Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, a thought occurred to me. I wonder if these guys will become part of the new bad guys? If they manage to kidnap shep while he's in his jumper, that implies they know tech. They've got an Ancients ship...hmmmm, interesting!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      I always thought of it as a sort of gift. But, obviously, it's not in some ways. We don't know how many inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy have the gene, but from what we've seen so far it seems as if it's not many. I wonder why that is? If it only occurs rarely in the Pegasus Galaxy, then I'd guess Shep and natural gene carriers, and the artificial gene carriers could be highly sought after people.
      Ooooh...that's an interesting query. Yeah...why is it so rare? That could be a future storyline in itself!

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      See, I always thought of the gene as being more a pain in the arse..only because right now we still need blood samples to detect it and those who do have the ATA gene naturally are few and far between. Out of that group you havea select few like Shep who have it so dominantly...yeah, definately a pain in the arse.

And certainly enough that I would think any civilization that has access to ancient tech, even limited, would love to get thier hands on someone who has the ATA gene. It's like being a duck in a shooting gallery.......always a target.

Heh! Yep...um...that's good?! Leaves the door open for more future whump!! I flippin' hope so anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
        You know, a thought occurred to me. I wonder if these guys will become part of the new bad guys? If they manage to kidnap shep while he's in his jumper, that implies they know tech. They've got an Ancients ship...hmmmm, interesting!
        I wondered the same.
        sigpic

Comment

Hehe, if it's true, that'd be cool.
          sigpic

Comment

If Sheppard keeps getting beaten up and captured, he could be in a running against Teal'c for most captures and tortures.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              If Sheppard keeps getting beaten up and captured, he could be in a running against Teal'c for most captures and tortures.
              Not really. He's been captured a fair few times but really he's gotten off pretty lightly in the beaten up and torture stakes... unlike Teal'c.. torture the jaffa seems to be a popular game in the MW galaxy!

Sheppard has a distressing tendency of talking his way out of situations where has been captured. *sigh* Common Ground being, of course, a notable exception!
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but when Teal'c gets captured, he really gets tortured. Shep's really only been tortured once (CG). He has a long way to go to catch up with Teal'c whump.

Edit: Ali beat me to it. <grin>
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Sheppard has a distressing tendency of talking his way out of situations where has been captured. *sigh*
                  Yeah...he really needs to stop doing that!!

Comment

Not really. He's been captured a fair few times but really he's gotten off pretty lightly in the beaten up and torture stakes... unlike Teal'c.. torture the jaffa seems to be a popular game in the MW galaxy!

Sheppard has a distressing tendency of talking his way out of situations where has been captured. *sigh* Common Ground being, of course, a notable exception!
                    Sheppard seems to have a knack with talking himself out of a problem.

Comment

Yeah. Damn him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Damn him.
                        So does Weir as well. She, however, takes a more diplomatic approach to it, given her background.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post

Agreed !

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                            Yep thats a nasty little habit he has got, I wish it could be rectified, I mean really no one can talk themselves out of every situation, at somepoint he's gotta get whumped!!! lets hope he can't talk his way out of travelers

Comment

The Travelers might have started out evading the Wraith, but now, they live on a ship with hyperspace capability and land on planets when they need supplies or when they conduct trade. After having traveled in this way for so long, the lifestyle has become their identity.

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. She explains who they are and how they live. Larrin knows that Sheppard has the ATA gene and she knows of the Lantian technology. She calls the Ancients the Ancestors and tells Sheppard that they had heard rumors about a group of humans in the galaxy who were using the technology against the Wraith. The Travelers were curious, so they set up spy satellites near the gates in orbit (Space Gates) in order to encounter them. In Larrin’s words, “We got lucky.”

The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor. The device is not yet perfected, but the Travelers are hopeful it will eventually work. Until then, they’ve decided to use Sheppard as their interface to initialize a dormant Lantian battle ship similar to an Aurora class and make it operational once more.

Comment

I'm certainly looking forward to
                                Spoiler:
                                seeing that Ancient warship.
                                It may be an entirely new class of ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X