper).

But I can certainly do without the Kirk comments. Please...its old and overdone.

Gate Geek
March 12th, 2007, 04:06 AM

Oh...I like that Ali!! I just hope Shep really becomes a pawn in the struggle and is used and abused to 'help' the Travelers gain access to that tech.

I can't help but wonder, these Travelers may be advanced, but obviously can't use all the ancient tech (especially if they need Shep to help interface with it), so how much claim can they well, claim too being Ancient tech for themeselves? At least the Expedition does have several members who are more than capable of using Ancient tech. What am I missing?

Alipeeps
March 12th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Oh...I like that Ali!! I just hope Shep really becomes a pawn in the struggle and is used and abused to 'help' the Travelers gain access to that tech.

I can't help but wonder, these Travelers may be advanced, but obviously can't use all the ancient tech (especially if they need Shep to help interface with it), so how much claim can they well, claim too being Ancient tech for themeselves? At least the Expedition does have several members who are more than capable of using Ancient tech. What am I missing?

If you think back to The Storm though, Kolya chided Weir for her presumptuousness at thinking that the Atlantis team had more right to Atlantis and to Ancient tech etc than the people of the Pegasus galaxy... true the Atlantis team are from Earth and are at least partly descended from the Ancients.. but the humans in Pegasus were put there by the Ancients and in many ways revered them and their legacy. True, they can't use Ancient tech... but then, until Beckett's gene therapy, very few Earth humans had the gene and could use the tech... who's to say it's not the same situation in Pegasus, that the natural gene is simply rare? The Genii started work on creating their own gene therapy to allow them to use Ancient tech and the Travelers are trying to make their own interface... from their point of view, how is what they are doing any different than Beckett engineering the gene therapy to allow Earth humans better access to Ancient tech?

Gate Geek
March 12th, 2007, 04:34 AM
If you think back to The Storm though, Kolya chided Weir for her presumptuousness at thinking that the Atlantis team had more right to Atlantis and to Ancient tech etc than the people of the Pegasus galaxy... true the Atlantis team are from Earth and are at least partly descended from the Ancients.. but the humans in Pegasus were put there by the Ancients and in many ways revered them and their legacy. True, they can't use Ancient tech... but then, until Beckett's gene therapy, very few Earth humans had the gene and could use the tech... who's to say it's not the same situation in Pegasus, that the natural gene is simply rare? The Genii started work on creating their own gene therapy to allow them to use Ancient tech and the Travelers are trying to make their own interface... from their point of view, how is what they are doing any different than Beckett engineering the gene therapy to allow Earth humans better access to Ancient tech?

I get ya. I wasn't defending the Expedition's right to lay claim to the Ancient tech either. I was just trying to figure out what I was missing this early this morning.

I understand the Ancients seeded the Pegasus Galaxy which means that somewhere we have to have more people with the natural gene. (other than those in the Tower *blech*).

So does anyone think these Travelers have anyone with the ATA gene? Maybe a 'weak' one like Beckett that allowed them to access some tech, but not do much else? Hence the need for someone like Sheppy to complete the interface and thier ability to use it?

OMg, if they want to access this tech to use against Atlantis (that rivalry - right to claim complex) Shep is going to be put in a delightful postion then isn't he??? SQUEE!!

Either way, this ep has loads of potential. I sure hope it doesn't gert screwed up.

mcbarr
March 12th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Well, I must confess I'm a little disappointed with the latest news. First, because these human travelers are probably the new powerful race which was mentioned earlier. Second, because they live in a generational ship, which sounds a lot like a Voyager episode and some old sci-fi shows. Third, because these travelers have another Ancient vessel ready to be destroyed/forgotten by the Tau'ri. IMHO, this plot will have to be exceptionally good, or this ep will fail miserably. And by good I certainly don't mean some hot chick spanking Kirk, oops, Sheppard for 40+ minutes.

Alipeeps
March 12th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Taken out of context, *any* plot point can be considered to be similar to plots from other episodes/other shows. Before it aired, people were complaining that the episode The Ark was a re-hash of SG1's Lifeboat merely because the plot involved the survivors of a civilisation held in storage in some way. :rolleyes:

doylefan22
March 12th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Taken out of context, *any* plot point can be considered to be similar to plots from other episodes/other shows. Before it aired, people were complaining that the episode The Ark was a re-hash of SG1's Lifeboat merely because the plot involved the survivors of a civilisation held in storage in some way. :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree. The basic premise of many stories is often similar, but it's how the writer deals with the details that makes the episode.

I'm not overly excited about this one yet. Alien ships and technology don't really float my boat. We'll see what the character side of this brings though...

talyn2k1
March 12th, 2007, 08:25 AM
It sounds like it could be quite interesting and it would be nice to have a human adversary now that the Genii have been neutered.

But they already have an Ancient warship they seem to have forgotten about and if they get another one only to blow it up then the theme of getting tech and then forgetting about/blowing it up is really going to start getting old.

Atleast SG-1 only got their hands on Hataks on a very rare occasion and you could forgive them losing it in whatever situation they were in, but we're already up to S4 and we've lost 1 Aurora, 1 Hiveship, forgotten about another Aurora and then there is the Travelers battleship which could go either way.
I have no problem with them dangling Ancient tech infront of us and then removing it - just don`t do it so god damn often!!

prion
March 12th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Well, I must confess I'm a little disappointed with the latest news. First, because these human travelers are probably the new powerful race which was mentioned earlier. Second, because they live in a generational ship, which sounds a lot like a Voyager episode and some old sci-fi shows. Third, because these travelers have another Ancient vessel ready to be destroyed/forgotten by the Tau'ri. IMHO, this plot will have to be exceptionally good, or this ep will fail miserably. And by good I certainly don't mean some hot chick spanking Kirk, oops, Sheppard for 40+ minutes.

the travelers live on the ship, but they do visit planets, so it's not like they're totally stuck in space, and the ship they want Shep to make work is similar to an Aurora class vessel. Yes, let's hope they don't blow this one up too, as the writers of both Sgs love to blow up ships. Why not get one and just have problems with it?

