PDA

View Full Version : The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:27 AM
*runs into thread*

SQEEEEEE for Travell.....

*stops and stares blankly*

What was I saying?

*realises she has finally gone insane from lack of spoilers and s4 and wanders folornly back out of the thread*

Wait!!!! Come back!! It's okay, we've all lost our mind from lack of spoilers.

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Yes Yes! Come Back! It's so lonely with no one to talk to!:(

Lauriel
June 26th, 2007, 05:04 PM
*basks in the warm companionship of fellow nutters eager fans*

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 05:05 PM
*basks in the warm companionship of fellow nutters eager fans*

Ahhh much better.;)

Redhooks
June 26th, 2007, 05:07 PM

Yes Yes! Come Back! It's so lonely with no one to talk to!:(
This not related directly to Travelers the episode, but I know that Larrin will not be in any of the episodes being filmed in the 3rd and 4th weeks of July, because Jill Wagner will be in Oklahoma City filming a movie all of July.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6817428&postcount=13

Lauriel
June 26th, 2007, 05:07 PM
:) :) :)

Unfortunately I am not basking in a warm glow in RL, but it needs attention. BBL.

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM
This not related directly to Travelers the episode, but I know that Larrin will not be in any of the episodes being filmed in the 3rd and 4th weeks of July, because Jill Wagner will be in Oklahoma City filming a movie all of July.

Hmm interesting didnt know that.

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 05:33 PM

Hmmm...anyone know what eps will be filmed late July?

Redhooks
June 27th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Hmmm...anyone know what eps will be filmed late July?
I asked JM on his blog yesterday, but he didn't choose to answer it.
I still hope we will see the Travelers at least one more time this season after BAMSR.
There is a new story on GW home page that talks about the Travelers and has a beautiful woman's screen cap in the article. ;)
See it at: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/06/carter_will_have_her_hands_full.shtml

Betelgeuze
June 28th, 2007, 06:40 AM
These Travellers have i think, a rather strange mentallity. Instead of just contacting the Atlantis expedition and asking for help, they place satellites around planets so they can detect and kidnap a member of the expedition?

Not a good way to make friends. Being polite usually gives much better results than behaving like an ass. I hope that the Atlantis team teaches them a lesson on courtesy.

jenks
June 28th, 2007, 07:43 AM
They probably don't want the Atlantis expedition from trying to take their spiffy Ancient ship away from them.

Alipeeps
June 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
These Travellers have i think, a rather strange mentallity. Instead of just contacting the Atlantis expedition and asking for help, they place satellites around planets so they can detect and kidnap a member of the expedition?

Not a good way to make friends. Being polite usually gives much better results than behaving like an ass. I hope that the Atlantis team teaches them a lesson on courtesy.

I think it has to do with their culture - they have evolved to become a nomadic race, solitary and effectively scavangers. It is not in their nature to work with others but rather to take what they need/want.

Pegasus_SGA
June 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
That sounds familiar? Oh yeah I know why! My boss is like that :P

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM
That sounds familiar? Oh yeah I know why! My boss is like that :P

Eck the boss. I know what you mean, sometimes I want to tell my boss exactly what I think of him. Though I don't because I don't want to have a Court-Martial.

Redhooks
June 28th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Well JM said he doesn't like characters that are white and black (good or evil), but he likes them gray. So if they just contacted our expedition, they wouldn't be gray and it wouldn't make much of a story. Besides, The Shep Whumpers need some episodes every season where Sheppard gets the crap beat out of him or they get depressed with all that pent-up Squee! ;):D

Sheppard's Delight
June 28th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Well JM said he doesn't like characters that are white and black (good or evil), but he likes them gray. So if they just contacted our expedition, they wouldn't be gray and it wouldn't make much of a story. Besides, The Shep Whumpers need some episodes every season where Sheppard gets the crap beat out of him or they get depressed with all that pent-up Squee! ;):D

Oh you know us so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Redhooks
June 28th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Oh you know us so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
How could I not?!?!?! When I first came on GW and started posting on this thread because I am a fan of Jill Wagner, what did I find? All the Shep Whumpers posting on here about bound, beaten, and blood extracted for ATA gene whump for Sheppard. What would you think??? I was a little taken aback about the whole thing. But, I've come to learn that the whumpers are not bad people to anyone but Sheppard!!!;) :)

scifi_lemon
June 28th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I think it has to do with their culture - they have evolved to become a nomadic race, solitary and effectively scavangers. It is not in their nature to work with others but rather to take what they need/want.

ITA. I don't think that they'd be the type to ask help from anyone; besides, how well do they know the Atlantis team?

And it makes for some good Shep whump. Yay Shep whump!

Sheppard's Delight
June 28th, 2007, 11:00 PM
How could I not?!?!?! When I first came on GW and started posting on this thread because I am a fan of Jill Wagner, what did I find? All the Shep Whumpers posting on here about bound, beaten, and blood extracted for ATA gene whump for Sheppard. What would you think??? I was a little taken aback about the whole thing. But, I've come to learn that the whumpers are not bad people to anyone but Sheppard!!!;) :)

Yay - you have been enlightened!!!! :lol:

You are right though we only want to see mean things happening to Sheppy - because we love him so much :S and only because we care!

*Erika*
June 29th, 2007, 02:41 AM
It's not our fault that he looks so good when whumped!

Mitchell82
June 29th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yay - you have been enlightened!!!! :lol:

You are right though we only want to see mean things happening to Sheppy - because we love him so much :S and only because we care!

Yeah we care so so much we just like seeimg him beaten to a pulp.

scifi_lemon
June 29th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah we care so so much we just like seeimg him beaten to a pulp.

*snort* :lol:

Ehecatl
July 2nd, 2007, 02:20 PM
Could this new race be as advanced as earth or a little more advanced? Maybe they'll turn out like the Tollans, but more friendly and play a greater role. Who knows this could be the race which created Ronon's gun. I hope that there are easier to deal with than the Genii.

Wraith_Boy
July 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Could this new race be as advanced as earth or a little more advanced? Maybe they'll turn out like the Tollans, but more friendly and play a greater role. Who knows this could be the race which created Ronon's gun. I hope that there are easier to deal with than the Genii.

It's already said they are more advanced than the humans in Atlantis, meaning that they are more advanced than Earth as well!

They are not a friendly race, JM has called them a wild-card race, that is just as likely to help you as sell you out. Not to mention in the 1st ep they are seen.......

They use satellites to track Sheppard, then attack his PJ. Kidnap & beat him. Keeping him against his will for the use of his gene.

Secondly, they are only in 2 eps of S4. So it's not like they play a big part in anything.

Xicer
July 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
This sorta reminds me of that Star Trek: Voyager episode "Distant Origin" where the crew finds a group of highly advanced reptilians (The Voth) living on a massive city ship that traverses the galaxy, they apparently had a genetic ancestry with humans. While the ancestry part doesn't really apply here, it sounds sorta like the same idea with The Travelers being a group of highly advanced humans living as nomads.

Mitchell82
July 2nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
It's already said they are more advanced than the humans in Atlantis, meaning that they are more advanced than Earth as well!

They are not a friendly race, JM has called them a wild-card race, that is just as likely to help you as sell you out. Not to mention in the 1st ep they are seen.......

They use satellites to track Sheppard, then attack his PJ. Kidnap & beat him. Keeping him against his will for the use of his gene.

Secondly, they are only in 2 eps of S4. So it's not like they play a big part in anything.

I like the fact that they are more advanced than us and the fact that they are not so nice.

s09119
July 2nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Just because they only appear in two S4 episodes doesn't mean they won't play a big role... The Tok'ra only appeared in a few episodes at first, and they played a major role.

Mitchell82
July 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Just because they only appear in two S4 episodes doesn't mean they won't play a big role... The Tok'ra only appeared in a few episodes at first, and they played a major role.

Good point.

RepliHawk
July 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM

We can only wait and see

the fifth man
July 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
We can only wait and see

Annoying, isn't it? There's a lot of that going around.:D

Xicer
July 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
I dunno if I can take another three months without some new SG!

Mitchell82
July 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Annoying, isn't it? There's a lot of that going around.:D

Very bloody annoying.:tealcanime22:

pie eater general
July 3rd, 2007, 01:51 AM
I get the feeling that the travellers are going to be very important in this season, despite only being in two episodes... can't back that vibe up right now, i'm afraid... it's just a feeling, straight from my gut.

therealdb
July 3rd, 2007, 07:02 AM
I don't know if it is it, but its the only conclusion i can think off

anyway, i was just browsing the official Stargate site, had a brief look at the shop, and came across this:

http://www.mgmstore.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;key1=151168_l_EN;key2=151168_l;key3=-100_l_EN;key4=-100_l

look at the bottom left pic, the only conclusion i can think of is that its the travelers ship

what do you think?

s09119
July 3rd, 2007, 07:19 AM
I don't know if it is it, but its the only conclusion i can think off

anyway, i was just browsing the official Stargate site, had a brief look at the shop, and came across this:

http://www.mgmstore.com/kernel/imageload?table=cat_images;key1=151168_l_EN;key2=151168_l;key3=-100_l_EN;key4=-100_l

look at the bottom left pic, the only conclusion i can think of is that its the travelers ship

what do you think?

Hmmm could be. Or it might be early concept art for the Aurora. Kinda looks like it.

s09119
July 3rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Nevermind. I just read the description (its under the SG-1 one by accident). It IS the Aurora.

Gate Geek
July 3rd, 2007, 06:06 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but here is a pix from Travelers that accompanied the "Carter Will Have Her Hands Full" article on the front page today....

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/GateGeek/travelres.jpg

Redhooks
July 3rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Don't know if this has been posted, but here is a pix from Travelers that accompanied the "Carter Will Have Her Hands Full" article on the front page today....

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/GateGeek/travelres.jpg
I just was re-watching the panel discussion video from last week and noticed David Hewlett make a comment about the "hot alien leather" after JM talked about the "look" of the Travelers. I wonder if he meant "hot" as in the leather made Jill Wagner look hot (my interpretation at first :D) or that the costumes of leather made the actors hot temperature-wise?

Xicer
July 3rd, 2007, 07:48 PM
Considering it's Dave we're talking about here, I think we can safely assume he meant the former.:D

Gate Geek
July 3rd, 2007, 08:22 PM
I just was re-watching the panel discussion video from last week and noticed David Hewlett make a comment about the "hot alien leather" after JM talked about the "look" of the Travelers. I wonder if he meant "hot" as in the leather made Jill Wagner look hot (my interpretation at first :D) or that the costumes of leather made the actors hot temperature-wise?

Well I'm not a guy, but the outfit JL is wearing looks...nice. Too bad we can't see more of Sheppy in this pix though. :p

Redhooks
July 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Well I'm not a guy, but the outfit JL is wearing looks...nice. Too bad we can't see more of Sheppy in this pix though. :p
JL? You mean JW right? See that mistake is obviously from you thinking about Sheppard in some leather outfit getting the crap beat out of him and not paying attention to what you are typing. :P
A fellow Shep Whumper of yours (Lorr I believe) made the exact same mistake a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:
Personally, I think it would be more realistic to have a costume more like the males have, but this is sci-fi and no matter what JM says about not gearing the show towards a specific demographic, the proof is on the screen, IMO.

Gate Geek
July 4th, 2007, 06:17 AM
JL? You mean JW right? See that mistake is obviously from you thinking about Sheppard in some leather outfit getting the crap beat out of him and not paying attention to what you are typing. :P
A fellow Shep Whumper of yours (Lorr I believe) made the exact same mistake a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:
Personally, I think it would be more realistic to have a costume more like the males have, but this is sci-fi and no matter what JM says about not gearing the show towards a specific demographic, the proof is on the screen, IMO.

Damn, I did screw up didn't I? Well yeah know...seeing Shep tied to that chair.....a girl's brian can go kinda fuzzy and all that. :o

Hey, my moma always said if ya got it, might as well flaunt it.....

scifi_lemon
July 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Damn, I did screw up didn't I? Well yeah know...seeing Shep tied to that chair.....a girl's brian can go kinda fuzzy and all that. :o

Hey, my moma always said if ya got it, might as well flaunt it.....

