Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Travelers Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds cool, no dobut it will end up getting blown up or something though

Carter: Sir I've been thinking.
    O'Neill: I'd be shocked if you stopped Carter

Comment

Interesting, though I was kind of hoping it would be a completely alien race but it sounds like another brand of regular old humans *sigh* oh well. Guess these guys could quite possibly replace the Genii as minor semi-bad guys.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I hope that these guys aren't the "advanced race".

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
          I hope that these guys aren't the "advanced race".
          I agree, but I do hope they are advance like the Tollan, man I do miss the Tollans and their toys lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
            Wonder how many episodes it will take to blow it up?
            Chances are if these are the new guys that's coming in, they'll eventually keep & escape in the ship.

The other one is that Shep or the Wraith will destroy it.

I think anything will happen to it, rather than the SGA team getting their hands on it.

I think it'll go a bit like 'The Brotherhood', it'll look like they may get the ship, but right at the end, something will happen & the new race will escape with it!

They haven't mentioned the Tria/Trea in 10 eps, then there is the 'Submersion' Cruiser. So can't see them having any possibility of actually getting another ship to keep..Can not see that happening at all!

Comment

I think this race will be another race that simply uses Ancient tech and has a limited understanding of it but thats about it. Like the people in the Tower but hopefully better and more 'intelligent' then them. I mean that spoiler up there makes mention of
              Spoiler:
              the travellers referring to the Ancients as the Ancestors which all human born within the Pegasus Galaxy seem to refer to the Ancients as

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                I think this race will be another race that simply uses Ancient tech and has a limited understanding of it but thats about it. Like the people in the Tower but hopefully better and more 'intelligent' then them. I mean that spoiler up there makes mention of
                Spoiler:
                the travellers referring to the Ancients as the Ancestors which all human born within the Pegasus Galaxy seem to refer to the Ancients as
                Thats what I think from the spoiler as well.
                sigpic

Comment

Solutions has obtained spoilers for the S4 episode, Travelers,
                  currently scheduled for episode 4 of the season:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=761

Ah, looks like there will be some Sheppard whump

Comment

We'll see it may end up being saved after all a ship in the dock is worth 2 ancient vessels and a hive ship in the debris!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

This is likely a stupid question. This does sound like a neat episode but what exactly does whump mean?
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        This is likely a stupid question. This does sound like a neat episode but what exactly does whump mean?
                        Uhh.. whump is kinda hard to define. It is also known as hurt/comfort and is essentially interest in/enjoyment of seeing a character suffer through difficult situations, usually involving physical or mental trauma. In other words, we like seeing Sheppard get beaten up!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Uhh.. whump is kinda hard to define. It is also known as hurt/comfort and is essentially interest in/enjoyment of seeing a character suffer through difficult situations, usually involving physical or mental trauma. In other words, we like seeing Sheppard get beaten up!
                          and it's also the character interaction - friends coming to rescue, the 'comfort' part at the end too. it's putting your favorite character in jeopardy, sorta.. but not (as as happens a lot in tv) walking away with nary a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            Can I ask you, as someone who works on Solutions, how reliable the information about this ep is? How good is your source?
                            I've seen the 'source' material and the spoilers are good, albeit the information is very limited so there's still the latter three acts to fill out the episode...

Comment

spoiler summary -
                              Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ndex.php?cat=9

Sheppard has been captured, beaten, and bound by the Travelers Silas, Nevik, and Larrin. Of the three, Larrin, a female leader with the title of “Commander”, continues interacting with Sheppard on an individual basis. !

I would say that
                              Spoiler:
                              individual basis is a way of say, she's the key interrogator. The one who decides if Shep lives or dies and doles out appropriate punishment (or delegates it, really) when Shep decides to be uncooperative, and judging from his history, he's never very cooperative in situations like this...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                spoiler summary - [/spoilers]

I would say that
                                Spoiler:
                                individual basis is a way of say, she's the key interrogator. The one who decides if Shep lives or dies and doles out appropriate punishment (or delegates it, really) when Shep decides to be uncooperative, and judging from his history, he's never very cooperative in situations like this...
                                Or she's the big-breasted, ridiculously hot space vixen who has the hots for Sheppard and constantly evades the others to reassure Shep that he'll be safe and ends up being the one to form an alliance. Either way I'm happy, more so with the latter........
                                'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X