Hope they keep Larrin as a hard, military type leader who just sees Shep as a prisoner to be used, and nothing more.

nerus
March 12th, 2007, 09:49 AM
from what i read about this episode it could mean that we get another lantean warship and if we do how long before we lose it again. Also is that what the people are living on? .But from what i have read it looks be a really good episode.

Pegasus_SGA
March 12th, 2007, 10:20 AM
the travelers live on the ship, but they do visit planets, so it's not like they're totally stuck in space, and the ship they want Shep to make work is similar to an Aurora class vessel. Yes, let's hope they don't blow this one up too, as the writers of both Sgs love to blow up ships. Why not get one and just have problems with it?

I give them 39 minutes into the ep before it's blown up, lol :D

Hope they keep Larrin as a hard, military type leader who just sees Shep as a prisoner to be used, and nothing more.

I agree, someone who is a renegade and in the position she is, isn't likely to be shouldn't be all cutesy and be all girly girl, that'd really go against what we know of renegades. I'd love to see a smart cookie, who isn't afraid to kick ass when it's something she wants. Getting to that level of leadership, i'd expect her to have the respect of her 'men' so to speak, lol. And as that type of group, they'd have had plenty of practice (I would hope) of getting what they want by whatever means possible, and if it it's that cut throat a ship, then I expect big things from this ep.

Listy
March 12th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Totally agree, this info has only hyped up my squee levels, it looks like its going to be a pretty damn good episode I so hope we are not dissapointed. Its about time we saw Sheppard being the one rescued and hopefully his teams struggle to accomplish it. Just hope its not too easy I want to see Sheppard and his team struggle!!!

I so hope Shep's rescue isn't the Apollo showing up, locating Shep by his subdermal transmitter (or whatever its called) and beamed right out of the bad guys hands back to Apollo. I want more substance and more dramatic rescue than that.

That would be a cop out but could cope if the team went in to find him and ultimately rescue him and the beaming happens at the end, however it would be more fun to see them struggle to escape by some other means.

I HOPE it is a new class of ship!
The detail says "Battleship" I hope it is more than just a Warship!
Maybe a new class that was just finished but too late to change the war that will shred Wraith to pieces?! O-o

Yup I also hope its a new class ship, but nothing that would make it too easy to defeat the Wraith, I kind of like the Wraith as an enemy and wouldn't want them to be beaten too easily.

Exactly, that would be like driving round in a bog standard car and saying no thanks to a sports car, somehow I think most people would want to upgrade regardless of what they already have.

As for the rivalry part, I think you are bang on target. Its inevitable that an advanced race would want to lay claim to Atlantis tech to gain a strong advantage over everyone else in the galaxy, if not Atlantis in itself - just thinking, do you think they would want Atlantis? Did it say something in the info about them residing on the ship being part of who they? Wonder if they would want to settle on Atlantis? or just gain the tech... anyway....

I get ya. I wasn't defending the Expedition's right to lay claim to the Ancient tech either. I was just trying to figure out what I was missing this early this morning.

I understand the Ancients seeded the Pegasus Galaxy which means that somewhere we have to have more people with the natural gene. (other than those in the Tower *blech*).

So does anyone think these Travelers have anyone with the ATA gene? Maybe a 'weak' one like Beckett that allowed them to access some tech, but not do much else? Hence the need for someone like Sheppy to complete the interface and thier ability to use it?

OMg, if they want to access this tech to use against Atlantis (that rivalry - right to claim complex) Shep is going to be put in a delightful postion then isn't he??? SQUEE!!

Either way, this ep has loads of potential. I sure hope it doesn't gert screwed up.

That would be good, I like the idea that they have someone with a small ability to use the tech but nothing on the scale of Shep, potential to caus emore problems for Sheppard. Would also like to see Shep put in that position, could make for very interesting viewing.

I agree, someone who is a renegade and in the position she is, isn't likely to be shouldn't be all cutesy and be all girly girl, that'd really go against what we know of renegades. I'd love to see a smart cookie, who isn't afraid to kick ass when it's something she wants. Getting to that level of leadership, i'd expect her to have the respect of her 'men' so to speak, lol. And as that type of group, they'd have had plenty of practice (I would hope) of getting what they want by whatever means possible, and if it it's that cut throat a ship, then I expect big things from this ep.

It will be refreshing to see a female leader who doesn't mess around being nice and is so strong in character that she can hold on to leadership in a pretty difficult situation, commanding respect and being brutal and ruthless in doing so.

All in all this has just made me more happy about the ep, only negative thing is its too long to wait.

Leiutenant Bong
March 12th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Are you blind? Did you not notice that this thread already exists and has over five pages of threads! Try searching before opening up another thread about the same topic.

DelTrax1
March 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
I would have liked to see the episode with the race of Asgards with there original form. Like the original form moved out to the pegasus galaxy over 10000 years ago with the Lanteans and have been living on a ship to not die to the Wraith....that sounds way better then the current episode...

SaberBlade
March 12th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Oh great, another Warship.

Am I the only person who is getting tired by the introduction of supposidly long lost ships that just happen to still work, which will eventually be destroyed after 3 episodes, 4 tops.