*snort* well it seems TBTP learned that very well......:P

Mitchell82
July 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM
*snort* well it seems TBTP learned that very well......:P

Yes yes tptb know us whumpers very well.

scifi_lemon
July 6th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Yes yes tptb know us whumpers very well.

Yup. I think TPTB are whumpers too. ;)

*Erika*
July 7th, 2007, 02:22 AM
Yup. I think TPTB are whumpers too. ;)
You simply have to watch all those whumpy Jack and Daniel episodes in SG1.

scifi_lemon
July 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
You simply have to watch all those whumpy Jack and Daniel episodes in SG1.

Hey! Don't forget all the Shep, Rodney, and Ronon whump SGA eps! ;)

ancient_lantean1
July 8th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Hey all. I read somewhere that the Traveller's were far ahead of the Atlantis Expedition and Earth overall technologically and just wanted your views on this. Thanks!

ACharmedAsgard
July 8th, 2007, 04:53 AM
I think it's quite good that we final come across a race technologically advanced and unaffected by the Wrath - but what I do feel abit disappointed about is the fact they become enemies. We already have the Wrath and Asurans as advanced enemies - we don't need another one.

ancient_lantean1
July 8th, 2007, 05:00 AM
They become our allies not our enemies, but they're a 'wildcard' and unpredictable so i think in Season 4 they wont agree with some decisions

ACharmedAsgard
July 8th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Where does it state they become Allies?

I read that they are the 'new enemy'.

ancient_lantean1
July 8th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Im not sure if they become Allies but it's most likely

Season Four of Stargate Atlantis is currently being filmed. The following includes casting spoilers for the fourth episode, “Travelers”, written by Paul Mullie and directed by William Waring.
Details

In the episode “Travelers”, Sheppard is captured by a group of people who live on a ship. At first these people went into space in order to avoid the Wraith, but after several generations, life onboard a ship defines them as a people. They scavenge the galaxy for advanced technology and have found an Ancient battleship similar to an Aurora class. Unfortunately, they don’t have a way to operate the ship because they lack the Ancient gene that Sheppard uses to interface with the technology. The Travelers had heard that there were humans operating the technology of the Ancestors and placed spy satellites near the orbiting Stargates of a few planets hoping to detect a Puddle Jumper coming through. Sheppard was piloting one when he was detected and attacked.

The leader of the Travelers is Larrin. She tells Sheppard about her people and threatens his life in order to get him to reactivate the battleship with his gene in order to perfect an interface adaptor that they are developing.

Casting for Larrin has been difficult, according to comments such as “This Larrin casting will be the death of me” made by Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog. It is possible that Larrin and other Travelers will have recurring appearances throughout the season, since Mallozzi has hinted that the group could prove to be a technologically advanced ally of which the Atlantis Expedition is in such dire need against the Wraith and Asurans. Mallozzi and director William Waring worked with LA casting agent Paul Weber in the search for the perfect actor among “interesting potential candidates.”

jenks
July 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM
They are neither as far as we know, they could go either way, Genii style...

ACharmedAsgard
July 8th, 2007, 05:09 AM
aha I see

jenks
July 8th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Casting for Larrin has been difficult, according to comments such as “This Larrin casting will be the death of me” made by Joseph Mallozzi in his personal blog. It is possible that Larrin and other Travelers will have recurring appearances throughout the season, since Mallozzi has hinted that the group could prove to be a technologically advanced ally of which the Atlantis Expedition is in such dire need against the Wraith and Asurans. Mallozzi and director William Waring worked with LA casting agent Paul Weber in the search for the perfect actor among “interesting potential candidates.”

Exactly.

ancient_lantean1
July 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Well i hope they're our allies!:P

ShadowMaat
July 8th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Hey all. I read somewhere that the Traveller's were far ahead of the Atlantis Expedition and Earth overall technologically and just wanted your views on this. Thanks!

If you're truly interested you could try skimming through the 53 pages in the Travellers Pre airing Discussion/Speculation thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41395) over in the Atlantis S4 folder.

It also contains spoiler warnings in the thread title so that the unwary don't find plot points ruined for them.

Mitchell82
July 8th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Hey! Don't forget all the Shep, Rodney, and Ronon whump SGA eps! ;)
Indeed can't forget that!

Ripple in Space
July 8th, 2007, 05:35 PM
What is the implication of the traveler's level of tech?

Based on the timeline alone (and that they're interstellar) I'd guess that they're:
Aschen/Tollan < Travelers < Nox/Asgard < Ancients

But don't they have to be uber-advanced to go toe-to-toe with Atlantis? Atlantis itself has the greatest defenses we've ever seen in Stargate (drones + Ancient shields + up to 2 BC-304s). And even without the Ancient tech, Tau'ri Mk. 9's can destroy the strongest elements in the known universe.

Scientifically it might be: Tau'ri <<< Aschen/Tollan << Asgard/Nox << Ancients, but as far as military tech goes, it's Aschen/Tollan << Tau'ri < Asgard/Nox < Ancients. Remember, the Atlantis expedition possess key military tech centuries ahead of their sciences.

I can't imagine they'll put the Travelers on 2007 Asgard level, but how far below them could the be if they're a threat?

Redhooks
July 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
What is the implication of the traveler's level of tech?

Based on the timeline alone (and that they're interstellar) I'd guess that they're:
Aschen/Tollan < Travelers < Nox/Asgard < Ancients

But don't they have to be uber-advanced to go toe-to-toe with Atlantis? Atlantis itself has the greatest defenses we've ever seen in Stargate (drones + Ancient shields + up to 2 BC-304s). And even without the Ancient tech, Tau'ri Mk. 9's can destroy the strongest elements in the known universe.

Scientifically it might be: Tau'ri <<< Aschen/Tollan << Asgard/Nox << Ancients, but as far as military tech goes, it's Aschen/Tollan << Tau'ri < Asgard/Nox < Ancients. Remember, the Atlantis expedition possess key military tech centuries ahead of their sciences.

I can't imagine they'll put the Travelers on 2007 Asgard level, but how far below them could the be if they're a threat?
The Travelers will have about the same or slightly higher level of tech as Earth did before all the Asgard stuff, IMO. I think TPTB have called them a powerful race when they are compared to any other humans in the Pegasus Galaxy not because they are more powerful than us. They have been scavenging all the Wraith-culled worlds for a number of generations, exactly how many who knows, yet? They have access to some tech of the Ancients (or Ancestors), but have not been able to activate some of it due to the lack of the ATA gene which is why they want Sheppard.

scifi_lemon
July 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM
The Travelers will have about the same or slightly higher level of tech as Earth did before all the Asgard stuff, IMO. I think TPTB have called them a powerful race when they are compared to any other humans in the Pegasus Galaxy not because they are more powerful than us. They have been scavenging all the Wraith-culled worlds for a number of generations, exactly how many who knows, yet? They have access to some tech of the Ancients (or Ancestors), but have not been able to activate some of it due to the lack of the ATA gene which is why they want Sheppard.

From what I've gathered, they're at the Genii level of technology but they're on an Lantean warship. That's they're only real technical advanced meant from what I've read. I could be wrong *shrug*

veX
July 9th, 2007, 03:22 AM
The fourth season of Atlantis will feature a new alien race with technology far beyond that of the expedition[...]

and

Outside of making babies, the Atlantis expedition is going to make contact with its first race that is actually far more technologically advanced than just about every other culture they have faced. Because cultures in the galaxy tend to not advance very far society-wise because of cullings by the Wraith, cultures that are more advanced than those manning Atlantis have been few and far between.

However, the Travelers, as they are called, are expected to make an appearance early in the fourth season ("Travelers").

One of the things that Atlantis kind of lacked that [Stargate SG-1] had were technologically advanced races," said executive producer Joseph Mallozzi. "We created this race called the Travelers. They are nomads, traveling on ships and establishing a civilization. They are very rustic, and have a very cool look."[...]

:)

Alipeeps
July 9th, 2007, 04:15 AM
From what I've gathered, they're at the Genii level of technology but they're on an Lantean warship. That's they're only real technical advanced meant from what I've read. I could be wrong *shrug*

They're not on a Lantean warship - they have a Lantean warship. They live on a generational ship and have done for generations ;) and they also have a Lantean warship that they have found/salvaged from somewhere. From what we've heard so far they do seem to be fairly technologically advanced (at least on a level with the Atlantis expedition as they have built satellites to watch for the Atlantis team and are able to somehow (we don't know how yet) capture Sheppard and his jumper and they have knowledge of genetics as they take his blood to use in their efforts to create an interface with Lantean technology) but their technology is scavanged and mis-matched.

Redhooks
July 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
The fourth season of Atlantis will feature a new alien race with technology far beyond that of the expedition[...]
That quote is an interpretation of the writer of the article and not something said by JM or PM. They have only said "technologically advanced race."

Pegasus_SGA
July 9th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I do wonder where they've gotten hold of the lantean technology though, and what sort it is to need Shep's ATA gene to access the components. I wonder if the sharing of the lantean technology is what's used as barter to rescue Sheppard?

Redhooks
July 9th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I do wonder where they've gotten hold of the lantean technology though, and what sort it is to need Shep's ATA gene to access the components. I wonder if the sharing of the lantean technology is what's used as barter to rescue Sheppard?
We will probably find out, but they could have gone to worlds that don't have a Stargate or it has been destroyed or buried. Maybe some Ancient outpost that destroyed or disabled the Stargate to prevent the Wraith from finding their world. The inhabitants may have died out for some other reason and left behind some Ancient Tech which the Travelers just stumbled across in their scavenging.

As far as bartering for Sheppard's release, I would say no just because Carter is not in this episode and I think she would have to be to make that kind of decision. Just my opinion.

Pegasus_SGA
July 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
We will probably find out, but they could have gone to worlds that don't have a Stargate or it has been destroyed or buried. Maybe some Ancient outpost that destroyed or disabled the Stargate to prevent the Wraith from finding their world. The inhabitants may have died out for some other reason and left behind some Ancient Tech which the Travelers just stumbled across in their scavenging.

As far as bartering for Sheppard's release, I would say no just because Carter is not in this episode and I think she would have to be to make that kind of decision. Just my opinion.

I'm hoping that Shep doesn't rescue himself this time, and with no apparent Asgard technology to beam him out, I wonder how he's going to get off the ship, or even if he's capable given that he's gonna get a good whupping. :D I wonder what sort of deal Shep sets up to get realeased or do you think that he's going to be able to escape on his own?

Redhooks
July 9th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I'm hoping that Shep doesn't rescue himself this time, and with no apparent Asgard technology to beam him out, I wonder how he's going to get off the ship, or even if he's capable given that he's gonna get a good whupping. :D I wonder what sort of deal Shep sets up to get realeased or do you think that he's going to be able to escape on his own? Sheppard just has to admit Larrin is the hottest woman he has seen! :D
I have a time machine and have seen this episode. It is going to knock the socks off people with the great dialogue like I quoted in my sig. ;)
Actually, I think Sheppard and Larrin come to an understanding and an uneasy alliance. Sheppard gets released at the end of the episode and when he tells McKay about in in the last scene of the ep., McKay just rolls his eyes and makes a snarky comment like, "Not again. Why is he always the lucky one with the alien babes." Then the screen fades to black and the credits start. :lol:

Pegasus_SGA
July 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Sheppard just has to admit Larrin is the hottest woman he has seen! :D
I have a time machine and have seen this episode. It is going to knock the socks off people with the great dialogue like I quoted in my sig. ;)
Actually, I think Sheppard and Larrin come to an understanding and an uneasy alliance. Sheppard gets released at the end of the episode and when he tells McKay about in in the last scene of the ep., McKay just rolls his eyes and makes a snarky comment like, "Not again. Why is he always the lucky one with the alien babes." Then the screen fades to black and the credits start. :lol:

:lol: I was gonna say great sig :D hehehe. You have a time machine and you never invited me? :eek: :( Ah hon... how could you! *iz shocked and appalled*

I agree the dialogue is gonna be great..