Shearstone
March 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Just seen the spoilers for the ep travelers and thought id see what odds and guesses people have for the longevity (life span) that the new "ancient battleship" will have i reckon it'll survive 2 episodes and be destroyed in the first major space battle between Asurans and SGA so i'll give myself 3/1 odds.

Any more opinions/takers?

SG-25CSAR
March 12th, 2007, 03:47 PM
they might have that ancient ship sent to the milkway to fight the ori, thus we'll never see it.

garhkal
March 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM
If you think back to The Storm though, Kolya chided Weir for her presumptuousness at thinking that the Atlantis team had more right to Atlantis and to Ancient tech etc than the people of the Pegasus galaxy... snip...

I actually wish they would explore this angle more, as many of the planets we have been to in the PG, have shown the people 'worship' the alterans as ancestors..

MechaThor
March 13th, 2007, 04:07 AM
The travelers sound cool however i have one major fear which could destroy any love i may feel towards them which is....

When they say a NEW RACE! they better mean a new ALIEN (i.e. men and woman in monster suits). Otherwise all my hope will be shattered once again byv the writers racisum towards aliens. If they are or look anything like a Human i will cry.

mcbarr
March 13th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Well, according to the article, the travelers live on board a generational ship to avoid the Wraith. So, if the Wraith can feed on them, they're probably humans, and I'll also be disappointed. Personally, I'd be satisfied with just a Nox-type alien, per instance.

I'm just tired of seeing humans all over the universe. Bah, it doesn't make sense... At least in the Milky Way galaxy, they explained that with the Goa'uld thing and later with the Dakara device. Now what's the deal with all these humans in the Pegasus Galaxy?

Alipeeps
March 13th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I'm just tired of seeing humans all over the universe. Bah, it doesn't make sense... At least in the Milky Way galaxy, they explained that with the Goa'uld thing and later with the Dakara device. Now what's the deal with all these humans in the Pegasus Galaxy?

The Ancients seeded life in the Pegasus galaxy, creating human civilisations all over the galaxy.

mcbarr
March 13th, 2007, 07:18 AM
But they had just seeded life in the Milky Way... Why would they do the same in their refuge (PG)? So the Ancients ultimate goal (besides ascension) is to build Stargates and people? That's too narcissistic, IMHO. Then again, the Ancients are turning out to be major a##holes. :(

Mitchell82
March 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Smacking and Scratching Shep? THat's a bit cliche when it comes to a girl isn't it? How bout a good all around beating with black eyes, swollen bleeding lip, cracked ribs, broken fingers and well...I'll give ya the gun shot wound. (hey I'm a whumper).

But I can certainly do without the Kirk comments. Please...its old and overdone.

Ok you're right much better!:D

prion
March 14th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Just seen the spoilers for the ep travelers and thought id see what odds and guesses people have for the longevity (life span) that the new "ancient battleship" will have i reckon it'll survive 2 episodes and be destroyed in the first major space battle between Asurans and SGA so i'll give myself 3/1 odds.

Any more opinions/takers?

Hmm.... I suspect that yes, we stupid humans will blow up the ship somehow, either taking it into battle when we're vastly outnumbered, or someone sticks the wrong fuse in the wrong slot and overloads and KABOOM. Face it, we're just not destined to hold on to an alien spaceship, least not in the SG universe...

Ltcolshepjumper
March 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I hope the race in travelers keeps the ship, or the SGA team gets it ( for at least a year)

Lorr
March 14th, 2007, 05:47 PM
But they had just seeded life in the Milky Way... Why would they do the same in their refuge (PG)? So the Ancients ultimate goal (besides ascension) is to build Stargates and people? That's too narcissistic, IMHO. Then again, the Ancients are turning out to be major a##holes. :(
The Ancient hologram in Rising said that they seeded Pegasus as well. The Travelers may have evolved in a slightly different direction if they have been on their ship, in a closed society, for many generations. Dominant genes/traits would eventually come to the fore even if they practiced careful breeding (for want of a better word).

It'd be nice if the Atlantis team could keep the Ancient ship, but they didn't find it. If the Travelers turn out to be wanting to fight the Wraith, even on their own terms, would the team want to risk damaging or destroying it, just to take it away?

This could be a very interesting story.

obsessed1
March 15th, 2007, 09:26 AM
this is the whumpers dream and im glad to be one!!!! who knows what will happen but i cant wait!!!

vaberella
March 15th, 2007, 08:57 PM

I will not be adding anything of use to this post and probably this thread except for the affirmation that I don't mind "Kirk" because I get to pretend I'm the "hot woman" who's spanking that very scrumptious behind for 40+ minutes...meh, I'll take the front too. :D

I completely and whole heartedly agree with the second question and final sentence. But your description makes me wiggy. Oh man can you whumpers make someone lose a spanking appetite. [Don't EXCUSE the pun! :D]

If there's whump, I'll be entertainted. It's been a while since I've seen John laying on a white bed in the med room.

Pharaoh Atem
March 24th, 2007, 03:31 AM
accrdiig to joe's blog there starting to prep this epsiode for airing.

Alipeeps
March 24th, 2007, 04:22 AM
accrdiig to joe's blog there starting to prep this epsiode for airing.

And from his description of the prep meeting for the episode, this is how Travelers begins:

Scene one, a puddle jumper flies through space. Scene two, interior jumper. Sheppard is alone. He gets a radio message from McKay. Scene three, McKay is in the control room, talking to Sheppard…

*gets ridiculously excited over this teeny snippet of information..*

Ltcolshepjumper
March 24th, 2007, 06:08 AM
And I think the concept art they had of that ship might have ben the ship from travelers
http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RgSUcmJLSzI/AAAAAAAACR4/lCU64xSzc6Y/s1600-h/DSC02007.JPG

Linzi
March 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
I'm getting really excited about this episode!!!! How long do we have to wait? :(

Sheppard's Delight
March 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I'm getting really excited about this episode!!!! How long do we have to wait? :(

TOO LONG!!!!!!

Alipeeps
March 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM

Isn't it infuriating to know they're prepping filming it right now but we won't get to see it for about 8 months? *sigh*

Linzi
March 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
TOO LONG!!!!!!

Isn't it infuriating to know they're prepping filming it right now but we won't get to see it for about 8 months? *sigh*

SOB!!!!!!!

So many interesting things seem to be happening in this episode and I am so hyper about it. It seems so unfair that we have to wait so long to see it.

Pegasus_SGA
March 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I think i'm getting OCD, lol, I keep checking JM's blog everday to see if we get any more juicy gossip.

It definately looks like Sheppard in the conception art and the machine that's by him, could be the interface system that they're going to hook him up to :D

I wonder how they're going to utilise his ATA gene, if they need him to operate some of the systems they have on board, I wonder if maybe they found an abandoned Ancient ship and salvaged some of the parts from that? Makes you wonder how they got hold of ancient technology :D And once they've got Sheppard will they want to let him go even after they've got him to activate the technology? If they're trying to replicate the gene, I think they might need a little bit more than blood, purely because it also works as a mental component to, so will they be digging around his mind to? Oooooooh the possibilities, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mitchell82
March 24th, 2007, 05:53 PM
TOO LONG!!!!!!

TOO DAMN LONG! I WANT IT NOW!:D

torinas
March 25th, 2007, 01:24 AM
After reading the gateworld description for the episode, I have to say that I can't wait to see this one.

"They set up spy satellites around many worlds, and eventually discovered and captured Sheppard."

Finally, a race that isn't inferior to earth in tech. Don't get me wrong, I love all the quaint farming societies, and the genii are fun too, I just wish the atlantis team would run into a few kickass technologically advanced races that weren't either robots (replicators), evil (wraith) or ones that die off in the same episode the team meets them (that one race that put their prisoners on an island so the wraith could munch on them) or extinct (ancients, numerous ruined planets, etc).

Not only this, but my FAVORITE part of the description is that it states they have a 'massive' lantean battleship, and they're going to use shepard to activate it. It's not the fact that they have one, but the way the word it(massive) makes it seem that what they have isn't your run of the mill aurora class scout ship, but a ship meant purely for wraith asskicking.

Though it will probably get destroyed in the same episode, I can't wait to see how it looks.

Thoughts?

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 25th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Someone commented on JM's blog whether we will meet a possible ally race and he said that watch out for season 4 so its quite possible that the battleship survives. The spoilers also mention that they already possibly have a ship, a massive generaton ship where their population has lived and they do seem advanced as its said that they use spy satellites to find Sheppard so hopefully we get introduced an interesting new race.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 25th, 2007, 05:42 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RgSUcmJLSzI/AAAAAAAACR4/lCU64xSzc6Y/s1600-h/DSC02007.JPG

Maybe their ship is this one? I think that if S4 is going to be war-based, we'll be needing some allies!

VSHARMA
March 25th, 2007, 06:27 AM
After reading the gateworld description for the episode, I have to say that I can't wait to see this one.

"They set up spy satellites around many worlds, and eventually discovered and captured Sheppard."

Finally, a race that isn't inferior to earth in tech. Don't get me wrong, I love all the quaint farming societies, and the genii are fun too, I just wish the atlantis team would run into a few kickass technologically advanced races that weren't either robots (replicators), evil (wraith) or ones that die off in the same episode the team meets them (that one race that put their prisoners on an island so the wraith could munch on them) or extinct (ancients, numerous ruined planets, etc).

The question is who are 'They'

Don't forget about Ronon Dex’s planet. That was quite advance. But were did he get that gun from???? It’s not Satedan technology.

Sauron18
March 25th, 2007, 08:55 AM

Maybe their ship is this one? I think that if S4 is going to be war-based, we'll be needing some allies!

Where is that pic from?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. It could be the Generation Ship, but it looks a bit small, I dunno.

Listy
March 25th, 2007, 10:03 AM

:eek: eight months :eek: well thats just not fair, thats far too long, we will have gone speculation and squee crazy by then

I am exactly the same Peg first thing i do when i get to work on a morning is check JMs blog to see if there is a new bit of info, it has become a bit of an obsession:)

Linzi
March 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I think i'm getting OCD, lol, I keep checking JM's blog everday to see if we get any more juicy gossip.

It definately looks like Sheppard in the conception art and the machine that's by him, could be the interface system that they're going to hook him up to :D

I wonder how they're going to utilise his ATA gene, if they need him to operate some of the systems they have on board, I wonder if maybe they found an abandoned Ancient ship and salvaged some of the parts from that? Makes you wonder how they got hold of ancient technology :D And once they've got Sheppard will they want to let him go even after they've got him to activate the technology? If they're trying to replicate the gene, I think they might need a little bit more than blood, purely because it also works as a mental component to, so will they be digging around his mind to? Oooooooh the possibilities, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Now you've got me even more excited!!!! :)

Mitchell82
March 25th, 2007, 10:51 AM

I think we all are going to need a tranqulizer to calm us down.:D

Sheppard's Delight
March 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM

You sound very much like a shep whumper - I hope not though they can be a little odd;)

Pegasus_SGA
March 25th, 2007, 12:29 PM
:eek: eight months :eek: well thats just not fair, thats far too long, we will have gone speculation and squee crazy by then

I am exactly the same Peg first thing i do when i get to work on a morning is check JMs blog to see if there is a new bit of info, it has become a bit of an obsession:)

Glad to know i'm not the only one. I'm at the stage now of so much speculation where I don't what's real or what i've made up http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/lol-panneau04.gif

hehehe can we get any more excited, lol. If the spoileries are true :D Thanks JM :D then it certainly looks like Shep is going to be kidnapped early on in the ep, and you know what that means :D A whole 33 minutes of extreme whump, the other 2 minutes is for the nice infirmary scene that they're going to give us:D Squeeeeee.