*cough*

For those with no sense of humour, please don't read the spoiler. :P

Shep: (to Larrin) You know, i've got quite a way with the ladies. Every woman I meet falls head over heals in love with me.
Larrin: Really? Me to.

*giggles* Okay that was a bit crap, but I just had to poke fun :D

Redhooks
July 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM
:lol: I was gonna say great sig :D hehehe. You have a time machine and you never invited me? :eek: :( Ah hon... how could you! *iz shocked and appalled*

I agree the dialogue is gonna be great..

*cough*

For those with no sense of humour, please don't read the spoiler. :P

Shep: (to Larrin) You know, i've got quite a way with the ladies. Every woman I meet falls head over heals in love with me.
Larrin: Really? Me to.

*giggles* Okay that was a bit crap, but I just had to poke fun :D
I have a sense of humor (the American spelling ;)) and I tried to green you but I have to spread it around. :( Here is some mental GREEN.

Pegasus_SGA
July 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Akunamatata :D Just one thing, never mention 'spreading it around' people will think you're a floozy ;) :P :D

I'm going to bed now, my minds heading into gutter level :lol:

*hugs*

scifi_lemon
July 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM

ITA. It's very probable.

Wah??? You have a time machine and didn't take any of us??? *lip quivers* How could you?!? *cries*

;)

Ripple in Space
July 12th, 2007, 07:13 AM
But wouldn't they have to be more advanced than even the Aschen to pose a threat to Atlantis?

Defensively, Atlantis itself is second only to (maybe) the Nox. It would take even the Wraith or Asurans hours to days to even get the shield down. Not to mention the high compliment of drones & rail guns.....

Don't forget the fact that the Odyssey is a one ship War Machine that would be more than a match for entire fleets of most any ships (aside from Auroras or a CityShip).

Alipeeps
July 12th, 2007, 07:52 AM
But wouldn't they have to be more advanced than even the Aschen to pose a threat to Atlantis?

Defensively, Atlantis itself is second only to (maybe) the Nox. It would take even the Wraith or Asurans hours to days to even get the shield down. Not to mention the high compliment of drones & rail guns.....

Don't forget the fact that the Odyssey is a one ship War Machine that would be more than a match for entire fleets of most any ships (aside from Auroras or a CityShip).

The Genii have posed a pretty decent threat to Atlantis - and the members of the expedition - on a few occasions, despite being considerably less advanced than us.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 05:44 PM
The Genii have posed a pretty decent threat to Atlantis - and the members of the expedition - on a few occasions, despite being considerably less advanced than us.

ITA. Technologically advanced doesn't equal threat. Look at the Tollan or the convicts on that one planet in Condemned. One was WAY more advanced then us but didn't want anything to do with us and the cons were primitive but stillmanaged to do some damage.

sherryw
July 13th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Is it September yet?

Redhooks
July 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Is it September yet?
This episode will air in October, but who cares?!?!?

I have already seen it thanks to my handy dandy time machine and I have to say it ROCKS!!!! :D Unfortunately, my time machine will only go four months ahead and I can't find any Lotteries that have had a big enough jackpot yet to bother with. :P

Gate Geek
July 14th, 2007, 04:52 AM

I have already seen it thanks to my handy dandy time machine and I have to say it ROCKS!!!! :D Unfortunately, my time machine will only go four months ahead and I can't find any Lotteries that have had a big enough jackpot yet to bother with. :P

October is a good month for me. Family vacation is in September and my vacation is in November.

sherryw
July 14th, 2007, 07:00 PM

I'm just excited that the new season is starting in September as well as the DVD's are coming out, but I'm dying for October.

Can I borrow your time machine? Please!!!!

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2007, 09:21 PM
ITA. It's very probable.
Very. This is indeed one of the eps i'm really looking forward to.

Wah??? You have a time machine and didn't take any of us??? *lip quivers* How could you?!? *cries*

;)

:jack_new_anime05: How dare you!:tealcanime22:

Gate Geek
July 15th, 2007, 05:10 AM

since you didn't bother to take any of us with you...the least you could do is throw a spoiler or two our way. Preferably ones of the Sheppy whump kind. :D :D

sherryw
July 15th, 2007, 06:21 AM
since you didn't bother to take any of us with you...the least you could do is throw a spoiler or two our way. Preferably ones of the Sheppy whump kind. :D :D

Yea what she said. :D

Lightbane
July 15th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I would say from what we have seen of the Travellers generation ship is that they WERE of Earth tech level when they abandonded their home planet to escape the Wraith but have scavanged damaged and abandonded vessels just floating in space.

They probably did find the Aurora class ship in an Anicent hangar on a planet with either a buried gate or a planet without a gate. Same as on Teranas (i think that is what the planet was called) when they found the Orion.

But i don't think the Travellers would be handing over the warship at anytime in the future they just want to get it working so they can defend themselves against the wraith if they ever need it. But i do think they will lend a hand with their warship if the Atlantis team can get the ship working.

They won't have to rush the repairs like they did with the Orion so hopefully it won't just fail and get blown up by a hive ship because the shields refuse to work.

And seeing as they have scavanged wraith tech as well as miscelanous ancient tech lying scattered around their scientists and engineers would most likely have a good understanding on how ancient tech should work. So after Sheppard has activated the ships primary functions they'd probably be able to get it working.

But lets not forget like the Wraith Hives and Ori Motherships the ships hyperdrive, weapons and shield systems are controlled by the ancient gene so the pilot needs to have the gene to be able to operate it.

But i would think as a friendly gesture of a hopeful future partership with the Travellers i would think that Atlantis would prepare the gene therapy for their people so they are able to operate everything they have that needs the gene

Redhooks
July 15th, 2007, 11:07 AM

Yea what she said. :D
I can keep secrets/spoilers better than JM can. You will get nothing out of me!! :rolleyes: :P:sheppard28:

Actually the bit about a time machine was a little exaggerated, it was really all in a dream that I had. Sorry. :o:o :P

Mitchell82
July 15th, 2007, 11:13 AM
I can keep secrets/spoilers better than JM can. You will get nothing out of me!! :rolleyes: :P:sheppard28:

Actually the bit about a time machine was a little exaggerated, it was really all in a dream that I had. Sorry. :o:o :P

*speaks in Anubis voice* You lie! Prepare to divulge all your secrets! *Brings out goa'uld torture stick*:anubis::samanime27::samanime20:

sherryw
July 15th, 2007, 06:34 PM

Exaggerated....exaggerated I just don't know what to say. No time machine....well carp (and that was an intentional misspelling for those of you non-whumpers)http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/sherryw_album/Smilies/shep_cry3.gif

*speaks in Anubis voice* You lie! Prepare to divulge all your secrets! *Brings out goa'uld torture stick*:anubis::samanime27::samanime20:

:lol:

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM

*in deep, omnious voice* Oh, we have ways of making you talk...:mckayanime17:

What?! You mean you really don't have a time machine? *gasps*

[/sarcasm] ;)

Redhooks
July 18th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Here is an interview with Jill Wagner about SGA and Travelers:
http://www.gateship-one.net/interview_16.html

Sheppard's Delight
July 18th, 2007, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the link!:)

Gate Geek
July 19th, 2007, 04:10 AM

Thank you for the link.

Damn, this eppy is sounding even more exciting. The wait is gonna kill me.

Xicer
July 19th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Wow, all I can say is that JF is one lucky man.:eek::o

PG15
July 19th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Uh...is there an English version, by any chance?

Redhooks
July 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
I thought I had linked it to the English version??:S Sorry! :o Look at the upper right-hand corner for the link to the English version.

PG15
July 19th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks!

Veeeery interesting...

scifi_lemon
July 19th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Or can someone give us the gist of it?

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! 1000 POSTS BABY!!!

Gate Geek
July 19th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Congrats Scifi On 1000 Posts!!!

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Or can someone give us the gist of it?

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! 1000 POSTS BABY!!!

Click on the link and at the top right side of the interview it says English version. Click that.

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, all I can say is that JF is one lucky man.:eek::o

Indeed. Very lucky.

scifi_lemon
July 20th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Click on the link and at the top right side of the interview it says English version. Click that.

Sweet. Thanks!

Redhooks
July 20th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I thought I had linked it to the English version??:S Sorry! :o Look at the upper right-hand corner for the link to the English version.

:S????? I already posted about the English version link????? :S
See quote above.

scifi_lemon
July 20th, 2007, 03:15 PM
See quote above.

Oh. Oops. Didn't see it. :o

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2007, 08:39 AM
See quote above.
oops. My bad didn't see it.:danielanime05:

Gate Geek
July 22nd, 2007, 05:26 PM
Oh. Oops. Didn't see it. :o

oops. My bad didn't see it.:danielanime05:

Things like that are easy to miss when Shep whump is on the brain. Well, that's the excuse I use anyways. :lol:

scifi_lemon
July 23rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
Things like that are easy to miss when Shep whump is on the brain. Well, that's the excuse I use anyways. :lol:

That's a great excuse. I'll have to remember that. :P

Mitchell82
July 23rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
That's a great excuse. I'll have to remember that. :P

It is a great one but mine is lack of sleep. *grunts loudly about the pain of overworking*

scifi_lemon
July 23rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
It is a great one but mine is lack of sleep. *grunts loudly about the pain of overworking*

LOL! Poor you! Here's some Sheyla to cheer you up.

http://i18.tinypic.com/6f953cz.gif http://i9.tinypic.com/646921l.gif

Now, go watch some SGA eps! ;)

sherryw
July 24th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Hi everyone, just thought that I'd let you know that I saw the new SGA promo today and I believe it's going to air again tonight, but they had a scene between Shep and Larrin. So you may want to tune in tonight. It looked very good.

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2007, 12:24 PM
LOL! Poor you! Here's some Sheyla to cheer you up.

http://i18.tinypic.com/6f953cz.gif http://i9.tinypic.com/646921l.gif

Now, go watch some SGA eps! ;)

Not yet. I just started watching SG-1 again, in the middle of CotG right now. I'm funny this way but I prefer watching the gates in order.

scifi_lemon
July 24th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone, just thought that I'd let you know that I saw the new SGA promo today and I believe it's going to air again tonight, but they had a scene between Shep and Larrin. So you may want to tune in tonight. It looked very good.

Really? Sweet! Was it during Eureka or something else?

Not yet. I just started watching SG-1 again, in the middle of CotG right now. I'm funny this way but I prefer watching the gates in order.

I do the same thing. ;)

I forget, has MGM released a complete set of S1-10 of SG1?

Alipeeps
July 24th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Really? Sweet! Was it during Eureka or something else?

Apparently it aired earlier today during Dark Angel... we're hoping it will air again during Eureka as they aired an SGA promo during Eureka last week... and JM has confirmed that SciFi's plan is to show several similar "one scene" type promos in the run up to Season 4.

*tries to hold in the squeee*

*fails*

*flails madly* :D

scifi_lemon
July 24th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Apparently it aired earlier today during Dark Angel... we're hoping it will air again during Eureka as they aired an SGA promo during Eureka last week... and JM has confirmed that SciFi's plan is to show several similar "one scene" type promos in the run up to Season 4.

*tries to hold in the squeee*

*fails*

*flails madly* :D

Dark Angel? I wish they would have told us. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be on during Eureka.

Do you think they'll show one little tidbit a week until S4 airs? That'd be sweet. Better than all at once maybe, because that way we have something to look forward to every week. :)

Redhooks
July 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Hopefully it'll be on during Eureka.
Do you think they'll show one little tidbit a week until S4 airs? That'd be sweet. Better than all at once maybe, because that way we have something to look forward to every week. :)
And Sci-Fi hopes you watch and just might start liking Eureka!!! :rolleyes:
I hope some of the vidcaps of the clip come out pretty clear so I can update my sig!!! :D

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I do the same thing. ;)
Glad I'm not the only one.

I forget, has MGM released a complete set of S1-10 of SG1?

Season 10 was released today and a complete set will be released in october.

sherryw
July 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Well curses they didn't show it tonight at least during Eureka. I do hope someone got it somewhere. I have to say I was very surprised when it popped up in the middle of the afternoon. I was expecting it to air again tonight. Oh well. Sorry everyone. :(

scifi_lemon
July 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Glad I'm not the only one.

Season 10 was released today and a complete set will be released in october.

Don't worry M82, you're in like company ;)

Yay for complete set! I'm glad that I don't own any of the SG1 DVDs now :)

Well curses they didn't show it tonight at least during Eureka. I do hope someone got it somewhere. I have to say I was very surprised when it popped up in the middle of the afternoon. I was expecting it to air again tonight. Oh well. Sorry everyone. :(

Awww....stupid Skiffy for not telling us it wasn't airing during Eureka. Oh well. Hey, isn't this Eureka the one with DN guest staring?

sherryw
July 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Don't worry M82, you're in like company ;)

Yay for complete set! I'm glad that I don't own any of the SG1 DVDs now :)

Awww....stupid Skiffy for not telling us it wasn't airing during Eureka. Oh well. Hey, isn't this Eureka the one with DN guest staring?

Yep DN was in it today.

scifi_lemon
July 24th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Yep DN was in it today.

Well... that *almost* makes up for the lack of S4 previews.

Hey, did anyone ever get that clip on the web? The one that aired during Dark Angel?

sherryw
July 24th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Well... that *almost* makes up for the lack of S4 previews.

Hey, did anyone ever get that clip on the web? The one that aired during Dark Angel?

I've been looking for it, but haven't found it. Did anyone else get to see it?

Redhooks
July 24th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I've been looking for it, but haven't found it. Did anyone else get to see it?
No! I wasted my time hoping it would be shown during Painkiller Jane or the repeat of Eureka, but nothing.

sherryw
July 25th, 2007, 06:29 AM
No! I wasted my time hoping it would be shown during Painkiller Jane or the repeat of Eureka, but nothing.

I wish SciFi would have a schedule of when they are airing the promos. I really can't believe that they didn't promo SGA in the evening. Sorry Redhooks!!!

Redhooks
July 25th, 2007, 09:49 AM
And Sci-Fi hopes you watch and just might start liking Eureka!!! :rolleyes:

I wish SciFi would have a schedule of when they are airing the promos. I really can't believe that they didn't promo SGA in the evening. Sorry Redhooks!!!
Why are you apologizing??? I'm glad you had the info you did!!!! As for Sci-Fi :mckayanime07:

Sci-Fi won't tell you when it will be on because as I said earlier, they want people to watch their other shows so that they may get hooked on them. They showed a lot of promos for other Sci-Fi shows, but not SGA. It figures that the one promo I wanted to see, I don't. :(

sherryw
July 25th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Why are you apologizing??? I'm glad you had the info you did!!!! As for Sci-Fi :mckayanime07:

Sci-Fi won't tell you when it will be on because as I said earlier, they want people to watch their other shows so that they may get hooked on them. They showed a lot of promos for other Sci-Fi shows, but not SGA. It figures that the one promo I wanted to see, I don't. :(

Do you have an extra hammer?

Alipeeps
July 26th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

the very wonderful IWantToBelieve actually managed to record the elusive Travelers "sneak peak" promo ad last night and has posted it up at Photobucket - view it here (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/IWantToBelieve2/DVD%20extras%20caps/?action=view&current=170b5490.flv).

*bounces*

Ltcolshepjumper
July 26th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Link doesn't work.

IWantToBelieve
July 26th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Try this link:

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/IWantToBelieve2/DVD%20extras%20caps/?action=view&current=170b5490.flv

Alipeeps
July 26th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Link doesn't work.

Sorry - fixed it. Should work now. :)

*Erika*
July 26th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Linzi
July 26th, 2007, 05:39 AM
Try this link:

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/IWantToBelieve2/DVD%20extras%20caps/?action=view&current=170b5490.flv
Woo hoo! Thanks, IWTB. What would we do without you? :)

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, indeed! :)

sherryw
July 26th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Now everyone won't think I imagined it.....:D Just joking.

*Erika*
July 26th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Now everyone won't think I imagined it.....:D Just joking.
:lol: I was beggining to doubt you :P

IWantToBelieve
July 26th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Woo hoo! Thanks, IWTB. What would we do without you? :)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, indeed! :)

Oh, find some other equally addicted sap? :)

Ltcolshepjumper
July 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Try this link:

Thanks.

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Do you have an extra hammer?

Give me one too! As to this ep it definatly is one I can't wait for.

Gate Geek
July 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Ah.....the sweet elusive ad. They really are promoting this eppy aren't they?

Redhooks
July 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Ah.....the sweet elusive ad. They really are promoting this eppy aren't they?
Either that or TPTB think it is an important episode that they can show little clips here and there without giving the whole plot away.

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Either that or TPTB think it is an important episode that they can show little clips here and there without giving the whole plot away.

They just love to toy with us.

Gate Geek
July 26th, 2007, 06:56 PM

They just love to toy with us.

Well all I can say is that this better not be like many of those movie trailers - all the good bits in the few seconds of their ads..and the rest of the movie is utter crap. Not that anything with Shep would be crap, but, ya all know what I mean. Right?

Redhooks
July 26th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Well all I can say is that this better not be like many of those movie trailers - all the good bits in the few seconds of their ads..and the rest of the movie is utter crap. Not that anything with Shep would be crap, but, ya all know what I mean. Right?
I'm wondering if there will be much CGI in this episode besides the beginning PJ shots, the Travelers ship, and the Ancient warship they have?
Funny thing about the promo clip is that I hear a little of Jill Wagner's North Carolina accent in it especially when she says "move" and "reckless." I don't know if anyone else thinks so or is just because I have heard her speak a lot? It sounds different than her Mercury car commercials and more like when she was on Blade.

Linzi
July 27th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Oh, find some other equally addicted sap? :)

I'm wondering if there will be much CGI in this episode besides the beginning PJ shots, the Travelers ship, and the Ancient warship they have?
Funny thing about the promo clip is that I hear a little of Jill Wagner's North Carolina accent in it especially when she says "move" and "reckless." I don't know if anyone else thinks so or is just because I have heard her speak a lot? It sounds different than her Mercury car commercials and more like when she was on Blade.

I think there will be a fair amoung of CGI and action shots personally. That's just a feeling though.

To be honest, I don't know what a North Carolina accent sounds like, so I can't be of any help! :o

Redhooks
July 27th, 2007, 09:03 AM
To be honest, I don't know what a North Carolina accent sounds like, so I can't be of any help! :o
They don't have that in the UK, eh? Lots of other kinds of regional accents though from what I have heard. ;)
I spent three months at co-op job in an Auto plant in Asheville, NC during the summer 11 years ago so I got used to the "North Carolina" accent. :)

Here is a podcast interview done last year with three cast members of Blade including Jill Wagner. You can hear her accent on it and her part of the interview is in the 36 to 53 minute marks.
http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodedetail.asp?episodeid=242

Linzi
July 27th, 2007, 09:13 AM
They don't have that in the UK, eh? Lots of other kinds of regional accents though from what I have heard. ;)
I spent three months at co-op job in an Auto plant in Asheville, NC during the summer 11 years ago so I got used to the "North Carolina" accent. :)

Here is a podcast interview done last year with three cast members of Blade including Jill Wagner. You can hear her accent on it and her part of the interview is in the 36 to 53 minute marks.
http://www.comicgeekspeak.com/episodedetail.asp?episodeid=242
Hmmmm, sounds similar to the Floridian accent? So a soft southern accent? JW has a nice voice! :)

Elinor
July 28th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

the very wonderful IWantToBelieve actually managed to record the elusive Travelers "sneak peak" promo ad last night and has posted it up at Photobucket - view it here (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/IWantToBelieve2/DVD%20extras%20caps/?action=view&current=170b5490.flv).

*bounces*

Woohoo! Thanks IWTB and Ali!

jillynn1975
July 30th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Woohoo! Thanks IWTB and Ali!

My laptop sound is not good. Does anyone have a transcript of the Travelers promo. I soooo can't wait for this episode!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Jill

Redhooks
July 30th, 2007, 08:41 PM
My laptop sound is not good. Does anyone have a transcript of the Travelers promo. I soooo can't wait for this episode!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Jill
Yep! This is from the Pre-season Trailers and Promos thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6936694&postcount=203

Mitchell82
July 31st, 2007, 09:00 PM

You mean like the FF2 trailer looking great but the movie stunk worse than bantha poodoo? They better not do that.

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
You mean like the FF2 trailer looking great but the movie stunk worse than bantha poodoo? They better not do that.

From the clips so far, I don't think that'll happen. So far, they seem pretty vague.

Redhooks
July 31st, 2007, 10:31 PM
Well I see that people who were at the SGA Comic Con panel have said that "Travelers" was heavily featured in the extended trailer shown during the panel. You can look thru the Comic Con thread in the Stargate Fandom folder or visit prion's LJ page for links.

I hope the rest of us get to see it before Sept. 28th. Maybe Sci-Fi will give SGA heavy promotion a week or two prior to the premiere and show this trailer at some point. 87 days until this episode airs!!!

scifi_lemon
August 1st, 2007, 01:49 PM
Well I see that people who were at the SGA Comic Con panel have said that "Travelers" was heavily featured in the extended trailer shown during the panel. You can look thru the Comic Con thread in the Stargate Fandom folder or visit prion's LJ page for links.

I hope the rest of us get to see it before Sept. 28th. Maybe Sci-Fi will give SGA heavy promotion a week or two prior to the premiere and show this trailer at some point. 87 days until this episode airs!!!

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Xicer
August 2nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Update!

Watched the Day 2 Mix of Travelers yesterday. Great episode (Hey, Sheppard bruised and bloodied - what’s not to like?), and tremendous work on the part of Joel Goldsmith who produced a terrific score.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-2-2007.html

Haha, you Shep whumpers are just gonna love this ep.

Alipeeps
August 2nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Update!

Wheeeeeeeee!! You beat me to posting the news! :D

Watched the Day 2 Mix of Travelers yesterday. Great episode (Hey, Sheppard bruised and bloodied - what’s not to like?)

Are you ready? One... two... three....

SQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! :D :D

Gate Geek
August 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Update!

HOLY CARP!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sherryw
August 2nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Update!

The whumper thread is definitely hopping tonight. http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/sherryw_album/Smilies/insolite_95-1.gif

Thanks for posting that. :D

Redhooks
August 2nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
No offense to the Shep Whumpers but Joe sure knows how to play (as in like a musical instrument) your group to get that squee sound going!! :D:D He must like the sound of it! First, info on Doppelganger and now this. I sure hope Larrin does some of the whumping and just not her henchmen.

Mitchell82
August 2nd, 2007, 08:24 PM
From the clips so far, I don't think that'll happen. So far, they seem pretty vague.

I don't think it will happen either season 4 looks great.

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM
Update!

SQUEEEEE!!!!! Yayness!! :P

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
No offense to the Shep Whumpers but Joe sure knows how to play (as in like a musical instrument) your group to get that squee sound going!! :D:D He must like the sound of it! First, info on Doppelganger and now this. I sure hope Larrin does some of the whumping and just not her henchmen.

LOL! JM must like the sound of "SQUEEEE!" :P

Larrin seems to be the type of person to do a bit of the work herself. But then again, who knows.

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
I don't think it will happen either season 4 looks great.

ITA. Can't wait to see S4!

sherryw
August 2nd, 2007, 09:45 PM

I really think Joe is a closet whumper :D

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 09:52 PM
I really think Joe is a closet whumper :D

LOL! Well he must, he always talks up any Shep whump in the eps! ;)

Linzi
August 2nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Update!