Hehehe come to the dark side hon, and play with us, we're not sick really, well we did have a mad whumper called SLC once, but she got taken away after getting too excited over CG, http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/lol-panneau04.gif We don't hear from her anymore thank goodness, but the rest of us are relatively normal ;) So which bit are you looking forward to most?

You sound very much like a shep whumper - I hope not though they can be a little odd;)

hehehe oh yes, they seem to be taking over GW thread by thread, lol :D

Sheppard's Delight
March 25th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hehehe come to the dark side hon, and play with us, we're not sick really, well we did have a mad whumper called SLC once, but she got taken away after getting too excited over CG, http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/lol-panneau04.gif We don't hear from her anymore thank goodness, but the rest of us are relatively normal ;) So which bit are you looking forward to most?

:eek: dont mention that SLC;)

Pegasus_SGA
March 25th, 2007, 12:37 PM
:eek: dont mention that SLC;)

Oh I won't hon, don't worry she was a scary chick! Hey maybe if we find her she could audition for Larrin, i'm sure she'd have no problem kicking Shep's ass, I hear she had lots of practice with her clone ;)

Hmmm I wonder what sort of character they want Larrin to be? Whether they want her to be a fluffy bunny pass the bucket or someone who's got to her position by not taking any crap? I think they do need to get a female who's capable of pulling that off. I wonder if she'll actually take charge of the interogation or be more behind the scenes? A female version of Kolya would be good :D I don't think i've seen Sheppard kick a girl's ass before... Teyla and the Wraith Queen don't count http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/lol-panneau04.gif cos they normally kick his ass *runs and hides from the Shep fans* hehehehe

Sheppard's Delight
March 25th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Oh I won't hon, don't worry she was a scary chick! Hey maybe if we find her she could audition for Larrin, i'm sure she'd have no problem kicking Shep's ass, I hear she had lots of practice with her clone ;)

Hmmm I wonder what sort of character they want Larrin to be? Whether they want her to be a fluffy bunny pass the bucket or someone who's got to her position by not taking any crap? I think they do need to get a female who's capable of pulling that off. I wonder if she'll actually take charge of the interogation or be more behind the scenes? A female version of Kolya would be good :D I don't think i've seen Sheppard kick a girl's ass before... Teyla and the Wraith Queen don't count http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/lol-panneau04.gif cos they normally kick his ass *runs and hides from the Shep fans* hehehehe

Oh yes I she would have no problem doing that!!!

Yes I hope that she is one tough cookie!!!!

The only thing I dont get though is if she really beats up on Shep can there really be any dispute about whether or not the new race are allies????

I wonder whether her involvement will be more behind the scenes so at the end she could possibly release Shep and blame others for what was done to him? That is on the assumption the epsiode is as whumpy as we are being led to believe and we will see her again.

Pegasus_SGA
March 25th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Oh yes I she would have no problem doing that!!!

Yes I hope that she is one tough cookie!!!!

The only thing I dont get though is if she really beats up on Shep can there really be any dispute about whether or not the new race are allies????

I wonder whether her involvement will be more behind the scenes so at the end she could possibly release Shep and blame others for what was done to him? That is on the assumption the epsiode is as whumpy as we are being led to believe and we will see her again.

*giggles* I know, i'm kinda wondering if Sheppard doesn't meet up with her until the very end, but she's the one orchastrating things...oh that was a big word for this time of night, lol. Hmmm that's a toughie, unless the ship is like a hierachy and she does it without the consent of the 'council' and then goes more renegade...nah that's too much like the Genii...I think I should stop talking now, lol.

On the whump front, not that we want Sheps front whumped of course, at least not certain parts of his body. Minds out the gutter please, I meant the hair!:P I don't think JM would have mentioned extreme whump if it wasn't true, unless of course he's being a big tease, lol.

caty
March 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM

8 months? That would be late November, almost December.. Doesn't premiere season start in mid September?

Pegasus_SGA
March 25th, 2007, 01:13 PM
8 months? That would be late November, almost December.. Doesn't premiere season start in mid September?

I thought Canada aired it about August/Septemeber then the US picks it up about October time, then the UK, and then the US for reasons known only to the skiffy bods decides to have a hiatus while Canada carries on and so do the UK bods.... I don't think i'll last for another 8 months!!:eek:

Alipeeps
March 25th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Could be September.. could be October. All we know is "fall". And Travelers air as ep 4... so if, for example, Season 4 doesn't start till October.. we won;t get Travelers till November... *sob*

caty
March 25th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Could be September.. could be October. All we know is "fall". And Travelers air as ep 4... so if, for example, Season 4 doesn't start till October.. we won;t get Travelers till November... *sob*

Oh, I think as long as I have something to watch, the wait won't be as horrible as it is now..
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a premiere in mid September. Although it's gonna suck if it airs in Canada first. I'll be in the US by then and could be watching it on the wide screen of pleasure. My tiny monitor is the only thing I have ever watched Atlantis on...