Woo hoo! I can't say anymore right now, as I don't want to embarrass myself anymore than usual...;)

sherryw
August 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
Woo hoo! I can't say anymore right now, as I don't want to embarrass myself anymore than usual...;)

Linzi since when have you worried about that. :D ;)

Gate Geek
August 3rd, 2007, 06:48 AM

Oh pleaze........have you seen yourself in the whump thread lately? :lol:

Let me just add....

SQUEEE!!!!!! Travelers is gonna be GREAT! S4 is just gonna be GREAT!

*Erika*
August 3rd, 2007, 07:00 AM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Alipeeps
August 3rd, 2007, 07:05 AM
Umm.... errr......

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! :D :D

Gate Geek
August 3rd, 2007, 07:09 AM
:lol: funny how one little word can convey sooooo much.....

SQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Linzi
August 3rd, 2007, 09:32 AM
Linzi since when have you worried about that. :D ;)

Oh pleaze........have you seen yourself in the whump thread lately? :lol:

Let me just add....

SQUEEE!!!!!! Travelers is gonna be GREAT! S4 is just gonna be GREAT!

Ladies, I don't know what you mean ;)

S Q U E E E E E E!!!!!

Killdeer
August 3rd, 2007, 09:34 AM

scifi_lemon
August 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Where's all this squee-ing coming from? Oh. It's the whumpers. ;)

SQUUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!

hehe. :P

Listy
August 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Update!

Oh that is just so very very Squeeee!!!! I am bursting with happiness, JM really does know how to make the Whumpers' day.

Sheppard's Delight
August 3rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Whumped Shep squeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sherryw
August 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Where's all this squee-ing coming from? Oh. It's the whumpers. ;)

SQUUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!

hehe. :P

Now that's the spirit scifi. :lol:

scifi_lemon
August 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Now that's the spirit scifi. :lol:

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much. ;)

Gate Geek
August 7th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Just checking in to say I'm still full of SQUEEE!!!! for this episode!!! *sigh* Is it airing soon?

Redhooks
August 7th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Just checking in to say I'm still full of SQUEEE!!!! for this episode!!! *sigh* Is it airing soon?
If the airing order remains unchanged and this is shown on October 26, then there are:

80 DAYS!!!
until this episode airs. :D

Gate Geek
August 7th, 2007, 01:54 PM
If the airing order remains unchanged and this is shown on October 26, then there are:

80 DAYS!!!
until this episode airs. :D

*iz dead* from having to wait so long...............

Redhooks
August 7th, 2007, 02:00 PM
*iz dead* from having to wait so long...............
This info should make you feel better. If Sci-Fi hadn't changed the season premiere from mid-July, we would be seeing this ep this or next Friday. Now doesn't that make you feel better? [/sarcasm]

Gate Geek
August 7th, 2007, 02:53 PM
This info should make you feel better. If Sci-Fi hadn't changed the season premiere from mid-July, we would be seeing this ep this or next Friday. Now doesn't that make you feel better? [/sarcasm]

I hate you for bringing me this news. :p :p :lol:

Redhooks
August 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Mission accomplished. :P
OT Rant:
I just read the interview with Martin Gero on the GW home page and I wonder why they are publishing this now, a full four months after the interview??? Are they just try to spread it out until season 4 starts? It seems stupid to me, because about a 1/3 of the interview is out of date and why even bother listing questions that have already been answered???

sherryw
August 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM
OT Rant:
I just read the interview with Martin Gero on the GW home page and I wonder why they are publishing this now, a full four months after the interview??? Are they just try to spread it out until season 4 starts? It seems stupid to me, because about a 1/3 of the interview is out of date and why even bother listing questions that have already been answered???

ITA Redhooks. I was thinking the same thing.

Redhooks
August 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM

OT Rant:

ITA Redhooks. I was thinking the same thing.
Which point did you agree with, the teasing of Gate Geek or the OT rant? :D :P

sherryw
August 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Which point did you agree with, the teasing of Gate Geek or the OT rant? :D :P

Hmmm....let me think. :D Just joking the OT rant.

Redhooks
August 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hmmm....let me think. :D Just joking the OT rant.
I figured the Shep Whumpers stayed together and united against posters outside the whump thread. :P

OT:
I made a thread in the GateWorld Features folder about the "timelyness" of the posting of interviews and am waiting to get redded by the GW PTB. :D

Alipeeps
August 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
OT Rant:

Tbh... I don't know why they do it this way but they ALWAYS do it this way. Every interview GW posts is several months old, and most of the info out of date, by the time they post it. I know Darren is very busy etc and maybe there are good reasons of which we are not aware... but it does seem rather pointless to post "exclusive" interviews which are hopelessly outdated and provide no new info... :S

Linzi
August 8th, 2007, 12:20 AM
You big meanie! :lol:

OT Rant:

Darren has been asked this before, and I think it's that he's so busy, and it takes ages to transcribe audio interviews. I believe that's what he said. :)

Alipeeps
August 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM

Darren has been asked this before, and I think it's that he's so busy, and it takes ages to transcribe audio interviews. I believe that's what he said. :)

Well heck, if that's the only issue, I'd volunteer to do it for him! Am a pretty decent audiotypist when I need to be...

Redhooks
August 8th, 2007, 01:51 AM
You know what the worst part of it is that after I wrote the point about we should be seeing it this Friday (or next,) it sort of rattled in my brain for a while and actually got me upset that this episode is more than 11 weeks away (being at work today with a lot of things out of my control go wrong didn't help.) Then I saw the Marty G. interview and I thought I was back in March! :(

I should have waited to post until I was in a better mood because this site is really well done and I forget it is a fan-run site. I remember transcribing that 16 sec Travelers promo and how long it took me. It just hit me the wrong way and they should have just released the audio portion. Also, being the first year on this site, I wasn't used to the delayed interviews.

Linzi
August 8th, 2007, 02:29 AM
You know what the worst part of it is that after I wrote the point about we should be seeing it this Friday (or next,) it sort of rattled in my brain for a while and actually got me upset that this episode is more than 11 weeks away (being at work today with a lot of things out of my control go wrong didn't help.) Then I saw the Marty G. interview and I thought I was back in March! :(

I should have waited to post until I was in a better mood because this site is really well done and I forget it is a fan-run site. I remember transcribing that 16 sec Travelers promo and how long it took me. I just hit me the wrong way and they should have just released the audio portion. Also, being the first year on this site, I wasn't used to the delayed interviews.
I do know what you're saying here. It's similar for me when I read my Official Stargate Mag; everything is old news! But, I do like listening to the interviewees and their perspective on things.

Redhooks
August 8th, 2007, 09:18 AM
But, I do like listening to the interviewees and their perspective on things.
I think the perspective on Season 3 eps was good, but again a little late which is my whole point. The bit about Travelers and casting for this recurring role (of Larrin) was good to hear; back in April or May. Right now, I would like to be hearing that Larrin and the Travelers show up in at least one more episode this season (the season finale?) From the info we have so far, none of the other eps sound likely for a reappearance.

I am waiting for the B5 direct to DVD movie to arrive today, so maybe I'll be in a better mood tonight.

sherryw
August 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I figured the Shep Whumpers stayed together and united against posters outside the whump thread. :P

OT:
I made a thread in the GateWorld Features folder about the "timelyness" of the posting of interviews and am waiting to get redded by the GW PTB. :D

Oh we do, but we also have fun teasing eachother as well. It really is all in good fun.

I'm not sure how they will handle that, but I do know Darren is busy. I guess a late interview is better than nothing at all.

How many more Fridays???

Redhooks
August 8th, 2007, 09:24 AM
How many more Fridays???
Eleven until this episode airs.

*Erika*
August 8th, 2007, 09:37 AM
*sighs*

sherryw
August 8th, 2007, 09:38 AM

*mumbles under breath*

Redhooks
August 8th, 2007, 09:53 AM
*sighs*

*mumbles under breath*
But only ten weeks until Doppelganger another episode the whumpers should like.

*Erika*
August 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM
But only ten weeks until Doppelganger another episode the whumpers should like.
Still too much... I want it all NOW!

sherryw
August 8th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Still too much... I want it all NOW!

What she said!!!

Redhooks
August 9th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Wow!! Just saw the Comic-Con trailer and in the first scene is from Travelers with Sheppard getting into the control/throne/weapons chair most likely on the Travelers Ancient warship and he is talking over the radio to Larrin as she is walking down a hallway with a Ancient life signs detector or a similar control device (newly activated by Sheppard?) and she makes the comment about they should be fine if he doesn't shoot too soon and the banter that follows. Another shot later on after a title card says "A New Race Emerges" where Larrin says that she thinks they can get along. I think this is the part immediately before the kissing scene shown in the JM & PM interview. Later on we see a determined Larrin shooting a gun just like Ronon's. I think this is the episode and not Reunion where we find out more about his gun. I happened to mention this might be the case in this thread a few months ago, but now I am convinced.

How long until ep airs? Oh yeah, 78 more days. :(

Gate Geek
August 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Wow!! Just saw the Comic-Con trailer and in the first scene is from Travelers with Sheppard getting into the control/throne/weapons chair most likely on the Travelers Ancient warship and he is talking over the radio to Larrin as she is walking down a hallway with a Ancient life signs detector or a similar control device (newly activated by Sheppard?) and she makes the comment about they should be fine if he doesn't shoot too soon and the banter that follows. Another shot later on after a title card says "A New Race Emerges" where Larrin says that she thinks they can get along. I think this is the part immediately before the kissing scene shown in the JM & PM interview. Later on we see a determined Larrin shooting a gun just like Ronan's. I think this is the episode and not Reunion where we find out more about his gun. I happened to mention this might be the case in this thread a few months ago, but now I am convinced.

How long until ep airs? Oh yeah, 78 more days. :(

That's depressing!

I saw the trailer too and all I can say is Holy Sh*t!! this episode is gonna rock!!!

vaberella
August 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Sorry guys, I love Shep as much as the next thunker but I'm really not feeling this ep. I just can't put my finger on it, maybe I just want a more tortured Shep throughout the season and his light banter with Larrin irks me. I don't know. And I love Shep with his ladies, cause you know...he just can!! Meh...:(

I will say I'm interested in knowing more about Larrin as she has the ATA gene and all. I'd like to know if she was chosen as leader because of it, probably so. But that will be exciting to watch on screen.

sherryw
August 9th, 2007, 07:25 PM
That's depressing!

I saw the trailer too and all I can say is Holy Sh*t!! this episode is gonna rock!!!

Looks good to me too, but it does look like they are going to run into the Wraith. I believe I saw Larrin fighting one in the trailer, unless my eyes deceived me. Which they often do. :D

Redhooks
August 9th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I will say I'm interested in knowing more about Larrin as she has the ATA gene and all. I'd like to know if she was chosen as leader because of it, probably so. But that will be exciting to watch on screen.
I'm not sure you can assume she has the gene. The device she has might be only some sort of data pad or not even an Ancient device at all. It might have been useless until Sheppard or someone else who had the ATA gene activated it. Like the personal shield Lucius had in Irresponsible, once activated, just about anyone could use it. The only other explanation to me is much more far-fetched. This clip is actually from BASMR and part of the reason the Travelers are cooperating is the Atlantis team gave them the gene therapy. I hope this is not the case, but it is the only other explanation I can think of right now.

Edit: I think Larrin says that barb about firing too quick to Sheppard because she seems upset that he may not have reciprocated in kissing her and being with her. She seems to be a person who normally gets her way. The last shot of her with the gun maybe either when Sheppard is first captured or when he is recaptured. I paused the vid and that gun she has looks exactly like Ronan's. I wish I had way to get a screencap of that because that is just the kind of shot I want to put in a signature pic. :(

vaberella
August 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
It looks like the pad thing they use for other entities. Not only that does it stay lit if someone from the ATA gene lights it up? John gave me the impresion in The Siege I, that only someone with the ATA gene can activate it and keep it going.

I hope to *insert deity* that Atlantis didn't give them the gene. I thought stupidity [within limits] was out the window?! If that is true I might hate the ep before it airs--- and when it airs. They had a problem when John did it the first time in The Tower, you don't go making a mistake like that again even if they are you "sort" of allies?! I really hope that what your saying remains unconfirmed even when it airs. Because that thought terrifies me when look at the credibility of this team. :S

As for your *edit*, I'll agree for now. In the promo where he's behind the bars he looked a bit too comfy. But in the promo we were recently provided by Prion (thanks lovie :D) he doesn't look so impressed by her flirtations. Him and her don't bug me though. I just found him a bit too comfy in some of the other promos with her and it's in no way having to do with any sexuality between them (which far from bugs me).

Redhooks
August 9th, 2007, 08:24 PM
It looks like the pad thing they use for other entities. Not only that does it stay lit if someone from the ATA gene lights it up? John gave me the impresion in The Siege I, that only someone with the ATA gene can activate it and keep it going.

I hope to *insert deity* that Atlantis didn't give them the gene. I thought stupidity [within limits] was out the window?! If that is true I might hate the ep before it airs--- and when it airs. They had a problem when John did it the first time in The Tower, you don't go making a mistake like that again even if they are you "sort" of allies?! I really hope that what your saying remains unconfirmed even when it airs. Because that thought terrifies me when look at the credibility of this team. :S

As for your *edit*, I'll agree for now. In the promo where he's behind the bars he looked a bit too comfy. But in the promo we were recently provided by Prion (thanks lovie :D) he doesn't look so impressed by her flirtations. Him and her don't bug me though. I just found him a bit too comfy in some of the other promos with her and it's in no way having to do with any sexuality between them (which far from bugs me).
If what she has in her hand is a life signs detector, then I would agree with you, but my point is that it might be just some other tech that the Travelers found. By the way, if Sheppard doesn't want her, they can send her to me especially if she is dressed this way. ;) http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6957010&postcount=32

vaberella
August 9th, 2007, 08:39 PM
If what she has in her hand is a life signs detector, then I would agree with you, but my point is that it might be just some other tech that the Travelers found. By the way, if Sheppard doesn't want her, they can send her to me especially if she is dressed this way. ;) http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6957010&postcount=32

Care to share?! ;) Darn...this woman has great taste in boots. Wowie!! I love her shoes. I wish I could ask her where she gets them. Her taste in clothing is less than *blech*, but her shoe taste is just unmatched. ~sigh~ What great shoes she has...:S

Alipeeps
August 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM

The only other explanation to me is much more far-fetched. This clip is actually from BASMR and part of the reason the Travelers are cooperating is the Atlantis team gave them the gene therapy. I hope this is not the case, but it is the only other explanation I can think of right now.

That's actually kinda what I was gonna say... I got the feeling that first clip might be from BAMSR and not Travellers - as they seem to be in Atlantis or a city ship with a control chair (I know the Travelers have an ancient warship in Travelers but the ships we've seen so far (the Aurora and the Orion) don't have control chairs.... we've only seen them in city ships or the Arctic outpost). We also know that part of the plot of Travelers is that they are looking for a way for them to be able to control Ancient tech and take a blood sample from Sheppard to use in creating an interface. It's entirely possible that by BAMSR they have succeeded in creating a way to interface... their own version of the gene therapy.

vaberella
August 10th, 2007, 02:01 AM
There is no way I will like the fact that some people were given the gene therapy by our guys. I can tolerate them having the gene already, that's fine and dandy as some of them did in The Tower. I will not however appreciate us giving it to them, mainly because we have no way of knowing they are allies and how advanced they are---much like the surprise we got when we saw The Underground and Ladon's ability to create a nuclear bomb. This is problematic to the extreme and dangerous.

No allie is worth risking our own advantages and having them turned back on us. Especially not knowing what secrets lay. Give them a little fine, but I see the gene therapy as a major danger, reminiscint of The Tower.

Redhooks
August 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
The Wombles:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/Wombles-4.jpg

Animated UK children's TV show, originally made and aired in the mid 1970s. Fictional creatures that lived on Wimbledon Common in London and collect and use whatever bits of things they find lying around the park...

The theme song lyrics included the line... "making good use of the things that they find, things that the everyday folks leave behind.." :D
I saw this while I was looking back for my post about Ronon's gun and I had to post that photo again!!

Later on we see a determined Larrin shooting a gun just like Ronon's. I think this is the episode and not Reunion where we find out more about his gun. I happened to mention this might be the case in this thread a few months ago, but now I am convinced.
See post about original guess: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6752829&postcount=724

Redhooks
August 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Here are some screencaps from Comic-Con Trailer featuring Larrin:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersHallway.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersHallway02.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelerswithSheppard.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersGun.jpg
Looks just like Ronon's gun
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersGunCloseup.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersFightingWraith.jpg
Fighting a Wraith

scifi_lemon
August 10th, 2007, 10:55 PM

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersHallway.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersHallway02.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelerswithSheppard.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersGun.jpg
Looks just like Ronan's gun
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersGunCloseup.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersFightingWraith.jpg
Fighting a Wraith

Hey! She's got a gun like Ronon! Is that where he got it from, or did they shop at the same firearms store? ;)

Redhooks
August 10th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Hey! She's got a gun like Ronon! Is that where he got it from, or did they shop at the same firearms store? ;)
That is why I posted that pic to show everyone and let them decide if it is or isn't. I think this is the episode where we will find out more about Ronon's gun. The Travelers probably picked them up from a Wraith-culled world. Somehow Ronon got his hands on one also.

elbo
August 11th, 2007, 05:28 AM
I must admit that i like the idea of "Travelers" very smart and non-conventonal human race. They seem to have no problem with taking prisoners, torture them, use them and they are not even Wraith (the prisoners); also i don't see them puting their neck in danger in order to save other humans or to clean up the galaxy by the Wraith. To push it a little i think that they are quite happy with the situation: the Wraith cull and they take the leftovers.

Is a nice diversity, because i was getting bored about the humans always helping others, always try to control everything (Earth here), always being used and cheated, etc. Think about it : the Wraith need us for food, the Goa'uld need us for hosts and slaves, the Ori need us for our faith. And don't get me started with Star Trek unverse.

About the control symdrone (smell americanish to me), it always pop in my mind a very intersting paradox from season 3 regarding the Asurans: those people that really try to achieve peace with them and admit that they are sencient and a civilasation like any other, still look what she says: "You were building ships. They NEED TO BE NEUTRALISE". It's incredible this paradox. On the other hand we recognize equal rights to a civilasation, but while we have our little fleet of Daedalus Class ships wandering 2-3 galaxies and blowing stuff up, we ask to other civilasation to stay on the ground ... LOL. Now really, we cannot really hope to achieve peace, by offering a surrender, to our control and principles.

But i got a little off, the ideea is that is nice to see non-convetional human races; it is a sci-fi after all and nobody will judge the writers about the philophicals variations, thanks god! Even recuring race, it's a start. Maby in the futer they will make a really intersting, multi-dimentional and playable humane race.

vaberella
August 11th, 2007, 09:32 AM
That is why I posted that pic to show everyone and let them decide if it is or isn't. I think this is the episode where we will find out more about Ronon's gun. The Travelers probably picked them up from a Wraith-culled world. Somehow Ronon got his hands on one also.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/huh2.gif I'm sorry RH, I don't think I agree with that. First off, I do think that the gun is similar to Ronon's. My question is what makes you think the gun is not Ronon's? Or produced by a fellow Satedan who is part of the "Travelers". The Travelers are a people made up different Ethnic groups in the PG. There is a strong possibility that Larrin is one, and from what I see of her outfit, what's to say she's not of Satedan lineage herself? I just think the Satedan's had extremely advanced weaponry and were culled because of their advancement, I think Ronon's gun is just a Satedan gun----not one picked up from some other planet. It could have very well been a Satedan person who created that gun for Larrin---who is part of them.

On another notion going back to my question, she could have very well stolen Ronon's gun. Everyone wants one after all. :)

Lord batchi ball
August 11th, 2007, 10:25 AM
ok if it is from Ronans home world that means that the wraith called him with a gun not smart and he could have gone back but what I saw they were around are tech I'm thinking its a wraith design.

Redhooks
August 11th, 2007, 10:27 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/huh2.gif I'm sorry RH, I don't think I agree with that. First off, I do think that the gun is similar to Ronon's. My question is what makes you think the gun is not Ronon's? Or produced by a fellow Satedan who is part of the "Travelers". The Travelers are a people made up different Ethnic groups in the PG. There is a strong possibility that Larrin is one, and from what I see of her outfit, what's to say she's not of Satedan lineage herself? I just think the Satedan's had extremely advanced weaponry and were culled because of their advancement, I think Ronon's gun is just a Satedan gun----not one picked up from some other planet. It could have very well been a Satedan person who created that gun for Larrin---who is part of them.

On another notion going back to my question, she could have very well stolen Ronon's gun. Everyone wants one after all. :)
Interesting ideas. I guess we will have to wait until Oct. 26 to find out.
I don't think it is Ronon's gun because only Sheppard meets the Travelers in this episode and Jill Wagner stated in the Gateship-One interview that she had no scenes with Jason Momoa who is a friend of hers. While there could be some Satedans within the group, from what I have read the majority, if not all, of the Travelers are from one planet whose inhabitants decided to hide from the Wraith by taking to space generations ago.

vaberella
August 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Interesting ideas. I guess we will have to wait until Oct. 26 to find out.
I don't think it is Ronon's gun because only Sheppard meets the Travelers in this episode and Jill Wagner stated in the Gateship-One interview that she had no scenes with Jason Momoa who is a friend of hers. While there could be some Satedans within the group, from what I have read the majority, if not all, of the Travelers are from one planet whose inhabitants decided to hide from the Wraith by taking to space generations ago.

Really? I could have sworn I heard that it was a group of different ethnic groups who made up the Traveler's. Not all from one group and one planet. They were made up like the Hoffans (the ones from Inferno). But I'm up for the wait and see.

ok if it is from Ronans home world that means that the wraith called him with a gun not smart and he could have gone back but what I saw they were around are tech I'm thinking its a wraith design.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/huh2.gif I don't know if I agree. They've culled Ronon with all his knives, that's not smart either. He has many a hiding place, so They could very well have. And one stunner shot to Ronon's back, disables him gun and all. Check out Lost Boys/The Hive. Ronon had his gun perfectly fine in The Hive (albeit he wasn't culled) but they were able to disarm him and he was able to get his gun back.

I don't think it's a wraith design. The Wraith like to disable than to kill. They're hands do all the killing. Well one could say when they go hunting and or fighting another wraith, or even the stunner built into the gun<---despite all this, it would still be beneficial for the Satedans to have a similar gun when there are civil wars and what not.

Plus, I'm not sure about Ronon using Wraith weaponry since those same weaponry could have been used to kill his people. It's just not his style.

That's like that Geico commercial where the caveman hates geico cause geico is prejudice but at the same time has Geico insurance on his car. That doesn't read Ronon to me. But Ronon wearing a suit (that's of course if it's an "Earthling" suit) and going on the net doesn't sound like Ronon to me---sounds more like something Jason Momoa would do...:S

Redhooks
August 11th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Really? I could have sworn I heard that it was a group of different ethnic groups who made up the Traveler's. Not all from one group and one planet. They were made up like the Hoffans (the ones from Inferno). But I'm up for the wait and see.
Actually, it was the Taranians in Inferno and the Hoffans were in Poisoning the Well.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/huh2.gif I don't know if I agree. They've culled Ronon with all his knives, that's not smart either. He has many a hiding place, so They could very well have. And one stunner shot to Ronon's back, disables him gun and all. Check out Lost Boys/The Hive. Ronon had his gun perfectly fine in The Hive (albeit he wasn't culled) but they were able to disarm him and he was able to get his gun back.
Somebody started a thread about how many times Ronon lost or had his gun taken only to magically reappear without an explanation. :rolleyes:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44924&highlight=Ronon

I don't think it's a wraith design. The Wraith like to disable than to kill. They're hands do all the killing. Well one could say when they go hunting and or fighting another wraith, or even the stunner built into the gun<---despite all this, it would still be beneficial for the Satedans to have a similar gun when there are civil wars and what not.