J_B
March 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
from what i read about this episode it could mean that we get another lantean warship and if we do how long before we lose it again. Also is that what the people are living on? .But from what i have read it looks be a really good episode.

Tbh honest I think there is an 0.00000000000001 chance they'll get to keep the ship.

It appears this ep is the introduction of the new wild card race in S4. Therefore doubt they'd be that much of a threat/ally to anyone without an uber ship at their disposal.

Therefore I can only see 2 outcomes, 1 is at the end Shep manages to be broken free after having activated the warship, or is sprung by his team who have snuck aboard the Lantean warship. They decide they can't take the ship, but don't want to let the travelers get to keep it either. So they blow it up, either by activating the self-destruct, or manage to get the shields down & have Apollo or Daedalus nuke it's ass to hell. The other outside possibility is that they manage to alert the Wraith to it, they jump in right at the end, the travelers manage to open fire on them & the Wraith destroy the new ship. The home ship then flees into hyperspace & escapes to safety. 304 takes them out, or they escape on a cloaked Jumper. All that's left is the Wraith ships standing around!

The other one & this is the scenario I'm going for is that Shep activates the ship. He manages to escape via his own PJ or is rescued by his team either from a cloaked PJ or a 304. The warship either jumps in HS & escapes, or it targets the 304 & that is forced to flee to avoid being droned to death. The other remote possibility is that his team don't know where he is at, they look for him throughout the ep but can't find him. He can't escape from the Lantean jail cell he's placed in, so after activating the ship, the female commander. Having the hots for him, decides to keep her end of the bargain & let's him go in the PJ, or they drop his ass off somewhere. He then gates back to Atlantis. They say a few words making fans wonder what's in store with these new players in town with the music playing. Then the scene either shows the outside of Atlantis or perhaps even looks out into space. Then it ends!

No way can I see them managing to steal an Ancient warship, that'll probably end up being an experimental ship, or the more powerful upgraded model of the 'Aurora'. The Tria/Trea has been lying about goodness knows where & doing what for all those months since the events of 'TR I & II'. 'Submersion' showed something else of interest. While 'Unending' gave them something that if they get to keep it makes them bigger players. So just cannot see them getting to keep an uber warship at all.

Anything advanced they get, quickly dies or gets lost! I cannot see this ship being any different! :(

Mitchell82
March 25th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Glad to know i'm not the only one. I'm at the stage now of so much speculation where I don't what's real or what i've made up http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/Scully_album/lol-panneau04.gif

hehehe can we get any more excited, lol. If the spoileries are true :D Thanks JM :D then it certainly looks like Shep is going to be kidnapped early on in the ep, and you know what that means :D A whole 33 minutes of extreme whump, the other 2 minutes is for the nice infirmary scene that they're going to give us:D Squeeeeee.

Yeah I'm recently converted. *dons black cloak and speaks in goa'uld voice "Prepare to meet they doom!":D I love the Shepard Character as he reminds me of me. Be nice if he gets a bullet somewhere I did. *cough* ass*cough*.:D I love the Shepard character but it's so fun being a whumper.

sherryw
March 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Tbh honest I think there is an 0.00000000000001 chance they'll get to keep the ship.

It appears this ep is the introduction of the new wild card race in S4. Therefore doubt they'd be that much of a threat/ally to anyone without an uber ship at their disposal.

I'm not so sure. I think that they will have advanced technology. Maybe not as advanced as the ancients, but close. I also think that this race is going to be close to how the Genii are, not exactly an ally and not exactly an enemy.

Therefore I can only see 2 outcomes, 1 is at the end Shep manages to be broken free after having activated the warship, or is sprung by his team who have snuck aboard the Lantean warship. They decide they can't take the ship, but don't want to let the travelers get to keep it either. So they blow it up, either by activating the self-destruct, or manage to get the shields down & have Apollo or Daedalus nuke it's ass to hell. The other outside possibility is that they manage to alert the Wraith to it, they jump in right at the end, the travelers manage to open fire on them & the Wraith destroy the new ship. The home ship then flees into hyperspace & escapes to safety. 304 takes them out, or they escape on a cloaked Jumper. All that's left is the Wraith ships standing around!

Those are both plausible scenarios and sound really exciting, but I have a feeling that the ship is going to survive and the new race is going to get away with it.

The other one & this is the scenario I'm going for is that Shep activates the ship. He manages to escape via his own PJ or is rescued by his team either from a cloaked PJ or a 304. The warship either jumps in HS & escapes, or it targets the 304 & that is forced to flee to avoid being droned to death. The other remote possibility is that his team don't know where he is at, they look for him throughout the ep but can't find him. He can't escape from the Lantean jail cell he's placed in, so after activating the ship, the female commander. Having the hots for him, decides to keep her end of the bargain & let's him go in the PJ, or they drop his ass off somewhere. He then gates back to Atlantis. They say a few words making fans wonder what's in store with these new players in town with the music playing. Then the scene either shows the outside of Atlantis or perhaps even looks out into space. Then it ends!

I sure hope not, at least the part where the commander has the hots for Sheppard. I'm hoping that this commander has a take charge, take no prisoners attitude. I don't want to see her all lovey dovey. In JM's blog he said that Travelers = rivalry. I have a feeling this commander is going to be Sheppard's rivalry and not have the hots for him. I don't think she will have any problem forcing him to help them. Er, at least I hope so. :D

No way can I see them managing to steal an Ancient warship, that'll probably end up being an experimental ship, or the more powerful upgraded model of the 'Aurora'. The Tria/Trea has been lying about goodness knows where & doing what for all those months since the events of 'TR I & II'. 'Submersion' showed something else of interest. While 'Unending' gave them something that if they get to keep it makes them bigger players. So just cannot see them getting to keep an uber warship at all.