Plus, I'm not sure about Ronon using Wraith weaponry since those same weaponry could have been used to kill his people. It's just not his style.

That's like that Geico commercial where the caveman hates geico cause geico is prejudice but at the same time has Geico insurance on his car. That doesn't read Ronon to me. But Ronon wearing a suit (that's of course if it's an "Earthling" suit) and going on the net doesn't sound like Ronon to me---sounds more like something Jason Momoa would do...:S
I don't think it is a Wraith design either, but I doubt it is Satedan design either. If it was, it would have been mentioned in Sateda IMO. This is definitely not an episode to miss.

vaberella
August 11th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Actually, it was the Taranians in Inferno and the Hoffans were in Poisoning the Well.[quote]

Thanks RH. Let me tell you, I know all the eps in number order and can probably quote scenes per each ep. But when it comes to knowing each ethnicity by heart, I don't have a bloody clue. If you're not Athosian or Genii, you're just something, but I don't know what. :D I don't even hear when they do mention their names. I have to get on top of that. :D

[QUOTE=Redhooks;6984370]Somebody started a thread about how many times Ronon lost or had his gun taken only to magically reappear without an explanation. :rolleyes:
I'm going to check that out, and I so do wonder how he loses but gets them back and where the hell it went. I'm going to start thinking that the gun is mentally controlled and/or it has legs and a mind of it's own.

I don't think it is a Wraith design either, but I doubt it is Satedan design either. If it was, it would have been mentioned in Sateda IMO. This is definitely not an episode to miss.
Not much time to worry about Satedan weaponry if you get my meaning. So I don't think they'd have discussed it in that ep. But I do think it's most likely Satedan or probably even specially made by someone for him. Not that it's unique, but the maker could be around.

Redhooks
August 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Actually, it was the Taranians in Inferno and the Hoffans were in Poisoning the Well.

Thanks RH. Let me tell you, I know all the eps in number order and can probably quote scenes per each ep. But when it comes to knowing each ethnicity by heart, I don't have a bloody clue. If you're not Athosian or Genii, you're just something, but I don't know what. :D I don't even hear when they do mention their names. I have to get on top of that. :D
I confess that it took me a few minutes looking through the episode guide on here to know the exact names before I posted. ;)

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Looks just like Ronon's gun

Fighting a Wraith
That is denfinatly a life signs detector or another Ancient pad, so if we gave them the therapy why would we? As long as it's done right I'll be fine with it.

Redhooks
August 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I've been watching the Comci-Con Preview all weekend and thinking what scenarios could explain some of the scenes shown from Travelers in the trailer. Spoilers have told us that the Travelers have an Ancient warship/battleship of unknown type that may or may not be an Aurora class vessel.

In the previews we see that Sheppard gets into a control chair that could be in the Ancient ship or it might be in another city ship as Alipeeps suggested. Why is there no other Travelers in this place besides Larrin? If it was the warship, you would think there would be a lot of others with her? Maybe Larrin tells Sheppard of an Ancient outpost or city ship that they couldn't get to activate due to the lack of the ATA gene and it contains some information they need? (Wraith weakness intel perhaps?) Unfortunately, when the get there or shortly after they get there, the Wraith show up. Sheppard goes to the chair to fire the drones at one or several Wraith ships, while Larrin goes to the control room to pilot the ship or to get the info. She has what appears to be a life signs detector (how if no ATA gene or maybe something similar the Travelers have adapted for their use?) to scan for Wraith as she makes her way to wherever she is going. There is a shot of three Wraith walking down a corridor searching for something with stunners drawn.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith02.jpg

This corridor has similar lighting to where Larrin is suggesting to Sheppard they could work together (and more. ;))

There is a quick clip of a Wraith coming through an Ancient-looking doorway who looks like the first Wraith in the first photo above.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith01.jpg

Maybe this Wraith surprises Larrin or Sheppard and in another shot is either reacting to being shot in the back with Larrin's gun or to an explosion behind him.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith03.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersGun03.jpg

Then sometime later another one of the other Wraith gets into hand-to-hand combat with Larrin.

We know Larrin isn't killed because she comes back in BASMR and maybe Sheppard saves her somehow after the explosion near the control chair.

I believe most, if not all, the Season 4 Wraith shots are from Travelers, because I don't think any other episode has a Wraith in it until The Seer. I'm actually surprised about Wraith being in this episode, because I was under the impression it was mostly based on the Traveler's ship and there was no info, that I saw before this trailer, about them being in this episode.

I think this maybe a more arc-based episode then I first thought. I thought it was just going to be an introduction type episode for the new race and have the action all be around Sheppard's capture, imprisionment, and eventual release after some agreement is made with Larrin.

I don't know if I can wait the 74 days until this episode airs.:S

sherryw
August 12th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I've been watching the Comci-Con Preview all weekend and thinking what scenarios could explain some of the scenes shown from Travelers in the trailer. Spoilers have told us that the Travelers have an Ancient warship/battleship of unknown type that may or may not be an Aurora class vessel.

In the previews we see that Sheppard gets into a control chair that could be in the Ancient ship or it might be in another city ship as Alipeeps suggested. Why is there no other Travelers in this place besides Larrin? If it was the warship, you would think there would be a lot of others with her? Maybe Larrin tells Sheppard of an Ancient outpost or city ship that they couldn't get to activate due to the lack of the ATA gene and it contains some information they need? (Wraith weakness intel perhaps?) Unfortunately, when the get there or shortly after they get there, the Wraith show up. Sheppard goes to the chair to fire the drones at one or several Wraith ships, while Larrin goes to the control room to pilot the ship or to get the info. She has what appears to be a life signs detector (how if no ATA gene or maybe something similar the Travelers have adapted for their use?) to scan for Wraith as she makes her way to wherever she is going. There is a shot of three Wraith walking down a corridor searching for something with stunners drawn.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith02.jpg

This corridor has similar lighting to where Larrin is suggesting to Sheppard they could work together (and more. ;))

There is a quick clip of a Wraith coming through an Ancient-looking doorway who looks like the first Wraith in the first photo above.

[SPOILERS]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith01.jpg

Maybe this Wraith surprises Larrin or Sheppard and in another shot is either reacting to being shot in the back with Larrin's gun or to an explosion behind him.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith03.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/LarrinTravelersGun03.jpg

Then sometime later another one of the other Wraith gets into hand-to-hand combat with Larrin.

We know Larrin isn't killed because she comes back in BASMR and maybe Sheppard saves her somehow after the explosion near the control chair.

I believe most, if not all, the Season 4 Wraith shots are from Travelers, because I don't think any other episode has a Wraith in it until The Seer. I'm actually surprised about Wraith being in this episode, because I was under the impression it was mostly based on the Traveler's ship and there was no info, that I saw before this trailer, about them being in this episode.

I think this maybe a more arc-based episode then I first thought. I thought it was just going to be an introduction type episode for the new race and have the action all be around Sheppard's capture, imprisionment, and eventual release after some agreement is made with Larrin.

Loving the discussion with the pics. I had a feeling that the Wraith were going to show up. I mean the episode had to have some outside danger for Shep. Not to mention we need to see the new ship in battle. Hopefully it will last for more than one battle. :D Does anyone want to wager what Shep's going to call this ship or do you think Larrin name it?

I wonder if Shep is going to fly the ship from the chair like he flew Atlantis in FS. Either that or he is going to fire on the part of the ship that has the Wraith in it. That could be why she told him not to fire too soon. She may be in that section of the ship or don't fire up the engines too soon.

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 03:02 AM

Thanks, i'd missed a few of those pics. The device Larrin's holding definately looks similar to the Lantean LSD, but bigger. Maybe they've cobbled together their own version of it? I'm assuming they must have techies/scientists on board the generation ship. But does anyone notice that the ship looks completely different from the original promo pic to the one RH posted?

The ones from the new ones make the ship look more advanced, whereas the earlier ship looked like an old submerine. I'll try and dig out some clips to show you.

It looks like his gun, maybe they bartered it, or stole it from the Satedan homeworld after it was obliterated (and before Ronon went back)? I'm sure he wasn't the only one to have that type of gun.

I must admit that i like the idea of "Travelers" very smart and non-conventonal human race. They seem to have no problem with taking prisoners, torture them, use them and they are not even Wraith (the prisoners); also i don't see them puting their neck in danger in order to save other humans or to clean up the galaxy by the Wraith. To push it a little i think that they are quite happy with the situation: the Wraith cull and they take the leftovers.

Is a nice diversity, because i was getting bored about the humans always helping others, always try to control everything (Earth here), always being used and cheated, etc. Think about it : the Wraith need us for food, the Goa'uld need us for hosts and slaves, the Ori need us for our faith. And don't get me started with Star Trek unverse.

About the control symdrone (smell americanish to me), it always pop in my mind a very intersting paradox from season 3 regarding the Asurans: those people that really try to achieve peace with them and admit that they are sencient and a civilasation like any other, still look what she says: "You were building ships. They NEED TO BE NEUTRALISE". It's incredible this paradox. On the other hand we recognize equal rights to a civilasation, but while we have our little fleet of Daedalus Class ships wandering 2-3 galaxies and blowing stuff up, we ask to other civilasation to stay on the ground ... LOL. Now really, we cannot really hope to achieve peace, by offering a surrender, to our control and principles.

But i got a little off, the ideea is that is nice to see non-convetional human races; it is a sci-fi after all and nobody will judge the writers about the philophicals variations, thanks god! Even recuring race, it's a start. Maby in the futer they will make a really intersting, multi-dimentional and playable humane race.

I agree, I look forward to a race, like the Gennii, (i've missed them). I like to see a race that isn't afraid to do what they want to get what they need. I like that they don't appear to have any loyalties whatsoever, which makes their race interesting.

I thought the ship was a generational ship? Where did you hear that there were other races? Hehehe well, we know that Shep's been after Ronon's gun for the last year or so. :lol:

Somebody started a thread about how many times Ronon lost or had his gun taken only to magically reappear without an explanation. :rolleyes:

Hehehe, will have to go take a look at that :lol:

That is denfinatly a life signs detector or another Ancient pad, so if we gave them the therapy why would we? As long as it's done right I'll be fine with it.

I have a feeling that we won't be giving them the gene. I think they're too unpredictable to be given it. But I guess only time will tell :D

Loving the discussion with the pics. I had a feeling that the Wraith were going to show up. I mean the episode had to have some outside danger for Shep. Not to mention we need to see the new ship in battle. Hopefully it will last for more than one battle. :D Does anyone want to wager what Shep's going to call this ship or do you think Larrin name it?

I wonder if Shep is going to fly the ship from the chair like he flew Atlantis in FS. Either that or he is going to fire on the part of the ship that has the Wraith in it. That could be why she told him not to fire too soon. She may be in that section of the ship or don't fire up the engines too soon.

me too, there had to be a diversion for Shep to be able to get away, and it was either going to be the Wraith or the team. The explosion near the chair looks interesting though. To have something like that and set it up on Larrin's ship must mean that they have drones etc to. So somewhere along the way, they must have found an abandoned ancient outpost or something, and maybe Sheppards deal is to help them in exchange for info about where they got the chair and drones?

Peggy=speculating wildly :lol:

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks, i'd missed a few of those pics. The device Larrin's holding definately looks similar to the Lantean LSD, but bigger. Maybe they've cobbled together their own version of it? I'm assuming they must have techies/scientists on board the generation ship. But does anyone notice that the ship looks completely different from the original promo pic to the one RH posted?

The ones from the new ones make the ship look more advanced, whereas the earlier ship looked like an old submerine. I'll try and dig out some clips to show you.
The ship/outpost they are on is definitely not the Travelers' generation ship because as you mentioned it is different from the JM & PM interview promo clips that showed everything to be pieced together. It could be the Ancient warship is not with the Travelers, but they know where it is. It could be hidden like the Orion was in an underground hanger. There have been spoilers that said the Travelers have the ship with them, but maybe they are wrong. As far as the LSD, it is mind altering (oops, wrong LSD, :D) I agree with you that is a version the Travelers somehow have gotten working without the ATA gene.