Even though it hasn't been officially mentioned I wonder if the Tria had eventually landed near the East pier and was destroyed when the replicators attacked. Hopefully they will mention it at some point during the new season.

sherryw
March 25th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah I'm recently converted. *dons black cloak and speaks in goa'uld voice "Prepare to meet they doom!":D I love the Shepard Character as he reminds me of me. Be nice if he gets a bullet somewhere I did. *cough* ass*cough*.:D I love the Shepard character but it's so fun being a whumper.

Ouch!!! :D That had to be a real pain in the A**.

!!??
March 25th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I doubt the wraith would choose to destroy the ship knowing it is ancient and might hold the key for them to get an intergalactic hyperdrive or even the location of earth.

Mitchell82
March 25th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Ouch!!! :D That had to be a real pain in the A**.

Yeah it did. The nurses maid up for it though.:rolleyes: :D :p

Sheppard's Delight
March 25th, 2007, 11:35 PM

:eek:

But yes a bullet anywhere would be nice!;)

caty
March 26th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Yeah it did. The nurses maid up for it though.:rolleyes: :D :p

Ok, the lesson for today is "Whump Shep, not self" :lol:

Kira_dr
March 26th, 2007, 11:58 AM

That looks Lantean.

RepliHawk
March 26th, 2007, 12:00 PM
That looks Lantean.

Yes it does

Ltcolshepjumper
March 26th, 2007, 12:23 PM
It doesn't look that lantean. It doesn't really look like anything Ancient that we've seen before.

jenks
March 26th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Agreed.

IronGoliath
March 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Agreed.

Which is why it must be something we've never seen from the ancients before: a war ship.

A true, TRUE, warship.

Ooh I'd like to find one of those one day. :)

Mitchell82
March 26th, 2007, 05:15 PM
:eek:

But yes a bullet anywhere would be nice!;)

Just nowhere fatal. Killing shep is a bad idea.

Mitchell82
March 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM

LOL ok my bad. :D Anyone besides me want to see something along the lines of CG? I'd love to see that Wraith again.

sherryw
March 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM
LOL ok my bad. :D Anyone besides me want to see something along the lines of CG? I'd love to see that Wraith again.

Definitely bring on the Wraith.

garhkal
March 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
The question is who are 'They'

Don't forget about Ronon Dex’s planet. That was quite advance. But were did he get that gun from???? It’s not Satedan technology.

The gun ronin uses would make for a great ep, showing them or exploirng their backstory some..

I doubt the wraith would choose to destroy the ship knowing it is ancient and might hold the key for them to get an intergalactic hyperdrive or even the location of earth.

What's to say it has one?

Sheppard's Delight
March 26th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Just nowhere fatal. Killing shep is a bad idea.

:eek: ....no nothing fatal!!!!!!!

Something along the lines of CG???? Hell yes!!!!!

You really should drop into the Shep whump thread - you would fir in so well and have lots of fun!!!!;)

Elite Anubis Guard
March 27th, 2007, 12:01 AM
I would gladly see more Shep whumping. Bring on the whump!

Alipeeps
March 27th, 2007, 12:21 AM

Well JM has hinted in his blog that we are likely to see the CG Wraith in Season 4. Yay!

Linzi
March 27th, 2007, 12:33 AM
I would gladly see more Shep whumping. Bring on the whump!
DITTO!!!! ;)

Pegasus_SGA
March 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Lol you know you love it :D *giggles* I bet you're great at parties, "Wanna see my war wound?" Hehehehe. I don't mind if Shep gets shot in the a** in this ep, lol. We've almost seen McKay's butt, it seems only fair that Sheppard should get the same treatment :D I can't remember now if this is the ep that has the extreme whumpsqueeeee or is that Dopplegangers?

I'm hoping JM might share a few more spoileries for us or our friend Mr Canadian. if they're having problems casting the Larrin character then i'm assuming she's one to watch for in fututre eps. I wonder if she's gonna play the baddie or just be the one organising things? Or will she pretend to be on the side of the Atlantans to get in their favour and then stab them in the back? Preferably Shep's:D What? I'm a whumper i'm expected to say those things :D

Lol, always good advice Caty :D

CG Wraith, are you kidding me? I love that ep it makes my toes curl, lol. mean and moody Sheppard is what I loved in that ep, and I like that he crosses over to the dark side when pushed so i'm waiting for him to either kick some a** in this ep, or have his a** kicked :D I'm not picky, lol as long as we get some whump :D

Mitchell82
March 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM
[
QUOTE=Pegasus_SGA;6493797]Lol you know you love it :D *giggles* I bet you're great at parties, "Wanna see my war wound?" Hehehehe. I don't mind if Shep gets shot in the a** in this ep, lol. We've almost seen McKay's butt, it seems only fair that Sheppard should get the same treatment :D I can't remember now if this is the ep that has the extreme whumpsqueeeee or is that Dopplegangers?
LOL yeah in that case just no smilie boxers.:D

CG Wraith, are you kidding me? I love that ep it makes my toes curl, lol. mean and moody Sheppard is what I loved in that ep, and I like that he crosses over to the dark side when pushed so i'm waiting for him to either kick some a** in this ep, or have his a** kicked :D I'm not picky, lol as long as we get some whump :D
I agree. Always nice to see our favorite whumpable character turn darkside on us.

Pharaoh Atem
March 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM

me too the wraith also kicked Sheppard's ass for there anyone else. ;)

caty
March 27th, 2007, 04:11 PM

Sure, give him to me any day... But in a different ep please :)

Mitchell82
March 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Sure, give him to me any day... But in a different ep please :)

Agreed.

sherryw
March 27th, 2007, 06:11 PM
[
LOL yeah in that case just no smilie boxers.:D

I think in one episode McKay was wearing boxers that had lemon on them if I recall, but enough on that subject.