It looks like his gun, maybe they bartered it, or stole it from the Satedan homeworld after it was obliterated (and before Ronon went back)? I'm sure he wasn't the only one to have that type of gun.
I still don't think it is of Satedan design.

I have a feeling that we won't be giving them the gene. I think they're too unpredictable to be given it. But I guess only time will tell :D I don't want to give it to them either.

The explosion near the chair looks interesting though. To have something like that and set it up on Larrin's ship must mean that they have drones etc to. So somewhere along the way, they must have found an abandoned ancient outpost or something, and maybe Sheppards deal is to help them in exchange for info about where they got the chair and drones?

Peggy=speculating wildly :lol:
That is what this thread is for. Throw it all out there and come Oct. 26 we can see if our speculations are well founded or that we need to find the trash for them. :D

SGFerrit
August 13th, 2007, 09:48 AM
I've heard people here wondering how Larrin could use the Ancient's LSD because...

1. They don't have the gene in the first place
2. Atlantis Expedition would be stupid for just giving them the gene therapy

Don't forgot people, the whole point of capturing Sheppard was to take his blood and use it to create their own interface:) It is likely that when we see Larrin using that tech, they have already used Sheppard to perfect their interface:)

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I've heard people here wondering how Larrin could use the Ancient's LSD because...

Don't forgot people, the whole point of capturing Sheppard was to take his blood and use it to create their own interface:) It is likely that when we see Larrin using that tech, they have already used Sheppard to perfect their interface:)
It is just speculation that it IS an Ancient life signs detector.

scifi_lemon
August 13th, 2007, 12:07 PM
It is just speculation that it IS an Ancient life signs detector.

It looked like an LSD to me. *shrug*

vaberella
August 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM

SGF has it been confirmed that Larrin and her peeps wanted Shep for his gene? I might have missed that. If that's the case, then I see why she has the ability to use the LSD, cause it looked like that to me too. Plus, that's a good storyline if that's the case. I've read a few fanfics that touch on people's kidnapping the Shep's Team to get to Shep for his gene. If this is true, that's going to be great to see on screen.

Alright SGF has been successful. I'm officially bloody excited about this ep and I cannot wait to see this one on screen. I actually might be more excited about it than Tabula Rasa. I hope you're right and if you confirmation...post it here so I can be sure. I'm loving Larrin again.

SGFerrit
August 13th, 2007, 12:38 PM
SGF has it been confirmed that Larrin and her peeps wanted Shep for his gene? I might have missed that. If that's the case, then I see why she has the ability to use the LSD, cause it looked like that to me too. Plus, that's a good storyline if that's the case. I've read a few fanfics that touch on people's kidnapping the Shep's Team to get to Shep for his gene. If this is true, that's going to be great to see on screen.

From Joe's Blog (http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/Travelers/TravelersBloodCollector.jpg)

From Stargate Solutions:

"The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor"

Alright SGF has been successful. I'm officially bloody excited about this ep and I cannot wait to see this one on screen. I actually might be more excited about it than Tabula Rasa. I hope you're right and if you confirmation...post it here so I can be sure. I'm loving Larrin again.

Whoop!:D

Linzi
August 13th, 2007, 12:43 PM

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/redhooks/Misc/SGA%20Pics/SGAPromoWraith01.jpg

You STAR! I missed all that on the promo. I'm even MORE EXCITED now! Thanks so much for your detective work! May I just say....SQUEEEE??? :o

Good point! :)

It looked like an LSD to me. *shrug*

Me too!

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM
From Joe's Blog (http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/Travelers/TravelersBloodCollector.jpg)

From Stargate Solutions:

"The satellite picked up Sheppard’s presence in his ship and attacked him because he was flying the puddle jumper, Lantian technology that requires the gene to operate. They took samples of his blood in order to configure a control interface adaptor"

Whoop!:D
I'm not sure they could have made the interface work so quickly for this episode. We will have to wait and see. I still think it is an adapted type of controller that does not require the ATA gene to operate.
Still over 10 weeks from this episode airing. :( Plenty of time for more spoiler info to be leaked and for more speculation. :D

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
The ship/outpost they are on is definitely not the Travelers' generation ship because as you mentioned it is different from the JM & PM interview promo clips that showed everything to be pieced together. It could be the Ancient warship is not with the Travelers, but they know where it is. It could be hidden like the Orion was in an underground hanger. There have been spoilers that said the Travelers have the ship with them, but maybe they are wrong. As far as the LSD, it is mind altering (oops, wrong LSD, :D) I agree with you that is a version the Travelers somehow have gotten working without the ATA gene.

Ah that's why things looked so different, cos it was a different ship!:o If it's not hidden behind some planet, then this ship is gonna be humungous, I wonder if they did any specs for this? Hehehe, I wish the LSD was mind altering, lol, you know what us whumpers are like. ;) :P :D

I agree, i don't think they'd have been able to get the gene working that quickly even with Shep's blood.

I still don't think it is of Satedan design.
I don't want to give it to them either.

That is what this thread is for. Throw it all out there and come Oct. 26 we can see if our speculations are well founded or that we need to find the trash for them. :D

Nah I think we need to hold out on that ATA gene at least until they've proved their allegience. Even then I wouldn't want it wildly distributed. I love speculation, but I tend to tie myselves in knots. :D

They've said they wanted a person with the ATA gene, they just got lucky with Shep. I don't think that the LSD is like ours, it's probably put together with different technology they've scavaged. I don't think Larrin has the gene, because otherwise wouldn't she use the chair instead of Shep?

*giggles* VB are you having a squee moment? Hehehe

vaberella
August 13th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Question...When does Larrin come back in BAMSR? I heard her people would come back but Larrin herself was not going to show because Jill Wagner had other committments.

They've said they wanted a person with the ATA gene, they just got lucky with Shep. I don't think that the LSD is like ours, it's probably put together with different technology they've scavaged. I don't think Larrin has the gene, because otherwise wouldn't she use the chair instead of Shep?

Basically!! Maybe Larrin would use the chair, maybe not. I think she has it.

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 12:50 PM
You STAR! I missed all that on the promo. I'm even MORE EXCITED now! Thanks so much for your detective work! May I just say....SQUEEEE??? :o
Your welcome. The three photos with the Wraith are just guesses by me to be in Travelers. I think I am right, but we will have to wait and see.

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Question...When does Larrin come back in BAMSR? I heard her people would come back but Larrin herself was not going to show because Jill Wagner had other committments.
She is in BASMR and Jill has already filmed it back in late May/early June. Jill filmed a sci-fi horror movie entitled Splinter during July in Oklahoma City, but is back in LA now. I have heard that she will be filming some more Mercury commercials this week. I am hoping she might be in Harmony or the season finale, but there doesn't seem to me to be any other episodes that could have the Travelers in them this season. :S

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Basically!! Maybe Larrin would use the chair, maybe not. I think she has it.

:lol: Red might know about Larrin coming back and Jill's committments, cos he's a dedicated fan :D I don't think she has, otherwise she wouldn't have needed shep. I think it would take longer than a few days to isolate that particular gene, especially as shep's DNA would be different.

Your welcome. The three photos with the Wraith are just guesses by me to be in Travelers. I think I am right, but we will have to wait and see.

Very good gueses :D

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM

I thought about mentioning her using the chair also instead of Sheppard because it was probably safer, but then I thought, Sheppard has experience using the chair and Larrin does not.

vaberella
August 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Wicked...well besides her commentary which I'm not too fond of in the ep; the storyline is fantastic and I like Larrin the character as a rogue group of people. This is bound to be great. Now I didn't know all this...thanks for clearing that up SGF and I'm back to being excited to see ALL the eps of S4. Wow, I really can't wait for this. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/woohoo.gif

Linzi
August 13th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I think you're right too! Squeeeeee!!!! :)

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM
I thought about mentioning her using the chair also instead of Sheppard because it was probably safer, but then I thought, Sheppard has experience using the chair and Larrin does not.

That's true, I can't see them as having perfected the ATA gene in a few days... I could be wrong, but even gene splicing takes more than a few days to complete, run trials etc. But we'll see in 45 days is it now? Hehehe

Wicked...well besides her commentary which I'm not too fond of in the ep; the storyline is fantastic and I like Larrin the character as a rogue group of people. This is bound to be great. Now I didn't know all this...thanks for clearing that up SGF and I'm back to being excited to see ALL the eps of S4. Wow, I really can't wait for this. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/vaberella/woohoo.gif

:lol: I have to say I prefer the feisty flirty stuff as oppossed to the lovey dovey stuff. personally i'd just prefer action, drama, blowing of things up, than mush, hehehe, but then that's just me :D Innuendo I find quite humerous... *adjusts her halo*

Oh btw VB, what the heck is SGF? You know i've learned so very frequently that i'm not hip and trendy any more. :lol:

Redhooks
August 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
:lol: I have to say I prefer the feisty flirty stuff as oppossed to the lovey dovey stuff. personally i'd just prefer action, drama, blowing of things up, than mush, hehehe, but then that's just me :D Innuendo I find quite humerous... *adjusts her halo*

Oh btw VB, what the heck is SGF? You know i've learned so very frequently that i'm not hip and trendy any more. :lol:
YOU HAVE A HALO?!?!?!? :eek: CHEEKY ;) :lol:

SGF is SGFerrit I believe.

vaberella
August 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
VB is TEH lazy, as RH (see the acros fly) stated, it stands for SGFerrit. :)

I have a slew of acros and nicknames.:D

Redhooks = RH
the_dancer_of_spaz (uber obnoxious name :D) = Spazzie
Ruffles = Rufs or Ruffs ---whatever tickles my fancy.
Seldear= Sellie (don't let her find out, she'd red me :D)
Mitchell82 = Mitch
Pegasus_SGA= PSGA
Vaberella = Vabbie/VB/V (she has many acros and/or nicknames :D)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the list goes on....woohoo I love Travelers...you guys have no idea how SGF has made me excited followed by the news by all you guys, RH and PSGA---you guys can take credit. I'm uber excited.

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 01:33 PM
YOU HAVE A HALO?!?!?!? :eek: CHEEKY ;) :lol:

SGF is SGFerrit I believe.

I do indeed, it does slip on the odd occasion though, thankfully the horns keep it up. ;) :P :D

Ah thanks hon, my brain can't keep up with these things, lol.

PG15
August 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM
What, I don't get a nickname?! What am I, chopped flocking? :p

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM
You're "The chosen one" or "Mr Snuffleupugous" ;) :p

Don't you like it? *sniff*

How's the squee coming along hon? Have you been practicing?

PG15
August 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM
I love them. :D

I'm practicing right now; specifically, I'm doing the part at the very end. Can you hear it? No? Good. ;)

Pegasus_SGA
August 13th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Remember only dogs should be able to hear the ending of the squee. And i've not quite reached 'Dog' status, but i'm working on it. ;) :P :D

You know what they say, practice makes perfect, and you've got a whole 45 days to perfect it. :D

Gate Geek
August 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Oh my...nicknames...squee practice.....and travelers.......what a weird, but fun thread!!

vaberella
August 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
AD = Agent Dark
Gate Geek = GG (I know I've called him/her that) :confused:
PG15 = Flocker ---:lol: I couldn't help myself.

PG15
August 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I'm fine with that too. :D

Gate Geek
August 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
AD = Agent Dark
Gate Geek = GG (I know I've called him/her that) :confused:
PG15 = Flocker ---:lol: I couldn't help myself.

GG is a her. :D :D And well, everyone calls me GG so no confusion there.

sherryw
August 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM

If Larrin did in fact get the gene maybe her gene still isnt' strong enough to control the chair. Obviously Shep does it without effort, but maybe the Travelers weren't able to perfect as well as Beckett did.