I'm really interested to see if Sheppard is rescued, escapes with the help of someone on the ship or is even let go. My hope is that he is rescued he already did the escape thing in CG.

lostinspace
March 30th, 2007, 08:48 AM
I'm looking forward to this ep for many reasons: Potential new, technologically advanced - yet ambigious - human allies, strong antagonistic female leader, the Ancient and Wraith linkages ... not to mention, possible Shep whump!

Things look promising judging from these add'l Gateworld spoilers (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/03/jill_wagner_cast_in_travelers.shtml). I just hope the actors AND writing deliver, and TPTB learn their lessons from the wild ride that was the Genii and Kolya.

Linzi
March 30th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I'm looking forward to this ep for many reasons: Potential new, technologically advanced - yet ambigious - human allies, strong antagonistic female leader, the Ancient and Wraith linkages ... not to mention, possible Shep whump!

Things look promising judging from these add'l Gateworld spoilers (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/03/jill_wagner_cast_in_travelers.shtml). I just hope the actors AND writing deliver, and TPTB learn their lessons from the wild ride that was the Genii and Kolya.
I'm hoping for exactly the same as you...oh, yes and heaps of Shep whump thrown in too ;)

Peoples_General
March 30th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Travellers has a new alien race with a "generational ship". Interestingly, this generational ship has an Ancient ship inside it... :eek: which means it's got to be frickin huge, possibly as big or even bigger than the Wraith Hiveships.

Kanten
March 30th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I just want to know what a generational ship is.

PG15
March 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM
It's a ship you live on for generations, producing children and keeping the population more-or-less constant; like a floating planet...uh...ok, that's what planets are, but you get what I mean.

mcbarr
March 30th, 2007, 05:04 PM
It might be an adapted asteroid like the one from that Star Trek TOS episode For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2412/asteroidtc6.jpg

But is it confirmed the Ancient ship is actually inside the generational ship? :confused:

Mitchell82
March 30th, 2007, 06:10 PM
It might be an adapted asteroid like the one from that Star Trek TOS episode For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky:

But is it confirmed the Ancient ship is actually inside the generational ship? :confused:

I think so, I think it is in the article confirming Jill Wagner as the woman who tourtures shep.

Congerking
March 30th, 2007, 06:30 PM
I think the ship will look like this...

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/death_star_2.jpg

Mitchell82
March 30th, 2007, 06:32 PM

LOL!

marty2006
March 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM

Just like The Ark in atlantis s3.

the fifth man
March 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM

SWEET!!!!!!:D

mcbarr
March 30th, 2007, 07:20 PM
He, he! Now that would be cool! Bring on SG Death Star! :D

Kanten
March 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM

Anubis built another one!? :D

I'd love to see John's movie references for that one.

PG15
March 30th, 2007, 08:10 PM
You guys want some pics of the inside of this thing? ;)

Link 1 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3P5KYPkrI/AAAAAAAACZI/Gzx9LsXSAtA/s1600-h/DSC03083.JPG)

Link 2 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PpKYPkqI/AAAAAAAACZA/Fx3yqYraxQM/s1600-h/DSC03087.JPG)

Link 3 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PgKYPkpI/AAAAAAAACY4/qYb43pISm3U/s1600-h/DSC03086.JPG)

Links taken from Joe Mallozzi's blog. Now, all he said was that they were sets for "Travelers" so it might NOT be the ship. Still, from what we know...it probably is.

Mitchell82
March 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
You guys want some pics of the inside of this thing? ;)

Link 1 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3P5KYPkrI/AAAAAAAACZI/Gzx9LsXSAtA/s1600-h/DSC03083.JPG)

Link 2 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PpKYPkqI/AAAAAAAACZA/Fx3yqYraxQM/s1600-h/DSC03087.JPG)

Link 3 (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rg3PgKYPkpI/AAAAAAAACY4/qYb43pISm3U/s1600-h/DSC03086.JPG)

Links taken from Joe Mallozzi's blog. Now, all he said was that they were sets for "Travelers" so it might NOT be the ship. Still, from what we know...it probably is.

Great pics! I want season 4 now!

sparkygate
March 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM
if these are photos from the ship.... mans its ugly!! :P

i wonder how there generational ship will far against the apollo and dadalues? They are the soo called 'powerful race' but what if the only reason why they are called powerful is because they planning on reviving the old anicent warship they find and use it against the wraith... it will be funny if we get in and steal the ship and say 'finders keepers' and run off with anicent warship :cameron:

Platschu
March 31st, 2007, 12:36 AM
This is ship a bit similar to Moya (Farscape). I will like it, but I hope Larrin's people won't be humans. :o

Listy
March 31st, 2007, 07:58 AM
This is ship a bit similar to Moya (Farscape). I will like it, but I hope Larrin's people won't be humans. :o

Think they are probably going to be humans, haven't they escaped from a Wraith culled world? (question am being a bit dense - can the wraith feed on non-humanoid races? am not being funny or anything I really don't know the answer) and Jill Wagner is pretty stunning so why hide it behind prosthetics - saying that Jewel is very pretty and they covered her in make up and prosthetics so guess its not a factor. Haven't seen any of Jill Wagner's previous work so no idea what she is like.

lirenel
March 31st, 2007, 08:14 AM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the premise for this episode sounds suspiciously like a fanfic I once read, only the fic had McKay instead of Sheppard. We'll see, I guess.